Savior

brohne

Kenta

I watched Ryuu, my heart still feeling like it was gonna break outa my ribs. He was shaking, but there was a grin on his face. I wondered if maybe I was fucked up from getting hit in the head too much cause this didn’t seem fucking real. Ryuu hated blood, but it was splattered all over him now. I couldn’t see Rame where he was laying on the floor and I kinda didn’t want to.

“Umm . . . Ryuu . . . can you help me?”

“Oh! Oh yeah! Let me . . . what the fuck!”

I yelped, jerking as he moved my leg pain shooting up my spine.

“Kenta! Oh my god . . . how-why?“

“Just take it the fuck out . . .”

“Okay . . .” He didn’t move. Just staring at me.

“Fuck just do it Ryuu, it’s killing me.” I tried to relax but the way the fucker had strung me up it was almost impossible. I gasped as Ryuu moved my leg up.

“How many?”

“Three . . . I think . . .”

“He stuck three of them-“

“Yes Ito, and I can’t get them out on my own okay.”

“I know, okay, hang on I’m going to go get some lube, though I don’t know. Maybe I should take you to the hospital.”

“Fuck no! Come on Ryuu . . . you can do this, please. You’ve got to help me.” I was going to start crying again if he didn’t do something soon.

“I know, calm down . . . I just don’t want to hurt you.”

“I’m already fucking hurting.”

He got up and rummaged around on the floor. After a moment he was back in my line of sight holding up a bottle of lube.

“Alright, I’m going to take the first one out.”

I shuddered as he spread the cold lube around. I didn’t like the overly full and stretched feeling at all and I was simply in too much pain to try pushing the bottles out. Why the hell Rame thought it was funny to shove Ryuu’s make up bottles up my ass I’ll never know. I just wished Ryuu bought smaller bottles. I clenched my jaw as he slowly pulled the first one out.

“Kenta you are bleeding!”

“No fucking kidding. Just hurry the fuck up.”

“I-I don’t . . . see the other one, can you-“

“No . . . it hurts too much.”

“Oh god Kenta, I’m so sorry. Okay . . . let me umm . . .” I yelped, my legs shaking as he slid two fingers up inside me. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Just-ah there it is, let me try something.”

I think I blacked out after that cause I don’t really remember what he did exactly.

I was pissed as hell when I woke up. “You fucking took me to the fucking hospital you fucking jerk!”

“Kenta, stop yelling or you’ll rupture something. Again.” Sora flicked me in the ear.

“Ouch, leave me the fuck alone.”

“Ryuu is right, you are cute when you pout.”

I glared up at Sora. “Fuck off. Where is Ryuu anyway?”

“Aww are you missing him already?” Sora teased.

“Don’t make me get out of this bed.”

“He’s only been gone like five minutes. Sheesh, calm down already, he went to go to the bathroom and didn’t want you waking up alone.”

I didn’t know what to say to that so I just laid there staring at the ceiling. “Is he okay?”

“Not really. I mean, physically he’s doing better than you, but he-he’s really depressed. He’s scared you are going to be upset with him.”

“Of course he is.” I sighed and felt something pull where there shouldn’t be any kind of feeling. I looked up at Sora. “So why am I in the hospital anyway?”

Sora sat back and took a deep breath. “Well, Ryuu panicked when you passed out and called the paramedics. They kinda freaked when they got there and the cops were called too. It was like a scene from a crime drama.”

“How do you know?” I cocked an eye brow at Sora who coughed and looked away.

“Er-umm well, Ryuu called me before he called the cops and I was still just down the street . . .” He glanced at me, then quickly looked away. “You were in pretty bad shape. They did surgery last night to repair the damage.”

“D-damage?”

“Ah . . . I’ll let Ryuu talk to you about that.”

I was just about the tell him off, when the door slid open and a very worn looking Ryuu walked in followed by Hasu.

“You’re awake!” I had about two seconds to prepare myself and then Ryuu was smothering me with kisses.

“Ryuu-ouch . . . easy-ouch, stop for a fucking sec-“ He wasn’t listening. Sora finally pulled him off of me.

“Calm down Ryuu.”

Ryuu was pretty much ignoring him and grabbed my hand holding it to his chest. That’s when he started sobbing.

“Aww fuck Ryuu, don’t cry.” I tried to reach over with my other hand, but the I.V. line stopped me. I saw Sora gesture to Hasu and they both quietly left the room, Hasu waving and Sora winking at me.

