A New Home (ChampionRed007)

Nicholi

Zachaeus took a few deep breaths before clothing himself. If the boy went into heat often, he wouldn't be able to keep his composure for too long. He washed up before leaving the bathroom, trying to make it seem like nothing had happened. The man put his clothes in the laundry and got two glasses of water before returning to the bedroom.

"Are you still awake?" He asked softly, entering the room and seeing Jaohan curled up into a small ball. The boy was ridiculously adorable. Curling up like a cat, his nuzzling, and his soft purrs. Zachaeus would have to learn to act responsibly around the neko or he would easily find himself doing something he would regret. Of course, he didn't blame Jaohan at all for what he was feeling or what just happened.

The man took a drink of water, the ring on his finger making a clinking sound against the glass. He set his glass down and approached the boy, gazing down at him. Zachaeus brushed the back of his hand against Jaohan's face before leaning down to kiss the boy's cheek. He slowly pulled away, looking at him with his handsome gaze.

The noble-like man gently put the glass against the boy's lips. "Here. You must be thirsty. The only thing you've had to drink was milk." Zacheaus found his free hand running a relaxing hand through Jaohan's hair, stopping to scratch his ears now and then. He had put on a pair of cozy pants, but his chest remained exposed. It was how he preferred to sleep. The muscles on his abdomen were firm.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChampionRed007

• Nicholi

Jaohan had been curled up into a tight ball and shut his eyes tightly. Hoping that Zachaeus wouldnt be able to tell that he wasnt really asleep, or that he had overheard the man in the washroom. When the other had returned to the room, he clinched his fingers under the covers. Trying to keep his body from flinching as if he were a child, guilty of doing something wrong.

However his ears gave him away when he heard the man. But when he felt the kiss to his cheek, he sat up in a hurry. In turn, causing his head to hit against the man's. A loud groan left his lips as he reached for his forehead. A soft whimper followed after when he looked up at Zachaeus, lowering his ears. He hoped that he hadn't hurt the man.

However, when the glass was pushed against his lips. He took ahold of the glass and slowly drank from it. His ears lowering when he felt the fingers scratching at them once more. Finishing with the glass, he let out a soft purr. But stopped when the man pulled away. His gaze lowered shamefully for a long moment.

"M-master... I didnt mean to.." He said softly. Keeping his gaze lowered for the time being. "I... I was looking for you to get something to drink. But when I passed the washroom. I didnt mean to overhear." He whimpered, curling up.

The man's face flushed in horror as he looked at the boy. "You mean... You saw?" Anger built up inside him, but not necessarily at the boy, just at the situation. "Tell me what you saw." He demanded, his voice building in volume. He suddenly turned away. "No, don't tell me what you saw." Zachaeus growled lowly. Couldn't he do anything in peace without the neko's snooping?

He ran a stressed hand through his hair as he tried to calm down. It was his fault that he had left the door partially open. The boy had only been walking by trying to find him, so he wasn't to blame. "Look... I'm sorry for raising my voice... That's just something that I didn't want you to see, but I shouldn't have been so angry... You don't hate me do you?"

"Wait..." He said after he had relaxed. "What is that you keep calling me?" Zachaeus' blue eyes widened curiously as he slowly walked back to the boy. He set down the glass of water. "You called me Master, Jaohan." Part of him felt foolish for how he had just acted in front of the boy. He should be someone that the neko could look up to. "Do you mean those words?"

Jaohan lifted his gaze to the man only to whimper loudly when Zachaeus began to raise his voice. Curling up into a tight ball and backing away slowly with his tail wrapped tightly around his waist. His ears lowered flat against the back of his head. "I... didnt see. I only hear-" He tried to explain himself. But he paused when he was told that the man didnt want to know.

Watching and hearing the man seeming to calm down after a moment. He slowly began to relax. He lowered his gaze to his hands that were clinching in the blankets. "I cant hate you. I just... felt bad is all. You got that way, because of me." He said softly. "Im sorry, I didnt mean to overhear." He whimpered.

