At Your Service ( for Rumpleteaser) 18+

KawaiiNekomimiBoy

Hiro blinks and presses his face against his arm, "r...right um. I will bring those in tomorrow. I should have known I needed them today," he sighs a bit, feeling completely stupid.

Nodding his head slowly, "I.. just didn't like talking about the reason why I quit the job at the restaurant." He didn't know what else to say since Kaori wasn't talking. He really wasn't lying but it would have helped if he bought his certificates with him. The only thing he had on him was a driver's licenses.

Perking up his head, "oh um.. it was Moonshine Pantry. It was kind of like this place but a bit smaller."

Hiro walks over to the tablet and looks at it to get a good look at it with his head lowered, waiting for Becky to teach him how to use it.

The waitress looks at Kaori, "well.. you probably intimidate the poor thing. I think I remember seeing Hiro at the place he use to work at. He was a very amazing waiter. He got the food there on time, he always greeted with a warm smile, he is a well natured person, give him a chance, you might be surprise."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KawaiiNekomimiBoy

• Rumpleteaser

• MasterSeme

'You still haven't answered me,' Kaori said in a positively icy tone. 'You know what, forget it. I'll read them in your resume tomorrow since it's obviously useless to get you to answer simple questions.'

'I didn't want to know why you quit your job, though it's good to know. What I don't like is that you keep changing your story and you're a yes man. I don't know whether you really understand what I'm talking about or whether you're just putting on an act, as you've failed even the simplest of questions,' he said, trying to keep the bite from his voice in front of customers. It didn't look good to have the bartender berating a new waiter in front of customers and Kaori was sure to get in trouble for it later.

Kaori looked up from the espresso machine and sighed. He wasn't going to admit he was too harsh on Hiro. The man was infuriating at best, moronic at worst. The sooner morning shift ended, the better. In fact, he wasn't sure how long Hiro's shift was meant to be today. The boss hadn't told him much. It could be just a four hour trail or this could be his first official day at work. He had the uniform after all. That meant the boss must have had some communication with Hiro at least.

At the end of the morning shift the boss sought out Kaori again. Kaori had had several espressos by then and was wide awake, which pleased the boss at least. Kaori held his tongue for the most part but it was obvious he thought little of Hiro. He told the boss what he thought of the young man who couldn't get his story straight. He said he would rather have trained up someone with no experience than have someone who just smiled and nodded at everything. Those types were likely not to absorb what they'd been told and go about things their own way anyway.

The blonde took out a towel from the clothes hanger and found a quiet corner to sleep in. He didn't have time to get home, sleep then come back fully rested so he would have to sleep at work. The evening shift seemed to take longer than usual but it was no wonder. By the end of the day he was exhausted but he still had to do laundry and prepare for tomorrow before he could get any sleep. Needless to say, he was grateful when his head hit the pillow that night. He slept so hard he didn't hear his alarm the next day. Luckily he was on evening shift and had little to do that day so he could afford to sleep in.

Kaori was much more relaxed and more himself the next day when he came in for evening shift. He didn't feel as frustrated about the idiot waiter either. Hopefully the guy would stay on morning shift, that way they wouldn't even see one another again. There was even a gap between when the morning shift ended and when the evening shift started. The boss or Becky would deal with him from here on in, most likely Becky.

Boss - Katsuo, male

Boss's wife - Donna, female

Head chef - Tanaka, male

Head bartender - Kaori, male

Middle chef morning - Dante, male

Middle chef evening - Amanda, female

Cook morning - Kaede, male

Cook morning - Hana, female

Cook evening - Mamiko, female

Cook evening - Masaaki, male

Kitchenhand morning - Orochi, male

Kitchenhand evening - Kotori, female

Maitre d' morning - Becky Schmitt, female

Maitre d' evening - Ayame, male

Cashier morning - Kubo, male

Cashier evening - Akihiro, male

Door greeter - Reizo, male

Bartender morning - Akihiko, male

Second bartender morning - Kenshin, male

Second bartender evening - Michiko, female

Waitress morning - Kimberly, female

Waitress morning - Chizuko, female

Waitress evening - Itsumi, female

Waiter evening - Ryota, male

Waiter evening - Hiro, male

"I told you.. I will bring everything in tomorrow..," Hiro was finding himself harder and harder to respond to Kaori.

Hiro looks at Kaori and closes his eyes, "the reason why I am a yes man is because I worked at a restaurant before. So basically this is just learning what I already learned at my previous restaurant job, so nothing is changing, you just have lack of believing and trusting me because I am new to the restaurant. Just wait until I bring in my stuff tomorrow..," he glances to the side, ~maybe it will teach you to believe in me more,~ he thought.

Hiro was looking at the tablet after he learned how to use it from Becky. He was glad to learn about it since it was the only new thing he didn't know about. He looks at the badge, seeing all of the customers just look at him and he bows with a soft smile.

He lowered his head a bit unsure what to really do since he wasn't a full time waiter, he couldn't believe how cold Kaori was. Was it because of his long shift was all Hiro could think of. He wish he brought his stuff with him and it was his fault for Kaori getting angry at him.

