Nephylym

Yukio Takamiya

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjxqYromd_KAhWGupQKHUSqA8wQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.roleplaygateway.com%2Froleplay%2Fouran-hostess-and-host-club%2Fcharacters%2Fkida-ryuugamine&bvm=bv.113370389,d.dGo&psig=AFQjCNEbQLl-z0fy0sOCU_4CbkoYG1KzrQ&ust=1454712838398309

Name: Dion

Species: Nephylym

Dislikes: Humans, rain

Personality: Dion is what one might call a stubborn person. Once he makes up his mind, no one would be able to persuade him otherwise.

Dion grew upin a small Nephylym village hidden within the confines of a large and dense forest. But all that ended when the humans found them and took everyone before burning the village.

--------------------------

Dion woke up in a cage. The first thing he saw were the bars, then the hundreds of mask wearing humans who were staring at him. That's right, he had been captured, the whole village in fact. Just then, the auctioneer spoke.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have here a beautiful male Nephylym. As you can see now, he has taken on the form of a very attractive lady, but when night falls, you shall be even more enchanted than you are now. Bidding starts at a million gold.

Everyone started shouting their prices and eventually, he was sold. The man who bought him was old and fat with a perverted look on his face. They sat in the carriage with Dion's hands bound by ropes and the old pervert shifting closer to him. Dion shuffled backwards until his back hit the door, he could smell the guy's garlic breath and almost retched.

Finally, Dion could no longer take it. He pushed the heavy man off him with all his might and kicked the door open. He started running and the footmen started chasing him. However, growing up in the forest made him much fitter and faster than them, they were soon left in the dust as Dion ran deeper into the forest.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukio Takamiya

• Raychu

True Form

kcjjw7.jpg

Female Form

288s42.jpg

Name: Basil

Nickname(s): None

Race: Nephylym

Height: 5ft 9

Birthday: October 11th

Sexuality: Bisexual

Hair Color: Coffee brown

Eye Color: Hazel

Extra:He usually wears darker clothes so that he can blend in with the shadows of the forest better, tries to keep himself looking neat and clean.

Personality: Optimistic, Free-Spirited, Joking, Loving, Empathetic, Considerate, Protective, and Honest.

Dislikes: Fire, small areas, bright flashes of light, and thunder.

Bio: Basil always was a free spirit, never having a care in the world. He never got to interact with his own kind much and usually lived in the forest by himself. He got into the habit of stealing but he made sure to be hidden when he did. He didn't want to be caught by humans, hearing the stories of how they treated Nephylyms. He tends to hide day and night in the footrest unless he needs to go out for food. He loves to steal chocolate, his favorite treat. He doesn't give up on anything or anyone. He rarely ever gets angry at people because he's too forgiving. Since he's never had a bad experience with humans yet, he is over trusting with them. He never saw a problem with giving them a chance, but it never seemed to backfire on him.

Basil sat against a tree humming a small tune. It was slightly chilly but he didn't mind, he enjoyed these kinds of days. He never had to worry about getting caught in this part of the forest, nobody ever came this deep in to find the Nephylym. Though it tended to be a long walk to the nearest village he didn't mind, getting food came with a price. He looked at the squirrels running down a tree, smiling wide at them. He loved the beauties of nature, it was so peaceful. It was the perfect place to live, no one to bother you, no crimes. Though it did get quite lonely being all by yourself with no one talk with.

To be honest, Basil was driven insane some days with the quiet world around him. He would've rather had someone talking his ear off than having nothing at all. He could talk to the animals like humans but they never responded back to him the way he wanted. He needed a friend, but where was he supposed to find one in a lonely forest? He sighed out loud, the quiet world getting to him yet again. He really wished he had someone to talk to, or maybe he should just stroll into town and attempt conversation with the humans. It didn't seem like that bad of an idea, they just couldn't figure out he was a Nephylym.

