Behind Unexpected Doors (StainedCrimson and Morirp)

Morirp

When Ladon hears Kazuya mention his parents, he pauses and tilts his head thoughtfully while looking at the other. "It sounds like your father was a gifted and powerful seer." He states finally before moving on and making no further mention of the other's family. Should his treasure wish to talk more about them, then he would be more than happy to hear about it. However, he can tell that at this time his curiosity needs to be pushed to the side.

Ladon blinks slowly when thanked, but gives a slow nod. "You are welcome." He replies before laughing softly when the other is surprised by the amount of work he has to do. "Well, I have a variety of clients and some have specific needs." He comments with a light tone. When Kazuya mentions making him breakfast, his lips twitch as he fights off a smile.

"Why, are you trying to get into my home treasure? There's certainly nothing here for you to cook if, you are indeed, here long enough to feel the urge to make breakfast." Not that he would mind if the other wanted to stay the night. Or even longer as would be his personal preference. Nabbing a box himself he starts to get back to work. "Now then, all the 'pre-made' and 'typical' objects will have SKU numbers to correlate to pricing, and even some of the herbs will go upfront. However, beyond that the more serious items should be set to the side as they go elsewhere." Mostly they are split between the two back rooms as neither is as large of an area as the front of the shop.

Looking around he gives a faint frown then shrugs. "If the price gun isn't there then do not worry about pricing. There is a list with the numbers to punch in up front by the register that can be used. There are also enough signs out there to where putting a price tag on things is optional." By that he merely means that everything has been meticulously signed and organized.

Glancing at the time he stands up to go and get them some tea and a snack while they continue. Despite the other's words he will not have Kazuya work through the night to get through the inventory process with him. It has already gone by much faster than he anticipated as the other already knew much of what to do and needed very little guidance.

Returning with a tray and full pot of tea, he holds out a cup for the other. "I think perhaps a small break is in order." He says with a faint smile waiting for the cup to be taken before moving to set the tray down and sip out of his own cup. After a moment he glances at the other. "After that box is finished you can head home. This was actually a task I meant to space out over three days so there is no rush to get it done now and I wouldn't want you to go home too late." Ladon says slowly.

While he would like to extend the invite to stay should it already be too late, he is uncertain of how the other would react. Yes, his pearl is starting to flirt with him more, but that doesn't mean that an offer to stay the night would be well received. On the other hand he is uncertain if he would be able to resist the temptation of pursuing Kazuya in his home. He looks up towards as he ponders that, a thoughtful frown on his face.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StainedCrimson

• Morirp

Kazuya nodded, accepting the explanation for the amount of work with little more than the non-verbal response. It seemed like sound reasoning to have so much to do, though he was a little surprised it didn’t seem like Ladon had a staff to help him take care of these tasks. Letting the talk of what he could see and what questions he might want to ask go, he let his mind flutter over various topics while they worked. Though, the question of getting into his home made him smile, a gentle laugh escaping his lips. “Perhaps I just like giving you things that will make you smile Ladon, and as time is usually the most precious thing a person could give, I feel as though it’s a fitting gift for someone as unique as you.”

After the brief set of instructions on pricing, and digging out the gun, the work continued at a smooth pace, “I guess I’m just accustomed to putting prices on everything, in case a customer moves something from where it was supposed to be, a later individual might find it and want the price. This way no one has to look hard. Work smarter now, work less hard later?” He shrugged, moving through things as efficiently as he could considering he’d never worked with items like the ones Ladon sold before.

When Ladon disappeared he didn’t question it, the man probably had a thousand things to do at any given time. He felt bad sometimes, wondering if he was a burden absorbing Ladon’s time. Especially someone so successful, he wondered if he seemed like someone just after that type of success.

When Ladon returned with the tea and snacks Kazuya laughed warmly, “If you keep feeding me like this I won’t want to leave. I live off of cheap food at home.” He admitted with a slight blush. He accepted the tea with a note of thanks, blowing on it for a few moments before taking a grateful sip; he hadn’t noticed how thirsty he was. He stood up and set his cup down for a moment to stretch after leaning in front of the box for so long. When the time was mentioned Kazuya pulled out his cell phone, checking the time briefly. It didn’t seem like it was that late but it was apparently later than he thought. “Only if you’re sure. I don’t have to work again till Saturday and I’m caught up in all of my classes so I don’t have much to do tomorrow. Helping you isn’t going to put a strain on my schedule.” He shrugged though, and would let Ladon make that choice. After all, it was his shop, and he was sure the other man would want sleep before the work day tomorrow.

He nicked one of the snacks from the tray, taking a bite and looking over some of the shelves. He spotted a book he might like to read, but it looked very old, and was likely out of his price range. He only understood a little of what the spine said – Latin was never his strong suit… When he turned to ask Ladon about perhaps borrowing it, he noticed the frown, blinking a moment to wonder what he was thinking about. He pushed the question of the book aside and instead asked something different. “Is something troubling you?”

At Kazuya's comment about customer's moving things and issues with them as a result, he merely gives a faint smirk. "Treasure, I never have trouble with customers." He rumbles as if amused at the very thought of his clientele for the shop would ever be the sort to give him any grief. Much like the younger male they often get the sense of self-preservation if they start getting too pushy or troublesome and so stop without really knowing why.

Those kind of issues are very rare and far between though. Most of those that come in are friendly and outgoing or very reclusive and/or shy. As a result he has a predominantly peaceful job when in the shop unlike most other businesses that deal with the public.

When Kazuya teases him about not wanting to leave if he keeps being fed, Ladon gives a slow grin and looks him over. Almost playfully leering at him. "And what makes you think that isn't my goal hmm?" At the mention of cheap food he snorts and takes a long draw from his cup. "While I have nothing against saving money, taking care of yourself with a proper diet is a must. If I have to tempt you over with work and slip you food to make sure you get it then I suppose I'll do what I must." He sniffs though doesn't seem put out in the slightest at the thought.

When Kazuya asks him if something is troubling him, Ladon's gaze slides over to the other. "I was wondering on if I should offer you to stay at my place for the night or if that would be unwelcome. I have other business I need to tend to before I end my day and I also do not approve of working through the night unnecessarily." He gives a long slow exhale through his nostrils. "Besides, it is most selfish and thoughtless of me to have you work so much for nothing."

He disregards the other's comment that he has nothing to do the next day as that is still no reason to needlessly work through the night. "You have helped me a great deal already Kazuya, there is no need to do more on my account." Ladon rumbles softly even as he watches carefully for how his guest will react to the him sharing what it was that he had been considering.

Kazuya chuckled softly when Ladon mentioned his lack of trouble Well, I’m not all that surprised to hear that. He still felt weird about being called treasure, but he also felt like this wasn’t something he could easily fight Ladon on. He finished up his snack while he listened to Ladon, the low rumble of his voice was strangely comforting; though it was easy to remember how threatening he could be so quickly. “I suppose you don’t know what it’s like to be a college student… Cheap food was about all I could afford before I started working for Jack, I suppose now it’s just habit so I can afford my tuition and books without having to take on extra work.” He shrugged off the thought. He found Ladon’s concern with his food endearing though. He was curious what was in it for Ladon to offer him food so easily though.

“Why are you so concerned with my eating habits?” Kazuya laughed and lifted his tank top to expose a fit stomach. “I’m not getting fat am I?” he laughed, a warm sound filling the shop. Kazuya seemed to radiate the pleasant atmosphere. “I’m kidding.” Though he might have been kidding, he didn’t pass up the chance to wink at Ladon.

Though the carefree nature about the boy didn’t fade at the offer to spend the night, he didn’t immediately comment either. He mulled over some things, trying to phrase his answer in a way that was polite, as well as honest. “Hmm. Well, it depends on what you’re after really Ladon. If you want sex, then it’s really not that uncommon of an offer. We’re both adults so there isn’t really anything strange about it. If you want something different… like a relationship… then I suppose dating would come before sleeping in your bed.” Kazuya spent a moment thinking over what he would say next. “But, no, it’s not unwelcome.” He smiled coyly, moving a piece of hair that had gotten loose from his tie back behind his ear.

