He Came from the Ocean (Coffee-Tastic and Yukio Takamiya)

Coffee-Tastic

His eyes widened slightly and what Mar told him. Not about the ID card. He didn't care about that. He cared about how he could actually work from home just like Mar was... But there was one thing he couldn't do even at home with no 'cleaning' to do, no register duty, no having to talk to customers... He couldn't read. One of the employees he spoke with at a store asked him if he could help manage a website and he didn't know what that was. They showed him, but he only shook his head. It all looked like nothing but scribbles to him. "Mar... I need to read to go on a computer. I can't read. I fell four times today and almost fell more than that. I make people uncomfortable," he put his chin on Mar's shoulder, looking to the side, "This world isn't for me. I do not think there is a place for me in the job world. I wish I could be able to work with you, Mar. Truly."

The one thing he thought he could do was something he was no longer allowed to take part of. Nett thought he was okay with that, except it just made him really think that he was only good for staying home and laying in bed all day. That wouldn't do any good for them. That island wasn't cheap. It would take... a thousand five dollar bills to get it. That was going to take too long. "I can be moral support. It doesn't pay, but it means I'll be here with you..." That might make Mar happy for him to say, but that didn't satisfy him at all.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coffee-Tastic

• Yukio Takamiya

Mar smiled and rubbed Nett's head. "Moral support it is then. I can do anything as long as Nett is with me. As long as you're with me, I can overcome any difficulties." He closed his eyes in bliss. It was truly a blessing to have found Nett and he wanted to think that they could stay like that forever. "I'll earn lots of money. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get the island back when I turn fifty,"he said with a laugh knowing fully well that it was impossible. The island was worth more than he could count seeing as it was a location to extract one of the world's most important resources.

Just then, his head began to pound again. His hand moved from Nett's head to his shirt and squeezed the fabric. Nett would probably worry, he almost found out last time when Mar had been in the shower. Keeping his head in the crook of Nett's neck, Mar stayed silent as blur images once again invaded his head. They stopped and Mar let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding.

Fifty? Another fifty years? He hasn't even been alive for fifty years! Nett was thinking along the line of maybe a few months. How hard was it to get money for these humans? By that time, who knows what would happen! Mar might get bored with him, Nett's legs might turn back into a tail and so many other bad things. His merman heart hurt badly. No. He couldn't just sit in the house and wait for Mar to buy the island. He really did need to help. What would he do about that? Nett had to think more about it... right now, it was his time with Mar.

He soaked in the human's warmth, feeling his heartbeat against his chest. That beat started to go faster and that was just about when Mar grabbed onto his shirt. The suddenness whipped him back to reality, taking a minute to understand that the male in his lap wasn't okay. "Mar?" he frowned, hearing him take a breath, "Mar. What's wrong? Is it a headache again?" The human said how he got headache every once in a while... Even to him, it was clear this was different, "Are you sick?"

"No, I'm not sick. Just let me stay like that for a while okay?" Mar said wearily, the headache had drained him and he needed time before he would be able to stand again. He really didn't want to remember his past but it seems like the memories were forcing themselves into his head, blur or not. He wrapped his arms around Nett and hugged him tightly. He felt so uneasy, like as if all this would end soon. Mar's intuition had always been sharp, it was never good when he felt uneasy. Just like how he had felt uneasy earlier and found that Nett had been kissed by some anonymous asshole.

"Nett, we'll always be together alright?" He said this more to assure himself. Nett would always be with him, the merman promised that. He had never been this insecure, the images caused this. Did he need to go and injure his head again to make they never come back? Mar closed his eyes and breathed in Nett's scent to calm himself. If his intuition were right, then he would just have to make full use of the time he had with Nett. And fight whatever came to separate them.

He nodded, never thinking of parting his side for any reason. Mar's question helped him be assured that what they had wouldn't end. "Yes, Mar. Always." There wasn't anything in his life worth anything without the human. Mar could keep working, get a mate, or whatever humans did if things didn't go well. What was Nett going to do? He'd die being lonely or be bead because of being lonely. There was nothing. Absolutely nothing, on land or sea, that gave him such life in the same way Mar did. "I like you so much, Mar. He have to be together..." Nett spoke feeling both content of being able to say that and afraid of what he might have to do in order to keep it that way.

