You're Under Arrest! (18+) < HellRapbit & Atemluver >

Atemluver

HellRapbit's Character:

Apperance:

b04563cc4078dec391c10c904e73d2f3.jpg

Hiromori Shunsuke

Shunsuke grew up as an only child in the rich part of town. His father is the CEO of a huge computer company while is mother was a famous photographer. But one night, when he was around 8, his father was shot and killed in a robbery that went wrong. The lose of his father devastated his mother, even more so when the cops couldn't fine who was responsible. So with that, he decided to be a cop. Not only so this can never happen to anyone else, but so he can find the man responsible for his father's death. Despite being so young, after only two years in the field he already moved up the ranks. When you see him he's always wearing shades of some kind. The reason being his he doesn't like to show his eyes. They show your weaknesses would be his excuse but there's more to it then that.

Atemluver's Character:

Appearance:

normal_590.jpg

Shiki

Shiki grew up in a difficult household, with his father being a deadbeat and his mother roaming the streets for money to make ends meet for her family. Shiki dropped out of high school during his freshman year, and immediately turned to the streets. There he joined a five member gang called “Beats” and together they roam the streets at night looking for victims to rob. Shiki wields a gun, but he has never killed anyone before. He has shot numerous victims but he has never committed murder.

Shiki hates cops, and sees them of the scum of the city, not knowing anything about the ways of the streets and arresting his friends because of “justice”. He is extremely agile, and can run extremely fast, he can outrun just about any cop. Shiki would rather die than get arrested by any cop.

Despite not having a good education Shiki is still extremely sharp, and knows when it is best to stand and fight, and when it is best to run away. His weakness lies in his strength, since he doesn’t have the best of build, he can’t take on too many other people at once. He is also very mischievous and it is difficult to tell if he is messing with you are just telling the truth.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HellRapbit

• Atemluver

"Shunsuke get back here!"

On the busy streets of the center of the city, on a cold windy day. We see a man wearing shades chasing a criminal on the pavement as his partner struggles to keep up. This cop we see here, is Shunsuke. And, at this moment, is chasing down a criminal who was caught trying to kidnap a child. The chase last through the busy pavements and streets until the criminal tripped, falling over. Before he could catch his self, Shunsuke caught up and tackled the guy to the ground. With a satisfied sigh, he handcuffed the man. Roughly pulling him to his feet. His partner finally caught up, bending over with his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath as he recited the Miranda Rights the criminal. After that he took the man from Shunsuke's grip and dragged back to their cruiser. Which his about five blocks away. Shunsuke let out a sigh and followed his partner, today was his last day as a cop. As of tomorrow, he will be a detective. He may be the youngest to ever be one. Suddenly music started to play from his pocket, it was his cellphone. He took it out and answered it. "Hiromori," he said.

"Did you guys catch that scumbag?"

Shunsuke chuckled as he sat in the passenger seat of the cruiser as his partner put said scumbag in the back. Going to the driver seat to start the car and head back to the station. "It wasn't that hard," he answered, "The guy wasn't that good at running really."

Well i'm glad everything's okay. This is your last day as a cop kiddo, the station is going to miss you. Hiromori let out a sigh and looked out at the buildings flying by out his window. "Yeah, me too."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day we find our former cop Shunsuke outside the detective building, being intimadated by it's size. Holy shit it's huge. He took a nervous breath, fixing his shades, and walked into the building. Today he was no longer a cop but a detective. He walked up to the a woman behind a counter who was looking through some files. "Hi," he greeted, getting her attention, "I'm Hiromori Shunsuke. I'm the newbie here." As soon as he explained his self, the lady gave him a huge grin. "Oh, so you're the new detective here!" she pointed to a seat across from the counter. "Just wait right there, the chief will be with you soon." Shunsuke nodded and did what he was told siting down in the chair. He didn't have to wait long, because a man around his forties or so came up to him. "So you must be the famous Hiromori." The new detective looked up and gave a lop sided smile. "Infamous, really." he stood up and shook the man's hand and walked with him towards the back. The chief chuckled, "You'll fit right in newbie."

