Behind the fence [xAkachix&Hideki] (Private)

-Hideki-

Veit Jäger

arch_and_point____levi_x_reader__18___by_summerlove57-d8fiodw.jpg

Height: 1.81m

Hair colour: blond

Eye colour: right eye: blue left eye: grey

Nationality: German

Languages: German; English

Sexual orientation: homosexual

Occupation: Normally: Tailor Currently: Guard at a prisoner of war camp

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The silhouette of the guard tower was mixing with the fog and the grey sky. His pale eyes looked up to it as if it was his dream house, as if that was heaven on earth. He had spent most hours of the last months up there and had been supposed to watch who was entering the prisoner of war camp and who was leaving it and to an extent he had done his duty, even though most of the time he had let his thoughts flow and leave reality into wonderland. Sometimes he had taken his notebook and had drawn beautiful landscapes or ideas for clothes into it and most of all he had enjoyed the silence up there, being alone, without his comrades or the prisoner.

To Veit Jäger the guard tower was the best place in the whole camp and he hadn’t had any ambition to get another position at all. However some genius had had the splendid idea to give him a promotion and gone was his tower. Lucky him! And now he was down there, having to engage in what was going on. It apparently hadn’t helped him to keep it a secret that he was able to understand and speak English. He hadn’t told them when he had to start this job because he hadn’t wanted them to assign him any responsibility for anything in the camp.

There he was now though, walking through the mud behind some higher ranks because there were some more inmates coming. Why were they all so keen on a free stay in their camp all of a sudden? He asked himself jokingly and heard how the gate was opened behind them.

It didn’t take long and he was standing behind his superiors in front of some captured allied soldiers who were standing in a row.

Veit just stood there as if he was decoration, making a grumpy face because they had told him not to stand there and smile at the “bloody prisoners” like a “mongoloid idiot”, holding his weapon as if it had already become a part of his body.

Every time new inmates arrived it was the same old game. His superiors yelled at the foreign soldiers in German so loudly that probably somewhere outside of the camp a bird had had a heart attack and fell from the tree. He had never understood why they were shouting like that. Certainly those men would understand just as much or more likely as little if they just told them in a normal tone of voice. It would also be nicer for Veit’s ears and the birds.

Somehow it seemed like yelling was just something inventible at that place if he liked to hear it or not.

Because it started to get boring the guard intensified his grumpy face, trying to see just how grumpy it could get. When the muscles of his face started to tense, he stopped and just looked at the scenario in front of him again and to him they all looked ridiculous. His superiors who were trying to be intimidating shouting like that and the captured allied soldiers with their displeased and defeated faces alike, it was nearly comedic. He himself probably looked like a joke as well. Just everything that was happening was a really bad joke and he didn’t want to take any of it seriously! The war was a joke! Soldiers a joke! That camp was a joke! Paragraph §175 a joke! Politics were a joke! They were living in a morbid, dark joke and even if that joke would end once, the following generations of human beings would create their own gigantic jokes again.

The guards mismatching eyes were wandering over the new inmates rather disinterested until they stopped at one man who caught them. There was something about him that made him curious. He examined him from head to toe and had to admit that he was handsome. Veit wondered how he had ended up in their lovely holiday camp. He wondered why he even was a soldier? Out of a sense of duty? Patriotism? Hate? Because his moral code told him it was right to fight against them, the evil?

When he realised that he had stared too long into that man’s face, he looked elsewhere asking himself why he even wanted to know that or had looked at him. And then he had to keep himself from laughing about himself. He was what they called a degenerate, a sodomite after all.

His situation wasn’t funny at all but at the same time he wanted to laugh really badly. But he wasn’t allowed to so he kept his face as it was, letting his mind run away from the camp and the present again.

While he was dozing off like that someone had apparently given him an order. He just realised it when his enraged superior was now shouting at him like he had shouted at the inmates before.

“Jäger, are you deaf or just mentally retarded? I said you bring them into their barrack!”

Veit took a deep breath,” Now I wish I was deaf!” he remarked because of the shouting directly into his ear. The young guard noticed that he shouldn’t have said that when his superiors head turned red from anger and his veins were pulsating dangerously.

“What have you just said?” he barked and the blond man shook his head saying:” Nothing, Sir!” He was dismissed with an:” I hope that for you, Jäger!” from his superior and then started to walk next to the inmates not very motivated for what he immediately got an order screamed after him:” Faster Jäger!”

While he was walking behind the row of the new prisoners he had to watch together with two other comrades his eyes wandered off again and seemed to be glued onto only one new inmate. That man he had stared at before.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xAkachix

• -Hideki-

• Gladis

309c59b657eb8cd792bbc1514141601e.jpg

Nathaniel Jameson

Nicknames: Nate

Height: 1.76m

Hair color: Brown and shaggy

Eye color: Green

Nationality: English

Languages: English

Sexual orientation: homosexual

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nate moved slowly into the prisoner camp trying not stumble as he was pushed and shoved and screamed at to hurry up It didn't take a genius to figure out what they were screaming at me in German. Nate simply tried to go faster and finally made it into the muddy area of his new home a German Prisoner of war camp he really hoped the stories he had heard weren't true.

He stood there while what looked like German officers did nothing but scream to see who could go the loudest I swear I had been in the pits during bombing and gun fire attacks and they didn't seem this loud I really tried to resist but I couldn't help it I rolled my eyes and tried to rub the pay away from my left leg.

My left leg, chest and right arm were still healing I had a lot of bruises a couple of wounds and other wounds that were almost healed but not quite but I had been given the all clear to be brought here by the medical staff Honestly I found it surprising I was even permitted to live .

I looked around in the hopes to get a better idea of my surroundings and that's when I noticed him just a little behind the officers, at least what appeared to be a German prison guard thought personally it didn't fit him.

He had to be the most handsome man Nate had ever seen with blonde hair that fell just so and his odd eyes one blue and one gray and then there was his wide tall frame Nate felt the familiar stirrings but tampered them down no that cannot happen here not now not with these people.

He was startled out of his revery when the last screaming officer turned his anger on the blonde confident male he was curious to know what was being said be he got the gist of it the blonde was getting told off for something or other at least that's what it looked like.

They were moving again his leg was aching making his limp more pronounced he tried to walk normally tried to hide it from every cuss being weak would make him an easy target he knew that all too well so he fell into line and followed the prison guard and the other prisnors through the mud to the a large squat building behind wire fence surrounded by towers surrounded towers he cast his gaze around and what he noticed was there was a awful lot of guns .

While he was really trying to not look at that inmate like this anymore he just couldn’t avert his eyes for some reason. That brown hair that unlike his own slick back hair looked a little wild, the scar on his face which he was curious about and those green eyes that were just as intense as the colour of the leaves of an oak tree during spring. All of that attracted him immediately and his gaze was just drawn back to him automatically, no matter how much he tried to look elsewhere.

Since he was eying the soldier that closely he realised that the man was walking a little strangely and apparently struggled doing so. He wouldn’t have noticed if he hadn’t paid him that much attention, too much attention, in a way that he wasn’t supposed to. It was bad enough that he was attracted to fellow men, as that could get him executed or a free journey into a concentration camp as an inmate, and those camps were even ‘nicer’ than that wellness resort he was working in, but looking at a prisoner of war like that, he didn’t even want to think about the consequences this could have.

Apparently the man was trying to hide his limp and Veit knew why he was doing that, if he had been in his place he would have done the same.

They led the men into the barrack and the blond let his comrades order the prisoners around. As always when new inmates arrived it got a little chaotic, even though they were well organised and tried to keep chaos at a minimum.

The guard watched the handsome inmate and he really wanted to talk to him, wanted to know how the voice that belonged to that handsome face sounded like.

If he would talk to him he would reveal to him that he could speak his language though and maybe he wouldn’t even bother answering him if what he said weren’t orders or anything along those lines. Even though his reason told him to let it be and not approach this man he was walking towards him already. When he stood in front of the Englishman he felt a weird kind of nervousness that was unfamiliar to him. Veit was a confident person and even though he could be rather introverted at times he never had had any trouble initiating a conversation. But this was not a normal situation. The other man probably just saw an enemy, a bad person in him, maybe he even hated him and had predefined judgments about him in his mind because he was German. Most likely he didn’t want to talk to him but the blond started to talk anyway, quietly to not let his comrades know that he didn’t speak in German:“Hey! It’s not exactly the Adlon here but it is better than other camps.” The guard had a heavy accent but regardless of that he spoke fluently. “I’ve noticed that you had some trouble walking, are you injured?” he wanted to know and since he couldn’t bear any second of silence at this moment he just kept talking. “You might want to choose a bed near the door then and I also wouldn’t choose the upper bed.” He suggested and then said:”Oh well, äähm, just let me know if you need any help or medical care or something.”

The young guard turned around when he heard the voice of one of his comrades talking to him:”Jäger what are you doing?” Veit sighed, he was such an idiot. What was he doing there indeed? What was he hoping to achieve by doing that? “Instructing the inmate quite obviously, you fucking fish!” he replied and then turned his face around to the English soldier again smiling at him in an open and disarming way. "You'd do me a great favour if you didn't tell them that I can speak English as I really don't want another promotion."

Finally inside the barracks the only things on Nate's mind was getting off his feet by now his whole leg was throbbing as the pain killers he was given that morning before being released had finally worn off completely Nate could feel his brow creased with concentration at not showing the pain the other thing on his mind right then was the blonde guard that he had noticed kept watching him with oddly soft and curious expression crossing his features .

What did he want and why did he only keep looking at me was he always a soldier or was there a whole different man behind the uniform ... For god's sake, what was he thinking he was letting his curiosity jeopardize to his own survival being curious about anyone here especially a German was too dangerous he had to get himself together and forget about the very sexy blonde.

That was not to be however as just as Nate had finally come to a resolution about his own troubling thoughts the very topic of his mind wanderings crossed over to the room and began talking to him his oddly coloured eyes warm and flashing it made strange sensations he had never felt before settle in his chest and stomach and to his greater shock he spoke English though he spoke low and urgently so as not to be caught Nate took a sharp inhale of breath and was taken aback by the low accented rumbled of English that reached his ears and made his trousers embarrassingly tight.

He ignored the first comment about the camp being nicer than the others I mean is there really a nice war camp anywhere in the world , He may have lucked out getting a camp that has a lower death and kills rate but he was still held prisoner and the guards and officers were still German assholes well okay this blonde man wasn't like most here he seemed a lot quieter and didn't seem to fit in but still.

"I will take a bed near the door thank you and as for the rest well that's my own business " his voice was deep and gravely like he had smoked 60 packs of smokes a day not that he had ever smoked a day in his life he couldn't stand the taste.

As the guard was distracted by another Guard he moved away trying to distance himself from the guard and took the lower bed right beside the door noting he was alone there in that little corner at least for the time being and took a seat on the bed letting his legs rest and so not to be disturbed by anyone he closed his eyes pretending to sleep until real sleep claimed him.

Walking off together with his two comrades he laughed about a joke he hadn’t even paid any attention to and didn’t know whether it was actually funny or not.

His mind circled around that soldier and he realised that he had forgotten to ask his name.

He had thanked him but Veit didn’t know if he really had meant it or just done it because he was a guard. The other man had been quite distanced but that hadn’t been a surprise, of course he was, the German himself wouldn’t have talked to an English prison guard casually if the situations had been reverse.