Sharp green eyes held to Ladon’s pair. “As for it being selfish or thoughtless, that is a silly statement. I offered to help you, and in fact, I basically dragged you up here so that I wasn’t too much of a burden on your time since you were busy when I arrived.” He knew it was dangerous to call Ladon silly, which is why he held his gaze so sternly. “If this is how I chose to spend my time, how can you say that it was selfish? Besides, you’ve provided me tea, and food. I’m not wanting for anything… well I’m not wanting for much.” That wry smirk appeared on his lips again, daring Ladon to complain about his tone or whatever else he might get grumpy about. “Besides, perhaps its I who am selfish, what if I’m just helping you get through all this work so that you have more time to focus on me?”

Ladon blinks at Kazuya slowly as an imperceptible frown appears, and the feeling of earthquake weather returns again. The tension, high still heat... "You presume to think that because I eat well and have a business that I did not attend a university or have struggled?" He asks softly, and despite the softness of his tone, it is clear that Kazuya is once more in a precarious situation.

Despite what the other has accused him of, and what Ladon is, he has indeed known hardship and horrors that the other cannot even begin to imagine. Granted those times were mostly when he was young and not as able to fight back as he later came to be, but in some ways that is even worse. In those times violence and the fight for survival were real in a way that those today will never be able to comprehend, and for that they should be thankful.

At the next question and the following laughter, Ladon gives another blink and the sense of danger fades minutely. He does take the proffered chance to look at the exposed flesh before tilting his head as though in thought as he examines the other. "No, not fat by any means though I do think that you could do with quality meals now and then." He sniffs while moving away to set an item he had been holding down. "And is it truly so odd to think that someone may just want to take care of you because they don't like to see others suffer?" Or in this case, wanting to entice Kazuya wanting to stay.

Using the moment to take a slow breath and roll his shoulders, he tries to bring himself back to the present and push aside the bit of hurt he felt at the other's assumption. After a few moments he turns to look at Kazuya and tilts his head. This time, the frown is one of puzzlement and confusion. "A relationship?" He echoes quietly.

Straightening he seems to look at Kazuya more intensely. "Are you saying you would like to be in a relationship with me Kazuya?" The surprise and softness of tone in combination with the tentativeness of it, almost seems at odds with the type of man Ladon has presented thus far. Despite all that he has, does, and is, Ladon can easily count on one hand, having fingers left over, the number of times someone has ever wanted him for him.

Shifting, he tilts his head almost looking unsure. "Sex, a bed, or more you merely have to ask." He says finally before his treasure continues on causing him to raise an eyebrow. "Taking advantage of help offered beyond what was originally intended could be argued.And providing refreshments is the act of a thoughtful host is it not?" A faint tugging at his lips is the only indication that Ladon has relaxed and is enjoying the banter. Turning he waves a hand over his shoulder as he goes to refill his cup. "And if my time is something you're seeking, then again, you have merely to ask for it."

Kazuya's eyes narrowed at the other's tone, noting he'd pushed a button. "No, not at all. In fact I would assume you've been to college to be as successful as you are. I guess I miss spoke, what I meant was that I suppose you don't know what it's like to be a college student right now. Its very expensive, and I don't receive much help from my family. I don't assume I know anything about your past, as you haven't told me anything about it yet." He paused briefly. "Everyone has history though."

He was glad that the other let it go so quickly though, the light hearted environment picking back up. He smirked when he saw Ladon look at his offered glance, his eyes basically dancing as if the light had changed, showing his excitement. Though, the question of whether or not he found it odd that someone wanted to take care of him just for the sake of taking care of him, he had to take a moment to think. His eyes going distant almost as fast as they were excited. "I suppose I do find it odd. No one has ever wanted to take care of me before, so my immediate question would be why would someone want to take care of me now? It's probably a strange thing to hear, but I've taken care of my self my whole life, as you know, so I'm not accustomed to someone willingly caring for me without wanting something in return."

At the sudden question about relationships Kazuya gave a soft chuckle. It was like he'd stung the other with a bee. "Id' be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind Ladon. You're attractive, and I like your company. I think those are the things most people look for when they start a relationship." His emerald orbs lifted and caught the grey ones. At this point it could be questioned who exactly was chasing who. "That being said, usually dating comes before a relationship, you know... to make sure you're both compatible and it isn't just lust." Kazuya couldn't hold back a laugh, at himself really. "Not that I have a lot of room to talk, I've not had many dates or relationships." He shrugged, leaving that for what it was, a simple truth.

Kazuya wasn't sure how to take the offer for pretty much -anything-, they were trapped in a strange conversation, it was like one of them would have to bend their ideals, even though there was no contradiction between them. The almost smile that drew on Ladon's lips was enough to allow Kazuya to relax a little. He picked up his cup and drained it quickly, following after Ladon to the teapot. He set his cup down next to the shop owner's and took a deep breath as adrenaline shot through his system, nervous. "If all I have to do is ask, then... I want a date... Please." He waited to see what Ladon would say, nervous he'd be shot down really.

A smile cracked through his nerves and he tapped his cup with his finger gently. "And some more tea, please." He had almost asked for a kiss, but he wasn't quite bold enough for that. Being so close to Ladon he could feel the other's body heat; once again he just assumed it was from working, and tea, really any number of things. He didn't want to side track the conversation after asking his question, so the questions that were threatening to bubble over at any given moment got stuffed away for the time being. About the book, about how Ladon had gotten involved in such a business. He wasn't bold enough to ask about the packages from Jack yet though...

As his mind drifted he realized he should probably pick up some work from the seedy little bar soon - his mother's hospital bills would be coming in soon. The thought, much like his questions was pushed aside though, he wanted to give Ladon the attention he so obviously commanded. It was tempting now that the ice was broken to reach out and touch the man, but Kazuya attempted to be patient. If Ladon said no, the touch wouldn't be appreciated. It was like waiting to open packages at christmas time, or waiting for the tide to come in on the ocean front so that you could swim; his heart hadn't let up on it's racing pace.

Ladon gives a small nod of consent. "True, everyone has a history of some sort. Though not all are interested in another's." This was a slight jab at the other as, despite Ladon asking about Kazuya a fair amount, the other had not shown the same interest in return. At least, not vocally.

At the other's insinuation of his age he gives a snort, the same time as pouring himself a cup of tea so the smoke mixed in with the steam. "You presume to know my age now? I'll have you know I finished university, paying my own way mind you, less than a handful of years ago." He goes back periodically to make sure he doesn't miss any major developments, or just when he hears of something of interest. Honestly, at his age what else does he really have to do?

When his treasure starts to talk about how someone wanting to care for him, without demanding anything in return, is a foreign concept to him Ladon gives a small sigh. "I suppose in these times it is true. Though there is lore talking of days and Beings when such was the norm." He comments almost idly and without thought.

As their talk centers on relationships, he glances at the slim male. "Just as the concept of someone wanting to take care of you without wanting something in return is foreign, so to, can be the thought that some are considered for a relationship." He pauses and tilts his head. "A romantic or sexual relationship that is." Ladon clarifies after a moment. By no means is he a virgin, at his age that would be a downright embarrassment, but most came to him in hopes to lay claim to his power and influence.

At the sudden change of behavior from Kazuya, coupled with the requests, Ladon jolts slightly before a slow grin appears as his eyes darken with approval and desire. "Of course treasure." He rumbles out first pouring the tea then lightly brushes some strands of hair out of the other's face, taking care to not touch skin. "I will have to consider where to take you for a date, but it would be my pleasure to do so." A look of pure satisfaction and contentment is now on his face as he holds out Kazuya's refilled cup to him.

It is clear to him that the other has numerous questions that are just barely being held back, but he isn't sure if he's ready to answer all of them yet. "Now then, anything I should know before I plan our date?" He asks in a low smoky tone, leaning in close enough that if either of them moves the slightest then their lips will touch.

