Magical Menagerie (18+)(Sathenus & Alicihino)

Sathenus

Aizik was glad to hear that Luca could tuck himself in for the night and he was comfortable enough to leave him alone the room to get some sleep. Though, he really was worried if he was going to be able to sleep at all that night. Although, maybe he was too tired by everything that had happened that he could at least catch some rest. Aizik really didn't have time to check on him though, which was probably a good thing since that would probably only make things worse. Who could fall asleep when someone was watching them? No, the magician let the man rest all alone in his room while he went to work on the things he needed to do.

He started gathering vital things from the other bedroom, things like papers, parchment fragments and a book. He returned to the kitchen with everything he gathered and lay it all out on the kitchen table before him. He wasn't sure how to order them right now since he really wasn't sure where to start or if everything he had gathered actually connected to each other. That was pretty much what he had to do. He had to find the connection between everything that was inside the room before he could move any further with what he had to do. There probably was no surprise that Aizik himself wasn't responsible for the mess in the other room. Even so, he was still responsible for cleaning it up and he began with the items on the table.

Aizik took a quick look at everything at the table, getting a vast idea on where to start and figuring out exactly where he had finished things last night. If he remembered where he left off, then he would remember where to begin next, but truth be told, he was a little distracted by the cute man in his bed. He could hear him tossing and turning in there, struggling to fall asleep, but he really couldn't do anything to make him feel better.... OK, perhaps that wasn't true since he could tire him out some more and actually grant his wish of sleeping next to him, but no. He wasn't going to do that. He had things to read first. So he picked up the one book he had brought with him and sat down on his chair once again and started looking through it.

The book contained various stories about the history of their world. Everything had been hand written and reading that familiar handwriting had been hard at first. Although, now Aizik had gotten used to it and he had been too determined to continue the struggle to leave everything be. Hard to tell while the room was a mess, but it really was true. Reading about the history of everything would help him in the greater goal after all. Though, it wasn't just facts that had been scribbled down into the book. Even fairy tails and children's stories had been written down, everything Aizik had been taught as a child was written in there and it was a hard read for a lot of reasons. The handwriting was one thing... the memories of his childhood were another. It didn't take long for him to close the book and put it aside to read something else.

Aizik continued like that for a while, looking through different things, only getting up to oversee his herbs which he had forgotten about since he rescued Luca from the trolls, but then returning again to the whole thing over. It wasn't until a couple of hours later that he finally started to feel like he couldn't read another word more. His eyes was starting to become sore and his whole body was screaming at him to go to sleep. He sat back at the chair, struggling to keep his thoughts alive and well, really refusing to listen to his body and go to sleep, but sooner or later he wouldn't have the energy to keep himself awake at this point. And with that, Aizik slowly started to drift into dreamland and he fell asleep sitting up in the chair in the kitchen.

Aizik didn't really sleep well. Ever since he was little he had trouble sleeping and if you knew why, you really couldn't blame him. He only managed to catch some sleep for about two or best case scenario, three hours a night. For that, he had to really exhaust his body at first since if he wasn't so tired that he barely could keep his eyes open, he couldn't sleep. Perhaps it was lucky for him that so much had happened that day since if it hadn't, he most likely wouldn't be sleeping in the chair right now. However, it was pretty bad news for Luca.

Someone had been watching them while both of them were sleeping. A figure was staying back while his red eyes kept observing the two sleeping men in the cave. Didn't really want to interrupt them, didn't really need to seeing as one of them was starting to wake up. He silently watched the other put on his clothes and fix his hair before finally making his way out of the room. That was the figures cue to walk up and break the silence.

"He's asleep. I wouldn't interrupt him if I were you since that really doesn't happen often."

If you looked around you probably would've expected someone in human form that had just spoken those words, but if you only looked for that you would've missed the red fox that had stepped forward behind the human. He looked up at the other with his red eyes while he was debating whether or not he should eat this person.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sathenus

• Alichino

Rubbing his eyes as he entered the kitchen he had just let his eyes land on Aizik when a voice seemed to come from nowhere telling him the man was asleep and that he shouldn’t interrupt him. Glancing around he didn’t notice anyone, a frown crossing his face as he scanned the area again. It was then his eyes caught the animal in the room, but that was nonsense. Animals couldn’t talk, though Luca was positive that the fox had not been in here earlier. Could animals like this enter the barrier that was the entrance to the magician’s home? He wasn’t sure, but the fox still did not explain the voice that he had just heard, unless of course he was going crazy. That didn’t seem to farfetched at this point considering everything he had been through. Though he had woken up thinking this was all just some bad dream what if it was a dream within a dream? That’d be something for sure.

Now that his eyes were on the animal though he looked it over more closely, realizing at this point that the animal had red eyes. ’I’m no fox expert or anything but… I am sure red eyes aren’t normal…’ Luca thought to himself feeling himself inwardly flinch at the idea. Great. It would be his luck that he would go to bed and wake up to have some sort of wild animal in the house that was who knew how dangerous and here he was doing nothing but standing there like an idiot. What was he supposed to do though? Talk to it? Was it even the thing that had talked to him a moment ago? Feeling like an idiot he decided to at least give it a shot. Worse come to worse and he’d just make a fool of himself. It wouldn’t be the first or last time he had ever done that.

“You’re… a fox…” He mumbled taking a small hesitant step closer to the creature. “I’m sure you weren’t here earlier… where did you come from?” Okay, he felt like a complete idiot right now. For one he was talking to an animal, something he still wasn’t sure about and for two he was staring at said creature as if he truly expected it to talk back. After a moment he turned his gaze back to the sleeping form of Aizik a frown crossing his face, “I really hadn’t wanted to keep him from his bed.” This time he was talking more to himself then he was anyone or anything else. He felt guilty, having slept in the man’s bed while he had fallen asleep in a chair at the table. Luca then noticed that the table was filled with papers and his curiosity grew tremendously. ’I really shouldn’t snoop though. I wouldn’t want someone to do that to me if they were a guest in my home.’ Luca’s brain chastised him for even considering taking a closer look at the papers.

While Luca was contemplating all of this he had practically turned his back to the creature again. A move that he wasn’t completely aware of doing until he realized that he remembered that he wasn’t alone in the room. Granted sleeping or not Aizik still counted, but that wasn’t what he had meant either. At this point his eyes flickered back to the fox, having to once more turn his body to see the creature that had come up behind him. Where the hell had it even come from? If it was coming up from behind him then where was it hiding? How long had it even been in here? A sudden nervousness overtook Luca as he shifted from one foot to another his fight or flight response seeming to sense the danger that he couldn’t quite see.

Even back home foxes were not safe, but they never made him feel this nervous before either. He had never felt this impending sense of being prey until now. It was as if the animal was literally sizing him up seeing if this was a good move. Not remotely being used to being watched with such hungry eyes he took a step away from the fox this time. When he spoke again his voice shook a little and it was once more mumbled more to himself, “What a way to go… narrowly survive trolls just to be killed by a fox.” It really did seem pathetic if he was being completely honest. Then again, he wasn’t sure if that was the creature’s intention or if he was reading more into the look he was getting from it. Still, he felt uneasy and that made him even more sure that this fox did not have good intentions.

At this point he glanced around quickly as if he might need an escape route. But he knew one thing for sure, he would not survive beyond this tree, if he was to someone run and make it outside he wouldn’t survive out there. He had no way of defending himself there, just like he had no way of defending himself here. It seemed almost as if he just couldn’t win and that this world truly was out to see the death of him. ’That’s just my luck. Of all the magical worlds I could get randomly sucked into it had to be the one where everything can literally kill me.’ He groaned. That truly did seem like his luck and it didn’t improve his situation any. There was a part of him that hoped maybe Aizik wasn’t really sleeping and that he would wake up and Luca would learn that the fox was like his pet or something. Did people here even have pets? He wasn’t sure but it seemed like a much better outcome than what was currently on the table.

The fox tilted his head as he watched the person turn around and look around him, obviously expecting someone else when he heard someone speak. It was both amusing and annoying to watch him trying to figure out who had actually told him to not disturb the sleeping man. Even when he looked right at him he didn't seem like he could believe that the fox had just talked to him. How hard was it? There wasn't anyone else who could've spoken to him, it wasn't like he truly could believe that Aizik had talked to him in his sleep right? Still it took the man a few minutes to figure out that the animal in front of him could actually talk and when he finally realized it, he seemed to feel the need to point out the obvious. You're a fox.

"I am? Huh. In all my years I've never realized that I was a fox. I thought you looked different from this view."

He said sarcastically before giving away a sigh. The fox wasn't speaking telepathically either. His mouth literally moved when he was talking, moving his lips to form all necessary vowels and talk just like a human would. His voice was raspy however, as if he was growling with every word he was saying.

He was surprised to see that the man dared to take a step closer to him even with the look he was giving him. Perhaps he did know a little bit of the animals in this world, despite not knowing that they could talk. When being asked about where he had come from the corner of his mouth was moving and despite being a fox, you could clearly see the smirk he was giving the other. He actually did manage a lot of the facial expressions a human would, really establishing the difference between the foxes in this world and in the other.

"Where do you think I came from? If I bluntly came out and told you, that would ruin the fun of trying to find out."

The fox said before he observed the other for a moment. At first glance, he didn't appear to be anything special which was probably the reason he was here. He could always trust Aizik to give him a meal whenever he needed one since he always hung around people that were weak, always trying to save them, but he couldn't. He couldn't save them from the sly fox who always found a way to get into his place.

He licked his lips for a moment and felt himself rather lucky that the man actually turned away from him. How dumb was he to leave his guard down from a fox? Granted, he probably had something to defend himself with, being weak did not mean he didn't have some magical ability, so when the fox decided to approach him he still was cautious around him. He slowly crept up beside him, stretching his entire body to be able to sniff his leg. He really did smell delicious. The bath he had taken yesterday probably helped with that. He licked his lips again and was about to open his mouth when the man finally realized his mistake and took a step back. The fox looked up at him and chuckled a little when he saw those nervous eyes looking down at him. Good boy, keep fearing me.

His big ears picked up on the mumble he said to himself and he managed to pick up vital information just from that one sentence. He didn't need to ask him where he had come from, like he said it was much more fun to try and guess it than being told since the look on everyone's faces was hilarious when you managed to guess right. Let's see if the fox could do a good job of it this time like he usually did. Before he began to lay his detective work out there he jumped up on a nearby shelf just so he could be on the same level as the other, wasn't really a huge fan when others looked down on him.

"I don't think I need to ask you where you came from. Knowing how things work here, I can pretty much guess that you were in trouble and the man sleeping over there saved you. You mentioned something about trolls? So, what do you think? Do you regret being saved or are you feeling yourself lucky that you're still here?"

Luca couldn’t help but give the fox a somewhat annoyed look when it decided to be sarcastic about the fact that it was indeed a fox. There was a part of him that thought about getting snappy for a moment but there really wasn’t any point. It was after all a fox. He was rather fascinated when the creature managed to actually smirk, that seemed like something no animal should be capable of. Then again, Luca felt like a smirk perfectly suited the fox, as it would any fox. “I’m not one for guessing games.” Luca replied to the animal. He was not about to guess where the fox had come from, he’d be at it for hours before he’d get it right and that was if he was lucky. His ability to play such games was almost nonexistent, so he was not about to humor the creature by giving it a shot.

Noticing that the creature had gotten closer to him and sniffed him made Luca happy that he had stepped back when he had; there was something in the way the fox had looked that told him the animal had probably been about to bite him. He didn’t miss the way the fox chuckled before it was it was in motion, jumping up onto a shelf and putting itself at eye level with him. Luca had to admit he liked the fox much better when it was actually on the floor, at least knowing he was bigger than the animal made him feel a little better about the way it kept staring at him. With it much closer to his face now that it was on the shelf he felt his uneasiness towards the animal grow.

A frown crossed his face when the fox spoke again his eyes darting towards the sleeping figure. Did Aizik make it a habit to save people like him? Finding people who were in trouble and saving them since he knew they couldn’t escape it on their own? That thought was quite depressing. He didn’t want to be just another person that the magician had saved. But with the way the animal had spoken it seemed as if that really was the case. “I don’t regret it, but I’m not entirely sure I’d say I am feeling lucky either, considering you’re here.” Luca replied his eyes locking once more on the fox.

He didn’t remotely regret that Aizik had saved him, but he wasn’t really feeling lucky right now either. Luca wasn’t really sure how to feel at this point. He knew very well what the fox was up to, especially seeing the way it kept looking at him and having noticed it had licked it’s lips at one point. It made his skin crawl and hair stand on end. Luca wouldn’t say he was the unluckiest person ever, but right now he wasn’t feeling very lucky. How is it he could narrowly survive trolls, get saved by an attractive guy who apparently rescued weak people often, just to come face to face with a fox that apparently liked to eat people? It all seemed rather… unrealistic. His head was starting to hurt as he struggled to make sense of everything. This was all just a nightmare really, the only good thing about this whole experience was meeting Aizik and even that was questionable. It had brought out a side of him that hadn’t been in play for quite some time. It wasn’t like him to beg and pout like he had last night, but he couldn’t help but want to be close to the magician.

Even now as he spared another glance at the sleeping figure he wanted to be closer to the man. But he didn’t want to turn his back on the fox either. He had done that once and the animal had taken advantage of that to move closer to him. Something that he was not about to forget. Something about the fox seemed off, color of the eyes aside and ignoring the fact that it can talk and was quite intelligent. There was something else about it that was screaming at him to put more distance between them. That in mind he did take a few more steps away before he spoke again this time trying to figure out what exactly the creature wanted and why it was here.

