Parallel Worlds - Hypothesis

Saga

Greetings. From Earth, 7th of August 2016.

Earth, that Earth with seven continents and five oceans. That Earth which I from today exist in, or at least the me who is sitting on my chair in a room with blinders almost half way down in a town which I wouldn't call something special, having a smoke while typing..

What are parallel worlds?

The first time I heard about it was, hm, second grade high-school? I've read many books about it,

I've seen adaptations, documentaries, and presentations. So I'll try to describe it my way.

This is Earth. We have almost seven point half billion people in the world - some are rich, some are poor, some are healthy and some are sick. This is Earth. A place where it can be sunny, it can snow, it can rain and it can be windy, too. Earth - where people chase after dreams, goals, evolution and revolution.

Some say that Earth is oval, some believe it is almost a pear-shape form and some are convinced that Earth is flat. But nonetheless, we all call it 'earth'. Similar to how we know what black and white is, or at least we believe that my black is your black and your white is my white.

So, you are reading this post now. The you who lives on Earth, in a big city, town or not so big but rather quiet place, regardless, you are reading. Now, multiply that "you" ten times.

There are ten you's now. Next, multiply that ten more times, then ten more times and then ten more times, and more, more...and more.

Until infinity.

Imagine how a huge row of an infinite 'you' came to be. However, each of these 'you' 's won't be reading my post now. One will be on a trip, other will be having a meal, third will be rejoicing, fourth will be having the first heartbreak, fifth will be putting a wedding ring on, sixth will be on a funeral, seventh will be reading the newspaper, eighth will be already dead and all the rest will be doing (or not doing) all possible things in this world but never duplicating the you from Earth where you are reading my post. So you, the one reading my post, is the only 'you' in this universe wherein right now you think of your parallel self.

That's the parallel worlds. Many 'Earths' and many 'yous' but none of them will be a duplicate, each will be unique.

That hypothesis actually is kind of scary, in its own way.

I mean, all possible scenarios that could be played for you, for me, for him and for her or, for the world we live in.. are already playing or have been already played.

It kind of makes you think, the me from here and today what am I supposed to play out as a scenario? Am I supposed to do that choice? And when I make it..does it change the scenario of me in all other worlds? ..Or..the other me's are changing the scenario themselves? It's like a chain..no, like a domino. Or..maybe it is like the chasing colors of a Rubik's cube. ..You name it; it's kind of mind-f.cking.

So, what do you think one of your parallel selves is today? Where do you think you are living? In a famous country or not so famous? Or probably in a country that exists only in 'that parallel world'?

But the real question is, which actually makes me wonder, am I still me in these hypothetical worlds? My personality, my morals, my views, my mind and anything that makes me what I am.

Probably the answer is, yes and no. Which again, is scary.

I don't really like that hypothesis though it is really getting the hot spot for these recent years.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• Dai

• Sai-Miyoshi

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting is also that some say that this is actually already he case, yet those parallel earths are merged together as one and everyone is actually one :3 I liked that thought :3

It's a complicated theory and yet it makes sense. I wonder if each of these "me"s is different. It would be logic for all of them to be different to see how "I" act in various situations and with various personalities. If all would be the same, I don't think parallel universes would have a role, and a logic. The theory however makes me feel as if I'm not exactly "me" because in fact I could have so many different personalities, so the current one that is writing here is not my natural, my only, absolute personality.

It's a complicated theory and yet it makes sense. I wonder if each of these "me"s is different. It would be logic for all of them to be different to see how "I" act in various situations and with various personalities. If all would be the same, I don't think parallel universes would have a role, and a logic. The theory however makes me feel as if I'm not exactly "me" because in fact I could have so many different personalities, so the current one that is writing here is not my natural, my only, absolute personality.

Exactly. The question then would be, "Which is your absolute 'You'?"