Must Read

Neko-chan

i don't know about you but personally i dont like the old yaoi mangas. I would recommend Sekai ichi hatsukoi, Sex pistols,Kohitsuji Project,Katekyo!,Love Neko,Lovers Doll

enjoy ^-^

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• misakixusagi

• sarah3161

• reika101

• Kasamatsu

I never answered this, did I?

Well, I think one should have read the following:

- You're my love prize in Viewfinder

- Totally Captivated

- Any yaoi manga by Honjou Rie

I think one should have found a yaoi fetish type of manga too... Like, some mostly reads violent series, some focuses on romance and fluff, others funny yaoi. If you haven't find anything you love in particular, you're not really a fangirl/boi, ne?

• 9 months later...

Viewfinder

Koisuru Boukun

Totally Captivated

Junjou Romantica, but I prefer Sekaiichi Hatsukoi

Seven Days (the best shonen-ai I've read so far)

Seito Kaichou ni Chuukoku (Hey class president!)

And all of Asou Kai-sensei's works.

• 2 months later...

for me, one of my must read is Kawaii Akuma! u can find it on mangahere.com. it's drawings aren't all that, but the story is funny and good!

@

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
~I have to agree, it sure was a good read from what i remenber. It was a really long time ago, but i can still remember that it made me angry,happy,sad,& relieved.I'll have to read it again. I always thought that it wasn't necessary to reread something in the past. It was enough if i fully understood the story & enjoyed a first time.But that was like 5-6 years ago and now I find it is nice to read a piece again,and I will most likely get more out of it. I realized that even I have changed & matured as a reader after a year, 5 yrs,etc. Its like a perpetual process i guess.I'm surprised at myself with how much i've forgotten or didn't "see" before. ooh, i'm rambling...sorry bout that,anyway thanks fo reminding me about that ol'goody:-)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

>.

Jonjou romantica, sekaichi hatsukoi, super lover, Kanashii (Itoshii) Kotoba , acid flower, dramatic maestro, Abiru jonjou, brother x brother, home tutor, royal fiance, I want to be naughty series. Fuuki no Okite ,Toshishita no Ryuugi (Maruya Kae), Thunderbolt Boys: Excite and others >.

• 2 weeks later...

Junjou Romantica , Sekaichi Hatsukoi, Maiden Rose , Sex pistols, Corsair ,Haru wo Daite Ita , Secret Diplomacy , Destinies Cross , The Royal Fiance , Loveless ( even if for me it’s not a Yaoi ) ,The Tyrant Who Fell In Love, …….. and a lot more :Red_fox:

I love romance and comedy yaoi manga. Stuff that would make my heart goes all funny ≧▽≦' (and I like me some smut too 웃❤웃).

I don't know why I can't get into Junjou Romantica. I liked it at one point..but it got too long that I lost track lol. I like mangas that is in slow pace, not too slow. I like when the main characters start from being strangers (or often they don't get along, gotta love their bickering XD) and develop into love.

Some ongoing ones I am reading right now are: Ameiro Paradox, Castle Mango (I think this one is completed in Japan but it's licensed :( But it's lovely and absolutely a must read!), Hana Wa Saku Ka, Himegoto Asobi (licensed, why!??? ಥ_ಥ), Koi to wa Yobenai, Saezuru Tori wa Habataknai and Koisuru Boukun.

Some completed ones (for impatient individuals like myself): Slow Starter (very soft but adorable!). Rival ni Ki wo Tsukero (the art is not very good in the first two chapters but it's sweet), Juketsu Drop, Sono Kuchibiru ni Yoru no Tsuyu (this can be violent, but the overflowing emotions..omg! one of my absolute favorites) [these all have good endings btw. ]

I wrote so much I am getting bored of my own writing. In conclusion, if you like a lot of sex you might now like my must read list. If you like mangas which focus on love and such, please check those out! I can almost guarantee the overflowing of different emotions. Please let me know if anyone knows more of these types of mangas.

If you really read my whole writing, I thank you so much! (✿◠‿◠)

You might like Ike Reibun, Koizumi Kiyo, Rutta to Kodama, Kitazawa Kyou, Yamamoto Kotetsuko (Especially Omairi Desu yo), Jappa no Amane, Hayakawa Nojiko.^_^ I Hope that helps.

