Behind Unexpected Doors (StainedCrimson and Morirp)

Morirp

Katydid.png

Intuition comes very close to clairvoyance; it appears to be the extrasensory preception of reality - Alexis Carrel

Name: Kazuya Motome

History: Kazuya's mother is in a mental institution, she went 'crazy' shortly after finding out she was pregnant it is rumored that she fell in love with a fortune teller. His father (the fortune teller) left before she even had time to utter the news. Kazuya has always managed on his own, having grown up on the outside of his aunt's family. She used to tell him stories that his mother said his father wasn't human - that he looked like a mythical being, bitterly she equated him to the devil. He understood and grew up with a strange sort of clairvoyance through life; never questioning decisions, always knowing that the direction he was going was right. Though he could never quite figure out why.

Personality: Kazuya stresses, just like everyone else, over deadlines and work loads; but he's peaceful, happy, and generally good natured. People tend to feel at ease around him and he enjoys making jokes, and animals seem to find his company and commands easy to tolerate. His happiness is considered infectious by many.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StainedCrimson

• Morirp

Wisdom is like fire. People take it from others. -Hema Proverb

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke." -Vincent Van Gogh

tumblr_mvxiwvPksh1qjtxoeo1_1280.jpg

Name: Ladon Calaun

History: Not much is known about Ladon's family or background, at least, only certain kinds know anything real about him. Most know him as the charismatic owner of a small specialty shop that sells things like crystals, herbs, candles, and the like. Yet others know his for his more... special products. However, no one could really tell you much about the man himself. Where he came from. How old he really is. Or if he has any family.

Personality: Very charismatic, but aloof. Underneath the superficial friendly facade, however, he is very cold and calculating. Oh to be sure none of the charisma is faked or learned, but the inviting warmth holds an edge of danger and warning to it that most are blinded to. This allows him to take advantage of any and all while naturally keeping all at bay.

Kazuya wasn't the typical college student, he took a full roster of classes as a senior working for his undergraduate degree while working a job at a cafe near the college that didn't pay near enough money for his tuition. It often left him in a bind, without any help from his family and various fees he had to pay to his mother's institution Kazuya often looked to doing whatever he could to make payments to his college as his savings from taking some time off after high school were officially spent. That day had started no different then most, on a short break from the semester he sat in front of a computer, pulling up odd jobs around town he thought he could take for a little extra pocket money here and there when he got a phone call from a friend stating that there was a seedy bar a few blocks away handing out work for delivery, but the pay was good - it was really really good.

Fast forward a few months and deep into the semester Kazuya had done a few jobs for the same bar and was able to take less work from other sources. He had even afforded to move his mother to a better facility - not by much, but better and get himself a haircut he much preferred over the shaggy locks he'd harbored for far too long. Crisp green eyes housed golden flecks and they scanned over the assignments he had due that day before turning them in electronically and signing off for the weekend. He had a shift at the cafe Saturday but that night he was planning on picking up a job from the bar. He threw on a black hoodie, flipping up the hood due to the rain that decided to roll over the city that evening, fiery bursts of sun attempted to break through the clouds at sunset just to be swallowed whole again. Jeans, and a characteristic necklace that housed a round polished blue stone swung around his neck, along with a few, dull, silver rings on his fingers.

It wasn't a long walk to the bar regardless of how wet it was, but the drop off location for whatever he was doing that night was likely farther than he wanted to walk. When he arrived a man behind the counter he'd come to know as Julius looked up and nodded at his arrival. You had to know the password at places like this to get the right job, but he'd done it a enough times that Julius knew what he was looking for. So he walked up to the bar and smiled. "I need a walking duck." Julius nodded - and in case they were under surveillance poured him a drink using a vodka bottle that was filled with water, and bloody mary mix with sprite, garnished with orange. It wasn't the most pleasant drink, but it was enough that most folks wouldn't order one on the fly 'just to see what it tasted like'. He drank it - used to the noxious feeling in his stomach after but he'd grab something on the way to the drop point. After about a half hour the package was slid to him with an address and a wad of money. The black haired boy pretended to pay, and didn't look at anything till he was outside and half way round the block, discretion was something he'd had to practice with this position.

He wasn't super tall, barely 5'9 and a little lean at 135 pounds, but he could handle his own; he just preferred avoiding trouble, so after a glance at the address he took a discrete path to the address. He thought it sounded like a familiar part of town, either way the bundle was tucked safely into an inside pocket so it would stay dry. It was a twenty minute walk from the bar to the address, which was nestled into a part of town known for festivals and art. When his eyes found the address his head tilted, an occult shop? Regardless of his opinions he easily dispatched them and entered the building with a smile. Fingers pushed back his hood, followed by longer bits of black hair to be fastened, wet, behind an ear.

It was only then that he looked up, his eyes on a man with an interesting appearance.

thump Why is my heart racing like I shouldn't be here?

Green eyes drifted from the man, to a gun, to another figure. Images flooded his mind briefly, guns, blood, disaster; but when he focused on the situation they were gone again.

Kazuya took a deep breath to try and calm his heart rate down, and when he did he assessed the situation.

Raising a hand he smiled casually again, though he knew he didn't have the whole picture he knew that the bar was sending him off on some illegal task so surely... this wasn't that much of a shock. "Hey, I'm just the delivery boy... I've got something from Jack." The name of the bar was Jack's Box, he'd always found it a strange play on words but they seemed to do well enough. He reached into his hoodie and withdrew the package, still calmly smiling, hoping if he didn't draw any attention to the situation he'd walked in on then maybe he would get out of there without a hassle.

"This batch needs to go here and we're running low on a few things." Exiting a room with another person in tow, teh tall male with black and white hair strides up a long stairway before entering a storeroom. With a sigh he glances back at his companion. "We're going to need to recruit more soon. Our demand is growing so fast..." If it wasn't for the grin, one would take the slow sigh as a sign of being unhappy with that fact that his business is taking off faster than expected.

As they reach the front he pulls out what looks to be a gun and hands it to the other male. "I'm going to be restocking soon on some things, we're getting a low. However, with the feuds lately you'll need to be careful and discrete. That said, you know not to hold back." The other man, not as tall as himself, nods. Unlike Ladon's unique coloring the other male is still eye catching. Just as he hands the gun over, he senses someone coming and opening the door.

Ladon turns casually towards the door so that he's facing the person entering his shop despite the 'out for lunch' sign that's posted. The one he was talking with smoothly tucks the gun away as Ladon tilts his head while pulling a handmade cigarette, that smells more herby than like tobacco, and blows out a long thin trail of smoke. "Well now, looks like a lost treasure founds its way to the horde." He rumbles with a grin. If the pretty little thing had read the sign he'd have realized the name of the shop was Hera's Horde.

Slowly he saunters over to the little raven-haired man, almost as though he stalking the other. He pauses few feet away upon hearing that the male has something for him from Jack. "From Jack?" He muses before a slow grin spreads across his face before he takes another drag of his cigarette. "Ah, so you must be his newest runner. Excellent. I'll go ahead and take that then." He holds a hand out and waits while letting out another stream of smoke.

While seemingly at ease and calm, the air around him almost seems to shimmer and shake. The sensation is similar as to just before a major storm or calamity like an earthquake or volcanic eruption.

There was a slow exhale from Kazuya he didn’t realize he was holding in, simply at the sight of the gun being tucked away. Thankfully, he’d managed to keep it cool. Now that that was defused his senses started picking up on things, a natural thing that happened whenever he was in a new place, his senses always seemed in high gear in a new place, though he had never been able to figure out why. Sounds, gentle chiming form things in the windows moving as the air in the shop shifted, the smell of burning herbs, incense, splotches of colour filled his eyes in colourful stones and glass. His eyes barely had to move to take in the whole scene – which was good because they were locked on that man rounding him like a vulture.