“The way you talk makes it sound like you come here often. Isn’t it a little strange for a fox to rely on someone else for food? Not to mention hunting things so much bigger than yourself? Aren’t you capable of finding food for yourself?” Okay, so maybe he took a bit more of an insulting turn. He wasn’t intentionally trying to insult the fox if the animal would even take it that way. He was just trying to understand things better. What would make a fox hunt here? He could tell by what the animal had said that he was not the only person Aizik had brought home that the fox had ‘taken an interest in’ and that unnerved him even more. How many others had been saved by Aizik just to fall prey to the fox? Was that the point? Did they plan things like this?

All of the questions that were popping up made his head ache more than he wanted to admit as he struggled to get ahold of what was actually happening here. He really did feel like prey, even if he was bigger than the fox he had a feeling he was weak in comparison to the creature.

Watching the other dance around him like a mouse that tried to avoid a cat amused the predator more than he would admit. Just seeing him trying to figure out his next move and seeing how his uneasiness rise the closer he got to him. The fox loved this part, he liked to play around with his prey, almost as much as he liked eating it. Which was one of the reasons he hadn't just attacked the other while he had the chance. Also, why deny an amusing conversation with someone new while he had the chance?

When he had asked the question if the boy had felt lucky to be saved he had expected him to say something along the line with 'not really' like everyone else had. Instead he gave him a little more detailed answer, explaining to him that yes, he had felt lucky, until he had met the fox.

"Oh? Did I spoil the fun? Such a small creature like me shouldn't have such a big impact on your luck, should I?"

The fox asked and kept looking at the other with those hungry red eyes. Discreetly the fox adjusted his standing while he was on the shelf, getting himself ready to pounce on the other while the magician was still sleeping, but he waited just for a little moment longer. Just a moment and he was glad that he did since the next reaction out of him was truly amusing. He could see how his own words were settling with the other, he could see how the other was starting to question the magician and his intentions. Making everything just a tad more interesting.

However, he hadn't anticipated the other starting to question the fox's intentions in that insulting matter. He truly was proving himself to be braver than what the fox originally thought, seeing as how he could stomach such insulting words to someone who was staring at them with such a look. Couldn't he see how intimidating he was?

"Don't think insulting me would get you somewhere in this world, kid. Sure, perhaps it would be better to hunt food for myself, but.. why should I when I can get someone to do the dirty work for me? At least I'm intelligent enough to know who I can take advantage of instead of risking my own life for a bite."

The fox said as he smiled at the other, looking him over from head to toe and then back at his face again as he thought of something that would probably please the other. Seeing as how he had just insulted his hunting skills, then perhaps he would give him a small demonstration?

"But, if it would please you that I took the matter into my own paws, then... Perhaps I should indulge you in a little old fashion hunt!"

He almost roared the last part before he jumped off the shelf and was lounging straight for the other person with his teeth and claws bared. However, right before he was going to put his paws on the other a shadow emerged from the floor and wrapped around the fox's body before it became solid, like the fox had just gotten stuck inside a wall. Surprised by the sudden shadow he paused for a moment before he tried to wriggle his way free, his paws and head struggling to get free from the shadows grip. Behind them, Aizik gave away a grunt and a sigh as he was pretty annoyed with the way he had just woken up.

"You're always too loud.."

He mumbled as he rubbed his eyes awake before he got up from the chair to walk up to them and putting an arm around Luca. Aizik couldn't say he hadn't noticed his uneasiness, even if he had just now woken up and only seen him from the back, he pretty much could tell that he was nervous and he wanted to at least try and calm him down a little with that. The fox gave the other an amusing smile as he stopped trying to wriggle his way out of the shadow, knowing full well that would never work.

"Aizik! Good morning! Hope you slept well. Now that you're up can you fix my breakfast for me?"

Shooting the nuisance a glare before he turned his attention towards Luca, wanting to make sure that he hadn't been injured or anything like that.

"Are you OK?"

"Sure he's OK, but I'm not. I'm starving. I haven't eaten in days and I just know that if I'm not eating anything now I will die!"

Aizik shot the fox a second glare and considered to make a muzzle on him, but he couldn't see that working out so well since the fox would probably insist of talking and interrupting them. So for now he at least put the fox down on the floor, but still held on to him with the shadows, not really trusting him to roam around freely at the moment.

"Don't mind him. He a scavenger and he can't really hurt you.... Not physically at least. The thing is around here, if you talk big, you're mostly harmless."

Aizik said and gave Luca a reassuring smile before he turned to clean up the kitchen table, once again ignoring the fox's protests of calling him harmless.

"I suppose not." Luca admitted. Despite how unlucky he was feeling he knew the fox was right. The small creature shouldn't have such an impact on his luck. But why did he feel like the creature did? That was something he really couldn't answer and the longer he watched the fox the more unlucky he was feeling. Luca had to admit he was shocked when the fox spoke again this time telling him that maybe he should indulge him in an old fashion hunt. "I'm not the right prey for an old fashioned hunt." Luca objected as if there was really anything to argue about right now. Noticeably flinching when the creature lunged for him, he expected to feel it's teeth sinking into him but that never happened. Glancing over the arm he had lifted in a feeble attempt to defend himself he saw that the small creature was currently being held by shadows and seemed to be struggling to get free.

Just then he heard a voice that he never thought he'd be so happy to hear, not like he was ever unhappy to hear it either. A moment later he felt an arm wrap around him, instantly he felt his body relax as if that was really all it took to ease him. Glancing up at Aizik he watched the man noticing how he shot a glare at the fox before speaking to him. Before he could even answer the fox did, earning the squirming creature yet another glare. "Ah... yeah I'm okay." He replied as his eyes moved back to the creature as well. He still didn't know who the fox was or why it was even there, but he had a feeling at this point that he truly didn't want to know either. Watching the shadows lower the fox to the floor though they still held onto the creature he soon turned his gaze back to the other man. "Mostly?" Luca questioned having caught onto that word immediately out of everything else that Aizik had said.

Even if the fox was mostly harmless, it still meant that it could harm him somehow. That still wasn't a pleasing thought but at least it did make him think a little more about the foxes back home. "Do you always have talking animals in your home?" He finally asked feeling like this needed to be asked at this point. Never in his life had he thought about asking it before, but now that he had come face to face with one that had for one reason or another wanted to eat him then he felt it was necessary. Especially if he didn't know how long he was going to be here for. It meant that he had to learn what to expect living with Aizik day to day, either until he got home or until his luck ran out. The magician had just protected him from the fox after all, so Luca was feeling rather lucky again.

Watching the man as he cleaned up the table he wondered what he had even been working on. At the same time, he figured if he asked that he would be given another vague response. If it was something he needed to know he was sure that Aizik would tell him what it was. Until then he would just have to go along with it and squash any curiosity that tried to overtake him. Luca was after all known for being a bit to curious, so it was best for everyone if he tried to exercise his restraint and refrain from asking about the papers. As Aizik was cleaning up he looked back to the fox another questioning coming to mind, "Is the fox a permanent resident?" This seemed more important to him than if there was another talking animal that lived here. The reason behind it being he still didn't like the hungry look the creature had given him or the fact that it had even tried to attack him.

However, if the animal was an actual resident of the home then he knew he'd have to accept that and find a way to coexist with it. They obviously knew each other and had a history, but considering the fact that the fox could speak and quite well he was sure it wasn't a pet. He wasn't even sure if people here had pets. Was that a common thing? If not he knew it should be. But then again who was he to say what should and should not be in a world dominated by magic?

Aizik was surprised when Luca reacted to the word 'mostly'. Couldn't he just accept that the fox was harmless, couldn't he just be glad over that without having the magician explain to him what the fox could actually do to him. It was nothing serious anyway, nothing that involved eating or even biting, nothing the fox had made the man believe. The only harm he could do was with his words and there was a million ways to go about with that. Either he could annoy the crap out of you, like he always seem to do, or he could say something that will hurt your feeling, or even tell someone else to kill him. Though, Aizik didn't really want to say all of that now. Not in front of the nuisance since he didn't want to admit that there were ways he could hurt him.

"He won't eat you. He only eats things that are already dead. He only does what he does so he won't get killed himself. If you stay here long enough you'll see a lot of it."

He said, indicating that there will be others that would act as if they were about to kill you, but never did. Seeing as how everything wanted you dead, if you really couldn't do anything yourself you had to act the part. Anything that was weak and small had to act big and powerful, otherwise they wouldn't be able to survive. Luckily for the fox he had also found another way he could survive in this world.

When Luca asked if he always had talking animals in his home Aizik hesitated for a moment. He didn't know how to answer that. No, he usually didn't have talking animals in his home, and well, there was just this fox that managed to sneak into his home so, not animals... just a fox, but he wasn't always here. If he had been Luca would've noticed him earlier since he really wasn't that discreet. Again, it was a longer conversation that Aizik didn't want to take in front of the fox so just for now Luca had to do without an answer while the magician put all the papers and books in the other room where he had found them.

When he came back, Luca had another question on his mind that was a little easier to reply to and it also helped with one of the problems he had with answering the other one. Was the fox a permanent resident? With that Aizik had to frown and show how annoyed that thought made him.

"I certainly hope not. I've been trying to throw him out, but he keeps coming back."

Aizik said as he glanced at the fox that were still struggling to get out of the shadow that was binding him to the floor. However, once he heard that he stopped struggling just to look up at the magician, giving a glaring look back at him for once.

"Throw me out? You need me, magician."

He said while the smirk returned to his face which in turn annoyed Aizik. This is what they did, just continued to play cat and mouse with each other, ending up annoying each other. They probably looked like little children who couldn't get along, but in the end the playground wasn't big enough for them to argue all the time. Which was why they had to find a way to co-exist... The fox was right, Aizik did need him.

"You have the information I asked for then?"

The smirk on the fox's face didn't waver, in fact it became even more confident since he really knew how to push Aizik's buttons... and why miss the opportunity to take advantage of his kindness?

"I don't know. I'm to hungry to remember."

Aizik got even more angry by the minute and for a moment it felt like everything around him got darker. His tattoo seemed to be moving slightly, stretching out for just a second and the shadow around the fox tightened its grip. The fox looked at Aizik for a moment, smirk vanished from his face just to be replaced by fear. Although, Aizik managed to calm himself down rather quickly and the room seemed to brighten up again at the same time as his tattoo settled on his face once more and the shadow vanished from the fox. Aizik took a deep, calming breath before he turned towards Luca.

"Would you like to eat something too then?"

He asked before he started to walk towards the kitchen and opened a fridge in order to take some meat out. The fox followed Aizik with his gaze for a moment, a look of concerned lingered on the man before he glanced at Luca. Wondering if he really understood what had just happened, but probably not. Since Aizik didn't want to talk about it, the fox followed his example and instead walked up to the kitchen to jump up on the kitchen counter and watch as Aizik prepared the breakfast.

"So.. Who's the new kid?"

The fox asked as he looked at Luca with an intriguing smile. He just felt a sudden urge to ask since he felt it was expected out of him, besides, he wasn't just curious about the answer, he was more curious about how Aizik would answer it.

"None of your business."

As he expected, he didn't answer it at all.

"Oh, so you plan on shielding him from the world then? We all know how that will play out, won't we?"

"I wasn't... This one doesn't concern you."

Aizik interrupted himself since he was about to say that he wasn't going to shield Luca from the world, but considering they hadn't quite figured out what they wanted to do, he couldn't just decide it to get to the fox. He had to talk about these things with him first before he said anything to anyone else. That's why he was trying to tell the fox that he had nothing to do with it. It was between him and the human. Although, an excuse like that didn't very much fly over an intelligent fox.

"But he does, doesn't he. I can see it in your eyes. You're still as easy to read as ever, you want me to look up something for you."

Aizik didn't want to answer that question yet so instead he turned his attention to the food. The fox was right. He did want to ask him for information concerning Luca.

Watching Aizik as the man spoke he felt his fears being eased even more hearing that despite the look the fox had given him that it either wasn’t capable of or just really wouldn’t eat him. Luca could feel himself being more comfortable with the small animal’s presence with that little bit of knowledge. A smile crossed his face for the first time since he woke up that morning hearing that the magician had tried to throw the fox out, but it somehow kept coming back. Hearing the small animal’s reply made him laugh as he shook his head. If the fox had been human, he would have thought they sounded like a married couple. Arguing in such a manner.

The question aimed towards him brought Luca out of his thoughts about how amusing it was to watch the two argue when he was asked if he would also like something to eat. “Yes please.” He replied a bit happy about the idea of food now that it was an option. He had to admit though, he hadn’t expected Aizik to so easily give in to feeding the fox, but the two had mentioned something about information. So maybe the fox knew something that the magician wanted to know. It was the only conclusion he could come to. Deciding suddenly that he didn’t want to just sit there and look out of place he settled himself in one of the chairs at the table again. Watching the two when suddenly the question of him was brought up, but what caught his attention was hearing how the fox said that they knew how shielding him from the world would play out.

For a moment he felt his blood run cold, as if the small animal had just made a comment about the fate that it seemed to know awaited him if he stayed in this world. It just made it even more apparent to Luca that he desperately needed to find a way home, there was no way he was going to find survive in this world. He couldn’t possibly survive in a world that was not meant for him to begin with. Frowning he looked down at his hands, eyes staring at them as he heard the two continue to speak though he paid very little attention to either of them anymore.

