Princess Prince (Silverwyn x Pigeon)

Kotorichan

hauu_by_beebbub-dbadcp5.png

Haru Jang-Mi

The youngest of six princes, Haru was predicted to be the first princess by the palace fortune teller. When he was born male he was considered to be a male body with a female spirit, although he never saw himself as a female. His brothers usually teased him especially as he grew up to have a feminine face and figure. Because of the teasing Haru became very moody and never got close to anyone. He has no interest in getting married and is angry that someone would want to marry him, especially since he has never met the man.

Haru is very short, only 5'2, and is from a species of deer people. He can change into a pale peach deer and can make his ears and antlers disappear. But he finds it more comfortable to keep them out, especially because the ears make it easier for him to hear

Haru's bare feet smacked against the wooden floors of the palace as he ran from his room, away from the servants holding expensive silk clothing, away from his responsibilities.

"Haru-daegun! Please come back!" A voice called after him.

Haru ignored the words. There was no way that he was going to be married off so easily. Just because he was the youngest he had to marry some king he had never met. Probably some old creep who was building a harem.

He pushed open a door and leapt into the garden, not caring that his feet were getting dirty. This was his favorite place in the palace. It was the closest thing he had to freedom, no matter how well kept it was.

His feet carried him through the shallow water at the edge of a pond, sending ripples which scared away the colorful fish. Haru had no plan as to where he was going, as long as he could get away from the servants who where under orders to make Haru look as beautiful as possible.

Why should he have to play along with this? When Haru met his fiance he planned to make it clear that he wasn't going along with this without a fight.

He pushed another door open, running inside at full speed. His feet left a trail of mud and water on the floor. As he turned a corner Haru made the mistake of looking back to see if anyone was following him and ended up running head first into the very man he was trying to avoid. Haru's father had been giving the other king a brief tour of the palace before introducing the two.

Before Haru could even register what had happened he was knocked aside by a sharp slap to the face from his father.

"" he turned to their guest and bowed deeply, grabbing the back of Haru's head and pushing him into a bow. "My apologies Soluvius-jeonha, my son seems to have forgotten his place."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• Silverwyn

CXmveRMWMAEy-xY.jpg

love__guren_ichinose__by_hoesofolympus-d94rbm3.pngbe53794dde9ba7c2f4faa121c573a555.jpg

Garret Soluvius

A soldier King through and through, Garret told his council he had no time or patience for the frivolities of women and did not care to take a wife.

They were determined he marry, and in the end he chose a political marriage to the youngest child of the neighboring kingdom. A match chosen to cement their alliance, improve trade between their kingdoms, and ensure continued peace between them even as Garret continues his assault on the kingdom of Silendia to the south.

There had always been a tacit agreement between Garret and the king of his eastern neighbor. An unspoken "You don't attack me, I won't attack you." From what he understood of them they were a fairly peaceful kingdom, populated by fairly peaceful people, and were unlikely to make the first move.

On the other it was only natural to be nervous when all the other kingdoms around them were being conquered by King Soluvius of Olivan. And even peaceful people can get fierce when they feel backed into a corner.

Garret truly had no wish to fight them. His family had a long history of mutual respect with the Jang-Mi's. So when his council brought him a list of prospective marriages and he spotted Haru Jang-Mi on there, it seemed like the perfect solution. His council would be happy, he wouldn't have to concern himself with a scheming nagging women, it would solidify the tentative relationship between their countries and set the mind of the Jang-Mi's people at ease.

Garret was rather enjoying his time being hosted by his prospective bride's family. There were many aspects of their country that he hoped this marriage could help him introduce to his own country.

He wasn't particularly concerned about what Haru was like. This was a political marriage. If they suited each other and got along well, great! If not Haru could do his own thing and Garret would probably be too busy conquering other countries for them to be able to get in each other's way.

In short, he cared more about strengthening his bonds with the Jang-Mi's than the impending meeting with his betrothed.