Close to Mar, he also stole his scent. It wasn't simple like the ocean. It was both the raging seas in a storm and the calm, flat water after the storm at the same time. It was a rather glorious kind of feeling and it came off of Mar. It made sense that it was him. If he focused very hard, he could even go beyond that. The smell of his blood and the fresh scent of raw goodies. It probably wasn't the healthiest thing to think about, but that's what came to mind recently. Nett let the negative thought leave his mind like the kind of wind that passes over his head on the beach. "Everything will work out. We'll take the cabin back... That is our plan." Failure of that isn't an option and neither is waiting for fifty years.

He knew that it wasn't possible to get the island back even if he worked his whole life but he nodded nonetheless at Nett's determined words. They stayed like that for a while as Mar felt the strength returning to his legs. Reluctantly pulling himself from Nett's warmth, he spoke,"the food has gotten cold already, we'd better hurry and finish up.

After clearing up, Mar got busy. Calling the company and getting information on the product he was supposed to sell. Soon, he would have to meet potential customers, the real job only started once he sold a few of the products.

--------------------

"How are the distributors doing?" Guy B spoke into the phone.

"They're doing fine President. A new one joined us a few days ago and we're preparing to have an account set up for him."

"Keep up the good work," the President said.

After placing down the phone, the door opened. "Father you called," guy A asked.

"Yes. I just want to let you know that you'll be in charge of the product distributors in future. Report their results to me every month." Guy B said.

"Father, I'm busy enough with school, right now I'm looking for my brother. I don't have time." Guy A's protests were waved off.

"Your brother is dead. Just focus on the company, it'll be yours in future. You're dismissed." Guy A left the office fuming. He would just have to deal with it then. Looking for Leo and coping with life at the same time.

When the meal was over, Nett put himself on the mattress and waited to be joined, except Mar looked busy. Nett was drained from walking around in the morning all by himself and the food was actually making his stomach upset, limiting him to tossing to one side and then the other. He was bored. He'd be bored every day until they were fifty and they were free from having to work. They as in Mar because he couldn't get a job. He couldn't get an ID because he wasn't supposed to ever identified or else bad things would happen.

Smelling Mar's scent in the pillow my smothering his head on the soft surface, Nett felt like he was going to go to sleep, except his stomach kept hurting. It was probably his fault for getting sick. When they went around outside, he liked to touch a lot of things. He probably got some kind of bug... Maybe he got a parasite from the man who kissed him. His mouth had tasted like those cigarettes and also just 'old'. He tasted old and ashy. There still was something good about it... It tasted like money. The guy's car was very shiny and he had so much money that he just willingly gave him five dollars for a quick kiss. A strange kiss, but it was still that.

Nett questioned himself and what to do about the note in his pocket with the address on it... but he got a real bad stomach sore just then. He moved his head to the side and looked at Mar on the phone, "...Hmh." He made a small grunt and got up from the bed, getting a paper and something to write with. On the paper, he drew himself with dots on his torso as 'pain', his stick figure-self making a sad face even though when he went to his human partner with the drawing and staring at the boy with intense eyes tagged with a straight face. He wasn't saying anything and he was just staring. So much staring all the time... He thought that maybe Mar could read his mind if he tried hard enough, because he didn't want to say anything and take him away from the things he needed to do for his job.

Mar said if anything was troubling him, all he had to do was tell him.

The company had given him a website to go to for information on their products. As he was reading, a piece of paper was placed in front of him. Mar picked up the paper and gave Nett a puzzled look. Why didn't Nett just talk to him. Looking at the paper, Mar saw a stick figure drawn there with a sad face and dots at the torso. Was Nett expecting to be praised for his art? Mar didn't think so. Was Nett trying to tell him something? The sad face indicated that Nett wasn't feeling very positive but what did the dots mean?

"Is there something wrong with your tummy?" Mar asked moving closer to Nett and placing a hand on his abdomen. "You can just speak you know. Don't have to draw something like this and make me guess." Mar smiled rubbed Nett's head again. "Not feeling well? You don't look so good," looking at Nett's pained expression and reference to the drawing, Mar was pretty certain that it was a stomachache. "Do you want to go to the toilet? If your stomach hurts, it means that you've either eaten something wrong or eaten too much. Just let it all out in the toilet."

