Hidden Power (18-virtualoo and wewuwe)

virtualoo

This world is supernatural-ish, and futuristic.

Gods of all history have finally begun living on earth, thus reproducing with humans.

After centuries of this, unaffected humans finally decided that demi-gods and hybrids were too dangerous, and set out to capture these people and leave them to rot in prison, or have them agree to a different type of therapy, one that pushes back their abilities to help live a normal life.

MC is the ancestor of Ra, the sun god. He isnt hot tempered as most would think, because hes too weary to be around humans, since he has a hard time controlling his bodies heat and flame abilities.

He finally gets caught by the Humanities Taskforce and MC agrees to the therapy, in hopes to live a somewhat normal life.

YC is the Therapist who is taking this task.

after months of therapy, MC starts to develop feelings for YC, but is dealing with the struggle of never being able to touch you, because he doesnt want to hurt you, but he is determined to fix his issues so he could confess to YC.

During this, there is side stories of maybe YC struggling with his secret abilities, or something within the Taskforce is causing too much harm than good.

(random side plot)

MC Finds out the Humanities Taskforce found his younger sister, Sol, and kept her for testing, since her ability made her not age. the task force knew higher wealth royals would pay for her ability for themselves, so they planned on experimenting on her and sell her abilities off for funding for the Taskforce.

----------------------

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Name: Aneki

Descendant of Tefnut, goddess of water

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• virtualoo

• Wewuwe

Name: Zephyr Olmsted

Descendant of Ra the Sun God

~

Zephyr sat in the waiting room of a small, depressing looking room.

With his hands laced together, he saw a few more people around him, coming here for the same reason.

"Fixing them."

His stomach twisted at the idea, but he didn't want to go to prison and live out his life there..

A small sigh came from him, then cleared his throat, trying to be strong.

Aneki looked over the paperwork for the next patient he was about to see. Zephyr...abilities...heat and flame abilities. At leas Tim the event he was touched he would be protected. But he knew he had to be careful...If it got out that someone on the task force was one of the every things they were trying to lock away or 'help'..it might become a bit of a problem. He took some deep breaths and focused to collect himself before opening his door.

"Zephyr Olmsted...?" Aneki stepped out into the waiting room, looking around the room of people. To think all of these people had abilities..It was an odd thought how a portion of the world had powers like these people...

The red headed man glanced up, seeing the Therapist standing in the doorway guarded by two large Taskforce agents.

He stood up and walked over to the man, standing taller than the man.

He scanned over the man, forcing a polite smile.

"Nice to meet you." His voice was a low rumble, but he did his best to be nice. He didn't extend his hand to shake Aneki's, for obvious reasons.

"Pleasure is mine.." Aneki said quietly, knowing the other was not too fond of being there just from the way he stood and spoke. While it was intimidating that the other stood taller than him, he has two TaskForce agents at the door to protect him. Luckily he ahd enough control of himself to even be a therapist...the irony. Who would help him should he have lost control? Never mind...now was not the time.

"This way..." Aneki gestured into the room, closing the door once he entered and taking his usual seat in his big plush red chair. "Have a seat.." He said, gesturing to a couch across from him big enough to fit 4 people on sitting next to each other.

Zephyr followed the man into the room, sitting down on the chair, looking around the room, assuming it was bugged or something.

He cleared his throat.

"I'm not really sure what to do in this situation." He finally spoke after a moment of silence.

"Well normally we would go about controlling yourself and all that which I am sure you are well aware of.." Aneki said with a small nod of his head. "But this first session will be a 'getting to know each other' kind of day I suppose..." Aneki got more comfortable in his chair as he was speaking. "I know some basics about you already but tell me more about yourself. And if you have questions about myself, now would be an ideal time to ask. We will be spending a good deal of time together after all" Aneki said with a small nod.

"Right."

Zephyr thought about it for a moment, brushing his hair back. "Before everything i was going to school online for my Masters in Molecular Science. But now I'm here." His voice bitter.

"I have a younger sister, who lives north of here. And if this actually works out, i hope to get a pet." he tried to say something positive, since he did want to adopt a cat, but was afraid of burning their fur.

"Exactly how long will i have to see you? every day?" His voice went low again. "Am i even allowed to go to my apartment after our meetings..?"

"An intellectual, good to see" Aneki thought as he was quite impressed to see that the other was studying for a degree in such an scientific field. That was a difference from half the people he has seen come through the room. And a sister? Interesting...and eh wants a pet? If he heard just this, he would assume that the man before him would just be your average guy and not harboring abilities. "You will be seeing me until you can be proven to have full control of yourself for a long length of time and you might be allowed to go to your apartment after meetings" Aneki said as he looked over him.

"Might?" he pressed his lips together, trying not to let this annoy him.

"Hopefully I can go home, I'm not one for being away from my home for more than a few hours. If anything, just observe me there too, I suppose I wouldn't mind. Even though I don't really have the choice.."

He trailed his shoulders tense with the situation.

"What about you? What made you want to do this? This can't be fun." He asked, leaning back and relaxing more.

"That would be likely.." agreeing with the other of going home but supervised. "And as for why I'm doing this...?" Aneki spoke before needing to think of an answer. He had to control himself and yet he was assigned to help others under the guise of being normal? What was he suppose to say? "I like helping people..even if this task isn't exactly fun by any means He said with a low chuckle.

"I don't really know how this is going to help." Zephyr said, looking down at his hands. "I've never been able to control it. It doesn't matter what mood I am, I just burn, things. People. Anything." He admitted. "I ordered gloves that are flame resistant so hopefully I can shake people's hands. Hopefully." He said. "Hard to find a job when your objective on your resume is "lighting shit on fire on accident." He tried to make a joke.