I walked slowly down the busy cities streets, under the soft glow of the neon signs. Even though the slums of the city are for the most part a dump, I still loved the way the street lamps illuminated certain chosen streets, and cast others into the darkness. In a way it reminded me a little of life, unless you were one of the lucky few born into a rich, or well off family, you were left in this dump to rot. I let out a soft sign, it wasn't like me to think too much of the past, or of my situation. When I was little I always hated living in constant poverty, but I guess with time I got used to it and it doesn't bother me too much. Heck, I can do whatever I want now, no studying, no stupid low paying office job, just the streets.

"Shiki wait for meeee!" I heard the familiar voice grow closer to me, until the man who was desperately trying to catch up to me came to a stop. He bent over panting, clearly exhausted from his chase. It's not my fault he was slow, I told him if he couldn't keep the same pace as me to just go back home, I'm not a babysitter. "Man, you really live up to your name." The man said still panting.

I clicked my tongue and simply replied, "I told you if you couldn't keep up this job wasn't for you."

The man frowned at me before saying, "But I want to get on some of the action. Please Shiki, I'll do better. Plllleeeasseee." I rolled my eyes at his request. I don't really care what this punk does, if he gets caught by the cops not my problem.

"Fine, but hurry up next time." I told him as I increased my pace walking towards our destination, the concert hall. There would be so many rich people there all we need to do is pick a few, pickpocket them and we'd be able to eat for a week. I like to call it "forceful charity". These people have so much money anyway, why not give us a few dollars so we don't starve.

The chief and the detective made it to the back were there was a lot of busy people. They walked passed the commotion to wait seems to be the chief's office. The man opened the door and gestured for the newbie to go inside ahead of him. Shunsuke gave a polite smile and walked in, looking around the office. It had a couple family pictures and diplomas. On the right there was the chief's desk it folders upon folders on it with a two chairs in front of it. The former sat down on one of the chairs folding his arms as he waited for the chief. The older man closed the door and sat at his desk, searching through his files. This office is kind of homey, in a kind of bare way. "So," the man started, snapping Shunsuke out of his thoughs. "You have quite the file hear kid." The younger detective just shrugged in response, not really giving a verbal remark. The chief continued. "Says here that you busted at least 50 more criminals in your two years as a cop then one who was there for at least 10." Again, Shunsuke just shrugged but this time with a smug look. "You must be really infamous amongst thugs of the city kid."

"I told you I was infamous chief."

The chief just smiled and handed the newbie a folder. " I know today is your first day but I have a case for you." Shunsuke raised an eyebrow in question through his shades, looking through the folder as the man spoke. "There has been a lot of pickpockets at the Concert Hall. It's filled with a lot of rich snobs and is every thieves dream place." The newbie nodded and put the file back on the desk. "So you want me to go in and catch one of them in the act?" he asked, settling more into the chair. The chief just shrugged. "More or less so. I'm partnering you up with agent Rei, he's been in this field for ten years so he can help you get settled." The older man waved his hand, telling him to get going. Shunsuke nodded and got up heading towards the door. "Oh and newbie, where something nice." He nodded and walked out of the office, closing the door behind him. Already on a case on my first day. Letting out a sigh, he walked through the chaos of people. looking for this agent Rei when a man came up to him, all smiles. "Hey," the man greeted, "Are you agent Shunsuke?" The former cop just nodded. That seems to be enough for the man as he wrapped his arm around the younger on, dragging him out of the office. "I'm Rei, i'm going to be your partner for now on. So first we have to go buy something nice to wear so we can get inside the Concert Hall." Rei went on and on and Shunsuke just let out a suffering sigh. This is going to be a long day...

I let out another deep sigh, this punk really is going to be the end of me isn't he? He keeps having to stop and question every little detail, every single second. This is why I hate kids, but I guess I was the same as him when I was his age so I should cut him some slack, plus hes a member of my gang, practically my little brother. "Hey Shiki, why do people come all the way out here for a concert? They know their out by the slums right?" I sighed deeply, this kid really doesn't know anything does he?