"But I don't need to go to the bathroom," he lowered his chin and looked at his drawing. Mar had to guess what it was? It was clearly him with having something happening in his belly that wasn't fun. Was Mar claiming he had better skills that him? Was he? An elephant's trunk could produce better art than he did, sadly. It was a basic and easy to understand drawing but~ "Ow..." Nett frowned and lost his train of thought, his face turning a sickly shade of green with a hiccup, his stature caving in with the rumble he felt inside of him, "Ow. Hurts... Hurts..." Nett shouldn't have gotten up out of bed, standing and walking made his stomach even more mad at him. Sulking off to the bathroom, he felt how things were starting to come up out of his system. He just truly hated the feeling his throat head after throwing up. He couldn't tell a lie, when he was younger, he tried to keep it in his mouth when it happened, but he accidentally swallowed it. It was so gross and he wasn't looking forward to that again.

He closed the door behind him and did what needed to be done, drool hanging off his bottom lip as he tried to calm his breathing. Wonderful, his mouth tasted like it too. So his case was this as it stood. Something the man did to him or the food. The bad tasting kiss wasn't pleasurable, but he didn't get anything going down his throat to be swallowed... And with the food, he didn't want to eat it in the first place. He should have listened to his stomach when it said don't do it, Nett. The merman washed out his mouth and came out, pale, but at least not green. "What was that you gave me?" He asked, standing at the door frame of the bathroom, not going anywhere yet. There might be a second round.

When Nett had turned green, Mar panicked and ran after him only for the door to close in his face. "Nett! Are you okay?" He shouted while banging on the door. Was it something wrong with the food? Damn it! His merman was sick because of the food he bought. But Mar felt fine, so why was Nett ill? An allergy? Mar had never heard of an allergy to pork. Seafood yes, but never pigs.

The door opened and Nett emerged, the colour gone from his face. The sight of him made Mar's chest clench tightly. He was really ill because of him. "It was pork," Mar replied. The merman looked like he was going to barf again. "Nett, are you okay? I think you better stay in bed and not move around. I'll go to the pharmacy and get you some medication."

He was going to stay in bed for as long as he felt like it, but he just had to get up and upset his stomach didn't he? Nett took one of Mar's hands and took him along to bed as if he kid that needed an adult's supervision to do that. "Pork? I've never heard of that before," he mumbled, getting in bed and squishing his cheek on the pillow, "I'm sorry, Mar. I don't mean to worry you." To him, the pork tasted just as bland as the fish that he used to love so much. He loved to eat before. So with food tasting like nothing, he wasn't excited anymore to eat. It was just something he had to do or else his stomach would growl at him and hurt.

"Is there a medication that makes food taste better?" he asked. He was told how humans made medicines to make humans feel better. If he was a human now, those things should apply to him. And being able to taste his favorite food was something that would make him fell a lot better about this. "Or something like that..." He was also told that medicine wasn't magic, so it couldn't solve all the problems in the world. That was kind of disappointing to hear, but it made sense. "And can you get the mineral water too?"

He didn't want to pull Mar away from work, but if he wasn't feeling good, he knew there wasn't going to be much stopping him from trying his best to fix that.

"Medication to make food taste better? I've never heard of something like that to be honest," Mar said thoughtfully while playing with Nett's fingers. Mineral water? Wasn't that just water? "I'll get it. Just rest up and go to the toilet if you need to," Mar got up from the mattress and left the house for the second time that day. The pharmacy was closer to the apartment than the other stores. Mar got some analgesia and left in a hurry to get back to Nett. He could never calm down when Nett was alone.

But as he neared the apartment blocks, a car stopped in front of him and the sophisticatedly dressed old man from before emerged. "Aren't you the boy that bumped into the young master?"

"Uhh...is there something wrong?" Mar asked cautiously. Don't tell him that the bad tempered dude from before still held a grudge from being bumped into? How petty. Mar looked past the man at the car, the young man wasn't in there and he let out a relieved sigh.

"The young master got angry at me for stopping him from going after you and told me to keep a look out for you. He hasn't stopped looking for you ever since then," the old man said miserably. Mar was torn between running and comforting the old guy.

"Does he want to sue me so badly?" Mar asked. He took off before the old man could speak. The man took a while to register that Mar had ran off before getting into the car and giving chase. To lose him, Mar turned into a narrow street away from the road. Lucky for him, the street was a shortcut home and the old guy was too old to run fast enough. Mar reached home panting and moved towards Nett.

"There you go, some pain relievers and water," he said, taking the contents out of the bag and placing them beside Nett.

