A Singer's Downfall [KiraMidnight and Noise Prince]

Noise Prince

AdOgfZv.jpg

Name: Inaba Kyou

About: He's an up and coming actor, currently playing a side role in a Taisho period drama, and though it is small, his character is a fan favorite and it's been very promising for the future of his career. He's known for being rather straight-lace, honest and serious, admirably so. But he also has a reputation for being a little odd, as he is straight forward with some of his more peculiar understanding of other people. So far this has only painted him as endearing, but his agent warns him to be mindful that it can get him into trouble. He tends to get fixated on certain things and gets attached or devoted quickly.

Kyou usually didn't attend large parties like this. It was supposed to be an 'intimate' affair, but when one had a lot of friends, intimate became something a lot more grandiose. He came because he really liked the person who invited him, who acted with him in a period drama, but he had barely seen him since arriving. Still, he felt it'd be rude to leave after only an hour. He looked at his watch. It'd been less than an hour.

He recognized a few people here, but they were more interested in people who had plenty to drink or were ready to do so, neither criteria did Kyou meet. So he wandered around, only making polite conversation with a few people in passing. Someone, surprisingly enough, came up to him and gushed about the show for a while, and how much she loved his character. It was very flattering, and not something he was used to at events or parties full of other celebrities of much more status than he did, so he was quite appreciative that she took the time to tell him. It was only after she had rejoined her friends that he noticed him.

Long, striking pink hair, a cool aura, a beautiful face. He immediately recognized the gorgeous singer.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KiraMidnight

• Noise Prince

0c0895818c9e2f60ae5e4c897bd96f66.jpg

Kira was wandering around the party, mainly keeping to himself, ignoring the whispers he heard as he passed.

He felt out of among all the famous actors and singers. He never goes to parties, this was his first. He only came to this party because his roommate made him go. His roommate was a famous actor and tried to set Kira on a straight path, but it didn't really work well.

As Kira walked he looked over and saw Kyou and showed him a heart warming smile

Kyou smiled back, almost feeling weak in the knees. He was really stunning when he smiled like that. He took a minute to reassess the situation. He'd been a fan of his work for a while, and due to his current problems with his reputation, his singing career was in jeopardy! Kyou had been trying to formulate a plan to approach him about repairing his social standing, but he hadn't expected to just run into him at a party like this! Was he willing to give him the proposal now? Was he ready?

His feet were already in motion as he walked towards him before he could decide what the answers were.

"Good evening, I'm a big fan of yours! It's an honor to meet you, Kira,"

Kira blushed lightly, not having met an actual fan in a long while. He felt a bit shy as he stood there with the young star, knowing his work as well.

"Evening, Kyou. I'm a fan of your work as well, you're a good actor"

Kyou's face lit up.

"Why, thank you! Of course, I think a lot of credit should go to the writers of the show for giving me such a compelling character," He told him modestly. "You write your own music, right? That's why I find your work so touching, it's your own. I'm envious of that sort of talent."

He was completely gushing. Someone with a sense of pride might suggest that he ease off a bit, that he was laying it a little thick. But Kyou really wasn't too subtle, the words formed on his mouth at the same time as in his head. Fortunately he tended only to have nice things to say.

Kira laughed a bit smiling happily at all Kyou had to say. He felt glad that someone could speak so honestly to him without holding back. He looked at him closely, admiring his looks.

"I love how honest you are with me, it makes me smile. You are a great actor, trust me. "

He felt a sense of happiness hearing the guys honesty, it was very refreshing

"That makes me very happy to hear!" Kyou told him. "I want to see you happy,"

It always struck him, even now that he's had his highest profile role yet, when people tell him that they like his work, that they think he is talented. Kyou's desire to do well was only fueled knowing that more and more people believed in him, watching, depending on him to perform well. He drew strength from this, to grow better everyday to pay them back. And hearing it from Kira only made the feeling more intense. 'Romantic Taisho' was a popular drama, sure, so it would make sense that there was a chance Kira watched it, but for him to say that he was a fan of him was incredibly uplifting. He'd admired Kira from the first time he saw him.

"You have no idea what hearing that means to me. Thank you, Kira,"

"I only speak the truth"

He said with a bright happy smile. Kira looked around a bit, and decided to get a drink, he looked at Kyou

"Would you like a drink? I'm, heading that way"

Kyou's smile widened. He looked at the direction of where the drinks were on display for guests to help themselves to. Kyou turned back to Kira and nodded, smiling.

"I could do with a drink," He replied to the stunning singer. Despite his reputation being the way it was, he was still presenting as glamorous as ever, he didn't shrink away. Kyou knew he could help him, though, and he was sure Kira would let him.

Kira walked away, again hearing the whispers people tried so hard to keep him from hearing as passed. He tried to ignore them but some comments hurt, they'd call him a slut, a whore, a poor excuse for a singer, the insults went on. He grabbed 2 drinks and went back to Kyou and handed him his cup "Here you go"

Kyou enjoyed a spotless reputation, and Kyou was relatively immune to such comments, and wasn't aware that people would say such things so shamelessly in earshot of Kira. He smiled to Kira when he brought back a drink.

"Thank you so much," He took the drink from his graceful fingers. He sipped it, it didn't seem to have much alcohol, if any at all. That was nice. He wouldn't mind drinking with Kira, but he did prefer nonalcoholic drinks. Especially considering what he wanted to ask Kira.