While he sat there almost completely deaf to the rest of the world around him, he tried to think back to the day before back in the book store where everything went so horribly wrong. As much as Luca did not regret meeting Aizik and having the handsome magician in his life suddenly, he did want to go home and found nothing in this world work changing that. Aizik would only be dragged down if he was to stay, so he had to find a way to get back. Letting his eyes drift shut he brought that book back to the forefront of his mind, the way it looked. The binding and the fact that it was leather bound, though such books were common in the small and cluttered shop he worked in, there was more about this one that made it stand out. It had no clasp to keep it closed, odd for a book of its caliber. The pages were yellowed, obviously with age, and of a thick paper though not quite parchment. The more he focused on this book the more clearly, he could see it in his mind’s eye.

Suddenly his eyes snapped open and to Aizik, almost as if current of electricity had surged through him and forced him back to the present. Why his eyes had immediately gone to the magician he was not entirely sure. Something brought him here, and he had a feeling that it had taken more than the book to do so. But what and why? Those were the questions he needed to answer if he had any chance of finding his way back home. Groaning as he rested back in the chair he let his head tilt back eyes now on the ceiling of the building. At least he had uncovered more details about the book he had overlooked originally, details he knew from handling it, even if only for a few brief moments. Luca knew every book in that shop, what shelf it was on, where on that shelf and how long it had been in stock for.

His memory was fantastic, but it often took him closing his eyes and recounting events to regain all the detail. That was one reason why he had done so now. He needed to know all about that book as he could, but the image of it was still fresh in his mind as he spoke interrupting the conversation of the other two in the room. “Um… forgive me for interrupting, but… Aizik? Do you by any chance of a piece of paper and something to write with?” While the image was still fresh Luca wanted to make a quick sketch of the cover of the book, he hoped that by doing so he could see if Aizik had ever recalled anything similar. He knew the magician said there were no more traces of symbol magic in this world, but surely there had to be references to them somewhere. Maybe hidden or well locked up, but he was sure not every record of their existence was gone.

Hell, even if there was just another sketch of something similar, that would be helpful to him as well. Luca couldn’t after all expect Aizik to do all of the work when it came to helping him find his way back home. He had to pull his own weight, had to help in any way that he could. He refused to feel even more useless than he already did. If he couldn’t defend himself in this world then the least he could do was some research of his own.

Aizik didn't really want to talk to the fox at the moment, not before he had talked to Luca about what they were going to do about his situation. He knew they had to get him home, but how they were going to do that and what they were going to do before they found that out... These were things he needed to talk to the other with and he had planned to do so when both of them awoke and had eaten breakfast. However, nothing really turned out like you wanted it since the fox had appeared out of nowhere and ruined their special time together. Now it was he that asked the questions and demanded an answer... Ok, perhaps not demanded since he was a fox and couldn't really demand the magician to do anything, but still. Aizik just wished the fox could leave them alone for the moment, but he knew it wasn't going to be that easy to get rid of him. Especially when he found something to amuse himself with.

While Aizik cooked their breakfast, the fox kept his eyes on Luca. Watching him as he went inside of his mind palace and concentrated on memorizing the book. Although the fox didn't know that was what he was doing, he just saw him closing his eyes and concentrating which for him kind of looked like the man was about to crack or something.

”How long do you even expect him to survive in this world? Oh, wait, let me guess.. He’s special, he won’t be like the others.”

The fox said as he kept watch over the other. He pretty much knew what Aizik was going to answer since he had heard a million times before. The magician knew he had said that line quite often, with every victim he had tried to save, but... This time really was different since this was Luca they were talking about.

“He is special.”

The fox made a sound that indicated how disgusted that line made him. He really didn't believe it and Aizik couldn't blame him. This wasn't the first time Aizik had brought someone home like this and hoped to make a difference in their life, but perhaps that was the reason too. This wasn't his first time so maybe he could take care of Luca? There was also the fact that he hadn't grown up with how this world worked that made him quite hopeful for his future.

“He’s not from here.”

That made the fox turned to him instead of watching the intruder. He knew that he didn't just mean the forest or the city where the usual victims came from. If he did, he would've expressed it differently and perhaps given him a little more detail of where he actually came from, but as it was, the fox could tell that Aizik had no clue where he came from. That made it all even more interesting.

“What do you mean?”

Aizik wasn't sure of how to express it to the fox. Sure he could just flat out say that he was from another dimension, but if he did, the fox wouldn't believe him and he would dismiss it calling him crazy. Even if he did tell him about Luca's glasses the fox would find a perfectly logical reason for why they haven't seen them in this world yet. He wasn't as gullible as Aizik was who wanted to believe there was something else out there. He dealt with information from all over this world and he wouldn't easily be persuade. However, that was also the reason Aizik couldn't just send him away at the moment. There was something he needed from him after all.

“What do you know about other dimensions.”

Apparently the fox didn't connect immediately what Aizik was saying. He couldn't comprehend the fact that Luca could come from another dimension. They were just theories after all, nothing that could really happen.

“Rumours. Fairy tales. They don’t exist.”

“Apparently they do.”

Aizik said as he finished preparing the food and he took a look at Luca who still sat in his own mind trying to figure something out. The fox followed his gaze, looking from Luca then back to Aizik and then back again. Trying to understand what it was the magician was actually trying to say him.

“Hold on, you’re not telling me that you believe he came from another dimension? That’s impossible.”

That was exactly what Aizik had been thinking before. Other dimensions couldn't exist, they were just wishful thinking among his people. No one had ever come across something like that before and being as magical and powerful as they were they figured they would've come across it at some point. Other dimensions did not and could not exist... and yet..

“And yet, here he is.”

Aizik said as he started to pour up the food on a plate. It looked to be something similar to the fact of bird wings. He had fried them in a pan together with some spices that he picked from his plants on the wall. They looked to be juicy, rather than just fat and unhealthy and they would taste something similar to chicken. He brought out a small bowl that he put some wings into it for the fox to eat. In the meanwhile the fox still tried to comprehend what Aizik had just told him.

“Aizik, you can’t be serious, he must be-“

They both got interrupted by Luca who suddenly decided to talk to them. Both Aizik and the fox turned to him as he first apologized for interrupting and then asked for something the magician hadn't expected him to. A piece of paper to write on? What would he want with that? Although, considering he had thought long and hard about something, perhaps he had something important on his mind that he needed to get down on paper. Aizik nodded to his request before he put down the bowl of food on the floor and the plate on the table with Luca and then he continued towards the cluttered room.

The fox glanced at Luca for a moment, tilting his head as he wondered what he was up to before he jumped down on the floor to eat a few wings just to silence his hunger. Then his attention returned to the man and he tried to figure what he was up to and also tried to see if he really believed that he came from another dimension. What made Aizik so sure he wasn't from this world?

“Sorry, for trying to eat you back there. But Aizik is right. I can’t stomach fresh meat. Don’t let anyone know about it, though. Everyone here is struggling to survive. Not just you.”

The fox said, thinking that they would have some kind of understanding after this. The man wouldn't tell anyone that he was weak, while he in turn wouldn't tell anyone that the man was weak. He gave him a small smile before he returned to his food and swallowed every piece of it. It took a moment for Aizik to return with a clean piece of paper since much of what he had was already in use. He brought with him something to write with too, something that looked similar to an old ink pen and also a small jar of ink. He placed it all in front of Luca before he sat down on the other chair by the table.

"Did you figure something out?"

He asked as he watched what Luca did on the piece of parchment he had brought him.

Glancing towards the fox as it spoke Luca just watched it for a moment before he shrugged, “It’s okay. I understand.” He replied giving the small animal a smile. He didn’t mind that the fox had tried to eat him anymore, it had been made clear that he couldn’t. Though the apology was greatly appreciated, he didn’t understand why the fox had to make the last comment though. Did the animal really think that he thought it was just him trying to survive in this world? That was absurd. Luca knew others were also trying to survive, the difference was the fact that he was struggling to survive in a world that wasn’t his own. He knew nothing about what waited out there for him other than the trolls, and well now the fox. He no longer feared the fox though.

He turned when he heard Aizik speak and took the paper and the object to write with. Looking over the object he spoke more to himself and in a murmured voice, “Interesting… no one back home has used anything like this in hundreds of years.” He murmured. After a moment he shook his head before focusing back on what was at hand. Instantly Luca started to draw the cover of the book. Though his memory was better than average he wouldn’t say it was identic. There were still things he would forget or things that he wouldn’t quite catch, but for the most part it was solid.

Luca paused repeatedly as he sketched, looking to ensure that the books cover was coming to life exactly how he knew it looked. The symbols and all. When he was finished and happy with the way it looked knowing that it wasn’t missing anything. At this point he turned the paper around so it faced the magician and pushed it across the table to him. “This is the cover of the book. I remember it perfectly. I know every book in that store, what shelf it is on and where on that shelf it is resting. The difference of this one was the odd symbols not just on the cover but also inside of it. Despite being bound in leather there was no clasp to keep the book shut like most books that are similar. Oddly, the paper was thick, thicker than regular paper but not quite thick enough to be parchment.” He said giving the man the information he remembered about the book.

Glancing down at his drawing he rested back in his chair, finally grabbing one of the wings from the plate that had been put in front of him and taking a bite. It tasted delicious and so much like chicken that he was quite happy with it. After finishing one he grabbed another, eating a few before he spoke again. “A clasp would have stopped the book from opening when I had dropped it, so I’m not sure if that was the reason behind it not having one, or if it was originally designed to have one but for one reason or another it just never got it.” He commented with a thoughtful look. Was the book designed that way for a reason? So some unsuspecting person would drop the book and read whatever page it fell open to? Or was he thinking too far into things and that it was all coincidental.

Shaking his head, he tried to clear it turning his attention back to Aizik before he glanced towards the fox. Watching the animal as it ate he smiled once more then looked back to the magician. “Have you ever seen anything like it before? Or maybe like a reference to something like it?” He asked despite knowing that symbol magic no longer existed in this world and not being a hundred percent sure about just how long ago it was extinguished he felt like he had to ask. Luca was desperate for answers, and he knew this book was going to be the start of finding some. This book was what brought him here, maybe they could find a similar one that would take him home. Maybe one that was hidden well or forgotten about. He was sure there had to be something similar that could help him get back home.

It was just finding such a thing that would be the problem. He didn’t understand why the book had brought him here, or how the book had even ended up in the shop. Finally, he decided to mention that. “I don’t understand how the book got into that little shop though. The owner is practically ancient, but he never orders books like that. We already have so many old leather-bound books that won’t sell because no one is interested in them. They all want newer books, the books everyone is talking about. Not some old book with strange symbols and absolutely no pages written in a comprehensible language.”

Aizik tilted his head over the comment that no one had used such a pen to write with in years. He couldn't help but to wonder what they used when they were writing. If they didn't use these types of pens then.. what did they use? Aizik's thoughts only went as far as a goose pen or something, but seeing how that would be a downgrade for him he really didn't think they were using that. This was as advanced their culture got without referring to magic so he really couldn't fathom anything beyond that without being given a hint or anything like that. So for now, he didn't say anything about it and just watched Luca while he was sketching up something on the paper.

While he watched the drawing of the book take form he took a few bird wings in his hand and started to eat them. It was interesting to watch the man work on getting his memory visualized and Aizik couldn't help but to feel that this was somehow familiar. He remember watching someone else sitting across from him, just by the seat Luca was sitting on right now, and that person used to sketch up his thoughts as well. All those papers in the other room was not filled by Aizik, he wasn't much for writing and reading and getting information. But.. there had been someone who loved digging into the past and folklore and everything involving this world. Sitting here now, with the fox beside him it all felt strangely familiar.

When Luca was done with the drawing and turned the paper for Aizik to have a look at it, he scanned it, taking in the first impression of it, trying to reach for a memory if he may have seen something similar in this world. Once he couldn't find one, he tried to take in the details of it and especially the symbols he had drawn on there. He dug deeper into his head, trying to find something that indicated that he had seen it before, he went through books upon books, thinking about the description he got from Luca who had been holding it in his hands and actually gotten a 3D version of it. However, he wasn't able to come up with anything. He took a look at the symbol again, trying to remember if he had seen anything similar inside one of the books or parchments they had here, but again he was at a loss. He couldn't recall ever seeing anything like this.

Aizik turned towards the fox who had finished his bowl of bird wings and walked up the table in all his curiosity. He showed the paper to him and held it in front of his eyes hoping that at least one of them had seen something similar to that book. The fox looked at it for a moment before he started to sniff on the paper, probably just an instinct thing that made him sniff everything that contained information. Seeing as how foxes usually didn't use their eyes when they wanted to know something, they used their nose. Once the fox was done taking it all in he gave Aizik a look that asked him what he wanted him to do with it and the magician sighed before asking him.

"Have you seen this before?"

Aizik asked, trying to clarify what he was after and what he wanted the fox to do, but.. apparently he wasn't clear enough about that since the fox seemed to feel like this was the perfect time for a joke.

"Yeah, it looks like a book."

He said, that smirk returning to his face declaring himself as the funniest person that have ever set foot on this earth. Aizik didn't think him as funny at all. He thought of him as annoying and he really was starting to be fed up with this animal. However, he couldn't quite throw him out yet, since he still needed the information out of him and he really wanted to know if he had seen this book or not.

"Have you seen this particular book before? Or perhaps just the symbols?"

The fox looked at Aizik and tilted his head to the side and gave him a 'how dumb are you'-look. Which didn't exactly make Aizik feel any better that the fox was there, just wasting his time.

"Aizik... Do you really believe he comes from another dimension? Do you have proof of that?"

