BL recs after Counter Attack?

tsen

I just finished watching the Chinese webseries Counter Attack and I loved it so much :cuteonion41:

The main thing I love is how the main leads have such great chemistry together! My heart melted every time ChiCheng looked at WuSuoWei~

K I'm done fangirling now. Basically I'm asking all you lovely people who are more experienced than me for live action BL recommendations! I don't care which country it comes from or what the story is, I'm just looking for something not explicit (no rape) and the actors have to have good romantic chemistry!

So far the only dramas I've watched are Junjou Pure Heart, Like Love, and Counter Attack. (but I didn't really like Junjou Pure Heart because the main actors had as much chemistry as a log and a rock, sorry)

Also Eng subs would be nice but not necessary if it's in Mandarin Chinese (unless they have really heavy regional accents because I'm Taiwanese and there were parts in Counter Attack that I needed subs for lol)

Sorry if this is too specific, anything you can recommend would be great, thanks :)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• foodie

• tsen

• rhianirory

• Boboya

Yes!! I just finished watching counter attack and it's actually one of the few BL dramas that actually have really good chemistry between the actors. Pretty much all the characters in this show are like eye candy so that makes it x999 better than it already was. Even the behind the scenes vids on youtube shows how well the cast get along! wusuowei (i laugh at his name everytime LOL) is pretty dam cute and I really want to know what happens between him and his best friend at the clinic - I actually thought his best friend had a crush on him at the beginning?? idk why tho..

hahaha I have to agree with you on junjou pure heart... hahaha it was too bad cause the story wasn't too bad!

Although I'm no expert (I recently just started watching BL live action), I really really recommend watching

- Takumi-kun series. Don't get disheartened by the first one, the 2 - 5 movies are muuuch better.

- Just friends; a korean short film. It's light-hearted, funny, sexy, suUUUPER CUUTE. DON'T WORRY ABT THE INTRO SONG THE FILM ISN'T LIKE THAT AT ALL.

- Ai no kotodama is pretty good, it's cute. You can try the second one but the actors aren't too good :"(

- itsuka ni kimi e; the plot isn't a typical bl plot! Although I kinda saw the ending coming, it was pretty good.

I'll give boyslove1&2 a mention because I love the main couple but the plot was draggy and unnecessary.

I've seen a few more but they're not really worth mentioning... either because of shitty stereotypes, acting, chemistry, or weird ass storylilne. I think I liked counterattack and just friends a lot because it was lighthearted/funny/cute - a lot of movies are serious/sad so it's a really good change of pace. Have fun finding more movies/dramas to watch! And let me know if you find any that you love :D

Sorry abt the long ass post!! hahaha

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
Omg I'm not the only one who thinks the doctor has a crush on him! I can't wait to see how everything develops in the next season...

I'm def going to check out everything on your list, thanks sooo much!

Also I think I pretty much watched every BTS vid on youtube out of sheer impatience :cuteonion57:

yeahhh sigh... I hope it comes out soooon I seriously love the show like 2893658724 times more just from watching all those bts vids and seeing them get along so well with each other :3

YEAH but now I'm like torn between whether I want him to end up with the doctor or with the (police?) dude

YUUUS let me know which ones you enjoy !! :)

AHAHAHA THAT IS EXACLTY WHAT I DID LOL I wasted a whole day on that stupid youtube channel and even tried to sign up for weibo so I could follow them LOL

• 5 months later...

Ooooo yeah I watched this one, it was hilarious. Loved the bit where he looked up gay sex and was like........'oh!' Also perfect ending when

he basically gave the girl the finger, 'that's cause he loves me now'.

Plus the special

with him wanting to be top,

priceless! I so watched the whole thing in a day, and I'd only ever seen Japanese stuff until then.

• 2 months later...

i keep hoping they do another season of counterattack! i love the leads; so much hot chemistry there.

these dramas both have complete eng subs

addicted s1- great chemistry, hot leads and an engaging story (15 episodes) season 2 confirmed

love sick s1-2- good chemistry, lots of squeee moments with the main couple (s1-12ep, s2-36ep) based on an awesome book version

• 1 month later...

In the novel the doctor did not necessarily had a crush on WSW eventhough he was kind of attracted to him in a I appreciate your looks and you as a person. But his jealousy towards CC wasn't because he liked WSW but because he felt like he was the one who transformed WSW from a chubby, down on his luck, too-honest, and passionless nobody into the WSW that was able to 'catch' CC. So there were a few lines in the novel where the doctor was thinking those thoughts in a very cute 'hmmmph' pouty kind of way.

I love the doctor.

• 1 month later...

I've only just finished Counterattack myself and the couple has easily become one of my alltime favourites. Reel and real. The chemistry is off the charts. The real life bromance definitely made me love them more. I've been stalking their videos on YouTube ever since. The BTS show how comfortable they are with each other, and intimate scenes to them is as easy as breathing. I ship QingYu so much!!!!!!

By now you've probably already watched Addicted, based off a novel by same author of Counterattack. I love her style so much. Addicted was definitely my first recommendation.

I'd also recommend checking out Thai series and films.

• 6 months later...

if you like thai dramas 'Make It Right the series' and 'Sotus the series' are both amazing.

Feel Good To Say Goodbye, Love's coming, Addicted, Yandai St. 10 (not sure about the title of this one, but it looks like that hahaha, sorry) My Bromance, Bad Romance (The BL Cuts), Red Wine In The Dark