It took me a while to get Ryuu calmed down but he finally quit crying and pulled a chair up beside the bed. Laying his head on the mattress next to mine he put one hand in my hair, the other stroking my arm. I’d almost drifted back to sleep when his soft singing woke me. The sound of his voice gave me chills and I didn’t know what to do so I just laid there and listened.

Wrapped up in your eyes

Black and blue from the breath of you

All of these subtle lies

You thought to hide

Deceitful dreamer so devout,

Did you think you could hide your naked heart?

I will kiss you so that a sigh cannot slip out.

Wrapped up in your voice

Black and blue from the hate of you

Do I have any choice?

Is all of this tenderness untrue?

Did you think you could slip away unseen?

I will kiss you so that even a sigh cannot slip out

Wrapped up in your love

Black and blue from the want of you

All of these schemes I am sick of

Did you think you could tame me?

I will kiss you so that even a sigh cannot slip out.

Wrapped up in this shroud

Black and blue from the sight of you

All of this is not something I vowed

Deceitful dreamer so devout.

Did you think you could hinder me?

I will kiss you so that even a sigh cannot slip out.

I turned to look at him feeling a tear slide down my cheek and quickly wiped it away. He caught my hand.

“Don’t Kenta. Don’t hide it. You are allowed to cry.”

“Ryuu . . .” I’d heard him sing so many times before, but never just for me and to me. The pressure in my chest was choking me. His words made so much sense and the emotion he put into it broke my heart all over again.

“It’s okay to cry Kenta. You had something horrible happen to you. It doesn’t mean you are weak. You are the strongest person I know. You’ve put up with me all these years, you’ve taken beatings that would have killed other people. You saved all of our lives. You are my savior.”

“No Ryuu . . . you are mine.” I tugged at his arm and he nestled closer, warm soft lips pressing to my forehead for a moment. “I would have been dead in some fucking alley if not for you. No shut the fuck up for a minute. This isn’t easy.”

Reaching up I touched his cheek. “I fucked up and I’m sorry. I just . . . after what happened to my sister I guess I never got over feeling so helpless and useless. I didn’t want to fail you like that and-“

“Wait you have a sister?”

“Had, she’s dead.”

“Oh Kenta, I’m sorry.”

“So am I. I’m the one who found her. Her fucking boyfriend beat her to death in our apartment.”

“Kenta!”

“Yeah, that happened when I was thirteen. So you know what I did. I got a baseball bat from my neighbor and I went and found the fucker outside the bar he was always at and beat him until the bat broke. By that time some fucker had called the police. I got charged as an adult and sent to fucking juvie for three years and he got nothing for murdering my sister.” I couldn’t talk anymore partly because I’d started crying again and then because Ryuu was kissing me. When he finally let me go so I could breathe he smiled at me his fingers playing with my hair.

“We can talk more about this later, okay? You look exhausted and way too pale. I’m so sorry about your sister Kenta. I can’t imagine what that must have been like, but I promise I’m not going anywhere. Alright. Go to sleep. I’ll be here when you wake up.”

I nodded, the pressure in my chest easing. Even if Ayame was gone, I had Ryuu. “Thanks and Ryuu . . . I love you.”

• Like 6

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brohne

• misakixusagi

• Ueda_Angel

• JenovaVII

I loved it loved it loved it loved it loved it loved it *repeats about 1,000 times*.....did I forget to mention I loved it?

• Like 1

Oh my , I love that chapter :) really happy now read it at wrk again lol well I read it twice now lol x

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ryuu

How long I sat there watching him sleep, I don’t know. I didn’t want to look away from him, an irrational fear that he’d disappear too strong to ignore. There were too many things going through my head. The overriding thought that I’d almost lost him for good permeated everything else. I still felt slightly numb, as if none of this could really be happening. All I had to do was lift my eyes to see Kenta and the reality came back with crushing force. Things couldn’t stay the same that was obvious. I’d talked with Nakamara that morning before they had let me back to see Kenta. I wasn’t going to have him be my bodyguard anymore. Not after everything that had happened.

When he woke up I was going to ask him to move in with me. I didn’t care what anyone said or thought. I couldn’t stand the thought of being separated from him anymore. He could live with me and have everything he wanted and needed. If I was totally honest with myself I wasn’t even sure what that entailed. I knew he liked his privacy that he liked cooking and working out, that he loved science fiction and action movies. Other than that I didn’t know near enough about him. What I did know about him was that he was selfless, tender, affectionate, passionate, kind . . . I could go on but I was running out of adjectives.

There was a soft knock at the door. Sitting up I turned to see my father poking his head in.

“He’s asleep?”

I nodded, then brushed the hair away from my face. “Yeah, the pain meds knocked him out.”

