A New Home (ChampionRed007)

Nicholi

Name: Jaohan

Appearance:

20zy6mp.jpg

A soft mewl left his lips as he shivered in the cage. He was being sold off because his parents couldnt afford to feed him anymore. They were one of the poorest families that had been in the village. His tail wrapped around him, he understood enough that he had to be sent off. But it might as well of been for his own good. Maybe he would get sold off to someone whom could afford him. His body tensed as the door to the auction house had been opened. His bright gaze flickered as the light poured into the room which had him squinting a little to make his eyes focus with the blinding light. His hands clinched at the bars of his tiny cage. He had been the last one within the auction and it seemed that the auctioneer did that on purpose. But for what reason?

The auctioneer unlocked the cage door and grabbed ahold of the boy's leash, tsking softly as if to get the boy's attention. "Come on, We have a new owner for you. And hopefully your life will be better than what we were able to give you here." He man cooed softly. It seemed this was the only man that sold them off that seemed kind to the pets.

A soft mewl left his lips as he crawled out of the cage. The collar around his neck wasnt anything special, it had been bland with nothing more than a rope like collar. His tail wrapped around himself tightly at the words that had reached his ears. Did this man give find him a good home? He curled up into the man's arms as he was carried off towards another room that had been filled with pillows all over the floor to keep the pets from harming themselves. Very few of these pets actually were allowed in the room. But Jaohan had been allowed in there only a few times before. Being set down on the floor before the door had been locked behind him leaving the boy in there by himself.

Jaohan let a soft whimper leave his lips as he crawled into the pile of pillows and buried himself into them. His tail barely poking out from under the pile. His gaze lifted and were barely seen within the pillows when another man had entered the room. This man looked... like a prince. His clothing alone were of the highest standard, more more extravagant than Jaohan had ever since from someone in this place.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChampionRed007

• Nicholi

Name: Zachaeus

Appearance:

My-fave-bishies-again-anime-guys-7720358-620-877.jpg

During the entire presentation of each pet the sellers had to offer, the man watched calmly from a large crowd. He didn't seem to be particularly interested in any of them for himself until the last one was shown. Zachaeus shifted some in his seat as his gaze focused on the young male being presented. From the pitiful way those hands reached for the cage bars to the poor boy's reaction to such a large crowd watching him, the man soon found himself bidding the highest sum of money for him.

He kept a stern, professional expression when he was finally ushered to the back room, being the last one to get to claim his purchase, where he would meet his new pet for the first time. Zachaeus straightened himself up before entering the room slowly but eagerly, almost cracking an amused smile that the pet had hidden himself from his new owner's eyes. The noble-like man softly cleared his throat before speaking.

"You don't have to hide, I will not hurt you." The words that left his lips were gentle and presented in his deep, but moderate voice. The man seemed a bit too soft for his normal personality, but his goal wasn't to scare the boy away, it was to let him know that he would be in good hands. "I brought you a blanket, hoping it will help you feel comfortable." Zachaeus didn't advance towards the pet's hiding spot, but rather wanted to see him come out on his own, so he set the soft cloth down not too far away and slightly backed up.

He looked forward to the boy's company in his lonely home. Well, at least one of those were an understatement. The man's home was extraordinary since he could afford it, but he chose not to have any butlers or maids since he liked his privacy and found it a waste. Zachaeus was wealthy, but he didn't carelessly spend his money or gloat. He was a rather respected man that had given his fair share to organizations and charities for good causes. He had power per say, but he wasn't heartless.

Jaohan's gaze stayed pinned on the man that had entered the room. He wasn't exactly sure what all was going on, other than the fact that he had been sold off to someone. He supposed it was this man that he had been sold off to. His ears perked up when he heard the man speak up to him. At first, the tail poking out from under the pillows was pulled into hiding along with the rest of himself. How could he trust this man? Many other's had told him that they would not harm him, but most of the auctioneer's words were lies to him.

For a long moment, he didn't dare move from his hiding spot as he listened to the man speak up once again. Yet, he watched as a blanket was produced and laid out for him. It could of been an obvious trap for him. Though, being a neko. It was the cat's nature to be to curious for their own good. When he watched the man back away a bit, he took a moment longer before slowly and timidly climbing out from his hiding spot.