"Hiro can you help me clean the tables? It was a busy day today and I need a bit of help," the waitress calls over.

Hiro perks his head up and looks at Becky. He did get his trainee badge and learned how to use the tablet. He was getting asked to help but didn't know if he should stay here with Becky or help the waitress.

The waitress walks over and looks at Becky, holding onto Hiro's arm, "I am just going to borrow him if that is okay," she pulls him over towards the table, "so.. how did it go with Kaori?"

Hiro sighs as he starts cleaning off a couple of tables, "...he thinks I am a nusiance, probably stupid and doesn't take too kindly to me.."

The waitress sighs and takes off her glove to pat Hiro's back, "aw, don't let him get to you, he is only hard on you because your new. Once he sees you actually work, he will feel differently towards you. Even once, Kaori was like you. Everyone at some point was like you."

"Yeah.. I guess that is true. But I hate being considered a lying moron," he lowers his head as he continues cleaning.

She smiles a bit, "oh.. I am Kimberly by the way, just call me Kim okay?" She watches as Hiro was cleaning the table and couldn't believe how thick headed Kaori was but even all of his harsh words, Hiro was still working even for just a trainee.

Hiro looks around a bit, seeing it wasn't as busy currently and walks towards the kitchen, entering it and looks around for someone that wasn't as busy. He walks over to one of the woman cooks and looks at her name tag, "uh, excuse me Hana? I am the new waiter in training, Hiro. I am in need for a menu so I can study the dishes at home."

'Fine. Whatever,' he said. Kaori didn't have time of day for this guy. He'd already wasted enough of his time on him. He didn't even care if the guy never brought in his certificates... or even came back for that matter.

'It has nothing to do with you being new. Kenshin is new too,' Kaori replied.

'Please... er, don't get me involved?' Kenshin murmured. He hadn't meant to eavesdrop but he'd heard his name. He didn't want to get dragged into Kaori's bad day.

'Yeah, sorry Kenshin,' Kaori replied, waving his hand.

'Oh, hey Hun. What did you say you needed?' she asked. 'Aren't there any out the front?'

Hana was chopping walnuts for the fig and walnut cake when Hiro came up to her. She washed her hands quickly and hurried to get him the menus. There were two of them, one for morning and one for evening.

'You'll probably want the ingredients book too. It says what's in each of the dishes. Mind you, those menus should keep you busy for now. Do you know if Becky has the ingredients book out the front?' she said. She reached in her apron pocket and took out her phone. 'Give me your number and I'll send it as a pdf.'

Kaori didn't mind that Hiro was new. That wasn't why he was annoyed with the young waiter. Everybody was new at some point. He'd been the one to show Kenshin around too only once month prior. What annoyed Kaori most was that Hiro couldn't keep his facts straight. He'd told a different story about his experience each time, he hadn't been able to answer what he had qualifications in and hadn't even known what qualifications were. He also didn't know an affogato from a vienna, which meant he didn't understand coffee making. It was also most likely a lie that he had worked as a bartender, as it required a three or four year degree and a license to serve alcohol. It was also a lie that he was a hairdresser, which also required a certificate, and it turned out his only experience in hairdressing was helping his mother at work. How many certificates did the guy claim to have? Kaori counted three, which equated to at least nine years full time when he also had to look after his mother and a newborn baby. It was even possible the guy was paranoid if he thought people were stalking him while delivering flowers. Kaori could see no reason why the other man would be stalked. It wasn't as if he was overly attractive and there was nothing about him that screamed "money".

To say the least, Kaori was ready to put Hiro behind him. He hadn't even thought of him until he turned up to work at 16:30 the next day to start his shift. It was as he was flushing out the espresso machine and flushing it clean for the evening shift that he wondered which shift Hiro would be taking. He only knew of one gap in the evening shift. All the others were taken unless the boss thought the morning shift was getting busy enough to warrant a third waiter. It wasn't as if the boss told him anything. That man was a bit forgetful and vague about things. Sometimes he would even forget to tell Kaori about changes to the menu or new drinks added to the list. Kaori had only known they would be serving milkshakes and thickshakes when the smoothie maker appeared addressed to him. Of course, it was then down to Kaori to make up instructions for all the other bartenders.

The blonde hummed softly as he poured the first coffee from the newly cleaned machine. The first one was always tossed out or given to the staff because it would still have the cleaning product in it. As he dumped it in the sink, he noticed the ground coffee beans in the bottom of the cup. That meant he had to adjust the grind to something a little coarser. He fiddled with the grinder for the next few espresso shots until he had the right grain size.

'So, I heard you ripped the new kid a new one,' came the alluring voice of his second bartender.

'Oh, hello Michiko. Is it 4:50 already?' he said in a sweet voice.

'Mhmmm, almost. Care to make me my favourite?' she said as she leaned against the counter.

'You know you're not allowed alcohol before work?'

'But you're going to make me one anyway, right?' she practically purred.

'Yeah, I suppose I am,' he said with an amused smile.

'Soooo... what's he like? Tell me all about it.'

'Hiro? He's cute, that's the best I can say about him.'