“Is it okay if I come in?”

“Sure.”

“No, don’t get up. I just wanted to check on you both. Have you slept at all Ryuunosuke?”

“A bit. I fell asleep in the recovery room after his surjury.”

“Have you eaten?”

“I had some coffee a bit ago.”

“Ryuu . . .” I looked up at his tone meeting the soft brownish gray eyes. He smiled softly at me. “Ryuu, you need to go eat and get some rest. You’ll not be allowed to see him if you get sick.”

“I’m not leaving him.”

“I thought you might say that.” He chuckled and got out his phone. He pressed a single button and after a moment spoke into it. “Bring it up.”

“Dad, what are you-“

“Nothing much Ryuu. Just making sure you are fed. I went and checked on the apartment. The detectives are finished with it, so I’m having the cleaners come in.”

“I . . . I don’t think I can go back there Dad.” Just thinking about it had me shaking slightly.

“I figured as much that’s why I’m selling it. It’s time you got your own place anyway. I’ll have everything packed up and ready to move-“

“Actually I’d like to do that myself. Once Kenta is out of the hospital I’d like us to do it together. I think it would help us both. You can get rid of the bedroom suite though, I don’t want to see it again.”

“I understand.”

It was quiet for a while, just Kenta’s soft breathing and the occasional beep of the monitoring equipment. We both turned as there was a knock at the door. Dad took two quick strides and slid the door open.

“Thank you, Sora. Did you want to say hi, Kenta is still asleep.”

“I’ll come up later when he’s awake. Catch you later Ryuu, enjoy the food.”

“Thanks Sora.” I waved trying to smile and knowing it was half-hearted. I wasn’t hungry. At least I thought so until the smell hit me. “Wow, what did you get Dad?”

“All of your favourites and some of Kenta’s that the doctor said he’s allowed to have.”

“Yeah, it sucks that he won’t be able to have meat for a couple of weeks.”

“He didn’t strike me as a big meat eater anyway. I got him ramen, just like he likes it. Plain. Silly boy.” I was a little surprised to see the obvious affection on my father’s face as he looked at Kenta. “Oh . . . just so you know, you mother is coming for a visit.”

“What?” I tried to keep too much shock from showing on my face but it must not have worked since he started laughing.

“Don’t worry, she’s staying at our penthouse suite at the Hilton. She’s going to want to take you both shopping.”

I groaned and put my head in my hands. “That’s going to be a fiasco. Mom and I usually go alone. Kenta hates shopping.”

“I know, but I was completely unsuccessful in talking her out of it. She’s determined to get you both entire new wardrobes. It’s her way of trying to cheer you both up after everything that’s happened. She’ll be much happier once she’s certain you are both outfitted properly.”

Turning to the cart he took the cover off one of the dishes to reveal a huge portion of spaghetti. The smell had me drooling instantly.

“Now, you eat. I’m going to go take care of things at the apartment. Oh and they’ll be bringing up a cot for you soon. I expect you to get some sleep son.”

I smiled at him, my first real smile in what felt like ages. “I will, I promise.”

The cot came just as I finished eating. Now that I was full, sleepiness hit with a vengeance. Pushing the cot as close to the bed as physically possible I shook out the blankets and laid down. I couldn’t remember ever sleeping on something so narrow and uncomfortable before, but it seemed my body didn’t care.

I held on to Kenta as we made our way to the waiting car. He seemed so small and frail, like the slightest breeze might knock him off balance. It was difficult for me to get used to being the one looked to for support. It usually made me uncomfortable, but it seemed to come naturally where Kenta was concerned. I didn’t really like how subdued he was, but I knew from everything I’d went through myself and with Sora that it would just take time. He needed me to be there to reassure him. It was almost funny how our roles seemed to have reversed in the relationship. Not that I minded. I would do anything for this beautiful man.

“Watch your head.”

“I know how to get into a fucking car.”

I grinned, that was more like it. Once we were settled in the back seat I leaned over and kissed him slowly savouring every little nuance of taste and twitch of his lips. His eyes were a bit glazed, his breathing heavier as he gazed at me.

“I love you Kenta.” His head dropped onto my shoulder as I sat back and gave the driver the signal to go.

“Where are we going?” He asked a few minutes later. He must have realized we were heading in the wrong direction to be going to the apartment.