Kazuya chuckled "I told you I don't presume to know anything. And you don't look much older than me, if any older, so it doesn't surprise me to hear you've just finished college. Though since we're on the topic, how old are you?" Despite his reserve on asking about Ladon's past he was very interested, he just wasn't sure how to go about asking questions when he knew what Ladon's job entailed. Specifically what he was doing with Jack, so he would wait until Ladon was more comfortable, perhaps, to really start asking those questions. Both for his health, and to be polite. He supposed this was a business where trust had to be established.

Still, he was happy that the subject was on lighter things for just the moment anyways. It seemed neither of them were well versed in relationships, but that didn't matter much. "I would assume the only reason you would go without a relationship for any length of time would be because of your line of work with Jack, whatever that might be." he stated quietly. He didn't pry, though his eyes showed that there were questions. "Your handsome, and intelligent... it just seems like there'd be people falling all over you." he laughed softly.

When Ladon agreed to their date, a blush caressed his cheeks, he said of course... I mean... he said all I had to do was ask? What was I expecting? Him to laugh at me? It seemed like he stared at Ladon for an hour, without blinking. But really it wasn't but a few seconds. The feeling of Ladon's fingers through his hair brought him back to earth, "Thank you... for the tea." his fingers gripped the cup that was held out to him like it was all he could do to hold onto reality. "Well... you have my phone number... all you need to do is call and I'd be happy to schedule date." He still seemed a little shocked by Ladon's easy acceptance of his request, swallowing hard he blew on his tea before taking a sip.

By the time he looked up from his cup Ladon was close, asking about what he should know before planning it. Kazuya could feel the warmth of Ladon, but wasn't quite sure if it was the other man, or the heat from his own cheeks. "Um... perhaps only that I prefer... quite locations where we can talk to noisy crowded ones..." he couldn't take it anymore, with Ladon so close he could smell him - like campfires and summer nights. His skin was so close, those grey eyes trapping his own green ones.

Kazuya moved his hand to set his tea down on the counter near by, without moving his head at all. "You're so warm..." he barely finished speaking before he pushed up on his toes, pressing his own soft lips to Ladon's. It was a rush, adrenaline caused him to inhale deeply, his eyes wide and dilated briefly before they shut tight. A sound escaped him as his fingers found a bit of Ladon's shirt to grip to. The images were fierce, and clear; smoke and fire again, then Ladon in the middle of a burning building without getting hurt. When they subsided he nearly pulled away, at the last second though his hand moved up to touch Ladon's neck, holding the other man in place for a moment longer than perhaps either of them would anticipate.

When he finally pulled away he licked his bottom lip, his cheeks flush bright red, his green eyes bright. He picked up his cup and took a long drink. "Why is it... whenever I see images of you in my mind, you're always surrounded by smoke and fire... but you never seem to get burned by it?" He wasn't sure Ladon would answer the question, but he had to ask. The man did tell him that if he saw anything confusing he could ask after all.

At Kazuya's question about his age he gives a chuckle. "I'm not sure you'd believe me even if I told you." He replies easily though when the other proposes as to why Ladon is without a relationship, indicating the reasons he feels that Ladon would otherwise have one or been in one, he gives a soft almost disappointed sigh. "Those would be reasons one would assume I'd have admirers wouldn't it? Yet at the same time those traits would be part of what makes it difficult. Jack has very little to do with it in all honesty."

In fact, Jack would actually be someone who could help him find someone if Ladon ever felt so inclined to ask. That said, he has never felt the need to and now he has this little shiny treasure all but gift wrapped for him. Speaking of the man, however, he will need to go see him soon to make it clear that should he give Kazuya anymore jobs that they are to be kept on the quiet side of things. Running will at least give the other money, but not put him in any situations that will be dangerous. Not with the reputation Jack has.

Ladon laughs softly at the other's clear astonishment of having his request for a date accepted. Poor little treasure... He thinks while watching Kazuya take a stunned sip of his tea. "You're welcome pearl." He listens and nods when the other gives his preference for quieter settings compared to busy and noisy ones. That is something he can agree with and so is not hardship on his part. "Any allergies?" While at this point he is certain there aren't any, it never hurts to ask and be certain. Humans are so fragile afterall.

He lets out a soft surprised sound when all of a sudden Kazuya leans up and presses their lips together. Quickly a low pleased rumble slides out as his hands go to firmly hold onto the slim hips of the pretty little male. Ladon fights the strong desire and instinct to claim and dominant, both the kiss and going further, to the point he shakes with the effort. When Kazuya finally pulls away, his eyes watches as the pale pink tongue slips out to trace that full lower lip.

It takes a few moments for the question to penetrate the fog in his mind, but his gaze drags up to the other's. "We all have our special abilities and traits treasure. I am not sure you are ready to hear mine yet." His voice is low, smoky and has a faint hint of a growl to it, before he clears his throat. Dragging his gaze away, he also takes a long drink of his tea.

"Now then, finish your tea pet and then we'll see about getting you some rest tonight." Sounds almost agitated, he starts picking things up for the night to give them both a bit of time to recover from the surprisingly intense, though brief, kiss that had just happened.

After the tea items are cleaned and put away, he seems to debate a moment before speaking. "As much as I would enjoy having you close tonight in my home, perhaps it would be best if you went home tonight." He looks at his living treasure out of the corner of his eye. "Now that I've had a taste, I cannot promise that I'll be able to hold myself in check if you were to be in my home."

Kazuya thought briefly about about the question - "No, no allergies... I do prefer ocean fish to fresh water though." It seemed like a strange preference to most people, but ocean white fish like cod and halibut had always been Kazuya's favorite. His aunt used to make him smoked halibut on his birthday and upon trying fresh water fish like tilapia he found the flavor to be appalling. He shrugged though, that seemed to be it as he wasn't a picky eater.

The sound Ladon made when he kissed the other man was pleasing, causing Kazuya's hair to prickle as the slight noise washed over him. Kazuya felt lost in the kiss after all the images subsided, a sharp inhale was audible when Ladon's hand gripped his waist. He could tell that Ladon wanted more... Kazuya did as well, but Ladon was being quite the gentleman; he didn't want to ruin it. The kiss had left him breathless, and the taste of Ladon on his skin was driving him crazy.

Kazuya felt a bit numb as he was told to finish his tea, nearly arguing with Landon until words about it being best if he went home flowed through his ears. He wasn't that surprised, really, that Ladon would rather him go home. It was the reason he found shocking. The agitated rumble of Ladon's voice left Kazuya wondering just how much Ladon had to hold back or if he had overstepped a boundary. He finally stumbled out "I'm sorry... if I overstepped my place." He bit his bottom lip, and drained his cup. "Let me at least finish putting this box up before I go." He shifted to set his cup down, and then moved back to the box he'd been working on.

Kazuya's skin felt like it was buzzing; tingling and alive with electricity. Little did Kazuya know it was a type of magical potential being around Ladon was awakening. Something that Kazuya would have to drive into the darkest places of his family lineage to really learn about. For now, it felt like adrenaline, but something about Kazuya had certainly shifted. As the rush subsided a slight smile, showing the boy's content, maintained a place on his lips. His eyes on his task though his mind was elsewhere. He made quick work of the rest of the box, and disposed of what trash needed to be taken care of.

Kazuya's fingers curled around the fabric of his shirt, lifting it but hesitating before he slid it over his skin. It felt strangely heavy at the moment, though he didn't say anything about it. Next came the vest, though for now he left them both open, maintaining himself in the tight tank top. He wasn't sure how to end the night... really how could one be sure around someone like Ladon. So, he moved to the busy male, leaning up to give him a quick peck on the cheek. "G'night... Ladon." He hesitated again, just for a moment, before he turned away from the shop owner, and headed for the door. A small bell chimed as he left. Kazuya knew if he waited another moment he'd end up demanding that he stay.

The night air was -cold-, suffocatingly cold the moment he was out of the shop. It took a few deep breaths of the crisp air to realize that it wasn't the outside that was cold, but the fact that Kazuya's body temperature had shot through the roof in that small shop. His brilliant green eyes glanced around, really he was too hyped up to go home right now so instead he took a walk. Roaming the streets of the town was nothing new to the boy, though it was definitely Thursday and the streets were all but abandoned.