He was rather surprised when the small person who ran right into him turned out to Haru himself.

Garret found himself looking the young man over. Despite the disarray of his clothes and his muddy feet, the youngest prince was just as pretty as the rumors said.

Garret inclined his head in acknowledgement. "No need to be harsh. It was an honest mistake I'm sure." Garret said pleasantly.

"Your son certainly does not need pretty clothes to be beautiful. My people will be most delighted to see him by my side, which will in turn make my council quite happy I am sure."

He directed his gaze directly to the youngest prince. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance prince Jang-Mi. If this is how you look now, I can't wait to see the stunning vision you will make when you are dressed for the evening meal."

Haru felt his cheeks flush in anger at the man's words. He hated being treated like this, like a princess. Things like 'cute' or 'beautiful' brought up deep feelings of rage from years of being teased by his brothers. He opened his mouth to say something rude but stopped when he noticed the cold glare from his father.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Soluvius-jeonha..." He finally mumbled, managing to wiggle away from his father. "I apologize for my appearance. I did not realize that you had already arrived." His head lowered in another deep bow.

The pitter-patter of many feet signaled the arrival of the gaggle of servants which had been tasked to prepare Haru for the meeting. They all stopped in their tracks and bowed deeply, the leader of the group murmuring profuse apologies to their king.

Haru's father, Seo Jang-mi, gestured for Haru to leave with the servants. The prince straightened up and moved past his father. "" He hissed, earning himself another slap which almost knocked him over. The servants gasped softly and quickly ushered the young prince away to be cleaned up for dinner.

Garret sighed a little.

He knew the language. Due to the long standing relationship between their families, it had been a required part of every Soluvius' education. Though Garret's father had claimed it to be a waste of time and attempted to remove it from the curriculum. The language had appealed to Garret however and he'd chosen to learn it himself.

It was not widely known that he knew it however, and he didn't wish to embarrass his future father-in-law by revealing that he understood things meant to be private.

He supposed the young prince probably wasn't the only one to harbor such sentiments regarding this marriage.

It seemed He and his fiance would need to come to some sort of understanding at some point. But certainly not until they had some time alone together.

"Shall we finish the tour? I rather enjoy the atmosphere of your home."

Relief washed over Seo's features at the suggestion, glad to move on. "Yes, of course. Please follow me." The king began to show his guest the rest of the expansive palace. Meanwhile Haru was being carefully groomed by the servants.

The prince sat perfectly still as his hair was weaved into intricate braids. His eyes glazed over slightly as he waited. Each of his flaws were expertly hidden by makeup until he looked more like a doll than a living being. He was dressed in layers and layers of silken robes which made his body to heavy to run. His freshly cleaned feet were pushed into tight shoes which only made it more difficult for him to move freely.

Finally he was lead towards the dining room, accompanied by his personal servants. By the time he arrived Seo had finished the tour and brought Garret to sit at the table along with Haru's brothers.

Haru bowed deeply as he entered, not saying a word as he did. He didn't want to talk to either of these men. He could feel the bruises forming on his face under the thick layer of makeup.

Seo gestured towards the open seat next to Garret. "Haru, perhaps you should next to Solvius-jeonha?"

With a barely audible huff of annoyance Haru moved to sit next to his fiance.

Garret eyed the young prince critically as he made his way to the seat beside him.

Once Haru was seated, Garret leaned over to say something for his betrothed's ears only.

"I must say I'm glad you ran into me before dinner. Your servants have buried you're natural beauty. It's atrocious. I suggest you leave them behind for the wedding."

Having had his say, he straightened back up and returned his attention to Seo Jang-Mi on his other side as though nothing had happened.

"I have long respected your people King Jang-Mi, I do hope this marriage can help to set their minds at ease and that we can both be of great help to each other. I'm rather interested in your irrigation system. I think if we combined it with my country's aqueduct system we could make something quite spectacular. If you like, after the wedding I can send some of my engineers to you. Working with your engineers, I think they could come up with some innovative ways to improve the quality of life for our respective countries together." Garret shared as a hopeful prospective result of the this marriage.