'Just cute?' Michiko asked. 'That doesn't sound nice.'

'He's the type of person that makes things up as he goes along.'

'Oh?'

'Apparently he's been to culinary school, is a qualified hairdresser and a bartender.'

'What? He has three degrees?'

'No, he just says he does. Either that or he's a flake. Here's your drink - hot chocolate with kahlua and cream.'

Hiro bites his bottom lip and looks off to the side, lowering his head a bit. He quickly nods his head and then rushes into the kitchen, unable to find the words to respond to Kaori.

"I was told to ask for the menu. I didn't think about looking in front, I-I'm so sorry," he bows a bit. He watches Hana and nods his head as he looks at the menu, "oh alright that will be great," he takes out his phone from his pocket, "its 524-897-9623," he puts his phone back into his pocket.

Hiro bows slightly, "thank you very much, sorry to disturb you," he walks out of the kitchen with the two menus.

Kimberly walks over and smiles, "oh hi Hiro, looks like you got lots of studying to do," she giggles a bit. "If you want, I can come over and help you study. It might help to have a study buddy."

Hiro blinks and shakes his head, "o-oh no you shouldn't have to bother learning the menu again. I will be fine, but thanks for the offer," he smiles.

Kimberly smiles and pinches Hiro's cheeks, ".. that smile is so adorable. After dealing with Kaori, I am surprise you have a smile at all."

Hiro blushes a bit and shakes his head, "it was my fault for not bringing my certificates. I don't blame him for being mad at me."

"Well I am gonna go home, my shift is over so I am going to go with my husband to pick up my kid, see you tomorrow sweetie," Kimberly smiles and walks to the back to put her apron away, grabbing her purse and then waves to Hiro, leaving the restaurant.

Hiro rubs his cheeks and looks down seeing a little girl tug on his shirt, "oh, hello there," he smiles.

"Excuse me.. where is the bathroom? I can't find it..," she sniffs a bit.

Hiro holds onto the little girl's hand, "aw.. I will lead you," he smiles warmly and takes her to the bathroom, "there you go."

She hugs around Hiro's legs and rushes into the bathroom.

Hiro smiles and then walks back to the dining area, starting to clean tables since Kimberly left him the cleaning supplies.

When the day ended, Hiro walks out of the restaurant and walks home. He couldn't help but still feel upset about about being considered a liar. Once he got home, he went into his room and goes into his desk, taking out his certificate in Hairdressing, Diploma of Salon Management since he helped his mom take care of the salon when she was expecting and his diploma for culinary school along with his resume, reading it and nods his head, seeing it was up to date on all of the stuff he did. He wipes his forehead and was glad he got all the stuff he needed for tomorrow.

Hiro goes to dress down into his t-shirt and boxers, going downstairs to make something quick to eat. Once done eating, he puts all of the stuff he needed in his bag and walks to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Soon after he goes to his bedroom and goes to bed.

At noon, Hiro was already showered, dressed and fed. Hiro picks up his bag with his paper work in it. He locks the door and walks to the restaurant, opening the door around afternoon time to see if he could do anything before his shift. Hiro walks into the backroom to put his bag away and goes to the bathroom to wash his hands.

'So what shift is he on?' Michiko asked.

'I don't know. Hopefully not evening,' Kaori replied with a sigh.

'You really don't like him, huh?' she asked.

'Is it obvious?'

'A little too obvious.'

'Yeah, well. You try getting a straight story out of him,' Kaori said in a frustrated tone.

'Maybe he does have all the experience he says.'

'If he's been through that many degrees and jobs, he can't have stuck with any long.'

'That's true. You're going to burn yourself?'

'What?' Kaori asked. 'Aaargh!'

Kaori jumped back from the machine and gripped his arm. He'd sprayed the milk frothing steam on his wrist and burnt himself. That would teach him for not paying attention. Obviously Hiro frustrated him more than he thought if he'd become distracted. Kaori pulled off his glove and ran his arm under cold water for a few minutes while Michicko manned the espresso machine. It was almost opening time and it looked like Hiro wasn't there. That was a relief.

'Ah no,' Kaori groaned as he saw Hiro walking down to the back room. It seemed he'd spoken too soon.

'Just try to take it easy. It's not like you have to man the bar with him.'

'Barista or bartender?' Kaori asked Michiko, changing the subject.

'I'll be the barista today. You like flirting with the customers too much.'

'Guilty as charged,' Kaori laughed.

Hiro comes back from the bathroom and looks at Kaori, looking to the side and looks at Kimberly, walking over to her, "aww.. is your shift over already? Don't leave me with Kaori."

Kimberly giggles and rubs Hiro's head, "aww don't let him get to you sweetie. You should probably go talk to Ayame, he will help you through the night shift."

Hiro slowly nods his head and sighs, "I kind of wish I had morning shift.. at least you and Becky were nice to me."

Kimberly giggles and then blinks, "oh did you do your studying before coming here? Did you also remember to bring the menu's in? We need to make sure we don't lose any." She leans closer to Hiro, "if you need the menu's again, just go on the website, every dish is on there."