Aizik couldn't help but to be a little surprised by his question about proof. Proof? What about Luca's glasses? What about the comment he had just said about the pen, what about him talking about a bookstore? There couldn't be any other explaination than the one they had been given and it hadn't even been Luca who had suggested the other dimensions, it had been Aizik himself that came to that conclusion.

"Look at him. Look at the symbols he just drew. I haven't seen this before, have you? How can someone just make these things up?"

The fox wouldn't give up on it anyway. He wasn't easy to persuade about things that would appear to be impossible. He needed something more that indicated that this person wasn't in fact from their world. Aizik had been there when Luca had been attacked by the trolls. He had been there when he explained what had happened to him. The fox had not, which was probably why it was harder for him to swallow everything that had been told to him, even if the answer was staring him right in the face.

"Eh, because we have no reference of anything like that? No one around here uses symbol magic anymore, no one knows what it actually looks like since it hasn't been used in centuries. How can we be sure of anything that he tells us because he has no proof of anything of it."

Aizik was about to argue with the fox, saying all those things he was thinking about, but he knew that it wouldn't matter. The fox wouldn't listen to him since his convincing skills were at zero when it came to things that couldn't be explained. Apparently he was too gullible to be trusted, to into the whole idea of new worlds to be counted for when it came to all of this.

There was a disappointed look that crossed his face when he realized that Aizik had never seen anything like the book or the symbols on the cover. He practically gave up as he leaned back in his chair his eyes downcast and a frown on his face, arms crossing over his chest. Even when the paper had been shown to the fox it didn’t raise his hopes that the animal had ever seen it either. Sure enough the fox practically said those very words. Only in a way of questioning him and where he had come from. Rolling his eyes he looked away from the two of them huffing softly, “Do you two have to talk about me like that? I’m sitting right here.” Luca was frustrated, he couldn’t help it. Neither one of them was being helpful, instead they were questioning where he had come from.

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his cellphone, oddly enough he had forgotten he had even had it on him. He wasn’t really surprised to see that he had no cell service, but at least the battery wasn’t dead. It would be murder to try to find an outlet to charge his phone, much less an actual charger because he didn’t have his on him. Despite seeing he didn’t have service he tried to open the map to see if his phone could get any idea of his current location. Even when he didn’t have service back home it still opened up to show that he was at home even if he wasn’t. Now though it was just a black screen with an error message which made him frown again. This was just a disaster, sighing he closed the app and set the device down on the table as if it was nothing. Which it really wasn’t, cellphones were common back home, so it never occurred to him that maybe no one here had one, despite the fact that he had just used a really ancient pen to drawn his picture.

Glancing back towards the other two he spoke, “At least give me the picture back if neither of you know what book it is.” Once he received it he did take a picture of it with his phone to keep a copy that was much harder to destroy. Then he turned back to the two once more. “Look, you guys can believe whatever you want about me. But let’s get a few things straight first okay? I have no idea where the hell this place is, I have never seen a troll in my life, animals shouldn’t talk, it’s not natural much less be capable of almost perfect human expressions.” With that he paused and looked pointedly at the fox as if he was trying to make a point specifically to the animal. Then his eyes went to Aizik and locked on him, despite the magician telling him he shouldn’t let anyone know he didn’t have magic he spoke. “I don’t have magic, I can’t do magic and I wouldn’t even know where to start. I have no idea what is waiting for me outside of this tree and I have a really terrible feeling this is all just a bad dream and I’ll wake up in my bed back home, with a book in my lap and a cup of tea on my nightstand.”

Sighing he rubbed his temples for a moment and shook his head, “Look, Aizik. I appreciate everything you are doing for me and I could never repay you enough for everything you have done but this is all way too much. I don’t know what else to tell you guys. But before either of you begin questioning where I’m from again, could we at least get one thing very clear? Wherever I am from is nowhere near here. We don’t have trolls, magic is a trick played with a deck of cards and not actual magic. Just an illusion to the eye.” With that he stood up and looked over both of them. “I think I’m going to go for a walk. I’ll keep moving and keep my eyes on my surroundings.” He added the last part to Aizik specifically.

He needed to clear his head, he was tired, he was homesick, and he just needed some time to himself. He had to figure out what was going on, but more than anything he needed to get away from the fox and as much as he hated to admit it, Aizik as well. As attractive as he found the magician to be, Luca didn’t know what to make of him. But he did know that he didn’t want to be a burden on anyone, he didn’t want anyone to keep him around because they felt like they had to protect him, and he didn’t want anyone to feel sorry for him. He had left without so much as another word, making his way slowly in an attempt not to trip and fall. He still stumbled occasionally making him curse how clumsy he was but otherwise it was a nice stroll. The sun was coming through the canopy up above making the forest shine with a beauty he honestly never got to see back home.

It was entrancing, so much so that it never occurred to him that he had left his phone back with the others on the table. It wasn’t like it was that big of a deal, with no service it was just a glorified alarm clock. Nothing that really needed to be on his person 24/7 like it was previously. With each step he took he knew he was traveling further and further away from the tree that housed the other two and he knew he was making it harder for himself to find his way back. There was a part of Luca that didn’t care though. Why should he? They seemed to be occupied by other things anyways, they didn’t need him around and he didn’t need to stick close like a lost puppy even if Aizik had said he would be better of sticking close to the magician.

That thought alone was enough to frustrate him as he shook his head, eyes taking in the beauty that surrounded him. It was hard to believe that there were things out here that would want to kill him, especially with how beautiful it looked. Luca figured that was part of the illusion though. Trick you into a false sense of security and peace with the beauty around you, just to end up being the death of you. Rolling his eyes once more he continued moving, not having realize his steps had faltered and he had almost come to a stop. He’d honor what he told Aizik, he’d keep moving and keep his eyes on his surroundings.

Aizik had wanted to be on Luca's side. He wanted to defend him and tell the fox that he was wrong, but.. he didn't know what to say. Also, he didn't really want to defend someone who was actually in the room, who could very well defend themselves and he didn't like how they were talking about Luca while he was there. However, the fox insisted and he knew he had something on his mind. Although, neither of them were prepared for the reaction they got.

Luca was apparently more fed up with the fox than Aizik was, not taking his crap anymore he showed his annoyance, but it wasn't just over the fox. It was Aizik too. The magician had offended him a great deal when he talked about him like he wasn't there, even doubting his reasons for being here, doubting the fact that he didn't come from here. Aizik hadn't mean anything bad about it, but it didn't matter. Luca was fed up with both of them, fed up with this world and everyone involved with it. He had seen it in his eyes when he had taken back the drawing and when he said that this was all too much for him. Aizik hadn't expected him to say anything of this sort, but then again, he probably should have expected it.

When Luca said he was going out for a walk, the magician wanted to stop him, wanted to tell him that it was a dangerous idea, but... He just stood powerless against such a notion. The fear had taken it's toll on him and once again, he couldn't do anything to stop it. The fox however, seemed pleased about it all.

"That didn't take long for him, did it? If he can't handle that, he really isn't capable of surviving in this world. Better he'd be eaten now than dragging you along with him, right?"

Aizik didn't know what to do. He felt that another one had slipped through his fingers. He had failed again. He just wanted to help and he had failed... Now another one was going to die in that forest and there was nothing he could do to stop it. Hell he pretty much ensured it happening. Luca was out there because of him. He just wanted to help.. and he drove him away. Luca..

"If he's not magical then it's just a matter of time before something kills him. Seeing how he stumbled on his way here, he really doesn't stand a chance in this forest, yet alone the city or all the magicians that live there. Perhaps now you'll finally give up on trying to save everyone since they really just run out on you no matter what you... Aizik? Wait, Aizik!"

Aizik hadn't listened to what the fox said. He wasn't just about to give up on Luca just because he had walked out like that. He wasn't going to let someone die just because they were annoyed with him. So before the fox could finish what he was saying he had stormed out of his home to follow wherever Luca was going.

The forest during the day looked to be like any other forest. The greens that were lifted by the light given by the sun seemed to pop from the dark trunks and the clear grass seemed to be soft and inviting. It didn't seem as dangerous during the day as it was during the night. The rocks didn't move since the trolls were asleep at this hour. They really couldn't scare anyone with their clumsy behaviour while the sun was revealing their location. However, there was something that creeped up and made the bones chill. The forest seemed to be whispering. It was almost like the trees was calling for you, calling out your name, but the longer you stayed in sight, the more the forest got to know you and the names they were whispering started to call out for the people you had lost.

Aizik did his best to ignore all those voices that were whispering names he really didn't want to hear and instead he focused on trying to find Luca. He managed to track down his footsteps and followed them, hoping he wouldn't come across him struggling for his life or anything, but if he had kept to his word of keep walking, he should be fine. Although, he was clumsy after all so perhaps he couldn't honor that promise no matter how hard he tried. It didn't take too long for the magician to find him, though and he was relieved to find him in one piece. He wasn't struggling for his life, he wasn't screaming or anything like that. He was simply out for a walk.

Aizik wanted to walk up to him, he wanted to apologize for earlier and he wanted to assure him that he would do everything he could to make him feel better, but he restrained himself from doing all of those things. The man didn't need assurance. He didn't need Aizik to talk to him right now, he had already had enough of that which was why he left in the first place. No, he needed some peace and quiet so that was what Aizik was going to give him. However, he still followed him, even if it was at a distance, just to make sure that nothing was going to happen to him while he was taking a breather.

It was peaceful, the air felt warm and even the soft breeze felt nice. Luca honestly finally felt at peace, like he could just sit down and relax without a care in the world. He had already realized that no trolls were moving around, and it made him wonder if there was anything other than them to fear in the forest. Part of his brain called him and idiot, telling him course there was. That didn't mean he wasn't going to enjoy how peaceful it seemed and not be bothered by what could possibly be waiting for him hidden behind all of the trees. AS he walked he was careful with each step, doing his best not to stumble and trip. Occasionally it still happened anyway, but at least it wasn't quite as often as the night before.

The ground was still uneven, and a slightly raised tree rout or a rock covered in leaves was all it took to make him stumble. At one point he had stepped forward and his foot sank into the ground ending up with him sitting there stunned for a moment. Despite his promise Luca looked down carefully pulling his leg from the hole and groaning as he did so. Once his leg was free he remained sitting there ignoring the slightly pain he now had surging up his leg. He figured he had probably just cut it up a bit, maybe sprained something at the worst. Leaning forward he inspected the hole, no longer caring that he was not still moving. Digging around it a little he uncovered it better a small frown crossing his face. It was a pretty decent sized hole, and it had been deep enough that when he had unknowingly stepped into it his whole leg had gone in.

Luca couldn't quite see how deep it was so he pushed himself up with another groan as he test his leg out. It was definitely injured, but not to the point that it couldn't support him so he didn't mind to much. Being careful to actually go around the hole this time he continued forward. Much slower now that he was hurt. He wasn't aware that when he had left Aizik had followed him or that the man was watching him now as he moved through the trees. All he was doing was regaining himself a little and calming his mind. Making it only a little ways further he sighed glancing around before he decided to sit down and take a break. Doing so allowed him to pull up the leg of his pants and inspect what had been done to it. He could see it was pretty scraped up, and would definitely be bruised by the end of the day.

There was no swelling though and that was a start, his hip ached a little as well but he knew that was from the sudden collision with the ground. Though there were hidden holes back home that someone occasionally stepped in none had ever been deep enough for his whole leg to fall into it and bring him colliding with the earth. Resting back against the tree he let his eyes move up to the canopy of the trees above. It was such a lovely sight in his opinion and he very much enjoyed it.

Despite the promise he had made to Aizik to keep moving he had to rest even if he knew doing so would only hurt him in the long run when he had to get back up. But it was still early in the day so he had no fear of the trolls since he hadn't seen one move near him so far. Figuring they must be sleeping considering how they had acted the night before. Running a hand through his hair he allowed himself to think over all that had happened to him again in such a short period of time. He had been saved by a magician that he had to admit he found attractive, he had been cared for, given a place to stay and that was safe from those in the woods that would otherwise want to kill him. He had been intimidated by a fox, said fox had lunged at him, and said fox also question him and where he was from. That alone was enough to irritate him again and he had to take in a calming breath.

Luca enjoyed being around Aizik, he could find himself hanging out with the man more. It was the fox he had a problem with, and though the magician also seemed to have little patience for the creature it was clear they also helped each other out. He wasn't exactly sure in what way the fox helped Aizik, but he did know the magician fed the small animal. Leaning back against the tree he let his eyes drift shut not really caring anymore. If it was his time then so be it. There wasn't anything he could do about it and he didn't expect anyone to go out of their way to defend him. Deep down Luca knew he wouldn't survive in this world. Even if he stuck to Aizik like a lost puppy he knew that something could happen to end his time here and his time in general.

That wasn't a very pleasing thought but nothing this world gave him was. 'That's not true.' His brain reminded him flashing a quick picture of Aizik before his closed eyes. The man was a very pleasing thought, and it caused a small smile to cross his face as his eyes fluttered open and landed once more on the leaves above. How could he be so attached to someone already? He didn't understand. But one thing that Luca did know was he wanted to be there for the magician. Even if he knew that he wasn't much in the form of help he wanted to do what he could. 'That and I still need to repay him for all of his kindness.' He reminded himself.

With that on his mind Luca began to build up the strength to get back up and head back in the direction he had come from. But after glancing around he realized he didn't know what direction that was in. He had no landmarks to help him find his way back. It meant that he really was lost, with that in mind he leaned forward away from the tree allowing his eyes to once more scan the area as if expecting something to show him what direction he was supposed to go in to get back to the magician's home.

