• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• crystald

• Vanlatte

• Alezander

Been feeling a little... sad. This was a great way to relieve stress.

Voiceless

The sound of leaves underfoot was like glass to my ears. To be back in a town that scorned and shunned me. Every sound was a awful reminder of the whispers and words that chased me out.

“Avery?” An unfamiliar husky voice came from my right. Turning to the woodline, I find a man who resembles the childhood friend I always played games and house with. Like a slap in the face which I have endured many times before, the sight of Mason flooded my nerves with anxiety, fright and nervousness. My heart wanted to run but my mind told me it would only alert him of this ugliness in my heart. We grew up together yet I grew to hold abnormal feelings for him, that which is forbidden and grotesque.

“Wow, it really is you. Only back for the Holiday?” His words passed through me like a knife and I stood deaf to anything other than to etch his face into my mind. How matured he had become since high school and how rough his hands littered with calluses are.

Nodding, I once again started to walk towards my parents home. I shifted my weight to one leg and the balance shifted resulting in my bags pulling that side down. Assuming that because he saw that, Mason outstretched his hand, gesturing to hand him the bag. Before I could come to that assumption, my eyes momentarily froze and my blood ran cold as I now can never unsee the wedding band on his finger.

I was desperately willing myself to hand him the bag but all my strength left me and the bag tumbled to the ground. I tried to catch it and so did he. Our hands collided. I snatched my hand away quickly, reluctant to feel that metal on my skin. Hurt flashed in his eyes as he looked up at me while pulling the bag over his shoulder.

The fear and surprise must have been evident on my face, for he started to explain the piece that adorned his hard and cracked skin. This only highlighted the ring more and pushed to knife in deeper.

“Sorry I didn’t invite you to the wedding, it was kinda short notice for me as well.” Pondering the words for a moment, I realized the circumstances behind it all. I had no words thinking of the mini-Mason and how I would never live a life surrounded by a child's laughter but rather ridicule and whispers.

“You’ll always be my friend though.” His face seemed to tighten and his lips curved slightly upwards revealing a faint smile. That was one thing that will never change, that gentle reassuring smile in my sad life.

That is all I will be to Mason: The Childhood Friend, a Voiceless Gay.

I know there are too many cuts in this story... n_n"

However, enjoy~

Letter

Breathe in, breathe out. That’s right, Carl. Keep doing it.

Everything was a mess. I knew I should not agree to meet with Dylan today. The company case I was working on right now would not be wrapped up in near future. Then, there was my sister who got into an accident recently. And also Brown, my dog since he was a puppy, just died three days ago. But I thought I could get soothed by seeing my boyfriend’s face.

I sighed. The fatigue must be caught up for me even thinking Dylan’s presence could made me found peace. His presence was and always was the perfect way to define ‘heat’. Well, any kind of heat.

However, now was more than ‘a mess’. Be damned to this somebody who sent Dylan a letter, who made my boyfriend from middle school as well as my best friend since kindergarten misunderstood.

Dylan gave me a wry laugh. “You said in the letter to meet on Saturday at seven at Haley & Perl and you never came.” His body shuddered with anger. “Damn, Carl. I am waiting for your explanation but I don’t hear anything from you!” He threw his hands in the air.

“I didn’t–”

“I was smiling like an idiot for an entire week and dressed up as nicely as I could for that dinner. Even my folks thought I was having degradation or something.”

“Wha–”

“You even gave me a clue, a BIG clue, about proposal in that letter! Then – ”

“Calm down, Dylan Allen Marsh!” I shouted and he flinched. I rarely raised my voice but I must make this straight.

I took a deep breath and my voice came back to normal. “First of all, I never sent you any letter in years.”

Silent fell for a moment. He needed time to process that one simple sentence to fully understand it. When realization struck him, his anger receded and replaced by a stunned expression.

For a moment, I thought it was cute. Damn, I really was a lost case when it came to Dylan. I stepped forward and hugged him. Then, I moved back a bit so I could see his face.

“I don’t know whoever bastard wrote that goddamned letter, but one thing: I didn’t write or send it. Please forget everything you read in that letter and burn it later, okay?” I whispered in a soft voice. After that, an idea came to my mind and I smiled. “For now, let’s continue what you expected on last Saturday.”