Hiro nods his head, "yeah.. I did while I ate breakfast, the menus are in my bag."

Kimberly nods her head and smiles, "well.. have fun with the night shift, there is a reason I didn't want to work the night shift," she leaves the restaurant.

Hiro waves to Kimberly and sighs as he walks over to Ayame, "hey, I was told to meet up with you. Is there anything you need me to do?"

'Well aren't you handsome,' Ayame said in a smooth voice. He put his hand on his hip and looked Hiro over appreciably.

'Kaori said we had a new waiter but he didn't say how cute he'd be. So, what's your name and what's your background?' the man asked.

Ayame had long hair like a woman's but at work it was tied up in a bun. He had lip gloss on too and liked to lick it off before applying more. He sucked his bottom lip as he looked at Hiro then turned away with a blush.

'Kimberly has already cleaned the tables nice and new for the evening shift. We're about to open to pop your apron on and get ready!' he said. 'The evening shift is busier than the morning shift, so I'm surprised they put you on straight away. You must have experience.'

'Oh, have you read through the menu? Do you think you can remember everything? They're on the tickets anyway so you should get used to them,' he said, smiling over at Hiro. 'How many plates can you carry at a time, by the way?'

Hiro blinks as he looks at Ayame and looks to the side, unsure how to handle being called handsome by another guy but smiles a bit, "t..thanks, I was not really expecting that so excuse me."

Hiro lowers his head, "oh.. Kaori mentioned that.. right," he glances off to the side. He slowly looks at Ayame, "oh.. well, my name is Hiro and I went to culinary school. My other jobs aren't really important.. but I was a hairdresser assistant, a pet store clerk, a florist but not for long.. and finally a waiter." He was slightly proud to be announcing it because this time, he brought his stuff that Kaori wanted to see.

Nodding his head, "alright will do." Hiro puts on his apron, "yeah, I worked as a waiter for three years, but then I quit because of my boss." He ties the apron in the back and puts in his notepad he brought from home.

"Yeah, I read through everything, every dish and what it contains. Yes, I have a very amazing memory," he stretches his arms over his head. Hiro was kind of glad he didn't have to deal with Kaori, at least not yet, but he did have to show his resume and certificates later when he got the change. Hiro tilts his head, "uhh.. I can hold about 10 to 15 dishes within each hand and a few within my arms."

'It's all right, Puddin',' he said affectionately. 'You'll get used to it eventually.'

'Yes. He wants me to keep an eye on you since you're new. Normally the new waiters start in the morning shift so they can get used to the menu. Unfortunately, we're down one evening waiter. I'm surprised really, I thought they'd bring Kimberly to the evening shift but I guess she has to take care of her kids. Chizuko doesn't do well under pressure,' he said, thinking out loud for the most part.

'Wow, that sure is a lot. Why did you stop being a hairdresser?' he said, then tutted. He waved his hands at Hiro to brush it off. 'Look at me, being a sticky beak. I'm sorry. I'm always so curious.'

'Oh good. That would be why you're on evening shift then. It's good to have someone with experience. The last young man the boss employed was ma bit of a flop,' he said, then sighed heavily. He resisted the urge to ask about the boss. It sounded curious. 'Go say hello to Reizo by the door and introduce yourself to the other waiters. The first customers should be in soon. Look! There are already two groups lining up.'

'Already? That's impressive. Oh look! Reizo's opened the door. You'll have to meet him later,' Ayame pointed out. 'Fifteen dishes, huh? I think you misunderstand me. I mean how many plates of food can you carry - two, three or four? We have fairly large plates so I wouldn't recommend trying any more than three of ours.'

'And there we go, service has started. Quickly count how many people are sitting at that table and give them each a menu. Don't hover but if they start looking around or click their fingers, make sure you hurry over... but don't look like you're hurrying either,' he explained.

Hiro laughs a bit and slowly nod his head, "yeah, I am sure I will, at some point."

He looks at Ayame and nods his head slowly, tilting his head, "hm.. I did remember Kimberly mentioning something about the night shift. She didn't really go into much detail though, is it really that bad during the night shift?"

Hiro smiles and laughs a little, "it's no big deal," he keeps his eyes on the door. "I basicaly was a hairdresser a year but then my mom took a maternity leave so she needed me to look after her while my dad was at work."

Looking over at Reizo, "alright, how many waiters are there to introduce myself too?" He perks his head and looks at the customers and laugh a little, watching Reizo open the door. He looks at Ayame, "oh, sorry, fifteen dishes when emptied and about.. three to four, depending on plate or bowl size."

Hiro looks at Ayame and nods his head, gulps a bit and takes a deep breath, walking over towards the entrance and counts the first group, "hello, welcome to Eastern Grove, party of four?"

One of the girls along with another girl and two guys nods her head, "yes we are together."

Hiro walks over to get four menus, "please follow me," he starts walking to one of the empty tables as the group follows him and sits down at the table.

Hiro places a menu infront of each person, "I am Hiro and I will be your waiter for tonight. Do you want anything to drink?

"Coke please," the blonde haired girl said.

