BL WRITERS || .. in love with a ghost ..

Saga

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• Vanlatte

• crystald

• iheartyokozawa

Hello. My entry is something I hope is a unique take on what it means to love someone who has become a ghost of themselves. There are 797 words (I cut it so close!). Honestly, I'm used to writing longer pieces but I'm happy with how this short one came out.

:In love:

Ghost of Yourself

Miharu's parents found them during the holidays. Eichi had stolen him away for a few minutes to give him a Christmas gift and a quick kiss. Miharu's mom had stumbled upon the kiss, told Eichi to leave, and done God-knows-what to her son. She did do something, though. Miharu was dazed and out of it. He seemed almost scared to be around Eichi.

It concerned his lover. Eichi had protected Miharu from everything since middle school. They both had been on the baseball team. Miharu left the team in high school, but their bond remained as they both fell in love. Miharu was present for all of Eichi's games and Eichi was there whenever Miharu needed a shoulder to cry on. He kept him safe, which was more than could be said of anyone else. Miharu's parents never had their son's best interests in mind. They only had their own. Eichi was sure they had continued their preference for the family's interests after Eichi was banned from their home.

"Miharu, come to my place today," Eichi requested. "We have that trip we planned, remember? I want you to help me pick out some clothes. You were always better at fashion than I was."

Miharu nodded his head, but his eyes were glazed. It worried Eichi.

Growing up, Miharu had always been close to his parents. That was why finding out he had feelings for Eichi had been hard for him. He had dazed out then as well because he was so scared of his parents finding out. It was like he became a ghost. Things were different for Eichi. He left his family home when he was seventeen. Eichi answered to no one and no one's opinion was important to him except for Miharu's. That was part of why it hurt him so much to see Miharu like this again. He was just floating by and Eichi worried the trip wouldn't be fun for either of them like that.

"Miharu, how about I cancel the trip?"

That offer resulted in a moment of panic flashing across Miharu's face. "Please don't," he pleaded. "I've been looking forward to it."

Eichi let out a soft sigh and nodded his head. "Alright," he said. "But please, try to lighten up. It won't do us any good if you're dazed the entire trip. Worry less. Live a little."

Miharu nodded. Still, he did not improve. Up until the trip, he floated along. He had no presence in any room and he seemed to grow paler. It wasn't until a weak before the trip when he fainted that Eichi learned he wasn't eating properly. Eichi called and cancelled the trip while he nursed Miharu back to health. He fed him and helped him to the bathroom. He cleaned him with a towel and took care of the shell he had become. Even on the date they had scheduled their return, Miharu was still struggling to sit up and his eyes were dark with dark circles around them. Eichi feared he really had become a ghost.

"Miharu, please," Eichi begged. "Eat a bit more."

Miharu pushed the food away. He had only eaten half of it. "I feel like I'll be sick if I do."

Tears poured down Eichi's cheeks. He was losing Miharu. The only person he had ever loved and he was dying while all Eichi could do was watch. Miharu hated hospitals and refused to go to one. He also refused to return home. "I want to stay with Eichi." That had been his reasoning. There was no way for Eichi to refuse that even if he wanted to. He could only care for Miharu and try to get him to feel better, to get him to eat more.

"Eichi, I'm sorry we had to cancel our trip," Miharu said one day while eating a bit of porridge. "It's all my fault. I worried so much about what was happening..."

Eichi shook his head with a smile. "This just means we get to plan a better one."

Miharu sniffled. He had clearly had the same fear as Eichi - that he might die and neither would get to see that trip. He wiped at his eyes. "I promise I'll get better, I promise."

Eichi gently ruffled Miharu's hair, his arm snaking around his waist. "It's okay. Even if it takes ten years, I'll help you get better. We're in this together, okay? I'll go to your house and collect your things. You'll live with me now."

Miharu's cheeks flushed and he again seemed to become dazed. Eichi feared for a moment that he was becoming a ghost again. "Living with...Eichi?"

A light laugh slid from Eichi's lips. He wasn't a ghost again, after all. He was just Miharu.