Hearing the other's preference in fish, he gives a slight nod. To him, personally, as long as it is fresh and prepared well he isn't overly picky with marine food. He does prefer a good steak though. Otherwise he has minor preferences but nothing major and no allergies. Well, none that he knows of at any rate.

When Kazuya apologizes, Ladon can't but help to snort and rolls his eyes. "You have nothing to apologize for Kazuya." Honestly, the other is a puzzle but a delight. He watches in bemusement as the other finishes with the box. As he watches, his head tilts almost like a cat. Something seems to be changing with his pet. The taste of magic seems to be increasing, though he's not sure why.

Even though he could tell his little treasure was gifted, it hadn't stood out as obvious as this. His eyes narrow as he tries to think just what has changed and how this will influence their growing... relationship? He's not quite sure what to think of this development between them, but knows he'll need to look into the other's background to see what he can find out.

Seeing Kazuya put clothes back on, he lets out a soft disappointed sigh as the delicious body he wants to explore gets covered back up. When he receives a kiss on the cheek, a faint smile appears. "Good night Kazuya. Do be careful on your way home treasure. I'll be sure to contact you soon for our date." He rumbles while watching the other off. Once he can no longer see the other, he goes back in and locks the door.

No hint of a smile or laid back expression on his face, Ladon goes to make a phone call. "Jack, that runner of yours... I want to know everything about him and his family." He pauses then tilts his head. "Oh, and no matter what he asks you only give him safe running jobs. If he needs other work send him to me."

Jack was busy when the phone rang, his eyes narrowed - it was actually quite late and he didn't like being interrupted at this hour. There was a moment of debate where he wasn't going to answer, but curiosity got the better of him and when his eyes saw the name on the phone it was a mere twitch to answer. "Landon, its a pleasure to hear from you, what can I do for-" But he was cut off with questions quite quickly. He blinked slowly. Runner? There were at least ten right now - business was booming.

Still Ladon knew better than to take that for an answer, Jack took meticulous notes in what most people thought was code, but in reality was a pixie language. "You'll have to give me a moment, I don't know which one you're talking about." He put Ladon on hold while he moved to his back office, a grand room full of plants and life. When he got there he pulled out a binder full of their current runner's and their history. Picking the phone back up he looked down the list. "Last runner I sent to you was Kazuya Motome. He's a 24 year old grad student, looks like hes studying neurology... smart kid. Hmmm... hmm.." Jack fell quiet for a moment. "Our intel couldn't get much on him, mother is in an institution, looks like she went bonkers when she found out she was pregnant. No clue who the father is, it says he was maybe some kind of fortune teller. There is a note here that says the Aunt- Izuya- I guess the kids mom used to tell this woman he was an angel. Specifically, that he wasn't human."

Jack fell silent for a long moment, "Ladon, you gonna tell me what this is all about? You call up asking for runner info, which you have never done, and you tell me to give one of my best runners easy snatches? Even if I do he's usually only in once every three or four weeks. Most of the funds are sent right to the mom's account at the hospital. Her name by the way is Jinju Motome."

There was a little more in the file but really it didn't seem relevent. Background check stuff. "Thats about all I've got Ladon, is there anything else you need?"

Kazuya made it home that night, and his skin still felt like it was buzzing, though it was subsiding a bit. He pushed a hand through his hair, removing all of his clothing in order to take a shower. He wasn't sure if he could sleep even after the relaxing hot water, so he threw on some clothes, made himself a cup of tea and sat down, might as well get ahead on his classes. It was due to be a long night, since he couldn't get the image of Ladon out of his mind.

Ladon tsks at Jack. "Come now, are you getting blind in your old age Jack? Or perhaps just jaded. He has caught my interest and unless something happens to change my mind, I've decided to claim him." He pauses and tilts his head. "Or perhaps he is trying to claim me? He is the one who asked for a date after all..." Ladon muses aloud.

Shrugging he continues on. "Either way, there's definitely something other about him and I want to know what that is. He mentioned that his father was able to read the stars like a book and he seems to have some sort of sensitivity or ability." His voices turns a bit teasing and taunting for the other to not have noticed that sooner and looked into it. "So unless you want to risk him exposing, or perhaps being exposed, to our world," Not meaning just the one where they partake in illegal human affairs. "and possibly causing me to have to personally intervene to make sure he isn't harmed then keeping him on the low end would be wise."

Entering his room, he shrugs off and lets the dirty shirt fall onto a pile which then leads to a mini-landslide of coins moving it down. He ignores it, much like he ignores all of the gold, glitter, shine, and stacks of items that fill his bedroom around his bed as he makes his way into the bathroom. "After all, you do remember how I get when something gets my attention don't you?" Ladon gives what would be a teasing grin except there's far too many teeth. Not that Jack could see it.

Turning, there's a faint shimmer and then suddenly light shines off what looks like black scales along Ladon's spine except appear to be under the skin that go up the neck ending at the hairline. Leaning back to look up at the ceiling, he ponders a genuine question. "Do you think if they actually saw me more people would end up in an institution or believe we exist?"

Despite his not pressing Jack for more information, he's already preparing to send his people out for investigative work to see what they find out about Kazuya. While the shine of the other initially caught his attention, being bold and pure of heart, face, and possibly even body, the puzzle that surrounds the other is perhaps what has finally captured Ladon's attention fully.

With a soft sigh he gets back to the matter at hand. "Regardless, he has given me gifts and asked me on a date Jack. Even if we weren't what we are you should know what significance that holds." With a huff of smoke he shakes his head. "I'll let you go now, and I do apologize for bothering you so late. I'm going to clean up and then stretch for awhile before bed. Goodnight Jack." Hanging up he quickly gets into a steaming shower to clean up.

Shortly there after large areas of the nighttime sky appear to vanish and reappear. Almost as if something momentarily blocked the light of the stars. However, with it being a new moon no one really appears to notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Jack let out a low sound. "Hnnn. Alright, alright. I'll make sure to put him on the less dangerous roster... You've got my word Ladon " He gave an inaudible nod as Ladon spoke, rubbing his temples. "If he gets into trouble though I'm not taking responsibility for it. I did my part putting him on light duty Ladon, you can't pull that fire breathing intimidation act on me, you shiney bastard. My house is your house." It was an old pixie saying he was sure the other would understand, a friendly threat roughly equivalent to the human saying 'Don't bite the hand that feeds you'. Jack listened to the other's musing for a bit, smiling to himself, Ladon was a good friend and to hear him excited about a person was nice, an ancient spark back in his voice.

"I think the one person that matters right now isn't going to end up in a nut house if he sees you naked, if that's what you're asking. As for the general populace? I think they'd be inclined to believe once their science couldn't prove it wrong, but then you run the risk of their scientists wanting to keep you hidden." Jack shrugged "Either way, if I had to hedge a guess as to where your pretty boy came from, I'd start with the oracles, the sirens, or the druids... maybe even fairies. Check to see if hes got animals hanging around... might help narrow it down." There was a pause. "Go stretch, spy on your human, and meet me for lunch tomorrow; I have my own gift for you friend." When Ladon bid him good night he nodded. "No need to apologize, I'll always answer for you. Good night Ladon." He hung up, looking over the file. There was a piece of information he'd kept from Ladon, but he let the file fall shut before he tucked it away once more. He wasn't sure if it was smart holding something back, but it would come to light in time if Ladon was serious about the boy.

Kazuya stretched, and rubbed his face, the screen of his laptop drying his eyes out. He stood to take a break, rinsing his cup and putting on a new pot of tea. He decided to wait for his tea outside and enjoy the gentle breeze that had kicked up that night. There were a few pros to living on the second floor of the modest apartment complex, one of them was his little balcony with the roof hanging just low enough around it to hop onto it. He opened his balcony door to the rush of a breeze, ignoring the papers fluttering behind him. His bare feet touched the wood of the balcony smooth, weathered with age, he thought of the feeling when the wood was warmed with the sun.