But when he heard the next question that was asked. He paused for a long moment before lowering his gaze when Zachaeus came closer. Nodding after a moment. "I... dont call just anyone my Master." He said softly. "I told you, they have to earn that title from me." He whispered. "You have been kind to me, in more ways than I can count." He shook his head.

"You have done more than the other's could ever do. And I feel that you have earned the right to be called my "Master". You keep pushing yourself away because... Because I am not ready for certain things." He paused and lowered his gaze once more. "A true Master would be able to see that, to know when their pet is ready for them." He said softly. His gaze lifted to the man. "So far... all I see you as, is my Master."

"I don't blame you for anything." Zachaeus explained. "I just let my temper get the better of me sometimes.." He sat down on his own bed and took some deep breaths. "I hope one day you can see through my tantrums and not get scared. I really hate seeing you afraid of me."

It was soon the man's turn to listen and be calm. "I want to give you a better life." He spoke when Jaohan was finished. "That is my goal. To see you be able to act and live without fear or anything like that. I could never be mean to you or hurt you... At least, not on purpose." He sighed gently.

Zachaeus smiled sincerely for once, his features lighting up a bit. "I'm glad to hear that. It makes me happy, Jaohan." He stood from his bed and softly embraced the boy in his arms. "I'll never give you away, I'll never abandon you." His embrace became tight for a brief moment. "You will stay with me and never go back to those people, ever."

The man pulled away and knelt down to Jaohan, looking him in the eyes. "I really did pick the right one, didn't I?" He chuckled softly, feeling strangely happy. Zachaeus gave the neko's belly a soft scratch and kissed his soft ears, pampering him like no one else had.

Jaohan nodded after Zachaeus explained himself. Lowering his ears a moment, he had to lower his gaze at the comment. "It... will just take time, Master." He said softly. "Ive... just been treated badly for so long, that is just a reflex for me. When someone raises their voice, or starts throwing things. I cant help that part." He shook his head. "Just, be patient is all I ask. I know that I shouldnt be as afraid sometimes."

His ears twitched at the comment that he was given. Raising a brow at what the man was saying. "I know you wouldnt mean to hurt me, Master." He whispered. "And you have given me a wonderful gift. A place I can call home and not feel like I am living in a nightmare or a prison." He said softly.

He smiled when he watched the man's reaction to what he had said. But when he was suddenly embraced, he tensed a moment. But relaxed soon after, nuzzling at him lightly as he listened to the words. "I know... if you were going to send me back. You would of done it by now." He said softly.

But when Zachaeus had pulled away and kneeled down to his level. He blinked for a moment before hearing the words. His ears perked up at the chuckle. "Im... just me, Master. Nothing really special about me." He whispered. Tho, when his belly was scratched, he squirmed until his ears were kissed.

He felt happy in this place. As if he belonged somewhere now, and no one could take that from him. His Master understood him, and listened to what he had to say. That was saying a lot compared to the ones that tried to own him before. He couldnt help but purr in contentment.

Zachaeus gave a soft smile. "I don't expect you to make a drastic change, we have plenty of time. I just want to see you completely happy one day." The man gently scratched the boy's back when he was nuzzled. "But we will have plenty of time together for that to happen. And I also need to watch my temper." He admitted when he pulled away.

He softly laughed again. "Jaohan. Just you being you makes you special in my eyes. I chose you from many others." The man smiled at the neko's purring and tucked him into his bed. "You'll get to explore tomorrow. I bet you're excited, but you'll need some rest."

He stood, stroking Jaohan's head once more before climbing into his own bed. "You need a good night's sleep after such a long day." Zachaeus pulled the covers around himself and rested back on the comfort of his bed. "If you feel uncomfortable or start to have nightmares, just remember where your safe place is." He hinted that if the boy needed to crawl into his bed sometime in the night, that he could do so.

"Goodnight, Jaohan." The man turned out the lamp to make the room dark before he closed his eyes. The house was quiet and peaceful. A much better place to relax and sleep than a noisy auction house. Zachaeus eventually found himself drifting off to sleep.

Jaohan curled up under the blankets when he heard the man tell him that he had to get some sleep. A soft groan left his lips and he burrowed his face into the pillows. He knew that his body needed rest. But it was his mind that wasnt going to let him go to sleep so easily. His ears lowered against his head for a moment.