He looked confused and I chuckled. “Not all of it, though. There was neither candlelight dinner nor delicious food.”

I hold his hand and got on my knees. “I have been thinking to propose you these past weeks and I won’t let a nobody beat me.” I heard him gasped. “I was busy these days, but trust me I always thought about you even in my busiest day.” I retrieved a small box from my pocket that I always carried around since I had bought it. “I must say this is not the way I planned to propose when I decided to marry you.” I opened the box and there was a white gold ring with little diamond on it. “Dylan Allen Marsh, even though this is such a lame proposal, will you marry me?”

Tears rolled down his face. “Fuck you, Carl,” his voice cracked. “…. –es. Of course my answer is yes!”

I smiled and slid the ring into his finger.

The Old Fort

The old trail is now so overgrown it was barely passable. But I’ve walked this way so many times in the past that I didn’t need a trail to guide my way. I was eighteen the last time I walked away. That was 10 years ago. I’m here to fulfill a promise with someone who’s not going to show anyway.

His name is Jake. I was 11 the first time we met. I was the new kid in town, awkward and friendless, so I went into the woods alone, looking for a place to read peacefully. Jake on the other hand was looking for adventure. Coming from opposite directions, we converged at a small clearing where a tree fort stood. It was very old, but very well built.

At first, it was awkward staring at the ultimate “prince” of the town. Jake was the son of the wealthiest man in town, the most popular student in class, and a jock to boot. But in the end he’s just a kid too and we started talking. And then we started playing. It was an amazing day. I thought it was a one-off so when I went back to the fort the next day, I wasn’t expecting him there. But there he was, waiting for me with his gameboy in hand. I on the other hand brought books. I learned to play the gameboy, and Jake learned to like books.

I was glad that both adults and kids have been accepting of our friendship, albeit grudgingly. Jake continued to be the golden boy and I continued to be the awkward bookworm. But the fort was our sanctuary. There, we are equals, both kings of the fort. And there, two years later, we promised to be best friends forever. We also promised to meet again after 15 years to renew our “best friend” vows.

It was there too, where Jake did something I dreamed of, but never dared hope he would. On my 16th birthday, he gave me a book. It was my favorite, and it was a first edition. I didn’t understand at 11 how rich they were, but over the years I began to see just how wealthy his family was. But the book wasn’t the best present he gave me. At 16, I was gifted my first kiss by my best friend, and I’d loved him ever since.

At 18, everything ended. We have been exploring each other’s bodies since our first kiss, but it was at 18 when Jake finally made love to me. It was breath-taking and perfect. But after we caught our breaths Jake was standing and dressing. He said we made a mistake and we must end everything, then he left. I never saw him again.

This walk should’ve been hard, but it felt liberating. Maybe after fulfilling my promise today, I would finally be free of Jake. If I only knew…

The fort was there, just as it was, but a few yards away, on Jake’s side of the woods was a beautiful log cabin, more like log mansion. And there standing with an armful of books, probably all first editions, was Jake. He dropped the books and ran to me, holding me close. “It wasn’t a mistake” he said breathlessly. “I’m sorry. It was too much, my love for you, and it scared me. I was young and stupid, please forgive me. I had to wait years for this chance, but I built us a proper home while waiting. Please say you’ll stay.”

I held him tight and never let go.

Word Count: 650

FAR BEYOND

I don’t know for how long, I don’t know how hard, I don’t know how many times but I still kept on wishing for that same thing over and over again. What’s the use of being beside the one you love but holding back the feelings you have? Isn’t it the great irony of all?

Hey buddy, will we be together even if we grow up?

A nudge on the shoulder followed by an amused laugh.

Of course bud! Nothing will change!

I felt my heart skipped a beat.

You promise?

Silence.

You’re being awfully sentimental. That’s for adults. But yeah, I promise.

A familiar heat against my body. I can only smile inside.

Back then, I didn’t know the weight of the words. I didn’t know that I would find myself craving to hear that promise again, nor will I keep on wishing that you will mean it in the way I would have wanted you to.