"Water with a lemon slice please," the brunette haired girl said.

"Diet coke please," the red head boy said.

"Lemonade," the black haired boy said.

"Sure right away," Hiro inserts the drinks into the tablet and walks over to the bar, looking at Kaori and lowers his head to look at the tablet, "uh.. one coke, diet coke, water with a lemon slice and lemonade please," he looks up at Kaori slightly.

Ayame smiled and tilted his head slightly as though he were posing for the camera. It was a sweet smile but he was also undressing Hiro with his eyes.

'Oh, that's so sweet! I wish I had a son who would take maternity leave with me,' he said in a pretty, high voice. He gave a bit of a giggle as he thought of something he shouldn't say aloud.

'We always have two waiters in the day, three waiters at night, one cashier each shift and Reizo stays at the door in the evenings,' he explained. 'Did Kaori not tell you how many staff we have each shift? Tut tut. I hope he didn't neglect you!'

As Ayame watched Hiro go to the table, he tapped his hand on Akihiro's shoulder and whispered in his ear. Akiriho nodded and moved over to help Hiro with the tablet. He hovered behind quietly and just waited in case Hiro needed help with the tablet. It was only his second shift after all and there was a lot to remember on it.

Kaori sighed quietly when Hiro approached the bar but made no nasty comment. He didn't even look angry. His face was a mask, hidden behind teal glasses. He'd calmed down, even if he had an intense dislike for Hiro.

'You don't tell me what drinks people order. It gets entered on the tablet and sent to the drinks printer. I've already showed you the tickets,' he said in an even tone. 'Go back to the table and get their food order. You should have ordered everything at once before submitting their order. Don't come back to me unless it's to pick up the drinks tray.'

Hiro looks at Ayame as he was looking at him, tilting his head to the side and looks to the side blushing.

He laughs a little and tilts his head, "well... you can always try," he didn't really know if Ayame was into women or men.

Hiro lowers his head and nods it slowly, "yeah he mentioned all the workers and their shifts." He looks over at Kaori and sighs, "

Looking over his shoulder and smiles a bit as he finishes putting in the order as he watches his first group of customers talking.

Hiro bows a bit, "...sorry," he just walks away without another word and walks back to the table, "are you ready to order or do you need more time," he smiles a bit besides encountering Kaori.

"Yeah can I have the Carbonara with a chicken salad on the side," the blonde haired girl responded.

"Can I have the four-cheesed ziti Parmesan chicken," the brunette haired girl responded.

"I will have the BBQ Sandwich," the red head boy responded.

"I want the chicken quesadilla," the black haired boy responded.

Hiro nods his head as he puts in the orders into the tablet and submits the orders to the kitchen staff, "I will be right back with your orders and drinks," he walks away and notices a couple waiting at the entrance. "Party of two," he stands by the menus.

The girl nods her head and smiles as she holds her boyfriend's arm.

Hiro grabs two menus, "please follow me," he walks to a empty table and places the menus down as the couple sits. "I am Hiro and I will be your waiter today, would you like anything to drink to start you off?"

"Can I have the Pepsi please," the girl said.

"I will have the coke thanks," the boy said.

"Of course right away," Hiro submits the order.

Kaori took the ticket from the printer and laughed. Four years at college to pour soft drinks.

'What is it, Kaori?' Michiko asked, peering over from the espresso machine.

'These people came to a fine dining restaurant and ordered soft drinks. What are they, children?' he said, shaking his head.

'Well, you know that they say, "the customer is always right",' she replied.

'That's what we tell people,' he said with a sigh. 'I'm still going to laugh at them if they order coke.'

'Hmmm... I suppose so,' she said, turning back to her work.

Kaori poured the drinks and placed them on a tray with the ticket for one of the waiters to collect.

Meanwhile, another ticket printed out from another table. They were starting to build momentum now so Kaori had little time to talk. He hoped the waiters would be able to keep up tonight with Hiro needing his hand held.

Kaori sighed and shook his head. He took another ticket from the machine and looked over at the waiters.

'Isn't Akihiro with him? Didn't I just tell him to submit the drinks with the meal.'

'Before you go off at him, remember he's still new.'

'Yeah, but he's ignoring direct instructions from his superior.'

'Maybe he didn't understand,' Michiko said, trying to sound diplomatic.

'There's a lot he doesn't understand. That just makes it worse.'

Kaori waited until he could catch Akihiro's eye and waved him over.

'Why don't you take him aside and tell him what order things are done?' Kaori suggested.

'I know. Ayame has me watching him,' he replied with a nod.

'I know it's not your fault but I need you to point out when he makes a mistake like that.'

'You're the boss.'

'Thank you. Make sure he follows instructions too, if you can.'

Akihiro nodded and waited another table before going over to Hiro. He tapped the guy on the shoulder then took his hand to move him out of the way. They couldn't stand and talk in the middle of the floor where people were moving about.

'I don't know what you did but there's an order to the way we do things,' he said in a soft voice. He looked around to make sure he had time then turned back to Hiro. 'First, you greet them and take them to their table. Once they've sat down you give them their menus. You then leave the table unless they directly ask for something. Don't offer to take drinks or food until they've looked through the menu. Only when they look ready to order do you come back to them. You get the drinks and food orders at the same time. You only do things differently if they directly specify. Why don't you follow me for a while, okay?'

