Princess Prince (Silverwyn x Pigeon)

Kotorichan

Garret nodded. "I'll meet you where we trained before." He said before stepping away and saying a bit louder.

"I suppose I best let you see to that then. I'll see you later." He gave Haru a small bow and turned back to his brothers.

"And thank you all for sparring with me. Prince Jae, I would like to spar with you again next time. Do you think you will be travelling out for the wedding?"

Since his council would not be happy without it being an extravagant affair, he'd told Seo they'd probably need a minimum of six months. But Haru was welcome to spend as much of that time in Olivan as he liked. Seo hadn't yet told him if he wanted to arrange any ceremonies for Reppin.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• Silverwyn

Haru returned the bow before turning to walk away. He paused for a moment to listen in to Garret's conversation with Jae.

"Of course," The crowned prince responded coolly. "I would not dream of missing it." With that he left, not giving anyone a chance to respond.

Haru lightly chewed his lip before returning to his room. He waited a few minutes before grabbing some more comfortable clothes and changing to his deer form. His hooves made a light clicking sound as he trotted through the halls and outside, finally reaching the spot where they had trained before.

Garret excused himself not long after, walking as though heading back to his rooms, but then making his way to the secluded spot they'd used before.

Normally he'd go clean up, but since he was about to work up some more sweat, there was no point.

As he stepped into the clearing, he once again removed his shirt, prepared for their training.

Before starting however he gave Haru a questioning look.

"You needed to speak to me about something?"

Haru had changed back to his human form and was redressing himself when the king arrived. He blushed softly and quickly finished fixing his clothing. "Yes... It is about Jae..." He lightly chewed his lip, unsure how to say it. "I just wanted to ask you to be careful with what you say and do around him. He does not say much, but he is always planning something."

"I believe that he will either go down in history as our greatest ruler, or a terrible monster. He wants to make this country great, and is not a selfish person... But on the other hand I know that he has no emotional attachment to human life. It is just another asset, like gold, grain, or silk." Haru fidgeted with the edge of his sleeve. "Perhaps it is just my nativity that lets me think this way... But I would rather keep 100 people alive with one meal a day for a year, than let half of them die just so that the rest will be stronger during that time..."

"I apologize however, I should have said this sooner. I am sure that he had a reason to fight you. It could just be to assess your strength, or to create some kind of relationship with you... But there is a chance he had something else planned."

Garret carefully considered Haru's words and slowly nodded.

"Thank you for the warning. I'll be wary of him. And we should definitely keep an eye on his policies. If human life is just another commodity to him, then I'd very much like to get an idea what kind of value it holds to him before he has any real power. That knowledge, will help us predict what kind of actions he might take at the expense of the peoples' lives."

He fell silent for a bit as though still thinking it over, then with a sigh he shrugged it off and turned his attention back to Haru.

"Shall we get started?"

He started with a recap of the three moves they started with last time, then used the same methods to teach him the next three. He found he was still quite pleased with Haru's progress as finished and parted ways to prepare for lunch.

After lunch Garret had another discussion with Seo regarding the wedding and the matter of if there would be one or two ceremonies.

Since they were leaving the next day, dinner was slightly larger affair than usual. Garret was quite pleased to find that the majority of Haru's brothers were having a difficult time finding a difficult seating position.

"Do you suppose they've realized my treatment of them had anything to do with their treatment of you?" He discreetly asked his fiance.

"I suppose it's not very likely is it?"

"I am sure that Jae has, and possibly Kwan as well... I think that Bora and Chul simply look up to you..." Haru paused for a moment, unable to hide a smirk. "And I do not think anything short of explaining it to him will make Suk understand. He probably has come up with some excuse as to why you beat him. He is completely delusional."

Haru was not able to see much of Garret for the next few days. His father insisted on having Haru ride in a separate carriage, saying that the prince might offend Garret somehow. He honestly believed that spending a full day in close quarters with Haru would make Garret call off the wedding entirely.

Finally they arrived in Garret's homeland. Haru had only brought along one servant, a very quiet young man who wouldn't be pushy about following the Kings usual orders.

As soon as the carriage stopped Haru jumped out, his eyes wide in amazement. He had never left his country, in fact he had never left the capital city of his country. His excitement had been building the entire ride as he looked out the window, and now it was finally bubbling over. It took all of his self control not to go running to the palace and exploring. He couldn't stop his ears and antlers from popping out. Even his tiny tail popped out, making his robes move as it twitched beneath the cloth.

Garret dismounted, gave a few orders, and then moved to Haru's side to offer him his arm, smiling at his obvious excitement.

"I can't show you around all of it right now, but how about a small tour?" He offered.

They'd only been walking fifteen minutes when Garret's head Secretary managed to track them down.

He immediately fell in beside them and started explaining the most urgent things that needed the King's attention.

Garret paused long enough to glance over the handful of documents, tell the secretary what to do about this or that, and then sent the secretary and his documents back on his way.

"Sorry about that, shall we continue?" Garret apologized to Haru and then indicated the direction they'd previously been walking.

"Hey Haru, about your other form... For now it will be best if you stay human. Too many people hunt the forests around here. I'll section off an area you can safely roam in your stag form, but it will take a while to make it safe."

Haru looked around with wide eyes as they walked. He clung to Garret's arm, although it was only to keep himself from running off to look at all the interesting things. He kept asking simple questions and commenting on the things he saw. Although he went silent as soon as the secretary stepped up to them.

His ears flattened at the comment about his other form, his eyes flashing with fear at the mention of hunting. "Oh... I'll stay in this form then..." He went quiet, his antlers and ears disappearing. "It's just kinda hard to control when I get excited, I'll be careful though."

A soft sigh escaped his lips before he put on a bright smile, looking up at his fiance. "If you have things you need to do then I don't mind waiting for you to show me around. I'll try not to wander off and get myself lost, but I can't make any promises."

• 2 weeks later...

Garret shook his head. "If your ears and tail pop out occasionally, it's not really a big deal. Although it would be best if they didn't make their appearance in a large crowd of people who don't really know you. You would startle them. I'm just concerned about you taking full stag form for now. It's not really safe right now." He assured his fiance.

"As for my work, the more pressing matters have been attended to. I can spare some more time to show you around. Let me show you my private garden. It's small, but safe if you so feel the need to shed your human form for a while."

He lead Haru down several corridors and through a larger garden to get to the private garden. It was walled garden locked by a key that very few people had.

"I'll have a copy of the key made for you." He said as he unlocked the gate and ushered Haru in.

By human standards it was plenty of space to walk around and enjoy, but it certainly wasn't enough space for a stag to really stretch it's legs.