The Ice Prince

Sai-Miyoshi

So yeah, i like wrote two 'fairy tales' or so and this is the first one ^////^ i know not very good eh but maa >///> I kinda wanna have it as picture book with like aquarel Drawings, cause thats how tis in me mind :3

Once upon a time there was a dragon. This dragon, although very sociable, loved flying around, exploring new areas. When he found a place that suited his taste, he would just stay there for some weeks and then fly to the next.

It was deep winter, when the dragon decided to settle in a small wood by a big frozen lake, next to a huge and beautiful castle. Loving how the lake reflected the moon and the stars, the dragon stayed awake every night just staring at the glistering mirror.

One day, the dragon was peacfully watching as always, a young boy came running towards the lake. He sat down at the shore and put on a pair of ice scating shoes. The dragon, having never sene something like that, was mesmirized at the figure, gliding over the frozen surface, twirling and jumping, moving in the most beautiful way the dragon could imagine.

This went on for some weeks, every night the boy came and scated over the lake, and every night the dragon would watch, slowly yet steadily becoming more and more fond of the little ice prince.

Yet sometimes the dragon ould notice something very worrisom: tears. Whilst on the lake, the little ice prince would cry. not loudly, no, silently, the salty pearls just running down his sad face, as he sspan around, his hair flying in the wind.

Then one night it all changed. Midnight came, and yet the prince did not appear. Time passed, and the dragon started seriously worrying, when suddenly a shaddow did appear on the shore. Yet it was different than normal. The little ice prince did not sit down to put on his funny shoes which made him fly over the ice, yet instead hee was carrying a metal object, which looked very sharp indeed.

Realising what was happening, the dragon stormed out of the woods and towards the lim figure, crying loudly this time whilst pointing the object toards his heart.

Screaming the boy let go and fell, shivering in fear.

'W-Wha?!!' he tried asking, still crying and hugging his legs. The sight broke the dragons heart, he didnt want to see the man so fearful and sad. And so he ever so gently wrapped his tail around the prince and lifted him up on his shoulders before covering him softly with his wings to rpotect him against the wind.

And so the dragon walked through the forrest, carrying the sobbing prince far away from the castle which had cause him so much pain. he walked and walked, not being able to fly since his wings were protecting the fragile creature on his back.

'Thank you....', he suddenly heard a soft voice from on is back. Stopping under a tree by a small river, the dragon opened his wings and let down the boy. He thought now that the prince had calmed down, he'd run away, yet it was quite the opposite: he kissed the scaled nose, a single tear running down his smiling face.

'Thank you'.

At the moment the boys lips touched the dragon, they were surrounded by some weird light, and the scales turned into smooth skinn, as the dragon transformed into a handsome young man, quite like the prince himself, yet different. It seems that the dragon was of a rare breed, a kind who were neither human nor dragon and who could change form, once they had been kissed by true love.

'Thank you'

And thus the dragon and the little ice prince lived happily ever after, traveling and sometimes scating on lakes together, both showing the other their world and its wonders.

Thank you very much for reading ^^ gomen for all the mistakes, i am currently trying to find out why me laptop doesnt give me spell check, cause i need that sh*t T___T

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yaoifictionlove

• Sai-Miyoshi

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I enjoyed reading this short story! Touching! I especially liked the fact that the dragon walked and didn't fly in order to not hurt the prince. Lovely!