Word Count: 650

BEHIND THE MIST

There’s nothing more hurtful than chasing the ghost of your past. Of trying to grasp something that slips by your hand each and every time you attempt to keep a hold of it. There’s a proof that it’s there; alive and breathing but what if it is just a shell? Something you’re familiar with but entirely strange from?

It’s the ghost of your former self. It’s the ghost that I used to slept with. It’s the ghost that I am yearning. The ghost that I’m looking for. The ghost that I love. The ghost that ceased to exist.

We have been saved from death but in turn you killed my heart. How cruel; when all I have wanted was to be by your side.

….

How long before everything comes back to him?

We cannot be sure. Cases like this, there’s a chance that his memories will never come back. It is very unlikely but possible. We suggest you surround him with familiar faces and places. That might trigger something but until then, he will never remember anything at all.

I cannot form the words to express what I’m feeling at that moment. I feel my world crumbling in front of my eyes. You are my world and you have crumbled before me as I die slowly inside.

….

Will you love me forever?

I wait for your teasing as I know you would, but more than that I wanted to hear your answer even though I have asked this a million times before.

You squeezed my hand beneath the sheets. There’s nothing more special that those moments we spent together, showing our love, deepening it and proving to ourselves that we are here.

Do you always have to ask?

I do. Because every time you answer that makes me happier than the last time I did. So, will you? Love me forever, that is.

The warm hand let go of mine and I thought this might be the time that you’ll get tired of it but instead you surrounded me with your warmth, with a soft, lingering kiss on my forehead. I moved closer, trying to be as near as I can. If I can live under you skin, I would gladly do, just so I’ll always be with you.

Yes. Forever. I will love you.

….

There’s nothing. There’s only void. Years have passed and I am counting the last of my hopes. Soon enough, there’ll be a ring on your finger. A woman at your side. Kids all around you. And I, still at your back. Chasing, hoping, praying that you’ll remember the answer to the question I have always asked.

Yes, you will make the same promise, but not to me anymore. I am nothing more than the man who was there with you when you’re at your lowest, when you were lost, when you have no one to hold on to. I will never be someone who can be at your side.

The ghost of your touches still haunts me, staying with me through most of the nights as I lay on the bed that used to be the place that made me happiest. But now it’s only a reminder of the impossibility of having you beside me, running your fingers through my hair, caressing my back with your hands.

Sometimes I wonder, what if we had just both died that day? In the afterlife, we might have been together as well. I will not feel this pain, this helplessness but then if we did die that time, I will not be able to see you this happy. Perhaps it is enough that I know you are loved even if it’s not in my arms. I will bear the pain as payment for your smiles.

The body is still here, yet the spirit’s gone. I am indeed inlove with a ghost.

while waiting to watch Atomic Blonde, i remembered Charlize Theron's drama with ex-boyfriend, Sean Penn... how she just disappeared... ghosting. it left me wondering what the ghosted person would go through... the phases of grief, perhaps? i'm guessing old ghosts die hard.

at a perfectly short 400 word, i'll simply call it WHEN LOVE DIES...

"Hit me up, just to chat. We can still be friends, right?"

We broke up on a Tuesday. He moved out immediately after THE talk, carrying with him all his worldly belongings in two cardboard boxes. Our two year-relationship ended with curt nods at the door and thereafter, silence. I haven't heard from him since and it's Saturday as I texts him those words.

The apartment feels deathly quiet and I can still feel the ghost of his presence lingering. There in the kitchen where he used to laugh while making us dinner. There on the couch where we Netflixed and chilled. When people leave, they don't just disappear.

"Found your copy of Animal Farm, meet up and I'll pass it to you?"

Wednesday. It's been over for a week and he's adamant in ignoring my existence. My text looks up from the phone as if mocking my tenacity to keep the connection, any connection, open between us. We shared our lives, our insecurities, our most intimate pleasure and pain, and he won't as much return a text. Maybe he is dead, lying in some gutter somewhere.

"Dammit, are you dead???"

Two weeks exactly since the break-up and he hasn't replied any of my calls, my texts, my midnight drunk dialling. The night we broke up, he was vibrating with so much anger I could feel the room shake. It wasn't my fault the twink came on to me at the club. It had been a bad week and I was so wasted that I don't even remember which hole I put it in. It didn't mean anything. Nor did it mean anything when I met up with him again the second and third times. I just needed the release. The twink was hot and it was just physical. Can he not understand that love and lust are two mutually exclusive entities?