His ears tilted forward as he watched the man, as if he were afraid that he was going to get beaten once more. There were clear bruises on his back where he had been beaten as of late. Most of the punishments were not of his doing. These people enjoyed watching the pets suffer. One of his ears twitched a moment before he inched his way closer to the blanket that was laid out on the floor.

The temperature in the room was colder than it should of been for pets half naked the whole time they were there. It was a surprise that many of them were not sick. A slight shiver ran over his body before he darted under the blanket. curling up into a tight ball with a soft whimper leaving his lips. Along with the horrible treatment he had been given in this place, he was clearly malnourished as well. The auctioneer's clearly didn't care for the pets they sold off. Starving them on purpose for some sick and twisted plan.

His ears lowered against the back of his head when his stomach growled loudly at him which only caused him to curl up even more tightly. As if he were trying to keep his stomach from being heard. His gaze turned back to the man, now that his face was able to be seen more clearly. That was the only part of his body the auctioneer's had not bruised or scarred. His gaze lowered to the floor under him as he fought to find his voice, having stayed quiet for so long. "P-please... don't let them hurt me anymore." He whispered softly.

Zachaeus frowned as the neko retreated his tail into hiding. He had done everything so cautiously, but knew the boy was timid. But he was not one to get angry just because the pet was afraid, or to advance even closer to show his authority. He clearly understood that his softer measures were required in their first meeting or their first few days together, and he had anticipated that fact which is why he had presented a blanket.

The man's eyes focused on his new pet when he was finally able to see him completely. Of course he was unaware of everything that went on around the place while no guests were there during the auctions, but he could only guess as his eyes scanned over the smaller male. Each bruise, each mark made Zachaeus wonder why the boy deserved such abuse. The way the pet had been treated disgusted him. Yes he believed in firm discipline, but never abuse. "No one will hurt you now. I will not hurt you."

He allowed a short silence to pass before speaking calmly again. "I will make sure you have enough to eat, clearly they did not." Zachaeus caught the hint of anger in his tone and quickly ridded his voice of its traces. "Would a nice plate of fish and a warm bowl of milk interest you? I'd be happy to make it for you." He was trying to make conversation that would spark the boy's interest.

The man allowed the hint of a smile to grace his features when he saw his pet's face, hoping it would comfort him in some way. He very carefully and very slowly extended his hand, not placing it too close to the boy. "May I touch you?" He asked softly, only wishing to pet the boy's head or ears to show him he meant no harm.

Jaohan stayed where he was when he had managed to somewhat hide himself under the blanket. His ears laid flat against the back of his head when his stomach constantly growled at him, protesting that he needed to eat something. Biting back small whimpers that tried to leave his lips. Clearly none of the pets here were being treated the way they need to be treated. His golden gaze lifted to the man when he began to speak to him about food.

His ears perked up under the blanket, but the mention of food only caused his stomach to growl louder at him. In turn causing him to curl up tighter into a ball with a whimper. He needed to keep his mind off his starving stomach otherwise he was going to make himself sick. All he wanted at the moment was food, but he also didnt know this man well enough either. For all he knew, this man could have been sent to play nice at first only to trick him into beating him to death.

Jaohan's gaze lifted once more only to notice the man's hand reaching toward him. He had backed away a short moment before stopping himself. He was hoping that this man wasnt what he thought he was. That just maybe he was going to have a good life with this one. He hesitated after hearing the question as he stared at the hand extended to touch him. After a long moment, he slowly moved forward. Pausing in front of the hand before slowly nuzzling at it.

His ears lowered saddly in hopes that he was not falling for an evil and sick trap sent by the auctioneers. All that was on his body was a pair of shorts that were to small for him. There was one scar that looked deep carved into his lower back. His gaze lowered as he continued to nuzzle at the hand. "They... They beat us, for no reason. Very rarely do we even deserve such punishments." He whimpered softly enough that the auctioneer's wouldnt hear him from outside of the room. If he was to be left here, he would be in for hell from them. More than likely end up dead for what he had just said.

Zachaeus knew that he had to do something about the boy's persistent hunger, it was worse than he'd ever imagined. "How could they treat you in such a way..." His voice trailed off in a whisper as if he wasn't really expecting an answer to the question. How could anyone be so sick and heartless? The pets weren't just... Pets, they were human beings too with emotions and feelings.