The raven haired waiter walked towards the front of the restaurant when a group of six hailed him. He came over and bowed slightly, looking at the man who'd waved him over.

'We're ready to order now,' the man announced.

'Of course, Sir. What can I get for you?' Akihiro replied.

'I'd like a bottle of the house pino gris and a bottle of mineral water, if you please. Everyone?'

Akihiro typed their drinks into the tablet using the stylus he'd brought from home.

'I'd like the pork ragout, please,' the man said.

'I'd like the lentil bolognaise,' said a young lady of about 19.

'Darling, are we sharing the seafood platter or not?' asked a young woman, leaning to the side to look at her darling.

'If that's what you want,' replied a young male. He was still flipping through the menu.

'Yes, we'll have the seafood platter for two.'

'Of course, Miss.'

'I'll take the soft shelled crab salad.'

'And I'll have that as well, thank you,' came an older man with greying hair.

'Is that all for today? Any desserts?' Akihiro asked, looking up from the tablet.

'We'll order those later, if possible,' the first man said. 'I think we've got plenty here for starters.'

'Very well then. May I take your menus?' the waiter asked, holding out one hand.

Hiro couldn't help that he could feel Kaori's peering eyes on him this whole time while he was on this shift. He lowers his head, wishing he could being working the same shift as Becky and Kimberly. He just felt so much pressure, just knowing that Kaori was watching everything he was doing.

Hiro could feel a slight tickle in his nose. Knowing the restaurant was filled with people, he decided to rush to the bathroom. Once there he covers his mouth as he lets out a sneeze. "Ugh...," he sniffs and then blows his nose. He washes his hands and dries them off as he heads back to the dining area.

Hiro just finish submitting the order and he jolts a bit, looking at one of the waiter and looks at the name plate, reading 'Akihiro' in his mind.

Tilting his head to the side, "but.. I did greet, lead them to a table...," he remembered he placed the menus down instead of giving them the menus. "So I got to wait until they are ready to order both their food and drink? Oh... I am so use to doing it a different way. Even if I basically learned it from Kaori yesterday... but he kind of intimidate me," he says softly. He perks his head up at Akihiro and slowly nods his head, "alright."

Hiro follows Akihiro as he carefully watched Akihiro since he was a waiter at the Eastern Grove longer than he was probably. Hiro listens as the customers were ordering what they wanted, hearing both the drinks and meals getting mentioned.

Realizing what he was doing was that he was doing it in shifts. He was use to getting the customers their drinks first, waiting a couple to few minutes, depending on how busy it was and then getting what the order on what his customers wanted to eat. He couldn't believe how stupid he felt and couldn't blame Kaori for being upset. Now that he had a bit of display on what he had to do instead of a full on lecture, he had a better understanding on what he had to do and maybe Kaori wouldn't be so mad at him.

Kaori couldn't care less what Hiro was doing. Actually, now that he had caught Hiro doing something wrong by chance, he would be keeping more of an eye on the new waiter. He needed his hand held as if this was the first time he'd worked in a fine dining restaurant. The two drinks menus were nothing to be sneezed at so needed time to process. It wasn't like affordable style dining where things were more relaxed.

'I'm sorry. I don't know what you did wrong. I've just been told to instruct you,' he said. 'Have you ever worked in a fine dining restaurant before?'

'I heard about that. I've never heard of him taking so unkindly to someone. What did you do?' Akihiro asked as he looked around.

The waiter hurried forward to the next group of five coming in through the door and greeted them with a bow. He smiled politely and took them to their table but they asked for one closer to the front. There weren't many tables left large enough to accommodate them but he did manage to find one table fitting their requirements.

'Here are your menus, I'll be back shortly to collect your order,' he replied with a smile.

A few minutes later he noticed them looking around so he hurried forward, waving Hiro along with him.

'Hiro, you can type these into the tablet. I'll do the talking,' he said in his soft voice.

'Good evening. Are we ready to order?' he asked politely.

'Yes, hmm. I'll have the teriyaki salmon and... do you have soju?' the brunette man asked.

'Yes, we have soju. Smokey, apple or clear?' Akihiro asked.

'I'll have the apple soju,' the brunette said. 'What do you want, little one?'

'I'll have the lentil bolognaise, please Sir,' a young teen said.

'Are you sure? You've never tried lentils before.'

'I'm sick of having the kids' meals.'

'Very well, the lentil bolognaise it is. Tell the man what you want to drink.'

'I'll have a hot chocolate with hazelnut syrup,' she said in a very formal, deliberately adult voice.

'I'll have the pork ragout and the Five Acres Pinot Grigio,' said an older man.

The man waited until after he'd ordered to rest his hand against Hiro's rump. His hand slivered up and under the man's waistband and felt under his underpants too. Two fingers slivered down between Hiro's butt cheeks but went no further. The man was just palming the warm cheek when...