Haru had prepared himself for something like an insult or a backhanded compliment when his fiance leaned in to speak. But the man's words completely took him off guard. Hiding his natural beauty? What did that mean? He had always been told that the makeup, hair, and clothing was what brought out his beauty. He was told that being loud and fierce and messy just his his beauty.

"Are you mocking me?" Haru asked, so quietly that he wasn't sure if Garret could actually hear him.

Seo's face lit up at the suggestion. "Ah, we would be honored to work with you on such a project. I had entertained such thoughts myself. I think that perhaps we could both be if it greatly from combining our greatest minds."

"Perhaps we could also combine our greatest weapons as a show of trust." Haru cut in. "Have you shown Sulvius-jeonha-"

"Haru, now is not the time to speak of such violent things." The king snapped, a hint of panic in his tone.

"Indeed, this certainly isn't the time speaking of violence. On the other had, should you ever wish to corroborate on improved defenses, please do not hesitate to let me know. with the bonding of this marriage, my strength is your strength. I do hope you won't hesitate to seek aid from us if you should ever need it."

It wasn't that Garret was oblivious to the implications of what Haru had said, it was just rather obvious that it was a touchy subject with his future father-in-law. So he directed the conversation back to more pleasant things that kind of related. And it was no secret that Garret was an expert in offense and defense, so the offer was relevant.

Dinner stretched on for quite a while and the conversation stayed to more pleasant topics after that.

As things were finally winding down and it became an appropriate time to excuse himself, Garret once more addressed Haru in the semblance of privacy that leaning close and speaking quietly offered.

"I certainly have never mocked you my dear. Should you wish to seek me out to speak frankly with each other about this marriage, I will likely be in the fountain garden shortly after dawn tomorrow. I encourage you to speak your mind and I will do the same. For now have a pleasant night prince Haru." He offered a small, polite bow, bid his good nights and all the necessary pleasantries to his host and departed from the dining to retire for the evening.

Haru stayed silent for the rest of the dinner, he was about to rise to leave when the man leaned in to speak again. He hesitated and gave a slight nod before returning to his room. It took him nearly two hours to undress, remove the makeup, undo the braids, and bathe. Finally he was ready to sleep. He collapsed on his bed and stared up at the ceiling.

From what he had seen Garret wasn't as bad as Haru had expected. The other man wasn't that old, and he was fairly attractive... Haru felt his cheeks flush at the thought. Why was he being attracted to someone he just met?

He rolled over onto his stomach and hid his face in his pillow. He was just tired... That was it.

The next morning Haru woke before dawn and quietly climbed out of bed, careful not to wake the servants sleeping I'm the next room. He brushed the tangles out of his hair and put the locks in a loose braid. He dressed in a light hanbok which was far too simple for meeting his future husband.

The prince slipped out of the room and snuck out to the garden where Garret said he would be waiting. He arrived just as the sun was coming up and looked around for the man, hoping that he wouldn't make a fool of himself by coming too early.

Garret was already there. He was well accustomed to rising before the sun. It was a trait that had won him many advantages in battle.

Rather than actually walking however, he was staring into the dark depths of the fountain that was only just barely starting to get the slightest touch of light from the impending sunrise. As the light spread, chasing away the illusion of depth brought on by the darkness, he seemed to come to himself and finally realized he wasn't alone anymore.

He turned to face his betrothed. "Ah, thank you for coming." he inclined his head in greeting. "Good morning. Shall we walk or do you prefer to sit?" he indicated the rim of the fountain.

