The Great and the Untameable

Yukio Takamiya

Ryan shook his shoulder.

"I don't mind." He said honest, hiding the fact that he felt stiff..

Ryan had been used to feel like this, being form his soldier days. He had spendt many nights sleeping in worse positions than this.

But that had been two years ago, and his body had gotten use to living in a castle by now.

A thousand thoughts went though his mind as Kiran patted the the space he had just made room for.

Ryan couldn't resist the beautiful man, and careful moved to lay besides Kiran, while keeping his eyes on his mate for any discomfort.

Laying besides Kiran, he really didn't know what to say, he had so many question he wanted to ask, but couldn't remember any of them now.

Ryan touched Kiran's hand, wanted to hold on to something, and to see just how comfortable Kiran felt with him.

"Did you mind me staying here?"

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• M-jow

• Yukio Takamiya

When Ryan touched his hand, Kiran shifted his hand to hold his. He couldn't help the soft smile that graced his features at the peace he felt right now. Kiran shook his head," I didn't notice you were here until I woke up." Kiran propped himself up on his elbows, struggling to sit up. "I was a lot of trouble yesterday wasn't I?" He winced a little then relaxed against the bed wall.

"About yesterday," he started with hesitation. "And the days before....I'm really sorry." Kiran kept his gaze on his hands, feeling awkward and sorry. He couldn't bring himself to look at Ryan after starting this conversation.

“You shouldn’t apologize.” Ryan said as he looked up at Kiran, still holding on to his hand.

“The fouled was mine, I did know, and I made you misunderstand my feelings. I’m sorry that I made you run, I just hope that you can give me another change. I would really like to be your mate, that is… if you would have me.”

Ryan couldn’t remember a time that he had been this nervous, he felt afraid that Kiran would turn him down. Kiran didn’t seem to dislike him, but was he still willing to give they’re mating a try?

Would Kiran stay or go back to the forest? Ryan really didn’t like the thought about not being able to see Kiran, or to have him so far away.

He didn’t know anything about Kiran, but wanted to. What more the herbs didn’t he like, what did he like and what was he like?

Wanted to see more of that strength he had seen in those eyes. Ryan wanted to know, see, feel and met it all.

Kiran couldn't believe what he was hearing. He'd thought that after what happened, it would be impossible for them to be together. His heart pounded in his chest as he turned to look down at Ryan. Slowly, he lifted the hand that he was holding and brought it to his cheek, relishing the feel of the sparks when their skin made contact. Then Kiran let out a smile," of course I would." He would be mad if he didn't, when Ryan was so perfect.

But if he was going to be with Ryan, that meant that he'd have to stay didn't he? Ryan, as far as he knew, had duties in this foreign place. Kiran had lived all his life in the forest and getting used to people was something he had to work hard on. He didn't know if he'd be able to cope. But taking one look at Ryan, he knew that he had to at least give it a try. Getting used to life in the city that is.

"Really?!" Ryan jumped at Kiran's answer , and took the breathe he hadn't known he was holding. His heart felt like a horse runing wild in his chest.

He wanted to hold Kiran in his arms, but to afraid to hurt him to do it. Insted he sat on the bed and put his hands to Kiran's cheeks, leaning forward til their noses almost touched.

"You really are remarkable, you know that? I have never felt like I feel when with you. I want to know all about you."

"And if I'm ever doing something which makes you feel uncomfortable or anything, pleased tell me, don't run off again."

Ryan told this right out from his heart while looking into Kiran's eyes, with all the longing and love he felt for him.

"I'm so happy right now I... may I Kiss you?"

Kiran placed his hands over Ryan's, never looking away from him once. He couldn't tear the smile off his face as Ryan spoke.

"And if I'm ever doing something which makes you feel uncomfortable or anything, pleased tell me, don't run off again."

"I understand," he replied and closed his eyes. Kiran didn't respond to Ryan's question. Instead, he chose to close the gap himself, pressing his lips against his mate's. After which, he nuzzled his nose into Ryan's neck and wrapping his arms around his waist.

Kiran's kiss was a surprised he gladly accepted. The feeling of Kiran lips on his, the sensation tickled through out his body. The beast in him who had been particularly quiet, was wagging it tail like a good little puppy.

As the kiss ended, and Kiran started nuzzled while wrapped himself onto him. Ryan chest swell with love for the man.

He kissed the top of Kiran's head while smeling his hair, he tried to hold him closer, but was still careful of the wound.

He stayed like this for a while. Placing kisses on his mate and cuddle around him.