Basil shot his head to the side, hitting it again the tree. "Owie!" he pouted. He heard the cracking of branches, maybe it was just another wolf. It usually was when that loud of steps. He rubbed the side of his head that he hit, feeling a small bump forming. He went back to his own thoughts, playing with a small lead on the ground. He was bored out of his mind but he would just deal like he did everyday. He had a place to live in safety, he was extremely thankful for that. He would never complain even if it was boring, it was his home. He needed to respect it as it respected him.

Dion panted as he ran through the forest, only when he felt completely safe did he allow himself to stop running. The humans were more terrifying than how his parents described them when he was young. He couldn't the image of the man's leer and excited pants of breath which smelt like garlic. His heart pounded whenever he thought of it and the urge to empty his stomach came. It was pure disgusting, so disgusting that Dion would have killed himself had he been touched by that lout.

Dion walked through the forest barefooted, his shoes removed before he was auctioned off. He just hoped that they wouldn't come looking for him since such a large amount of money had been spent to buy him. He stopped and looked down at his clothes. The humans had dressed him up in revealing clothes to make him look more 'appealing' for sale. His 'breasts' were half on show and so were his slender legs. Not only were the clothes revealing, they were also thin and Dion was cold.

As he walked, Dion accidentally stepped and broke a branch. The wood splintered and stabbed his foot, " Aagh," he winced and continued to trudge forward. Limping with his bloodied foot, Dion came to a slightly less dense area of the forest. There, he saw a girl almost as beautiful as himself, or rather, a Nephylym male.

Basil grabbed a twig and snapped it in half out of boredom. He set the halves down, grabbing another twig and repeating. He did his multiple time trying to entertain himself with the noises of the snaps. He stopped after a bit, finding it to be even more boring then just sitting there in his own thoughts. He sighed, dropping his head down, staring at his lap. He was in his female form which would make extremely difficult to stroll into the human village without being noticed in an instant. Every human knew a form as gorgeous as this was never as normal as it should be. Why is it so hard to be another race, different from the humans? What did the nephylyms do to deserve Everythigj the humans put them through? It wasn't right. How could one justify that is was? The simply could not but only nephylyms would see it that way.

Basil lifted his head, roaming his eyes over the forest. He moved his eyes last a shadow in the trees, quickly shifting them back. He couldn't see the shadow in which terrified him. He wasn't sure what to do, no human had ever come this far, so why now? He stood up, tensing, keeping his eyes on the shadow. He stepped a bit towards it, trying to get a better vision. He swallowed hard even with nothing in his mouth. He was scared that someone had spotted him after keeping himself hidden all these years. He could feel his body shaking with the fear of having to start running. His mother's words rang in his ears, the ones she said before she suddenly disappeared. Never trust a human but never be too quick to judge. Some are bad but some are good. This world is full of mysterious people.

"H-Hello...? Is anyone there? I promise I won't hurt you," his high pitch voice going higher in panic. What made him feel so uneasy was the fact the shadow didn't move away or towards him, it just stood there staring at him. He frowned, not I doing what else to say. Maybe if he showed kindness they wouldn't harm him. He had a lot to live for before he died, he couldn't die by the hands of evil. He stepped forward once again, gaining more confidence. His stomach felt queasy but he looked past it. He could never be one to judge one by their appearances, he himself was constantly a victim of that.

Dion stood in the dark motionless watching the Nephylym snap twigs in boredom. An unknown emotion rose in his chest, the Nephylym reminded him of his now extinct village. Seeing another of his kind made him happy and relieved to know that not all Nephylyms had been captured yet. He had never known any other Nephylyms outside of his village, this to Dion was new. He stepped out of the shadows when he saw that the Nephylym had started to panic.

"Not to worry friend, I mean no harm,"he shouldn't look human to the Nephylym right? Dion limped towards the Nephylym slowly to not alarm the other. "I am not human, please do not fear me," he continued. Slowly, he came towards the latter and stopped in front of him. "Such a pleasure to one of my kind out here," Dion said and the memory of his village flashed in his mind again. He glanced down at his body again then looked up at the Nephylym again. "I apologise for my appearance, just ran into a bit of trouble."