“To our hotel room. We aren’t going back to the apartment.” He leaned into me more and I suddenly realized he’d been tense ever since we got in the car. He hadn’t wanted to go back, but of course he wouldn’t say anything. I slipped an arm around his shoulders and kissed his head. I was slowly but surely learning to read him. He might not talk near enough but his body language gave him away instantly, once you knew how to read it. The man was so subtly complex it was no wonder most people brushed him off, they couldn’t relate nor understand him. That was fine by me. If I had to be his filter through which he communicated with the world, I would and gladly.

I was suddenly reminded of what dad had said back in the hospital room. “Kenta . . . I want you to move in with me. I want us to go look for a new apartment together. A place we can both call home. I know you have your apartment but I’d really like it if you would come live with me. We can stay at the hotel until you feel up to going out and looking. I still have a couple of shows this month but there is plenty of time for us to look.”

He was quiet for so long I thought I’d upset him.

“I’d really like that.”

• Like 5

Kenta

Apparently Rame had fucked me up a lot worse than I realized at the time. That had been almost a week ago. I’d been out of the hospital for two days and Ryuu still would only let me out of bed to go to the bathroom. I was getting twitchy from being cooped up for too long. There’s only so much fucking tv you can watch before you wanna start chucking stuff at the screen. Didn’t help that the ‘no sex’ rule the doctor had laid out was one that Ryuu was following to the fucking letter. Every time I tried to get some action going he’d look at me and go ‘Sorry Kenta hun, doctor said nothing strenuous until the stitches are ready to come out.’ Fuck me, fuck my life. Rame had literally ripped me a new one. Goddamn fucking cunt bastard son of a fucking cunt licking bitch. I wanted to kill him, but he was safe behind bars from what Jiro had told me on the phone. I hope someone fucking shanked him to death in the shower with a fucking toothbrush.

I shifted around on the bed, trying to get more comfortable. Fucking stitches itched.

“You alright, do you need anything?” Ryuu was sitting in a big poufy looking chair over by the patio doors.

“Out of this goddamn bed.” I didn’t bother to hide my irritation.

Closing his book with a snap Ryuu looked at me one eyebrow arching. “Well, I suppose we could go for a walk.”

“Really?”

He laughed and got up. “That anxious huh? You have been stuck in here for a while.”

“No shit.”

He helped me up and I took the chance to pull him close and kiss him. He smiled at me and ran his fingers through my hair.

“Actually . . . there is one place I want to go. We need too anyway.” He gave me a hopeful look the grey eyes questioning. I groaned.

We’d already talked about this. I wasn’t exactly fucking thrilled, but as usual Ryuu had a point. I needed to get my stuff. “Alright, might as well.”

“Awesome! You just make sure and tell me if you get too tired or start hurting alright.”

“Yeah, yeah, I will.” I waved him off as I headed to the dresser to find some clothes. My excitement about getting out of the hotel room was a bit squashed knowing I’d have to show Ryuu my apartment. Ah well, it was going to happen soon or later. Not like I wanted to lose what little I did actually fucking own.

He did his usual ‘lets see how close we can get before we fucking trip over each other’ routine on the way to the car. I had to admit, the valet service was nice. No running to get the car. Ryuu stood next to me, one hand playing with my pony tail. The valet didn’t even give us a second glance which was refreshing after the stares we’d gotten other places. Ryuu is so damn affectionate.

He talked nonstop on the drive to the south side. Apparently Kaori was coming to visit next week. She was staying the whole week. The whole fucking week. I could handle it. I hoped. Maybe I’d go stay with Hayate, no that meant dealing with Isao, the prissy bitch. Even if he was nicer now. Ugh, whatever at least she wasn’t staying with us. That I could not handle. Ryuu’s constant need to check on me and take care of me was bad enough and I knew Kaori well enough to know she’d be ten times worse.

The car stopped a few blocks away so we could get out and walk for a bit. Ryuu had finally quieted down once we’d entered the run down area. He’d mostly just looked out the window, those silver-grey eyes missing nothing.

It felt nice to be outside. The cold December breeze made me shiver but I couldn’t help grinning. Not even the smell of rotting garbage as we passed an alley was going to change my mood. Ryuu gagged and I reached up and put his scarf over his nose and mouth. I smirked at his glare.

“It’s only going to get worse.”

Turning down the narrow street I sighed seeing it pretty much exactly as I remembered. Trash lined the road along with discarded furniture and a moped or two. The mixed stench of old food, rotting fabric and gasoline made me a little nauseated. Not even the cold temperature helped. A rattle and crash had Ryuu yelping and nearly bolting back down the street. I grabbed him and pointed as three scruffy kids sprinted across the street.

“Calm down. Fuck you trying to give me a heart attack?”

He shook his head. “Sorry. Were is your-“

“The building at the end of the street.”