A few quick movements and he gracefully hopped up to the roof, sitting there and looking out over the city. He used to smoke, and this was his favorite place to come, but his mother had complained of the smell no matter how little he did it; eventually he gave up the bad habit. He still enjoyed the rooftop though, always trying to read the stars like his mother was so insistent his father could. There was a burn hole in one of the tiles, he absent mindedly fingered it, wishing he could sleep, or smoke, or maybe even have a drink. He tried not to unless the semester was on break though when he didn't have to worry about work, or class.

The night was pretty, and he leaned back, his bare shoulder blades touching the cold roofing, eyes falling shut with a sigh leaving his lips. With the relaxing of his body his mind flared- Ladon once more dominating his thoughts. The memory of the kiss bringing back the same rush of adrenaline and tingling in his skin.

When Jack calls him shiny he snorts. "I don't know what kind of sugar you've been eating but I don't shine you glittery toothache." He grumbles but has a faint smile. "Don't worry, if he gets his own ass into trouble then I'll mostly let you off the hook. Keeping him from the truly dangerous stuff is what I have in mind. At least until I need to test his mettle." He laughs softly.

At the mention of him being naked he scoffs, a small stream of flame escaping. "If he saw me naked he'd be on his knees begging to touch me." He huffs in mostly exaggerated arrogance while allowing the other to purposefully twist his meaning. Truly this is one of the few he can call a friend. As a rule, both of his own making and due to his nature, friends and relationships are very few and far between. If he ever even takes an interest in others beyond what they can do for him that is. For now that is making his long life more interesting and less monotonous.

Although, as he flies over his city, he can't help but feel a tad nostalgic for times when he didn't need to hide what he is. Perhaps a trip away is due, where he can freely and proudly showcase all his glory. Laughing softly at his thoughts he allows himself to partially go back, just enough to where he can be lower in the sky and look things over with a more critical eye.

Idly he wonders if that Brownie still has a restaurant near the edge of town. They're known for excellent food but he hasn't been that way in some time. If they are still open it would be a good place to take his little human for their date. Having mentioned his father and the skies they could even visit the little planetarium first. There isn't much there, but there is a very old and large telescope there that they can see about using. Or perhaps a small hike to that nice little spot in the woods nearby?

Humming in thought he does a few more laps, slowly going higher up and changing back into his full form to head home and continue his planning. When he gets back home, however, he is greeted with a less than pleasant sight. With a snarl he goes into his home and immediately calls his people. "We are going to eradicate the pest problem fully and we will do it immediately. Gather everyone." Hanging up he then dresses and leaves his home, walking past the little "gift" the growing intruders left for him.

The flames burn brightly against his back as he leaves, though a deep low anger sits in his stomach despite the ashes forming the insult that had been left to him. It takes several hours of planning, despite his looks and mannerisms with Kazuya, he is actually very sharp, intentional, and brutal. Well, unless enraged beyond the point of reason but then very few are able to pull that off and none that can, who still live, would willingly do so.

After several hours of planning and preparing, Ladon and those called in get some quick rest before going off to teach those that would try to steal and infringe upon their territory and goods. It takes the span of nearly a week, but soon every trace of the start gang was eradicated within the territory which covers most of the state they're in and some of a neighboring one. Naturally some of the brutality (horrific deaths, several fires, etc) was discovered and put on the news. Gang violence and rivalry was suspect, of course, but so was terrorism, gas leaks, and wild animal attacks to name a few.

Once back home Ladon still has an edge of cold ruthlessness about him to where his body nearly vibrates with it, as though still not quite appeased by the level of blood and violence exacted upon those who would dare steal from him. The supplies had at least been retrieve and payment collected in full, however, so unless others seek to continue the war it is done for now. His lieutenant calls when the items are taken to one of the 'parlors' he owns and customers still pack all of his establishments, so for now he tries to let the rage ease and keep the fire within him.

After cleaning up and getting some rest, he makes sure that everything is in order before blinking as he realizes that he has yet to set up his date with Kazuya. "Hmm, I hope he isn't too upset with me." He muses tapping his lower lip before grinning and deciding that this is just the thing he needs. Seeing his treasure will surely make things better and then they can have their date once he is off of work. With a satisfied puff of smoke, he gets ready then heads out to the cafe where Kazuya works to get some coffee and ask his little bit of shine out on a date.

Kazuya went to bed late that night, as anticipated. His body took a long time to relax into the rhythm of sleep, but when it finally did he slept well - though he seemed warmer than usual. The next morning he felt full of energy, like a buzz on the tips of his fingers. He made coffee, and got to class where he was guest lecturing that day in his field. His appearance was crisp that day - he'd showered that morning and styled his hair. A student noted the attention to detail and commented on it, which just increased Kazuya's level of confidence that morning.

As the day closed he wondered if and when he would hear from Ladon. Two days turned into three and he hadn't heard from the male. He thought about going by his shop but didn't want to seem clingy. It was making him crazy. By Wednesday his work had gotten a bit sloppy before he sighed and had to set his frustration aside, after all it had taken him a while to get to Ladon... perhaps the man was just busy.

Friday rolled around and it couldn't have come soon enough. He'd spend the week busting his ass in his classes, drowning himself in his work to keep from thinking about the strange shop owner. He went for work at Jack's but was turned away, apparently they didn't have anything for him that day. Strange, though he wondered if Ladon had something to do with it. He left, jeans and a tee-shirt on, the same hooded vest he'd worn the night he met Ladon, and strolled the city for a while. At some point he passed Herra's and glanced at the shop, a note on the door mentioned that they would be closed for a few days. It was curiouser and curiouser as he went around and was stalled, didn't hear from the man, and then found the shop closed. Still, he let it go as he got ready to begin his shifts at the coffee shop for the weekend.

Saturday he woke, smacked his alarm off and showered. He put on his uniform, and fixed his hair - attempting to look properly happy for the shift. He adorned the pendant his mother had given him - blue lapis lazuli with a vein of gold flecks running through it. One last check in the mirror and he was off to work.

It didn't take him too long to get into the groove though, talking to people always seemed to lighten his mood. He danced around people, carrying coffee and pastries. By mid-shift he smelled like sweets and dark roast coffee, his bright green eyes shining like emeralds as he joked around with a group of girls that left him a nice big tip. What could he say? He was charming, attractive, and apparently people felt comfortable talking to him. The day seemed to be a double edged sword, hours would feel like minutes but conversely, sometimes minutes felt like hours.

It wasn't until late in his shift that he saw Ladon.

His heart started racing the second he saw him, cheeks turning a light pink. The man was seated in someone else's section and he didn't try to trade tables this time. Instead he worked to finish up the ones that he had, asking to be let off of his shift early, it was only an hour or so ahead of time.

When his tables cleared out, he took his time to prep something special, a piece of spice cake and a fresh chestnut latte; the treats weren't especially sweet but they were rich in flavor. He took off his apron and opened up the top button of his shirt before bringing them to Ladon, his eyes on the other. He didn't say anything for a long moment, studying Ladon's face, he seemed stressed. "Are you alright? I was worried."

Ladon almost growls at the hostess when he finds himself seated in another's section. It is a good thing one of his breeding and stature doesn't descend into poor manners just because someone interferes with him being able to see his little treasure for the first time in nearly a week. Sniffing in affront he places his order cordially enough then waits until he is able to catch Kazuya.

When the other comes over to him, and carrying a treat no less, asking after him... Well, if Ladon preens a bit as he smiles warmly up at the other he simply can't help it. To be noticed and looked after by his shining little treasure is simply to good to respond any other way. "Hello pearl. I didn't mean for it to take me so long, but unfortunately I had an emergency situation come up." He tilts his head while looking the other over. "Did you take care of yourself in my absence? I do hope that you didn't worry too much... If you're free for a bit would you care to join me?" Ladon waves a hand to indicate that Kazuya was more than welcome to sit at the table and talk with him.