He tried to listen to what his comrades said and it was a really uninteresting conversation about which pub in the little town near the camp sold the best beer for the cheapest prices. Veit got along with them and he actually liked some of them but ever since his mother had made him join the Wehrmacht he had deliberately stayed away from the others in order to not get to close to any of them. The blond had been scared that he might start to feel attraction towards one of them or fall in love or anything like that. It hadn’t happened though but he now knew that if he actually had been attracted to any of them like that his plan wouldn’t have worked. And that made him think about the English guy again. The German had felt that attraction, that impulse, this weird vibe the first moment he had seen that man without even knowing anything about him. It made him realise that he just couldn’t protect himself from his sexual orientation, from desiring other men.

In about thirty minutes they would bring the inmates to their work he knew and that made him think about what he had said to that man, that their camp was better than, say, a concentration camp.

Sure, they had labour to do but it was actual work and not letting the inmates senselessly drag stones from one point to the other to torture them and make them collapse from exhaustion.

Hence, the possibility to survive this mess was way higher. His mind wandered about to his ex-boyfriend who was probably dragging some rocks in a concentration camp right now, in case he was still alive that was.

Veit had broken up with him after the seizure of power of the NSDAP in order to protect his careless ex-boyfriend from getting his arse arrested. Tom, his ex-boyfriend, however had not understood it and had called Veit an egotistical coward and someday, when the former Tailor had gotten home from the front for vacation his mum had told him that Tom had apparently slept around with some men, a neighbour had realised it, the neighbour had denounced him to the Gestapo and the Gestapo had taken him away and gone he was. The blond had never seen him again and probably won’t ever see him again or know whether he lived or was dead.

His mismatching eyes were wandering over their duty roster and he saw that he was supposed to watch the prisoners who were supposed to clean everything. It displeased him. Normally he didn’t care what he was supposed to do he wasn’t fond of any of it but that brown haired, green eyed soldier would probably be in the group that was doing manufacturing.

When he saw Krause, one of the men who was supposed to watch the inmates in the manufacturing hall, he went up to him. “Hey, Krause, would you switch duties with me today?” he asked him and the older man with the dark hair looked at him questioningly. “Why?” he wanted to know and Veit clickd his tongue. “I think I’ve caught a cold and I would rather just stay inside and at one place you know.” He lied and Krause shrugged and said:” Fine with me.”, before he went off.

When he was standing in the manufacturing hall next to Kowalski, the other guard he would be working with, the twenty two year old guy with the ash hair seemed rather pleased that he was working with Veit and not Krause today. Veit thought about Jonas Kowalski as a decent and easygoing fellow. The youngster had once said that he wouldn’t shout like that because it wasn’t good for his vocal cords to constantly be yelling. The blond stood next to the way shorter man while they watched the prisoners taking their places. When all of them had a place Kowalski started to instruct the new ones. The shorter guy looked like the opposite of Veit. He was broad, buff and rather square, Jäger on the other hand was athletic and had a lean bone structure.

“You’re not gonna tell on me if I smoke inside are you?” Jonas asked him and Veit laughed. “I certainly won’t.” He answered and Kowalski lightened his cigarette. Since his comrade was busy now doing nothing it was on him to walk through the rows and to make sure that the inmates made everything right. He couldn’t really be bothered about the manufacturing though because he had seen that man again. The blond had been right and the newbie had been sorted into the manufacturing group.

Making it seem as if he cared about the inmate’s work he walked around until he stopped at the Englishman’s place. He smiled widely when he leaned over him, seemingly to correct his work.

However he did something differently, he didn’t lean in from the side, he leaned over him making his chest touch the others back. The German grabbed the parts of the thing the other had to put together and his skilled hands were putting it together professionally and really fast, while he whispered into the others ear:”I’ve understood that you have a lot of pride and you don’t want my help, I will respect that. I’m really stubborn, I’m pushy and I’m an idiot who doesn’t know when to give up though, hence regardless of the fact that you obviously don’t want to talk to me I will try it again and again until the end of time.” He laughed in his throaty way and by now he had already finished five parts of the other mans work, what was a little much for a demonstration of how to do it.

“So....” he started to talk again and gave the other the finished object into his hand just so that he was able to touch his hand for a few seconds :”...would you at least tell me your name?”

He shortly checked whether Kowalski was paying him any mind but the young man didn’t, he was reading some letter. Veit placed his hand on the English soldiers shoulder and stroke it with his thumb. For a moment he let it rest there but then he heard some other inmates in the row behind them mumbling. A Scotsman said:” That blond German is a complete fag, a blind man would see it. You don’t believe me mate, let’s make a bet!” and he could also hear his fellow inmate answer:” You’re imagining things, plus, we don’t own anything to bet and you couldn’t even prove this anyway unless he fucked you or something.”

The blond took away his hand immediately. He hadn’t thought that he had been this obvious with his gestures and he had to be more careful. Taking a deep breath he continued his round and actually got out of his way to criticise the Scotsman’s work and letting him restart again because he had called him a fag. The inmate didn’t know why though as he couldn’t know that Veit had understood and heard what he had said about him.

Next thing he noticed was a punch against the wall and Kowalski’s voice saying:”No! Jesus! Fuck, no!”

The younger soldier crumpled up the letter and through it onto the ground. Veit saw how Jonas hands ran over his face and he let the Scotsman be who still didn’t get why the blond had targeted him and went up to Kowalski. He took up the crumpled paper and gave it back to him. “You shouldn’t let it lay down there. What has happened?” he asked and the buff guy with the ash hair snapped:” My brother, my nineteen year old brother is dead, died on the Eastern front for this stupid ass war, for fucking nothing. If they want that fucking war so badly why don’t those disgusting, lunatic cowards fight it themselves instead of making us bleed for their shit! We can’t win this! No one can fucking win this. Everyone only loses! Everyone!!!” Veit pressed his hand onto Kowalski’s mouth to shut him up because everything he had just said was forbidden to say. “Shut it you moron.” The blond scolded him and added:” Don’t make yourself unhappy!” When Veit freed the others mouth again he snorted and answered:” Why? Do you think those English guys care?” The former tailor shook his head:” No, but the walls are thin and have ears and eyes!”

Kowalski started to sort himself again and then said:” Do you know what the worst is? My wife is pregnant!” The blond was confused for a moment and then replied with:” Congratulations, that’s great.” The younger one shook his head immensely:” No, Jesus, no, don’t say that! I’m praying every single day for it to be girl because if it’s a boy it will end like my brother anyway, with a freaking bullet in his head.”

Veit smacked the young man’s back in a collegial way and commented:” You’re an okay guy but you have to better control yourself and shouldn’t lose your countenance like that.”

Kowalski laughed a dry laugh:”Probably. You are a decent fellow as well but you shouldn’t do the work of the inmate’s man!” While his comrade said that Kowalski’s brown eyes went to the Englishman with the scar on his face and the blond sighed:”I haven’t I just showed him how it’s done.”

Now Jonas seemed really amused:” Five times Jäger?”

When the shift ended late in the evening and the inmates were supposed to put back their stuff and clean up, there was that slight chaos again that Veit intended to use. He appeared next to the brunette again and without realising it he grabbed his wrist. Since he didn’t know how to start he just complimented him:”You’ve done a good job. Not that it matters to you or anything.” He laughed and let go of the others wrist when he realised that he had touched the man again. For a moment he just watched him in the eyes and he really couldn’t tell why he was on the battlefield, it didn’t suit him.

“How have you ended up here? I mean, sure our country is really beautiful, we have great landscapes and a rich culture but your timing is rather off. So why does someone with gentle eyes like yours decide to come here to fight?” he craved knowledge about the other. “I don’t think you were always a soldier. Let me guess, you were in the social field before? You are a caring guy? Were you a doctor, a sociologist, a teacher perhaps?” he speculated and hoped for an answer even though he knew that there was a high chance that the other would reject the conversation he was trying to start again.

Nathaniel was roused from his sleep by a large calloused hand shaking him violently and he grasped the hand firmly and held it away from his aching body "Damn it I,m awake lay off mac I,m still healing and you're giving me seasickness " he had said in a bad mood.

He eyed the Scotchman with a hard stare and stood up noticing he was slightly taller but about the same width through the chest except Nates was flat and chiseled from years of running and swimming Nate had never been one to sit still where Mac's were acquired through hard labor in Scotland.

" So whats with the blonde you looked like you were getting cozy earlier what is the German a fag or something " asked to Scotsman in his accent a little thicker than usual from talking of something he found distasteful at least that what he thought as his accent was normally dulled down so it was clear and easy to understand.

Nate felt irritated by Macs crude words but didn't react he had plenty of practice being cool under pleasure over the years and that's what he called on right now " relax Mac he was just talking German I think he was asking about my injuries but who the hell knows I am guessing he,s doing his job not hitting on me or are you jealous mac cuss you want the blonde for your self " I sound in a low conspiratorial whisper that everyone could hear and they all guffawed and teased mac mercilessly.

But before we knew it we were back out into the mud and being dragged to another block of buildings Nater moved quietly working to keep perfect stride with his fellow comrades in arms and was ushered inside and set to work stations and expected to to labour Nate had noticed as he entered the guards were the blonde and another shorter a man he hadn't realised it but he had groaned out loud and was getting odd look so he simply told a half truth to hide what he really felt.

" My leg is hurting some " he whispered low so as not to attracted attention.

The men all around him nodded at him and gave their sympathies before moving away and we started work nates larger hand found it a little difficult to move and place the pieces together easily and before he could do anything about it that German was back and he was pressed into his back making late shift he listened and remained quiet the first time the male talked to him maybe if he didn't respond then maybe he would be left alone.

he was finally saved by the other guards mutterings and what Nate thought of as curses he went away and his rigid form instantaneously relaxed immediately what the hell was wrong with this man and why was he only talking and bothering him had he been marked to be the one the guards or officers mess with the one that would be made the example for the others?

Nate just really didn't understand the man thinking it was beyond him but them again Nate was a simple creature he never thought too hard about things unless it was in regards to teaching his students.

Nathaniel was taken aback when he was taken by the when he was gripped at the wrist as a commotion was taken place behind him he turned and as he suspected the blonde guard had him he relaxed when the blonde let go he looked at him and sighed resigned.

" My name is Nathaniel, I just want to live quietly get through this and if I can get home alive back to my kids that's all I want I don't understand you or why the sudden interest I just don't need the grief so please just leave me alone " He looked around worriedly and walked away to the others and walked back to our new bunk house for however long we are here he kept throwing glances at the blonde he liked the male and he liked watching him.

A dry laugh escaped him and he felt an odd tension rising in him. Veit had been nearly certain that this guy was like him but apparently he had been wrong, at least it seemed so as the other had kids.

The blond smiled at Nathaniel but it was a stiff smile that let show that something troubled him.

“Be assured that I don’t mean any harm and never intended to cause you misery, Nathaniel!” he started talking and sounded a little pained when he said:” I’m not a freaking monster you know, I’m just a normal, well, for the most part normal guy. You don’t have to understand me, I don’t even understand myself sometimes. When I saw you I thought you looked like a likeable man and I got curious about you, that’s all.”

He bit his lip, stared at the ceiling and then back to the other man:”Don’t we all want to survive this though? Isn’t the will to survive part of human nature? You want to live, I want to live, Kowalski wants to live and that arsehole who called me a fag wants to live as well. And I personally wish that all of us will survive.” Veit held the other by his shoulder then because he looked like he would run off otherwise:”But in order to survive and to get back home to your lady wife and your kids, it would be smarter to accept a helping hand and medical care, when you obviously need it. Think about it, your wife and children will thank you for it later. Sure, I don’t have a wife or kids but I have lost my father in the first war, so I know how that feels. And I would like to spare as many other kids that fate as possible.”

As soon as he let go of the others shoulder Nathaniel rushed away from him as if he was an alligator or something else that was dangerous and uncomfortable to be around. And even though he had expected rejection it was still somewhat uncomfortable. He didn’t know what felt worse though, that the other thought he was trying to harm him somehow or that he seemingly was a husband and father.

