The Build of Utopia: The Perfected City (~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~ & Teesie)

Teesie

He glances back once again, and notices that Sadao had decided to follow him. He slows down a bit, so that after a moment the two were walking side by side, in silence. He wasn't sure where to go, since he didn't really know the lay out of the city that well. He'd been a prisoner in the labs for nearly his whole life, so this place was a totally new place to him. "Is there any place we can go, without others seeing or hearing us?' He asks, glancing over at Sadao, who looked lost in his own thoughts. He had to make sure that the two of them weren't overheard, or things would get ugly, for both of them.

What was going to happen, once he told Sadao what was truly going on? Would the other male believe him, or would he just mock Kohaku, say that he was just delusional, it wasn't true. He hoped the other would be more understanding, but from what he'd witnessed so far from Sadao only made him think the other would brush the words he told him aside, as if they were nothing special. He hoped Sadao wouldn't do that, but there was no guarantee.

Once they reached a spot, Kohaku looks around, almost all traces of fuzziness gone from his mind, and it showed too. His eyes looked more focused, his movements less sluggish. After making one hundred percent sure that no one was around to listen in on them, he looks to Sadao, a serious expression on his face. "Okay, so...I have to ask you this. Are you going to listen, and not scoff at me? Cause if you are going to do that, then I'm not saying anything at all...Also, please promise you won't tell anyone what I'm about to say..." He waited confirmation, standing firmly in front of Sadao.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teesie

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

The two had been walking aimlessly for some time now. Tadashi was staring off in the distant, not paying much attention to the surrounding. All he knew to do was follow after the silver haired acquit. Movement was soon halted, as a secluded place was reached. The brunette didn't know much of Utopia himself, hence why he didn't answer to the previous questions.

"Okay, so...I have to ask you this. Are you going to listen, and not scoff at me? Cause if you are going to do that, then I'm not saying anything at all...Also, please promise you won't tell anyone what I'm about to say..."

"I can't promise you that I won't scoff, although for different reason than not believing you; however I can keep this conversation secret. It isn't like we know much anyhow, yet alone have supporters." He stated, pursing his lips as he glaced away from Kohaku.

The older male could only imagine what it was the teen wanted to speak of. Surely it was of his experience, but Sadao couldn't be too sure. Had the beauty knew of something, would he willing inform him? The creators were being quite reckless for a change. To let an imprisoned man out and into the society. It was corruption waiting to happen.

--Benefits me though. If the idealist is up to no good, then I'd want to know as well. I'll doubt if this brat knows anything, but I can only be so sure.

He sighs, but guessed that was the best response he was going to get from the other male. no denying that fact. He takes a deep breath, looks around one last time to check for any eavesdroppers, and then begins to speak, keeping his voice low just in case someone was actually listening in on them and their conversation.

"I'm only telling you the things I know, which isn't everything, okay? But from what I went through, I've determined a few facts about this 'Utopian City'. It's all a ruse, a experiment undercover. To watch and monitor a select group of people, after given a certain medicine. A medicine that eventually controls the mind, and makes the people slaves to their own people. But me, I'm sort of the star guinea pig. They used me to create this medicine, because for some reason my body kept making antidotes for what they gave me. It's hard to explain...."

He quiets a little, trying to gather his thoughts together, so it made more sense to Sadao. He wasn't sure if the other was fully following everything he was saying, but went on nonetheless. "Now then, the gods of the city want to create a world that they control, they want full power. And whenever someone speaks out of turn, they WILL kill that person, or do some other awful thing...like kill the ones that person loves..." When he says that, images flash in front of his eyes. Images of his parents being killed, of his fellow students being slaughtered in front of him. Because he had refused to obey. To do what he was told.

The brunette blew, feeling a bit irritated. Such a pathetic city gathered the attention of more than fifty thousand people. At the word of free many would break their necks to make the deal. It wasn't anything other than what Sadao thought. Of course the idealist wasn't as stupid as he thought, or maybe he had such cases that happened to make him aware of the problems.

Smirking lightly, Tadashi stared to the beauty. As if matters could get worse. The whole town were test subjects, with Kohaku, as he said, being the star. Not much neither could do at the moment. It was bascialy useless. Shrugging without much of a care, Sadao began to talk.

"What does it even matter? There is no reason to fear for our lives when it is already in the hands of another. What's the use of living when you're dead inside." Glancing to the sun, that could never glare back into his eyes. The dome didn't allow much of nature. Limited sources. Not much greenery. No streams. Little wildlife. As if the animals could survive in such a place.

"Is that all?" The brunette announced, now finding the conversation annoying. How stupid could these citizens be?