"That's what we are going to work on.." Aneki said with a small trying to be reassuring smile. "I know it's not going to be an easy or simple task but that is what we are going to work on" He nodded and wrote everything down that has been said so far in short notes. "I'm sure you'll find your match..." Aneki said, realizing it cookie be taken as a match used for fires pun he tried to move on to another topic. "That is a good start for where you are starting I assume. Here would be the safest place to practice when that time should come" Aneki said, hoping his own abilities can be in check if that were to happen.

"how is this suppose to help?" Zephyr raised an eyebrow. "aren't all we just talking? I dont see how that will help. i can talk all i want, but i still cant touch anything really." he frowned, leaning against the couch in irritation, keeping his hands crossed over his chest, making sure not to touch the nice couch.

"It's not like i can test how i am. It's-ugh...just watch." he leaned forward and reached out a hand, gently touching the flower arrangement next to him. He took a deep breath, trying to not hurt the beautiful flower. but the flower quickly dark brown, shriveling up and starting to smoke. he pulled his hand away just before he caught the flowers on fire.

"im not mad, sad, upset in any way. and i still can handle this." he said, leaning back again.

"It's more complicated than that..I meant trying the gloves to see if it is a good option to touch people i mean" Aneki said as he stood up and moved toward the flower arrangement. "My job is to try and make...I suppose a productive use of powers or suppression of some kind I suppose. It is a bit difficult to explain.." Aneki held the town petals in his hands before he carefully plucked the flower from the rest of the flowers.

Zephyr watched the man pluck the petals from the flower, envious on how he could touch it so easily.

"I suppose. But my gloves wont be here for another week, so what should we do then?" He asked, trying to start talking casually with Aneki.

"Hmm...You are right. There is only so much that can be done in a week" Aneki thought about, not sure what to do with the other. "I am honestly not sure, I didn't plan for that time.." Aneki said with a small shrug. "Is there anything you might want to talk about? We might end the session a bit early today after introductions" He smiled

"Not really. there isn't much to talk about." He said, "how long do i have to keep doing this? even after i get my powers in check?" he asked, watching the man scribble down things in his notepad.

(should we time skip to a few months so things can develop between them? and maybe Zephyr can have a little better control of himself? If you want to, you can skip in the next reply.)

(Good idea)

"We'be gotten pretty far since we've first began. Welcome back to another session" Aneki chuckled. "Don't worry, I will try to make it as quick as we can today huh?" Aneki smiled, taking his usual seat in his chair. "How have you been feeling recently?" Aneki asked as he looked toward him. There was this air about him..He couldn't quite place it.

Zephyr smiled at the smaller man.

"I feel like I've been doing okay. I didn't burn the railing on a set of stairs I went up. And I got to enjoy one spoonful of actual ice cream, not liquified shit, like I normally do. After the first spoon-ful I melted the rest on accident though." He couldn't help but laugh, his voice a warm chuckle. "The gloves work well enough, but I want to try touching things more without my gloves." He admitted.

"Progress!" Aneki smiled, genuinely happy for the other and his progress. It felt like he was succeeding through him and doing his job. And he had such a soft warm laugh too, it was nice to see this and not the brooding angry figure he saw in his first session. "I...well...Better time than any.." Aneki said, still doubting if he should actually be doing this right now. What if the other burned him or realized his own powers or he himself made the others hand too cold? "Try on my hand.." Aneki said as he extended a hand toward the other

Zephyrs smile fell from his face.

"Your hand?" He asked, looking st the hand in front of him.

"..I don't want to hurt you." He asked.

He was boiling with excitement about touching another person, since he hasn't in such a long time, but he knew he would hurt him.

"I don't think I should.." he said, but his hand reached out anyways, hesitating before taking a deep breath and letting his pointer finger lightly touch the man's palm. He felt an electric jolt of happiness just from another persons touch. Maybe he was more excited just because he finally got to touch the man in front of him.

He kept his breathing steady as he added another finger.

"I don't want to do anymore, what if I hurt you?" He asked, feeling a warmness build in his fingers. Not in a scary way, but it made him nervous.

Aneki never moved his hand even when Zephyr had doubts. He had to be strong and give him some positive reinforcement. He would need to practice touching people anyway. And it was nice to touch somebody..to not worry. "You're doing good.." Aneki said, feeling his own happiness from touching the others fingers. He spoke out loud to the other and to himself..nothing happened yet...good. "You got this..." Aneki said with a small smile and dared to hold the others timid hand in a very light grip, trying to keep his powers at bay unless things got bad.

Zephyr felt so proud of himself, he actually tightened his hand around the other man's hand in excitement.

"I can't believe this." he said, his voice full of excitement. He glanced up at the man, not helping himself from grinning happily.

He grew a little too confident and slid his hand up to the man's wrist, wrapping his fingers around the man's wrist, enjoying the warmth.

He looked down and creased his brow in worry when he felt his hand grow warmer than it was suppose to be. "Shit, i should pull away." he said, fear filling his face. "do...do you want me to keep going?" he asked, his hand loosening.

Aneki felt so happy for the other, seeing him so excited just to touch someone. He was excited for him and for himself for being able to let himself be touched like this.

He noticed the other seemed to get too excited and seemed to be unleashing more of his heat. For a moment, he wasn't thinking about it and concentrated his abilities to keep his wrist cool and not burn up. "You're fine.." Aneki smiled, putting the others hand on him. It took a moment to realize that he was probably really cold now and gently pulled away, not sure what to say.

• Saga locked this topic