Kaori lifted the side of the bar and walked through. He strode across the restaurant and came up close behind Hiro. He was gripping the man's wrist very tightly indeed and pulled it out slightly. He made no fuss but held the man's wrist firm so he couldn't get away. He bent down so that his lips were close to the man's ear.

'If you touch one of our waiters again, I will humiliate you in front of your family and kick you out of our restaurant,' he whispered right into the man's ear. He was so close his breath played on the man's hair. 'Where do you get off thinking something like that is appropriate behaviour?'

'Hiro, come see me when you've finished the order,' he said in an authoritative tone. 'Please, ladies and gentlemen, forgive my intrusion.'

Kaori bowed low. He was gone as quickly as he'd left, though now he was paying close attention to that table and specifically the older man. He wasn't going to let something like that pass while he was on duty. He was the person in charge out the front after the boss. He couldn't let something like that slide.

'If I may, I will have the four cheese fettuccine and a white Russian,' said a younger woman. 'Actually, does your fettuccine have egg in it? I can't have eggs.'

'Yes, I'm afraid it does, miss,' Akihiro replied, completely oblivious to what had happened.

'What about the lasagna?' she asked.

'All our pastas are egg pastas, I'm afraid,' he replied with a bow.

The woman sighed and flipped her hair.

'I'll have the chicken quesadilla and a tequila,' said the young man next to her.

'I'll have the confit chicken breast and a sparkling mineral water,' the young woman finally decided.

After the orders were taken, Akihiro looked at what Hiro had done on the tablet to make sure he'd done the right thing. He gave the young man a smile then went off to take two trays of food from the counter between the front of house and the kitchens.

Hiro looks at Akihiro, "well .. kind of, never as fancy as here so.. I guess you can say I don't. But I do know the basics but now I got to get use to getting the complete order before submitting the order."

Hiro sighs a bit, "he basically thinks I'm a liar and probably an idiot."

Hiro watches as Akihiro takes the next group of customers, standing out of the way so people can move around. He perks his head a bit as he walks over to Akihiro.

"Y-Yeah sure," Hiro smiles a bit as he holds onto the tablet. He listens to all of the customer's orders and types it all as he listens. He slowly looks up at the kid and nods his head with a smile as he continues typing in the remaining order.

He re-read to make sure he didn't make any mistakes and perks his head up, shivering a bit and looks over at Akihiro, ~n-no... not again,~ he thought as he continue reviewing what he had on the tablet.

Hiro looks over his shoulder and watches Kaori, of all people, stop the groper. Hiro looks at Kaori and nods his head, "o-okay."

Hiro was still in shock from what happened. It wasn't something new but he couldn't believe how far the groper went. He shakes it off and takes a deep breath, going back to putting in the remaining orders in the tablet.

Looking at Akihiro and smiles a bit, submitting the order. He looks at Kaori and then walks over to the bar area, "uh.. you wanted to see me. Also.. thanks for helping me even if you dislike me."

Kaori was mixing two Manhattans for a man at the bat and his wife when Hiro came over. He glanced over, poured the two drinks and passed them over the bar to the pair before wiping his hands on his apron and walking over to Hiro.

'Now. Are you okay?' he asked. He didn't particularly care but it was his responsibility to check on Hiro after such an attempt on his panties. 'Do you need a five minute break?'

'No thanks are needed. I wouldn't want him thinking he could get away touching the other waiters like that,' he said calmly, implying that he didn't care as much if it was done to Hiro. 'Go over to Ayame and tell him I'm giving you five minutes off. You can tell him why if you like but I won't tell anyone, not even Michiko here.'

'Tell me what?' the lady asked, looking over from making a hot chocolate.

'If I told you, that would be telling,' he replied with a smile. The two were like brother and sister they'd worked together so long.

Michiko gave a soft huff and turned back to her work before she spilled something.

Ayame wasn't at the cashier just at the moment, he was waiting tables with the others. They were busy so he couldn't stand around looking pretty as he liked. He was delivering the extra large plates of small portions to various tables with a smile and a bow. He really did love his work.

Hiro watches as a couple were getting served at the bar by Kaori, wondering if this was a bad time to come over. But Kaori did say to come over after he was done.

Hiro looks at Kaori and nods his head, "yeah I am fine, it certainly wasn't the first time it happened." He was only working for not nearly a hour or so so he didn't really want a break after something like that.

Slowly nodding his head, "oh...alright," he lowers his head and sighs a bit, realizing Kaori was basically doing it for the sake of the other waiters to. He looks up at Kaori and nods his head as he goes to meet up with Ayame.

Hiro looks around as he finally found Ayame and walks over to him, "Ayame.. I was told to take a five minute break after a grope attack so.. is there anything I can do?"

'Yeah, it sounds like you get groped a lot. I don't really see why. Maybe you're just that innocent looking,' he said, though by innocent he meant more clueless and naive. That sort of personality was attractive to some people. Kaori was one of those people who loved to fuck up innocent people but he was also irritated by how moronic Hiro had been on his first shift. It would take time for him to warm up after such a cold first impression.