When he heard the man tell him that if he was uncomfortable or had nightmares that he was allowed to come to him. He nodded after a moment. "Thank you, Master." He said softly. He laid there in bed, closing his eyes in hopes that he was eventually fall asleep. The sounds of the clocks ticking away, and the unusual quiet noise that surrounded him, made him feel weird.

He eventually began to fall asleep, curled up in his bed. But as the hours went by, his mind went back to the auction house that he once lived in. Nightmares began to take place as he was repeatedly beaten for disobedience that he had not caused. It was when he was threatened in his nightmare once more that he woke up in a night sweat and a silent scream that wanted to escape his lips.

But no sound came out as tears rolled down his cheeks. His body shook and his eyes wide with fright. It took him a long moment to calm down, letting his gaze adjust to the dark room. A soft whimper left his lips before he climbed out of his bed and into Zachaeus'. Nuzzling up to the man.

Zachaeus slept soundly, eventually waking up to lay in a different position before going back to sleep. Of course, unlike the boy, he was used to his quiet and peaceful house. The man had left enough room on one side of the bed, figuring that Jaohan would need to come to him for the first few nights until he could adjust.

He suddenly felt the neko against him and slowly woke up. "Good boy." Zachaeus praised sleepily. "Now, I want you to think carefully about your nightmare and know that it will never happen again." The man opened his eyes to see Jaohan in the darkness of his room. "You're safe now."

Zachaeus pulled the covers around them both and held the boy close. His gentle touch went from wiping the tears from the neko's eyes to softly scratching his back. "You can always come to me, even if you think the reason is too small." The man kissed Jaohan's head and closed his eyes again, smiling slightly.

He let his hand rest on the small of the boy's back as they settled back in. "Are you okay now?" Zachaeus wanted to make sure before he fell asleep again. He waited for an answer, opening his eyes to look at the boy so he knew he had his full attention.

Jaohan's ears twitched when he heard the man. A soft mew left him only to open his eyes to Zachaeus. Nodding after her heard the man's words. "I know..." He said softly. "I really am trying, Master." He whimpered softly. Sitting on the bed with his gaze lowered, but he ended up curling into a ball.

Being covered up and held close. He slowly relaxed. His gaze staying on the man for a long moment when the tears were wiped from his face. Nodding when he heard the comment about trusting the guy and coming to him when he needed to. He knew that he could trust Zachaeus, and he was trying to rework his mindset from when he was in the auction house.

Relaxing more into the bed, he had closed his eyes to get some much needed sleep. Only to have his ears twitch at the question. "Yes, Master. I am alright now." He said softly. Closing his eyes once more. He let himself drift off to sleep rather quickly. It was clear that he was more exhausted from the day's events than he shown.

Jaohan had woken early that next morning. His eyes opened to stare at the ceiling rather confused that it looked differently than the auction house. It hadnt dawned on him that everything that happened the day before was real and not a dream. His gaze turned next to him to the man that was laying beside him, at first he felt the fur on his body stand on ends and a soft hiss began to escape his lips.

That was until he recalled what the other had told him the night before. Lowering his ears shamefully for forgetting that he was no longer in the life he use to live. That this man had given him a good home instead of the horrible nightmare that he was constantly waking up to each night.

Zachaeus heard the mewl and smiled, petting the adorable boy. "Good. Then you can go back to sleep now. Nothing will harm you." The man whispered softly. He was relieved that he could help calm the neko. He rubbed Jaohan's back until they both started to drift back to sleep.

The man was sleeping peacefully the next morning until he heard the hiss from the boy. His nerves jumped and he stayed on edge as his eyes opened to look at him. "Jaohan?" He asked, wondering if he had rolled over onto the boy and squashed his tail or something. Zachaeus ran a hand through his hair as he tried to calm down. It wasn't exactly his favorite way to wake up.

He let out a sigh and sat up tiredly. "Are you alright? I didn't hurt you did I?" The man gently pulled the boy into his lap, petting his head and soft ears to relieve his stress. Zachaeus wasn't someone who preferred getting up early in the morning, but he would adjust to whenever Jaohan needed him. But the man wasn't mad surprisingly. If it had been anyone else besides the neko, he would have had a quick temper.