Basil loosened up, smiling wide, seeing the other Nephylym walk out of the dark. He had never seen another of his kind excpst for his mother but he knew this was a Nephylym male, like himself. He felt a sudden urge to hug the person in front of him, feeling the warmth from another person that he hadn't felt in years. He missed the warm hugs he was given by his mother before she left. He looked ove th clothes the other was wear, frowning at how much it showed. "Human troubles I would assume. His is this appealing one bit, it looks weird," he said in an irritated tone. He hated the thought of humans dressing the Nephylm up like they were dolls, it was just a horrible thing that existed in the life of both races. This is what made many hate humans but he wouldn't ever judge them completely unless they showed some sort of problem that could never be changed.

Basil looked at the bloodied foot, widening his eyes in panic. "Oh are you okay? Your foot looks terrible! I help you if you'll let me!" he said in one breath. He hated the thought for his poor boy in front of him being in pain. He didn't care where the injury was obtained he just cared about getting it treated immediately to avoid any sort of further damage such as infection. Basil grabbed the slim wrist of the other, tugging it slightly, trying to see if he got an approval for helping him with the injury. He couldn't leave it alone but he wouldn't force the boy to deal with himself getting helped. He wanted the boy as comfortable as possible, especially after the fact he had some troubles already, assuming it was the humans that caused him such pain.

Dion smiled at the Nephylym's comment on how the clothes style was weird on him, he couldn't have agreed more. He rubbed at his arms uncomfortably and unconscious glance back the way he came from. Somehow, he had a feeling that the humans were still coming after him but shook the thought away. There was no way that they would enter the forests especially one as dense as this, humans were far too pampered to risk getting lost in a forest.

Dion looked at the Nephylym in shock when he grabbed his arm. But at the slight tug he understood what the Nephylym was trying to do. He winced at the pain in his bloodied foot and nodded to the other with a pained smile. "If you would, thank you," he replied. Dion followed the Nephylym deeper into the forest and observed his surroundings as he went. This forest was foreign to him, its routes completely different from his own home which has now been colonised by the humans. However, a thought suddenly came to him. How could he have been so rude as to not introduce himself to his benefactor?

"I am Dion by the way. May I know your name?" He asked softly and as politely as he could. His village had been all about respect and manners ever since he was born. The kind of speech one should use when talking had all been pounded into him as well as the cruelty of the humans. Dion swore to find his fellow villagers and rescue them. As long as even one of them remains alive, he wouldn't give up.

Basil was delighted that the boy was allowing him to treat the wound. He began walking through the forest, looking at the trees for small symbols he put. He used small symbols to tell him where his underground house was. He always got lost wihtout them and it would take days just find it again. Since he never worried about humans coming through he left the symbols untouched. Even if humans were to come through he doubted they would understand what the symbols were actually for. They constantly over analyzed little things that were simplistic and the answer was obvious. He looked back a couple times to see if the boy was doing fine, he didn't want to push his foot knowing it was injured. He'd feel horrible about it. Causing someone pain wasn't something he did, it was cruel to even lay an aggressive finger on a person in his eyes.

Basil's smile grew wider as the big introduced himself. "It's nice to meet you Dion, I'm Basil," he replied in a cheery voice. Looking around he realized how close they were to his home, nodding his head at the trees as they passed by. "We aren't too far now. I have food and drinks if you need something. I'm kind of low but that doesn't matter! I can easily go steal something from the humans." He laughed, he never saw stealing as wrong. He needed to eat, the only way he could obtain his food was to steal. He didn't do it for thr thrill, he did it to survive. He saw a huge difference between the two, wondering why humans didn't care if the one who stole for food was starving. But he never saw many nice humans who did care for the less fortunate, but he did. He constantly would steal for a homeless boy or two when he had the chance. He never revealed himself but he still have them the food he got. It was his way of showing that even though they were humans they still deserved to live and not die of a cruel, painful death like starvation.