Veit was generally prone to dozing off but when he, together with Kowalski brought the inmates back into the barracks he was completely elsewhere. What was worse was that Jonas noticed it. “What’s wrong with you mate? You look like someone just emptied a bucket of ice cold water over your head.” The ash haired commented and the blond didn’t answer.

When he was finally about to leave the barrack again he felt that someone was looking at him from behind. He turned around and saw that it was Nathaniel watching him. Why? He asked himself because the other hadn’t shown any interest in him before but now was clearly looking at him.

He sighed and let it be and when he left the camp hours later he looked up to the guard tower again, longing to be up there the other day, but they wouldn’t give him his old position back, would they?

Maybe he just had to act dumb or do something idiotic?

Standing in front of the door of the house he had rented a room in, he saw that the light in the kitchen was still on. This meant that the old lady who owned the house was up and would probably stop him as soon as he entered and would force him to dine with her and her granddaughter.

The granny, Mrs. Fischer, had liked Veit from day one. She thought he was an impressive, handsome young soldier, who did his duty for their great country and who had a sense of responsibility. The woman also liked how he looked and always tried to set him up with her granddaughter. Apparently being a thirty one year old single woman without a husband and kids wasn’t acceptable in her eyes; hence she was always searching for marriage candidates for her granddaughter, so that she finally would become a mother.

While Mrs. Fischer romanticised Veit and had told her granddaughter that their children would look amazing, Emma, the granddaughter, absolutely wasn’t into him. She had been like a stone towards him and she didn’t seem to understand that Veit had no intention or interest to be with her as well. But he had got one hit after the other by her. When they had eaten she once had said that Veit wasn’t a real soldier but just a guard dog, a sycophant and a henchman, she had nothing good to say about how he looked too as this was what her grandmother always had put on the pedestal and the blond girl with the curly hair and the green eyes also thought that he seemed boring and autocratic and she didn’t like the grey uniform.

Her grandmother had slapped her face for saying that hard, while Veit had smiled rather helplessly and it had only become more awkward ever since then.

One night he had thought that he had found the reason for her being that angry and defensive towards her grandmother and him. When he had walked home from the pub he had seen her in an ally with a paranoid and tired out looking dark haired man. He had been a handsome guy the blond had thought and he could understand why she was attracted to him but he had not wanted to know anymore of this. This man had definitely been hiding and he hadn't wanted to know who he was why he was hiding and he also would have rather not known that Emma was seeing someone who was hiding from the government, the Gestapo, the SS or whoever. The soldier had decided to not intervene and ignore it as if he had never seen that meeting. And he had done that until one day Emma’s grandmother had asked him how his date with Emma had been and Veit certainly had never gone out with Emma.

He had not told her grandmother the truth but he had confronted Emma, revealing that he had seen her with that man the other night. “I don’t care who that is and what you are doing there, it is your life, but don’t drag me into this! Don’t use me as an excuse!” he had told her and she had started to cry and had said that she had needed to go out and that she had had to tell her grandmother something but she couldn’t tell her the truth. But when she had wanted to inform him about what was going on with the hiding man that she loved he had stopped her:”No! Don’t tell me. I don’t want to have anything to do with this and I don’t want to know. Do what you have to but keep me out of this mess completely.”

Knowing that he would be invited to eat with them he didn’t want to open the door but he had to and it came how he had predicted, Mrs. Fischer insisted that he ate with them and he did. While he was eating his Sauerbraten he noticed that something was off. Not with Mrs. Fischer, the old lady was just as sunny and communicative as she always was, but with Emma. She seemed nervous and fondled that buttons on her blouse constantly. Veits mismatching eyes watched her closely and she tried everything to not having to look him in the eyes. What had she done? The soldier didn’t see anything good or easy coming.

As soon as he had eaten he excused himself because he just wanted to go to sleep and be left alone. But when he walked up the stairs to his room he heard how Emma was trying to get away from her grandmother as well, what the old lady found amusing as she thought that Emma wanted to spend some time with the German soldier.

The blond didn’t care though, he closed his door after him and the first thing he did was getting rid of the shining black boots he wore. Kicking them mindlessly through the room one boot was hitting the wooden door of the wall closet making a loud bang. Just after the bang another noise sounded and it was a man who apparently was frightened by the bang onto the wall closet.

Veit looked at his wall closet and his pale eyes narrowed. He went up to it and yanked it open violently.

He had to take a deep breath to not lose it when he looked into the scared hazel eyes of Emma’s boyfriend.

The man in the closet looked at him and tried to figure out Veit’s reaction to this and when the soldier didn’t say a word but just stared at him, the man said:” Hello! You must be Veit, right? I’m Samuel. Emma told me a lot about you, she said you are an alright guy. It’s funny you know, you look exactly how I have imagined you. Just your eyes are different. I thought they were both blue.”

Veit buried his face in his hands for a moment and made an effort to calm down and not yell at that guy in his room. “My closet doesn’t look like I had imagined it to look when I come home though.” He answered looking into the good looking man’s face. The guy laughed.

A few seconds later Emma had stormed his room trying to explain it to him. Veit felt an enormous anger at her and he hissed at her aggressively:” I told you that I don’t want anything to do with this. Bring him away from here. Not in my room. If someone finds this man and thinks I am hiding him I’m done! What the hell were you thinking when you brought him here?” The green eyed woman started to cry again, letting her desperation show, which led to the man with the dark brown hair crawling out of Veit’s closet holding her in his arms. The blond soldier leaned his head against his wall. “Nooooo....Not in my room. I shouldn’t know any of this. Keep your hands off each other.” he complained and he couldn’t make it sound like he really meant it. He could empathise with them too much.

After Sam had comforted his girlfriend enough Emma started to explain that they were searching the closed down theatre the man had been hiding in that night and that she hadn’t known any other hiding place so she had brought him into Veit’s room.

Knowing that if he sent them away that man would definitely get caught, he couldn’t say no when Emma begged him to let him stay just for two days.

The blond gave the other a pillow and a blanket to take into the closet and then he just tried to forget the situation as best as he could. When he had laid himself to sleep Sam was starting to talk from his closet and Veit just wanted him to stop. He wanted to sleep and not getting any more information about this situation. “Closets don’t talk!” he tried to make the other shut up but Samuel just kept talking about his relationship with Emma the whole night.

When he arrived at the camp the next morning he hadn’t slept a single hour and had had six cups of coffee in the morning. He had dark circles around the mismatching eyes and looked grumpy for real once.

Not only was he in a bad mood, he also was full of anxiety concerning the guy in his closet. If anyone were to find that man in his room Veit would be done. Hiding this guy would have been the last thing that he had done then. He laughed to himself because he had always thought that if they would get him for anything it would have been his homosexuality but now this.

The German didn’t intent to switch duties with Krause that day as Nathaniel would probably thank him for not appearing there. Besides, he now had even more problems to worry about and dealing with an English inmate who could make his heart jump and ache at the same time wouldn’t help him.

However, when he watched the duty roster he saw that his duty had been switched with Krause’s for the whole week. When Krause walked past him he said:” You’re welcome.” And Veit just thanked him. This was a nice gesture as Krause actually believed Veit had a cold but in this moment he just wished he had never lied to Krause and had never switched to get closer to the inmate who felt uncomfortable around him.

Since he now had to look over the inmates in the manufacturing hall the whole week though, he had to cope with his attraction and interest together with the anxiety surrounding Samuel in his closet at home.

This was a whole lot and when he was back in the hall he tried to not look at the handsome Englishman too much. It was easier said than done though, because as soon as his eyes had gotten a hold of him, he felt that weird gravitational force pulling him towards him. He felt like he and that man were both magnetic and he felt powerless confronted with this strong appeal.

Even though he had sworn himself that he wouldn’t bother the other man this time during his work, he walked up to him again and said with a somewhat melancholic face:” I warned you that I’m persistent and an idiot who doesn’t know when he should give it up.” He breathed into the others ear and then let something slip into the injured man’s hand. “Those are painkillers. You can take them, leave them, swap them or get rid of them by throwing them into the latrine.” He let the other know and tried to force himself to speak further, his hands clinging onto the working desk. “If you really dislike me that much and want to get rid of me, if you want me to leave you alone, it is not that easy though, you will have to hurt me! And hurt me that badly and with all your sincerity that I’m cured from this curse. Otherwise I won’t be able to take my eyes off you.”

Nathaniel got back to his shared bunk house and climbed on to his bed and pulled the covers over him feigning sleep so as the others wouldn't bother him as he was lost in thought and didn't really want to talk right now not that he could anyway it took all his effort not to whimper out loud from the never ending cycle of pain in his leg .

What bothered Nathaniel more was the rejected and hurt looked in the blonde mans odd enchanting eyes when he been talking to him and when he had left the bunk house when he had caught Nate watching him Nate had no idea how long had passed since they had arrived in the bunk house as he had lost his watch back when he had been hurt and found by the Germans.

However it didn't really matter about the time right now all he could hear was snores and someone passing gas he turned on his back and noticed the pain had lessened now he was off his leg and it was more bearable but throwing his arms over his face what wasn't bearable he found was that the man he actually was starting to like against his better judgement had thought he had had a wife and child I suppose it was a natural assumption to jump to when he mentioned going back home to his kids.

What he had meant however was something entirely different he wants to go back to the children he taught and teach and smile and laugh and watch their bright young faces light up when they learned something new and exciting those faces were the only thing that had kept him going all this time was what kept him sane.

He had come to a decision tomorrow if he saw the other man he would talk to him and with this decision firmly made in his mind he fell into a deep and untroubled sleep for the first time in a while.

He was awoken the next day a lot like the day before to Mac rousing him from bed and him grumbling how much he hated that Mac was an early riser but he perked up knowing that after breakfast he would see his German again , whoa nelly no not his German uncertain where that uncomfortable thought had come from he rectified it his German friend yes that was better.

He took his place in the work room and started working not looking at anyone and trying not to make it obvious that he was peeking at the blonde he was taken aback by what he saw he looked like he hadn't slept for week and had the weight of the world on his shoulders Nate couldn't help but wonder what was room was it because of their interaction Nate was surprised again when the other male came over and talked to him and handed him pain killers.

" Thank you, oh and I,m not Married I,m a teacher I,m actually single " his tone rough and Deep he ducked his head embarrassed as he slipped the painkillers into a pocket.

He looked back at the Blonde and swallowed as he built up his courage to and spoke low so as not to be over heard by his fellow prisoners or by the other Guard.

" I don't want to hurt you, and I don't dislike you I like you watching me like I watch you it helps me feel like I,m not a stalker or some kind of degenerate and I'll listen if you want to talk about what ever is bothering you ".

Veit smiled like a toddler who had just received a ton of candy when he heard Nathaniel telling him that there was no wife, nor a girlfriend in the others life. For a short moment he felt light and he forgot how damn tired he really was. The fact that the other told him that he was single actually reassured him that he had been right; this guy was like him after all.

“I’m probably not entitled to say that but I am relieved that you’re not married.” He whispered and since he would stand there for some more seconds he was starting to pretend to be showing the inmate something regarding the manufacturing again.

What followed had nearly caused him to laugh but he had been able to control himself. “So you actually do look at me like that. I already thought I’m imagining things.” He said and added in an amused tone:”Compared to me no one looks like a degenerate I suppose, because in the eyes of the public I am one. I was incredibly good, nearly and expert at hiding it though, before I saw you that was. Now I’m more obvious than if they would stitch that pink triangle onto my forehead.” The blond let the manufacturing be and he wanted to initiate body contact between them again but after the comments he had heard last time he thought this wouldn’t be a good idea at all.