"C'mon, man, can we talk? Please?"

I hate Sundays. I'm waiting in line for my latte to go when something at the intersection catches my attention. He stands there waiting to cross and is happily talking to some guy next to him. He looks over the person and our eyes meet. My heart skips and my feet prepare themselves to pace towards him. But at that moment, the light turns green and he turns away, leaving behind the ghost of his smile as he disappears into the crowd.

###

My Mischievous Ghost

“Damn!” Jeff huffed. His things were dumped on the floor… again. “Stop messing with my things!”

He heard a soft laugh. Ohh that brat! “I am a private investigator, I need my things organized.” Ever since Jeff bought this house weeks ago, his things have been magically rearranging themselves every night, or so Jeff thought. Of course, it seemed there was actually a “logical” explanation for it. It turned out… his house was haunted.

His ghost was friendly, not Casper friendly, though. This one’s a bit mischievous. But Jeff wasn’t afraid. In fact he liked the company, annoying though it is sometimes.

“Hey is your name William?” Jeff asked his playful ghost. The room stilled and he felt the ghost’s tension. “I only asked because I found this picture of a beautiful man, and this strange puzzle box in a hidden drawer in my closet” he said while showing the items. He didn’t know how, but he just knew the gorgeous man in the picture was his ghost.

“That was me” the ghost appeared beside Jeff who gasped. It’s the first time he’d seen Williams form and not just a white mist. William really was… is beautiful!

William looked up and frowned upon seeing Jeff’s expression, then slowly gave a brilliant and devastating smile when he realized why Jeff looked hungry, ravenous.

“I think you’re beautiful too” William said. “Especially in the shower”

Jeff’s breath hitched. Lust battled with embarrassment at the thought of William watching him in the shower. But then he had an idea and smirked, then deliberately undressed, making William’s jaw drop. “I’m going to take a shower” he said, turned and deliberately walked slowly to the bathroom.

He felt strong arms wrap around him the moment he stepped into the shower. Instinct told him he was safe and he leaned back, enjoying William’s hard body behind his. They’ve been flirting for weeks, since Jeff first felt the presence in the house but he never thought they could touch like this. That he could feel William’s body, kiss him, make love to him.

“How can you touch me? Are all ghosts like you?” Jeff asked after their “steamy” shower.

“I don’t know. Ever since you came it’s like I’ve been growing stronger, even as my tether to the house grew weaker. All ghosts are tied to something solid, physical and significant when their body dies. It’s what allows us to stay in the realm of the living. This was my house. It is also where I died.” William touched Jeff’s cheek when he saw sadness there. “Shh, it was so long ago. We’ll talk about that some other time. Right now it’s important that you know that for some reason, you have become my tether.”

“That’s right” a bluish glowing orb spoke above them, making them both jump. “I’m just a messenger so don’t ask anything, just listen. The world is about to end unless you two find a way to stop it. Start with that.” The orb spat out the puzzle box Jeff found earlier and William caught it before the orb disappeared.

William and Jeff looked at each other then at the strange box. “I guess I get a Dr. Watson to my Sherlock Holmes” Jeff said quietly.

William burst out laughing, dispersing the building tension. “And what makes you think you’re Holmes?”

Jeff grinned and pointed to himself. “Private investigator” he said while looking at William’s eyes. “Want to go save the world, babe?”

“Of course. I’d go anywhere with you... I love you.”

“And I love you, my mischievous ghost.”

I'm not native to English and this was the second time I made stories in this language.

I welcome comments and advice :)

This has 600 words (title is counted)

Color

No one aware of the boy ran through a dark, dirty, desolate alleyway. He brought pieces of bandage, which were not even ten centimeters long each, the kind that were thrown out because they were the remained or the cut of used bandage. A newly opened scar on his face was starting to bleed and yet he ran like a euphoric person ー one leg moved before the other even touched the ground ー making his heart pumped, causing the blood dripped faster with each step. His sleeve was darken and clammy. The sensation of dampness struck him, but what made it was left unknown ー or simply thought it was just water leaking from disorganized pipes that appeared everywhere in every corner.