His voice perked his ears, prickling his skin like a snake sliding across it. “Treasure? Oh – you mean the package.” His head tilted to the side just a bit as the man identified him as the new runnier. Kazuya rubbed the fuzzy shaved part of the back of his head, his green eyes locking with the man who was talking – only just noticing the movements of the other figure out of the corner of his eye.

“Yeah, I guess you can say I’m new, I’ve only been doing this for two… or three months.” He shrugged and placed the package into the man’s hand, his fingers briefly brushing the skin of the man’s hand. His eyes grew wide, pupils dilating as if it was suddenly dark. His expression went blank as a thousand images hit his mind at the simple touch – it was enough to give him a blinding headache and take a few staggering steps back.

Kazuya’s head fell into his hand for a few long minutes as he tried to process the images, a groan leaving his lips. Eventually the pain eased and he looked up at the man, trying to get a grip on what just happened. He didn’t feel anything but calm coming from the man, but there was chaos in the images that hit him, so much chaos, like Loki himself resided in that body. “I… I should go.”

Kazuya backed up to the door of the shop, his back hit the glass and it felt cold like ice even through his sweatshirt and tee, he clutched the handle but stood transfixed in the gaze of the source of so much chaos.

Ladon gives a soft low chuckle. "Oh no precious, I was talking about you." He rumbles the grin turning into more of a Cheshire cat smile, but perhaps a touch too toothy as to yet be friendly. Accepting the package he notices the other's reaction upon the slight brushing of skin, his eyes narrow ever so slightly as he takes that in. Interesting... He's been in contact with plenty of people who can gain insight from touching other beings, objects, and sometimes even with a glance. Thankfully none have been powerful enough to glimpse too far into his true self.

Curious about whatever this little runner has seen about him, he places a hand on the other's shoulder and gently pulls him back into the shop though his his hold firm so as to make it clear that it will be difficult to pull away. "Nonsense. You're cold and clearly out of sorts considering you've gone nearly bone white. Come, I'll get you some hot tea and maybe a light snack if I have anything edible" For you he thinks "to eat here, and you can tell me how you became a runner for dear Jack and what you think of my little shop." He gestures with the hand holding the package as though offering the smaller male a look around.

The other man, who still hasn't spoken a word, catches Ladon's eye and gives a small nod that's almost a bow before exiting the shop while Ladon guides Kazuya further in while being careful to not let their skin touch again. "Ah, where are my manners? My name is Ladon." He introduces himself while continuing to pull this little interesting man ever further in to the lair.

Once past the counter and in the hallway leading to the back, which one would presume held perhaps an office and store room, there is also a mini-stairway that leads to a closed door that's slightly below them, no more than maybe ten steps at most. Ushering Kazuya down the stairs he opens it to reveal a large open area that's clearly a seating room of sorts but clearly based on some foreign culture as there is an in-ground stone fire pit, a large low sitting couch with numerous pillows of various colors and sizes, and large thick rugs. The walls carry-on the stone look of the building and have some cases or shelving of some sort to show case a variety of items. Overall the place looks like a cross between a scene out of an Arabian tale of sorts and a museum.

"Now then, have a seat and I'll be right back with some tea." Ladon guides the other to the couch then walks the other side of the room where a small entry hallway is cleverly blended in to the wall which opens to a mini-kitchen that has a fridge, sink, and stove with a few cabinets. Filling a kettle he pulls out his cigarette and blows out. This time, however, instead of smoke, a small jet of fire is let out and quickly heats the kettle and soon has it whistling as steam comes out.

Soon a small tray is set up with cups, sugar, milk, the teapot with tea steeping in it, and even some small gingersnap cookies. Coming out with it he gives Kazuya a grin as he approaches. "Now then, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself?" He rumbles out while feeling pleased at having the little man firmly in his clutches. Though he doesn't intend to scare him too much, not yet anyway.

Treasure? Him? Hell most folks thought he was worthless, so obviously this guy didn’t know what the hell he was talking about. That grin though, that thing was unsettling. He was generally a happy – fun loving guy – so for him to be so staunchly cautious about a person, he felt he needed to listen to his instincts about this one; the conflict was that his job had brought him here into the clutches of this building, and this man.

It was too late by the time Kazuya had snapped further out of things enough to move, his shoulder was clutched in a way he didn’t think the other would let him leave even if he tried. Kazuya tried to stay calm as the man spoke, his ears prickling at every word. There was a deaf nod from the college boy – accepting whatever it was that would happen next. He cued into his manners when Ladon introduced himself. “It’s nice to meet you, my name is Kazuya, Kazuya Motome.” Out of habit, Kazuya flinched to shake the man’s hand, but before he could he pulled back away and ran the hand through his hair. He didn’t want to touch Ladon’s skin again.

Sharp green eyes eyes took in the shop with the gesture and everything as they headed into the back, careful on the steps should the man behind him try and push him down. Every muscle in his lean body was tense with anticipation for something to go wrong, but the room they entered was actually quite nice. Food and drink sounded like things that would turn his stomach inside out with little warning, but he didn’t want to be rude so he took a seat and waited patiently. He expected that Ladon would be gone for a few minutes, prepping tea and boiling water usually took some time, but he was back fairly quickly and with tea and cookies.

He inhaled, jasmine tea filled his senses and the smell of ginger and sugar. It was such an inviting aroma he failed to notice that same grin that set him into an uneasy position. Kazuya took a moment to serve them both tea - they might not live there anymore but Kazuya’s mother was Japanese as she could get and she was rambling insanely every time she saw him about how he needed to act proper so he didn’t disappoint his father, tea ceremonies made her happy so he often did tea services for her. He handed the cup to Ladon, and gathered himself a cup and a cookie. Ladon had caught him here, tea and cookies were a personal favorite of Kazuya and he –loved- ginger.

When the man began speaking again his green eyes, like emeralds glinting to life in a fire, focused on him. It was as if he was looking for the first time, he was quite attractive. Kazuya took a bite of the ginger snap, looking thoughtful on how to answer the question.

“Hmm, what do you want to know? I’m a 24 year old graduate student…. I heard about Jack’s work through a friend who said there was a place that would give out work for good pay as long as you didn’t mind the shady work. My mom is in the hospital…. Permanently and a lot of it is paid for, but some of it still has fees and stuff. Working for Jack has allowed me to get her into a better facility and pay for college…” He shrugged not sure if there was anything else really to say on it, waiting to see if that was enough.

Ladon bites back a laugh at seeing the other jerk his hand back after the built in response to shake hands after introducing oneself. Though Ladon himself never really cared for that particular human greeting. He much prefers cultural greetings of Eastern countries and even some European ones where touch is viewed as unwelcome unless you know the other well. The irony that he's touching Kazuya to bring him in deeper is not lost on him though. "A pleasure and an honor to make your acquaintance." He replies with a small smile.

Ahh, that is why this man has shine to him. Ladon idly wonders how long it'd take to get this shiny little treasure to want to be around more often, but lightly sets that thought to the side for now. Kazuya's reaction to him, no matter how hard the slim male tries to hide it, is obvious to him. It's a natural reaction and one that the college student is likely to have to most of his... real clientele. "I see. That sounds like a lot of weight on such young shoulders." He murmurs while accepting his own cup and taking a good swallow.