I have lived the years with you. We might have found ourselves at the different sides of arguments but there was nothing that can severe the friendship we have. I don’t know when I realized that I might be the one to cut it off. Break it harshly, leave you behind and forget the feelings that have grown into this monstrosity that’s eating me from deep in. Yet a simple smile from you, a playful gaze, that lopsided grin and I’m all melting. I can never let this moments go even if they tear my heart apart.

I found the one I want to spend my life with.

I wish I didn’t hear those words. I wish I wasn’t there to see how your eyes sparkle when you talk of another that will completely be your world. I wish I wasn’t your friend so that I don’t have to pretend to be happy for you.

Really?

Yeah. I thought I will be old and gray alone, well not really cause you’ll be there with me right? I totally saw myself spending it with you but I guess I got lucky.

My heart clenched. I know you didn’t mean it that way, but god, I wish you did. Even for that moment, I kid myself that you feel the same way.

Aren’t you a lucky bastard? But I’m happy for you buddy.

That sheepish smile was enough to melt my heart.

Yeah?

I promise.

Thanks man. Though you’re still going to be with me till we’re gramps! And find someone to love!

I wish I can say that I already did but all I can offer was a smile. There was the familiar heat on my body. Yes, I can live with that.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

We may have said the same words but they bore different meanings for us. You said it with the utmost care but I said mine from within the utmost depth of my heart.

Perhaps I am really destined to watch your back, keeping my feelings inside, unheard, coiled until it breaks me from within. It’s ironic that I have been beside you for so long yet I have never been close enough to touch your heart. For every smile you sent my way, there’s no warmth that shoulders the love I yearn from you. For every hug you bestowed my body, there’s no desire. For every touch of your hands to mine, there’s no electricity, no spark. For every stare, every gaze, every look, there’s nothing to hint that I am more than your friend, before and now.

It will be a love that will never be. Still I love you for all the worth that those words can carry. Nothing might ever change but I have no regrets loving you for always for my heart finds peace on the love I have for you.

Um. I'm not really sure what I was trying to do here, but it was somewhere along the lines of "if you thought Mulan volunteered to enlist in the military in her father's stead, you are mistaken. She enlisted for her little brother's stead..." You know, like a secret brother kind of thing?

So it was raining today and I finally finished rewatching Miraculous so the OST "in the rain" at the last episode was stuck in my head like woah. I was bursting with feels and I dunno where the idea of making a fic about Mulan came from, but it was probably because Marinette is asian and all... Also, I wasn't trying to be faithful to the the "canon" of Mulan's legend, okay? So... Okay I'll shut up now.

I'm sorry for the long prattle. Here is "In the Rain", written while listening to Miraculous' OST "

" (this song is beautiful, try listening to it!).

Word count: 690 (i'm really sowee~!)

P.S. after I was finished writing, I tried looking it up, and it turns out that Mulan actually did have a

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

in the rain.

Grey clouds and a seemingly endless whiteness beyond. Fine drops fall on my face, over and over, until all I could feel was the coldness etch into my flesh. Silently, I hid my tears in the rain.

If it hadn't been for the fact that I was sickly, she wouldn't have gone, and so would he. My sister, my lovely elder sister. Off she went to war for my sake, for my lungs were weak and my legs could not support me. Without a hint of reluctance, without fear in her eyes, she donned our father's armour and left in the steal of the night, promising her return. I could not stop her, and so did he. Instead, he gave me his word that he would come after her and bring her back. Everything was going so fast that I couldn't say a thing. And so that night, the two people I cared most about went somewhere far away as the war beckoned them. I was restless as I waited, day after day, month after month. I prayed and begged the spirits of our ancestors to please lead them home safely. Still, they never came back.

He wasn't the most perfect person in the village. He was a drunkard and a gambler, and he often fought with his father in the middle of the streets in broad daylight. He had a hot temper and made many enemies. But the fact that he befriended me, a cripple and a shame to my family, gave me certainty that he had a kind heart. Hidden in the room farthest inside the house was my little world, and he, my childhood friend, would visit me everyday. Since we were children, he made me laugh, he gave me warmth, he gave me dreams. I was lacking in many ways, but because of him, I learned how to love. Yet I swore to never tell him how I felt, because he was in love with my sister.