"As I said last night, I rather hope we can be frank with each other. If you'll permit me to start. From our first meeting I got the sense you don't like me much. Quite frankly I don't care. In all honesty, my council has been hounding me to marry, I don't care to deal with frivolous scheming women, my step mother was quite enough of that for me, and my people need someone they can fawn over and adore. I have never had any intention to make a move on this country, but I am not oblivious to how nervous my continued conquests have made your people and I do not wish to make your country feel backed into a corner. Thus this marriage suits me in many ways. You yourself are gorgeous when you're not hiding behind so many layers. My people will adore you, which will in turn make my council happy. And this marriage will strengthen the relationship between our countries, in turn giving your people peace of mind and cause for celebration. You don't need to like me, and you're quite welcome to do whatever you like in your free time as long as you're not endangering yourself or the people's opinion of you."

Haru listened in silence, taking in the man's words. When his finace finished speaking he took a moment to gather his thoughts. "I... Do not dislike you..." He said finally. "I have nothing against you or your country. However I strongly dislike my father and his motivations for arranging this marriage. In fact, I don't even dislike his reasons. I dislike his dishonesty. He pretends that it is to improve trading and so that we can work together to improve technology. But it is just because he knows that you could easily crush us. Just the fact that he hasn't shown you what kind of weapons we are developing is enough for that, since he is very proud of the progress."

He sat at the edge of the fountain, staring down at his feet. "I always knew I would end up in an arranged marriage. I'm not the oldest so I wouldn't have any other use to my people. I'm actually relieved that you are not as bad as I was imagining." A slight smile crossed his lips for a moment. "I was expecting some old pervert."

"And I'm not the one who chooses what I wear." His fingers moved to lightly touch one of the bruises that had formed on his cheeks. "My father has given the servants guidelines for how I should look at all times."

Garret let the prince speak his part, and then crouched down in front of him so he could see his face.

"Haru, your father never proposed this marriage to me. My council literally made a list of beneficial marriages to eligible young men. I was the one who chose you off that list and approached your father. And it is very likely he felt that for the sake of his people he could not refuse me. But as kings we have a duty to our people. Is it so wrong for him to want his people to be able to sleep easy at night? As for your father's weapons, it is possible he is embarrassed. No doubt I am the one he had a mind to use them on as they were being developed. And now here I am, showing good faith and working to keep the peace with him. Showing those weapons to me would be like admitting he was scared."

He let out a light laugh. "That said, I will admit your father's taste in beauty is quite atrocious. Bring whatever servants you wish to keep close to you, but I'll assign some new servants to dress you. I won't have you looking like a walking mannequin in my court."

"I do not have any servants that I am particularly close to..." Haru grumbled. "In fact I'd rather not bring along any of those people who keep nagging me for the tiniest things."

He went quiet again, letting his hair fall in front of his face to hide his expression. "And... Stop saying those things like its somehow supposed to fix my relationship with him... We only met yesterday. You don't know anything about me or my relationship with that man..." He clenched his hands into fists. "Besides, wouldn't it be better for you if I wanted to leave this place? Then you wouldnt have to be bothered by me being homesick or something..."

"I know what it means to be king Haru. And I also know that I spent most of what time I had with my own father angry and hating him. I didn't like or understand the choices he was making for me and for the country. I hated him right up to the day he died. And then I became King and I started to understand what he had truly done and why he'd done and said the things he had. There are still some things I don't agree about, but now it's for a totally different reason. And my greatest regret right now is probably the poor relationship I had with him, and how grossly I misunderstood him."

With a sigh, he stood up. "Also, since it is likely I'll be paying additional visits here even after the wedding, it would be rather awkward for me to have to explain to your father that you refused to come with me. I certainly can't tell him to his face that you seem to hate his guts."

By now then the sun was fully risen and the activity around the palace was becoming increasingly apparent. No doubt the prince's absence had already been noted.

"I am pleased that we were able to talk, but the day is moving along and it is likely time we returned to our respective rooms before we are spotted here. Thank you for speaking opening with me."