The man kept still like he was trying to coax a startled animal out from hiding. "I will not hurt you." He repeated assuringly. His hand didn't move at first even when it was nuzzled, but instead he waited before he gently stroked his pet's soft hair. Zachaeus carefully scratched the back of the boy's head, rewarding the simple fact that he had given him a chance by trusting him. A few of the man's coworkers owned pets. He had seen them a few times when visiting their homes for business matters, but he had never thought of having one for himself. Maybe he could give this one another chance at a better life.

Seeing the boy's only means of clothing made a concerned frown spread across his face. He moved slowly once again, this time to retreat his hand and slowly remove his coat. Zachaeus never made any sudden movements while he lowered his warm coat around the pet's shoulders. Their size difference, especially in the smaller male's state of not being fed properly, made the garment cover most of his body.

"I will get you some food if you promise to stay here. I know they have some for the guests, so I'll bring you back something to eat until I can make a meal for you." He stood slowly, leaving the boy with his coat and the blanket both to keep him warm. "I'll be back. Just be here when I return, alright?" Zachaeus instructed before he left the room and closed the door.

Jaohan slowly relaxed into the touches. When his ears were scratched at, he closed his eyes and leaned into it. Causing a soft purr to leave him at the sensation. It was clear that the kitten had not had this sort of treatment in a long time. But when Zachaeus had stopped and withdrew his hand, his confused gaze lifted to the man with a small pout on his lips.

However, he was surprised when he seen the man removed his jacket and placed it over him. A small flinch ran through him at first, looking down at the jacket that he had been wrapped in. Confusion ran over his face as if he was unable to understand why the other had done this. This act of kindness was foreign to him. But his gaze lifted when he heard the man mention food again which caused his ears to lower.

When he clued into the fact that the man had to leave the room in order to do this, panic raced through him. This wasnt going to be good if the man left him in this room. The auctioneer's always ended up doing something. His gaze followed after Zachaeus til he was out of the room. Feeling of dread ran through him as his frightened gaze stayed on the door, as if knowing something terrible was about to happen.

It wasnt long after the man had exited the room that the door opened once more. It wasnt Zachaeus that entered the room, but it was one of the auctioneer's Adam. Adam was one of the more brutal owners of this place.

Jaohan's eyes widened with a loud whimper. He found himself backing up quickly before darting off to the farthest corner he could possibly get into.

Adam frowned at the attempt to run away. "You know very well that you are not allowed to speak of the dealings in this building slut..." He said with clear anger in his voice. In one hand a bullwhip was coiled. "I seems that I am yet again having to punish you for such disobedience." he snarled as he moved forward, towards the boy.

Jaohan bit his lower lip hard as tears entered his eyes. Trying to keep from saying anything to this man, otherwise his punishment would be more severe than what he was about to receive in the first place.

Adam stopped in front of the boy, using the end of the bullwhip to lift the boy's chin. "You better be sorry for what you said, I could very well have you taken away and never be sold off." He snarled. "I have never marked your face... But I think that your punishment requires it now." He said sternly as he raised the whip, fully intending to beat the life out of the boy.

The thought of one of the auctioneers sneaking in the room without him being there had crossed his mind, but the boy's hunger was the main priority at the moment. He would eventually get sick if he didn't have anything to eat. Zachaeus made his way down the halls to one of the meeting rooms where there were different kinds of foods scattered in trays on the large table. The man took a moment to put some hot chicken on a plate, cutting it up into bite-sized pieces for the neko. He spread a bit of gravy on top and proceeded to look for other foods the boy might like.

Once the plate was full, and Zachaeus thought that he'd better get back to Jaohan, he quickened his pace back to the room. The man hesitated, letting his hand stay on the doorknob, as he listened to the commotion inside the room. He wasn't one to react well to someone harming or doing something to what was his without his permission. Zachaeus set the plate down on a small table outside the door and opened the door roughly.

The boy had only seen the man's soft side, but this was a serious matter to him. His angry glare practically cut through the auctioneer on the other side of the room when he saw the raised whip. "Leave, now." He commanded in a stronger tone of voice. Zachaeus stepped closer and tugged out a paper from his pocket. "I've already paid for him,I own him. You on the other hand, should not touch him." He folded the ownership papers and tucked them away safely.

"Come here to your master. You don't have to be afraid or take orders from that man anymore." It was the first time he had ordered his new pet, but it was for his own good. He held out his hand to motion a place beside him, directing his next words back to the auctioneer. "His discipline is none of your concern now. As if it was any kind of discipline in the first place."