Seeing Kazuya lose some of his wariness and tension while serving tea and, quite obviously, enjoying the cookies makes Ladon preen slightly. "What are you studying in college?" He steers the topic light while trying to tease out more information about the person that has managed to catch his eye. Whether or not the interest can be kept is another matter, but for now he's willing to indulge himself as interest in others is so rare for him to experience.

Ladon lets the other talk for awhile before setting his now empty cup down and leans back to look the other over a little more critically. "Sounds like you've had a bit of a rough time of things of lately. It's admiral you've pushed through to take care of your mother and still go to school. However, I would be careful about staying as a carrier for too long. Especially if you've proved yourself trustworthy and reliable." Standing up he now eases the other back towards the store. "Now then, I'm sure you have much more important things to do than amuse an old man like me so I'll let you get on with your day. However, I insist that you come back sometime."

With one last smile he flips the sign on the door to signal that the store is closed before shutting it and locking it behind Kazuya. Turning the smile slips away to reveal a faint frown as he looks around. Something has somehow muddled his store and now needs a cleansing or else his more sensitive customers won't come in until it's taken care of. "Tch." Blowing out a stream of smoke, and even though his cigarette is in hand, it seems different than the previous herbal smoke. Putting his little 'habit' back in its spot in his mouth, he begins the process of cleansing the store not really paying attention to whether or not Kazuya is still there and watching.

What kind of honor could it be, meeting someone like me? Kazuya mused quietly, his eyes studying things that lay in the room around him. Kazuya was smart, and quick to learn, but cleverness didn't equate to being special and he often didn't find that he was very special at all; just a simple, albeit happy, average person. He shrugged off the comment about weight. "When you're used to carrying something, it doesn't usually feel that heavy." Kazuya looked lost for the briefest of moments as he thought about the burdens he was so accustomed to holding. He brought the tea to his lips and drank deeply, it seemed to help put some of the colour back into his cheeks.

When asked about his degree Kazuya took another bite of his cookie, chewing it before he would answer. "I'm slowly working on a bachelors in Japanese and Asian studies while I'm working on my masters degree in neuroscience, I find the brain a fascinating thing, full of the unexplained." another bite of cookie and a sip of tea later and he looked at Ladon "What about you? You've certainly asked quite a bit about me but you've said nothing to the effect of yourself? Who are you? What is this place? And how do you know Jack?"

The empty cup was a signal that their conversation was coming to an end, it seemed just as he was comfortable enough to begin talking, it was time to go. So he finished his tea, and pocketed a few cookies on the sly before following Ladon "Why is it dangerous to prove trustworthy? This whole thing is pretty obviously illegal, but it makes me the money I need to make with my job at the cafe by my campus. It's perfect really, I just do my job, I don't want to know what I'm carrying about, just where to pick it up and drop it off." Kazuya didn't see the flaws in his logic, but truly he was blinded by need, it was an innocent failure at least.

As for other things to do, he didn't, he'd finished his work for the day, but a good nights rest before a shift on his feet serving people coffee seemed like a good idea. As he was pushed out of the store he flipped his hood back up to counter the still falling rain. "G'night Ladon." His feel plashed in the water as he walked down the road, a little slower than on his way there, thinking about the interesting man he'd just met and the uneasy images that were still haunting him.

That night he would shower, and get to sleep relatively quickly; his dreams were plagued with images of Ladon and strange paths they walked together talking about what seemed like very random things. The morning was much like any other, coffee, breakfast (bagel and eggs), dressed and out the door. It was a saturday and as all Saturdays seemed to be, the cafe was bustling with what felt like a thousand people.

Kazuya worked quickly, and efficiently, his black hair stuck back in a ponytail that showed off the deep royal blue tips. A small tattoo could be seen on the left side of his neck just about his shoulder blade. He was wearing the uniform, white button down, black tie and vest, black slacks and shoes, really quite boring even though he'd been told before he looked nice in the outfit.

After finishing the cleansing of his store, Ladon puts the items away and sighs while locking everything up for the day. Nothing else to be don at this point and no one else will come today anyway. Leaving he heads to go to his home to retire for the evening. Stepping out back, there almost seems to be a faint shimmer to the air and an increase of heat. Taking a deep breath, a slow smile crosses his face as he passes through the gate that leads to a home housed deep in the bit of woods behind the stretch of shops his store is in.

Up the path a large home, similar to those found in neighborhoods where well off professors and well-paid individuals would live, but not a large mansion or anything of the top class. Entering his home Ladon finally appears to relax, rolling his shoulders and looking over the items throughout his home with a warm fond smile. "Hello my treasures..." He rumbles, lightly trailing his fingers along some of them as he goes further in. "Soon you'll hopefully have another joining you. I'll have to be a little careful with this one though, he seems a bit skittish and I wouldn't want to scare him off without a better grasp on him first."

With a low laugh he goes to his office to work on some other matters and work on his 'other business' for a few hours. That taken care of he then finally goes upstairs to wash off and settle in for the night. Come morning he stretches languidly, one eye opening to look around before he sighs and reluctantly slides out of bed. After getting ready, he has a small breakfast of tea and a scone before going out to meet with his Lieutenant for lunch.

Apparently his Lieutenant had found a cafe that he wanted to show to Ladon. Letting out a low sigh he spots the other infront of a fairly busy establishment to which he raises an eyebrow. The place must be decent or have something about it that brings in business like this. His thoughts drift to the interesting runner he'd met last night and and briefly wonders if the other will take him up on his invitation to return.

With a slight shrug he focuses on the other he's meeting with. Seeing Ladon the other male gives a nod of his head, almost a bow, and together the two of them go in to get a table and order before talking. Due to the nature of this brunch meeting, and the crowd in the cafe, he doesn't at first notice Kazuya. When something catches his attention on the edge of his peripheral vision, he turns and grins. "Well now, isn't this most curious..."

• 2 weeks later...

Kazuya was busy, flashing charming smiles to women, nodding confidently at men. He knew how to play this game, he even helped slip an engagement ring to a woman around her coffee spoon (per her new fiance's request) all before ten in the morning. So, by the time Ladon would appear with his lieutenant, Kazuya would be running circles to clear tables and get people taken care of. It didn't take very long before he felt those keen eyes on him though. He stood up straight as if Ladon had called out his name and looked right at him. Green eyes narrowed briefly and he looked at a fellow server that had Ladon's table.

He pulled the other aside and offered to trade him a table of pretty girl for Ladon, stating he'd knew one of the men seated there. The guy nodded and handed Kazuya Ladon and the unknown male's coffee, since he'd been on the way to deliver it. He took them with a smile and a note of thanks. Off the other server went to the table full of giggling girls.

Kazuya took a moment out of sight to take some deep breaths and calm his heart rate down; he didn't know why Ladon drove him to such a flight response. When he got his breathing under control he left for the table with a charming smile back on his lips. He set the drinks down in front of the two men - without asking what they had ordered, seeming to just know. His green eyes focused on Ladon, and he gave him a quick wink. "Gentlemen, it's good to see you today, I do hope you enjoy the coffee and if there is anything you need, just let me know." He paused for a moment. "Did the other server get your food order?"

He couldn't help but look at Ladon, wondering what had brought the man to him from last night's random encounter. But... he also couldn't help but feel that their chance meeting had intertwined their paths. He waited for their food order, or the response that they had already placed their order before heading off to take care of another table that was being seated. Two girls that were obviously flirtatious - but who could blame them really, the cafe seemed to have quite a few college students and what better way to woo women then to give them coffee and look pretty while they study.