Basil walked over to where his home was, crouching down and lifting up the top. He looked at Dion's foot in concern. Would he be able to make it down? Basil doubted it, it would just irritate the foot even more. He went sure what to do, the only way was down the ladder but the other boy would not be able to do it. Basil wouldn't let him either knowing how much more pain it would cause him. He looked up at the boy, frowning. "How are we going to get you down? I don't want you using the ladder while your foot it still in pain," he said in a glum voice. He should've thought this far on what to do but he overlooked it. Now he was in a sticky situation that he didn't prepare for.

Dion continued to limp as he listened to Basil speak. However, he frowned when Basil mentioned stealing, still he let it go. After all, Basil was stealing to survive. Best of all, he was stealing from the humans, there was nothing wrong with that in Dion's eyes. The humans deserved the worst punishment anyone could give and getting robbed was the least of that. "Stealing from the humans huh? Personally, I wouldn't encourage stealing, but I'm not about to stop you on this one," he mumbled.

When they reached Basil's home which was more like a hole in the ground, they were faced with the situation of getting Dion down. Dion stared at the hole, deciding on how he should get down. Was it possible to just rely on his hands to get down? There was still the possibility of falling. Dion looked at Basil,"why don't you go down first and prepare to catch me if I fall."

Basil frowned at the thought of having to catch Dion if he fell. That would mean the other boy would be using his injured foot to go down the ladder, which he did not want. He violently shook his head side to side, meaning no. "I can't do that! You'll be using your foot! That'll make it even more irritated, it could get worse if you hit something, I simply cannot allow you using your foot on that ladder," he said in a concerned tone. He was at a loss in what to do. It elusive been easier if it was the hand that was injured but alas it was not. He didn't have many options to get the boy down, but surely there was a way without the boy using his foot. It was getting dark and many wolves would come out at this time so they needed to hurry. He'd rather not have to fight off a pack of wolves smelling blood, or any of the animals from the forest. He didn't want to disrupt the peace that the forest held.

Basil stared at the hole in the ground, examining it. It was big enough to fit two people at once. He hit a fist in his hand, smiling. "What if I carried you down on my back? The hole is big enough for both of us to get down at once and I'm pretty strong, I wouldn't drop you," he said in a much cheerier voice. This way Dion didn't have to use his foot to get down, it was perfect. "You'd just have to take the duty of closing the hatch when we head down!" He voice was much more playful than she he was panicking about how to get the other boy down. He was sure this plan was fool proof. He knew he had enough strength to hold the bold as he went down, though it'd be a bit tricky making sure he didn't fall off.

Dion glanced at the hole again and frowned. It was indeed big enough for two people to go through at once but wouldn't it be rude for him to let the other carry him? He didn't want to seem like he was intruding. But then when he glanced at his still bleeding foot, he realised that he was actually in no condition to placed any weight on it. Dion felt uncomfortable but he nodded anyway. "I guess I could let you carry me,"he said. "But I'll have to warn you that I am rather heavy."

Dion limped behind Basil and placed his slender arms around Basil's neck. It would actually look rather weird to outsiders who didn't know that they were male to see two girls doing this. If they were in their true forms, perhaps it wouldn't look too weird. "I'm heavy aren't I?" Dion asked, resting his weigh on the other Nephylym.

Basil laughed when the boy asked if he was heavy. He was much lighter than a lot of hints he had to carry through the forest. He gained muscle with his day to day life. "Nonsense, you are very light. I appreciate you letting me carry you down. We would've been in more of a bind if you didn't," he said calmly. He put his leg into the hole, following after with his other leg. "You might want to try and wrap your legs around me so you get a better grip, I have to use my hands for the ladder so I can't hold your legs." He began to move down the ladder. He reached up quickly with one hand, closing the latch, locking it tight. He moved down at a fast pace, not wanting to stay in the higher part too long.

