Guardian (Pigeon x Yukonwolfspirit)

Kotorichan

The sun was high in the sky but Erril’s bedroom was as dark as night, the curtains shut tight as the queen lay curled up under his covers. He was meant to meet with his new bodyguard today, but he couldn't bring himself to get out of bed. Having a personal bodyguard only cemented the distance between him and his husband. He had already been given his own bedroom with the excuse that he would be woken by Jion returning to bed after working late. Being given a personal guard was fairly common, but it made him feel as though he was just being pushed away even further.

His servants fretted over what to do until finally going to the king. They returned with the news that Jion would accompany him to meet the new guard. This was enough for Erril. He practically leapt out of bed and set to work cleaning him up. After a few minutes his appearance was perfect. His short red hair brushed until it shone, his feminine figure defined by a pure white sheath gown, and each flaw on his face disguised by carefully applied makeup.

The queen appeared to glide down the stairs and into the throne room where he bowed to his king. “Good morning your majesty, I am grateful that you would take the time from your busy day to calm my nerves by being by my side.” He wasn’t surprised when his words were ignored, his husband barely looking at him.

He moved to take his seat next to the older man’s throne, a shy smile gracing his features. Just being near the man he loved felt like such a privilege that he was more than happy to sit in silence until his new guard arrived.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• Kotorichan

Name: Yukie

Race: Japanese

-secretly dabbles in darker matters and is a secret demon his skills are top of the line :3-

(Yukie)

large.jpg

4c64a1ecd7d1c43f40841a71ecafa4d1.jpg

Yukie sighed his white hair pinned up in a very classy and a sort of I don't care how I look way as he looked around the creepy park and adjusted his glasses as he frowned and walked around the castle grounds slightly exploring, But finding it to much work to put on such displays for the servents not caring to fit in or socialize...though he was still single and a loner he could care less to find any romance with the people he worked with. He wandered around keeping in the shadows not caring for anyone to spot him as he huffed unamused by the palace. Yukie didn't care for his new master or job assignment his mind tells him he should have just refused and stayed back home...but the pay was good and his family didn't have enough to get by in the end he left his home and pursued a darker job as a personal assassin and guard he had no choice he wouldn't let his family suffer his parents where older and had given him a life even when nobody had wanted him. He sighed as he slowly made his way down the hallway and to the door before knocking and entering.

Erril tried to hide his disappointment as the guard entered. He had hoped that the man would arrive late so he could spend more time with his husband. But he was clearly out of luck. He managed to force a bright smile. "Ah, hello. You must be Yukie... It is a pleasure to meet you."

Before he could say anything else the king spoke. "Go." He said sternly. "You can get to know one another in the garden."

"But..." Erill stopped himself before he could continue, he face simply crumpling in sadness. "Y-yes your majesty." He rose to his feet and began to walk towards the door, barely glancing at the guard. He felt as though he might burst into tears at any moment.

"Your majesty...it's also important I get to know my boss also perhaps you join me for lunch my treat" Yukie replied clearly wanting to know his king just a little more.

Jion shot the guard a cold glare. "I think you are forgetting your position." He said sternly. "Your duty is to guard him." He nodded towards Erril as he spoke. "You have no place to be questioning my orders, and there is no reason for you to become friendly with me. If you cannot be professional then you should take your leave now."

Erril clenched his hands into fists, he didn't want to hear this. The way his husband refused to even speak his name, how quickly he was brushed off... It was all so painful. "Why are you doing this?" He hissed, barely loud enough for Yukie to hear.

"As you wish...forgive me for my mistake where I'm from it's just as important for us to know our boss in the event there is ever an imposter out to kill the queen" Yukie explained bowing low he knew his place all to well. "I swear on my life to protect your queen even if it comes to be my death" Yukie replied the man brushing off his queens anger as he slowly got up. "We shall go, your husband has much work to do its best you don't bother him" Yukie replied waiting for Erril

"Such a thing will wait until I decide it is an appropriate time." Jion said coldly. "For now I trust you can protect him for a day or two."

Erril turned to bow to the king again before leaving the room, trying to hide his anger. He passed through the halls for what seemed to be far too long, growing farther and farther away from the main palace.

Finally he reached a garden that was separated from the rest of the royal grounds. In the center was a tall tower which cast a dark shadow over the beautifully kept flowers. His feet took him to a grove of trees, some of which were torn own while the other were scarred with claw marks. The queen's hands changed into the claws of his dragon from.

