Database ERROR? Host OFFLINE?

No Time For Losers Ltd.

Dear YO'staff?

I've couldn't go to another page lately, it turned to Database ERROR and ...OFFLINE page since the new year comes and It'll be back to normal after that about 10-15 mins~~ Do you have any suggests to me to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

By the way I'm using wi-fi from Asia.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• stress7777

• No Time For Losers Ltd.

• andredmcampos

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
This is actually not an error You can fix. It's not an error on the user side of the webpage, but on the server's side. It's either badwidth limitations from the site or instability due to too much simultaneous access. Either way, YO staff would need to check with the service provider for the server to check what was the problem and try to work around. If it's due to too much simultaneous conections, then the problem is a bit bigger, since the solution would be buying more space wich means more costs and would require more donation to sustain.

If it's bandwidth limitation, it might be because of the server's priority configuration. They would set priority to who's accessing from closer conections, and we accessing from 'further away' would be kicked out eventually.

Btw, I'm not YO Staff, I'm just commenting, xD

,,,,Thx a lot your explain is very clearly. Got that Salute U!

@

Like @

said, the issue is on the server end. I've talked to the server team countless times to find the root of this issue. They said it's due to heavy traffic that the server overheats and the SQL (database) goes down.

I know it's frustrating and annoying, but we try to do everything possible to harden and optimize the server so we manage to keep the site running with the current resources.

If we won't manage in any way, we'll have to move to a new server.

@Key, umm...I got it! it's a technical problem,,,you do the best anyway, dont worry.

I just want to know what is it...I'm fine I'm not frastrated at all. THAX :D

ganbatte.jpg?w=730&h=516

One thing You guys could do is get a secondary server/sub-server and allocate the downloadable's uploads on that server, that way You make sure the heavy traffic and the regular traffic coming from the YO are separated. That might help. I don't know how to dual-server on foruns, thou, so You'd probably have to do a little research on the topic. Also, I don't know US servers, so I'm not sure about the costs involved in doing this.

@

The downloads themselves (the files) are not hosted on our server, except for the manga series we offer for online reading. That would make the costs go over the roof.

Each time a member visits a page, a few tens (to hundreds) of queries are made to the database. Now, imagine when 1000 people browse pages in the same time, how many queries are sent to the database. So, in the end the database simply 'suffocates'. What we are trying now is to tweak the server so it can handle more simultaneous requests.

Ouch. Didn't know that a forum was so database-demanding. Good luck on that,

, and keep the good job. You guys rock!

Yeah, forums are very database-demanding, especially this platform, vBulletin and even more, if it's customized with plugins and features like YO. Thank you, it's gonna be needed. (:

Hi guys,

For me, the forum page

has not been actualized for some days. The first post remains "I hate the dentist" and the last post is always "Today, 06:53 PM".

Any idea whether it's my PC, the server problems or something different...?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, Key.

Thanks for your answer.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox, and I've just deleted all the Yaoiotaku cookies, but it's still the same, the page for the Yaoi Manga Forum hasn't changed :(

Thanks a lot, Key. I'll try to do so.

Probably the best solution would be changing this old computer of mine but, for now, no way... ^^