Once reaching the bottom, Basil leaned back, letting the boy drop onto his bed. "I have to go look for my supplies, just make yourself at home and don't use that foot for anything. Call if you need me." He walked into a spare room that once belonged to his mother. He turned it into a storage room in the span of the time she was gone. He knew she wasn't going to come back, he just never found out why. Perhaps she was taken in by the humans, perhaps she fled to another home. He would never know and he didn't want to either. He didn't want to face why she left, being kept in the unknown was peaceful for him.

Basil searched through many cabinets and drawers until he saw the calendula salve his mom used to treat his cuts and scrapes with. He grabbed the little tin and a cloth from another drawer to cover the wound with. He headed back into his room, setting the materials on his little table. His home was a decent size for being underground. He only had two rooms but they were quite spacious, his mother knew how much he hated small areas where he could not move freely. He hated being closed in a room where he could barely walk five inches in front of him, it terrified him. He made sure he had everything he needed before grabbing the tin and cloth, heading over to the injured boy. He kneeled down, examining the wound. He saw there was nothing in the boy's foot from stepping on everything when he gained the injury. He sighed in relief.

"This might sting for a bit but it will help, it should also numb the pain slightly," he said in a cheery tone. He lifted Dion's foot up, getting a glob of the calendula ointment on his finger, rubbing it on the wound. He felt the boy tense up from the stinging, shooting Basil with guilt. He didn't mean to hurt the boy but it was better for him in the long run, right? He wiped the excess lotion on his pants, grabbing the cloth, wrapping it around the boy's foot. He gently put the foot down, grabbing the tin and standing up. "Tell me if it gets worse, I have a lot of other things I could use if need be."

Dion held on tightly to Basil as he went down the ladder. He wrapped his legs around Basil's torso when told to but kept his feet as far as possible from the Nephylym's clothes so as not to stain it. After all, blood was extremely hard to wash off. When he was placed on the bed, Dion looked around the spacious area and wondered why Basil would need such a large space. Still he couldn't help but marvel at his brilliance for coming up with such a living method. If his village had been living underground, they would never have been found and eradicated by the humans. Dion really appreciated the other Nephylyms kindess and gentleness but he would have to leave once his foot recovered to reform his village.

clothWhen Basil returned with a tin of salve and a cloth, Dion brased himself for the pain that was about to come. The pain came but was also gone very soon just as Basil said it would. When the other Nephylym got up, Dion didn't forget to thank him. He sat on the bed obediently as told and waited for Basil to return. But as he waited, Dion started to feel the changes, it seems that night has fallen. His long butt-lengthed blonde hair retreated to just below his shoulders and his body became broader with lean muscles, not too buff, just right. His height also grew by a fraction and his facial features shifted to be slightly more masculine than his female looks. Dion looked down at his body and cringed at the clothes that were now a little too tight, he probably looked ridiculous. Dion hurriedly shedded the skimpy clothes and hid under the covers. He would have to borrow some of Basil's clothes when he returned. Speaking of Basil, he should also have transformed by now, Dion couldn't deny that he was looking forward to seeing his true form.

Basil neatly placed he tin back where it belonged. He always kept things organized and neat like his mother used to when she was still here. He felt he needed to carry on the that habit insisted of letting the room get cluttered. He glanced at the spare bed that was completely clear, knowing he had to sleep somewhere while the boy was here. He didn't know if he'd actually sleep in it rather than sleeping on the floor, it felt odd to sleep in a bed that did not belong to him. He only ever slept in it with his mother when he had night terrors. He frowned, peeling his eyes away from the bed, trying to make the memories of his mother go away. He realized it was night the moment his long brown hair started to recede back into his head. He could feel his slim and slender body becoming larger in the frame, losing any extra body parts the female form gave him. He felt his face becoming more masculine. His male form was a lot more buff looking then his female. He always wore clothes that would fit nothing genders so he wasn't constantly changing during those time frames, it was a hassle for Basil.

Basil walked out of the spare room once more, looking over seeing Dion hidden by the blankets on his bed. "Oh. You must need a pair of my clothes, right? You originally had on that odd outfit, but it was only meant for the female form right?" he asked, but his questions were rhetorical. Before the other male could say anything Basil was grabbing clothes from his drawers, tossing them at the boy. "They should work for both of your forms, so they'll last longer. I used to get clothes that only lasted me for the day; they ripped when I would change." He shrugged nonchalantly, turning away from the boy, allowing him to get changed. "Just tell me when I can turn around."