Jaohan's body tensed as he readied himself for the stinging pain that was about to be brought down on him. It had been so many times when he had been hit and cried out in such pain that only resulted in the owners in hitting them harder. Most called the auctioneer's abusers, not caring if they broke the toys in this place to become nothing more than lifeless dolls. His ears twitched after a long moment, hearing the door. Yet, he kept his eyes shut tightly. Afraid that it was only another auctioneer to mock him. But when he didnt feel the whip strike him, he dared to open his eyes.

Adam's gaze narrowed when he heard Zachaeus. Frowning and turning his gaze to the man. "Fine... He is your problem now. He has never obeyed a single command in this place."

Jaohan turned his gaze to Zachaeus as tears streaked down his face. His ears flattened against his head when he heard the angry and commanding tone that the man had used against Adam. But when his gaze landed on the papers, that is when everything clicked in his mind that he really had been bought by this man. And that he no longer needed to endure the punishments that Adam and the other auctioneer's deemed fit.

A flinch raced through him at the next command that was directed to him. It took him a long moment before he was able to dart away from Adam. Making his way to Zachaeus' side. Though he wasnt directly beside the man, he was more off behind the man. Fear still gripping him that Adam could possibly pull something.

Adam paused as he eyed the man for a long moment and shaking his head as if he didnt believe that Zachaeus could possibly handle the boy. He took his leave of the room only to say something as he passed by Zachaeus. "He would of been dead by morning..." Having said his peace, he left the room with a scowl on his face.

"That "problem" I am accepting is my choice." He reminded the auctioneer as he looked to the terrified boy. The last comment from Adam made a quiet growl come from Zachaeus' throat, and it took all of his self-control not to say anything in return.

He hadn't yet stated it in front of the boy, but he thought it would make more sense if he explained. "I bid the highest amount on you, so I was presented with the papers stating I own you." Zachaeus turned to look at the smaller male as he spoke. "I am your master, and that is what you should refer to me as for now. But I want you to understand... Unlike these people.. I will not let you starve, I will provide a warm home for you, and I will absolutely not abuse you. Those things you don't have to worry about."

The man finally calmed down and knelt where the neko sat. "You did perfectly fine. Don't let his words affect you, only my words should have a meaning to you from now on. Understand?" He asked in the softer voice he used with Jaohan. Zachaeus gently lifted the back of his hand to wipe the tears from the boy's cheeks, trying not to suddenly move after what just happened. "Here." The man picked up his coat, that had fallen off somewhere along the way, and draped it over the boy again.

Only reaching out of the door to retrieve the plate he had set down, he brought it to Jaohan but didn't set it down yet. "I need to know you can at least try to trust me." He picked up some small pieces of chicken and placed them in the palm of his hand before holding it out like he was hand feeding an animal. "Then you can have everything on the plate." The food was still hot and its aroma was tempting, it would probably be the first hot meal Jaohan had eaten in some time.

Jaohan's ears lowered when he made out the quiet growl that Zachaeus had made as Adam exited the room. However, when his attention was brought back to the papers that the other had produced earlier. He felt himself shrinking back, so... that was the reason why he was bought. To become someone's play thing, or that was what he had been constantly been told for years in this place.

He flinched a moment when he was told that he was to address Zachaeus as his Master. It wasnt such a hard task, to call someone their Master. But he felt that the title was meant to be earned, and not just because someone bought them at the highest bid. He pushed that thought aside, he was a pet and he had to keep reminding himself of that. He was always told that he had no rights and that his body was not of his own.

It was clear that, not only from the abuse to his body. The auctioneer's had also abused the boy's mine, cutting him down and rebuilding them in attempts to make them frightened and obeying pets. He didnt meant to break rules, he preferred not to break them. But when it came to breaking them for their first time. That is what he had issues with. No one had managed to actually take him, thus resulting in the fact that he was still a virgin.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the man once more and seen him kneeling in front of him. His ears lowered sadly when his face was wiped off his face. His gaze lowered to the floor as he answered the man. "Yes, Master." He said softly. When the jacket had been placed on him once again, his gaze lifted to watch as food was being produced.