“It looks abandoned. Are you sure?”

“I know my own fucking apartment Ryuu.”

“Yeah . . . sorry.”

I paused at the bottom of the stairs that led up to the second story, realizing he wasn’t with me. I turned to see him a few feet away staring up at the building.

“You . . . people actually live here?”

“Yeah, it’s full actually. Common up. The stairs won’t hold us both though so wait till I get to the landing.”

The front door was just as I’d left it, the wire through the hole where the handle normally went was just the way I’d tied it when I’d left last time. It took me a second to get it undone and I suddenly realized I wasn’t going to be able to hold the door up. It fell into the apartment with a crash. Ryuu gasped and grabbed me.

“Well fuck.”

“What happened?”

“Door’s broke.”

“Y-yeah . . .” I glanced up to see Ryuu staring passed me. He slowly let me go and took a step into the apartment. My futon was still unfolded against the far wall, the newspapers sticking out of the crack in the wall above it. Had to do something to keep the nasty old woman on the other side from watching me. The portable stove was off to the side near the boxes of ramen I kept stashed there. The other two boxes held my clothes, shirts and jeans in one, socks and underwear in the other. A few loose weapons were off to the side but other than that the apartment was empty. Looking at it I was suddenly struck with just how awful it really was.

The next instant I was being hugged so tight it hurt. “Kenta, I’m so sorry. If I’d known it was like this I never would have let you stay here.”

“Fuck Ryuu it’s nothing to cry-“

He jerked back his hands gripping my shoulders. I gasped shocked as he shook me hard enough it kinda hurt, “Don’t you dare tell me it’s nothing to cry about! Kenta, this is a slum! No it’s worse than a slum, this place should have been condemned ages ago. I can’t believe you lived here. It makes me sick to think you were living like this when I’ve had more than enough room for you this whole time. Why didn’t you ever say anything?”

I had to look away, unable to take the intensity of those eyes. “I . . . I didn’t think it was important . . .”

“Kenta!” Ryuu sighed obviously not happy with my answer. “Fucking hell are you really that dense?”

I blinked, shocked to hear him cuss like that. “No . . . I just-“

“Just leave it. Lets go. I’m not touching anything in here. No offense but, we’ll get you all new stuff.”

“Let me get my weapons and my pictures at least.”

“Of course. And Kenta if you ever keep something like this from me again I’ll kick your skinny ass.”

• Like 4

I'm still working on the final chapter of Savior as well as editing the full novel. I'm hoping to have the full manuscript available for you to download by the end of the week. It's with special thanks to Misakixusagi that I'm able to finish. I lost the whole file when my laptop crashed and she had a copy for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Misaki is searching for the end of savior as she is majorly bored....... and desperate to read it..... ^_^^_^^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Brohne: I don't know where to start. I'm speechless. Your story is so damn good. It's been so long since a story caught me this way. It's extremely well written, so well shaped. I like the 2 voice narrator bec you get to know everything is going on. I love the characters, so well built, their personalities. I fell for Kenta, you know....

I felt everything they felt. The pain, the sadness, the desire, I even cried. And now that there's nothing more to read, I feel like empty, wishing the muses inspire you soon to read more.

Just to finish, I leave here 12 thanks for each of the pages I've read. Thank you very much for being so talented and give me so many enterntainment.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since it seems my earlier comment disappeared, I wanted to post again and tell everyone how much I appreciate your taking the time to read Savior. It's been so much fun to write and I am thrilled so many of you enjoyed reading it.

I am still offering the full novel for download. Just pm me. ^___^

• Like 5

I am having trouble putting this into words.... You are a fine fine writer - I hope you find a publisher because this is a wonderful novelette just wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! So good just so damn good!

• Like 1

So, for those of you who are interested and who enjoyed Savior I will be starting to post chapters of the next novel Bonds which is Ryuu/Kenta centric as well. I hope you enjoy it as much as the first one. ^__^

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Holy shit........

I read everything from top to bottom in one go....

No freaking way i was going to stop!!!

This is uterlly fantastic, i've never, ever came across such detailed story, character description, plot...

This if just absolutely amazing...

I read the first chap a long time ago, when i just came to YO, for some stupid reason i didin't read more(i feel like coming back to that day a punch myself so hard till i bleed)...

You probably heard this, well with the most absolute honesty, from many many people...

But brohne, this is just pure perfection!

Congratulations!

You're one hell of a writer, and hun, if you're not making a living out of it, well you most definitely should...

Cause you're f****** brilliant...

No more words!

• Like 2