Jaohan's ears stayed lowered when he heard the man awaken. He hadnt meant to wake the man. But it was a surprise to him that he was no longer in the auction house. Letting a small groan leave his lips as he was pulled into the other's arm. He lowered his gaze. "Yes." he said softly. "Im alright."

Shaking his head after a moment before speaking again. "I just... forgot that I am no longer at the auction house." He said softly with another groan leaving his lips. "Im sorry for waking you, Master." Shifting a little, he had wanted to go back to sleep. But it wasn't until then that he realized something.

A soft whimper left his lips only to get off the bed. Turning his gaze to Zachaeus with his ears lowered. "I uh..'" He paused for a moment darting his gaze around the room before remembering where the washroom was located in this house. But instead he lowered his gaze almost shamefully. "Um... I have to..." Groaning out before a faint embarrassed flush rose to his cheeks. "I have to pee.." He murmured.

"It's okay. You'll get used to living here soon." He smiled slightly before letting out a soft yawn. The man wanted to sleep longer, but usually had a hard time going back to sleep after waking up once. Zachaeus showered the boy's head with kisses as he pet him, but tilted his head when he moved away.

He watched the shamed expression on the neko's face before chuckling slightly. "There's no shame in that. Do I need to show you the bathroom again?" Zachaeus stretched as he stood and made his way out of the bedroom. "It's right down the hall there." He pointed to the opposite end of the house from the kitchen.

Zachaeus walked into the kitchen and rubbed his eyes as he walked into the brightness of the room. He started making his usual morning coffee which he would eventually teach Jaohan to make for him one day. Once it was done, he stirred in the hazelnut creamer and a bit of sugar before tasting it.

Jaohan followed after Zachaeus, after he was shown the washroom. He nodded and walked in. After spending only a few quick moments in the washroom to relieve his bladder. He washed his hands. Exiting the washroom, his ears twitched to the kitchen where he was headed towards the noise that was foreign to him.

Stopping in the doorway to listen to what was making the noise at first. He tilted his head, sniffing the air to try and figure out what was going on. His gaze turned to Zachaeus after a moment. Slowly making his way over to the coffee maker at first and then turned to Zachaeus as if questioning if it was broken since noise kept coming from it.

His tail wrapped around his waist a little and his ears kept twitching to the noise. Shrugging after a moment, figuring that nothing was broken. He yawned and took a seat. Still half asleep as he sat in the chair, staring at the table for a moment. He lifted his gaze to Zachaeus, about to say something. But he lost his train of thought, groaning softly and laying his head down on the table.

Satisfied with the coffee's taste, Zachaeus took a seat across from the boy and sipped the hot drink. "Would you like some?" He offered as he relaxed back in his chair. The man gazed out the bright window, seeing that it was a beautiful, warm day. The neko would soon be curious enough to explore the gardens.

"What would you like for breakfast?" He questioned, standing up to grab a few things to prepare the food with. "I can make a bit of everything like I did last night so we know what you like." Zachaeus soon started preparing eggs, bacon, and biscuits for one plate. Of course he made everything in small portions so there would be no wasted food. He sipped at his coffee while he worked.

The man then made some pancakes and oatmeal for two more options. As he cooked, he honestly didn't have much time to watch Jaohan's every move and wouldn't be surprised if he had wandered off again. When everything was made, Zachaeus set the table with the various things he had prepared along with another saucer of milk for the boy.

Jaohan's ears twitched, hearing the question being asked. He shook his head. "It smells funny." He said softly. Or well, to him it was an odd smell. Nothing like what he had smelled before, or that he could recall anyways. He stretched a moment to relieve the tension in his spine before settling down.

Watching as the man began to prepare breakfast, he raised a thin brow. "Im not really sure." He said softly. "Just dont want to be forced to eat kibble anymore." He groaned. Lowering his ears sadly. He had grown tired of eating the same dry food every day. Let alone the fact that is wasnt nutritious enough for him.