He sat there watching as a piece of chicken was placed into the man's hand. The smell of it alone tempted him enough that he was feeling dizzy from hunger. A soft whimper left his lips for a long moment as the hand was being held out for him. His head lowered a little before he moved to take a hold of the chicken and scarfing it down quickly. The small amount only caused his stomach to want more as his gaze lifted to Zackaeus.

"There's no telling what they've told you here, what they want you to think about someone that buys you. I am not purchasing you to treat you horribly or to use you. Yes you will be required to do chores or tasks once you've settled in, but you are a person. I will not treat you like trash as they do here." He emphasized, trying to make the boy understand he wasn't cruel but he did expect him to know his place.

Zachaeus watched the boy eat the chicken from his hand, and the gaze he gave him afterwards along with the pitiful whimper. "That's a good boy." He praised, letting himself give a slight smile as he carefully stroked the neko's head. "It's all yours then. Just as I promised." The man set the plate down in front of Jaohan, allowing him to eat directly off the plate.

"I'd like to know a little about you. What about your name? That's easy to start off with." Even though Zachaeus purchased the boy, he still didn't know a lot about him like where he come from, how many masters he had prior, or how long he had been in the auctioneers' "care." He was unfamiliar with how anything worked with the pets that were to be sold, or how to treat their new relationship. It was all foreign to him, but he would get used to it.

Knowing that he would eventually come home with a pet sometime after he started searching, he fixed things up in his home a bit. The man had prepared a large pet bed at the end of his own bed that consisted of luxurious pillows and blankets, he even had thought to get a nice, leather collar that come with letters to spell the pet's name on it. Zachaeus definitely wouldn't be a stingy Master, but he would put his foot down and give discipline when needed.

After his mind was finished wandering, he turned his attention back to Jaohan to watch his reaction to the plate of food.

Jaohan lowered his head once again when he heard the man begin to speak about what the others could of been telling the pets. He wasnt so far from the truth in that fact. Nodding after a moment when he heard the tasks he would have to do and what was expected of him. When he was praised had him blinking in confusion. Most of what this man did to him was foreign, and it left him feeling lost as what he was supposta do about it.

As the plate was set down, he moved forward and began to scarf down the food. His ears twitching as he continued to listen to the man. When he was asked question's. He stopped and swallowed the food he had in his mouth. Thinking about his answers for a long moment before speaking up. "My name... is Jaohan." He said softly. But his gaze lowered to the almost empty plate in front of him.

"My parents... were unable to afford me, so they sent me off to here. I dont know how many years it had been since I came here. I just know it was a long time." He said as his ears lowered sadly. Falling back on all the other questions that he would normally be asked, he sighed softly. His gaze didnt lift to the man as he spoke. "Ive been sold before, quite a few times actually." He said. "But, before they could..." He paused with a fearful look in his downcast eyes.

"When they tried to take me, they sent me back here." He sighed out. Shaking his head as he refused to look at the man. Clearly ashamed for his actions in the past, but there was a reason why he had done what he had. "It's not right... to be taken, not like that." He curled up where he sat. "If I am to be taken, I want it to happen with someone that has earned the title of "Master" from me." The truth was out, no use in trying to take his words back now. But how was this man going to handle that?

Zachaeus noticed the boy's confusion when he was praised and decided to clarify it. "You showed both of us that I can be trusted. That is the simple fact why I gratified you." Any sign of progression was good and should be rewarded, after all the first few minutes of their meeting Jaohan had been in hiding. His gentleness and careful approaching would be much easier and worth it instead of making the boy hate him.

He watched his pet eat, expecting that the food would almost be eaten since he looked starved. "I'm sorry to hear that, Jaohan. I know you must miss them, but I'd like to try and give you a good home where you can be taken care of properly." The man pet Jaohan's soft ears as he ate.

"I'm afraid I don't understand." Zachaeus raised an eyebrow in question. "Why would they send you back?" He knew a lot of people that owned pets thought that their number one use was sex, but he thought otherwise. Then again, Zachaeus had never been like most people. "Don't be afraid." He soothed, noticing the boy's fear. "I already told you I wouldn't harm you, and no one else will with me here."

The man was silent after hearing the last thing Jaohan said. He thought for quite a while before he spoke up. "I don't disagree with you." Zachaeus didn't have a terrible temper and he knew when to express his anger and when not to. He wasn't angry at the comment surprisingly. "That's not too much to ask actually. Did your other owners tell you otherwise?"