“I want to get to know you! Everything! And I hope that you want to get to know me too as I’d love to talk to you. Here isn’t the right place though. Try to leave the barrack after night’s rest. I am the one who is on duty to secure that area of the camp tonight. I’ll be waiting for you behind the barrack, Nathaniel.” He let him know and then continued walking through the rows of working prisoners.

Thinking about meeting him, only the two of them without all of those other inmates and guards around, excited Veit and it made him forget about all the other problems. He didn’t even fear getting caught at that moment. Being able to spend some time with the other would be worth the risk, he thought and he started to whistle while checking and correcting the other men’s work.

The time was going painfully slow that day and when he was finally standing behind the barrack, waiting for the other to meet him every second felt like a bloody year. He got impatient and then he questioned if the other even trusted him enough to break the rules of the camp. He hoped he did. And when he finally saw him he felt a great relief and he could feel his heart beating faster in his chest.

He pointed at the ground next to the wall of the barrack as if it was a sofa and then sat down himself.

His blue and grey eyes looked at the handsome face of the inmate and he moved a little closer towards him.

“As I said, I want to learn more about you, so I’m just going to ask you some questions. You can ask me everything yourself and I will answer them.” He started and then asked:” So I was right with guessing your profession, you are a teacher. What do you teach? And why on earth did you give it up for war? What made you join the army and fight? What is the reason, the cause that had led you here?”

This was the first question that he had asked himself when he had seen the other but there were many more:” How have you injured your leg? Why did our men catch you?”

And then he paused and stopped himself for a moment, just looking at the Englishman again like he had done when he had seen him the first time. Unfortunately he couldn’t get any more closer without literally sitting on the others lap so he let his right hand reach out and he hesitatingly and carefully took Nathaniel’s hand hoping that he wouldn’t pull away, hoping that he would accept it.

It was odd that he wanted to hold his hand because that was probably a childish thing to do but he had never been allowed to or able to holding hands with his former partners. Not even his first crush in middle school. There had been no way they could have done that outside, publically before the Nazis and even less when they had risen to power. So holding the inmates hand right now felt like some kind of liberation or at least it was the illusion of liberation and he wanted that illusion right now because it felt warm and comforting.

Then again it made him think about something else. The allied soldier had used that word as well, degenerate and it made him wonder how the English handled ‘degenerates’ in their country. Was it better than in Germany? Was it the same or could it possibly be worse?

It took him some courage but then he made himself ask it regardless:” How do people in England view men like us? And how are the laws, how are they treated? Better than here or the same?”

He took a deep breath and then said:”The punishment here is concentration camp and forced labour. I once even heard rumours of medical experiments. And for soldiers who engage in homosexual activity between each other execution is the punishment.”

Nate waited impatiently for his bunkmates to all fall asleep and he moved a little stiffly at was it was darker than he expected inside the bunkhouse and he bumped into the side of one of the smaller cupboards which caused him to swear under his breath and rub the knee he had just rammed into the offending article.

" what are you doing Jimmy a few bunks down from him asked half asleep".

" Need to hit the head by bladder is making its self-felt I cannot sleep till I have done it "

"okay" was the only reply he got before Jimmy's snores joined the chorus of others and he made his escape staying to the shadows he made his way from the bunkhouse to the spot that had been given to him as the renduvue point for his first meeting for the deliciously addictive German.

He looked around and found his blonde hidden one he moved Nate joined him he found himself oddly excited and nervous his palms were a little clammy and he wiped them on his pants instinctively running his hands through his hair unsure of what he should do so he joined the other sitting and let him start talking and he listened before answering his questions and asking a few of his own.

" Yes you were right with your guess I am a teacher I love it the way children don't care what or who you are they don't judge you for anything but yourself. teaching them is one of the best pleasures I have ever known the way there faces light up when they are excited or they find out something they never knew its amazing.

I joined the war as many others did in my country we were drafted only those who have weak constitustions or have very rich parents escape the draft, I was a orphan and raised in various institutions passed around from place to place till I was old enough I was taught and I become a teacher in my last intitution that took in children and taught them to be productive after many years I was recommend as a tutor to a private boys school by the old head master before he retired.

How I ended up here however I was dispatched with a small survaliance group about 40 miles from here to report on what was happening in this area how many soliders and such comings and goings little did we know we had a spy in our ranks and on the 5th night we were ambushed I was injured trying to drag a wounded friend away he died in my arms before I lost conciousness and was dragged away unconcious and woke up in the hospital I honestly don't remeber how I got or how long I was in the hospital for the next thing Iknow was I was being told I was stable enough to be moved and being forced to dress by an officer and shackled and forced onto the transport I was moved to hear on with the others."

He felt the blod watching him he tensed as he felt the others hand touch his but relaxed and took his hand as he spoke it felt comfortable he wanted to do more he had done for a while he had been so curious about the others lips wanted to hold him touch him but he settled for this for now.

Holding the blonde's hand he leaned against him quietly unsure if it would be welcome and ready to move if that was the case but he spoke steadily anyway to keep the chat going .

" English don't have concentration camps and as long as what you do with other men is private and not done publicly and you do not show any outward sighs of affection above the norm people tend to let things go un noticed, However should you be found out people tend to be outraged and the people involed will either be beaten and sent to seperate work houses or something just as un pleasant or they are jailed aas common crimanals you are treated as a outcast and shunned by most of society there are a few who do not care either way".

He shifted around some what unsure how to ask what he was about to ask now .

"Whats bothering you don't have to tell me but you seem really tired and stressed like your on edge " he paused before carrying on.

" I would really like to know you better too I haven't ever been attracted to someone like this before I cannot seem to stop following you with my eyes when your in a room its like I am drawn to seek you out, what did you do before the war you don't seem the type to enjoy the violence so I am assuming you didn't join for the power or glory to your name you mentioned your brother and father before was it something to do with them?" he asked softly not wanting to push his luck and waited quietly for the blondes response watching there hands and gave a soft squeeze to the hand to show silent support.

Hearing about the others passion for teaching he smiled and he could understand that the brunette enjoyed not being judged like that. It was indeed true that most children had a rather open view of the world and didn’t care what one was, well at least if they didn’t get indoctrinated. “Not being judged must be a nice thing for a change I suppose. You probably wouldn’t find that openness in our nation’s children anymore. Having an open mind like a child makes them the perfect target for being indoctrinated by propaganda and with the National Socialistic ideology and Eugenics. Our children are perhaps even more judgmental than our adults because they have been raised to be.” He commented and thought about those kids running around in their uniforms being drilled since early age to soon be taking the place of Veit and the other soldiers.

The blond listened to what Nathaniel told him and he found his story to be quite interesting. He had never thought that the other had grown up in an orphanage. For some reason he had thought the other had had an elegant life what probably had more to do with his own memories regarding the English upper-class people he had met in his childhood than anything present or realistic.

“I hope it isn’t too intrusive to ask this but why have you been an orphan? Did your parents die due to war?” the German prison guard was interested to know and he hoped that the other wouldnÂ’t be offended by him asking something that personal. They didnÂ’t really know each other and were merely strangers after all.

He laughed hopelessly when he heard about the treatment of homosexual men in England. It was too familiar to him. “It had been the same here before the Nazis. Back then I had hoped that it would get better, it actually had seemed to get better at least in Berlin and I also didn’t think it could possibly get any worse.” Veit snorted while still laughing, leaning his head onto the wall of the barrack. “God, I was so wrong! Unlike that Scottish inmate who could tell I was gay, I shouldn’t place bets, because I apparently suck at predicting the outcomes of things.”

When Nathaniel turned to him like this, with a serious face wanting to know what was up with him Veit was a little surprised. “So you could tell huh?” he asked and sighed, scratching his chin with the free hand. He felt the thick stubbles on his chin and realised that he also had forgot to shave in the morning.

“If I would tell you everything that bothers me we would sit here for days, the reason why I am that tired today and why I am that stressed out is rather simple though.” He started and he wasn’t sure as speaking about it was a good idea or not but he did it anyway:”I simply got kept from sleeping by a person about whose existence I rather shouldn’t have known. For his sake, for my sake, for Emma’s sake, for everyone’s sake! I just hope that my closet will keep quiet when I come back home so that I can get at least some rest this time.”

The questions that followed didn’t surprise him at all though. They were similar to those Veit had asked and it just was something that seemed natural to ask in their day and age and he actually liked to talk about what he had done before. A nostalgic, dreamy expression was to see on Veit’s face and his mismatching eyes shone a little what they seldom did those days.

“No, I absolutely don’t enjoy violence. I suck at being needlessly violent actually. I like stories and fairy tales much better. I’m actually more like the German male version Alice in wonderland than anything I suppose.” He laughed about how misplaced he was in the camp and had been on the Eastern front.

“Because I love stories I’m a tailor. It sounds illogical but it makes perfect sense. When I was a kid my grandpa, who was a successful musician, took me with him on his journeys because he thought that every boy needed a male role model and my father had died in the first war. So I got to spend much time at the opera and the theatre, seeing all those characters come to life and those people in their costumes and I wanted to make characters, and visions and images come to life as well. Hence I started to sew costumes.” He paused for a moment, looking up into the black sky with the shining stars that looked so peaceful unlike the camp or anything on the ground.

“My grandpa also took me to his performances in England. One evening we were invited at the mansion of my grandpa’s old friends. They had known each other before the first war and they had stayed in contact. I found the stunning mansion much more interesting than the dinner so I just stood up from the table and was exploring the house. I found a small library and I looked at the books. I knew that I wasn’t allowed to touch anything but I just pulled out a book regardless, looking at the book not being able to understand what I read. While I was doing that the English lady suddenly stood behind me and I thought I would be in huge trouble for just looking at the book like that. I thought she would at least be scolding me and telling my grandpa that I couldn’t behave properly but she didn’t. She just smiled and gave me the book as a gift. I instantly liked her a lot and I wanted to be able to understand the book hence I learned English. I’m generally found of the arts.” He told Nathaniel stroking the others hand with his thumb.

“I really like your countries literature.” He let the other know and then chuckled when he added:” I also thought that you grew up in a mansion like the old ladies house as well. I wonder if she is still alive and if she is I hope she and her family are doing fine.”

The blond then finally realised that he had completely got off the track and that he had not even answered the second question within the question. “I’ve gone off topic, I apologise.” He said and then turned to the other question, shaking his head:” I’m an only child. I’ve mentioned my father dying in the first war though but his death has nothing to do with me being a soldier. If anything this pointless loss of my father would have kept me from becoming a soldier in another useless war.”

This topic wasn’t as nice and easy to talk about than talking about his passion and he took a deep breath before he continued. “I wish I could also say that I am here because I was conscripted and had to join but that would be a lie. I am here because my mother signed me up as a volunteer long before they had to conscript random men. This probably sounds atypical as mothers usually are against their sons going to war especially if they have already lost their husband to another war but my mum actually thought that she would be saving me by doing so.” He said and it was another thing that just felt unreal, that just seemed like an idiotic joke of life to him but that wasn’t one.

“Back in the day I had a boyfriend called Tom. Tom was a careless person and I left him when the Nazis rose to power and toughened §175 because I didn’t want him to get into trouble because of our relationship. I have never told my mother what I am but she definitely knows. She also knew that me and Tom weren’t just friends. She probably had been able to tell by the way we looked at each other or anything. What she didn’t seem to know was that I had already left Tom. So she thought by sending me away from him and home I would be freed from temptation to further engage in a ‘criminal act’.”

Now he busted out in laughter completely and had to try to keep his voice down to not let it be heard.

“Don’t ask me what kind of ridiculous thought pattern that is. ‘My son is a sodomite and desires men, so the best thing to do is to send him away to foreign lands with a bunch of other men to be around every second of the day, that will totally cure his illness’.” He joked and then continued to explain how he had gotten to where he was now.