The stress and problems that kept him away from seeing the other sooner seem to drift off to the background and become much less important. Feeling relaxed for the first time that week, he even finds himself somewhat mollified for being seated in someone else's area. Only because Kazuya had seemed to appear almost immediately though. Had it been busy enough to where he had had to wait then Ladon might not have been as gracious with his forgiveness.

"I will admit that came hoping you were working and to be seated in your area, but the person hosting was most unwilling to accommodate my request." He sniffs again and, if he were not a Being of such stature, it could almost be said that he was pouting. Shifting he takes a sip of his drink before glancing at the other under his lashes. "If you are still interested in a date despite my lateness with getting you, I would like to take you out when you're next available."

Even with the noise from other patrons, and surely no one is paying them much attention, time almost seems to pause for Ladon along with a sudden silence arising as he waits for an answer. Surely he isn't too late in fulfilling the other's request is he? If he is then he may just roast the one who has interfered. Maybe indulge in a little extra snack while he's at it. As the thoughts circle in his head, he outwardly tries to appear calm while waiting for an answer.

Kazuya smiled when Ladon began speaking, the low rumble of his voice was comforting and the warm smile was inviting. He sat down when offered the chair. "Ah, she declined because I was supposed to end my shift shortly after you arrived and they try not to sit people where someone is leaving. When I requested to leave early she said it was fine though; so... I took the rest of my shift off, I'm all yours." Kazuya couldn't help but grin a bit sheepishly. "I took care of myself just fine, I suppose. Well as well as I ever do when I've got half a dozen papers due in a week. I went to see Jack this week but he didn't have any work for me, so I wandered by the shop to see if you needed help and it was closed... I just supposed at that point you were busy."

He shrugged, and thanked one of his co-workers that came over with a dark cup of coffee for him. He sipped it with a small hum of appreciation. "Did work go ok? You looked visibly agitated when you got here... and I'm fairly certain it wasn't just because you didn't get seated with me." He smirked, looking Ladon in the eyes, barely able to keep them off of the man. He wanted to reach out and touch him, but wasn't sure he should risk a rush of visions after not seeing the man for a week. It was always the hardest when he touched someone he hadn't been around in a while, or someone he was meeting for the first few times. He craved Ladon's kiss though.

When the offer of a date was brought up Kazuya looked down into his coffee, trying not to seem to eager. He took a sip, attempting not grin ear to ear but instead remain calm. He reached over and touched the man's hand, as prepared as he could for the flashes - they were detailed and horrific, smoke and fire, and screaming in the night. Blood and destruction. Kazuya would swear he could taste ash in the air, on his tongue. Once the visions subsided Kazuya opened his eyes, another sip of coffee to clear the taste of soot.

"I've been waiting all week to hear from you about our date, you think just because you were busy for a little while I wouldn't be interested anymore? How silly Ladon." He brushed his lips over the man's knuckles, this time the visions were less, scales, and wings, and smoke. "Of course I still want to go on a date, I've been waiting all week for you. A little time couldn't degrade my desire to see you." He let the other's hand slip free from his own, and he took another sip of coffee. "Oh! I forgot, I got you something."

Kazuya practically leapt out of his seat and ran to the back where he grabbed his leather satchel from his employee hook, moving back to his seat at the table he pulled out what looked like an old watch, but when he flipped it open instead of telling time, it showed the movement of the stars in beautiful lapis lazuli, diamond dust, and outlined in gold filigree. It was why he had needed to take some work from Jack, the watch had not been cheap. There were small runes engraved inside that Kazuya couldn't read, but it was quite a lovely piece. It was set in a silk lined velvet box. He set it down - closed - infront of the man so he could open it. "I hope you like it, it called to me and I knew I had to get it for you."

Hearing that Kazuya was done for the day, having taken off early for him no less, and that the other had stopped by to see him has him fighting the urge to let out some sort of pleased display or preen. Instead of letting out a plume of smoke or burst of flame, he instead allows his grin to shift into a wide smile. "Did you really stop by treasure? Just to see me?" The thought pleases him immensely and satisfies a nice little piece of his vanity and pride.

When his agitation is remarked upon again he fakes an affronted huff, he turns his head away with his nose turned up slightly. "Clearly you underestimate how much I wanted to sit in your area." Turning back he gives a slight shrug, and while he has a slight curve to his lips, some of the agitation has returned causing a crease between his eyebrows to form. "It was really little more than an annoyance Kazuya. Just some trouble with some of my products getting lost on their way in and having to deal with the process of getting them found and retrieved." Waving a dismissive hand he finishes. "It really was little more than an annoyance, but a time consuming one."

That much was true. Having to keep himself somewhat hidden and still take care of all those involved, while making sure the message was clear to anyone else who thought to steal from him, had really been more of a matter of time to be as thorough as possible more than anything. He sniffs then when called silly. "Humans have moved on much faster for much less." He points out with his nose in the air slightly.

Still, as the other touches him and then is bold enough to even kiss his knuckles, he can't keep a small but happy smile from appearing. "I am glad to hear that." When the other suddenly gets up to go get something, he is cut off mid-sentence but merely huffs in mild confusion as he waits for Kazuya to return. Upon having the gift presented to him, he lets out a soft low sound while gently tracing the designs on the watch. "This is far too handsome of a gift pet." He says softly, but it is very clear he likes it very much as he looks it over to take in all of the detail while handling it as though it may break in his hands.

Gently he places it back in the box to safely transport back to his home. "Thank you Kazuya. This gift is far too much, but I am happy you thought of me and I will wear it proudly." He gives the other a smile while, just as carefully as he had handled the watch, traces the other man's cheek and jaw. "Since you have the rest of the day off tonight would be possible? If not, then when would the next night you are available be?"

Even if the other is available tonight, Ladon is sure the other would want to go home and freshen up as well as relax for a bit before going out. After receiving what is clearly a thoughtful and costly gift from his little human, he can be a bit more patient if the other needs longer or has previous plans tonight. While the thought of Kazuya out with someone other than him rubs him slightly raw, it would give him time to hunt for something to give in return. Not because he has to or feels obligated, no one such as he never needs to do anything, but because he feels like giving his treasure some treasure.

Kazuya nodded "I did drop by just to see you, why do you find that so surprising?" He tilted his head a bit, listening on when the other spoke about the time consuming errand. Despite the claim of a small annoyance Kazuya really thought there was more to it than just that. Still, he didn't press any further this time, it seemed to only be frustrating Ladon more and that was the last thing he wanted. He wouldn't lie, he hoped whatever had happened was the end of it, at least for a while. He didn't particularly enjoy seeing Ladon stressed out like this. It was troubling.

The retort to being called silly was what really pulled him out of his thoughts about what Landon might be frustrated by. It was in the phrasing. Humans... he had called Kazuya a human. Most individuals in a conversation like this would say 'people' but it was a clearly distinct term for someone who was accustomed to having to differentiate. There was a split second decision where Kazuya would have to decide, to ask, or to leave it. He was so close to letting it go when after a long pause he finally blurted out his question - albeit quietly. "Humans? Strange terminology... why do you say it like that?" Kazuya's eyes were bright, and sharp, though there was no malice or fear, just curiousity. He could feel himself being tugged deeper into a world he knew nothing about, that familiar tingle back to his skin. Kazuya still couldn't find the cause for the electric buzz in his system when he was with Ladon.... no idea what was dormant within him.

Kazuya was litterally on the edge of his seat with anticipation for Ladon opening his gift. He studied his every reaction, the studious face as Ladon took in the gift the first time, his eyes, his lips. Anything to show that he liked it. As his reaction became determinable Kazuya couldn't help but smile, glad that Ladon liked it. He maintained his focus on the other male, not allowing his gaze to waver. "It is exactly perfect for it's intended owner. None of this too handsome. The moment I saw it I knew it was meant for you. I don't know how to explain it... I just knew." He nodded, glad and maybe a bit relieved, that he'd bought the item when he saw it. It seemed old... antient... rare, and he likely would have regretted it if he'd left it and gone back for it, only to find the trinket gone.