Nett wasn't going to sleep any time soon, so he waited there. He wondered where the pharmacy was if he was taking this long... Being alone, he closed his eyes and used his friends scent to calm down his body and upset stomach. It was proving to be an actual method because taking in the smell on each breath, his face hot it's color back and his stomach wasn't bothering him as long as he stayed still. Though, it was strange how he was salivating so much. He wasn't running a fever exactly but he was feeling hot inside. Mar, hurry up...

Speak of the devil, the front door opened and there Mar was. Panting and put of breath. "... Did you have to hunt to get this?" he asked, reaching his arm out for the water, "This is a human society, I don't think you had to run... I do appreciate it though." Nett turned off the cap of the bottle, sitting up slightly and drinking the bottle like a baby, except the baby chugged the water. He found out he really did like the mineral water. Nett lived in salt water and the whole texture of the bottled water was so magnificently different. He wished he could have been swimming in it in fact.

"How are you feeling?" Mar asked, a frown etched into his brows as he watched Nett drinking the water. Was it delicious to the merman? He seemed like he was enjoying it. For some reason, perhaps because they had been together for a while. Despite not having any real expressions, Mar could tell when Nett was feeling good or bad. Maybe it was because of the way his brows moved, Mar just knew.

He opened the packet of pills and instructed Nett to swallow it with the aid of the water. "Its a little hard to do so since its your first time taking pills but try not to bite it okay? It won't be pleasant if you do." Laying down beside Nett, Mar threaded his fingers through the merman's and pulled Nett's head to his chest with the other. "Sleep, you'll feel better once you awake."

Nett downed the pill and swallowed down the water. He had to say, the water helped him in a way by getting something fresh and cold in him. Sleeping was his original plan, but it had failed from the pain. It was way more promising now that his stomach got rid of the bad stuff and Mar was with him. Sleeping next to him always made him feel good, this time being no exception either. The merman's eyes closed and he gave a yawn, moving his head up and down slowly in agreement, "Thank you." Finally, he held the human's hand a bit tighter.

The 'ill' merman went to sleep slowly, in what he thought. He actually slept very quickly~ his body desiring the rest more than he knew. Nett hoped Mar was right about feeling better, because if he was supposed to be his moral support, he couldn't be bedridden... In his sleep, he drooled, his mouth unable to stop from salivating like a hungry animal. Nett still never had anything that appeased that hunger yet.

Mar smiled as he watched Nett sleep, saliva drooling from his lips. He actually thought that it was pretty adorable. Stretching over Nett, he took a piece of tissue from the side and gently wiped the drool away. He was perfectly contented with continuing to watch the merman in his slumber, pushing hair out of Nett's face occasionally and pulling the covers over the both of them.

He continued to watch Nett as time flew by, two hours had passed. It was also getting dark, perhaps they should just stay in bed until morning. Kissing Nett gently on the forehead, Mar rested his head on the pillow and closed his eyes.

Getting some good hours on him, Nett was sleeping with his stomach feeling better in the sense that it was clear of any pain. But it was also clear of any kind of food and his stomach wasn't happy about it. It swirled like the clouds of a hurricane and rumbled his body to the point of waking up. The sun was just rising, it too early for light to be breaking in the window, but the shade of blue outside meant it wasn't long before that happened. Nett was in deep sleep before he was awoken from the inside out, and he... yeah, he was pretty much asleep with his eyes open. The black pupils wide with his pale blue irises becoming a thin ring in comparison to the blackness.

That was out of the norm, but something that wasn't was his natural instinct to be as close to Mar as he possibly could. Nett put an arm around him and held him tight, binding him to his human form. The delicious scent from before was filling his nose again, it being the same relationship he had with fish, and in the dreamlike state of his, it was fish. Nett squished his lips onto the human's neck and licked the area closer to his shoulder, getting a feel for the texture. Soft, smooth and warm... He closed his eyes, relief being brought to him for finding out that he hadn't gotten bored of fish after all. Nett kept doing that until biting, and biting quite hard.

Mar was sleeping peacefully, something that started only after Nett came. He had gotten used to basking in the older man's warmth whenever he slept. He was vaguely aware of Nett moving beside him but didn't care much for it, simply moving subconsciously to wrap his arm around Nett. His tired mind also failed to register the wetness on his neck until teeth bit into it.