“I have been on the Eastern front and I turned out to not be a good soldier. I once nearly doomed myself when I refused to shoot a bunch of Polish Jewish civilians. I told that SS officer I wouldn’t be shooting civilians as I am a soldier not an executioner and that guy wasn’t happy about that at all. Fortunately for me my superior wasn’t keen on the SS and told the officer that he had no obligation to give me, a soldier of the Wehrmacht, any orders in the first place. I could keep my head, my rank and continued being a really lousy soldier until I suddenly got send home for vacation. Apparently my mother had started to panic when more and more stories of dead sons and husbands and fathers had started to be heard in the city and when it started to not go that smoothly for us anymore. She then realised that she might had protected me from getting caught and brought away by the Nazis for loving men but that chances were high that I died on the Eastern front now. Hence, she had agreed to sexual advances a high ranking Nazi official had made her and the first thing I heard when I came home for the unexpected vacation was that she would marry that man and the second was that Tom had been sleeping around, had gotten caught and dragged away into a concentration camp. My mother had made it seem that I were home on vacation because she wanted me to be at her wedding but after the wedding the Nazi official let me know that I wouldn’t return to the Eastern front because I had another job to do now. He had used his contacts to get me away from the front on my mother’s bidding and that’s how I ended up here in our lovely holiday paradise. I probably should be thankful to both of them because this increases my chance of surviving immensely but I am not. I just can’t be. I hate and despise this man and what he stands for way too much and I am struggling to forgive my mother even though she only did everything to protect me.” He ended his explanation.

Veit felt an unexpected relief and lightness after he had told all of that to the other. He hadn’t talked to anyone about anything that had any meaning whatsoever for a long time because one could never be sure whom their loyalty was for. It was different with an English soldier. It was sure that he wasn’t a Nazi sympathiser or would go and call the Gestapo on him. It was ridiculous that it was safer to talk to the so called “enemy” than with the own people and it was also quite sad.

When he felt the other man squeezing his hand he felt his heart jumping way to high. He turned more towards him and looked into those green eyes. “I have never felt that kind of attraction to anyone as well. And I think it is exciting but frightening at the same time, because it seems completely out of my control. Something I can’t do anything about I just long to be close to you, to touch you no matter the consequences. It’s quite new for a control freak like me.” Veit informed the before he leaned forward, strongly pulling Nathaniel's body closer to his, which made it possible to feel the others heart pounding as fast and hard as his own. It felt difficult for him to breathe as he felt the other’s breath on his skin when he closed the last bit of the remaining distance between them and locked his pale, thin lips with the others. Kissing him gently at first but soon intensifying it into a passionate, heated dance of tongues.

Nathaniel's heart raced as his own body reacted to the Blonde males touch his stomach tightened and he felt his groin react to the closeness and smell of male a clean soapy scent he couldn't quite place that was all the males scent, Nathaniel shifted to better hide his erection and try and ease the growing ache hidden in his pants.

He listened to the Blonde talk and found his deeply accented speech and tone both soothing and calming to him and incredibly sexy he had no idea how to react to it so he decided it would probably be easier if he simply distracted himself till he had more time to process everything he was feeling as he felt a little overwhelmed at present.

" Yes it is nice watching children's minds wander and dream untouched and unpolluted by adults it makes me sad when I see some of the children from here and Austria in their Uniforms serving ready and willing to do anything there told never being able to be truly children to laugh, play and dream of wonderous and outrageous things it's like they are stripped away to machines it breaks my heart to see "

Nate chuckles as he hears the admission of the other regarding his upbringing his eyes flashed a little he smirked " no none of that I was left in a basket in the back pew of a church and I was found by the priests of the church and taken to an orphanage I have no idea who my parents were or if they are even alive" he said quietly.

Nate lifted his hand not sure what to he wanted to do but he reached out and ran his fingertips over his jaw before letting his hand fall down to his lap.

" Mac can be a jerk sometimes he says things to cause a stir but Mac okay once you get past the surly and a pain the butt shell he has known about my err preference of lovers and has never judged me for it He is saying that stuff because he is imprisoned by enemies in his eyes.

Nate listened to the German talk about his father his mother and his grandfather he smiled as he listened to the man talks about his adventures with his grandfather in England he smiled largely about his tale with the Lady and the book.

" jager is that your name " he tried the name he had overheard the other guards call him. " It sounds like you really loved your grandfather and had some great adventures with him "

" I am curious what was the book and what other literature do you like I myself love to read also but I can imagine you as a tailor I bet you make such wonderful things"

Nate listened as he talked about his mother and all the things that have happened to him and her and how he found his way to the camp he ran his hands up and down the blonde's thigh in a comforting gesture seeing how upset what he was talking about this part of his life.

He listened as he described the story of the male that was in the closet and his worries about being caught Nathaniel worried his bottom lip not wanting anything bad to happen to the other male.

" There's an abandoned farmhouse about 2 hrs south of here near a ruined flower mill it would be a safe place for them both it was meant to be our hide out but we never got to it the Germans never go out there" he needed to offer his help

The attraction between Nate and Jager seemed to grow before his eyes Nate shifted nervously his eyes casting around in case anyone was around his hands trembled and his heart skipped a few beats before it grew faster slamming wildly into his chest making him wonder if he was as fas as a hummingbirds wing beats as it flew from flower to flower it was such an odd thought to have in the middle of warzone while he was trapped in German prisoner of war camp.

Hearing the Germans confession about their growing attraction he couldn't help but duck his head a little happiness , longing and something more intense and undefinable filled his chest it scared him a little but also excited him and he leaned forward as the blonde did and let his warm damp lips meet the blondes dry firm ones a soft very low moan escaped his chest as he kissed the blonde first lightly at first as he explored the others kiss letting his tongue brush lightly across the lips of the other before becoming more passionate and shifting closer to get a better angle as the kiss escalated into some wild thing that neither could control and Nate didn't want to, he like the way this man held him kissed his felt right and he wanted more of this wonderful man with is strangely beautiful eyes.

Veit looked at the other raising one eyebrow at what he said about the Scotsman. It wasn’t that he thought the man was a bad guy – he understood that he was their enemy and that one always looked at the weak spots of their enemies and Veit’s weak spot was that he loved men – he wouldn’t have thought that he or anyone of Nathaniel’s comrades knew though.

“How did he come to know that?” he asked curiously because he couldn’t imagine any soldier talking openly to his comrades about it, it was completely absurd to him. “He didn’t sound like someone who would be okay with it either or it really was just because of my nationality. But isn’t it dangerous that any of your comrades know that about you?”

The German couldn’t even think of what would happen if any of his comrades knew his sexual orientation. The one who would find out would hold power over him from that moment on.

The blond chuckled at the other saying his last name and he nodded. “Jäger is my family name. Veit is my given name and I’d prefer you to use that instead.” he let the other know thinking about his grandfather when the other hinted at their adventures. “Yes, it was an interesting and great time. I have been to so many nice places and I have learned so much and I still really miss my grandfather sometimes. He left the country 1933 in favour of New York. He said he wouldn’t want to live in a country governed by such people. But my mum refused to leave home and I thought I couldn’t just leave her all alone that’s why I stayed. In retrospect I should have left with my grandpa. Had I known that she would register me as a volunteer for the Wehrmacht and send me away anyway I would have definitely left.” He explained and while he was talking he couldn’t help but feeling anger about his mother once more.

Feeling the others hand stroking his thigh to comfort him had not only that affect on him. The touch felt electric as every touch with the English inmate so far and the place he was being touched made him even more aroused than he already was and it made it harder for him to concentrate on the conversation because his mind was slowly overflowing with excitement.

Despite his attention not being completely on the topic anymore he was thankful for the information about the farmhouse. He just had to find a way to get Sam there without him getting caught before he even got there. “Thank you. This might save more than just one life.” He thanked Nathaniel before they started to make out.

The way the other moaned in such a soft and low way turned him on even more and their kiss soon escalated, their tongues wrestling, their salvia mixing and Veit’s left hand running over the inmate’s body under his shirt, tracing his muscles and teasing his nipples.

The prison guard felt how his blood rushed into his lower region but he didn’t care whether Nathaniel could feel his boner or not, especially since he could feel the others hard dick through the fabrics of their trousers as well leading to him heating up more and pressing his body even closer letting their dicks touch.

Running out of breath he had to unlock the kiss, looking into the green eyes with a heated, horny expression that screamed that he wanted him, that he desired him. His lips found the Englishman’s neck and he tasted the others salty skin while inhaling his manly, delicious smell while he showered him with intense kisses from the neck down to his collar bones. Even though he tried to not leave any marks, he wasn’t successful.

Veit let his right hand run up the others thigh now until he grabbed the others crotch starting to touch his rock hard member through the clothes. He was too impatient to not free the inmate's cock from its imprisonment so he pulled down his pants getting out the others throbbing dick, letting his rough, strong hand stroking his shaft, playing with his foreskin and teasing the tip with his thumb.

While he was pleasuring Nathaniel with his right hand his own dick that was still trapped in the trousers of his grey uniform started to ache and he was getting uncomfortable. He had to at least open the zipper. So he had to stop touching the others torso for a moment even though he didn't want to, hastily undoing his belt and then opening the trousers with his left hand, getting freeing his erect pulsating veiny member, before he pulled the other into another heated kiss again.

Veit wanted to pin the brunette down onto the ground; he wanted to do him, to be inside of him but throwing the other and himself right into the mud with their whole bodies wasn’t a good idea and the others would definitely realise that one inmate and one guard were covered in mud from head to toe and it would definitely draw suspicion towards them. This place wasn’t ideal and he knew that he had to think about something better, cleaner for them to meet next time.

Though Nate had planned on answering Veit now he knew his name he smiled he liked it somehow it suited him it exuded strength and confidence much like the man in his arms did at least to his mind Nates thoughts soon morphed into another direction as their kiss become more frenzied and greedy.

Any thoughts on a reply or any further questions went out the window when he felt the others calloused hand slip under his shirt and tease his nipples causing his back to bow thrusting his chest into the Germans exploring hand much to Nathaniel pleasure and horror as it was a serious erogenous zone and if he kept at it much longer he wouldn't need anyone to touch his member he would be erupting like a randy untried schoolboy in his pants.

Nate reached over as he moved even closer to the German and let his hands move from his thighs upwards his green eyes meeting Veits Mismatched eyes as he bared his neck giving Veit better access to him with his mouth as Nate watched the German release his own erection.

Unable to help himself, Nate, using his right-hand ground the heel of his palm into the others member before taking hold of the throbbing had mass and stroking it experimentally while his left hand slipped under his shirt and ran over red-hot skin panting as he drove me out of my mind.

"Please Veit Please " He begged unsure what he was asking for as he thrust up into his warm calloused hand as deep ache made itself known the need to fill deep inside almost unbearable.

Unable to withstand the ache he fell to his knee's in the mud beneath him knowing if anyone asked he would simply say his bad leg went from beneath him and he fell into the mud.

He ran his tongue along the underside of Veits member tracing the thick pulsing vein with his tongue before taking the spongy head into his mouth and tracing his tongue around and over the head greedily his tongue dipping in and out of the slit before he takes more of the fleshy length into his mouth till the swollen head hits the back of his throat making him swallow as he starts to bob his head around the fleshy length my green eyes meeting his mismatched eyes and humming in pure delight as the salty tangy taste of his precum explodes across my tongue.

Though Nate had planned on answering Veit now he knew his name he smiled he liked it somehow it suited him it exuded strength and confidence much like the man in his arms did at least to his mind Nates thoughts soon morphed into another direction as their kiss become more frenzied and greedy.