"Well, this city was actually nice a long time ago, way before my time, or my parents time even. That concert hall was built back in the 20's, when people took pride in their work. It's a very pretty concert hall, newly renovated to boot. The only down side is that it is close to the slums, but I guess that makes it even better for rich people. They get a show, and they get to laugh at us poor saps along the way." The punk stared at me like that was the most interesting story he had ever heard. Sheesh, no wonder this kid can't get any chicks, hes so clueless. "Hey be careful who you pickpocket kid. The police know what we're doing and sometimes they'll try and send in their stupid detectives to serve us 'justice'. What a load of crap if you ask me. Anyway don't go pick pocketing any young men you hear me? Go after the large old guys, no way they are a detective. Remember, if you get your ass caught it's not my problem understand?"

"I understand! Don't worry Shiki, I'm a good pickpocket!" He exclaimed while looking at me with those bright big eyes of his. Sheesh, he really is going to get caught isn't he. Well whatever. We continued walking until we reached our destination. Good thing we know better and wore our suits just for this occasion, we won't stick out at all.

When Shunsuke got to the Concert Hall with Rei, he already wanted to kill him. It's like the man had no off button. Not wonder he had no partner, his last one probably skipped town from his endless chatter. The former cop let out another suffering sigh as he got of the car, trying to get as far away from his new partner as possible. Rei just kept talking as he gave the a man the keys to his car, telling him not to leave a scratch. While the older one was wearing a simple black suit with a bowtie, Shunsuke's was anything but. His shades were still in place while his shirt was un-tucked with a few buttons at the top undone. His suit was black and tight fitting. Rei wanted him to wear a tie but when his partner threatened his life in a very unpleasant way after the fourth time he just let it go. With a nod towards his partner, the two detectives made there way into the hall, not needing to show ID because of them being cops and of Shunsuke's background. They made inside and the newbie already regretted having this case. There was nothing but older rich folks who held their heads high. As if to silently say they were better then each other. And their laughs, it made the former cop cringe. It's not like anyone could see. The laughs sounded so fake and hollow. He grabbed a drink from a waiter you was walking by, downing half of it in one go. "You better not get drunk on your first case Hiromori." his partner said, his voice scolding but still playful. The other just raised an eyebrow in response and looked around, scanning the crow. The pickpockets must know how to blend in. This is going to be a little more challenging then Shunsuke expected. "We should split up," he said to Rei, giving him a glance, "It'll be easier to catch one of the pickpockets in action." Rei nodded, grinning. Before the newbie could walk off and finally get away from the chatterbox, his partner called his name. With a groan he turned around, glaring at him through his shades. "Make sure you blend in and socialize Hiromori, you already stand out with your shades." Shunsuke just rolled his eyes and walked away. Socialize? He sighed as he made his way towards a group of rich folks to 'socialize' before the concert begins.

When we finally arrived at the concert hall, we showed the ticket master our tickets and walked right on in. An old man who smelt terribly of old spice ran into me, muttered something along the lines of, 'sorry I didn't notice you chap you were so short,' gave a fake laugh and walked right past me. It was the perfect crime I thought as I put the mans wallet in my pocket. I swear the stupidity of some people nowadays. Well at least that makes my job even easier.

The punk and I took our seats, still some time before the show would start, far too early to get to work. I pulled out the mans wallet that I stole, took the money out of it and stuffed it in my own pocket, before finding another clueless sap to give the wallet back to. Only a fool keeps the whole wallet on him this early in the game. Clearly at the intermission the victim will notice he is missing his wallet and report it to the police. Well since it's not on me anymore, not like it matters. I laugh to myself, as I gaze around the hall. Hmm...that's odd for a man to wear sunglasses at a concert, either way it reeks of detective, so I decide to steer my way clear of that mess. But it's odd for detectives to go in alone, he must have at least a partner...