After getting the girls their coffee he went to check in with a few other tables, drop off some waffles to a couple and then finally he returned to Ladon, since he knew his other tables were taken care of he did something a bit daring; pulling out a chair at the table he sat with the other men, green eyes practically glowing as the focused on the other. "What brings you here today Ladon, certainly you weren't so eager to see me again after only a few hours." He set down a cookie in front of Ladon "Lavender, earl gray rolled in honey sugar. On the house, since it's my own recipe." A second treat was set in front of the lieutenant "A honey bourbon croissant for you."

Kazuya didn't let his eyes leave Ladon though, resting his chin in the palm of his hand as he watched, trying to learn whatever he could from the man.

When Kazuya comes over with their drinks, Ladon raises an eyebrow in mild amusement as he realizes that Kazuya must have exchanged tables with their original waiter. "No, we hadn't placed our food orders yet. I'll have the special." He replies, amusement coloring his tone even as his expression remains fairly neutral. Saemon, his lieutenant, then gives his order and watches the interaction between Ladon and the waiter.

After the waiter leaves to put in their order and take care of the other tables, Saemon frowns slightly. "Do you know him Boss?" He asks softly and a bit worried that maybe he'd unknowingly screwed up by bringing his boss here. Ladon laughs softly and waves a hand to quiet the other's worry. "Not quite. He brought me a package last night from Jack." He explains which causes the other to nod and relax slightly. Saemon hesitates a moment before daring to say something to his boss. "He shines quite brightly doesn't he? Are you thinking of...?" He trails off as Kazuya passes by to deliver an order. Ladon leans back and gives a slow lazy grin, but his gaze is sharp. "I plan on bringing my treasure home, yes." He rumbles.

Before Saemon can respond beyond a sharp nod, he turns and stares as their waiter sits down at the table. When Kazuya then presents Ladon with the treat, both of their eyes widen slightly as Saemon breathes out a response. "You brought him a gift?" The tone implies a seriousness that seems out of place in the setting, and even Ladon seems a bit surprised before smiling and accepting it. Both ignore the fact that Saemon was also given a treat as it was clear it was more out of politeness than any real meaning behind it. Ladon all but preens when Kazuya's gaze doesn't leave him.

"Why, thank you Kazuya." Ladon rumbles in a happy and pleased tone. He takes a bite, letting out a low hum of approval before swallowing and licking some crumbs from the corner of his mouth. Taking a sip of his coffee, he finally answers the question the other had posed to him, to the surprise of his Lieutenant. "I did not actually come here knowing you worked here. I had some matters to discuss and this place was recommended for lunch. Though I'm happy that our paths have crossed again as I wasn't sure how seriously you took my invitation to come by again."

He tilts his head while putting the last bit of the treat into his mouth. "You will come by again, won't you treasure?" Ladon rumbles out after lightly licking the crumbs from his fingers, eyes trained on the smaller male. Saemon bites back a surprised sound when he hears Ladon refer to the waiter as 'treasure', but knows well enough at this point to stay as quiet and unobtrusive as is possible at the small table as the two interact. Though Saemon watches the interaction closely, Kazuya in particular as if he's trying to understand something.

While the business Ladon has to discuss with Saemon is important, the shininess of this waiter is enough to capture his interest and hold it above business for the time being. That said, his particular goods are so high in demand and specialized that he doesn't really need to worry about others trying to step in and take away from his profits.

Kazuya took their order and had it in in no time, obviously working with a bit of haste to get everyone taken care of so he could spend some time with the man who reminded him quite clearly of a predator. Too bad Kazuya hadn’t yet realized he was the prey. Still he caught a word as he walked by with another table’s food “shines” specifically stuck out to him. What did the man with Ladon mean by shine?

Regardless of what Kazuya was thinking it all shifted when the unknown man all but dropped his cup of coffee when he presented Ladon with the treat. “Of course, after you were so kind to me yesterday with those wonderful ginger snaps… I’m glad to have the chance to return the kindness.” Kazuya’s eyes didn’t leave Ladon when he questioned the lieutenant. “Should I have not?” Curious, he wanted to know what this man might think that was so dangerous about giving Ladon a gift; though it was quite apparent they were both shocked by the gesture. Despite the shock he was glad to know Ladon was enjoying his gift.

“I won’t lie, I didn’t take the invitation seriously, and it seemed like just another extension of your kindness...” he paused. “But, it seems our paths are already intertwined aren’t they?” Kazuya bit the corner of his lip briefly. “I’ll come by, provided you stop calling me treasure. I promise, I’m quite ordinary.” He stood as a bell sounded Ladon’s table number, signaling that their order was ready. “You’ll have to tell me when.” And with a final, fleeting wink, he headed off to the kitchen only to return shortly with their plates. He set them down with a warm smile, contrasting the blue tips of his hair that caressed his cheek as he bent down.

“Gentlemen, if there is anything else I can get for you, let me know.” Kazuya didn’t have time to sit back down with them after that, as the next wave of lunch goers wandered in. He was again quick to serve coffee, and get orders out. That charming smile took up residence on his lips again as he took orders. When it was time to cash Ladon and the lieutenant out he simply set the check down with a note that said ‘Paid’ and a phone number written on the bottom “Come again any time gentlemen, I’d be happy to get you whatever you need.”

With the final parting note, Kazuya got back to work, cleaning up this or that. It was a long shift, and he worked the café from open to close. So after sweeping and moping with some of his coworkers, they all turned out the lights and shut up shop just after sunset. Kazuya stretched and yawned, joking around with a friend as they walked the streets in the direction of both their apartment complexes. It was a bit of a longer walk for Kazuya, but having the company was worth the extra ten minutes.

Ladon gives a slow smile and allows a finger to brush alongside Kazuya's hand. "Treasure often doesn't realize it's own worth." He rumbles while inwardly thinking of how lovely this wonderfully shiny boy would truly be if properly cared for and kept tucked away. Yes, that thought pleases him greatly. He'll have to woo his precious little treasure into staying with him to be cared and looked after as treasure it meant to be.

At Kazuya's counter-offer of accepting the invite only if Ladon stops calling him 'treasure', causes him to give an indulgent smile. "I cannot promise that, but it would still make me happy if you came by. I'll even be sure to have more of those ginger cookies for you." He rumbles out before lightly shooing the other away. "Back to work with you, though I would much rather keep you here instead of sharing you as I enjoy my meal." Giving a flirtatious wink of his own, he lets the other get back to work.

After Kazuya delivers their food, Ladon settles back with a satisfied look. "He'll be coming back soon." His tone is all pure satisfaction and smugness, a small bit of smoke escapes but seems to go by unnoticed by everyone around them. Saemon just shakes his head in small wonder before taking a bit of his food. "He brought you a gift and doesn't even know what it means to give such a thing."

Ladon shrugs while taking a bit of his food. "How can he? My kind hasn't exactly been around for them to recall what such gestures mean. Nor do the stories have things portrayed correctly." He reminds the other who gives a small nod. Shifting he tilts his head, Ladon's demeanor shifting to one more serious. "Now then, what's the report?" Saemon nods while setting the whole situation between his boss and the waiter out of his mind and gives the report of their products. "Well Boss, demand keeps growing and soon we won't be able to meet it. If you give the go ahead we'll begin finding more sources to bring in."

A file is handed to Ladon who takes it and looks it over. Slowly he nods while flipping through the papers. "Excellent. I'll leave that to you then. How are the others areas?" Meaning, of course, the more violent side of the business. Saemon sighs and shakes his head. "We've been hit at least twice so far. They didn't succeed of course, but they're getting bolder."