Until there was a knocking on the door.

Ryan growled a bit, not wanting to part from his mate. He looked at Kiran, while the knocking continued.

"That's probely for me." Ryan sighed deeply not indicating to let go at all.

Kiran couldn't help the chuckles that erupted from his chest when Ryan started kissing him. He couldn't describe the bliss he felt currently now that they had officially gotten together. It was just as they said, the beasts in the forests whom he had learnt to communicate with. They said that mates were rare and if a beast found one, they would feel complete. Like as if a void within them had been filled. Being with their mate would bring them boundless joy which was what Kiran was experiencing right now. He felt like he wouldn't be able to find happiness like this anywhere else.

The knocking pulled him out of his thoughts and Kiran looked at Ryan who growled.

"That's probably for me"

"Yeah, I figured as much," he replied, equally irritated that their moment had to be broken. Kiran had never found affection his whole life and being with Ryan, feeling like this was a first for him. He didn't want to be interupted so soon. "Do you want to let them in?" he asked looking at his mate.

"No... But I properly haft to go." Ryan sighed and kissed Kiran on the cheek one last time before letting go.

"I'll get them to send some food up, just rest for today, you look like you need it." He started walking forward the door and hit it with a knock of his own to make the knocking stop.

"I'll come back as soon as I can, in the meantime if anything just ask the the one who bringes the food."

Ryan took on last look at Kiran before he went out the door.

It wasn't that he wasn't happy to see one of his other friendes. He just had this thought that there was something that he rather be doing. Something in which involved his mate.

The white tiger shifter smiled at him, his black hair was pulled back in a tail, and his ice blu eyes looked much bigger cause of those dark brown stripes around them. Ryan know that he had those tiger stripes on most of his body, he had seen the man shift a couple of times an found it fascinating too watch.

"What is it Ice?" Ryan asked rather moody.

"Well nice to see you too, an what a lovely morning it is." Ice laugthed with a big smile.

Ryan wanted to go back in where Kiran was and smack the door in Ice's face, but controled himself not to.

"We have some problems with some of the trades, the merchants are have waited for your return, they are In the throng room."

"Giv me two minutes to change in my chamber, then I'll come."

"Did you stay the entire night with your guest? Thats a first." Ice commented a bit shocked.

"I need to ask you a favour, can you go to the library and find all the stuff you can about 'fated mates'?" Ryan asked avoiding Ice's commented.

"Sure I got time, wait... what is a fated mate?"

Kiran watched as Ryan opened the door, catching a glimpse of a man who seemed to be too cheerful before the door closed again. He turned his gaze to the window, basking in the silence now that Ryan wasn't with him. He didn't use to think much about quietness. But somehow, after spending time with Ryan, time alone felt lonelier now. Again, he knew that this came with the mate bond. Every moment without your mate will make you feel empty, was what he was told. He didn't think much when he learnt of all this because he didn't think that he would be one of the lucky few to find a mate. But now that he did, he saw how true all those stories were.

Kiran got out of bed carefullyand walked towards the window where sunlight continued to stream in. He leaned out slightly, watching what was below that could be seen. Of course, the garden was still there. And the bird bath in the middle was chocked full of sparrows and many other birds. It had been empty when he saw it the previous day but seeing them now didn't surprise Kiran since it was the morning.

A knock sounded from the door and Kiran whipped around with a smile on his face, thinking it was Ryan who had gotten back soonerr than he thought. But his smile disappeared when he saw that it was just another stranger, bowing to him and placing a tray of food on the side table. Kiran walked towards the food when the door closed. He hadn't realised how hungry he had been and finished breakfast quickly. The next few minutes was spent walking around the room and looking out the window somemore. But the beast within him grew restless and he found himself peeking outside the door.

Weird. Ryan told him to tell the person who brought his food if he needed anything but there wasn't anyone outside. Kiran didn't know his way around but staying in the room wasn't an option seeing how he was boring himself to death. Gingerly, Kiran took a step out of the room, unaware that he wasn't dressed appropriately. Just like that, he walked down the hallway barefooted and still in nightwear, and out of the building, hopefully he could spot Ryan somewhere.

After the dealing with the merchants for what felt like forever while thinking of his mate, Ryan headed back forwards Karin's chambers, but when he wasn't there Ryan started to look for him.

He followed his mates scent, but even after wandering the castles halls he still hadn't found Kiran.

He approached two ladies chatting, they didn't notice him, and normally Ryan didn't care too listen or interested their gossip. But as his ears caught the word "stranger" he confronted them.