"You..." Haru bit his lip. "He wouldn't care." He hopped up and bolted back towards his room where he could hear the servants calling for him. Once he had returned he was dressed up in a similar fashion to the night before and surrounded by servants who escorted him to breakfast where his father and siblings were waiting.

Haru found himself staring at his father, wondering if he would regret not becoming closer to the man. Haru had always felt that he had been a disappointment, and that his father had always blamed him for his mother's death. But perhaps that was just Haru projecting his own feelings on the other man... Maybe Garret was right?

The prince shook the thought away. No, he couldn't let a stranger get into his head so easily. Garret didn't know anything about this. Haru wasn't the crown prince, he wasn't being trained to take over the country. He was just a tool.

He chewed his lip, making a viable dent in his thick lipstick. Fortunately his father didn't notice as they waited for Garret to arrive.

Garret arrived well groomed and smartly dressed. "I apologize if I've kept you waiting. I'm and early riser and I'm afraid I got a little engrossed in your fountain garden. The servants had trouble finding me." He explained and he took the seat indicated to him.

He acknowledged Haru, and then turned to the king.

"I hope this morning finds you in good health." He greeted politely. "I apologize if this is too forward. But if you are still in favor of this wedding, then perhaps today we can work on outlining the contracts to make this betrothal official? As much as I love it here in your country, unfortunatly my time remaining here is limited. Matters in Silendia can only be put off for so long. I would also like to arrange for Haru to visit my court for an engagement announcement."

"Ah, it is not too forward in the least." Seo replied, smiling brightly. "I was hoping to ask you the same thing. I hope this is not rushing things in any way, but I was wondering if you would want to have the wedding in Olivan or here in Reppin?"

"How much longer will you be here?" Haru asked quietly. His gaze stayed on his plate. "Will I just be returning with you to visit?" He tried to hide the fear he felt. Haru had never left his home country, and now his first time leaving would be to visit his new finace's homeland. He couldn't help but shiver slightly, clenching his hands into fists in his lap.

"Olivan I imagine. My council won't have it any other way. Of course if you want to have a ceremony here as well for the sake of your people and customs, I certainly won't say no. I can imagine travel wouldn't be very feasible for most of them."

He stopped to take a few bites and swallowed before answering Haru's question. "I'll be leaving three days from now. Of course, prince Haru is welcome to travel with me if you're uncomfortable with him travelling on his own. He would however need to be prepared to leave in three days."

In his experience, those unfamiliar with travel or war were not generally prompt, and preparing on such short notice was a stretch. But still, the offer needed to be made.

"Ah, if it is not too much of a bother then I think it would be good for Haru to have a chance to travel with you. Perhaps it could ease some of his anxieties of travelling, as well as give him some time to grow more accustom to your company." Seo glanced at Haru. "Would that be preferable Haru?"

Before Haru could say anything one of his brothers spoke up. "" He laughed, the other princes joining in. ""

"" Seo said, a hint of laughter in his voice. ""

Haru's face twitched in anger, his eyes burning. He suddenly rose to his feet. "Please excuse me Soluvius-jeonha. I feel somewhat faint, I will have to take my leave early." He lowered his head in a deep bow before shooting his brothers a cold glare and leaving the room

Garret was frowning, trying not to glower at the other princes too openly.

"Is everything alright? Prince Haru looked rather upset." he asked, in an attempt to play that off as the reason for his frown.

He didn't stick around much longer after that. Excusing himself with the excuse that he still had a training regiment to follow.

"Let us discuss the contracts over lunch." he suggested to Seo as he left.

He wondered the castle under the pretense of looking for somewhere to train, secretly hoping to stumble across Haru.

"Haru probably just did not sleep well last night." One if the princes replied. "He has trouble sleeping when he's nervous. Please do not worry about him."

"Ah, of course. Please come to me if you wish to discuss anything earlier." Seo bowed his head. "Make yourself at home Soluvius-jeonha."