Any thoughts on a reply or any further questions went out the window when he felt the others calloused hand slip under his shirt and tease his nipples causing his back to bow thrusting his chest into the Germans exploring hand much to Nathaniel pleasure and horror as it was a serious erogenous zone and if he kept at it much longer he wouldn't need anyone to touch his member he would be erupting like a randy untried schoolboy in his pants.

Nate reached over as he moved even closer to the German and let his hands move from his thighs upwards his green eyes meeting Veits Mismatched eyes as he bared his neck giving Veit better access to him with his mouth as Nate watched the German release his own erection.

Unable to help himself, Nate, using his right-hand ground the heel of his palm into the others member before taking hold of the throbbing had mass and stroking it experimentally while his left hand slipped under his shirt and ran over red-hot skin panting as he drove me out of my mind.

"Please Veit Please " He begged unsure what he was asking for as he thrust up into his warm calloused hand as deep ache made itself known the need to fill deep inside almost unbearable.

Unable to withstand the ache he fell to his knee's in the mud beneath him knowing if anyone asked he would simply say his bad leg went from beneath him and he fell into the mud.

He ran his tongue along the underside of Veits member tracing the thick pulsing vein with his tongue before taking the spongy head into his mouth and tracing his tongue around and over the head greedily his tongue dipping in and out of the slit before he takes more of the fleshy length into his mouth till the swollen head hits the back of his throat making him swallow as he starts to bob his head around the fleshy length my green eyes meeting his mismatched eyes and humming in pure delight as the salty tangy taste of his precum explodes across my tongue.

Veit tightened his grip around the others member while the movements of his hand became faster and more intense.

It hit him like lightning that was running through his body when Nathaniel touched the blond’s dick now. He couldn’t even really remember when the last time had been that someone had touched him there, except from himself while jerking off and the staff surgeon during check-up which was everything but pleasant.

The German’s breath started to get heavier and his heart beat faster, while the inmate was touching his cock in such a way. While he clearly enjoyed the touch it wasn’t enough, he was greedy, he wanted them to do more, he wanted everything and apparently the Englishman felt the same way as he pleaded and begged Veit for something unspecific that led him to that conclusion and made his desire run rampage.

How was he supposed to think clearly this way? He couldn’t. As soon as he had heard the other exclaiming his name in that tone of voice, with that facial expression on he couldn’t think straight anymore and there was only lust left on his mind.

However before he could react he saw Nathaniel going down on his knees before him. For a second he was worried but then he felt the others hot tongue teasing his dick, the pulsating vein and the head, making a moan escape him before he felt the other taking the whole length into his wet mouth.

“Fuck, yeah!” he groaned in a husky voice, thrusting his cock into the others mouth adjusting to the rhythm. His whole body went hot; he ran his hands into Nathaniel’s hair pressing him closer while he bathed himself in the pleasure, his dick dripping precum.

When the Englishman looked up to him like that, his dick in his mouth, his green eyes meeting his differently coloured eyes it was a hot, sexy sight that just turned him on more sparking a fire to burn in the Germans pale hungry eyes.

At one point Veit knew that he wouldn’t be able to keep himself from coming much longer if the other continued like that, what he did. His body was burning and he felt the muscles in his body tensing up, his fingers burying themselves into the brown mane of hair when he thrust his dick into the others mouth deeper than he had planned, his face twisting in desire his eyes half closed half opened, when he came in the others mouth with a deep satisfied moan.

Still breathing heavily he looked down to Nathaniel, his dick still hard and greedy as fuck. The German helped the other man up onto his feed again, looking him into the eyes and kissing him like an animal as soon as they were back on eye level.

When he had to catch some breath, he took the time to position himself behind the Englishman, liking and nibbling on the others ear, while letting one hand find the other males dick again, having the right hand strongly gripping the others arse.

Veit was painfully turned on again, his dick twitching when he found the other’s hole, stroking over it and teasing it with his fingers.

There was just one thing that kept him from entering and that was the question whether Nathaniel could do it standing up with his injury or not without getting hurt.

“Is your leg strong enough to do it like that or not?” he asked between kissing and playfully biting the skin on the others neck down to his back.

“Damn you’re so hot, I want you.” He expressed and tried to find back his reason when he added:”But if I have to find a better, more comfortable place due to your injury first I will wait. I don’t want to cause you pain, I want you to feel good, I want you to feel better than that, I want to make you feel as if you’d levitate.” His bass voice rang, while he could hear some dogs barking at another part of the camp and heard some voices of his comrades but nothing of what was going on there mattered to him at all.

The war didn’t exist on his mind at that moment, nor did the camp or the dogs or that he was a soldier. Nathaniel and Nathaniel’s body was all that interested him, all he was longing for and all he wanted.

Nathaniel moaned loudly around the thick corded length thrusting into his mouth and bumping the back of his throat he struggled a little to get enough air but it only heightens my own arousal and makes me needier I stroke my own length between my thighs.

My excitement and need only grows more intense with Veits growing arousal I moan louder as he speaks his pleasure allowed my free hand kneads the tight firm butt and rake my nails down the back of his thick strong thigh his eyes watching the others face as he takes pleasure from my mouth pleasuring him the wild lust, need and abandon drives me wild and increase the suction and work my tongue over the head of his cock my tongue swirling and lapping up the pre-cum that's releasing more frequently.

Lost to the feel and arousal of the German I am surprised when I soon feel the hot splash of his release hitting the back of my throat as he shoots his load down my throat I moan secretly loving it and how he tastes groaning with need as my eyes slide shut with pleasure my shaft throbbing with need it feels almost unbearable.

Panting hard he licks his lips and wiped up the few stray trickles of cum and sucks his fingers clean before being helped back up to my feet and kissed ravenously I cling greedily to the German loving how warm and needy he is, the way his lips crush against my his tongue tangling with mind demanding I yield to him and I cannot help but yield I feel the thick hard length pulsing still needy.

He moves behind me nibbling my ear and stroking me teasing his cock over my ass and I moan and shiver my need for him almost like a volcano running through my veins my blood is boiling and my skin feels too sensitive I want him my leg aches but it feels strong I need him I need him buried deep within him.

" I I need you please my leg aches a little but it can handle it I want you inside me please Veit I cannot wait anymore I ache so bad it hurts " my voice is low and rough almost growly with need as I beg for him to take me barely registering the dogs barking or the sounds of the other guards as I push my ass back into him showing just how much I want him how much I need him my length pulsing between my thighs as I leak copious amounts of precum over his hand still stroking my length.

That answer was not only exactly the one that he had hoped for the sexy voice and hearing Nathaniel say that he longed for him, that he needed his cock inside of him heated Veit up so much that not even the cold wind was able to cool his boiling body down anymore.

He pressed the other against the wall of the barrack so that he could use it to support himself with it while his left hand that was covered in the other’s precum by now stroke his length rougher and rubbed the head of his dick feeling it throbbing in his grip.

Resting his head on the others shoulder kissing his chin he inserted his fingers into the brunette’s hole fingering him to loosen him up and making him relax some before he would enter him with his dick. But feeling the other’s tight arse clenching around his fingers, sucking them in just made him even more impatient and it felt like his member was complaining about the waiting time by throbbing and itching.

The blond couldn’t be patient any longer and he knew that the inmate wanted and needed him either so he pulled out his fingers rather quickly in order to replace them with his pulsating cock.

He groaned deeply and too loudly when Nathanlie’s arse tensed up around the tip of his dick, followed by a husky moan when he thrust his whole thing into the other and started to move, slowly and lightly at first gradually going faster and harder mercilessly penetrating the Englishman’s prostate while heavily breathing and groaning into his ear overflowing with pleasure that was running through his body like electricity.

His hands were placed at the other’s waist, his balls slapping onto the inmates arse in the rhythm of his movements. Feeling the muscle of the others tight greedy arse holding onto his dick as if it didn’t want to let go of it anymore, as if wanted to devour it, the electric shocks turned into a thunderstruck causing his moans to get more frequent, lewd sounding and loud.

Veit didn’t want his voice to sound that clearly through the night but he couldn’t hold it back nor control himself at this point.

Thrusting into the brunette harder, hammering onto his sweet spot like a maniac and feeling his body temperature rising further and realising how he tensed up again he pressed out some words more groaning than talking:”Your arse is amazing, sucking me in like that.”

• 2 weeks later...

Nathaniel shivered under the firm grip of his German and after tonight and all that had been said and they were doing he couldn't deny that Veit Jager was his German he didn't know how to feel about that he was a ball off mix feeling however his attention was ripped from his inner thoughts and brought back to the here and now as he felt the first teasingly light brush of fingers as his hole and he hensed instinctively before relaxing into the man behind him.

He felt the blondes cock hard and pulsing at the back of him as he stepped back to him a little wanting to be closerhe reched his hands back needing to touch to feel Veit as his breathes become pants and soft moans of pleasure escaped his throat as Veit stretched him hurriedly a short low whine tore from his throat when the fingers were removed and he was left empty inside and aching how ever the emptiness was soon replaced with Veit cock and Nate gasped he had never had anything the size of Veit inside him.

Thankfully the burn didn't last long soon there was only the feel of being extremely fully and each time the blonde entered and retreated and the head of his cock scraped over my prostate stars practically burst behind his eyelids and pleasure so intense he had to put his fist in his mouth to stop hims self from crying out from the pleasure of it all he rocked his hips back meeting each thrust making sure to grip the cock inside him tighter.

The lewd noises coming from both of them only heated him more he felt the first creep of colour on his cheeks as he realized it was he and veit making those noises things only got more intense when I felt his balls slapping against me making everything more intense.

Hearing veits spoken words so lewd and made me tighten my muscles and grip him even tighter pushing out my butt and pulling even deeper turning kisses and nipping any flesh I could reach on him needing more contact as my cock leaks copious amounts of precum .

" oh go you feel so good inside me "

Their moans turned into a rhythmic song and the wind was caring the melody through the night and through the prisoner of war camp. He couldn’t really grasp and believe that they were doing that in a place like that himself, that something like this was even possible, especially considering that Veit was a German guardsman and Nathaniel an English prisoner. And yet there they were and the blond was enjoying every second of their touches and he never wanted to let go of that man again, if he could he would just stay inside of him forever and never return to that stupid joke of a war and the life he was living, that they all were living.

The soldier wasn’t at his limit yet, he could still go harder and faster, he wanted the other to feel him more intensely, to feel how much he desired him.

When Nathaniel’s arse clenched around his dick even tighter and the other was pushing his arse so that Veit’s dick was reaching even deeper inside of him he let out a horny groan that was filled with lust and pleasure.

As the Englishman turned around to him craving some more touch and body contact Veit’s lips welcomed the other's and he greedily kissed him, tongues swirling around each other like two snakes while fucking mixing their salvia together. There was so much passion in that kiss that it seemed like the two of them would devour each other any minute.

Penetrating him deeper and harder hammering onto the other’s sweet-spot he let one of his hands run from Nathaniel’s waist down to the front giving some service to the dripping cock of the inmate by stroking it and teasing it some more. He wanted the other to melt in pleasure; he wanted to make him cum.

While he was thrusting into the brunette he was groaning into their kiss frequently and the way the other’s arse was sucking him in holding him with a tight grip he got the feeling that he was rather close again as well and decided that he wanted to cum together with the other.

The German didn’t even realise that the dogs barking still hadn’t stopped and that some turmoil was clearly going on somewhere else in the camp and he didn’t really care about it, he just wanted to lose himself inside of that handsome man that he was drawn to like to no one else ever before. It wasn’t the right time, it wasn’t the right place but he hadn’t chosen to meet that person that would make him feel that way in that hellhole but one thing was for sure he wouldn’t let this slip away from him. Not for this stupid war he had never believed in and that no one would win in the end. That not even the so called winners would win.