When Basil came in, Dion gave him a once over. As expected, Basil still looked as attractive as any Nephylym. He nodded in response to Basil's questions and caught the clothes thrown to him,"thank you." He held the clothes in front of himself and found that he could indeed use it for both forms. The size was appropriate and the style was suitable for both genders. He hurriedly changed into the clothes,"you can turn now,"he called to Basil after he was done. He picked up the piece of silk humans called a garment with two fingers and looked to Basil. "Do you have somewhere where you throw your trash? I would like to get rid of this thing."

When Dion had settled down properly in Basil's home, he realised that he couldn't really do much with his foot in its current condition. He could only watch as Basil went around doing his own stuff and not being able to help made him feel guilty for intruding. Fingering the hem of his new shirt, Dion spoke quietly,"umm, I'm really grateful for your help in my current predicament,"he paused, how should he go about this? "I know that my foot is injured but if you need any help with minor chores, I'd be happy to help because I don't reall yfeel comfortable staying here without repaying you." Dion had started to blush, it felt awkward talking like this. He wasn't used to it since Basil wasn't a Nephylym from his village which he knew well.

Basil turned around once given the okay to. He looked over the boy, nodding his head in approval. Dion was quite attractive and he was glad to see the clothes fit perfectly fine, he didn't need to make any adjustments. He scrunched his face when the boy asked where the garbage was, holding up the garments he came in. Basil walked over, grabbing the garments with his thumb and forefinger, walking over to th table and dropping them in a wooden trash can. His mom taught him to make all of the needed appliances of a home. It was useful in his day to day life. He knew how to see and tailor clothes if they did not fit him. He learned how to make herbal remedies. He felt prepared for life, but he never learned how to deal with the humans. He was lost in the dark when it came to them. Should he be scared? Should he be friendly? She never prepped him for the chance that one day he might run into one, and he hoped he never did.

Basil listened to the boy as he spoke a oh intruding and paying the brunette back somehow. Basil laughed shaking his head. "No worries! If I thought you were intruding I wouldn't have even bothered bringing you here! If you want to repay me don't use that foot until it's fully healed and just chat with me for awhile. I haven't had someone to talk since... some I once knew suddenly... disappeared," his voice got quieter at the last part, not like to talk about his mom. But he gave a wide smile, brushing it off. He sat in a wooden chair, staring at the boy. Basil hoped he would not leave so soon, but he also knew the boy probably would not stay. The brunette hoped he would consider it, he had room to house Dion in, it was safe. It was a perfectly great option to take. He wouldn't like though, he felt obligated to help Dion because he was his own kind, the kind he had not seen in years.

Dion frowned when Basil's voice grew quiet,"were they someone important?" Memories of his village returned to him. Dion could somewhat understand how Basil felt, losing his village overnight meant a lot to him too, everyone disappeared. He placed a hand on the Nephylym's shoulder with the intention of comforting him. He didn't remove his hand when Basil gave a him a wide smile though, he knew that the boy still felt hurt despite it being a long time ago.

Dion smiled sadly at Basil and shook his head,"but I can't stay here for long,"he said. "Until my foot is healed, I could keep you company,"he continued sadly. "I have to look for my fellow villagers and rescue them from the humans. As long as one of them remains alive, I must get them back and revive the village."he said with a determined gaze then they softened when he looked back at Basil. "You could come live with us if I succeed, I'm sure you would be welcomed very warmly and won't feel lonely anymore." But that was only if Dion succeeded, he might lose his life half way if he was unlucky. The humans were very dangerous and there was no telling what might happen.