"Exuse me, but have your ladies seen a young man with black hair around here?"

The ladies turned around surprised and widen their eyes seeing the king.

"Yes in fact we have, your Majesty. He was in the garden as we saw him, he wasn't dressed properly so we didn't approach him."

"Thank you, you have been a big help, have a nice day." He made a halfhearted bow before taking off forwards the garden.

Kiran took slow steps around the garden, admiring the colours of various flowers. But he was headed to the bird bath right on the midst of the rows of colours. Yet as soon as he got too close, wings fluttered and they took off, leaving multitudes of feathers floating behind. Kiran's steps stopped and he looked up at the birds. Perhaps they could sense the beast within him and saw him as a predator.

It was at this time that he took notice of the whispers around him. There were many others taking walks in the garden, nobles to be exact. And it was no surprise that they would comment on the way he was dressed.

"Is that the guest His Majesty invited? I expected him to be more refined instead of this unruly and inelegant boy." "Look at the way he's dressed, he got out of bed and didn't bother to change, just where does he think this is?"

Kiran looked down at his clothes and uncovered feet. He honestly didn't mind what those people said but couldn't help wondering. Was the way he was dressed inappropriate? He'd thought that as long as he wore something, it was fine. After all, the most common wear to Kiran was staying unclothed. Shaking his head, Kiran proceeded to leave the garden, not wanting to hear anymore snark remarks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Kiran's scent was there, but Ryan couldn't see hin anyway.

"Oh my, your Majesty." One of the nobels called out as they saw him.

'Ohhh not now!' Ryan tried turning away, but was allerede surrounded by nobel men and ladies.

"Oh your Majesty look so handsome today."

"How was your travels this time?"

"Oh you most tell us."

Ryan didn't have time for this, he wanted nothing more then to find Kiran. Not having him around made Ryan annoyed, more easily than what he was use too.

"I really don't have time now, I'm looking someone, can I get though." Ryan tried to pass them, but couldn't get though, they just kept talking on and on.

A lady touch his chest with her hand and though the touch was lightly, it felt like she was burning his skin.

Ryan shook her hand off. He was really irritated now, had they always been this touchy?

Kiran was almost at the perimeter of the garden when his mate's scent wafted by his nose. His footsteps halted and he turned back, trying to follow Ryan's scent. The garden was large and it took a while for the crowd of people to come into sight. But that was where Ryan's scent led him to. Frowning, Kiran slowly approached the crowd, and as he thought, the scent was getting stronger around here.

It wasn't till he caught sight of a bit of hair, the colour of his mate's did he truly believe that Ryan was here. The king was unusually tall after all. In his excitement to get to him, Kiran begin to push his way through, ignoring the protests around him. When he finally got through though, what he saw made him bristle. A woman had the audacity to touch him. Even though Ryan had shaken her hand off, it was already too late. A growl ripped out from his throat and he was upon her in the blink of an eye. Claws extended from his fingers as he pounced on her ready to maul her to death. The beast within him was furious as well, possessive of their mate. Ryan belonged to them, who was she to touch him?

It wasn't until the moment when Kiran roared and pounced the women, that Ryan saw him.

With all the people so close, he hadn't caught Kiran's scent.

Ryan felt relieved to see him, but also afraid for the lady safety, though she too hissed and snapped after him with fangs.

But out off those two, Kiran was clearly the more deadly looking one.

"Kiran!" Ryan shouted after him and grabbed him from behind to lift him off the women.

Kiran was in totaly outrage, his eyes darkende in anger as they fastened onto the lady who got up.

"Careful kid, I could hurt you!" She hissed angrie at Kiran.

Ryan growled loudly. "THATS ENOUGH!" He was still very irritated from earlier.

The lady and the others looked shocked at him.

"Make way!" some guards yelled. Ryan took that opportunity to get away while still carrying Kiran in his arms.

"Still now my little panther, I'm here" Ryan said in a calm voice, trying to smooth his mate.

Ryan had brought Kiran with him back to the hallway, there wasn't anyone other than them.

Ryan didn't even feel those wounds Kiran's claws had made in his arm. He was too busy getting his mate's anger under controled.

"Kiran." Ryan kept saying his name softly while petting his back.

Kiran had lost all sense of reason the moment he saw the woman touching his mate with such endearment. His claws tore at her clothes and hair but just as they reached for her face, he was pulled off her. He could have attacked the person who dared to interupt him but that touch told him that Ryan was the one who did so. He couldn't hear the calls of his name and struggled against the arms that held him. Anger blinded his vision and tearing that lady to shreds was all he could think of.