Jaohan had expected some sort of anger, maybe even some sort of emotion that would show that he had upset the man with his words or the way he thought of things. But he looked to Zachaeus with a surprised look on his face. The other had agreed with him on the matter. His ears lowered at the mention of the other owners, causing him to lower his gaze once more. He curled himself up and wrapped his tail around his waist tightly at the thought.

"They told me... that my body didnt belong to me. That they owned every part of me and that they could take any part of my body whenever they wished or however they wished." He whispered softly. He tried to keep the tears out of his voice. "I... I put up a fight against them. All I wanted to know is that they could handle me at my worse." He shook his head. "All of them told me that I was worthless, that if I didnt lay there and take it..." He paused.

"that I wasnt worth being a pet." He said softly. "I dont want... I dont want to be a lifeless doll that they wanted me to be. He whimpered. "Ive seen to many of us here get beaten into submission and end up being lifeless being that have no feelings. They are just... Dead inside." He whispered. His gaze lifted to the man. "I cant... My nature wont let me become something like that. I cant change that part of me."

He lowered his ears once agian, almost afraid that the man would have some issue with it. Though, he was silently hoping that this man was different. That he would actually have what it took to handle him. He had not had such kindness from someone in the past, and it was starting to show that he was trusting the man more. If he hadnt, then he would not of explained his situation in the first place.

Zachaeus didn't show a trace of anger in his voice or on his face, but instead he showed a small smile. He did something that he didn't do too often, he outstretched his arms to let the boy come to him. The man would provide safety and a place where Jaohan could let out all his tears.

"Technically I do own you, Jaohan. I'm not saying I own your body, that is in your control. But I will never use you or take advantage of you. I will not beat you or do things to you against your will." Zachaeus was the boy's owner, but positively not an abuser or a rapist. "I want you to be happy and I want to see the real you where you don't have to be afraid." The man wanted authority and expected it, but authority and taking control of someone were two different things.

"I do expect to be respected however. If you do not think it's right to call me Master, try something else for now like sir." He let out a soft sigh. "I will be in charge of the household and I will have expectations of you. Even though I don't control you, I won't let you take advantage of me or what I'm providing for you. I will use discipline, but I won't abuse you." Zachaeus tried to explain everything as clear as he could.

"All I want is a chance. Don't group me with your previous owners. I don't want to see you this way. I want you to be filled with life, not lifeless. And I am willing to try and give you a better life than this." He kept his position to invite Jaohan into the safety of his arms.

Jaohan had been well on his way to defend himself in this matter. But this man confused him once more. He was accepting him the way he was and the way he thought. Thinking back to when this man came to him, he couldnt for the life of him place the man in the same categories as the other's that tried to own him in the past. This man had done nothing to be placed with the others. Not in his eyes anyways.

When Zachaeus explained that he did own him, but not in the way the other's had proclaimed to have done. He felt himself relax to the idea. Now knowing that this man wasnt like the other's. He did expect that he would have some chores or something other than just laying around or warming his Master's bed. "I understand, Sir." He said softly.

Nodding after a long moment. "You're not like the other's." He paused for a long moment. "You have been kind to me. They never showed me such kindness from the start." He whispered, letting his ears lower. He stayed were he was for a short moment before moving into the man's arms, taking the chance. His ears stayed lowered as he nuzzled up to the man.

"I just, dont want to be some toy to be tossed away when someone gets bored of me." He whispered sadly. "That is what I fear most." He had never admitted it to himself that had been his biggest fear. And countless times that fear was his living nightmare that had happened over and over. As if it replayed constantly. There was nights where he had wished there was some sort of end to it. That he would be allowed to belong.

Zachaeus wrapped his arms around the boy, carefully resting them on his back and avoiding what bruises he could. "You are not a toy to me. I couldn't imagine tossing you away, you deserve better than that." The pet's head was pressed against his chest so he could probably hear his steady heartbeat. "You don't have to worry about those things anymore."

This was Zachaeus' first time being an owner, so naturally this would feel foreign to him. Was the boy really his? He could scoop the poor pet up and take him home to a better life? It would take responsibility, but he had already anticipated that. He could and would handle the boy. The man stopped letting his mind wander and remembered to take things slow.

"Are you ready to go to your new home? I think you'd be a lot happier to get out of here." He very gently scratched Jaohan's back to relieve his anxiety. "You won't be required to do anything until you tell me that you're comfortable. I'll give you as much time as you need."