Haru had shredded his outer layers through the hallway by the palace's butterfly garden. It was his favorite place to go when he wanted to be alone. For now he lay on his back amongst the flowers, his body so still that some of the butterflies had landed on his colorful clothing. Haru took slow breaths, refusing to allow himself to cry. He would be strong, even if no one was there to see.

Garret was about to give up when he literally stumbled on Haru's trail of clothing. He hesitated for a moment before following them. He paused when he caught sight of his fiance. His approach slowing as he began to speak.

"You know, they may laugh and tease to you because they have grown accustomed to doing so with no fear of repercussion. And perhaps you are accustomed to having no defense against such words, but things are changing for you now. You will soon be ruling at the side of Garret Soluvius over a growing empire that will adore you. At best, one of your brothers will eventually be king of this little country. The likelihood of any of them amounting to anything more than that is slim. And woe unto them should they ever piss you off too terribly, because one word from you and they will be little more than ministers while I appoint this country a new governor. Once your father passes, however far into the future will hopefully be, you will be the one thing standing between your brothers and my army. And it is entirely up to you whether or not they ever know that."

Garret was crouching down beside the prince by this point.

"Just remember the next time they say things like that, you are about to have more power in you little finger than they will ever hold in their lifetime. And your husband will be more than happy to give them a civil but sound beating anytime."

He leaned in conspiratorially.

"I'm sure they wouldn't turn me down if I asked to spar. You only need to say the word. They'll be so bruised by the time I'm done with them, they won't catch a wink of sleep tonight." He promised.

Haru's eyes fluttered open at the sound of foot steps approaching him. "I appreciate the sentiment... But I would prefer not to be given empty promises." He slowly sat up, the butterflies flying off his body. "The reason for this union is to avoid such a war is it not?" His eyes moved to meet his fiance's gaze. "So why would you offer to throw away such peace because of the wishes of a lover you do not love?"

"How do you even know what they were saying? Do you actually understand our language..?" A soft sigh escaped his lips and he lay back down, rolling over to face away from Garret. "No matter... The only thing that I ask from this marriage is for you to be honest with me. If you have a mistress, if you wish for me not to speak with you unless necessary, if you cannot defend me from another king's insult... Even if it is painful I would rather hear the truth." He shut his eyes, trying to hide his pain. As the youngest he had always known that he would be the first to be married off. But that didn't make it any less painful to be treated like a mere asset.

"They aren't empty promises, I am speaking only the truth Haru. I respect your people and their culture and I chose this marriage for that reason. But I like you more than I thought I would. As long as your father is alive, I will keep peace with this country, but your brothers will need to earn our respect. And if they are idiots enough to piss you off when you are the second most powerful man in the land, then I think this country will do better under our rule. I would seize control over it with as little blood shed as possible of course, but they certainly wouldn't have much power when all is said and done."

He paused to consider his fiance, and when he opened his mouth again, he had switched languages. " He finished fluently in the prince's language.

"Let's just keep my knowledge of your language a secret between you and me however. I'm afraid your father would be quite mortified. Between my first meeting with you and the exchange at breakfast... One of your brother's even lied to my face after you left. The one that's a bit fatter than all the others. I think my sword would make a nice resounding smack if it ever met his backside. Perhaps I'll invite them to duel even if you don't ask me to."

Haru sat up again when the man began to speak in his language. His cheeks flushed softly as he listened to the king speak. He couldn't help a faint smile that crossed his lips at Garret's promises. "" He lightly leaned against the man's shoulder. "I am glad that you want me to speak my mind, my father has always tried to make me break that habit since I can come across as rude."

"And that was probably Suk, he is the second oldest and is very prideful." His eyes closed slightly. "If you do decide to duel him then please invite me to watch, I would love to see him have a taste of humiliation." A soft chuckle escaped his throat.

"You are very skilled with words, I am surprised that you would ever have the need to go to war. In just a day you have made me start to look forward to that which I have dreaded my entire life. Or perhaps I am simply too easily swayed by signs of kindness..."