When their lips parted and he caught some breath he kept his lips occupied with kissing an sucking on the other's neck, his hand was grabbing the other's dick tighter and he was rubbing it faster while his own dick aimed for Nathaniel’s sweet-spot over and over again.

He felt when the hot pulsating member in his hand was about to unload but he denied him to cum just yet. “I want you to cum together with me!” his excited voice explained his doing to the other and after some more thrusts into that tight cute hole of that wonderful man and some good strong hits onto the other’s prostate his muscles tensed up even more, he allowed Nathaniel to cum and came inside of the other’s arse filling him up with his semen at the same time.

His hand was covered with the other’s white cum and when he was pulling his dick out of the other’s arse the hole was leaking sperm onto the muddy ground. He turned the Englishman around so that he was facing him again, looked into that attractive face with the scar and pressed him up against the wall to wildly kissed him again, the pants of his uniforms still down. “You’re amazing, I’m glad that I found you.” He breathed into the kiss and then connected their lips again. He just didn’t want to end their touch even though he knew that sooner or later he had to because his shift would end and another guard would take his place. Müller was the one who would have the shift after him and something told him that Müller wouldn’t be taking it well if he saw his comrade having sex with another man, an English inmate to top it all off.

He stood shaking from his powerful release he had never experienced anything like his now empty ass quivered and felt like it was searching for the other as if he belonged buried snug deep inside me and it both frightened and excited me I wasn't sure how to deal with all the emotions swirling around inside me My leg ached a little.

so I was leaning more weight than I really should have on My German I held him KIssed him still panting completely lost for words " Wow Incredible " was all I could come up with and in the face of all the emotions and the words my German had just spoken it felt extremely lame for the first time in my life I had no words to express myself and I didn't know what to do.

So I kissed him passionately reliving every second of our hot tryst just now I had a feeling I would do that a lot in the days to come I could hear dogs barking and the sounds of the camp started floating back in I shivered and I was unsure what to do I didn't want this night to end but even more so I didn't want Veit to get into trouble .

I reached over my hand sliding over his body my taking fingers trembling as the cold finally started to seep into my body and register.

" we better get back I,m sure you,ll be needed somewhere I don't want this to end but your still a guard and I am still a prisoner and one with a very sore leg at that I need to get back before anyone notices I am gone" he kissed veit one last time his lips molding to his as my own body pressed to his and my body stirred trying to waken and take interest but the cold was hindering it as was the sharp pains shooting down my leg letting me know I had put too much pressure on it but I regretted nothing and told my lover so before slipping up his pants and then mine.

I slipped away around the corner of the building limping all the way and entered the bunkhouse chancing before climbing into bed and laying there before slowly drifting of however all my thoughts even my dreams were all focused on Veit and what he was doing and all things words I wished I could say to him.

It had been clear that they would part ways again and Veit made himself smile even though he didn’t like the thought of the other going back into the barrack. “I’m a guard that’s right, a terrible one though.” He said trying to put all the fire in him into that last kiss they shared for the night but the deeper he kissed him the greedier he became and by the time he saw the Englishman limping around the corner he was left hungry for more touch again.

Veit closed his belt and stared into the direction the other had disappeared. He would have liked to fall asleep next to that man and to wake up with his face being the first thing he saw in the morning but that would not happen.

The blond would wake up staring at his closet in which Sam hid and Nathaniel would wake up seeing a crowded barrack filled with dozens of other prisoner.

When he left the place behind the barrack he found out that it had been a close call. He saw that the bright lights had been turned on and that the dogs didn’t bark in their cages but that they were led by a couple of soldiers. A little confused Veit looked around and saw that Scotsman dragged through the camp by two fellow guardsmen. As soon as one of his comrades had seen him his face turned grim. “Jäger, what the hell have you done the whole time? Where have you been? We were searching for you. This guy, he is from your area and he just tried to escape.” The man scolded him and Veit told him he had had to take a piss what the other didn’t really believe because that didn’t take this long. His comrade probably thought that Veit had fallen asleep or had been too lazy to do his job and he didn’t seem amused by that. “Böhmer wants to see you. And he is not pleased, I tell you that.”

The blond saw them dragging the Scotsman further who grinned at the blond saying:”Hey, fag! What’s up?” to him what Veit ignored and not even acknowledged with a look at the other but his comrade hit him without even knowing what the other had just said. They would probably throw the guy in somewhere where he would be isolated for the night until they would let him out in the morning again. Scuffling through the mud he went to see Böhmer, one of his superiors and his comrade had been right, Böhmer was more than unhappy with him and yelled at him that his ears hurt.

He called him unreliable, lazy, good for nothing, an idiot, he said that he had been a pain in the arse since he had started duty at the camp and that he would send him back to the Eastern front again if he continued like that. The man also made sure to make it very clear that he didn’t give a fuck about his mother being married to that high ranking official and that he wasn’t scared of his stepfather.

“If one of those English guys under your supervision makes it to the front gate another time you will regret this!” he threatened him. “Technically it was a Scotsman, that’s a difference, so am I good?” he just couldn’t stop himself from saying and his mouth had been faster than his brain again because Böhmer exploded completely not finding that funny at all.

Dropping his head and hoping that he wouldn’t get a head ache he had changed shifts with Müller as usual and was heading into the direction of the gate when he heard a voice coming out of the cabin that was a latrine. The voice came from the Scottish guy and he was looking at him through a gap in the wood. They obviously had locked him into the latrine.

“Hey fag!” he shouted at him and Veit sighed wanting to ignore it again but the man was continuing to speak. “I saw you. I know what you just did. Keep your dirty hands off of him. He would never voluntarily be with one of your kind, you swine.” The inmate spat on the ground of the latrine, Jäger could hear it. His hands clenched into fists and he realised that this angered him because it was a hurtful thought. The blond knew that Nathaniel had desired him and it had been mutual but the mere idea that the other could think something like that, think of him and his ethnicity as some kind of dirt hurt him. And the hurt he felt came out as anger and he took a run up and kicked the cabin with all his strength. The whole thing wagged and nearly fell, he heard the man in it being thrown against the wall and falling down. “Ups, must have been the wind.” Veit hissed in a cold way in German, giving the thing another kick when he finally left the camp for the night.

The German soldier had had enough luck that the car that would bring him and his comrades whose shifts ended at the same time back to town was still there. He greeted the other’s but he didn’t participate in their conversation he just stared out of the window. He didn’t really care that this man had tried to escape; it hadn’t even bugged him if he had escaped but he also didn’t want to go back to the Eastern front. The blond would have to find a way to be with Nathaniel but to not completely abandoning his duty and that would be quite a challenge.

And then there was what this Scottish guy had said to him and that still resonated negatively inside of him and plagued him with insecurities. But it couldn’t be true, not the way that the other had looked at him, had touched him and had talked to him.

He didn’t hate him, the man locked into the latrine had either lied or he really believed that Nathaniel would hate him. Had he told that to his comrades, that he hated all Germans?

It hadn’t taken long and he got dropped out in front of the house he had his room in and as soon as the door had come into his sight he had felt how tired he was again and the only thing he longed for now was his bed. So he declined Misses Fischer’s invitation to dinner, went up to his room and without even turning the light on he threw himself onto the bed.

Before he had been a soldier he would have never been able to sleep that way. Sweaty, icky, in his uniform, with his boots on his feet that he let dangle down from his bed.

His mismatched eyes dropped close immediately and he didn’t even open them when he heard the door of his closet being opened.

“Hello! Don’t you want to turn on the light?” Samuel said and Veit groaned tired “No. I’m gonna sleep. And you’re gonna shut up.” He brought himself to say but the brown haired man didn’t seem to like that idea that much. “Oh, come on, I’ve slept the whole day. It was really boring. What am I supposed to do now?” his guest asked and the blond took his pillow and pressed it over his ears and face. “Draw a picture or something.” He said muffled down by the pillow. “I can’t draw. I tried it once and the dog I have tried to draw looked like a mixture of a cat and a rabbit.” Samuel let him know and Veit bit into the pillow. “Then count sheep, twiddle your thumbs, do a crossword puzzle, you are free to do whatever you want as long as it isn’t loud.” The soldier said more firmly and the other man laughed at the last part of it but let Veit sleep then.

When Veit woke up it was still somewhat dark in the room, the sun nowhere to see. He could hear the rain hammering at the windows and he was even sweatier than before because his dream hadn’t had the best turn out. Veit had met Nathaniel somewhere on a Russian field, they had done it and then all of a sudden they had took him away in a truck and when he asked the driver why the Scotsman sat there in a SS uniform laughing at him and speaking in German to him, telling him that he was an investigator to identify men of his kind within the Wehrmacht and that Veit would be going to where Tom was. And he had seen Tom; just that Tom hadn’t looked like Tom anymore and Tom had been a zombie pleading Veit to take revenge for him. It had been completely absurd bullshit but it hadn’t been nice at all.

When he sat up he saw that his boots were missing from his feet and while he was staring in confusion Sam’s face appeared in front of him. “Good morning. I have taken the liberty to take your boots off for you because it bugged me the whole time that you were wearing them while in your bed.” He explained and Veit sighed relieved because he wasn’t going insane yet.

“Morning.” He mumbled and was about to lay down again when Sam let himself sink onto the bed, sitting there looking at him with his handsome face. “You stink! It’s gross.” The brown haired said and Veit rolled his eyes. “Thanks Captain obvious. You don’t smell any better just so you know.” He responded and dragged his sour body out of his bed. “Of course not! I haven’t had a proper bath in months. Emma always brought me a water bowl so I could wash myself wherever I was hiding but it just isn’t the same.” The other explained and Veit knew why he had even brought the whole stinking subject up in the first place.

“You want to take a bath huh?” he said watching out of the window where he could see the streets turning into a little river.

“Yes please!” Sam nodded his brown eyes shining. “Why didn’t you just say so without telling me that I am disgusting?” he asked and sighed. “Nevermind! Do you have an issue with nakedness?” he wanted to know from him. “Nope.” Sam answered.

Veit had instructed Sam to walk synchronously with him so that Misses Fischer wouldn’t hear that there was someone else than just the blond up there. They also had to go to the bath at the same time. As soon as Veit had taken his bath, which made him feel a lot better, cleaner and less repulsive it was Sam’s turn and while the man was washing himself he took the time to properly shave his face as he hadn’t done that for two days by now. “I have a perfect and new hideout for you!” the soldier said making the other curious and then he told him about the place Nathaniel had mentioned but Samuel was extremely sceptical. “If you know that so do the other German soldiers what means it is not exactly a safe hideout. I would be found out as soon as they would check that place or would decide to use it.” Sam didn’t seem to get why Veit would even mention such a place. The soldier shook his head though. “No. No other German soldier but me knows about it. And the English didn’t even get there. I got that information from an English inmate not from a comrade.” He informed the other who seemed to enjoy the bath.

That only seemed to confuse the brown haired even more. “An English inmate gives you such an information? And why would he even know that you are looking for such a place? The enemy! That was an idiotic move of you. It’s probably a trap. Not for me, for you. Man, you didn’t seem that naive when I first saw you. The guy lied to you!” Sam was certain and Veit turned around to him. “No he didn’t!” he said as if the other man had just insulted him. “He wouldn’t do something like that he is a ....” he stopped himself because too many fancy words wouldn’t seem normal but Veit’s eyes and his face when he thought about that inmate said enough already. Sam looked at him. “What is it about that guy?” he asked suspiciously examining Veit and the blond got uncomfortable under his glaze, his palms getting sweaty again while his cheeks were blushing lightly.