Jaohan relaxed into Zachaeus' arms as he explained what he thought to him. He nodded after a moment. "We have only been taught how to be the perfect pet for our masters. Or thats what they tried to make us out to be." He whispered softly. "I... dont want to disappoint you." He said softly as he lowered his ears once more.

He felt himself growing comfortable, sheltered in the man's arm. And he began to think that maybe this wasnt such a bad thing afterall. Only time would tell now. His ears twitched a little when he heard the man speaking about going home. It sounded like a wonderful thing to him, to be able to get away from this place.

He lifted his gaze to Zachaeus, nodding. "I dont want to be here anymore, Sir. He whispered softly. There were to many memories that could possibly haunt him the rest of his life. To many times had he woken up in his cage to screams of agony that he wished he could forget. "I just... I dont want to disappoint you is all. I wont need to much time to get adjusted." He said softly.

"You won't disappoint me, no one is perfect." He assured, rubbing the boy's head tenderly. "Don't worry about making me happy just yet. We need to think about your happiness first." Zachaeus gathered Jaohan, blanket, coat and all, into his arms before he stood and made his way to the door. He hugged the boy against him so he would feel secure as they made their way out of the building.

After a few minutes, the man reached his car with his pet and gently placed him in the passenger seat. It was a nice sports car with a sleek body, a red one since that was his favorite color. It was well taken care of and very clean inside and out. "No more cages." He whispered, wrapping Jaohan up before closing the car door. Zachaeus got in on the other side and started the vehicle. It wasn't long before they were on the road driving to the man's home.

Half an hour or so had snuck by during the drive before Zachaeus pulled the car into a driveway that was a bit off to itself from the other luxurious homes in the area. The house had beautiful trees around it, making certain areas concealed from the road. This was a plus since the man enjoyed his privacy outside in the nice spring weather. The house itself wasn't huge, since he actually saved some of his money unlike most people that earned as much as he did, but it was still an extravagant two-story home.

"What do you think of it so far? I hope you'll enjoy living here." He asked as he finally parked the car in the garage and lifted Jaohan out. As he walked inside it could clearly be seen that Zachaeus kept everything like he did his car, neat and tidy. The only thing it was missing was someone to live in it with, well until now at least. He set the boy down on his comfy living room couch.

Jaohan's ears lowered, he hoped this man was right about that. He felt that he disappointed everyone that had tried to own him in the past. But when Zachaeus told him not to worry about anything just yet, He had tried to speak out against it. Thinking better of the situation, he quieted down. Afterall, he didnt know much about this man, just that he was being kind to him where no other had.

Being gathered up in the coat and blanket, he squirmed a little. It felt odd being picked up like this to him. He settled down after a long moment as the man brought him outside and placed into the car. His ears were lowered and his eyes squinted due to the bright light outside. He couldnt remember the last time he had seen the sun, let along had fresh air. His ears twitched when he heard the whisper. So... if he didnt have a cage anymore, where was he supposta sleep?

He left that question in his mind, almost sure he would find out at some point during that day. His gaze looked out the window when the vehicle began to move, watching the various buildings that passed by. The drive felt like it took forever for him. It had only been about ten minutes before he was slowly falling asleep in his seat.

Though, when he heard the man speaking and the car being parked that he blinked and looked around. His ears twitched wildly around as his gaze darted around the new place that he would be allowed to call his home. A soft mewl left him as he got the itch to explore the place. But he reminded himself that he hadnt the permission to do as such yet. His gaze lifted to Zachaeus as he was being held. "Its... so much bigger than the small rooms they had us in." He said softly.

"Then it's all yours to share with me." He said in return, petting the boy's head before leaving to fetch something from his bedroom. Zachaeus came back and knelt where the neko was sitting on the couch. "I hope you like this. It's supposed to be fine quality and very comfortable." He arranged the letters on the collar to spell Jaohan's name before showing it to him. "See, it has fur in the inside." The man gently removed the makeshift rope collar and placed the new one around the boy's neck.

"There. It suits you nicely." He rubbed the neko's ears softly. "You're free to look around if you like, I'll be in the kitchen to prepare dinner." Zachaeus stood and added another statement before walking into the kitchen. "You'll be sleeping at the end of my bed. I know you're curious to see it."