Aizik didn't want to impose on Luca's own time. He did understand that every guy probably needed it and since his underground home was small, there wasn't really much space to have your own time at. Even if you did find the space, everything was just tunnels without any type of door... Besides, it seemed like Luca needed to get a taste of the fresh air, not to mention a little light into his life right now. The world wasn't cheap with bringing it to him since the sun was shining on him. In this light, he looked really good. Peaceful. Aizik had been attracted to his clumsiness and that innocent way he had about him, but seeing him like this suited him too... And he could only accomplish that when he fled from Aizik himself.

Luca kept a good pace while he was walking, Aizik was worried every time he stumbled, but since he seemed to get back on his feet pretty quickly he didn't felt the need to come out of his hiding to help him. At least not until his foot disappeared into the ground for a second and slowed him down. The magician was torn between stepping forward to help him, or just stay back and watch his back. He really did want to come forward and lend him a helping hand, wanted to present him with the same comfort he had given him last night, but was that even possible anymore? Aizik probably was being dramatic when he said that he had just destroyed everything between them, but seeing as how Luca had just rushed out of his home in anger like that, could you really blame him?

Aizik stayed back and kept his eyes opened for anything that could possibly be moving towards him. The whispering around Aizik's ears kept him from hearing if anyone was approaching and he had to rely on just his sight for now and... what was Luca doing? His foot was free from the ground and yet the man was still grounded. It appeared that he was digging through a hole? Was he actually sitting there and looking how deep a hole was? Had he just forgotten about the dangers in this forest just because it appeared to be sleeping? The forest hadn't forgotten that at least. The birds were flying over Luca, giving away sounds that told everyone that there was an easy prey in there. They were hungry, but since they couldn't kill anyone themselves, they had to lure a bigger predator into the scene... the ones that responded was usually the trolls.

Aizik kept watch over the human who still hadn't gotten up yet and at the corner of his eye, he saw something moving towards him. There were a few rocks that lazily and slowly moved closer to the pray. They weren't as many as they usually were during the night, in fact Aizik saw a lot more rocks that was able to move but didn't. During the day, it was only the desperate that continued to hunt and they followed the call of the birds. Aizik looked around further, tried to remind himself to not just track the trolls he could see, but rather look for the ones he couldn't see... if that made sense. That's when his eyes landed on a pair of glowing eyes that disappeared as soon as he looked at him. Who were they really hunting? Aizik was standing just as still as Luca and they could very well be after him... Seeing as how he kept watch over the human and didn't pay attention to anything that went on around him... who was the easier target?

That thought made the magician tense up and he wanted to look over his own shoulder and see if anyone was closing up on him but his orange eyes kept staring around Luca. He didn't want anything to happen to the human and he figured that he could protect himself if anything happened. The human could not, so it was much more vital that he kept his eyes on him. He kept expecting that something was going to grab him while he kept watch over Luca, probably feeding his imagination by trying to feel the place out, sliding his foot everywhere to see if it bumped into anything. But nothing did. The only things that were moving were the rocks he had seen before which were starting to get pretty close to their target.

Aizik was just about to take care of them when Luca suddenly rose to his feet and started walking again. His leg had been injured from the hole, but for now that slowed him down just a little. Now that he was injured, the trolls had made the decision of who their pray was and it was not Aizik. As the trolls started to hurry after him the magician reached out with his shadows and just like last night the shadows pulled the trolls down under the ground where they couldn't follow the human anymore. Once they were dealt with he continued to follow Luca, still keeping his distance though so the man wouldn't feel like he couldn't be alone in this world. Aizik just wanted to make sure nothing happened to him, but now that those trolls were dealt with and Luca was on the move again he could relax a little bit.

Aizik really didn't like to stand still in this forest. It really was too dangerous for that, but since he kept saving Luca from anything that would approach him, the man would never noticed that for himself. Aizik really wasn't doing any favours by following Luca like this, disposing of anything dangerous before it had any time to attack the other. If the Fox was here right now he had told him to let the monsters get close, close enough to start ripping into the boy and then once he started to think that all hope was gone, once his light started to dimmer before his eyes... then Aizik could swoop in and be the hero he thought himself to be. Just to teach him that you can't go out like this and expect everything to be peaceful since... they weren't. By protecting him like this, Aizik showed him that things could be peaceful and you could relax in this forest since nothing was going to come at you. The fox probably had a point, but Aizik couldn't just stand by and watch while he was slowly getting eaten to death. No, he couldn't stomach a sight like that again. Even if it were to just teach someone a lesson.

However, it was probably a lesson that Luca needed seeing as he suddenly sat down by a tree and took a closer look on his injured leg. What the hell was he doing? Aizik had hoped he only had stopped to see how injured he was so that he could keep moving after that, but... no. He really did take a breather, having a look on his face that told him he had nothing to be afraid of. At that point Aizik really did feel like he should take the fox's advice and let the man be torn apart just a little bit so that maybe he could learn that you don't just calmly sit around in this forest. If he thought that there was nothing to fear, he should let the man handle the trolls himself if he thought he could handle it.

Anger feeding his magic he watched as a few more trolls were moving up to him. They were moving behind the tree Luca was sitting at, keeping themselves hidden where they knew the man couldn't see them. Slowly making their way towards their pray, Aizik kept watching them, debating with himself whether or not he should keep rescuing Luca like this. This is what the fox meant when he asked Aizik if he was going to shield Luca from the world. If he kept rescuing him like this, then there was nothing for him to fear, was there? He could sit by a tree and just relax while Aizik were the one who endangered himself for his sake. Was it really worth it? In the end the man just wanted to escape from it all. He seemed to accept his fate and probably invited it by this point. Being introduced into a world which did nothing but try to kill you, who would want to live here? No one. Then should Aizik grant his wish and let him die like this? While he at least was feeling relaxed and fearless? ... No matter how much Aizik thought about it, he couldn't do it. He couldn't just let someone die if he could do anything to save them. With that Aizik reached out with his shadows and looked for the trolls that hunted Luca.

Suddenly something grabbed onto his leg and before Aizik could turn towards it, it dragged him down on the ground. Another pair of chubby hands grabbed onto his head and held him down while another was grabbing his arms and it wasn't late with taking it's first bite. The teeth weren't sharp as you would normally see with a predator, they were big and flat, but the thing that let them sink into his flesh were the powerful jaws that ripped everything apart as the troll tore a chunk of flesh into his mouth. Leaving the bite more painful to experience. Aizik clenched his own jaws together in order to not scream out in pain since he knew that would only attract more trolls to the scene. The troll that held onto his head kept his eyes covered just so he wouldn't be able to see and use his magic on them, being trolls they really didn't understand how his magic worked, but seeing as how they thought that would be enough they kept eating their way on him.

Aizik really had been too careless. Not just because he had kept watch on Luca without realizing that he had been targeted himself, but because he had left his tree without his coat. His bare arms were exposed to the trolls, making them an easy target for their blunt teeth. The fabric would've made it harder for them to dig deep into his flesh, but as it was, there was nothing stopping them from almost reaching the bone. The pain shot through the magician, making it harder for him to concentrate on his magic and even think clearly. All he could feel was the exploding pain from having chunks of flesh being ripped apart from his body. For a moment he forgot about everything as the shock grabbed him. In that moment he didn't remember who he was or what he was doing there. He couldn't think clearly since the pain was too severe and even if he wanted to scream, there was no sound that could come out of him.

He tried to kick the trolls, struggled through their grip, but all his struggles were futile. It was only his magic that could save him and until the shock had settled he couldn't use it. In the meanwhile the trolls kept munching on his arms, shoulder and his leg. Giving them a real feast to settle their starving stomachs. Aizik could feel how his whole body was starting to get numb from the pain he was feeling, leaving the trolls to feed on him further without much struggle seeing as he could barely make himself move anymore. A sharp pain got to him when he felt teeth scraping against the bone in his arm and that was enough to jolt his head back from the shock.

Right at that moment, Aizik wasn't late with using his magic and shadows rose from the ground and grabbed hold onto the trolls, throwing them away from him. The three of them crashed into trees, but that wasn't the end for them. The shadows started to tear them apart, limb from limb, one chunk at the time, giving them a taste of the same hell they had put Aizik through. Black blood covered the trees while the chunks of meet started to slide down from the tree trunk. The birds were quickly gathering around the fresh meat and now it was their turn to feed their stomachs.

Aizik tried to get up as soon as he could just to get out of there, but his leg was as injured as his arm. Getting back home wasn't going to be easy, but he couldn't stay here. Even if he had taken care of those trolls there would be more coming and now that he was this injured he knew there was just a matter of time before other things started to come after him too. However, despite being this injured, despite just being attacked by trolls, his thoughts went straight to Luca. He had seen two trolls approach him before he went down... was he Ok? Had he too been attacked while Aizik had struggled to survive? He glanced over to where he had last seen him and was relieved to see that the man was now standing. The trolls were nowhere to be seen which led Aizik to believe it had all just been a trap to snare him. They had only been a diversion in order to trap Aizik... and Aizik had fallen for it.

Luca had jumped to his feet the moment he heard the sound of something connecting hard with a tree, it was multiple thuds and he knew something wasn't right. Suddenly the sickening smell of the blood he had smelled the night before hit him, his hand flew up to cover his nose and mouth. Trying to fight back the sudden bile that was trying to rise from his stomach as he moved hesitantly towards the source. Suddenly his eyes landed on Aizik and he was glad that he had moved towards the source. Eye widened in horror at how injured the man was and instantly he blamed himself. Luca didn't have to think about why the magician was out here, it was quite clear why. He had come to look after him again, and because he had not honored his promise and kept moving the man was now hurt.

Instantly he moved over to the other's sidek kneeling down beside him, he reached out gently brushing some hair away from the man's face. "I'm so sorry." He said softly, though he was sure Aizik heard him just fine. He had been an idiot, he had accepted that he would never survive in this world and by doing so had opened himself up for the trolls. What he hadn't realized was that Aizik had followed him and thus he had also left the magician open to the trolls. Taking a look at the damage he knew that they needed to get him back and out of the open. That was going to be easier said than done though as he glanced around them. Biting his lip he reached out and did his best to get Aizik on his feet, wrapping one of his arms around his own shoulder. Luca was not the strongest person, and he was by far not the most stable either but this was the only thing he could think of as he glanced around one more time.

"What direction is the tree in?" He asked the other man and once he received his response he started off back in that direction. Taking it slow and since he let his own body support most of Aizik's weight as they moved slowly along. By the time they reached the tree it was obvious that quite some time had passed but he had managed to support the man despite everything. Carefully he stepped in, allowing his feet to feel out every step as he hesitantly helped him further into the house. Instead of settling Aizik at the table Luca lead him to the other's room instead and helped him into the bed. Now that they were safe he looked Aizik over once more biting his lip. "This is all my fault." He murmured feeling his eyes tear up a little.

'I am not going to cry!' He said to himself as he looked around the room trying to figure out what he could do. He had never treated anyone for anything before though, especially not something this bad. Luca realized he had no idea what he was supposed to do so he turned back to Aizik and forced the tears back. "Tell me what to do and I'll help you." His voice shook, obviously he felt like shit knowing he was the reason the man was hurt right now. So he had to do whatever he could to help him get better and ease whatever burdens the other might have. If for no one else than himself to try to make up to the other man for what he had quite clearly put him through.

His eyes dropped down to the bed. He had never felt this bad in his life, but he had never been the cause of anyone getting hurt, much less getting hurt like this before either. Luca wasn't even sure if there was anything he could do to help the man. He wouldn't even be surprised right now if Aizik told him to leave and never come back. He wouldn't argue with him, knowing that he was the cause of this. It was going to eat away at him, no matter what the outcome of today was he would never forgive himself for this. Even if by some miracle Aizik could forgive him, Luca would never be able to forgive himself.

Taking in a shaky breath he let his eyes drift shut for a moment, once more fighting back tears before he settled himself on the side of the bed beside the man. Reaching out he slipped his hand into Aizik's his eyes moved back to the other's face. "I really am sorry... I should have honored my promise and kept moving but... I didn't know you were there... or I would have." Had he known Aizik was following him he would have honored his promise and stayed on his feet moving forward. He had completely forgotten about how his own leg hurt more worried about the magician at this point.

Aizik hadn't wanted Luca to see him like this, nor did he want the other to know that he had been following him, but when Luca approached him, he couldn't really get up and walk away from there. His leg was too damaged to be able to support his weight and even though he probably could use the other to walk with, it was difficult to rise up in the state he was in. There was no escaping it. Luca kept coming closer and all Aizik could do was sit in the dirt and wait for his reaction.

He had half expected the man to still be angry at him and probably be even more angry for getting himself injured over something like this. Figured that he would tell him that he didn't need to follow him and get himself injured and things like that, but what he got was something completely different. Luca apologized to him and for a moment he really wasn't sure what he was apologizing for. After all, this was all Aizik's mess since he should have payed more attention to the surroundings like he had before. It wasn't Luca's fault. It was his own.

Despite being so injured that he could barely stand he still only concerned himself with Luca. While he had been struggling with the trolls he didn't have a clue what Luca had been going through and for all he knew he could've been struggling for his own life while there was no one there to protect him.

"Are you hurt?"

He asked, thinking about the human's leg and how he had hurt it earlier. Had the injury lured the trolls with them, but then they had been scared away when Aizik had thrown away his opponents? Had the birds done anything? There were a million things that could have happened while Aizik were getting eaten alive and he wanted to know if Luca was OK or not. However, his own injury had to wait apparently because before he knew it, Luca was helping him get up from the ground and then let him lean against his body.