Ladon tosses his head back with a low snarl, lip curling slightly. "They think to take from me? Well then, they shall learn what a mistake that is." His eyes narrow slightly as his voice gains a faint hiss to it. Saemon gives a small nod, near bow, of his head and has a faint smile. "Yes sir." With a huff Ladon closes the file and finishes his coffee. "We'll discuss this further at the shop." He states as Kazuya comes over with their check.

Seeing the paid note and the phone number, his pupil dilate as he takes in a deep breath before licking his lower lip. "You really are a treasure aren't you?" He husks out before giving Kazuya a slow genuine smile. "Well then, I shall have to come here for coffee more often won't I? Though I insist that you come by your next day off." He softly insists before letting the other go off. Soon after he and his lieutenant take their leave and go back to Ladon's shop.

Once inside and the door locked, his demeanor changes into one more aloof and predatory. "Now then, shall we go prepare to go give a visit?" He gives a grin that's all teeth and nothing short of terrifying. Saemon nods and soon the two leave out the back and head towards the side of town known for being dangerous and crime filled. Basically it's the exact opposite of where Ladon lives.

A few hours later he returns home with a dark and satisfied look. The smell of fire and smoke follow him as he goes up to take a shower. Meanwhile, on the new, coverage of large intense fire is being aired along with comments of dead bodies that have been either burned, mangled, or both.

The finger along his hand made Kazuya instantly nervous, though he did a good job of hiding it. Still the blank look that hat hit him like a brick the night before, flashed over the boy’s face. Smoke and fire burned in front of his eyes for a brief second, and he was sure he could see the lieutenant giving him a look. At least this time, Kazuya managed not to back himself into a wall and go completely white; this time he was just a bit pale and obviously dazed. Kazuya rubbed his eyes briefly, letting the images fizzle out of his eyesight before Ladon came back into his field of vision. He was careful after that not to touch Ladon again. It was getting difficult to shake the images that shot into his mind. Still, when the other insisted he come he nodded.

Kazuya’s work helped clear his mind of the orange glow and the smell of fire, but he felt the need to talk to his mother about the strange man who had appeared and why he couldn’t touch him without seeing such strange images. Back behind the counter one of Kazuya’s coworkers bopped him on the shoulder with a gentle punch and he gave a surprised noise – thankful for the slight pain to jar him from his fog. “Hey what the hell?” It has been the boy who had traded tables with him. “Sooooo, who is that? You seem to be awful close for a customer I’ve never seen before.” Kazuya blushed a bright red. “He’s just someone I know from all the running around I do, I just stumbled into his shop.” He shrugged and ducked a few more questions before finishing everything up.

Kazuya waved off the treasure comment again, in passing he stated “You’re like a pirate with a lust for gold, or perhaps a dragon, sitting on a great mound of it?” he laughed, “I’ll come, but it’ll be late, I promised my mother I’d see her.” He left it at that, and it would actually be longer than Ladon likely intended him to disappear for. He didn’t need to take a job from Jack for a while, since his las pay had come through and was enough for at least a month. He worked the café Saturday, Sunday, and that week he also worked Monday. Then graduate work.

It would be Thursday night before Kazuya would be getting ready for his meeting with Ladon. He’d been nervous the entire visit with his mother, half rushing through and half draggin his feet because he couldn’t figure out whether he was excited or terrified. Kazuya didn’t ask his mother about the strange images till it was almost time for him to leave. He called her Ka-san, something he’d picked up when she still spoke to him primarily in Japanese. “Ka-san, I’ve been meaning to ask you for a while now… and there is someone I’ve met… I see things when I get to close to him.”

It was the first time his mother perked up and seemed entirely clear in years, it caught him so off guard he jumped a bit. “Kazuya, your father said he could see things too, said he could doodle doodle… He would see the stars, and the days like reading a book.” Kazuya looked a little shocked, obviously this was new information. “But Ka, you said you didn’t know him well.” But she was already gone, babbling about the colour of his father’s eyes like they were treasures in her memories.

Kazuya sighed and tucked the woman in, before heading home. He took a shower and changed into something… nicer? A jewel tone midnight-blue shirt, with an onyx black vest and black slacks. It felt like a long walk to Ladon’s shop – it felt like a really long walk, but when he got there he knocked, quietly at first.

Both Ladon and Saemon keep from reacting to the comment about being a dragon with a hoard, beyond Ladon giving a slightly toothy grin, and supposedly in a playful tone replies. "Well then, I guess the question then would be do you like dragons?" Leaning back with a satisfied smile he tilts his head in a slight nod of acceptance of Kazuya's promise to come see him. "I look forward to it." He rumbles.

By the time Kazuya knocks on Ladon's shop door Thursday, the normally pleasant, but aloof man is a tad on edge. Partially due to the fact that Kazuya is coming much later than he had hoped for, but also because one of his businesses is proving to be having difficulties despite the very blatant warning he had given earlier in the week. It had even made pretty much every news station in the city which you think would make those trying to step into his territory back off.

No other situations made the news, but he had dealt the troublesome pests a very thorough and severe lesson. That had taken the better part of a few days so it was perhaps for the best that the other male hadn't been able to come by any earlier. Besides dealing with troublesome interlopers he had also been busy procuring items for his store as well. When Kazuya knocks he is actually going through his wares doing inventory, so when he answers the door he is slightly under-dressed as much as the other is slightly over-dressed.

Opening the door, Ladon pushes some hair out of his face. "Sorry, we're closed for the day..." He starts to reply then notices who is at the door. With a slow grin he leans back while still holding the door open. "Kazuya." The name is said in a low and pleased tone. "I had started to give up hope that you would come by... Please, do come in and pardon the mess. I just got some new products in." He waves the other in while stepping back.

He appears unconscious of the fact that despite the slack, he is in a button down top that is partially unbuttoned with the sleeves pushed up and the undershirt partially visible. Some dust and such seems to be on his clothes and a little in his hair even, but somehow that doesn't seem to influence the way he presents himself in the slightest. Of course, that could be that he isn't aware of the fact that evidence of his work is plainly visible.

"Shall I get some tea? I think the pot I had has gone cold by now so it will be a moment." Ladon comments while leading the way back to the same room he'd maneuvered the other the first time. Letting the other take a seat, he goes off to get a tray together and, once again, comes back faster than would be expected for one having to set a pot of water to boil. Setting the tray down he then sits himself to pour them each a cup.

"You look rather nice this evening. Dare I hope that it was meant for me?" His voice is low and flirting as he glances over at Kazuya with a slow grin before handing him a now full cup.

When Landon opened the door, Kazuya was a bit surprised at his appearance. For a man who was so careful to keep appearances... this seemed out of place. He must have been busy. The shock in his voice when he realized that Kazuya was the one standing in front of him brought a grin to the young man's face, "Sorry, I didn't mean to surprise you. This is the first day off I've had... and I promised I'd come. I never break promises if I can help it." He bowed his head slightly as he walked through the door, a polite gesture from the half-asian male. When he was in the shop he looked around and his smile played on his lips a bit longer "If you ever needed help... I'd be happy to assist you here you know."

He followed Ladon as he lead the way down into the basement again. Kazuya didn't need to see it again to remember what it looked like though, he had a pretty good memory; so his eyes fixed on Ladon, the way he moved, the curve of his hips. He had to admit the more he saw the man, the more attractive he found him, finally becoming comfortable enough to let his mind wander to more pleasurable things around the other. He took a seat in a different spot this time, once more examining the room, determined to remember things that most people likely found pointless.