The war was terrible, and it was no surprise when the proclamation came to demand the participation of at least one man from every household. But it was nevertheless dreadful for all of us. My father, whose age had caught up with him, took it as a matter of fact that it was he who would go. Seeing their crushed spirits, for once, in that family gathering, I spoke and told them that I would go instead.

"I will go. I am a man and I shall fight for my family." I said, and the silence after was deafening that when I limped out to pack my things, no one stopped me. I knew what their silence meant. They weren't expecting me to return after all. When they had looked at me when I spoke, it was as if they were surprised I was even there. But it's all good, I thought. This way, father won't have to go. Never was I so wrong in my life. Now my sister has taken my place and has never been seen since.

Often I've wondered how things would have turned out if I wasn't such a weakling, a useless person. She would not have gone, and so would he. He had older brothers to count on so he didn't have to go. They would not have to fight for a cause that they did not understand. They would not have to be scared or be cold and uncomfortable. If they hadn't gone, I would not have to stand in the rain clutching this letter in my fist, my fingers having dug into my pale palm that for once, has shed blood. If they hadn't gone, I would not have to be screaming silently like this.

The skies clear, and the rain lifts. The world is slowly warming up and the birds start to sing. Everyone else is recovering, and only I am left cold and grieving. The parchment in my hand had turned soggy and the ink ran over. It didn't feel real, nothing did. Even my tears ceased to matter. In the end, everything was washed away in the rain.

OUR HEARTS

We meet on a sunny afternoon, my moms took me to the park near our apartment for a fun time with my friends. The plan was games and a picnic near the pond. We ran around chasing each other and playing hide and seek. About one hour and a half after we were there, a small boy with platinum hair and beautiful smile arrived to the park with his father. They approached the rest of the parents and a few minutes later Carl was been introduce to us. We resume our games and started a tic tac toc race that ended in giggles and rolling on the grass.

As it turned out they were new to the neighborhood and moving to the apartment building across from ours and we got along rather nicely, so we became fast friends over the autumn. On the winter holidays the group of families decided to go on a camping trip up the mountain, we were to be staying on a communal cabin, building snowmen and snowball fighting. I wanted to build a snow castle with a dragon pit, Carl helped me and we spend the end of the day creating it under the moon light, the snow sparkled like it was mixed with diamond particles, it looked magical. That was one of my favorite memories of that trip.

While I was growing up, I fell in love little by little with my best friend, it was an innocent calm love, I enjoyed the time we spend together immensely and when we drift to different schools I was really sad. We reconnected over the breaks and in the middle of everything we grew up, now adolescents, and having confess our love for each other, we were planning our careers and the course our lives would take. We loved to take little weekend getaways to a lovely cabin up in the mountains on long weekends and spending hours hiking through the woods on broad daylight and we would cuddle by the fire in the evenings, sipping hot chocolate. Those were some really steamy nights.

We moved to our first apartment together after graduation. Right around the corner there was a quaint little market that opened on Saturdays, we would stroll and buy ingredients for a late supper. In the mornings we had breakfast in bed while we enjoyed a movie together. When he was tired and working on some papers I would make him a cup of tea and massage his shoulders. When I had a long night he would wash my hair while I soaked in the tub. Our quiet little life was everything I wanted and so life went on.

2qx6qdu.gif2qx6qdu.gif

|| END OF ៙BL The Childhood Friend ~Writer Contest~៙ ||

[YaoiOtaku Writer Contest]

Thank you all for taking part in our Writer Contest!

As all of your works were extremely good, you are all very good writers, we simply couldn't choose just 1 or 2 works, so, this month's winners are @

@
@
@
@
@

The winner gets as follows:

- 5,000 points

- 1 Manga Cover card (please state which card you'd prefer)

Everyone participating gets 2000 points

2qx6qdu.gif2qx6qdu.gif

Hi

!!!

This was so much fun!

Congrats to

!
!
!
!
!

giphy.gif

I would like to request Ai ni Somare

ZZZ%20Ma%20Ai%20ni%20Somare.gif

Thank you and have an amazing week!

onion1