Kira smiled back as he took a drink of his drink, sipping it carefully to test the taste before drinking it. He hated alchol so this drink was perfect for him, considering it wasn't alcholic.

He looked at him "you seem abit distracted by something, is everything alright?" He asked a bit worried

Kyou blushed and smiled.

"Ah, I'm sorry, do I seem distracted?" He chuckled a little. "I'm just really excited to be able to meet you. I actually have something I wanted to ask you…" He said, leaning forward so he could say it a little quieter. "Do you want to leave with me? And find somewhere quieter?"

Kira turned a light shade of red and just nodded "yeah sure..." he was use to leaving with guys, but he had hoped Kyou wasn't that kind of guy. But he wasn't surprised.

"I'll follow your lead...just lead the way" he gave Kyou a soft smile as he stood there with the handsome young man

"Alright, stay close," He said. The room was pretty crowded and he didn't want to lose the long-haired man in it. They worked their way towards the door, a wall of silence hit them as soon as the door closed behind them. The air was very crisp and cool. He scanned the area, remembering how he saw cafe that was quite nearby.

"Would you like to talk over coffee?" He asked him. "My treat,"

Kira managed a smile "sure, but can it be coco instead i don't like coffee, it's too bitter" he sounded excited about a drink, his eyes shining like a kids eyes would in a candy store

"Of course," Kyou replied with a smile. "You can get anything you want," He gently led the singer down the block and into the small cafe. There was no one there so for a minute he was afraid that it was closed, but it was fortunately still open. Kyou quickly found what he wanted from their rather extensive menu, and ordered, waited for Kira to do the same, then paid for their drinks, and lead the man towards the back for privacy, in case other people did come in for a late night coffee.

He was starting to get a little nervous. He could wait, after all. He didn't have to ask him now. Kyou had thought earlier that it might be too soon. But he came this far, so he thought it'd be a pity not to say anything, and it'd be a bit shady to ask someone to leave a party with you to ask a question then not ask it.

"I think I have a solution for you." He told him rather abruptly. "Are you interested in a way to repair your reputation?"

Kira siped his coco, listening to Kyou curious to what he had to say. "I'm listening, go ahead and share your thoughts." He continued drinking his coco happily, enjoying the warmth of the drink as he sat there alone with another man he barely knew, but this was nothing new for him.

Kyou tapped the side of his own coffee cup twice in hesitant pause.

"Right… well, then." He took a deep breath. Maybe he wasn't ready. Maybe he wasn't ready. Maybe he wasn't re- "I was thinking it might be beneficial for you to move in with me." He asked him sincerely. "The more time we spend together, the more morally upright you will start to appear. And if we're living together, it makes us seem very close, thus our characters would be close as well. Then you also won't have to worry about having to continue any of your 'alternative' work in order to support yourself while your music career gets its feet wet."

He took a sip of his coffee.

"What do you think?"

Kira stared at him in awe and confusion. He smiled a bit, having never been asked such a question upon meeting someone. "Maybe that could work....I guess...but how would I support myself? My career has went pretty downhill so far...I can't even get a place to sing at right now, I'm not making any money..." He spoke the truth, looking down a bit ashamed of himself, it seemed his way of living was no secret even to Kyou, but he didn't want to drag this man down with him, and he was scared that that's exactly what he'd do.

(If my posts aren't as long as you want please forgive me, I've never been good at super long posts, but I'm really trying my best)

(Oh, please don't worry! I'm not wanting longer posts, I just tend to be a little long winded even when I'm trying to be brief!)

Kyou smiled, a bit nervously, waiting for Kira, who seemed so shocked, to answer him. His response was a very reasonable one, and Kyou hoped his answers were what he was looking for.

"No, you see, I'm not asking for you to pay rent. I'm not looking for a roommate… in the traditional sense." He explained to him. "I'm more than prepared to support you for the amount of time you chose to live with me."

Kyou was an optimist, and knew most people were, too. He had no worries about his own reputation when it came to if people will view him as less. He believed people were more willing to keep seeing the good in him, and start changing their opinion of Kira, and see him as having a better character if he was associated with someone else they all seemed to think was of good moral fiber.

"If you're worried about this sort of exchange, don't worry. I'm not going to expect you to ever sleep with me as a form of payment." He whispered, leaning over his coffee.

Blushes darkly and slightly smiles a bit uneasily. "Well, okay then, I'll move in with you." Smiles a bright smile and yawns a bit

A smile spread over Kyou's lips.

"Ah, so that is it, then?" He asked, holding his coffee in his hands, but not drinking from it, a little shocked that Kira gave him such an answer so quickly. Kyou was planning on telling him that he didn't have to decide right away, and that he could have plenty of time to make a decision. But here he was, alone in a coffee shop with him, and he agreed to move in with him.

Kira just smiled "Sure. I don't have much stuff, just my clothes, all my other stuff in in storage collecting dust" He laughs happily and sips his drink. "If you don't drink it, it'll get cold." He says smiling

"Ah, well, I've cleaned out a storage closet in my apartment for your clothes. And if you would like to visit, and see if there is anything in storage you'd like to bring in, we could arrange that to be soon."

Kyou nodded, and took a long, thoughtful sip of his coffee.

"I've mentioned this to my landlord, so it shouldn't take too long to make arrangements for you to move in." He added. His landlord knew Kyou was considering a roommate, but certainly not who that roommate was.