Aizik wanted to protest, saying that he could walk by himself... probably not well, but he still could walk and he didn't want to add anymore problems for Luca. However, the determination in the other's eyes told him that it was best to let the man help him for once. Aizik didn't say anything other than telling him where to go when he asked for it. He let himself be carried towards his safe house and actually managed to keep himself from not falling into the ground even if he did stumble at times. Once they reached the tree and headed down the stares, Aizik couldn't help but to find Luca cute as he noticed how carefully he walked down the steps. Really concentrated so that he wouldn't fall and determined to get Aizik safely down the stairs. He probably shouldn't be thinking about things like that right now, but.. Luca was too adorable for him not to notice it.

Once they entered the kitchen, Aizik thought he would be lead towards one of the chairs and was actually trying to reach for it just so he could sit down and take care of his injuries. But the human wouldn't let him. Instead he was being lead towards his room and he was gently guided towards the bed. Of course, the man had wanted him with him on the bed ever since he got here. Of course he would take this opportunity to put him there first.

Aizik couldn't help but to notice the tears inside Luca's eyes that were threatening to spill over when he declared that all of this was his fault. Aizik immediately shook his head at that, since that really wasn't true. If Aizik hadn't hesitated before defending Luca in front of the fox, then he probably wouldn't have felt the need to go out for a walk. Even if he had gone out for a walk, then it was Aizik's fault who didn't pay attention while he himself was standing around.

He was about to tell him that he didn't need to blame himself for what happened, but he was interrupted when Luca asked what he could do to help. Well, not exactly ask as forming a question, more of a request to tell him what he could do. Aizik thought about it for a moment, knowing exactly what he wanted, but wasn't so sure if Luca could do it.. however, it was worth a try wasn't it?

"That box, the one above the stove which I took out for you yesterday. Can you give me that and some herb tea? There's red flowers in a flowerpot just beside the bench. Take the seeds from it and put it together in boiling water. Don't use the petals, think you can manage that? If not, just give me the box."

Aizik tried his best to describe how he would make the herb tea, but since Luca didn't know the name of everything and Aizik wasn't sure how much herbs they used in his world it was difficult. Did he even know where the seeds for the flower were? Did he have to explain that too? Well, if Luca didn't know how to make it, then he would be just as satisfied with the box. He needed something for the pain and either of those were just as affective. Although, it was nicer to get two kinds of medicine for it instead of just relying on one.

Aizik was surprised when he felt the sudden hand in his own and it sort of caught him off guard. However, he was not pulling away from it. On the contrary, he let his hand hold on to the other's and tried to give the other a reassuring smile when he once again apologized to him.

"Luca.. Please, don't sit around like that even if I'm not around. Don't try to kill yourself like that."

Aizik said, having noticed that Luca would only had kept moving if he had known the magician had been there. Seeing him sit like that, waiting for death, waiting for something to come and kill him... He didn't want to see anything like that again. If it helped he would distance himself from Luca, he would do anything to make sure the man made it back home alive.

The fox were nowhere to be seen. He had vanished once again to whatever hole he came from, but he hadn't left the bird wings to rot while Aizik had gone after the human. Both the bowl and the plate was empty on the breakfast Aizik had prepared for them this morning, but it probably was for the best. Aizik didn't want the fox to see him like this since he knew what he would say and he didn't think Luca wanted to meet him right now either. It was enough that he had to worry about Aizik's large bite wounds.

“I’m fine. A little bruised and scraped up but fine.” Luca replied when he had been asked if he was hurt. His leg was a bit beat up thanks to falling into that hole, but he was otherwise perfectly fine. As he sat there beside him he listened as he was told what he could get Aizik to help him with his injuries. Trying his best to remember exactly what he had been told to make the tea for the man. ’Red flowers, beside the bench, seeds not petals.’ He thought to himself taking mental notes of the flower. It occurred to him that he wasn’t one hundred percent sure if the flowers seeds were located in the same place here as they would be back home. He’d make sure to ask before he would get up to do so.

Luca was distracted when he heard Aizik speak again feeling the man hold his hand back in return as he was told not to just sit down and kill himself like that. A frown crossed his face as he felt his heart ache knowing what he had done. “I… thought it would be better that way. It would be almost like I was never here, you wouldn’t have to worry about me anymore and I wouldn’t have to worry about trying to survive in a world not meant for me.” He murmured softy though he knew Aizik would still have been able to hear him. He had just sat down and given up, accepting his fate and just waiting for something to come along and finish him off. Luca knew it was a dark thought, and his mind had gone to a not so good place, but even now, sitting there beside the magician he felt that way.

He felt like a burden, feeling like he would only drag the man down. It wasn’t like he had anyone back home to miss him anyway, and Aizik didn’t know him enough to want to protect him in such a manner. Back home he struggled to pay for a tiny apartment and make ends meet, it was hard and every month he just entered and even bigger vicious circle of getting a new loan to pay off an old one and make sure all his bills were paid. It was a hassle, he had no one to turn to as he lived on his own, thousands of miles from his closest living relatives and he never spoke to them anyway. Shaking his head, he took in a deep breath letting it out in a soft sigh. He had nothing here for him either, his life was in constant jeopardy, he still didn’t really have any means to survive and was just dragging Aizik down. That was how he saw it in the end.

Still, he didn’t want to speak about how he had just given up on his life anymore. Standing up he reluctantly slipped his hand out of Aizik’s and tried to get himself back in the mindset of getting the tea and box for Aizik so he could start feeling better. “Okay… tea… umm where do the seeds come from here? I’m not sure if it would be the same as back home or not.” He asked. After making it apparent he was going to make the tea and would not accept any other response he waited to be told where to find the seeds. Nodding he turned and left the room heading back into the kitchen where everything he needed was located.

Gathering the box, he turned to the plant he had been told to use and made sure he gathered some seeds to make the tea. It was a pretty flower, and he kind of wondered what would happen if the petals were used. He was not about to test it though. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt Aizik in any way. After making the tea and pouring some into a cup he grabbed the box again and took both back to the magician.

Luca was determined to help the man in any way he could. He wanted to make his recovery as comfortable as possible. Despite anything Aizik said he would never stop blaming himself. Setting the tea down on the table beside the bed he handed the man the box. He had remembered him using it when he had gotten hurt the night before and he knew it worked quite well, but he wasn’t sure how it would work on such severe injuries. Maybe just as well? It only made sense considering the fact that he had asked for the box first and surely the magician knew just what it could heal. He settled himself once more beside the man on the bed and looked him over, the bites did not look good at all, and yet despite that he could still admire how handsome the man was.

He didn’t understand why the man wanted to take care of him so much so as he watched the man start to tend to his wounds he spoke. “Why do you care? I mean… you saved me twice now, maybe even more than that. But why?” He needed to know the answer to that question. Why risk so much for one person? Someone he didn’t even know. Aizik didn’t know him, the man didn’t know anything about him not really. So why try to protect him? It made no sense to him, considering he knew most people back home would never put themselves at risk for someone else, much less someone they had just met one night. Sure there were a few people back home who would, but for the most part people would probably have turned a blind eye saying it would affect them.

It truly made him more attracted to the other man. How could he not be after all? Maybe it was just because Aizik had saved his life, but Luca truly didn’t think so. The man was attractive on his own, the fact that he had saved him just made him undeniably grateful to the man.

Aizik got a little worried when Luca told him that he was bruised and scraped once again. For the moment, he couldn't tell if his injuries were serious or not considering he hadn't even seen them and the fact that his arm was hurting from the open flesh wound he had on it, he figured Luca's bruises could wait. If he was able to carry Aizik here without much pain, he figured it could wait. Hopefully that was all true.

However, all the thoughts of injuries, bruises and healing went away when Luca started to tell him that it would be better for both of them if he had died on that spot. Hearing him talk about how it would be like he was never here and it would be better if he didn't even try to survive in this world.. it hurt Aizik more than the wounds on his body. It didn't matter if they had only known each other for a couple of hours. Luca had managed to make his imprint on him and he was sure he was going to remember the clumsy and cute human with the glasses for as long as he lived. Such a man like Luca wasn't just someone you forgot because his physical appearance wasn't here anymore. It was sad to see that the man didn't see that for himself. To just give up without a fight. Luca had been here for one night and one morning, and he had decided that this world wasn't for him.

"So... you're giving up without even trying? Also, you're deciding this for yourself, deciding that it would be better for everyone if you just let the trolls eat you. It's not that simple, Luca. I don't think I would be better of if you weren't here."

It was true. Aizik had seen his share of people who had just given up like Luca just had, only they didn't get the chance to talk about it afterwards. He wasn't sure if he could handle watching another one give up like that and get torn apart by the trolls and scavengers that occupied in the forest. He wasn't sure how much he could cling onto that small piece of hope, just to have it thrown back in his face. That was worse than physical wounds, which was why the fox could annoy him so much. Aizik looked down at his arm for a second and then held it up for Luca to see, but again, he was quick to remove it if Luca couldn't stomach to see the wound.

"These, they heal. With the help of the herb tea and a little magic, these will be gone sooner or later. However, seeing people die right in front of your eyes... those scars never heal... seeing a man loose hope hurts more than getting chunks of your flesh ripped off."

Aizik whispered the last part and then tried to give him a gentle smile just to give him a little hope back. He wasn't sure it would work, it probably wouldn't be enough for the other, but hopefully it would last a little bit just so he wouldn't be thinking about committing suicide on his way to the kitchen. Aizik was in no condition to stop him if he wanted to get out of his home and run into the trolls again. He just wished he could do more for Luca, give him something that he could hold onto whenever he was feeling hopeless. For now however, his little peptalk had to do.

It was time for Luca to try and make the tea for Aizik and it was probably a good thing that he asked where the seeds were on the flowers. Not having the right ingredients could mean life or death for Aizik considering those flowers were actually poisonous. You don't want to eat the petals or anything else on the flower that wasn't the seeds since that could kill you.. like everything else in this world. So Aizik was describing the flower in great detail, telling Luca exactly where the seeds were and what he needed to do with them for the tea to work. However, he didn't tell him about them being poisonous since he probably wouldn't be doing it if he knew.

Once Aizik was alone in the room he brought out a chest from other the bed, ignoring the pain in his shoulders as he dragged it out in front of him. It was revealed to be some sort of first aid kit, having jars of different applications for wounds, bandages and everything you needed in a crisis situation. Aizik hesitated for a moment before he started to remove the armless hoody since he needed to take care of the wound on his shoulder and he couldn't do that with the fabric sticking to the blood. He didn't really want the wound to be healed together with the shirt, that would probably be really painful. Revealing his slender, pale upper body he took out a small glass tube with something that looked like water inside of it. The truth was that it wasn't anything more than water, but this water wasn't like the one he used to clean himself or clean his clothes. It sounded weird to call it magic water so Aizik would not use those words... even if it was magic water.

He opened the small cork and then he gently poured the water over the wound over his arm. He had to clench his jaw not to scream over the sharp pain that came through him once the water touched the bloody flesh. The contact made smoke come out of his skin and the sizzling sound made it appear like he had just poured acid on the wound, but really he hadn't. That was their way of cleaning it from any type of infection and making the healing process even quicker. Aizik took a deep breath and let the pain settle a little before he was doing it once again over the shoulder, being careful not to spill too much of it since it was hard to come by.

Almost screaming out in pain he barely noticed when Luca had come by the door, hoping he would be finished with this before he had come with the things he had asked for, but it had taken him a lot faster than he had thought it would take. Trying to conceal how much it really hurt to have the water disinfect his wounds he gave the man a small smile before he started to pull up the leg of his pants to reveal the final wound he had gotten while he had been attacked. Before he could pour the water over it, Luca started to speak to him and the question sort of caught him off guard... again.

Aizik looked at Luca to try and get a grip of why he was asking that question. Of course, there were a few reasons he could think of would make someone ask that, but he wanted to know why Luca had asked him that. Why did he care? Aizik gave away a sigh when he thought about it. There were a million reasons, all of them having to do with his past that he really didn't want to go over with someone he had just met, but also... he thought Luca wanted to hear something else. Something that would give him the hope he needed to try and survive here and well.. Aizik wasn't sure he could give him that with that question. He wanted to, but he didn't really want to lie either.

"What do you want me to say? That I did that because I felt a connection with you the minute I saw you? That because I can't leave such an adorable man to die in such a horrible manner. In a way I guess I could say that, but that wasn't why I saved you yesterday."

Those reasons he listed started to touch the surface the more he got to know Luca. He did start to feel a connection with him, which was why he could bare himself to suggest that he might be able to find somewhere else for him to stay, and he didn't want to see him die like that. But the first time he had saved him had been different. It hadn't been love at first sight, it hadn't been because he's a knight in shining armour who rescued little princesses because it was the good thing to do. No, he's reasons for doing so lay in the tragedy of his character.

"A few things have happened, but let's just say I'm trying to make amends for my mistakes... There was one before.. which i couldn't save... and I'm trying to make up for that."

Aizik said, knowing full well this wasn't something Luca wanted to hear when he had asked the question. But it was the truth, not the whole truth, but still the truth and that was better than nothing right? Aizik turned his head to look at the human beside him and he gave him a small smile.

"The fact that you're unbelievable attractive is just a bonus for me."