"Careful kid, I could hurt you!"

Kiran almost ripped himself out of Ryan's hold snarling. "What could a hag like you do?! Keep your filthy hands off him!" At that moment, the guards came and Ryan took the chance to take him away from the crowd. Kiran struggled a little, claws digging into his mate's arm. It wasn't until the scent of Ryan's blood reach him did he finally calm down. He let out a small whimper at the claw marks he left on his mate's arm. "Sorry," he managed a whisper, gingerly touching a particularly long scratch. It wasn't very deep but blood flowed just the same. "That lady was touching you and....I just lost it I guess." He sincerely hoped that Ryan wouldn't get mad, though he didn't get mad most of the time. But this time, Kiran probably caused quite the trouble for him. "I'll try to control my beast in future."

"Don't worried about this, it nothing that wouldn't be gone by tomorrow" Ryan answer with his smooth voice and moved a hand under Kiran's chin, forcing him to look Ryan in the eyes.

"I'm very proud that you declered me the 'No touching zone' and told her off, that you don't have to change at all, it made me feel taken." Ryan really didn't know who to express him self well, just letting the words flow seemed like the best way to tell it.

"You may had responded a bit over the edge, but we are both new at this. Heck I would properly had reached the same."

Ryan smiled and kissed Kiran on the eyelid.

"But one thing should change" Ryan looked his little expos mate over. "We really have to make you wear dissent clothing when you are out In public. Unless it has something to do with a shift, I don't like the throught off you showing off skin to others who aren't me." Ryan purred while whispering in to Kiran's ear.

"I can be quite territorial as well"

The moment Ryan whispered into his ear, Kiran felt a shiver run down his mind. That statement left his heart pounding in his chest and he fought the blush that threatened to rise. "Right," he mumbled, looking down at his clothes, partly to check it and partly to hide his blush. He never really thought of the way he presented himself since he never had to wear clothes before. Kiran wasn't used to caring about the way he looked. "Then I suppose I'll go change now," he gave Ryan a quick kiss on the cheek and made a dash for his room.

A bit of searching and Kiran finally found clothes hung in a wooden container. He randomly took a shirt, one without buttons and trousers which he put on with ease. Then he left the room, returning to Ryan. "Do I get a chance to run today?" He asked excitedly, his beast barely restrained from shifting. They always did enjoy a good run after all, living in the wild did that.

As Kiran dashed off, Ryan use the time to dress his wound with an handkerchief, to stop the bleeding.

Of cause if stinged a bit, but he wasn't gonna complan. He was so happy that he couldn't stop smiling.

When Kiran came back, he looked absolut adorable, all excited and dressed. It was a good thing that the servens had gotten the right size.

"Do you think you are up for it? The healer said to take it easy, until you have recovered." Ryan was afraid that Kiran maybe was trying to push the healing progress to fast.

"I would like to go with you, we could" Before Ryan could finish, he was cut off, by a yelled from his advisers.

"You're Highness! What is this racket we hear was happening?" One of them asked as as they appeared in the hallway.

"Nothing of yours concern gentlemen, you know how some of the shifter just makes a fuss sometimes." Ryan didn't lie, he just didn't tell them the details.

"We heard that your guest was the one causing it." the second one said, reasing a eyebrown at Kiran.

"It was the females fault, if you must blame anyone, Kiran only protected what was his, no rules against that"

"You sure your Majesty?"

"I was there myself as it happened, besides none was hurt." Ryan explained, like it was a every day habit.

"Except for you, my lord." The first one answered and pointed to Ryan's arm.

"Look at least I saved the women's face, I only got a scratch when separating them. it will be healed by morning." Ryan send the old men a look which told them to scram, since this conversation wasn't going anywhere.

"If you would excues us, I'm going to show Kiran the running grounds." Ryan held out an arm for Kiran.

It was no use to talk with them about his and Kiran relationship just yet, it was still too new.

"I'll be fine," Kiran smiled. "With the internal injury gone, the wound should heal fast enough." When the advisors came, Kiran managed an irritated glare at them. He hated it when people just interupted them out of nowhere.

Though when Ryan started explaining what happened to them, Kiran couldn't resist nodding his head in agreement. Right, who asked that hag to touch what was his.

"Look, at least I saved the woman's face."