"What does it matter?! It matters to survive!" Kohaku replies, anger flashing in his eyes. He felt like striking out at Sadao, but keeps his anger in control. However it was obvious he was irritated, his body was shaking, and his clenched fists were trembling at his side. He grits his teeth, glaring at Sadao. Why didn't this guy understand? The meaning of living was to survive, even in a so called 'perfected' city. "Yeah, that's all I have to tell you! I knew it was a mistake even trying to explain." He spins around, and storms back, but then stops. Turns around, walks back, and punches Sadao right in the jaw. Surprisingly, despite his puny, scrawny body, Kohaku was quite strong, and sent the other to the ground.

"When you're ready to accept what I have to say, you know where to find me. Don't talk to me until then. Got it?" After those words, he actually leaves, and once home, locks his doors, windows, and everything else, hiding away inside of his bedroom, curled up under the blankets of the bed. Why couldn't Sadao just try to understand? Why did he keep making the same mistakes? Survival was a must, especially in this place. He'd figure that out soon enough, or perish.

It was the same old story. Survive, survive, survive. Anger, and irritation. Sadao stared in disinterest, waiting until the silver haired teen was done with his fit. The brunette knew that living meant much to Kohaku. He wasn't planning to change that, albeit Tadashi seen no point in fighting. It was the same as if someone was struggling to breathe when trapped under water. It was all in vain; useless.

"Yeah, that's all I have to tell you! I knew it was a mistake even trying to explain."

Raising a brow to the figure angrily stomping away, Sadao gave a shrug as he was to forget about the subject. The smaller male surely had an attitude about it all. It wasn't that big a deal to the eldest of the two. Not that he wasn't a fighter. Not that he didn't go against the cruelty. Simply because he couldn't make a change by himself.

In thought, the brunette wasn't aware of the approaching teen. After he felt a sting, stumbling and meeting the concrete below, a growl was given to the opposing human.

"When you're ready to accept what I have to say, you know where to find me. Don't talk to me until then. Got it?"

The statement was only given a glare. Was the other asking for a death wish? Striking him wasn't the answer to his petty problems. Humming lowly, Sadao stood and whipped the dirt from his clothing. Well, it seemed that was the end of their relationship, or whatever it was to be called.

It was early evening by the time Kohaku crawled out from beneath the sheets of his bed, having finally calmed down from the conversation he had earlier with Sadao. Sitting on the edge of the bed, he stares at the carpeted floor, between his bare feet, wondering if he'd done the right thing when he told Sadao what he did. But even if it had been the wrong choice, there was no going back on the words he had said. The words couldn't be taken back, no matter how hard he tried. Sighing softly, he gets up, walking slowly towards the desk that was set against the outer wall of the room, in front of a window, that if he sat down in the chair, he could look out onto the street.

He opens all of the drawers, finding the usual desk type things. Paper, pens and pencils, a ruler, paperclips, a stapler with a box of extra staples, etc. He pulls a sheet of blank lined paper from one of the notebooks that he'd found, sits down, and picks up a pencil, placing the sharpened tip against the paper, holding it there, thinking. He furrows his brow, biting the bottom of his lip, as he tried to figure out what to say on the paper, and eventually it comes to him.

After finishing the letter he was writing, he locates an envelope, writes a name on the front, and closes it. Leaving the desk, he exits his room, then goes downstairs, puts his shoes on, and heads outside. He walks across the street to where Sadao's house was, and slips the envelope into the mailbox, then returns to his own house, sitting on the couch in the front room, spacing out after a few minutes.

The letter that Kohaku had written was adressed to Sadao. If and when Sadao read it, it was written as follows:

Sadao,

I'm sorry for not telling you everything, like I had promised. I'm also sorry for hitting you. But you need to understand, that life for me is precious. It may not be like that for you, but one day you'll understand the way I feel. I truly hope you will. I apologize for leaving as I did, not fully explaining myself. I should know to control my anger more, but sometimes it's too hard.

What I'm trying to say is, I hope we can talk again. You're the first person whom I've been able to feel connected to, and I'm sure you feel the same way. I hope that, maybe someday, we could call each other friends.

Until that day comes, please know that I truly wish to keep you safe. From the gods, from the city, and from yourself. I want to be your friend.

Sincerely,

Kohaku

Sadao stared to the city from the window of his bedroom. All buildings in the neighborhood was aligned perfectly. In the middle stood the facility in which the gods resided. The view, to Tadashi was both bothersome and refreshing. It was beautiful, yet ruined. Peaceful, though deadly. Perfect, however corrupted. There's wasn't a good that wasn't accompanied by the bad in Utopia. An inaugural concept of the perfected city.