'Oh honey, they touched your no-no spots,' he said in a pitying tone. Ayame was a pervert but he was a harmless one who wouldn't go as far as to touch someone without permission. 'Which one was it so I can keep an eye on them?'

'You run along, I'll take care of your tables until you get back. Which ones are they?' he asked. 'In fact, what are your table numbers so far? You take your time and do whatever you need to do. I'll take care of everything, sweetie.'

Hiro looks at Kaori and looks down a bit, "it's not my fault... I am sure I am not the only one that got groped here," he pouts a little bit as he glances away, sighing seeing Kaori was not one to change right away. It did help to watch Akihiro though, lectures were another thing but actually showing how something is done was just more memorizing to him.

Hiro blushes a bit and looks off to the side, nodding his head. he slowly perks his head and points over at the table, "over there, he kinda got scolded by Kaori so I am not sure if he will do it again while he is here."

Hiro nods his head and looks at Ayame, point over at the table with he group two guys, one black hair and one red head and two girls, one blonde and the other a brunette were sitting at. He then points at the table with the couple, "I only got what they wanted to drink, then I got pulled off to the side so I can watch Akihiro. I will go outside so I am not in the way, if anyone needs me, let me know," he walks outside and sits on the bench.

He couldn't believe it, his first day on the job and he already got groped.

'I'm not blaming you for someone else's actions. I'm sure you're not the only person to get groped but it does seem to happen to you more than other people. There must be a reason,' Kaori replied. It had been Kaori's job to show Hiro around and that's what he did. He was not a waiter so could not be expected to show Hiro how to wait tables or use the tablet. He'd never been a waiter in his life. His job ended before showing how to wait tables and do his job. That was more Becky's and Ayame's forte as the maitre' ds. The only things Kaori could show Hiro were where things were, such as where the food trays and drinks trays were placed or how the ticket printers worked. Nor could he help if he'd had a lot of information to pass across in a short space of time. He'd done his job.

'Oh, that's good,' Ayame said, sounding pleased. 'It's sweet Kaori defended you like that.'

Hopefully that will mend the divide between them, Ayame thought.

'Table 16 and table 12,' Ayame said. The first table looked ready to order so he hurried off to greet them and ask if they were ready to order. As he was ordering, he saw Kaori wave and point at a waiting drinks tray with their soft drinks. Ah, so that's what Hiro did, Ayame thought to himself. It was a beginner's mistake though and not something for Kaori to get annoyed over. So long as Hiro didn't do it again there would be no trouble.

"Well it's not like I walk around with a 'grope me' sign on my back or anything. It's not like I want to be groped..," Hiro lowers his head a bit. He knew that Kaori had his specialties so he wasn't expecting him teach him everything that he needed to know as a waiter since he was a bartender.

He nods his head, "yeah.. but that is pretty much it..," Hiro sighs a bit, wishing Kaori had a bit more mercy on him for being a new waiter, handling different rules that he was use to.

Hiro was outside and rests his chin on his palm, sighing a bit as he shifts a bit. He was glad the guy didn't go too far before Kaori stopped him. Hiro looks up at the night sky and closes his eyes, wondering if the groping was going to continue.

'I'm not saying you do, at least deliberately. I'm saying it's strange you have so many stalkers and gropers at every turn,' Kaori replied, then sighed and looked over to Hiro. Had Becky and Kimberly taught him nothing throughout his shift yesterday? He'd been relying on them to show the new kid everything he needed to know. Hiro had Akihiro with him so there should not have been any mistakes in the first place, especially when Hiro claimed to have three years experience in waiting tables already. Really, it would have been better off if Hiro had no experience and had admitted to such the first time he'd been asked, that way Kaori could afford to take it easy on him for the first week at least.

The rest of the shift continued without any major dramas. Akihiro was soon satisfied with the way Hiro served customers and focused on his own tables instead. Whenever there were other jobs to be done though, such as polishing spoons or folding the silk napkins, they were passed to Hiro. It meant there was less pressure to serve customers and he could continue to watch from the sidelines how things were done. It was pretty simple, really.

At the end of his shift, Ayame wondered into the men's staff bathroom and gave a long stretch. It was the end of another long day for him, for he also had a morning job at a local cafe. He undid his suit pants and pulled his cock out of his lacy red panties. He liked to wear something a little special under his clothes. It wasn't like anyone would notice. It just made him feel pretty. Ayame bit his lip as he looked at them then glanced over to the bathroom door. Wouldn't it be so kinky to jerk off while at work? What if someone caught him? How dirty would he look?! Ayame hummed softly as he thought about it. It was so tempting.

Even though service finished at midnight, there were always a few last minute jobs to do. For the waiters that meant another fifteen minutes of cleaning. For Ayame that meant counting the cash register, printing off the EFTPOS details for the day and filling the day's details into the log book. For Michiko, that meant flushing through the espresso machine. For Kaori, that meant cleaning the milkshake and bar facilities. He was always the last to leave as he was the one who locked up the front of house. Luckily for him, most of the things he used were sent to the kitchenhand to go through the dishwasher. It was a good day when he was there only twenty minutes past midnight.

• Saga locked this topic