When Ladon reached out to touch him he had to keep himself from pulling back - simply out of shock. The gentle caress came with violent images, this time of large, gleaming teeth, it was gone much faster this time - just fast enough that he could enjoy the feeling of the man as he touched him. Kazuya turned his head just in time to kiss Ladon's palm as it pulled away. "I'm glad you like it." His emerald hues looked directly into Ladon's, the man was hiding something and he knew it, but the only question was what, and how much could he get away with asking about it? He didn't want to press it right now though, he didn't want to ruin their time.

"I'm free tonight, if you're not to tired after your business this week? If you need another day then that's fine... I'll understand." He didn't want to wait, but he would politely do so if Ladon asked for some time. He did want to shower though, and maybe get a nap in. He admittedly hadn't been sleeping much since his last encounter with the business owner, he just couldn't get the man out of his head; or the burning heat of his eyes.

Kazuya leaned back and drained his coffee cup, his mind starting to wander to what he might wear on their date. He'd thought of outfit after outfit over and over some seemed too casual, others too nice, ones that were just right felt like they didn't fit him well. He supposed in the end he should just ask. "How nice should I, or should I not, dress for this occasion? I have some very nice suits, or I can wear jeans and dancing shoes... it's really... all dependent on where we go." He wasn't sure if Ladon intended the location to be a secret.

Ladon blinks before giving the other a large smile. "Even if I were tired I wouldn't turn down a date with you." Leaning back he taps the side of his cup. "Let's say meet at the shop around 6?" He asks after looking at a clock to check the time and give both of them a few hours to catch a nap then get ready. Mostly he'll be trying to dig out a gift he has in mind for his pretty little pearl. He can tell the other has questions, and while he will readily answer most of them he knows that Kazuya isn't yet ready to be faced with the entire truth.

When asked how nice the other should dress, he pauses and tilts his head as he thinks it over. "Dress up, but not a suit. More of, perhaps, slacks and a nice shirt?" He muses tapping his lower lip. After a moment he gives a slow nod. "Yes, that should work. Nothing too nice, but not casual." The last bit is said almost to himself. While the restaurant doesn't have a dress code so to speak, it is definitely a place where one wouldn't wear jeans and sneakers.

Finishing the rest of his drink he sets the cup down with a soft satisfied sigh. "I suppose that I should let you go so we both can go get ready hm?" He asks with a grin even though he'd rather sit here and monopolize the other's time and then go on their date. Still, Ladon knows that time between now and then will be needed to find the gifts he'd like to give the other despite how the mere thought of parting with any of his treasure makes him balk.

Standing, he slowly and carefully takes Kazuya's hand to raise it up so he can press a brief kiss to the knuckles but gives a light playful nip as he pulls away. "I will see you soon Kazuya." His voice a low smokey promise before he turns to leave, payment for his items on the table and the gift held carefully in one hand. Leaving he heads back to his shop and after setting the watch on the stand near his bed, goes and begins to hunt for what he'd been looking for.

With a low roar of success, he carefully sets his findings to the side then goes to get cleaned up and ready. Dressed in slacks with an open buttoned-down shirt and silky undershirt, he adds the watch Kazuya gave him before gathering his own gifts and wrapping them. Done he goes to wait impatiently in the shop for the other to arrive. When Kazuya appears Ladon opens the door before the other has a chance to knock.

Leaning down, though slow enough to make his intentions clear, he gives the other a light kiss. "Hello." He greets against the smaller male's lips as he pulls back. "You look delectable." He rumbles as he looks Kazuya over, licking his lips as though either catching a taste of the other or imagining tasting the other more thoroughly. With a soft pleased sigh he drinks in everything about the other, but most importantly how that shinyness of the little human seems to increased.

Crediting himself with that he presents his wrapped gift to the other, although it is still a slow movement, and filled with obvious internal conflict about giving it over. Inwardly he scowls at himself, though some of it comes out in a slight frown. "This is for you. I do hope you like it." He says softly, voice a bit unsure. When Kazuya unwraps it there is an obviously old leather book with an lily as the bookmark. Except the lily is, of course, fake with petals made of amethyst and tanzanite and the stamens made out of onyx and obsidian. Should the other open to the bookmark he'll find the stem of the 'lily' to be of jade.

Kazuya nodded. "Six is perfect." It would give him plenty of time to get ready, take a short nap, a shower, and perhaps just enough time to absolutely panic over what he would wear to their date. He checked the time... well maybe not too long to fret. The limit on his time to panic would probably be for the best anyways. Kazuya was no stranger to overthinking... everything. He made a mental note to look nice, but not too nice. Too bad he couldn't wear a suit... well perhaps he could still get away with a bow tie. He was adorable in a bow tie and he knew it.

At the mention of leaving, he was fine with leaving the cafe but he'd be lying if he said he was excited to leave the other's side; it felt like he was under a spell, like Ladon was a magnet. He nodded silently, his mind racing over what the night might entail. Where would they be going? What would they be doing? Would it be just a meal, or dancing? Ladon was a little difficult to read on what he liked, and disliked, so anticipating what the night would bring would be basically impossible.

When Ladon mentioned that he should go so that they could both get ready, Kazuya bit his lip gently; he didn't particularly like the idea of parting after not seeing the man for a week. Still he nodded, and stood without much thought. When his fingers were lifted the flashes penetrated his mind briefly, but he pushed them away just in time to really feel the caress of those lips against his fingers, a slight noise of surprise left him at the feel of the playful nip. Kazuya's cheeks bloomed red with an obvious blush. He was so stunned he didn't say anything as Ladon bid him fair well. He simply watched as the man walked away.

A friend of his - a woman named Alice that worked at the cafe as well walked up giggling. "Boy you are redder then a strawberry. Who was that? Because it's pretty obvious he's important to you?" She put her hand on his shoulder and he quietly thanked that she wasn't touching his skin. "That... is.." He paused, not wanting to tell her too much about how he knew the man. Saved by her big mouth she grinned. "Hes something else, got you all flustered like I've never seen, and he's not the first person to hit on you here." Kazuya found his voice all at once, his eyes going wide. "Shit, I need something to wear...."

She laughed, and ruffled his hair - once again he found himself thankful that she managed to avoid his skin. "I don't think he wants you in clothes Kazuya." She continued laughing for a bit and Kazuya pushed her hand away from his head. "I gotta go." He bid her good-bye and ran home. He wanted to shower and pick out his outfit before taking a nap. He flew through the door, throwing down his satchel and darting straight for the shower. He cleaned up, dried his hair and brushed it to the side so it would settle with the shaved size showing. The blue tendrils had started to lose their dye and had lightened to a teal colour, but he just let it go for now - he'd redye them later.

Finally it came to picking out an outfit - it ended in piles of clothes everywhere, three bow ties and a pair of slacks before he finally went to bed. It was about three thirty when he crawled - excitedly to sleep. Of course excitement could keep anyone awake. He managed to sleep four about half an hour before he was awake, and pacing, trying desperately not to leave or dress too early. He fretted about clothing just a bit longer before getting dressed... Not too dressed. A pair of black slacks, and a deep red button down and a black bow tie. He looked in the mirror - well he certainly looked formal. Ugh... why is this so hard?!. He removed the bow tie - despite the fact that he enjoyed wearing them and looked at just the pants and shirt. Well it was nice, at least there was that.

He put on a light cologne he hoped Ladon would like and walked out the door and down the steps. When his feet hit the ground he took a deep breath, it felt like something strange was in the air - the taste of ozone on his tongue as if lightening had been striking while he was inside and he hadn't noticed. He tried to put it from his mind as he walked quickly to meet Ladon. He would arrive a few minutes early, only to find Ladon already waiting for him. He didn't get a word in before Ladon leaned down and kissed him. He was just in time to focus his energy somewhere else and block some of the images. They flashed, receded, and he leaned up to make the kiss last just a moment longer than Ladon might have intended. When it broke Kazuya grinned sheepishly. "Good evening, Ladon."

When the gift was presented Kazuya was stunned silent for a moment. "Ladon, you didn't have to..." But he felt with the way the male gazed at him he would also consider it rude if Kazuya refused the package, so he opened it with great care, fingers finding the leather of the book first.