He soon found his ears twitching to a door bell that was going off. Turning his head towards the sound. He turned back to Zachaeus, as if curious of what was going on. He had never heard a sound like that before. His thoughts took him away, was Zachaeus expecting someone or something? He wasnt to sure, then again all he wanted right now was to sit on his chair and keep from falling back to sleep.

Zachaeus turned his attention to the door when he heard the doorbell. "Now who could that be..." He muttered. "Don't be afraid, Jaohan. Whoever it is won't be coming in." The man tugged his robe around him before opening the door slowly. "Ah, yes. Thank you very much." The mailman had given Zachaeus two large boxes and been on his way.

He closed the door and locked it before putting the boxes down on the floor. The man scooted one away, one that the boy wouldn't have permission to look in, and opened the much larger one. "I ordered some things for you, Jaohan. I hope they'll make you feel more at home." Zachaeus smiled a bit as he pulled out a slip of paper and brought it back to the kitchen table.

The note read:

"The contents of your package are as follows:

-ball of yarn

-scratching post

-collar bell (a little bell to put on your pet's collar when he goes outside)

-playing wand (wand has feathers on the end that will perk your pets curiosity)

-ball with jingling bell inside (Your pet will love to roll this around)

-brush

-pet tree/tower (plenty of nooks for your pet to hide in and places to perch on)"

"We can look in the box after we eat, okay? I don't want the food to get cold." Zachaeus couldn't wait to show Jaohan everything, but the growling from his stomach told him he needed to eat first. The man started eating and looked up at the neko in front of him. He had made the boy's plate like a sampler, with small portions of various foods on it like he had the previous night with dinner. "You can get more of the foods you like from the stove." His cooking pans still had food in them that he would save for later if it wasn't all eaten.

Jaohan wanted to look into the box when it was set down, but pouted when he was told to eat first. A soft groan left his lips and went back to the kitchen, eating the food that had been prepared. Everything was very good, his ears twitched around as he scarfed down the food. Almost to eager to figure out what all was in the box.

He waiting until Zachaeus had finished his meal, twitching his tail behind him. Most would be reminded of a child at christmas trying to be patient for various wrapped gifts to be opened. But it was his nature, he was part cat afterall. And that was something he couldnt change about himself. No matter how many people tried to fix that part of him.

He hadnt took to much notice the the box that had been taken away earlier. Figuring it was something that wasn't important for him anyways. He sat there in the chair, squirming to get to that one box that was sitting there taunting him. A soft whimper left his lips and lowered his ears.

Seeing the boy's temptation, and feeling his own as well, Zachaeus tried to eat a little faster. He couldn't wait to see how the boy would react to each item. He finally put their plates in the sink to wash later and picked the neko up in his arms. "You've been a good boy, and good boys get to be spoiled." The man chuckled, sitting Jaohan on the floor before joining him.

He reached in the box and explained what each item was, knowing the neko would want to snoop in the box himself. Knowing cats, the boy would probably enjoy the box even more than the contents. "You may look inside and get out whatever you like." The only items Zachaeus set out was the pet nook/tree and the scratching post. All the other items were small enough that Jaohan could get them out himself.

He curiously watched the boy as if he was watching a cat get introduced to something new. Zachaeus smiled warmly, it was the first time in a while he could actually say he was happy. The man would spoil Jaohan, to an extent of course, and get to share his happiness.

Jaohan sat what seemed like patiently. Except for his squirming on his seat. His gaze darted to the man as he cleared the dishes they had used. Only to be picked up, causing him to squirm in the man's arms. His ears lowered at the words, but perked up when he was set on the floor.

His bright gaze peered into the box as two objects were being taken out. He looked inside, before actually climbing into the box itself. Digging around in the packing peanuts. Tossing a few accidentally out of the box in his excitement of finding out what was in it. He dug through it before jumping when something had made a sound.

A startled mew left him for a moment before he pulled out ball, shaking it to make sure that was where the noise was coming from. His ears twitched and dug more into the box. Once he came to the ball of yarn, he batted around at it within the box. His tail poking up out of the box and twitched happily as he continued to get tangled up in yarn.