Mar opened his eyes abruptly and pushed Nett away, holding him at arm's length. "Ow!" He exclaimed, eyes wide and staring at Nett. Something was wrong with Nett, his eyes were weird under the dim light. Mar sat both of them up and stared at the blackness in Nett's eyes. Ignoring the pain in his neck which was probably bleeding, Mar shook Nett slightly,"Nett, wake up!"

Mar shaking him like that, he stiffly blinked with his mouth hanging slightly open from it. His eyes didn't change back to normal, the taste of some of Mar's blood fresh on his tongue. He licked his lips before rubbing his eyes, "Mar? Good morning, Mar," Nett swallowed the sweet taste and shook his head in attempt to wake himself up, "What's wrong? You..." He was able to focus more and immediately took notice to seeing red on his neck, staring at it for a few seconds, then turning to get a tissue too, "You're bleeding a little right there. What happened?"

He didn't think for a second that the bleeding bite was his fault at all. Nett would never do anything to hurt Mar... And why would he bite a person anyways? Merfolk didn't eat people, except maybe the foriegn ones. He heard they liked to be 'traditional'. That wasn't anything like Nett. He was the kind of merman that would give up life in the sea to be with a human, live with them in the city, attempt to get a job by himself and throw up after eating some pork... And now with the tissue, he reached to the mark to wipe it and hopefully get it to stop bleeding.

Mar shaking him like that, he stiffly blinked with his mouth hanging slightly open from it. His eyes didn't change back to normal, the taste of some of Mar's blood fresh on his tongue. He licked his lips before rubbing his eyes, "Mar? Good morning, Mar," Nett swallowed the sweet taste and shook his head in attempt to wake himself up, "What's wrong? You..." He was able to focus more and immediately took notice to seeing red on his neck, staring at it for a few seconds, then turning to get a tissue too, "You're bleeding a little right there. What happened?"

He didn't think for a second that the bleeding bite was his fault at all. Nett would never do anything to hurt Mar... And why would he bite a person anyways? Merfolk didn't eat people, except maybe the foriegn ones. He heard they liked to be 'traditional'. That wasn't anything like Nett. He was the kind of merman that would give up life in the sea to be with a human, live with them in the city, attempt to get a job by himself and throw up after eating some pork... And now with the tissue, he reached to the mark to wipe it and hopefully get it to stop bleeding.

Mar looked at Nett worriedly waved away the question. "Nett, are you hungry?" He asked, not really meaning it the literral way. He took the tissue from Nett and pressed it against the wound itself. There was something very wrong with Nett. Mar didn't know if he was still sick and the blackness in his eyes remained. "What's wrong with your eyes? Is that a norm for mermans too?"

He cupped Nett's cheek and drew closer. "Is there anything else about you that I should know?"

Mar's concern caught him off guard, because he just woke up and all of a sudden there was blood and the look of concern in the other's eyes. Speaking of eyes, he couldn't see what the boy was talking about, but he came closer, looking into Mar's red eyes. Oh thats what he means. Nett blinked a few times and leaned his cheek deeper into his human's hand, "No, nothing that really matters comes to mind... Are my eyes making you feel weird? It means I got excited." Recognizing that this was the issue, he took slower breaths in attempt to get his heart to beat slower, "I apologize. It must have been a dream that caused..."

He stopped and looked at the bite, his face growing with self-disappointment, "I probably did that, didn't I? I'm sorry," he looked down, "It won't happen again." Biting the hand that fed you, cared for you and protected you by accident wasn't a good feeling.

Mar didn't know what could excite Nett so much that he would bite something but he let it go. He smiled at Nett and pulled him into a hug. "It's fine Nett, you should go to sleep, its still early." He got off the bed and went to the closet. Opening a drawer, Mar took out a plaster and paste it over his wound.

While doing so, Mar's thoughts drifted back to Nett. His uneasiness was back twofold, just what was going on he didn't know anymore. He glanced back at Nett before turning back. Was something bad going to happen? Mar walked back to the mattress and laid down beside Nett again, pulling the merman close to himself and drifting back to sleep.

Sleep hadn't come as easily as it did before. Nett kept his eyes closed, but there was something keeping him up that made him so uneasy. It was a bit too pleasuring to be able to smell the blood, even if it was faint after Mar covered it up. Being awake now, he wasn't just going to bite him again. He was afraid that if he went to sleep again, he might to the same thing, so what he did was he waited some time to make sure the boy was asleep. When he was able to move without him waking, he wiggled out of his arms with his eyes innocently watching him to make sure he didn't wake.