At this, Kiran giggled a little, it sounded rather comical to him. He didn't feel sorry at all even if they thought he was the one at fault. Little did they know that it wasn't just her face he wanted to maul. He would have ripped that offending arm off if he could help it. How dare she touch his mate then snap back at him. Kiran was king of the forest, he demanded the respect that he deserved as well. After all, how many nobility, shifter or not, would be able to survive in the forest alone?

When Ryan was done with the advisors, Kiran followed him, not sparing the advisors a second glance. "There are running grounds here?" This came as a surprise to Kiran who has only ever run in the wild. He didn't think city folks would build their own grounds for running. In the mean time, he could feel his beast's growing excitement. It couldn't wait to be let out. 'Calm down,' Kiran soothed it. 'Just a while longer.'

"Well, it's most like your forest, it a great piece of land with rivers and valleyes. I offen go for a run, mostly alone, but I wouldn't mind you coming with me."

Ryan smiled at the throught, maybe it wouldn’t be Kiran's forest, but Ryan wanted to show all to him.

He wanted to show Kiran what he could gain by staying with him.

"So... you properly already know that I got lots of drifferent forms when I transform, any question before we gets there?"

Kiran shook his head," I don't mind which form you take." Looking down, he threaded his fingers through Ryan's, clasping his hand tightly. Smiling, Kiran looked up at Ryan," now then my dear mate, lead the way."

When they arrived, Kiran didn't expect the abundance of space. It was more than enough to fulfill his active nature. With an excited yip, his beast burst forth and he let it. Leaving his clothes behind, Kiran sprinted across the wide plains towards the cluster of trees.

Ryan liked walking in hand with Kiran, it felt just right. And though the walk wasn't short Ryan enjoyed it much more.

Ryan couldn't keep himself from laugthing, seeing Kiran throwing his clothes everywhere, before racef forward, was way too cute.

Kiran looked happy and that made Ryan relieved.

Ryan kept eyes on his mate while taking off his own clothes. As Kiran reached the trees, Ryan shifted into his wolf form in a jump forward and took off after Kiran.

It felt like forever since the last time Ryan had let loss like this. He quickly caught up to Kiran and run by his side.

Ryan didn't feel or smell any other shifters close by, but since the forest was for free use to all, it wasn't unusual to meet others on this parts, cause it was close to the capital.

Ryan was letting Kiran lead and explore as he wanted.

A mouse that was running through the forest floor, caught Ryan's attention. And the playfull wolf couldn't help but wanted to catch it.

The pool mouse tried it's best to escape from the big beast, running and turning around.

The wolf jumped back and forward with it's front legs first. He almost looked like a rabbit.

The game finished as the mouse found a hole and disappeared.

The wolf sniffed the spot for a bit, before ending up sneezing.

Then he turned to look for Kiran, he had his tongue hanging out In a big wolf smile.

When Ryan caught up with him, Kiran spared him a glance before mischievously speeding up. He relished the feeling of the wind blowing at his fur. His wound emitted a dull ache but was otherwise bearable. They had been running for a while now and Kiran stopped when Ryan's attention was drawn by a mouse. He tilted his head while watching. Somehow watching a big wolf play with a mouse seemed odd. But if a big cat beast were the one playing, that would be a different story.

It was then that the mouse ran down a hole and Ryan stopped chasing it. Kiran walked up to him and licked his cheek then nuzzled his nose into the wolf's fur with affection. Jerking his head at the direction of the denser forest, he signalled for Ryan to lead the way. Being new to this place, he didn't trust himself to not lose his way.

Ryan could see that Kiran found him a bit odd. But after the affektion he got, he didn't really care.

If Kiran could except some off his strangeness it was all good to him.

His wolf grin got bigger as he got Kiran's message to lead the way. Ryan nuzzled the panther back, before taking off again.

He knew a great place to show Kiran. It did take them som time to get there, but Ryan kept the pace in the way which he throught wouldn't be to hard for Kiran.

His mate might think that he was find, but Ryan wouldn't take the change. If they kept charging forward at high speed, the was no way Kiran wouldn't pass out at some point, way before Ryan would get tired.

As they made it a good trip up hill, they came to a clearing., with tall flower rich grass and a big lake below a great big waterfall streaming out from a scare in the mountain wall.

As the strong sunlight hid the stream, a double rainbow appeared in all colors.

This was Ryan's favorite spot to go. The smells were pleasant and fresh. On hot days Ryan would often go for a swim in the slow flowing water when needing to cool and relax.

Ryan turned to Kiran to see his mate's reaction, knowing Kiran's love for natur, surely he would like this as well.