Shunsuke couldn't stand another minute with these people. The whole conversation was filled whit fake laughs and throwing shade. No wonder these people get pickpocketed, they're compete snobs. I don't know how dad dealt with this. He was barely listening to the conversation they were having, something about age cream or something. The detective was already on his sixth drink. Unfortunately for him, the drinks was none alcoholic. Great, just...great. Not only does he have to listen to them go on and on about their grandchildren and company, he had to do it sober. He politely excused his self from the group and hightailed it out of there. The newbie looked around for his partner, only to find him flirting with a woman who was so far out of his league and reeked of 'gold digger'. Shunsuke rolled his eyes and walked over towards the seat. It seems that he was now abandoned and stuck with some snobs. Some of the older women even tried to hook up with him or with their children because of his title. It's all about title for them. He found an empty seat next to a guy who looked around his age. Surely, he was dying of boredom and wanted to get out of this prison as much as his self. With a shrug, the former cop walked over and sat down next to him. "You don't mind if I seat here do you? I don't think I can handle another 'when I was your age' story. I might just burn this place to the ground." he said. apparently the drink still gave him some sort of buzz. He leaned back in his seat, sighing in content. this is more like it. No more old people with an ego the size of Russia. Hopefully the concert will start soon so he can take a short nap, or just play games on his phone. Most likely the latter. Unless Rei decides to give up trying to take one of these women home and come over to talk his ears off. Hopefully not that. Anything but that. He glanced over at the stranger he was siting next to through hos shades. Taking in his features just in case he needed to remember him for any reason. I wonder if one of his parents dragged him here against his will. Poor dude. Shunsuke's hand was itching to take out his phone and just play mindless games. He couldn't take this anymore. It was driving him insane. Rei better have found a pickpocket soon or he might just loose it. Literately, he will. He's going to go drive half way across town to a bar just to drink the memories of this concert away.

Well this is just fantastic, look who decided to sit down next to me, if it isn't Mr. Sunglasses himself. "No I don't mind if you sit here." I told Mr.Sunglasses with a small smile on my face. Great with this guy is glued to me I can't do anything, could this night get any worse?

"Hey mister, why do you have those sunglasses? Is it because you're shady? Hah, get it, shady. Because of the sunglasses." Oh my god, the punk didn't really ask him that did he? And was that supposed to be a pun? I placed my hand over my face over the sheer stupidity of the question, I knew I shouldn't have brought this kid along, he is going to blow our cover.

"Please excuse my little brother sir, you see he doesn't get out of the house too much.." I say with a smile. I swear when we get back to the hang out I am going to beat this punk to a pulp. "So did your parents make you attend this to 'get to know the people of business' as well? I don't understand why they make us go to these, considering it's all old rich men, and their wife's." I downplay my sentence with a laugh, as I continue to stare at Mr.Sunglasses. Really? Who does wear sunglasses in the middle of the night? At a concert too. Well Detectives these days are all weird. But isn't he a little too young to be a detective? No no, something just doesn't sit right with this guy, and I know my intuition has never led me astray.

Shunsuke couldn't help but chuckle at the younger ones questions.Really? Shady? He glance over at the kid and gave hima smirk. " Nice pun there kid but no that's not why i wear these shades. My eyes are very sensitive so i have to wear them. They also tell stories." Those was two if the many excuses he had for wearing shades everywhere he went. He just always wore shades, even when he was five. It's a habit, and protection for his self. When the stranger he was seated close to apologized for his little brother's behaviour he just waved it off. "It's no big deal," he started lookinh around the crowd. Everyone was taking their seats in a hurry, must be because the concert is about to start soon. "I get questions like that a lot." The lights in the hall started to dim, an announcer saying over a p.a system that there was five minutes till the show. When the stranger asked the former cop if his parents forced him to go he snorted, shrugging with a lopsided grin. "Something like that. My friend wanted me to go 'socialize' with people from the same rank as me. And let me tell you, i hate it here. I should probably leave him hear for making me go to this snob fest." The detective knew not to blow his cover, not even with someone who was just an innocent bystander. He didn't want to risk it. There was four minutes left before the concert and Shunsuke gave into temptation. Taking out his phone and playing mindless app games. This was just too much for his sanity to take. Old women trying to flirt with him who smelled like they bathed in perfume, old men who told him stories about when they were children real men fought out their differences, and stuck women who try to get in his pants just to get a taste of his title. There's just so much the mind can take. After a good three minutes of playing games he put his phone back in his pocket. There was about thirty seconds left till show time and he still hasn't seen his big mouth of a partner. Don't tell me he actually found someone to go home with. Great, I'm stuck in this prison because he was my ride back to the station. I knew i should've drove my own car here.

