Princess Prince (Silverwyn x Pigeon)

Kotorichan

"I am decent with words. But no amount of words will get around idiocy and neglect. The countries I conquer are in a bad way to begin with. The rulers are inexperienced, tyrannical, selfish, or simply don't care about anything outside of what they can see with their own eyes. They have no common sense and words mean nothing to them. And in the meantime their people suffer. That is why I respect this country and your father. He cares about his people and looks after them as best he can. That is why I will not attack while your father is king. As for you, perhaps you are a little susceptible to kindness, but I'm not so sure about that. You certainly weren't head over heels convinced just from my first sign of kindness. You actually took some convincing and I feel that even now your a bit skeptical. You're waiting to see how well i actually measure up to my words. and that's good. Watch me closely, and if it ever looks like i'm about to go back on a promise I've made to you, then call me out on it. After all, someone needs to be able to keep me in check. Who better to do that than the man who will be ruling at my side?"

Garret gave Haru a secretive smile. "You are beautiful Haru, everyone knows that. But I think behind that beauty you are also strong and capable in ways your family could never even guess at. And one day they will see you standing strong and beautiful at my side and be shocked and unable to believe their eyes. If they even recognize that you are the same person at all."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• Silverwyn

"Oh? It sounds like you are a true altruist." Haru raised an eyebrow, smirking slightly. "So is it my duty to make sure you do not get too power hungry or keep you from turning your eyes away from your own people and to the people of other countries?" He laughed softly.

"I do not know if I am as capable as you seem to think. I do my best to act strong, but for the most part that is merely an act. I have learned that if I pretend to be strong then I will not be put in situations were I would have to prove it... Well, for the most part." He stared at the butterflies which were beginning to settle on his robe again. "I am sure that I am no where near as strong as someone who can single-handedly run the most powerful country of our time."

"If that ever becomes necessary, then by all means, please do make sure I don't lose sight of my own principles. And Haru, there are many types of strength. My strength comes from knowledge and training. It is obvious because I have spent a few years now putting it to use. Some people have strong willpower or mental fortitude, or physical strength. And in each case that strength is only apparent in certain types of situations. If you stick a physically strong man in a room full of scholars, of course no one would see his strength. A man with strong mental fortitude won't be able to beat the physically strong man, but he'll be able to keep trying and not lose heart at his continued defeat. It is also the man with mental fortitude who will withstand torture to the worst degree and still never reveal even his own name. There is also strength in acting strong Haru. It's kind of like bravery. It isn't lack of fear that makes a man brave, true bravery is facing your foe despite the knocking of your knees and the shaking of your hands. Just like that, strength is standing up and doing what must be done, or saying what must be said despite whatever fears and concerns you have about it. The weak man is overpowered by fear and concern and does nothing. The strong man overcomes these things by acting. The fears and concerns are still there, but he refuses to let them hold him down. That is your strength Haru. Being able to act despite your fears. And maybe you don't always chose the strong route, particularly in the face of your brothers it seems. But by my side, your opportunities to show your strength will only increase."

He assured him. Glancing up at the sky however, he sighed.

"The morning is wearing on and I really should perform some of my daily training. Is there an open space in this garden large enough to take ten large steps?"

Haru felt his cheeks flush softly at the man's words. "You flatter me too much..." He murmured before rising to his feet. "Not right here... But I can show you where there plenty of space." He smiled and offered his hand to help the man up. "I sometimes attempt to do some training, but my brothers always pester me if I do it in the usual training yard so I have to find somewhere else to go..." He paused for a moment. "Ah, perhaps you would prefer to us the training yard. It is much more suited for such things than the spot I go."

Garret shook his head. "It would be rather strange if showed up there to train. My excuse when I left to come find you was that I had training to do. So your private training area would probably be better for now. You can show me the actual training yard tomorrow." He indicated for Haru to lead the way. "Would you care to join me in training today?"

"That would be nice." Haru smiled at the man. "I have not had much formal training so I am not very good. So perhaps you could tell me what I might be doing wrong."

He began to walk through the halls, gathering up his discarded clothing.

"My father says that I should focus on becoming a proper 'wife' instead of learning swordplay. But if there were to be an attempt on my life I want to be able to protect myself, at least until help arrives." He explained with a slight shrug. He looked up at Garret with a slight frown. "Of course I am not saying that I think you are incapable of keeping me safe... Just that I do not want to be helpless."