He said, hoping it would give him something to smile about. Then it was time to continue to tend to his wounds again and he poured the last drops of water over his leg and again had to silence his scream as the water connected with his flesh. Then he took a deep breath, relieved that he didn't have to do that again for a while and putting aside the glass tube in the chest he took the small box Luca had brought for him and started to treat his wounds the same way he had with Luca's yesterday. After that he took out some bandage and started to wrap it around his wounds to let them heal in peace. However, he was struggling to bandage the wound over his shoulder since he really didn't know how to get it around himself and keep it from falling off of him.

Luca looked up when he heard Aizik speak a frown crossing his face. What confused him more than the fact that Aizik had told him that he is deciding it for himself that everyone would be better off was that he didn’t think that he would be. First off, Luca had felt like it was his own right to decide when others would probably be better off, it was his life on the line after all. But then his mind went back to what was said after, that Aizik didn’t feel like he would be better off if he wasn’t here. That confused him more than anything else. What would make the man even feel that way? They had known each other for a very short amount of time and Luca truly didn’t feel like it was long enough for the man to grow any sort of attachment to him.

His eyes moved to the arm that was raised up and shown to him, instantly his stomach churned, and he felt slightly ill at the site of the bite and the flesh that was quite clearly missing. He glanced away from Aizik when he spoke telling him how seeing a man lose hope hurt more than getting chunks of his flesh ripped off. “If you didn’t follow me you wouldn’t have seen anything. There wouldn’t have been anything to weigh on your conscious.” Luca replied trying to defend his actions to a point. So what if he had lost hope already? It wasn’t like Aizik had been there when he had done so… or had he been? How long exactly had the man been following him for? Did he see him fall into that hole? That made him blush in embarrassment, just the idea of the man once more having seen how clumsy he was happened to be enough to turn his face red.

Looking away from Aizik he sighed softly just sitting on the edge of the bed as the man tended to himself. It wasn’t until he spoke again this time answering his final question that he looked back to the magician. “No.” He said his voice sounded hurt and he felt an ache in him. That wasn’t what he had meant when he had asked why, he hadn’t expected or wanted to be told that the man felt a connection to him and thought he was adorable and that was why he had saved him last night. He would have just assumed that was some lie to try to make him feel important. It hadn’t been what he wanted to hear he just… wanted to know the truth behind it. When he did finally get it he felt even more like staying here was a mistake but he didn’t say that. He didn’t want to be some pity rescue, he didn’t want to be saved just so Aizik could try to feel better about a mistake in his past. About someone he had failed before and was just using him in an attempt to make up for it.

That was something everyone wanted to hear after all, right? How their life was saved just because their rescuer was trying to make up for past mistakes. Sighing he didn’t speak, he didn’t look at the magician, and he didn’t say anymore. He just sat there, eyes on his lap and waiting for something that was a bit less depressing. It was safe to say they were in silence the rest of the time Aizik was tending to himself. The comment of him being unbelievably attractive being a bonus only made him glance towards Aizik, but he couldn’t bring himself to feel what he had the night before. Luca still wasn’t quite in the best frame of mind but he offered a weak smile in an attempt to show that he at least appreciated the comment, even if there was a part of him feeling like Aizik was just saying that.

It wasn’t until the man was struggling to bandage his shoulder that Luca stood and moved closer to him. “Here. Let me help.” He murmured his voice didn’t really have any emotion in it as he reached out and took the bandage. His hands moved with care, almost as if he had done this before. Once the man’s shoulder was well wrapped he finished up and handed the extra bandages back to the magician for him to put them away. Luca was still depressed, but seeing the man at least bandaged up and doing better made him a bit happier. He still felt bad and blamed himself, but there was nothing that could be done about it now. He had to accept that what had happened could not be undone and that they just had to keep moving forward at this point.

Retaking his seat, he spoke his voice still soft, “Drink your tea.” He had followed Aizik’s instructions exactly to ensure that he had done it correctly. He would do everything that he possibly could to help take care of him until he was better and back on his feet. For now he really wanted the magician to take it easy and just work on healing. “Is there anything else I can do for you?” Luca asked looking back up at the other man.

Reaching out he took the magician’s hand in his own once again, inspecting it as he sat there beside him. It wasn’t very often he had the chance to sit like this with another person. Even if he knew that there wasn’t anything between them at least he could distract his mind with the other’s hand. It didn’t matter that he had been called cute or adorable on multiple occasions. It wasn’t like those words weren’t used loosely after all. Plenty of people called plenty of things cute or adorable, it didn’t really mean anything in his eyes.

Especially considering such words were used when referring to him before. It was more of a way for people to nicely say they weren’t interested by commenting that he was cute, or some of the things he did was adorable. So he had long since stopped associating those terms with any true interest in him. After all hadn’t Aizik said not long ago that he didn’t feel a connection to him? Granted that was probably Luca reading more into the words than what was there considering he knew it had been meant as there was no love at first sight. That was something Luca didn’t truly believe in anyway. It was just something that happened in fairytales and wasn’t possible.

“I guess I should leave you to rest.” Luca said after quite some time of silence. He a bit reluctantly let go of the magician’s hand again and got up moving to leave the man alone and get some rest and some space. After their talk Luca was feeling even more unsure of himself. He still felt like a burden, still felt like he was just being kept around out of pity or remorse. All of which didn’t make him feel any better but at least he had managed to keep such emotions off his face this time. Surely there had to be something around here he could entertain himself with. It once more made him wonder what Aizik would normally do to pass the time. What could a non-magical person in a dangerous world like this do in the safety of the magician’s home? Probably not very much.

Aizik wasn't good at cheering up people. What could he offer in this world when everything wanted to kill you? He understood what Luca was feeling which was why he tried so hard to make him feel better. Complimenting him, trying to make him understand that he would be more of a burden if he wasn't here... But that obviously wasn't the way to go with him. He wished he knew what to say to make him feel better. He wished everything would return to how it was yesterday. Yesterday was a good day. Luca had been in good spirit and in turn he had made Aizik smile, which really doesn't happen very often. The way they had teased each other, he had made Aizik feel so happy that time. Now, he was kind of regretting that he hadn't taken that opportunity to its fullest.. if he knew Luca would've woken up with suicidal thoughts, he never would've let the man go to sleep.

There really was no point in thinking about 'what if' since that time had passed and such a thing as time travel didn't exist in this world either. You can't get back the things you've lost... But Aizik hadn't lost Luca yet. He was still here, on the bed with him, but for how long? If Aizik couldn't get him to change his mind then.. He wouldn't be there anymore. Even now, his physical body was here, but that innocent and childish man he got to know yesterday was gone.. that laugh he had heard this morning while he was arguing with the fox... all gone. And it was all Aizik's fault.

At first he wanted to dismiss Luca from helping him with the bandage, telling him that if he didn't feel like helping him, then he should just leave it alone, but... Saying something like that would only make things worse between them. So he refrained from resisting his help and let him do what he wanted to do, even if it was really depressing. Aizik couldn't help but to notice that Luca seemed to know what he was doing all too well for it to be his first time of this. The question of what might have happened for him to be so good with it appeared at the back of his head, but it got tucked away pretty quickly. The thoughts of how Aizik could make it better for Luca pushed it aside for now.

Once he was patched up he took the extra bandages in his hand when Luca placed them there, but he was far too busy with thinking up a plan to make things better to even put it back into the chest. What could he do to make it up to Luca? ... Let him go? It probably was selfish for him to cling onto him like this, forcing him to survive in this world or at least try to survive in it. For what? Just to make amends for a past mistake? No... If that was all it was he wouldn't have been this depressed about Luca being depressed. And he wouldn't have tried this hard to make him feel better about himself. It wasn't just so that he wouldn't go and kill himself, he wanted to see Luca happy again. He wanted to see him smile and feel better about himself. Luca was feeling pretty much hopeless at the moment, defenceless, dependant.. He felt like he couldn't take care of himself and that made him feel this depressed. Aizik had seen it before and yet he still were at loss for how he could make things better. If he could give Luca his magic he would have. If he could grant him any kind of symbol magic to let him survive on his own, he would have. But he couldn't... So.. it was hopeless? It didn't matter what Aizik said or did... Luca was still going to disappear from him.

He was ready to cry over it because it really did feel like he was losing the human. In the distance he could hear the question being asked to him. Is there anything else I can do for you? Be happy? Don't kill yourself? Just... stay here... Useless. Failure. Aizik may have rescued him from the troll attacks, but he hadn't saved Luca. He had only made things worse for him. By being selfish in his goal he had made another human feel worse about himself than he probably would've felt with anyone else. This wasn't what Aizik wanted. In the short time they had known each other, Luca had made him feel happy and how did he repay him? By thinking that everything was OK, while the human was suffering beside him. He truly was selfish.

And yet, he still couldn't let the man go. He hadn't noticed that Luca's hand had touched him, not before the hand was slipping away from him. Luca was about to leave him alone again, he was about to go and Aizik couldn't help but to feel that if he let him go now, he wouldn't be able to see him again. Was he OK with that? Just to get rid of the burden of having to save him over and over? Just so that he wouldn't be distracted by the other while the enemy snuck up on him? ... No. Since none of that were true. Before Luca's hand slipped away from him completely, he took a strong grip around it, holding onto the other and refusing to let him go. Even if Luca had given up on himself, Aizik hadn't given up on him.

"I don't regret saving you. I just wish I could do a better job of it. I just don't want to lose you. Even if we've only known each other for a couple of hours, but that was enough for me to feel happy that you are here."

Aizik wasn't sure if what he said was going to help. He didn't expect it to dob so since he was under the impression that whatever he said or did, he couldn't make Luca change his mind about this place. He was right. This place was dangerous for a human and there wasn't much in this world that could make you want to fight for another day. But if you did find it, you better damn well hold onto it... Which was why Aizik held on for dear life to the other's hand.

"I'm sorry for not making you feel the same way. I'm sorry that I made you feel like this."

Stunned his eyes darted back to Aizik when he felt the man’s hand strongly grip his before he had slipped it free. ’What the? Why is he holding my hand so tightly?’ Luca had thought he would leave the man to rest in peace and away from him. Not like he knew what he was going to do if he did leave the room. Yet, Aizik quiet easily stopped him in his tracks, the magician’s hand strongly grasping his own. He listened as the man spoke explaining how he didn’t regret saving him the night before. It meant more to Luca than he wanted to admit. Hearing such words come from someone he had thought he was burdening with his presence.

It didn’t quite make him feel like this was a good place for him. This world anyway. But it was enough to currently ease his thoughts of how others would be better off without him. If Aizik had already enjoyed the brief time they had been together than it was only fair that he admit something as well. “I did enjoy being here with you last night… it was… nice.” He had missed how playful they had been, how he had been able to act in a more childish manner and instead he was met with kindness and teasing. That had been a great night to start off whatever it was they were. Were they friends? He didn’t really know, maybe as of right now they were still just acquaintances.

What through Luca off was what was said last, a frown crossing his face and his brows furrowing in thought. “You didn’t…” he started trailing off trying to figure out how to explain himself to Aizik. The man hadn’t made him feel this way, it was something he had felt for a long time but was somehow wiped completely from his memory the night before. It had been the fox that helped sink home the thoughts he had been having for months, add it to a new world and the way he saw Aizik try to argue for him just to end up in the end questioning it as well. It had all been too much for him to take and he had snapped. Allowing his hand to close strongly around the other’s he climbed back into the bed beside the man resting himself on his knees next to Aizik.

He didn’t smile as he sat there but he thought it was only fair to share with the man the fact that these thoughts… the hopelessness was something he had been struggling with for a while. Maybe if he did then the magician wouldn’t feel like he had someone caused him to feel this way and would understand that it was something he was fighting before he had met him. “I’ve been feeling this way for a long time now… you didn’t make me feel this way. I just… last night I could forget all my problems. Almost being killed just to be saved by you made it feel like I was being given a second chance. Even if I know now you had done so to try to make amends for something else.” He couldn’t hide the pain in his voice at that point and shook his head trying to continue.

“This morning… everything with the fox just… it just reminded me of the fight inside myself I have been having for so long. He sounded so much like the part of me that has given up and feels hopeless. Like no matter what I do I will never be good enough, that there isn’t anyone that is going to miss me once I’m gone, and that I can’t find a means to survive anyways. Even back home I struggled to make it from day to day, I was in constant financial problems and could barely afford to keep my small apartment.” He paused again his eyes having fallen to his lap. He forced his eyes up and locked them with Aizik again giving the man a slightly forced smile.

“I… I don’t want you to think that you are the reason I feel this way. It’s a struggle I’ve been having for a very long time and I just… some days are better than others. Some days I can put on a face as be one of the happiest people ever. Other days it all comes crashing down and I don’t trust myself alone.” Pausing he l wrapped his other hand around their hands and sighed softly. “I like you. I like being here with you. But I just… how am I supposed to survive in a world not meant for me when I can barely survive in the world that I was born in?” It seemed like a valid question to him.

Before he realized what he was doing he had positioned himself so he was sitting beside the man, his hip pressed lightly into the other’s side wanting to have this physical contact. It was enough to help him relax a little. It was such a basic human contact that he missed so much. He didn’t really have anyone back home, he had very few friends and the ones he had seemed to always have more important things to do than spend time with him. Such contact was something he had never realized he was missing until it was presented to him. A lot of times Luca tried to act stronger than he was but, he was a mess deep down.

All he wanted was a place where he felt like he belonged, where maybe he could be taken care of without fear of getting on someone’s nerves. After a moment he just decided to say that. “All I want, is somewhere I feel like I actually belong. Somewhere that I can be happy without constantly having to worry about things. I mean… your world is so pretty during the day, but I know it’s not safe. It’s dangerous… constantly. It’s the same struggle to survive as back home. The only difference is I’ll actually be eaten here versus just ending up living on the streets back home.” Looking over to Aizik he offered the man a small smile. “It would just be nice if for once I didn’t have to worry about my life. So… I’m sorry for my breakdown I just couldn’t handle it all. Everything happened so quickly.”