Seeing the packaging peanuts fly out of the box, Zachaeus picked them up and tossed them at the boy. They wouldn't hurt of course, he just made it a playful gesture. He grinned while he watched the neko, thinking his behavior was awfully adorable. He was happy to see him able to play, and he was delighted to play with him.

Zachaeus couldn't help but reach in the box to bury his hand in the peanuts and move his fingers to see if Jaohan would be playful enough to pounce on them. He slowly moved his hand closer and softly poked the neko before retreating it back into the packaging. Watching the tail poke out of the box, the man couldn't help but gently pet it.

"Hmm?" Zachaeus noticed something he didn't recall on the list and picked it up. It was a toy mouse that squeaked when it was touched or batted at. "It must have been added as a bonus." He gently squeezed it, watching for Jaohan's reaction.

Jaohan couldnt help it, afterall... he was part cat. And even he had his weaknesses to his nature. He watched the fingers darting in and out of the packing peanuts, he pounced at them before something else was brought out of the box. Tilting his head for a moment before he went back to the ball of yarn.

His ears perked up when he heard the toy go off. Darting his gaze to Zachaues before darting towards the mouse. Once he managed to get ahold of it, he began to bite at the toy making it squeak in a madly manner. His tail twitched behind him and the mouse hanging halfway out of his mouth before he dropped the toy on the floor.

He dug back into the box finding the other items that were inside. Purring deeply in his chest as he batted around with the stick toy for a moment before he began to dig himself into the packing peanuts. Nosing around for the ball of yarn that he seems to of gotten lost in the bottom of the box.

Zachaeus chuckled, thoroughly amused and glad to see the neko so happy and playful. He dug his hand into the box to pull out a brush and gently stroke Jaohan's head with it. The boy's purring was music to his ears. The man reached to pick up the stick toy and gently wave it around near the neko. He put the end with the feathers on top of Jaohan's head before slowly inching it away with the stick end like it was moving itself.

After seeing the boy try to find the ball of yarn again, Zachaeus took the cat nook and scratching post to set up in the living room. The nook had many places the neko could hide in and different perches to sit or take cat naps on. While Jaohan was distracted in the box, he took the unopened box into his bedroom and placed it under his bed before returning.

The man watched the boy bat at the yarn and knelt down to him. He slowly closed the box and smiled. "Got you." Zachaeus chuckled playfully, poking his finger in one of the holes in the box to touch the neko. The box wasn't forced closed and Zachaeus didn't have it held down, so the boy could easily open it again.

Jaohan was preoccupied by playing with the ball of yarn that was until he was being teased with the stick toy. He batted at it, trying to get it off his head. Once he went back to the ball of yarn and began to get tangled up in it. His ears perked up to the sounds of something being set up. Before he had time to even look outside of the box, everything went dark except for the light shining through the holes in the side of the box.

A soft whimper began to leave his lips until fingers were poking through the holes. A soft playful growl left him as he began to attack the fingers. Darting to the side of the box with full force before the box overturned and he found himself falling out on the opened side of the box. His ears twitched when he was covered in packing peanuts.

It took a moment before his eye's adjusted to the light once more. He lifted his confused gaze to Zachaeus. Then he realized he was also still tangled up in the yarn that he had been chasing. Lowering his ears once more, he tried to untangle himself. But only caused the yarn to constrict tighter around him.

Zachaeus chuckled happily as he tried to untangle the yarn from the boy. "There now. We got you untangled." He rolled up the ball of yarn again and rolled it in front of the neko. Seeing the tipped over box, the man picked it up and gently placed it on top of the distracted boy. He played with the swishing tail that was sticking out from under it.

The man got down on the floor on his stomach and peeked through a hole in the side of the box to see Jaohan inside. "Boo." He smiled, reaching his finger in to rub the neko's ears. Zachaeus reached his hand under the box and playfully moved his fingers like he was playing with a kitten.

It was a few minutes before he lifted the box off the boy and put all the packaging back in. He grabbed the yarn ball and tossed it so it rolled across the room, stopping at the scratching post and cat nook. It was much too amusing for the man to play with the cute boy, he felt like he could spend hours with Jaohan like this.