Shifting his body to roll onto his back, Sadao sighed and glanced toward the television. Once again the sterile was needed to be given. The brunette thought it would have only been once, albeit it didn't seem to be. Signing heavily, he turned away to face the wall. There was a need for rest that his body yearned for, however couldn't accept. He was restless. There wasn't much sense of this place. It was a fail, but Sados knew the idealist would go to extreme lengths so that the ideal was a success. What sick interest had this man wanted.

"Why'd I have to be pulled into this? Had I deserved this? What have I committed to be a guinea pig to this place. What a waste of lives." He voiced. Shrugging after a while of thinking. There wasn't a point in being saddened or upset. Whatever happened, happened.

For a while, Kohaku remained where he was on the couch, but eventually snaps out of his daze. He stands up, going over to the large front window, and looks out. Taking in the view, he then sighs softly, closing the curtains and shutting out the view, both to the outside, and the inside. Backing away, he stares at the closed curtains, a small frown on his lips. Even though he was free, he still felt trapped. There was no true escape from the 'gods'. The only real way, was through death.

Sighing, he turns from the covered window, and walks away, heading up the stairs that lead to the second floor of the house. His bedroom, a bathroom, a small study, and a guestroom were located on the second floor. Kohaku makes his way to the bathroom, and once inside he walks over to the tub/shower, turning the handles, and watching as the water flowed from the faucet.

Eventually he removes his clothing, his body thin, but not scrawny. He had multitudes of scars along his skin, on his arms, legs, chest, stomach, and back. They were all the same length too. Each and every one of the scars were an inch long, and thin, as if made by some sort of small blade. Staring at his skin a moment, he then steps under the water, as he'd switched it from bath to shower. He sighs softly, letting the water just flow over him, dripping down his skin, soaking his hair.

He hoped Sadao had gotten the letter. Kohaku meant what he'd written.

Stretching, Sadao stood from the bed to proceed downstairs. His parents were free of work today; and if the brunette knew his mother, he was sure she'd like to spend time with him.

"So, I see that the sterile will have to be taken once again. How'd it go for you Sadao?"

"Huh?" The teen countered, not liking to answer questions so early in the morning, yet alone did he care for the topic at hand. "I don't know. Besides being thrown to the ground I guess it was okay." He answered, shrugging in annoyance.

"You have to learn to respect this place Sadao. You will get in a lot of trouble."

Why? Because I'm not a slave to this idealist as you all are. You lost all morals when you came here. I don't care to die, because living here feels as if I already have."

The woman slammed a plate onto the table, the glass shattering and startling the two males in the room. "Don't you talk to me that way! Furthermore, this place will save you from the corruption beyond here. Have you ever thought of the pollution? The resources? It will all be hell outside of Utopia. You'll thank me years from now. I was looking out for you."

The brunette stared for a moment before shaking his head in disgust. This woman was paranoid. "I don't want any breakfast." Deciding to return to his room, before a calloused palm halted his movement.

"What is wrong with you? Your mother is looking out for you."

Snatching away, Sadao laughed. "What is with this, 'looking out for you'? Oh yeah of course. I suppose she was also looking out for me when handing me over to a poorly woman that couldn't even take care of herself. How was it expected that she care for me too. Though, I grew to love that woman. If we moved here to...save ourselves...why isn't she here?"

Silence blanketed the area, having Sadao prove as to why he was upset. There wasn't a conscious with these two. It was all about them.

By the next morning Kohaku had made himself quite acquainted with the new living setting around him, and he was currently sitting on he front couch, eating a plate of breakfast, staring at the TV screen, though not really paying attention to the news that was being shown on the channel that was currently playing.

He felt terrible at the moment, he guessed that even though he went to all that trouble of writing that letter, that Sadao either didn't get it, or he had gotten it, and didn't read it, or he DID read it and didn't care about what was said. So many ideas of what could have happened floated around in his head Kohaku felt like he was going to die from over thinking things. Maybe he'd made a miscalculation about the guy? Maybe Sadao didn't even care.

Sighing softly, he finished his food and gets up from the couch, walking across the room and towards the kitchen entrance, placing the plate in the sink. He stares down at the white china for a moment, a look of concentration on his face, but then shakes his head, and turns away, leaving the kitchen once more to take his place once again on the couch. If Sadao wanted to talk, he'd come to him...right?

Even though he highly doubted this, Kohaku had punched the guy in the face after all. And not many people enjoyed that kind of thing, or thought of people as their friends after that had happened. Kohaku closes his eyes a bit, sighing once again, hoping against all hope that the other male had forgiven him, or something along that line, and would be willing to talk to him again. Because, Kohaku doubted that anyone else would ever be wanting to talk to someone like him. Sadao had been the only one who had looked at him and not cringed.