When the tray was produced so quickly Kazuya didn't question it, assuming that perhaps Landon kept an electric kettle, since they sat at room temperature it wouldn't take them too long to warm up. When handed the tea and asked if his attire was meant for Ladon specifically, a wry smirk curled one side of his lips up. "Well, I felt perhaps I could make a better impression on you this time. You know, it's not raining, I'm not delivering anything." A slight blush touched his cheeks as he admitted the fact, his eyes locking with Ladon's briefly before his lips puckered to blow on the hot liquid as he raised it up.

After a moment Kazuya decided to ask a question, gently. "Why is it that you invited me here, Ladon?" He took a sip of his tea, hissing becuase it was still a bit too hot, and he had been too eager. He set the cup down on the table to let it cool for a minute, being a bit shy about plucking a ginger cookie from the tray he took a little bite from it at first. His eyes were trained on Ladon, hoping for a an answer that would help him make sense of all of this stuff. There was, after all, not only attraction, but something deeper and darker between the two of them. Kazuya just couldn't figure out what yet.

There was a lot to think about in that secluded room. Who Landon was, and the man he'd seen him with. What their business was, and what was in those packages. He shifted so that Landon was within reach of him, but still far enough that they wouldn't touch easily. Kazuya leaned forward, and was careful to brush a bit of dust from Ladon's hair without allowing their skin to contact. He wondered if Ladon knew what was happening when he went so pale, when his eyes drifted far away and the images flooded him. He was nervous bringing it up though, what if Ladon thought he was crazy, like everyone else that he had ever trusted enough to tell. There was no telling. The dust fluffed into the air before disipating. Kazuya laughed gently, a happy sound really "You're full of dust from working. Shall I help you take care of things?"

At Kazuya's offer to help, Ladon gives a slow grin and a soft chuckle. "Careful, I might decide to take you up on that and never let you go." With a slow wink he turns and continues on into the building. "Though should you ever want a job other than running for Jack I wouldn't mind an extra hand around here." Admittedly his shop is doing well enough that he could use someone to help run the shop, so the offer is genuine and not just a ploy to have the other around more often. Though that is a perk that Ladon would enjoy.

As Ladon left to get tea, and again as Kazuya accepts his cup, he can feel the other looking at him and it causes him to inwardly preen at the attention. Catching the slight blush on Kazuya's cheeks nearly does him in as it's all he can do to resist leaning in and tasting that pink line. Fighting the urge doesn't come easy, but he fights the impulse and instead takes a sip of his own tea completely unbothered by the heat. "I think the sight of you coming in wet was quite appealing, but" he glances back over with a smile tugging at the corner of his lips "though the sight of you dressing up for me is even more so."

When asked why he had invited the other, he tilts his head. "It never ceases to amaze me how those of you that shine brightest never seem to know your own value." He muses softly, his eyes suddenly seem older and far more knowing before the slight grin comes back. "I asked you back because you, pearl, shone so brightly when you came in that I couldn't but help be drawn in. Though I am pleased to see that you came back." He rumbles before taking another sip of his tea.

He freezes and watches the other carefully, as he reaches out towards Ladon. As Kazuya touches Ladon's hair, the feel of it is shocking. It almost seems to be floating on an invisible breeze and is feather soft. He blinks slowly and almost seems to tilt into the touch for a moment. "Are you asking to help?" He gives another blink "Do you want to help?"

Holding still, he wonders if the other will touch him more if he stays in place. Although with the way the other has responded to being touched before, Ladon wonders if touching is really a good thing until he knows more about this intriguing little pearl of his.

Something in Kazuya was happy to hear that Ladon enjoyed the way he looked that night, this wasn't even his really fancy clothing, this was just the stuff he wore when he was teaching a class. Long fingers drifted through his own hair, pulling it back out of his sharp green eyes; blue tips lapping at his jaw line and the fuzzy shaved undercut was a touch shabby. It was only once he ran his fingers through it that he realized he needed to get it buzzed down again. His mind drifted back to their conversation, smiling at Ladon's offer for work. "Is it because you want me to make you coffee, or because it would mean more cookies?" He played back at the offer, though it would be better than running for Jack, that was for sure. It would probably pay less... and he'd work more hours, but at least it'd be legal...ish.

The blush on his cheeks only got darker when Ladon spoke about him being wet, and then his nicer attire. He nearly stated it was almost like Ladon would rather him naked, but that was a dare he didn't think he could live up to... yet. He hadn't met someone as flirtatious as Ladon in quite some time and to Kazuya, the banter was amusing. He simply retorted though "Well, the next time it rains perhaps we should go for a walk together. Then you'll have me alone, and wet." He laughed just a bit under his breath, mostly serious about the offer - but curious as to how Ladon would take it.

It was really what Ladon said next that was surprising, what did he mean by shiny? A lot of questions hit his mind all at once about what information had just been provided and before he could catch up with the thoughts Ladon was asking if he wanted to help. He had a nearly bewildered look on his face, his hand falling away from the other man's hair. "Well of course I want to help." He bit his bottom lip, trying to think of how he could phrase this to make it seem curious and less desperate. His mind swimming with what the shop owner could have meant by it. Did he mean gay? Or intelligent? Or... or something different, something hidden?

"What do you mean, shiny?" He took a slow breath, letting his hand take up its task of playing with Ladon's hair again. "How can a person be shiny? I mean obviously I'm gay... but " he tried to play off his curiousity with a playful laugh "I"m pretty sure most people could see that I'm gay from ten blocks away." Fingers twirled a white lock of hair and Kazuya's green eyes drifted shut just long enough for the back of his finger to caress Ladon's cheek as he pulled his hand away.

His mother said that Kazuya's father could see the stars in the sky like he was reading a book. Kazuya thought sometimes, that he knew exactly what she was talking about. As their skin touched Kazuya got images, though this time they were less crisp. He couldn't explain it, fuzzy like someone who didn't know what way to go in a fog. Since his eyes were closed it was easier for him to handle the images, and when those emerald eyes opened again they focused directly on Ladon. His lips turned up a lovely smile, apparently happy to see that he wasn't dreaming.

Ladon had pulled out one of his hand rolled cigarettes and lit it before Kazuya came back to their conversation. If he'd been paying attention Ladon probably wouldn't have blown the small jet of flame to light it, but instead used a match or something. At the question he huffs out a laugh, the smoke coming more from his nostrils as he grins. "If I drank coffee that often it would be both, as it were I prefer tea. Still, having more of those delicious treats of yours would certainly be a bonus."

At the mention of a walk in the rain together, Ladon's grin slowly spreads and he almost seems to purr. "That sounds like an excellent idea." He pauses then tilts his head, lips pursing slightly before he takes another puff of his lit cigarette. "Provided it's not too cold." He gives a faint shudder at the thought and his nose seems to wrinkle slightly at the thought of being cold.

To be perfectly honest he hates feeling cold and the thought of being cold AND wet has him almost huffing in distaste. Then the concern that his pretty little treasure could possibly get sick from such an outing, well, it's almost enough to make him want to drag the other off and keep Kazuya in a nice warm room all the time.

When Kazuya speaks again, Ladon's gaze slides back to him and after hearing the response to his question tilts his head. "And just why would you want to help someone you've just met? I'm sure it's not for the promise of more ginger cookies." He teases lightly but is very interested in the other's response. When he's asked yet another question as well as having his hair continued to be played with, he blinks in surprise and almost seems to be considering if he should be offended or upset.

With a slow exhale, herb infused smoke with it, he lets most of the tension go and allows his hair to be played with. Idly he wonders if Kazuya is doing so because it's not like human hair in the slightest. Well, other than that it sits on his head of course. When asked if he means shiny because the other male is gay, he scoffs and rolls his eyes. "No, that is not what I mean by shiny treasure. Not all those that shine are gay, nor are all those that are gay shine."