A dead-end appeared at the end of sight. The boy slowed to a walking pace and approached a figure sitting motionless. He squatted. Wind blew clouds and it made light of evening sunset penetrated the ever dimmed alley, illuminating the figure ー a messy dark brown haired man with half of his face coated in dry blood. He looked like in his late twenties but the dirt and blood might have made him older.

The man titled his head and something behind his head moved. As the boy peered closer, realization struck. The man was transparent. There was nothing moved. It was the brick wall behind him, which could be seen through, that deceived eyes.

"Pretty...," the boy mumbled with an awestruck smile. His eyes locked to the man face, fascinated. However, the man looked upward seeing the clear, beautiful sunset. Then, he looked at the boy's eyes, which was staring at the blood that stained his face. His heart ached.

The boy extended his hand, a piece of bandage in his grasp. He tried to wipe the man's bloodstained face. It changed nothing. He did it again and again until he was frustrated. "No...," he muttered. The dejected look on his face was palpable. "What should I do?" he whispered with a broken voice. For the first time, he gazed at the man's eyes. "Hey, tell me." The man just stared in silence. Few minutes passed by with no one backing up until finally the boy snapped, "Tell me what should I do!" He threw all bandages in his hand. His face was red with rage.

A tinged of sadness painted the man’s face. He didn’t remember anything, from his name to the reason he was in this alley. He didn’t even know what day today. He knew he was a ghost. He remembered meeting the boy in front of him a few times in this place, with this form. But that was all.

The first time he opened his eyes, he was already here and not long after the boy suddenly appeared and was looking at him in astonishment. Next time he took hold of his consciousness the boy was already there, again with that same look on his face. This was their seventh meeting.

“Stop that...” The man was trying to control his emotion, but the boy’s pained expression made his effort in vain. “Please…,” he pleaded as he leaned forward and ducked his head on the boy’s shoulder, hiding his face as tears rolled down.

The boy moved back a bit. When he saw the tears, he was shocked. He was even more shocked when the man leaned in and pecked his lip ー not touching because the man was a mere shadow.

"If only I can give you the color of this world...," said the man as he closed his eyes.

So...

Pretty? Lovely.

Since childhood, I've had a pen pal named Pretty. She was a fun person, honest and kind, yet she had the tendency to tease me or bully me, which was unexpected of her penmanship, which started in firm, decisive strokes and ended in gentle, wispy slopes. She'd always leave me challenged and at the edge of my seat by the end of her letters. She was mature yet playful. I've always found the combination unusual, since for me, being an adult meant being a serious, boring person. Yet she wasn't, so I liked her.

When I was in high school, I started thinking that maybe what I was feeling was wrong. Pretty was a single mother and I was a pubescent teen. My classmates had girlfriends and boyfriends and were having sex like crazy any day, any time. Yet I felt none of those urges for I was always looking far away, wondering what she looked like, how she felt towards me. Half a world away, still she managed to pull at me like a crazed magnet.

Always, we each wrote two replies a month. I looked forward to them as if every time was Christmas eve so I was extremely dejected when suddenly Pretty stopped replying for six months. I waited until she started writing again. I remember being so happy when she was back, but there was something very different. The stationery, perfume, stamps, the pen and ink used, all were the same. Nevertheless, I just knew.

The feel was sober. Not as playful, but her writing became more charming and somehow, attractive. There was sorrow embedded that the unbearable need to meet dominated my thoughts more each day. I kept thinking of her, wanting her, in my dreams, in my waking hours. Somehow, I just knew I had fallen in love. That was four years ago, and I started calling her Lovely.

I arranged for us to meet before I started attending university. I just needed to talk to her in person. I knew I could be troubling her, given that she had her child to prioritize over a love affair with me, but she did say yes to our meeting, although I could sense a tinge of reluctance in her words. I didn't care, I was too happy to be finally meeting her. Nervous and giddy, I checked and double checked my appearance a bit too much before I entered the café we agreed on.

"Excuse, but could you be..."

A boy about three years younger spoke to me. He spoke softly and his voice was small. I looked at him and our eyes met. Then I knew.