Basil frowned when Dion asked if the person he lost was important. He felt a hand touch his shoulder making him smile slightly. "Yeah, they were extremely important. They taught me how to live and fend for myself. They... she was the savior in my life, but she ended up disappearing before I even turned eleven. Funny isn't it? How someone that you knew your entire life can just suddenly be gone overnight without a trace like they never even existed?" He sighed, wanting to change the subject. This is the most he had ever brought his mom up, even when talking to the animals of the forest. He hated trying to remember who she was or why she would've left, the thought alone could bring him to tears. He knew she didn't just let herself get captured, she was too smart for the humans, she had a purpose for leaving. She never told Basil, her own son, she betrayed his trust the moment she left for good.

Basil was greatful Dion had changed the subject, but it was no better than the the first topic. He did not want the boy to leave, especially when it could cost him his life with what he was planning to do. But Basil understood the boy wanted to find the people he once knew, it was a give for anybody. If the brunette knew a village of people he'd probably go looking for them as well. "You'll be gone in five days tops then, with the calendula salve, cuts heal pretty quickly," he said in a glum voice. He was looking forward to having someone to talk to for five days but he was not happy it was such a short amount of time. "I wish I could come with you but I enjoy my solitude. I may be lonely but I'd rather be lonely than cramped." He did want to meet other of his kind but he enjoyed just him and another person. When it became to crowded he'd feel awkward and unwanted. He had no reason to leave his place of safety to go live with others of his kind, he was happy where he was. Lonely or not he couldn't leave even if he was unhappy. He'd stay in his home hoping in the back of his mind his mother would return once more. "I guess I could say I can't leave even if wanted to. I'm bound to the memories of this home of mine, I'd be betraying it by leaving for another place. It may sound silly but I can't help it."

Dion looked down at his feet a little sad that Basil didn't want to leave. But he understood how the boy felt, he was devoted to his village too, which was why he wanted to get it back. "I understand if you wouldn't want to come to the village. But how about coming with me for a short while. You know, for a little adventure," he said with a wink. "I 'm sure you feel bored living here your whole life without knowledge of the world outside," he continued. Getting to know Basil and suddenly leaving like that seemed a little sad, Dion wanted to spend a little more time with his benefactor. "It may seem a little unnerving at first to go out to a world you don't know, but that in itself is an adventure," Dion was actua

ly trying to persuade Basil while trying not to seem desperate. Having one of his kind with him would actually give him emotional support although it seem a little selfish. "So whag do you say? I don't mind if you still don't want to though,"he said the last part sadly.

Basil pursed his lips at the Dion's words, giving a small 'hmm' response. They seemed calm but it was like the boy was desperately pleading for the brunette to tag along. He didn't want to say no to the boy, but he didn't want to say yes. He had everything he needed here, food, water, shelter, and warmth. Out there he would have nothing of that. He had a strange attachment to his underground home, leaving it for so long could cause him to break down. But he did want to go and see what the world was about, he was bored out of his mind, but that wasn't enough to make him want to leave his comfort zone. But at some point he needed to, this just gave him an excuse to do it. He wanted to meet the humans, he wanted to meet more of his kind, but was it all worth it in the end? He'll just return back to his old lifestyle once the adventure is up. But maybe, just maybe he won't return alone this time. "You have me hooked, I'm in. Plus I'll be able to find more recipes for herbal remedies, that'd be really useful when I return back," his tone playful. He gave a genuine smile, ruffling the other boy's hair. "Don't look so sad."

Dion did a fist pump internally. He gave Basil a large grin to show his happiness,"that's great!"he exclaimed. "And I wasn't sad,"he protested, refusing to let the Nephylym know that he wanted company badly. However, in his excitement, he accidentally thumped his foot painfully on the floor. "Aah!"he cried out in pain and craddled his foot. Hell, it really hurt, Dion could feel tears prickling out of his eyes. He rubbed it lightly to soothe the pain and blew at it at the same time. Trust himself to be so careless, specks of blood had started appearing on the cloth. Dion hid the blood away from Basil's eyes though, the guy had done enough for him.

"Where should I sleep tonight?" He asked out of the blue. It was getting really late and Dion could feel the effects of his escapade earlier pulling on his mind. He yawned, feeling the exhaustion take over him.