Garret shook his head. "NO, I think it's excellent that you think that way. While there will certainly never be any lack of men looking out for our safety, assassination attempts come in all manner of ways. Despite my many bodyguards there has been an occasion or two where my guards were in no position to act, and it was only through my own skill that I survived. You being able to defend yourself is a must. I had already planned to see to it that you were properly trained, it's heartening to know that you already have some training to work off of. As for a proper 'wife', if that was what I was looking for I would have been looking at prim and proper princesses." Garret rolled his eyes.

Haru couldn't help but smile brightly at the man's words. He had never told anyone about his secret practice and had always been worried that someone might tell his brothers who would ruin the whole thing. So it was nice to get some kind validation for his efforts. "Great." He stopped by his bedroom and left the clothes in a neat pile in front of his door, not wanting to show his fiance his room. It felt too intimate...

He continued to walk until he reached the outside of the palace. The palace was on a huge plot of land which was walled off from the rest of the world. Haru led Garret to a small forest within the walls. After a few moments of walking through trees they came to a large grassy clearing. Haru's deer ears popped out, his instincts triggered by the feeling of freedom.

"This is nice." Garret complimented the location as they arrived. "An excellent place for private training."

Starting with his jacket, Garret started stripping down his upper body clothing until he was shirtless, and then he took up position.

"Our countries have different fighting styles, but my own personal style is a combination of both of them with a few additional elements from a third. I think you should be able to pick it up without too much trouble. We'll start slow and see how well you pick up the basics."

Haru's cheeks flushed as the man undressed. He had worn less than was considered 'proper' but he had never actually bared so much skin. He looked away, trying to hide his embarrassment. "Ah, yes, of course."

He kicked off his shoes. "I have only ever practiced with a dagger since I keep one on my at all times... Should I practice with a short stick..?"

Garret shook his head. "No, your dagger is fine." He said, looking around and carefully selecting a stick for himself. He was pretty picky about it. Hefting quite a few before finally settling on one.

He finally returned to his position and took on a stance he knew should be familiar to Haru. "I'll go through three steps, watch the first time. Try following the second time. And then we'll go from there."

Haru nodded and pulled a short but well maintained and ornate dagger out from his robe. He copied the other man's stance and watched him with an intent gaze. Finally he would get some kind of training, he wasn't going to let a moment of it go to waste by not paying attention. "I'm ready whenever you are."

Garret began, his body moving at and even, flowing, easy to follow pace. His muscles rippling under the light of the sun as he flowed from one, to two, to three moves. At the end he paused, then retook his beginning stance.

"Now try it with me." He instructed, making sure Haru looked ready before starting.

He watched Haru as the prince followed along. and then had him follow along three more times. Only then did he finally relax his stance.

"You're doing good. And you seem to be starting to memorize it. Now try it on your own, and I'll correct your stance and posture as necessary."

Haru watched carefully, lightly chewing his lip in concentration. He began to follow along once he was instructed to do so. At first his movements were a bit jerky and hesitant. But after a couple tries he managed to relax and move more smoothly. He hesitated when he was told to do it on his own. "Ah... Okay..." He took a deep breath and began to move again, doing his best to focus on his movements and not think about the man watching him.

Garret watched silently, occasionally stepping in to quietly correct something. Then he had him do a second and a third time, noting with satisfaction that the number of corrections decreased each time.

"Alright, let's do it together."

After going through it a few more times, he smiled and stopped.

"You're doing pretty well. We'll have to stop for today, it's getting close to noon, but I'll teach you the next three steps next time. Don't forget the feel of those first three."

Having said that, he retrieved his clothes and started slipping back into them.

Haru let out a soft sigh of relief when the man said that they were finished. He wished that he wasn't so conscious of the other man's body. "Ah, alright then." He sheathed his dagger again. "I have to go get dressed up again." He said, not bothering to hide how much that annoyed him. "I will see you at lunch." His body shuddered slightly before he changed to his deer form, his remaining clothing slipping off his body as he changed.

He used his antlers to lift up his robes and toss them onto his back, then picked up his shoes in his mouth. He gave Garret a glance before taking off running towards the castle, happy to have a chance to stretch his legs. Haru truly loved to be able to run in this form, it made him feel so free. In this form he could move faster and his instincts took over more.