"L-Lovely..."

I whispered, and he smiled sweetly. From his wallet he took a picture and showed it to me.

"My mother. She's not here now, but yes, she was lovely."

I stared at the picture while trying to figure out who the boy was.

"I'm sorry. The truth is, my mother died nearly five years ago. She made me promise to continue writing to you in her place, so as to not cause you grief."

The boy was looking down and twiddling his thumbs as he spoke.

"So I was in love with a ghost, is that it? I came all this way for this?"

"I-I'm really sorry."

He was really cute, to be honest, and I noticed that even with this revelation, my heartbeat never slowed down at all. He was still my Lovely, after all.

"I have to tell you something."

I said and he nodded, leaning forward.

"I miss Pretty, but I love Lovely more."

HE WAS THERE

He appeared one morning out of the blue, one moment I was brushing my hair and the next I looked out the window and there he was, with his sandy hair and pale complexion, with his thin frame and overall sickly constitution, the boy next door with his room opposite mine. I had heard my mom chat with a few of the neighbors about the new family that would be moving to the cul de sac in order to be near the hospital due the poor health of their youngest child. With my mom being head of nurses and my father being the realtor in charge of said house, she was well informed and was planning how to rally the neighbors into helping the new family through this troubled times.

I kept staring at him deciding how best to approach him, when his eyes met mine and his penetrating gaze made me blush for no reason at all. There was nothing frail about that stare, it spoke of an inner strength that made me think that he would be alright, and that made my heart warm and hope for the best. I said hi and waved my hand smiling and he returned the gesture not soon after. I could hear his mom called for him so I waved good bye, he smiled briefly at me and turn to exit his room. I finished prepping for school and once downstairs I asked my mom over breakfast if the new boy would attend classes. She said that due to his poor health he had been homeschooled from the start and that he would likely continue to do so. I asked my mom if he could have normal contact with other people or if he had a poor immune system that could be easily compromised. She said it was ok if I wanted to talk with him and be his friend, that it could improve his spirits and that his name was Jeremy.

On my way back from school I passed by his house and decided to visit, I climbed the few steps up his porch and rang the bell, after a moment a nice lady came out the door and asked me what I wanted. I told her I was there to visit Jeremy and she led me in and said that he was on the living room. When I saw him I introduce myself and we started chatting and getting to know each other. He told me he was due treatment in a couple of months and in the meantime he would go through several checkups to maximize the possibility of success.

We grew closer in the following weeks and by the time of the procedure we were fast friends. Within me I felt that my feelings were stronger than a friendship but since I had never experienced anything like this I was reluctant to acknowledge them. When the time came I went to the hospital to wish him the best of lucks and to spend a moment with him, I told him he meant a lot to me and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. He held my hand, brought me closer and whispered in my ear that he was in love with me. A tear escaped my eye and I hugged him like there was no tomorrow. Before I left we share a tender kiss on the lips and gazed longingly into each other’s eyes.

By morning his spirit was gone and I held on to both our loves.

2qx6qdu.gif2qx6qdu.gif

|| END OF ៙BL In Love WIth a Ghost ~Writer Contest~៙ ||

[YaoiOtaku Writer Contest]

Thank you all for taking part in our Writer Contest!

The choice has been really hard since all of you are skilled and talented. So, this month's winners are

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
@
@

The winner gets as follows:

- 5,000 points

- 1 Manga Cover card (please state which card you'd prefer)

Everyone participating gets 2000 points

2qx6qdu.gif2qx6qdu.gif

Hi

!!!

This was so much fun!

Congrats to

!
!
!
!
!
!

giphy.gif

I would like to request Kuroneko Kareshi

ZZZ%20Ma%20Kuroneko%20Kareshi%20no%20Asobikata.gif

Thank you and have an amazing weekend!

hahah, it's been fun & congrats to all of us... hurrrrayyyyyyy :)

thanks

:)

me wants Modoni Motoru's Dog Style... woof woof...

• 1 month later...

awwwww

have you forgotten me??? **sob sob**

i never gotten my Motoni Modoru Dog Style card nor my points :(

show me some looooveeeeee, baby :)