Shunsuke glared at the crowd through his shades, hoping to find some trace of Rei so he could kill him for leaving him stranded. Everyone started to hush each other as the concert started. "And let the hell begin." he muttered darkly to himself, hpoing the apocalypse will come to end this horror.

Where's zombies when you need them?

I couldn't help but laugh at Mr. Sunglasses, as he appeared to be in a pretty bad mood over attending this torture. I mean I hate this as much as the next guy, but if I could make some money off of this I'll sit through a million of these boring shows. Staring at Mr. Sunglasses phone, I found myself captivated. I had no money for a cellphone, nor did I particularity want one, but still. To be rich and have all types of things at your fingertips...it seemed too good to be true. I had to suppress the urge to ask Mr. Sunglasses if I could try one of his games, since it would only blow my cover. Plus it would only make me crave things that I knew I couldn't have.

Finally it looked like the show was starting, and Mr. Sunglasses could not be happier. With the amount of groans emanating from his mouth, I could have guessed that he was being stabbed.

"Pssst Shiki what is this show thing even about?" the little punk next to me asked. It's not like I cared, I was only here for the money. Also there seems to be no end to this kids stupidity, using my real name in a place like this, and with Mr. Shady next to me, it's like he wants us to get arrested. Well not like I was stupid enough to rob Mr. Sunglasses but still.

"Just be quiet and watch it." I tell the punk in an angry tone. I'm not going to jail today, I'd rather die than get arrested by some dirty cop. Although...upon closer inspection Mr. Sunglasses isn't too shabby. If only he was a punk on the streets. I let out a small sigh. Why do all the hot guys have to follow the law.

He was dying, this was a slow and painful death to him. He couldn't take anymore. Although he did listen to the two guys on his left conversation.So the guy's name his Shiki. I guess i got a name to a face. The stranger, Shiki, seemed a little pissed off at his younger brother for some odd reason. Shunsuke just thought of it just being the older brother. But it's not like he completely buys the story. The former cop has heard of almost all of the fake background stories and the one that this Shiki guy gave him fits one of them. But the detective knows better then to spring so blindly into action. First he has to make sure that his suspicion is correct. And if so, he has to play his cards right. As the concert went on the man wanted to shoot his self but the chief didn't even give him a gun. He sighed tiredly and bent forward, plugging his ears with his fingers. God make it stop! Was i that bad in my past life that i now have to endure such torture? He mumbled darkly to his self looking back up at the stage before groaning again and taking out his phone. It was already at 50%. How long have i been here in hell? He unlocked the screen, his notifications telling him he has a text. Frowing, he checked his messages and immediately wanted to kill his partner.

Went to a hotel with a really hot chick. Pick you up after concert.. C ya!!

That mother-!! Shunsuke angrily locked his phone and put it back in his pocket. Glaring at the concert he tapped his fingers against his knee. He was annoyed, no, pissed that his partner just up and left with some chick and left him hear to go through thus...this hell. The detective let out an angry sigh and tilt his head back against the seat, staring up at the ceiling like it just took his money. He wondered if killing his partner would put him in jail for a couple years.Of course it would, that is, if they find the body. If Rei kept ditching him to go 'investigate' some girls this case will take a lot longer to close then it should. He needed alcohol, now. Before he just yells 'fuck this' and put everyone in jail for being shady, egotistic snobs. "Please let there be an pocalypse, please. I promise to quit alcohol if it happens." He mumbled to his self, praying to God to make this end. He might be the first person to ever die of boredom and lack of excitement.

I noticed as Mr. Sunglasses checked his phone, and regarded what ever the notification was with a scowl. He probably got dumped by his girlfriend or something, ah rich kid problems. Speaking of problems, this show is definitely one of them. Although the little punk seems to be enjoying himself, honestly there should be a limit to how stupid a person can be. Man I need a drink. Well I got some cash might as well spend some of it. I stood up and walked past Mr. Sunglass, who was probably wishing that he had a gun right now to shoot himself in the head with, and I proceeded to go to the lobby to the bartender.