Even if his apology was sincere he didn’t expect Aizik to accept it. He knew he had caused problems here, and hearing the fox so easily question him and make even Aizik doubt it for a minute had been too much. Add the fact that he had been talked about like he wasn’t even there and how was he not expected to suddenly feel that way? Shaking his head, he sighed. “I’ll… try to get better.” It was a hard battle, a struggle he more times than none felt like he was losing but… for Aizik at least he’d try to get better. Try to get back to the person the man had seen the night before. That was the person Aizik wanted here, not the Luca who was gloomy and had given up.

Aizik kept holding on to the other, preventing him from leaving his side, leaving this room to probably feel worse about himself and the place he had been forced to live in. Aizik couldn’t blame him for feeling suicidal, everyone who lived here went through that face... if you weren’t powerful enough to actually live in this world, not just survive in it. This wasn’t the most inviting environment you could get, but that made the good things even more precious, since there wasn’t much of it. If he only could get Luca to see that then he was sure he wouldn’t be so willing to kill himself... Or... Was he going to kill himself just for that reason?

Aizik wasn’t sure what he was going to do, how he could help the human, but as long as he figured he could do something he wasn’t going to let him go and be alone like that again. He was glad to hear that he too had enjoyed their time together last night, but as long as he still felt the need to leave, then that didn’t mean anything. It wasn’t until Luca actually moved to sit down beside him again that the magician started to relax and finally manage to look at him again.

His orange eyes was shining with that tiny hope he was clinging on while he looked at the other, hoping that there was still a chance the two of them could make it work out here. Aizik was going to watch everything he was saying from now on, he was going to be more careful and just tell Luca again and again that he was more than just a project and that he wasn’t holding on just to make amends and... I’ve been feeling like this for a long time now... you didn’t make me feel this way.

Those words woke him up from all the thoughts of how he could make it better for him since he now was told that he hadn’t been reason for Luca’s depression. Apparently there had been numerous things that had helped weighing him down and it wasn’t just the things from this world. There had been things back home for him, Aizik couldn’t say he understood what it all was, but at least he understood what it was doing to Luca and that was all that mattered, right? So, once he came here and that stupid fox acted like the little voice inside him who told him he was worthless... He was pretty much bound to be depressed by it all.

Aizik looked down at their hands when Luca placed his other one on top, sealing his own hand inside of Luca’s. He couldn’t help but to smile at that since it just felt so comforting when he did that and he wanted to do the same for Luca, but... putting his hand on top of that neat little package would probably just make him feel uncomfortable. So instead, he let his fingers slide between Luca’s before he hugged his hand once again.

How am I supposed to survive in a world not meant for me when I can barely survive in the world that I was born in?

Well, for one thing, Aizik wasn’t with him when he was in the other world and he really was determined to protect him from any kind of monster.. even the ones that were in his head. He really wanted to say these things to him and he were about to, but then Luca said something that made his mind go blank and all he could hear was those words echoing in his head. I like you.

Aizik looked up only to lock eyes with the other and at that point he couldn’t help himself but to blush. The other man was looking so beautiful at that moment, how couldn’t he be a little taken with the moment? Then to also feel the other’s hip starting to press against him like that it was just too much not to get excited by it all. Although, he reminded himself of the moment they were actually in. Luca had just tried to commit suicide and was now telling Aizik why he thought that was the best route for him. This wasn’t the time to get excited and jump on him so he had to calm down from that and think what was best for Luca at the moment.

The man told him what he actually wanted from this place and probably what he wanted back home. Somewhere he could feel safe and wanted. Well.. Aizik wanted him here and he was safe with him underground, but the magician had a feeling that wouldn’t be enough. This world had multiple dangers so in order for Luca to feel like he could belong here, he needed something that could match that. Aizik wouldn’t be enough, but he wasn’t going to give up just for that. It only made him more determined to find something Luca could hold on to. For now, he had to settle with at least putting some of the man’s fear to rest.

"I understand. I don't like that you feel that way, but I understand."

Aizik said, easily accepting his apology for his breakdown. It was all he could do at the moment and according to the magician, there was nothing to apologize for. Things happened. None of them did it on purpose even if it felt like that at first. Aizik had been wrong to be angry with him before and he knew that now. He knew how Luca felt and it wasn’t just him who had made mistakes.

“I guess I could’ve worked harder on throwing out the fox, too.”

Aizik mumbled, really regretting that he hadn’t been harder on the little creature he felt even more annoying than before. He really hadn’t thought the fox would’ve made such an impact on Luca.. or rather, hoped he wouldn’t have. No matter how badly Aizik wanted to part with him, there was also that annoying little detail that he needed him. He still held information he wanted and not to mention that he had no doubts that he was looking things up about that book Luca had mentioned. They still needed him, didn’t matter if they wanted to or not.

When Luca said that he would try harder Aizik appreciated that, but he didn’t want to feel insensitive about it by saying something along the line with ‘good for you’. They both needed to work on things, Aizik should try harder and understand how Luca was feeling, trying to take him into consideration whenever he was in the room and not be so consumed by his own things all the time. He had almost lost Luca because of it and then tried to comfort him, thinking he could makes things better by telling him exactly what he had thought that night when he saved him. Pretty insensitive, yes.

“I think we both have things to work on.”

He said and then gave Luca a soft smile, hoping that the man was at least feeling a little better about it all. He wasn’t like he was yesterday, but Aizik had to accept that you couldn’t be on top all the time. You couldn’t be happy every minute and if you were, it was just fake and that’s really not what Aizik wanted. Hopefully he could make him feel just a tad better.

Either way there were still those words that echoed in his head and those words had made him really happy, as well as the touch Luca was giving him even if it was something he did unconsciously. It still had made him feel happy and just as he was thinking about maybe saying something about it, his leg started to ache. He hadn’t been drinking any of the tea that would’ve helped with that and not resting and keeping it on the floor while he was sitting.. probably not the best idea. He needed to lie down for a moment, but he didn’t want to push Luca away from the bed. No, not until he was sure the man wasn’t going to leave him the minute he was alone he wasn’t going to release his grip around him. He tried to ignore the pain, but that only made it grow and it told him, screamed at him that he needed the rest. Well... Since Aizik didn’t want to be left alone then there was only one choice there was it.

Aizik gave away a sigh as a sort of warning of what he was about to do before he pushed Luca down against the bed. He positioned himself so that he could let his leg rest on the sheets but his bare upper body pressed against Luca, holding him tightly against himself. He didn’t want to try anything else than just a hug, knowing full well that his injuries wouldn’t very much like it if he got himself too excited, but it was for Luca’s sake also. Something like doing it out of pity was not something he wanted to imprint in Luca’s head. So he refrained from doing anything further than a hug since the moment probably wasn’t the best for it... But there was still something the magician wanted to say to him.

"I like you, too, and I really don't want to lose you. You can't just.. give me a couple of hours with you and expect me to happy with it. I want to get to know you more. Both good and bad and I want to be there to make you feel better when you're feeling like this."

Luca raised his head when he heard the sigh come from Aizik. Had he said something? Done something? Before he truly had a chance to try to figure it out he was pushed down onto the bed, right after doing so Aizik had repositioned himself so he too was lying down. Feeling the man’s body lying against him seemingly in a hug as they laid there. He was stunned for a moment before he shifted to wrap an arm around the other as well allowing himself to once more enjoy the closeness. One never realized how important something as simple as touch was to a person. Especially if they hadn’t gone quite so long without it. Luca could be happy with them just lying in bed together like this. It was friendly, and it was comforting in a sense.

Now that they were lying down though he really hoped that Aizik would be able to get some rest. His eyes moved down to the magician when the man spoke again. The words stunned him more than the action a moment ago had. How was he supposed to respond to something like that? It sounded so… sincere. Yet he felt like that wasn’t possible. How could someone who literally had only spent a few hours with him want him around longer? Why would he want to get to know the good and bad and be there for him during times like this? It seemed like Aizik had more care for others than Luca had originally thought. It was heartwarming for sure, something he could really find himself enjoying.

At first, he didn’t respond, he just laid there relaxing on the bed, one arm wrapped loosely around the magician as he felt the weight of the other man resting against him. He kind of liked how innocent this closeness was, he didn’t feel like anything was expected of him at this point. Just a way for them to be there for each other without having to say anything. But he knew he should respond to the other’s words. “You’ll have time to get to know me later. Right now, you really do need to get some rest. You’ve had a very… rough day.”

His eyes moved down to the other’s face, their gazes once more locking on each other. He wanted to be here for Aizik and he would be. Luca would stick by the other’s side for as long as Aizik would allow him to do so. But right now, right now the magician needed his rest. Needed to get better so that Luca could be certain that the man would be okay. He still blamed himself, had he not stormed off and had he not just sat down and had given up Aizik wouldn’t be hurt right now. That guilt was eating away at him, and he wasn’t going to be able to get through it until the other was one hundred percent better.

Lying there his eyes once more moved to the ceiling of the room, trailing over it absently as he just enjoyed their closeness. Glancing down at Aizik again he gave the man a small smile. This seemed nice, and right now he truly felt like he could get comfortable here. Still, Luca hoped that as time passed Aizik wouldn’t grow sick of having him around. There was a small part of him that really thought that eventually Aizik would give up on him. Get tired of having him around all of the time and having to keep him safe from what was waiting for him in this world.

Aizik couldn't say he wasn't surprised when Luca didn't struggle when he was forced to lay down on the bed beside the magician. He had expected him to at least resist a little bit until he noticed that his struggles would only hurt Aizik further, but he didn't do anything of that. Instead, he accepted it all and also managed to put an arm around him too. It seemed like Luca was starving for some attention almost as much as Aizik did.

The magician held his arms around the other, careful not to be hurt in any way by that. He was lying down on the shoulder that wasn't hurt and the arm wasn't being crushed by Luca's weight. He had been careful when he had forced the other down, even if it hadn't seemed that way. His leg wasn't hurting as much now when he was levelling it out on the bed and he began to relax knowing that Luca wasn't going to leave him at the moment. Their hands were still intertwined since Aizik hadn't wanted to break that connection with him and he started to rub his thumb against his skin, gently, almost caressing it. He wasn't sure if Luca was feeling as relaxed as he did and that gesture was a way for him to calm him down, even if it was just a little.

Aizik wasn't sure how Luca was going to react after he had told him that he wanted to be there for him in both good and bad. Did you really say that to people you just met? Probably not, but then again, this was kind of special circumstances. However, did Luca see it the same way he did? Was he going to dismiss it? Saying he didn't believe him or saying that he shouldn't be feeling what he was feeling to a perfect stranger. But... it wasn't like Aizik declared friendship or love for the other. He just simply expressed that he had grown to like him and that he wanted to get to know him better while that feeling kept growing inside of him. It didn't matter if Luca believed him or not, at least not at the moment. Then.. he just had to prove himself to him. How? He wasn't sure, but he would do it.

When Luca finally answered him, though, Aizik couldn't help but to get happy about it. He didn't mention anything about believing him or anything similar to the things Aizik had thought about while he waited for his response. It wasn't that that made him happy.. It was the fact that he confirmed that he would have time to get to know him. It meant that for the moment he had put aside the thoughts of killing himself and how couldn't the magician be happy about that and he wasn't late with showing it either, giving off a happy smile that almost hurt his cheeks since he hadn't been smiling like that for a long time. I'm going to hold you to that. He thought for himself while he adjusted his position to something more comfortable before he hugged his hand more tightly in his intertwined grip. However, Luca's sentence didn't stop there and he once again tried to tell Aizik that he should be resting. Giving off a playful smile he just couldn't resist on being in one of his moods, hoping Luca wouldn't be offended by it.

"Sounds like you're going to nag on me until I obey."

Aizik said in a teasing way, the same way he had yesterday when he teased Luca about being carried by his shadows. He just couldn't resist the urge to be a little playful after everything that had happened today. Didn't he deserve to just relax for a moment and tease the innocent and childish man in his arms? They were lying in bed like Luca wanted, but he couldn't help but wonder what the man would do to him if he didn't rest? What was the penalty for not doing like said?

"What would you do if I didn't obey? What would you if I got out of bed right now and started walking around, endlessly around the house? Damaging my body further?"

Why would he do that? The punishment might be worth it. It wasn't like he was actually considering walking around just to be punished by Luca later, but depending on what Luca answered, he might consider it. He wondered if Luca was even up for these games right now, but it was a chance he was willing to take. If Luca didn't want to play, he could just say so and Aizik would stop... probably... maybe..

While Aizik was thinking about his leg and how it had been hurting just a moment ago, he started thinking about Luca. He was reminded that a few moments earlier he had been stuck in a hole with his leg and he hadn't been walking the same after that. Aizik had tried to ask about it before, but at that time Luca had been too consumed in Aizik's injuries to give him a definite answer. Now that everything was a little calmer, he wanted to know exactly how he was feeling.

"I'm not the only who has had a rough day... How is your leg?"

He asked, pretty much confirming that he had been following him right from the moment he left the safety of the tree, but he didn't care right now. He needed to know if he was fine and how big the damage was... Not that he could do anything about it while he himself was injured, but he could offer the tea that Luca had brought for him. Although it wouldn't be possible for him to take it while Aizik was holding on to him like this, so no. There was nothing he could do about it at the moment.

• Saga locked this topic