Sometimes, things had memories just like people, Kazuya had found this out much like he'd found some of his other talents... by chance. This memory was simple. The craftsman that made the item - working tirelessly to make sure every detail was exact, it was truly a work of art. His eyes shut while he was overwhelmed with what went through his mind. When the opened it was to the jeweled flower. He touched a petal. This must have been what the term 'jewel encrusted' was referring to. He but his bottom lip, as he often did out of habit, and pulled the flower from the book. It was amazing, and... expensive, it had to have cost more than what he'd gifted Ladon - not that that was a concern to Kazuya, but he did feel a bit bad at the expense.

He looked up at the man, who had spoken so softly regarding the package, his eyes studying the slight frown on his face. "This is amazing, Ladon... are you sure you should part with such a lovely item?" He touched the delicate jade stem and the petals of the flower one after the other, his eyes wide. When the lifted again to Ladon he chuckled. "I think this thing is worth more than I am."

Now that the present had been opened he was able to take a look at his date for the first time since he walked in the door and his sharp emerald eyes looked him over from top to bottom. Alice might have been on to something, because for some reason all he could think of was taking all of Ladon's clothes off, instead of going to dinner. He didn't say it out loud, but it felt like Ladon was a magnet he was polarized for. He shut the book, and set it down on a near table before he closed the gap between them. He pushed himself up onto the balls of his feet and much faster than Ladon had when he walked in, Kazuya closed the gap between them, kissing the taller male.

The younger male didn't pull away, an arm moving to wrap around Ladon's neck. He would hold his position there for a long moment before he parted his lips to let the kiss deepen should Ladon desire it, his mind a thousand miles from dinner.

When faced with the question, Ladon blinks almost if asked something in a foreign language. Giving himself a visible shake, he huffs and tosses his head back. "Treasure for treasure." He states as though explaining everything. Which, to him, it really is. One of his kind doesn't just give out things from their personal horde. When something is given away, it is done to someone worthy of the gift which his delicious little human most certainly is.

Watching Kazuya's fingers trace along the flower, he heats up as his imagination makes him think of those fingers stroking something much different. Clearing his throat, even though it does nothing to lessen the roughness that is now in his voice due to where his thoughts were going. "The book made me think of you due to what you said about your father, but the lily..." He shrugs before continuing on. "Well, in part because of how you both catch the eye. What do you know about the meaning of gemstones treasure?" He asks before getting cut off by a kiss.

After a moment's shock, he gives a low rumble and the earth feels as though it is shaking. One arm wraps tightly around Kazuya's waist to hold him close, while the other tangles in the other's hair providing further support. Kissing back he lets out what seems to be a low roar when he feels his shiny human's lips part. Nearly shaking with the effort to restrain himself from devouring the one in his arms, he instead works on mapping and tasting the other as completely as possible.

Giving a few nips and then licking the hurts away, Ladon slowly pulls back with his eyes closed while trying to calm his breathing. His fingers flex and grip on the other before reluctantly sliding away. "We should head to dinner before I make you dinner." He finally says in a low aroused tone, eye finally opening though very slowly. They almost seem to flash as though something had been different about them, but it could have been a trick of the light as a car drove by.

Shifting his stance, the most noticeable reason for his reluctance to part from the other becomes immediately visible. Ladon's arousal is pressing uncomfortably within his slacks and while not the whole size of him, it is clear that he is well endowed. He hopes that his pet isn't frightened off, and while he would like to continue, he is not sure the other is prepared for what it would mean for Kazuya to give himself over to Ladon. He is quite sure that he wouldn't let the little human leave, at least without him, for days if not weeks at the very least.

Kazuya wasn't entirely sure what Ladon meant when describing that treasure was for treasure; though it was obvious to Ladon the meaning was absolutely clear. Kazuya simply assumed it had to due with the pet name Ladon used on him so often. Honestly, he'd only just caught the question that Ladon had asked him - gemstones? No, they weren't his area of expertise, so he had no idea what their significance was. He'd make a mental note to ask later.

The tightness of their bodies pressed together was almost alarming. Kazuya noted the warmth of the man again, but he couldn't comment on it this time because he was... preoccupied. The strength of the arm that wrapped around him made him feel almost breathless. It was the taste of Ladon that caught finally dragged a moan from Kazuya's eager mouth. The younger male pressing even closer, if he could, to the taller male. His body tingled with the sensation of other, it almost felt like a stream of energy moving back and forth between them.

When Ladon pulled away, Kazuya took a sharp inhale. He nearly protested the detachment of their intertwined bodies. He didn't contest it though, with the sensation coming back to the rest of his body he could feel Ladon pressed hard against his hip. Well then - it didn't take much to get the man excited that was for sure. Kazuya licked his lips, relishing in the taste of Ladon on his skin. "I'm not sure I'd mind being on the menu, Ladon." He smirked, and wiped his bottom lip with his thumb. His cheeks were flushed pink, green eyes hungry with the gold flecks in his irises sparkling. Those green flames locked onto Ladon's grey orbs.

Their flirting pushed a little farther every time they met... sooner or later it would boil over. For now though, Kazuya simply lifted his book, carefully cradling the marker that sat nestled in its pages. He looked up at Ladon after a moment before turning toward the door and stepping out into the fresh air. A deep breath of it felt like gulping cold, arctic air after being pressed against the firey heat of Ladon's body. He remembered briefly, what it was like to taste the ash on his mouth from the visions, and the now stark difference of passion that he tasted on Ladon's lips.

He waited outside for the shop owner to catch up with him, his mind wandering over what had just transpired. His fingers kept tracing the gems on the flower, remembering the question he asked. When he heard the door open behind him he would take Ladon's hand into his own. "I know nothing about the significance of Gemstones. Will you teach me?"

When Kazuya says he might not mind being on the menu, another low sound leaves him. "Careful what you say pearl." He rumbles while shifting and looking away to try and keep from pulling the other back in for another taste. Even for him he feels a bit warm. As Kazuya heads outside to wait, he lets out a long low breath of air, smoke coming out with a hint of flame in it. After a few breaths he feels slightly back in control, though not much.

Joining the other outside, he takes a deep breath of the cool air. At the question, he glances at his date out of the corner of his eye and gives a slow grin. "Of course. I told you that you need only ask." Ladon lightly teases the other before wrapping an arm around his treasure's waist, he starts heading to where his car is parked. "Now then, much like flowers the world of gems is filled with meanings and aspects. With that flower, the stamen are obsidian and onyx. Obsidian's properties involve protection, purification, and grounding, whereas onyx helps to give focus, discipline, and self-mastery."

At this point they reach a classic muscle car that has clearly been beautifully maintained. He opens the door and helps the other in. Once both of them are in and buckled up, he starts the car and begins driving to the restaurant as he continues. "Jade is revered for having various benefits but is most believed to help with one's health, energy, and abundance." He glances at Kazuya to make sure he's not boring the other. "The petals are of amethyst and tanzanite. Amethyst helps with one's health as well, but is also known for helping to balance your energy and chakra in addition to being a calming meditative stone."

Taking a turn he continues to take them to the slightly tucked away restaurant that is slowly coming into view. "Tanzanite helps with metaphysical healing and developing psychic powers." After a few more minutes they pull up to the place that really doesn't look like an obvious restaurant, or not one that's really around anymore. It's built more like a tavern or saloon. Turning off the car he goes around and opens the door for Kazuya. "I hope you like the place pearl."

He once more puts an arm around the other's waist leading him to the door. Ladon's hand moves to Kazuya's lower back as he opens the door. They're greeted warmly by a short slightly pudgy woman who seats them at a table with a candle and flower arrangement. Others are there to, even a family or two, but there seems to be something slightly more to them as if what one is seeing isn't quite all there is.

They are brought water and left alone for a time to look over the menu. "What would you like to drink?" She asks when she comes back around. Ladon hums for a moment then lets her know he would like a glass of the spiced wine. He looks over at Kazuya and gives a faint grin. "What about you Kazuya?"

• Saga locked this topic