When I arrived at the bar I ordered two beers, not that I was a heavy drinker but if Mr. Sunglasses got drunk on the job it sure would make my life a whole lot easier. I returned to our seat, and it looked like Mr. Sunglasses was praying for a meteor to hit the place and burn it to the ground. I handed him one of the glasses of beer. "Here, if you get tipsy the show's a lot more interesting, trust me." I take a sip of my own beer, taken back by the pungent taste. Honestly I preferred wine, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Shunsuke didn't notice that Shiki left until he returned and handed him a beer. He looked at the other man as if he was the holy grail. "Oh my god you're an angel sent from heaven." he whispered, nodding his thanks and taking the beer. Chugging it down. Beer wasn't enough to get him drunk but it sure gave him a buzz. When he was done the neck of the bottle was empty. The detective let out a satisfied sigh and relaxed into his seat, cradling the beer to his chest as if it saved his life. At the rate this show was going, it might as well have. He looked over at Shiki, giving him a lopsided smile. "He didn't have to save me from this hell. Unless i was dying a little too loudly. Then you could've just smothered me with something to end both our suffering." He shrugged and drunk the rest of the beer in one go. He preferred something stronger but at this moment he didn't care. If it meant tuning out the horrific show then so beat it. He will drink this weird tasting beer like he was dehydrated. The former cop took out his phone to check the time. It was pretty late at night, he wondered if the show will end soon. Well, he prayed the show would end soon. He turned off his phone, considering it was at 23%, and put it back in his pocket. He glanced over at the younger boy, seeing that he was enjoying the show. He's actually enjoying this torture? Is he a masochist or something? He frowned in thought but shrugged it off, looking back at the concert. He was out of beer. He sighed and looked at the body with a sad expression. Looks like he has to man up and endure the rest of this. After two minutes of this plan he groaned and looked over at Shiki. "Do you know how much longer this is going to last?" he whined tapping tapping his foot with impatience and boredom. He needs real entertainment, and now. Before he becomes one of them and start to actually enjoy this horrible show. Maybe the music brainwash people into being snobby rich folks so they can keep coming back. It's a far fetched theory but if it means shutting this unholy place down then Shunsuke would gladly think that. Rei better be outside to pick me up or i swear to God i'm going to tie him up, put him in the trunk of his own car, and drive off the bridge. I know it will kill me to but i would do it just to spite him.

I giggled at Mr. Sunglasses comment of why I would possibly give him a beer, it was true that his constant complaining was annoying, but I had other things up my sleeve. I watch as he downs the whole thing of beer in no time flat. As a suspected cop does this guy just take drinks from people so easily? I could have totally drugged that drink and he still would have drank it....maybe my intuition was wrong after all...

I continued to watch the show while slowly drinking the remainder of my own drink. I heard Mr.Sunglasses question and replied as I took a sip of my beer, "It should be over in a few minutes. I mean I admit it's pretty boring for a young kid but you don't have to look like you're going to kill every single person in this theater." I take another sip as the show drags on.

Finally after another fifteen minutes of discomfort the show concluded, and it was now pay day for us. When everyone leaves their seats to head out of the theater it is perfect commotion to pickpocket. Now all we had to do was escape Mr. Sunglasses, and we were free to go. "Thank you for your company this evening Mr. Shady, now if you will excuse us we better be heading home." The punk and I get up to leave, I let him go in front of me, and immediately my eyes widen. The punk just tried to pickpocket Mr. Sunglasses! Cop or not that was the worst pickpocket I had ever seen, I knew I shouldn't have brought this kid along with me! I immediately grab the kids hand and start running out of the theater. When we made it to the street I yelled at him, "You idiot! What did I tell you about pick pocketing young people, he reeked of cop!"

"Sorry Shiki...I thought it was okay since he seemed so aloof...hey wait up! I can't run that fast!" This punk is going to get arrested if I don't do something quick. This kid wouldn't last a minute in jail!