Basil wanted to grab and make sure Dion's foot was okay but the boy cradled it, holding it way from his reach. "Ah, are you okay? Be more careful, aggravating the injury more will make it a lot worse," his voice cracking with concern. He had plenty of herbal remedies to numb and cure a wound but it didn't happen overnight, it took a fair amount of time. The numbing would only take affect if you were careful not to harm it in anyway once more. "Just sleep in that bed you're on now, I'll probably just take the floor," he said in a cheery tone. He didn't mind sleeping on the floor if it was for someone in need of it, but he just couldn't bring himself to sleep on his mother's bed.

Dion wanted to protest that he was just a guest and should sleep on the floor instead. But he knew tnat Basil would reject because of his foot so he kept quiet. He let go of his currently hot and aching foot and slid under the covers. "Once again, thank you for all your help,"Dion said and yawned again. He placed his head on the pillow and was out like a light.

Dion dreamt that night. He dreamt of his village, happy and full of laughter without the humans to bother them. His beautiful parents looking at him with adoration and himself doing the same thing. Then the scene changed. The humans came. Everything was replaying by itself and Dion could only stand and watch. He watched as his parents struggled against their restrains and so did the other villagers, only to get beaten to the ground and taken away. Then he felt arms on himself, but he didn't fight. He let them knock him out because he knew that struggling would futile, he would still be taken away. The scene changed again when Dion opened his eyes. The image of the fat noble shocked him and he struggled. But this time he couldn't escape, for some reason, he just couldn't push the man away. Just as his clothes were being removed, Dion awoke crying.

Basil sat on the ground surrounded by blankets and pillows. He was carving a knife to be a wot to cut the roots he needed to collect. He looked over to see Dion thrashing around slightly. He was going to wake him but though against it. If he were to wake up the boy, then he could still be lucid and attack Basil. He continued to focus on his knife, waiting out what would happen with the sleeping boy. He himself knew the terrible nightmares, but he got over them after awhile. He would have them as a kid constantly, but he never remembered what they were. He saw glimpses of fire and bright lights flashing but that was all he could recall. His dreams were vivid but he could never recall the details of what had happened. His mother would soothe him, making him feel as ease. One day that just stopped and never happened again. He didn't remember much of his childhood before he turned eight, everything was a blur. His mother would say it was normal because of his age, but he never truly believed her. He felt she was hiding a big secret, but he wouldn't ask, he wanted to keep in his comfort zone. That's how he did when she was around, he turned a blind eye to be world around him. Yet here this boy was making him go into the world he tried so hard to avoid, it was funny actually.

Basil shot up from the ground when he heard the hiccups of crying. Had Dion woken up in tears? The brunette felt s stab of guilt in his stomach knowing he should've woken the boy up sooner. He rushed over to the boy, looking at him putting on a smile. "Hey, it's okay, you're fine. It was just a dream, nothing can touch you here. You're completely safe," he said in a soothing voice. He was imitating what his mother had done for him. He gently rubbed the boy's back, trying to calm him down.

When Dion was finally aware of his surroundings, Basil was beside him and rubbing his back. But for some reason, he found that it wasn't enough comfort. He reached up and hugged the boy, thankful for the warmth of the boy. The coldness from the human clothes were uncomfortable. He felt reassured by the boy's presence and believed him when he said that nothing could touch Dion here. Of course, the humans would never be able to find them underground, this, Dion was certain. But the security of Basil's home actually made him frightened to go out again even though he had to revive his village.

Dion let go of the other and wiped at his face,"sorry for doing that,"he said. "I needed it to be certain that my kind still exists," Dion felt insecurity. If there were no Nephylyms around him, he would question himself on where they all went and if they were still alive. He would get afraid that he was possibly the only Nephylym left uncaptured and was alone against the humans. "Thank you, I feel better now,"Dion said to the ither knowing that he was far from okay. He laid back down and closed his eyes but not daring to fall asleep.