He took a deep breath and bit his lip before he said:” Hypothetically speaking what if I told you that I was what they call ..... a degenerate and that I ....would fancy that man and that he has a thing for me as well?” There was silence for a minute and for Veit it felt like hours that Sam was just staring at him with wide eyes. “I would understand why he would want to help you out then and why you would have talked to him. I would also advice you to not call yourself a degenerate because by using their language you would only validate them and how they see you in your own mind and wouldn’t be doing yourself any favour.”

Now it was Veit who was surprised. He wouldn’t have expected that he would be that accepting. “That’s pretty smart.” The blond said and Samuel laughed. “Really? No one ever told me I was smart. My father was always disappointed with how much of a brain-dead idiot I am.” The dark haired responded and Veit smiled. “I’d say he was wrong there. But I am surprised. Shouldn’t you condemn this? I mean your religion does or doesn’t it?” he asked and Sam shrugged. “What religion man? I am not even religious. But I think all monotheistic religions do, yes. I personally am against anyone telling another person that their love is not right or a crime. Who are they to judge? And what right do they have to dictate two consenting adults feelings and private lives?” he explained to the blond and he remembered that while Samuel loved a woman him being with Emma was considered a crime by the government also even though it didn’t fall under §175.

The hiding man attempted to get out of the bathtub and stretched himself. “And now, why don’t you ask me about something I know about - beer, meat, women and locomotives!” He laughed and Veit smiled widely handing him a towel. “I only know about beer and meat. I’ve never gotten the fascination with women or locomotives.”

Back in his room Veit wanted to know if Sam had any clean clothes he could wear but all he had was a coat that wasn’t the cleanest as well and that also had a gigantic hole at the chest with some yellow strings left on the edge. “You could have put it off properly without destroying the whole coat.” The tailor in him scolded the man while flinging the strings onto the ground.

Sam shrugged.”I know but it felt much better to rip it off ike that.” He answered and Veit sighed. “I’m going to stitch it for you later and wash it together with your other clothes afterwards.” He assured the man who looked at him just about as surprised as when he had not directly and with other words told him that he was gay. “You can sew?” he asked and the blond’s eyes narrowed when he came back to the other as if he had just insulted him. “Of course I can, I am a tailor.” Veit said and he was a bit too proud about that. “What did you do for a living?” the blond wanted to know and Sam smiled:”I was a butcher.”

Veit stared unbelieving. “I would have never thought that. I would have thought completely different.”

Samuel didn’t seem too surprised at that. “And why is that? What would you have thought then?” the man asked in a challenging passive aggressive tone. “Should I be honest?” Veit asked and Sam nodded with a not less challenging grin.

“Your face is way too pretty!” the blond said and then added:” That’s why I would have thought that you would have been an entertainer or a waiter or something where appearance matters a lot.”

The brown haired man looked at Veit as if he was the weirdest guy he had ever met and then started to laugh loudly. “Never heard that before man! Never got a compliment like that from another man either, I admit it feels oddly flattering!”

While Samuel couldn’t really stop himself from laughing because he found it hilarious that Veit found him handsome the blond could hear footsteps on the floor and since they were heavier than Emma’s he pressed his hand onto Sam’s mouth, opened the door to his closet and pushed the other into it. Just when he had closed the closet door Misses Fischer had knocked and then entered. She wanted to know if he would eat with them today and she told him that she was concerned because he hadn’t eaten anything the other night.

Veit reacted way too enthusiastic, saying “Of course” and “I totally love to eat with you, I can’t wait.” When he answered and he got nervous, just wanting to shove the old lady right out of his room again. That he hadn’t eaten he explained with his tiredness and that was actually true. He had even felt too tired to shower or to rid himself off of his boots.

When the old lady, who was absolutely happy about Veit’s new found love for having dinner with them, was finally gone and her footsteps weren’t to hear on the stairs anymore he opened the closet door again and looked at Sam. “Are you alright?” he asked and Sam nodded. “I’m fine. Just, your clothes aren’t anymore. I can fold them and make order again ...” Veit cut him off. “Don’t!” he said. “Don’t do anything. Just be silent and take care.”

He left Samuel dressed in a few of his own clothes that didn’t fit him because he was taller and broader than Veit just to find that his ride was already on its way to the camp. Cursing he took Emma’s women’s bike and drove that thing as fast as he could into the direction of the camp. By the time he arrived he was completely drenched by the rain. The man carelessly threw the bike into the mud and ran to where his comrades were already standing in a row.

But even though he was standing there Böhmer had clearly seen that he hadn’t been there the whole time and he came to scold him and scream him down especially regarding the disaster yesterday. Veit’s attempts of explaining himself, saying he had helped Misses Fischer even though it had been Sam and that he had missed the ride due to that and had to take Emma’s bike didn’t make it that much better. It just made Böhmer believe that Emma was his girlfriend and that Veit took having sex with her more seriously than his duty. The whole thing was followed by him making fun of the blond as a lover, even though nobody could even knew how he was as a lover, and then with another threat of having to go back to the Eastern front he went to do the usual.

Standing next to Kowalski he had to watch over the inmates work again and while Kowalski said something about the guy who had tried to escape still being in the latrine Veit’s eyes were searching for Nathaniel and when he had found him they lightened up and he felt like smiling but tried hard to keep himself from doing so.

He figured he would search for an excuse to take him away five minutes before his own lunch break and would then spend the break with the Englishman in a spare room that was only used to store things in it.

The blond thought that Kowalski wasn’t the type to ask any further question and this would be a much better opportunity than behind the barrack at night. Especially since he had no duty during lunch break and hence couldn’t be held responsible for anything that happened while he was paying attention to Nathaniel instead of his job.

But he was already doing that. Even though he tried to watch at the inmates work his eyes went always back to that one man. He even looked how his fingers moved when he was putting the parts together and whenever they made eye contact his heart started beating too fast in his chest.

• 2 weeks later...

Nate walked back to the barracks holding the wall his body still shaking and weak with a need for him he missed those warm hands on his body and the feel of his erection buried deep within his cheeks.

He got back to the barracks and slid into the bed a whimper escaped him as his leg protested its overused and strained muscles he took some of the pills he was given and lay back staring at the ceiling lost in his own thoughts. wishing he could have laid here beside his blonde and had his arms wrapped around him

He shut his eyes and relived there time together his body ached as he touched himself and buried his face in the pillow to muffle the moans as he stroked his now leaking and throbbing hardness picturing his lover his lips his touch it all drove him to madness groaning into his pillow he cum hard again and he felt his lovers seed trying to escape his ass and he uses his fingers to push the seed back where it belongs before he curled up and slowly gave in to the darkness and let sleep drag him under.

Nate woke to loud angry and tense voices he looked around noticed his scottish friend was missing from apprently while he and Veit were together he had tried to escape and he was being held somewhere by the officers we didn't know where he was if he was being tortured or hurt in someway maybe he could ask his Veit and find out if he had seen him.

Groaning I stood my leg throbbed like a beast making me curse under my breath I limped over to get the pills and hurried to take some relief he changed and showered and was accosted by a feelow inmate as to where he was and had I gone with the scotchman I simply explained I had gone for aleak during the night and my leg had given out and I had ended up on my arse in the mud and it had taken me a little while to get back on my leg.

I wasn't questioned any further and I was left alone we had had a simple breakfast I wasn't about to complain about the crap they fed us as long as it filled my stomach I didn't care once fed, watered cleaned and dressed we were marched over to the workshop I set about my tasks wondering when I would see Veit again I already missed his touch and craved more of it his mismatched eyes and strong body, he shivered and adusted the start of an errection that had arose unbidden in my pants.

I felt eyes on me and turning to see who was watching I saw the man I had been waiting to see all night I let a small smile cross my lips before I broke contact and went back to work heart hammering like a wild thing in a cage

When Nathaniel smiled at him Veit automatically smiled back at him his grey and blue eyes shining. He only realised how widely and obviously he was smiling at the Englishman when he felt the glaze of Kowalski on him who was watching Veit following the blond’s eyes only to end up at that one inmate the blond had paid more attention to than to all the others during his whole time at the camp.

Veit immediately went back to the grumpy face he was supposed to have and counted the time until it was lunch break for him. Minutes felt like hours and he thought that the time was going painfully slow. The German soldier was getting impatient, he wanted to hear Nathaniel’s voice talking to him again, wanted to touch and kiss him and he wanted to bury his cock inside of him again.

Five minutes before his lunch break - he was just strolling through the rows of working inmates pretending to care what they were doing – he approached Nathaniel shouting at the man in German, pulling something out of his arse that he had supposedly done wrong so that he had an excuse to take him for ‘punishment’.

Veit had grabbed the handsome brunette by his neck and pointed the gun at him so that it looked really tragic and realistic. He could hear the inmates spitting insults at him and that was a good thing since that meant that at least they were buying it.

Passing the door he risked a glaze at Kowalski who was looking at Veit questioningly.

His comrade didn’t understand what the blond was doing. The way he knew Veit, Veit wasn’t the type for punishing inmates, demonstrating power or caring about their behaviour in the first place. There was the option that he acted overzealous now to compensate for his failure the other night though but Kowalski doubted that.

Especially since he had seen that inmate and Veit exchanging smiles and it also was the same guy Veit had shown how to do the work way too often.

Maybe Veit was an English spy, maybe he dealt with cigarettes or even worse he and that inmate were having..... While he was thinking he decided that he didn’t want to know anything about that and would just ignore whatever it was between those two. It was the best to not know things because no one would be able to hold him responsible for any of it then and he wouldn’t have to do anything to stop whatever was going on either. Ignorance was bliss! He knew nothing and knowing nothing was the best that could happen to people these days.

Veit had the feeling that his comrade didn’t really buy it but didn’t exactly know what he was up to either. The blond led the other through a floor gun still pointed at him because in case someone would see them this wouldn’t arise suspicion. When they had reached the end of the floor he opened a door that led to the storage room. He lightly pushed Nathaniel into it and followed smashing the door close behind them locking it so that no one could surprised them even though the chance wasn’t high to begin with.

Veit put the gun away and his stern expression immediately changed into a warm smile when he pinned the other man against the wall kissing him deeply and passionately his tongue swirling around the Englishman’s in a dominant way.

He pressed his body close against Nathaniel his crotch pressed against the other’s erection. Feeling the hardness and knowing how excited the brunette was turned him on.

The German grinned at the other with his hungry eyes when their lips had parted again. “I can see that you’ve missed me!” he spoke teasingly his sight wandering down to the other man’s boner while he let his right hand rub and tease it through the fabric of his trousers. “I’ve missed you too!” he said his grin growing wider.

He had never yearned for someone like this in his whole life and when he pulled off the leather glove of his left hand with his teeth and then took the other’s face in his hand before he shoved his tongue into his mouth again demandingly rolling it around it felt like his skin was burning where he was touching the other.

The blond was getting hard himself but there was still something in the back of his mind that bugged him. Those words the Scotsman had yelled at him the other night that Nathaniel wouldn’t be with his kind voluntarily had stuck there. He forced himself to break the kiss and then looked directly into the other’s green eyes with his own mismatched eyes.

There was no way that there had been any truth in those words, he just knew it the way the other looked at him, how he reacted to his touches and touched him and then there was their conversation but he still wanted to hear it from him, wanted to hear that he didn’t hate parts of who he was. “If we had met somewhere else, say in your home town in a library or a café would you have still considered us like this? Would you have introduced a German guy to your friends?” he asked in a more subtle way since he didn’t want to say that what Nathaniel’s friend had told him had gotten to him in any way and that he had been thinking about it, because he knew he shouldn’t have been thinking about it at all. But being wrongly accused of forcing that man he had a crush on to have sex with him and the mere idea that he could hate him had made him furious.

• Saga locked this topic