Without warning he lashed out at the bark, ripping deep into the wood. Tears finally began to roll down his cheeks and an animistic roar escaped his throat. After just a few moments the tree shuddered and fell to the ground, leaving Erril shaking with emotion.

"...so I'm guessing either your cursed or this is normal for you" Yukie asked as he fixed his gloves and sat down on a bench admiring the beautiful flowers. "I can see why your angry he's quite rude"

Erril whirled around to glare at the guard. "I'm not angry at Jion, I'm angry at you!" He snapped. "Why couldn't you just shut up and do as he said? I finally got some time to be with him and he seemed satisfied with me, then you had to go and ruin it!" He wirled around and slammed his fist into another tree, shattering the wood.

"Don't blame me for your martial problems...it's not my fault your husband wants nothing to do with you!" Yukie snapped as he glared and sat down hating his job even more as he pulled out a cigarette and smoked.

Erril's shoulders shook as he began to sob. "S-shut up! I didn't want you here, I can protect myself if I need to!" He turned back to Yukie, his face wet with tears. "And it's your fault that he has another reason to avoid me! I-if you got along with him then I thought... M-maybe I could see him more often..." He covered his face with his hands, the claws digging into his face until they began to draw blood.

"Crying is so unsightly for a beautiful queen as yourself" Yukie replied as he sighed and pulled out a handkerchief and wiping way his queens tears. "I will try my hardest to get along with everyone so he may see you..." Yukie explained as he sighed not sure what to do.

Erril's cheeks flushed softly at the comment, he quickly tried to brush the hand away. The claws slowly disappeared, changing back to his delicate human ones. "W-why?" His brow furrowed his confusion. "Aren't you going to call me a monster? Or tell me that it's my own fault for wanting something so unreasonable?" He looked away. "Why are you being nice all of a sudden?"

"Believe it or not I understand how it feels to be different and looked at as a monster" Yukie explained as he smiled..." and it's not unreasonable to be in love with someone so beautiful..." Yukie added as he smiled dreaming of his own lovers back home.

Errel's cheeks grew even more red as the man kept talking. "B-be quiet, I'm not going to be won over by a bit of flirting." He dropped his gaze to the ground. "Besides, I will always be faithful to Jion... Even if..." His words trailed off and he bit his lip, not wanting to continue.

"Even if he takes a mistress like most kings do" Yukie replied as he sighed and gently looked at Erril."so my queen care to give me a tour of my new home and where I will be staying?"

Errel nodded slightly, although that wasn't the real reason. He didn't want to say the real reason. "Well... This tower is where I live, unless Jion decides it is appropriate for me to join him at some event..." He walked towards the front door. "Your room will be next to mine, so you will be able to protect me if anything actually happens. Although I can almost guarantee that nothing will..."

"If we are being honest the only reason I accepted this job was to send money home so I'm asking right now if meals are included with board" Yukie replied followingnhis queen up to his chambers.

"I do appreciate your honesty..." Errel showed the faintest hint of a smile. "You have picked a very good job for that... You will be fed and given appropriate clothing. There are not many people who would want to kill me, and I can defend myself for the most part."

The inside of the tower was very plain, it did not look like part of the castle. Instead it looked like somewhere that servants might live. He led the man up a few flights of stairs and gestured to one of the doors. "That is where I will be sleeping..." He opened the other door to reveal a very high class, but simple bedroom. "And this is yours. The closet has a few outfits that you can wear for now. A tailor should be coming later today and will take your measurements for the clothing you will wear during your employment."

"Thank you very much" Yukie replied as he smiled and set his bags down in the room as he looked around. "So do you ever leave your home?" Yukie asked curiously.

(Are we in modern times?)

"Only with Jion's permission..." Erril dropped his gaze to the ground. "Besides... There really isn't anywhere for me to go. Most of the people in this country think I'm a terrible monster. They wouldn't try to kill me, but it makes it very unpleasant to go anywhere..."

(Um, I didn't think about that. Whichever you prefer)

(Modern allows for More fun :3)

"I see well would you allow me to take you on hikes in the forest?" Yukie asked afew men coming up with his boxes and furniture.

((Sounds good :>))

Erill frowned slightly, taken aback by the man's request. "I... I suppose so... I would have expected you to prefer to spend your time alone as much as possible..."

"It will help kill the homesickness" Yukie explained as he unpacked some family pictures and a cute shrine gently taking care of his belongings as he unpacked.

Erril watched as the man unpacked. He stepped over to the photos and leaned in to examine them, careful not to touch them. "Is this your family..?" He asked softly. "You seem..." He trailed off and looked away. "Nevermind."

• Saga locked this topic