The kitchen wasn't a secluded area in the house, he could see into the living room and even the hall that led to the bedrooms and bathrooms. This would be a plus when the man had to keep watch of his curious kitten. Zachaeus quickly started cooking once he thought of something the boy might like. Cooking was just something he had picked up since he lived alone. It wasn't long before he had a pan of cooking fish with seasoning on the stove.

After quite some time, Zachaeus set the table for two and set out various side dishes along with the fish. He warmed some milk in a saucer and put it out for the boy. "Jaohan?" The man called as he looked for his pet that seemed to have been curious enough to wander from the couch. He had expected as much from the neko.

Jaohan raised a brow when he heard the man. A soft smile racing across his face for a moment before the other had run off to get something. He looked around from his spot, twitching his ears as he heard the noises from the man. His gaze snapped to Zachaeus when he returned to the room. He shifted as he tried to see what the man had brought back. But when he reached to take ahold of the makeshift collar he wore, he tried to stay still.

With the old one off of him and a new collar placed around his neck. He shivered a moment, not from the cold, but an odd sensation that was growing within him. He was growing... attached to this man already? His ears twitched curiously when he was given permission to look around the house while the man prepared dinner. Nodding after a moment before the man went off to the kitchen.

He stayed where he was for a long moment, looking around at things he could see. But it was when he grew more curious about this so called bed that he would be sleeping in at night, he began to wander the halls in order to find it. He ended up distracted at a large window to what looked like a way into a garden in the back yard. His ears twitched at the sounds of bird chirping and his gaze darted around to look at all he could spot.

He didnt realize that he had been staring outside until he heard Zachaeus calling for him. His ears twitched and he turned his head towards the voice. Following after the voice, he wandered into the kitchen. His tail twitching behind him a little as he sniffed the air, smelling fish and hearing his stomach growl lightly at him. He turned his gaze to the man after a long moment. "Im here, Sir." He said softly.

Zachaeus had been watching the curious boy at the window and he could feel himself faintly smiling. "You'll have plenty of time to explore outside too, under my watch of course. I wouldn't want you getting lost or someone taking you." He took the last of the food to the table and pulled out their chairs. "You make yourself comfortable while I get you something."

The man had left the neko alone again temporarily to get something from the wardrobe in his bedroom. When he come back, he knelt down to Jaohan and started dressing him in some pajamas. "These will keep you much warmer than just a pair of shorts. They're a little big but they'll have to do until I can buy you some clothes." Zachaeus buttoned the long sleeved shirt up and patted the boy's head.

"Before you go exploring though, we should get something proper in your stomach." He picked the curious neko up before he could wander off again and placed him in a chair at the table. "You've been a good boy so far. That will make me very happy if you keep doing so." The man gently scratched under Jaohan's chin, praising him again for something so simple.

Zachaeus sat down across from the boy at the table and began to eat. He had put a little bit of everything on the boy's plate since he didn't know what kind of foods he liked yet. "What are your favorite things to eat?" He finally questioned, hoping he would get an idea so he would know in the future. Of course he expected Jaohan to cook sometimes when he got settled in.

Jaohan's ears twitched when Zachaeus explained that he would let him explore outside at a later time. He nodded after a moment before the man had went off to grab something. He sat down on one of the chairs, waiting for him to return. He wrapped his tail around his waist as he looked at the food that had been placed on it. His ears twitched once more when he heard the other return to the room.

But when he stood up and Zachaeus began to change his clothes, a dark blush raced across his cheeks. He fidgeted and tried to keep himself somewhat hidden from the man as he felt the clothes placed on him. His ears lowered against his head. He knew that the man had promised he wouldnt do anything unless he was ready. But bad habits were hard to break.

Once he was dressed, a small groan left him before he reached for his tail to pull it out of the pajama pants. Settling down after the discomfort was gone. He squirmed a little as he was picked up and placed back on the chair from before. His ears twitched a long moment when he was being praised once again. Whe his chin was scratched, his ears laid back against his head and a small purr escaped him.

He settled down on the chair once more and looked at the plate that had been set for him. He wasnt to sure which part he should start at. Everything looked so good, unlike the slop they fed him at the auction... when he was allowed to eat. He looked to the man when he heard him ask the question. "Uh...." He paused for a long moment before lowering his gaze. "I.. dont remember. Its been so long since I have had any good food." He said sadly.