When he was free, he stretched out his arms and started to walk to where he could find paper and something to write with. He drew a picture of himself with a straight face leaving the house on top of the page and then him coming back later when the sun was up. All he wanted to do was go on a walk, nothing dangerous. Nett wanted to fix his head with some fresh air, that was it. Nett got dressed in a new change of clothes and left the house.

There wasn't a lot of people around at this time, so he felt more calm. He wasn't going too far, just a few blocks up... A certain sidewalk was infamous for him, having tripped over one of the creases in the cement more often than he should have. With the guilt on his mind, he forgot about this certain place and tripped over, falling flat on his head. The concrete wasn't like falling on the ground on the island. It hurt a lot more and his head thumped painfully. The merman sat up and felt something warm coming down his forehead, "..." He touched it and saw how it was blood, "Oh... Ow."

"Hey!" A voice said from across the unoccupied street, "Are you okay?" The voice was coming closer and turning his head to see who was coming, Nett was surprised to see familiar blond hair and spring yellow eyes with green in them.

Nett looked at the blood on his fingertips and then up at the man again, "Um. No. I'm bleeding." The stranger held his hand out for Nett to help him up, then pulled out a napkin from his pocket, dabbing it on his head to clean up the leaking blood and then press it on the wound to stop the blood from flowing more.

"You're really calm for someone who's head is bleeding," he laughed, patting Nett's back, "Hey, my name is Greyson, or just Grey... If I'm not mistaken I've seen you before, havent I? Theres no way I could forget those eyes of yours."

Nett nodded his head and pointed at Grey's eyes, which were anything but what his name would suggest, "You too," those eyes weren't normal for human beings, nor was his own. Because he was sure that the both of them were actually of the same species, "You're from the ocean, are you not?" If that was the case, there was no need for him to keep wondering.

"I was going to ask you in a more casual way, but yes. Youre absolutely correct. Its nice to meet you..." He put Nett's hand on the napkin so he could hold it there himself, "What's your name, how are you adjusting to this lifestyle?"

"I'm Nett..." Meeting another merman up here was something he'd never expect, but it was nice. It made him feel like he wasn't alone... Mar didn't make him feel alone though. It was just better knowing he wasn't the only merman with human parts. "I'll tell you, but I should be going back home. The sun is rising and I promised someone I'd be back when it was up in the sky."

Grey smiled and started to pinch Nett's cheeks, getting nothing but his usual stare as a response to it, "Sounds nice, then! Lets go." Grey appreciated being trusted so easily. That made things easier for him.

They walked back, Nett telling the merman a lot more than he should have. He said how he and Mar lived together, how they'd be saking up money to go back to the island they first met on, that he tried getting a job with bad results, and finally how he couldn't find anything to please his appetite. That part interested Grey the most and made him grin, "Interesting... What have you tried eating exactly?"

"Just fish. And I tried pork yesterday, but it made my stomach upset."

"Pork isn't that bad. I like it," he shrugged, "I think your body is just grumpy. It wants something your not giving it. Something it needs more than pork."

They were getting up to the apartment when Nett perked up slightly, "What's that? It's not fish?"

He shook his head and crossed his arms, "Let you what. How about you come over to my house tonight and I'll make dinner for you. And your friend Mar too. Hows that sound? I promise you that you will enjoy it... Can I come by around 8 maybe? I have a car, I'd pick you up."

A merman that can drive one of those machines? That was really cool... "Yes. I'd like that. Thank you Greyson." With a light wave, Nett went inside, getting a smile in return from the older merman. It couldn't have been more than sixty minutes since he was gone, so he wondered if Mar was even still awake right now. If he was, he had new to tell him. If not, he'd attempt to make him a fish breakfast. It was the least he could do for biting him earlier this morning.

It turns out so that the entire time Nett was out, Mar hadn't awoken. But the absence of the merman beside him did have a reaction on his body. Without the familiar warmth and hug that they had when they slept, Mar couldn't stop tossing and turning subconsciously. His hand moved over the space Nett had been, patting for the merman only to meet air.

It wasn't until sunrise that his mind finally registered that something was amiss. Guess he really was tired. Mar opened his eyes to the empty space beside him and sat up. He walked into the toilet and found that it was empty and so was the living room. Just when his heart started to speed up, he spotted the piece of paper. Mar picked up the paper and looked at it. Nett should be back soon. As he thought this, the door opened.