Taking a puff from his smoke he tries to think of a way to explain it but then just shrugs. "It is not something that can really be explained except the closest would probably be that it's a bit like seeing auras I suppose. Not everyone can see who shines" by this he means humans. Non-humans almost never miss those that shine and are inexplicably drawn to them. "and not everyone shines the same way or with the same intensity." He gives a rolling shrug and a wave with the hand holding the cigarette signalling he's not sure how else to explain it. "To me, and possibly others, you shine very brightly."

Ladon tenses at the sudden touch to his cheek, and when Kazuya's eyes open he is greeted with an intensely focused look. "What happens when you touch me?" He asks finally. His curiosity finally grown to the point he can't reign it in and he also needs to know in case anything more builds between them. Especially, as he intends it will, if it includes more touching. Depending on what is revealed he may have to find a way to keep what happens when they touch to a minimum.

Kazuya picked up on the fact that Ladon didn't like the cold pretty quickly. His green eyes dancing with soft laughter as the other's face changed to show his opposition to the idea. "I wouldn't dream of taking you out into the cold for a walk... Though admittedly I do like the snow." Kazuya remembered as a child being in Hokkaido with his mother to see her family for some reason or another, and being completely taken by the white ice crystals. "Though, if you did get a chill I could just as easily warm you." A dangerous smirk played on his lips - it was the closest thing to an outright flirt that Kazuya had said to Ladon.

When questioned about why he would help, Kazuya took a sip of his tea, letting the idea of the question smolder for a moment before answering. He always preferred to be deliberate when answering a question since he didn't like having to back up if a statement wasn't found to be true. "Because it's the right thing to do. Altruism isn't dead, it just can't do it alone." He shrugged and looked into the tea noticing a collection of leaves on the bottom. It had a strange shape, like a star, and then a flame. He shook it off as nothing, and poked the surface with his finger to disrupt them.

Kazuya was attentive when Ladon described what he meant by shiny. It still didn't seem to make much sense, how could one person identify a trait that other people simply couldn't see. For that matter, what did this trait really mean? He felt like perhaps Ladon had more information than he was letting on in all this, but he wouldn't push about it... not yet anyway. He was curious what being shiny really meant and why it was attracting someone powerful like Ladon to him; it also drifted through his mind that perhaps that was why he was drawn to the other, it felt like he could run half the distance of the world just so he could run the other half back.

Auras... that was the word that hit him. "Yours is usually red." The tone he used was blunt, and matter of fact; almost as if it would be a challenge for him to accept that other people -didn't- see them. "My aunt's family used to tell me I was just seeing things, so I stopped talking about it... they never went away though." Kazuya didn't focus on anything in particular for a long moment, his eyes casting down into his tea again. The shape of a bear, the crest of a moon. He swirled the cup and obstructed the image. His ability to see things was always amplified when he was around Ladon, perhaps it was part of the draw.

The question about what he saw when he touched Ladon didn't come as a shock. Though Kazuya took his time to answer the other. He took a bite of his half eaten cookie and avoided Ladon's eyes for a few minutes trying to put together the words to make it all make sense. Sometimes when he touched the man, it was like a crisp movie, others were just images, sometimes it was fuzzy nonsense like that night, and with no way to descifer them it didn't seem like a good idea to talk about it. Still, Ladon had asked, and Kazuya figured if there was anyone with some insite into what he was going through, it would be the man that owned the occult shop.

Finally he sighed, his eyes on the man once more. "I see things... The first time... the first time it was chaos. Like a movie that was trying to play the plot backwards. Chaos and darkness and... It was painful. The second time... wasn't as chaotic. Just images. Then... there was smoke and fire... the time before you came to the cafe.... And just now it was fuzzier... less clear... and you were walking but it was like you didn't know where you were going. It felt... unsure." Kazuya bit his lip briefly. "I don't touch many people because of it, but you're the hardest I've had to work to block the images out, and often I can't help but see them. Its like a tidal wave, at first you think its just another wave, but then it engulfs you." He mumbled for a moment about everything he'd seen, and then when he realized what he'd done the blush hit his cheeks again.

"Ha! I'm sorry, you probably think I'm absolutely crazy now..." Kazuya was immediately flustered and embaressed by what he'd said. Standing and stretching like it was completely normal, he looked at Ladon with a smile that was a little harder to put onto his lips than he wanted to admit. "Shall we get your shop cleaned up." Kazuya dared to hold his hand out, offering it to Ladon to help him stand up, or just escort him, whatever he'd like. He'd have to deal with the images.

At what amounts to blatant flirting from the other, Ladon laughs. "I'm sure you could treasure. Or if nothing else distract me enough to make me forget the cold." He gives a slight smile while looking the other over in a slow meaningful manner. Though at the comment about altruism he gives a slight snort, smoke once again coming out of his nostril. Thankfully he'd just pulled in a puff of his nearly out cigarette, though depending on how observant the other is this holds more of a smoke smell to mixed in with the herbal. "Of course you are." He comments to himself before giving the other an indecipherable look.

"Best be careful pearl, it is often the altruist that gives so much away that soon there's nothing left." He cautions even though he doesn't intend to let the other get anywhere near that point.

Finishing his cigarette then putting it out in an antique ashtray of sorts, he lets out a slow breath of herbal smoke. He can tell that the other isn't satisfied with his explanation of what he means when he says Kazuya 'shines', but he really isn't inclined to explain it more fully even if he could. There truly is not way to really explain how those like Kazuya just shine to Beings and draw them in much like a moth to a flame. Although for them it is more about wanting to protect, cherish, and help that shine flourish.

Hearing his aura is red, Ladon tilts his head as he takes that in then lets out a slow approving nod. That is as it should be and is expected. Red, truly red, is mostly associated with power and attraction which is only befitting considering who and what he is. A faint frown appears, however, when he hears how his treasure's family has responded to his gifts. "Most times those that cannot see what others see will dismiss it. Not always with the intent to hurt, though that can certainly be the case, but merely because they cannot or will not understand what they do not know or see."

As Kazuya goes on to talk about what he's seen of Ladon, he is a bit surprised. For now though, it seems that nothing too telling has been revealed. Not yet anyway. When Kazuya gets up flustered, he carefully catches the other's wrist while being sure to have the fabric of the shirt between their skin. "Do not presume to know what I think Kazuya." He rumbles in a soft, though low, warning tone.

His gaze softens after a moment as he slowly lets the other go. "I do not, in fact, think you are crazy. Nor are you the first person to have come into my shop with such abilities. Though yours are slightly different, but then I get many different kinds through here." Shifting, he looks at the offered hand then holds out his own leaving a gap and choice up to this shiny little pearl of a man he's found. "If touching me causes you discomfort, then I shall not force my touch upon you. However, should you wish to touch despite what you might see then you should also remember that every soul has a side to it that you may not be ready to see."

For Ladon this refers to various aspects of his lift, but mostly means who and what he truly is. Though for the most part he truly is merely a supplier of things of oddity and magical properties. Just most no longer believe in things like magic or those that are magic.

Kazuya's face split into a grin at the warning. It was honestly one he'd heard before. He gave a saucy wink to the powerful man in front of him, his emerald eyes glinting. "If you really want to live life for what it's worth, you have to be willing to share what you have... and sometimes that means sharing without a desire for gaining something." It was a silly thought to some people, but Kazuya had seen a lot of pain in his life and he decided one day that if all he could do was try and make things a little less awful for some people, than he would do what he needed to. He lived in a modest apartment, he didn't have new things, but he didn't want for anything either. It was a good part of why his happiness was considered so infectious. He was so absorbed in their discussion though, he hadn't noticed the smoke coming form Ladon that was certainly not the same herbal smell..