Well, I think if you read/watched one yaoi... and then realized you've just spent five hours on the internet searching/reading/watching/writing yaoi stuff... you're an official yaoi fan. However, I supposed if someone asked me to recommend some stuff, then this might make up some of my "must read" list.

The obvious ones (which I supposed are highly popular in the yaoi circles) are:

Junjou Romantica & Sekaiichi Hatsukoi - Ah.... what beautiful stories that even manages to bring a tear or two to my eyes.

Koisuru Boukun (The Tyrant Who Falls In Love) - I so loved the uke in this one!

Gravitation - The first yaoi manga I bought out of a bookstore.

Fake - The first yaoi manga an ex-friend of mine bought. I actually really liked the story. I thought it was pretty funny.

View Finder series - this is definitely a MUST read.... Asami, Akihito, and Feilong.... the 3-P of my dreams. :cuteonion57: I've re-read this series at least six times.

A Cruel God Reigns - This I believe is a classic and was written by one of the women who are considered the "founding mothers" of the shounen ai genre. Moto Hagio-sensei has my deepest respect because I find her works amazing. Anyway, this one has 90s artwork (cause it created in the 90s) however, I find myself in a love-hate relationship with the artwork. I don't like the 90s style of art. I find myself hating the character designs but at the same time loving how the author is able to create such disturbing and emotionally touching scenery. The story is very dark and emotionally heavy. I cried. I cried. I cried. I swear I cried. This manga did not pull at my heartstrings - it yanked them out.

Now others that I would recommend that might not be so well known (as in not the first thing people type when asked for recommendations):

Super Lovers - A really cute story!

Private Prince - This one is not completely scanlated but the parts that are available are really good.

Love and Desire In a School - definitely a must read but it hasn't been completely scanlated... the cursed fate of a yaoi manga reader. It follows the stories a several different couples who attend an all boys school that designed to teach boys everything they need to know to enter the workforce as sex workers (and this does include hosts as well).

Rules Universe - This manga series is definitely good. The main gist of the story is about a boy who is trying to come to terms with his sexuality. It's a really, really, really good slice of life story. The other stories in the series just shows how the characters are connected: like how they met, how relationships started and ended, and so forth. Really, really, really good series.

Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai - it's on my must read list but I think this one would be a hit or miss with most folks. It's a yakuza themed story and it's pretty dark. The main characters are all screwed up in the head. The main character (who's never been in love with anyone other than his best friend) is a yakuza boss that is also a sex-addicted, homosexual masochist that'll screw anyone except his underlings. And I will say that while the yakuza boss is a masochist sex wise, he's kinda a sadist personality wise. Anyway, he hires a new bodyguard, that is impotent, and the bodyguard has fallen in with his masochist boss. The actual manga is better than my summary though. It's kinda humorous, kinda disturbing, kinda hot all in one.

Aitsu no Daihonmei - This one is just too cute! It's the story of Yoshida and Satou! Satou (a sadist) is very popular among the girls of his school but he's in love with Yoshida, the least popular guy. Poor guy always gets called ugly and beat up on by the girls. However, Satou is very tight-lipped about his past.... hmmm... I love how he constantly picks on Yoshida. It's a really cute story!

Oh god.... There's so many! In no particular order

Must Reads:

Hydra and Rules (Rules is a spin off of Hydra)

Viewfinder

You don't know me (technically manhwa)

New York, New York (Cried like a baby at the end! in a good way)

Doushitemo Furetakunai

Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi

A Cruel God Reigns

Yatteraneeze!

Highly Recommended:

Haru wo Daite Ita

Future Lovers

Abiru Junjou

Calorie

Dog Style

Scarlet

Fake

Jigoku Meguri

Elektel Delusion

Desire

Darling

Aijin

Karamete de Kudoite

I'll stop now...

• 4 weeks later...

well mine are :

- all of yamane ayano's (it just she's so great at making story hahaha, I love it)

- Totally Captivated (so heartbreaking ... I almost cried when I read this one. and cuz I have it on my file so I read it over and over again until I lost count how many I've read it nyahahahaha)

• 4 months later...