Garret frowned a little as he watched his fiance bound away in stag form. He didn't like the thought of having to tell him he couldn't take that form in Olivan. But deer and stag hunting was common there. And even if he made it illegal, there would always be poachers. It definitely wouldn't decrease the danger.

Frowning in deep thought, Garret made his way back to prepare for lunch himself. By the time he was sitting down with Seo at lunch time, he had an idea for a possible solution. But it wasn't foolproof.

Hio was already waiting for Garret with his father and brothers. As usual the prince was dressed like a a perfect doll. He bowed his head to the king as entered. "Soluvios-jeonha, please accept my deepest apologies for leaving breakfast so suddenly this morning. I have been so anxious to meet you that I am afraid I have not been sleeping well and my exhaustion has caught up to me. I am feeling much better now that I have had a moment to rest."

"Do not worry Hio, Soluvios-jeonha is a kind man. He would not be angry at such a delicate princess." His brother Suk said with a grin. "Am I not correct Soluvios-jeonha?" He turned to look at Garret with the same smug grin.

Hio shot his brother a quick glare but otherwise stayed silent.

Garret gave his fiance's brother a smile full of hidden intent. "Certainly. I have no anger for prince Haru. It will be important for him to keep his health up for the day he is ruling Olivan at my side. It is after all, no small responsibility." It was a subtly pointed reminder to them of Haru's impending position. Though he had no doubt it went over most of their heads.

"Speaking if, I had the thought that I should like to get to know my future bothers-in-law. Won't you all join me for a spar tomorrow? Perhaps I can teach you all a thing or two. It should be an excellent bonding experience."

He turned to Haru. "You're quite welcome to spectate."

"Ah, a sparing match would be great fun." Suk smiled at the idea.

Haru could barely hide his excitement at the idea. He bowed his head again to hide his smirk. "I would be honored to attend."

The eldest brother's eyes narrowed slightly. "Yes, great fun." He said. "Perhaps we can learn from each other."

"" The youngest of Haru's older brothers said, taking a bit of his lunch. ""

"

Garret had to take a bite of his own food as he bit back a smirk that would have given away that he understood the conversation.

He turned to Seo.

"I must say I'm quite pleased with this marriage prospect." Garret announced. "I find your youngest son quite charming. I think he will be well suited to help me manage my empire. And I believe I've said before that my people will adore him."

Haru looked up at his fiance, a genuine smile on his lips. He really was becoming excited about living with this man. A part of Haru had always lusted after power, probably because of the way he had been treated for so long, so Garret really was the perfect match.

"I am happy to hear that." Seo replied, smiling brightly. "Would you care to discuss the terms of the marriage in depth after our meal? If we get such things out of the way soon then we could begin to plan the ceremony."

"Soluvius-jeonha, I hope this is not too forward." Haru began, lowering his head in respect. "I know that my father mentioned this earlier, but I was hoping that I could accompany you back Olivan when you leave. I believe that I can have my things packed by tomorrow morning. Of course if my presence will be an inconvenience then I will wait until a better time."

Garret agreed to the marriage discussion after lunch and turned to Haru with a smile. "You don't need to be that quick with your packing. but I would certainly be honored to have you join me. I'll be departing about mid-morning the day after tomorrow. Bring just enough servants to tend to your personal needs for the journey. I'll give you all the additional servants you need when we reach my capital. The servants that currently do your make-up will not be necessary."

He said pointedly. More for Seo than Haru. If they were going to have a discussion regarding Haru's make-up, now was as good a time as any.

"Of course Soluvius-jeonha, I will not need to bring any servants with me so you will not need to worry about finding any extra space." Haru smiled up at him.

Seo frowned at the man's comments. "" He turned to Garret, his brow furrowed in confusion. "Why will you not need the servants to do Haru's makeup? I do not think your servants will know how to do it correctly. I do not mean any insult, but they have not had the proper training."

"Simply put Lord Seo, I do not care for the way they do his makeup. He is far lovelier without it. In my country his makeup will be lighter and will compliment his natural beauty rather than covering it up." He explained in no uncertain terms before turning back to Haru.

"Your father is right that you should have at least one servant to tend to you on the journey. We can always discontinue their service to you once we arrive if you wish it. However you might find that it helps to have a familiar face when everything else is so different. As for your wardrobe. Only bring what you like. The majority of it should be comfortable and easy to travel in. I think perhaps I'll have the tailors design you a new wardrobe that combines the fashions of both our countries."