The series of events that brought Kazuya to his feet, and Ladon with a hold on his wrist happened fast. The exchange or words, Ladon's response to his aunt, his response to everything seemed just a little... strange? His eyes locked with Ladon's the tone was enough to tell Kazuya that if he hadn't yet crossed a line, he was dangerously close. He swallowed hard, unsure of why Ladon was suddenly so serious. It was a colloquialism that was pretty common, you probably think I'm crazy, it was just a natural thing people said around friends. Perhaps Ladon just didn't consider them that close, or maybe this was a weird occult thing. Could have been anything.

He was glad when Ladon finally let up his harsh gaze. Though it was only then that Kazuya noticed his heart was racing and something told him that he was lucky it didn't escalate more. He disregarded the warning about touching the other man, and closed the gap as if it was natural. The images flooded him for a moment and he waved his free hand infront of his nose as if he was clearing smoke from in front of his face - trying to push the images away. They subsided after a moment and Kazuya finally spoke. "It's less terrible when I know that it's coming. The first time I touched you... it was not only a surprise but there was also a lot more..." He gripped the hand, and helped Ladon stand.

Once the man was on his feet Kazuya's lips brushed the back of his hand quickly before he let it go. "How is it different from what you've seen before? What have you seen before? How do people control stuff like this? Is it real or am I crazy?" About a thousand other questions were rolling through his brain, but he had to keep them at bay with quite a bit of effort, letting the ones that managed to escape.

Kazuya didn't really wait for an answer to go walking up the steps, a ginger cookie slyly plucked and half way into his mouth - seeing the images always left him -starving-. When he got into the main part of the shop Kazuya took off his vest, and then with a quick set of motions he also removed his shirt, revealing a black tank top underneath, and a few other tattoos. One on his right bicep and the one that was just above his collar on the left side of his body proved to be bigger, swirling around his shoulder blade mostly covered by the tank top. He certainly looked healthy and strong for someone who ate so many cookies.

He waited for Ladon, a jovial look about him "So, put me to work then, how can I make this easier for you?" Peppy little spit fire, desperate to erase the images from his mind by keeping busy.

"As long as it is not at one's own expense, then I agree. Altruism does have a place in the world, but those true to it tend to die young." Ladon agrees slowly and almost seems to be thinking of certain instances in particular before shrugging and letting the topic shift once more. Honestly he has little interest in being altruistic, and while this treasure of a man seems to have those tendencies, it doesn't mean he has to help encourage them.

Ladon could tell he'd startled, if not scared the other, but it would do well for the other to not forget that he is dangerous. Those instincts exist to warn the other for a reason. Even if the one they're warning him about would be reluctant to actually harm him. Still, Ladon muses it would do me well to not let him find out too much too soon.

When Kazuya shares about how to make the images easier, he mentally files that away for future reference. "I see... So I should warn you every time I'm about to touch you?" He asks with a raised eyebrow while allowing the other to assist him up. To the other Ladon has to feel as though he has a high fever, his natural body temperature is so high, but the other has yet to comment on it if he's noticed.

Or perhaps he thinks it is merely the shop? He wonders in bemusement before glancing at Kazuya when he suddenly blurts out some questions. Though it is obvious he has many more bottled up also waiting to be spilled. The thought causes his lips to twitch as though fighting off a smile. "Well, I have met those that can get thoughts, feelings, or images from touching objects. There have been those that are true psychics of varying degrees, and yet others with what would seem to be true magical ability to cast spells and such."

He rolls a shoulder in a shrug as they go back into the shop, his eyes tracing over the skin as it becomes bared. His eyes trace the tattoos as he continues on. "As for controlling it, I would not be the best one to teach you that I think. Perhaps someone who experiences something similar or a true empath perhaps. As far as you being crazy, I at least do not think that is the case no matter what others have said." His tone is so dismissive that it is clear that outside of his opinion, and perhaps Kazuya's, anyone else's opinion doesn't even enter his radar on that front.

At the sudden peppiness of the other, he gives a long slow look. It seems quite some time before he blinks even though it is mere moments. "If you are ever confused or upset by what you see, feel free to share it. I cannot promise to tell you about what it is you see, but it might help to give voice to it." With that he moves ahead and opens a door.

Waving a hand he indicates several boxes and bits and pieces strewn about. It is clear that this is where Ladon had been when Kazuya had knocked. "I was unpacking my new wares and adding them to the inventory while labeling them so they will be ready to be put out on in display." He motions to a stack. "Those are done and just need to be put on the appropriate shelves. Everything in the boxes still needs to be examined for damage, logged, and priced."

Kazuya smiled, caught a little off guard by how Ladon wanted to handle the situation. He pushed his fingers through his hair. "I suppose that would be the safest way to handle it... though it doesn't leave much for surprise and excitement does it?" The heat of the other hadn't really registered. Generally when he was around Ladon, his mind was absorbed in other things, bigger things, Ladon and non Ladon related things. The temperature of his skin just never seemed to bother him Also, his subconscious probably easily dismissed it as the tea. "I suppose, I could just always be prepared for you to touch me..." A wry smile took his lips for a brief flash.

Kazuya nodded when Ladon stated what he'd seen over his years, people that could do things Kazuya had no concept of how they worked. His mind was racing, this was the first time someone had admitted... that perhaps he wasn't all that crazy. Someone who knew more, of course Kazuya had roamed the internet, bookstores and plenty of other places to figure out something... but it had all seemed bogus. Another deaf nod fell when told Ladon didn't think he could teach him, that was unexpectedly painful. Apparently he'd had hope he didn't know was there. After a long time of not speaking Kazuya's lips parted, "My mother used to tell me that my father was a fortune teller. She said he could read the stars like he was reading words on a page. Like a book." He rubbed his temples slowly. "She's been in an institution, so I always just thought she was crazy." He looked sad for a brief moment, thinking of all the times he'd waved off his mother's words without giving her a chance.

When offered the solace of talking about what he saw with Ladon he wasn't sure how to respond. Of course he was confused, he didn't know one person who wouldn't be confused by the sudden world spinning shift his life just took. His eyes didn't meet Ladon for what felt like forever, Finally pulling his eyes from the door Ladon opened to look at the man. "Thank you... for everything." He felt that perhaps it was proper to thank the other for the help he was offering, perhaps he should get Ladon a nice gift to show his thanks... He seemed to like material objects.

When Ladon told Kazuya what needed to be done, he whistled. "You were planning on being busy tonight weren't you?" He smirked "Well, we'll just have to work all night if that's what it takes. Perhaps I can make you breakfast when we're done, if it takes that long." Kazuya took a moment to tie his longer hair back, eyeing the product. He'd worked retail before, and it was about the same no matter where he went. It was a pretty intuitive thing, he grabbed a box out of the ones that had been indicated so that Ladon could arrange his stock the way he wanted to. Starting at the top each item was removed, the shipping list was checked, and damages were logged. A chip on this, or a crack on that. He started humming as he worked, hips swaying just slightly as he bustled away at the work he'd been given.

He was quite focused on the task getting through a whole box fairly easily. When he was done checking the shipping list and the items for damages he bit his bottom lip, he needed to price them but wasn't sure of the system Ladon used for such thing, so his head popped up from his focus and he looked at the other. The moment his eyes met the other man a smile stretched across his face - he couldn't help it. He found the other's company calming, and he was quite attractive. "How do you want me to go about pricing these? Is there a list to follow, or have you not decided their price yet?"

• Saga locked this topic