"Split up! Take as many small alley ways as possible. Go!" I yell out to him, and he nods and runs off in a different direction. Looks like I'm going to tango with Mr. Sunglasses now, I wonder if I still am his Angel.

The cop couldn't help but laugh at Shiki's comment. " So I look like an insane serial killer?" Well he was going insane from this show, but he wouldn't go that far. He'd probably just shoot the ceiling in frustration, if he had his gun. The detective was out of daydreaming until the crowd started to clap, snapping him out of his head. He silently thanked god for making it end.Remember when I said I would give up alcohol? I'm going to start, tomorrow. He let out a silent yawn when Shiki said his goodbye. Glancing over at the other he gave him a lopsided smile. "And thank you for accompanying me in this torturous hell." Shunsuke decided not to comment on being called 'Mr. Shady'. The former cop heard all of the shade puns and nicknames that he's used to it. Before the detective could run out of the building and punch his partner in the face, he felt something. He looked down to see the younger boy trying to pickpocket him. Instead of fully springing into action he raised an eyebrow. Then Shiki was dragging the kid off, hightailing it out of the concert hall. So my suspicions was correct. Shunsuke got up and jogged after them. He knew to stay a certain distance away so they won't know he's there. When the younger boy split up with his brother, the detective walked right up to Shiki. His demeanor calm and nonchalant.

"Hey Angel," he called out, "Mind explaining to me what that was about?" The former cop knew he wasn't going to rat out the younger one, so he'll just ask him the questions instead. But for some reason, Shunsuke doesn't want to arrest this guy. They looked around his age, which in fact is pretty young, and it doesn't look like a get rich quick scam. More of a survival thing. I might regret this later.

"You know, I'm not going to arrest you. Just wanna know why do this job with this many risks." he said, shrugging like it was no big deal.

I flinched when I heard a voice from out of nowhere. I knew Mr. Sunglasses would catch up to me eventually but it still caught me off guard. I gritted my teeth, I can't stand cops. I need to run, right now or else... "Why should I explain myself to you? It's not like you cops understand anything anyway. All you do is shoot people."

I gritted me teeth, I know there's no escaping, he knows my name and my face. At this point I have two options, kill him, or kill myself. No way am I going to jail, and no way am I going to lead him strait to the gang. Some of the kids may be stupid, but they are still like brothers to me. I scoff at his comment. Not going to arrest me? Either this cop is stupid, or he's lying. My eyes dart around the small alley way, no one is going to come down here. I pulled out my gun and pointed it at Mr. Sunglasses, I cocked the gun so he knew I wasn't kidding. "Like I'm buying any of this. I know you don't have your gun, quite a stupid move considering you're out in the slums rich boy. There's no reason why I should have to explain myself to you. None of you understand us, you all grew up in loving households where you didn't have to worry about when or where your next meal came from. You make one move, and I'll put a bullet between your eyes." I point the gun at his head and narrow my eyes. I have never killed anyone before, but today I have no choice.

Shunsuke gave him a blank expression before slowly walking forward. "You're right,"he started, " You have no reason to explain yourself. But for you to assume that i had nothing but the sweet life is rude." He frowned as he got closer, the gun almost touching hia head. " If all cops did just shoot people just for the fun of it, wouldn't i have done the same to you?" He slowly raised his hands up in surrender. " I have been shot befoee Angel, one bullet missing my heart by half an inch. Went all the way through." The detective knew he was playing with fate here but for some odd reason, he wanted the other to trust him. Which is highly unlikely considering he hates cops with every fiber if his being. "Angel," he slowly put one of his hands on the gun, lowering it, " I'll understand if you shoot me. You have a family to protect, and i know that there's just no way in hell you're going to yell me where they are." I'm risking a lot here, there is a huge chance that this guy would just shoot me and call it a day.

"Also," he put the hand that he had on the gun onto Shiki's shoulder, "You wasn't that good at trying to play innocent rich boy." The detective gave him a small smile, knowing that it could be his last. " And please if you do shoot me, not the stomach. I'm going to need that when i started drowning myself in whiskey just to drink that horrific show away." The former cop knew he should've asked the chief for his gun. Now look where he is, he brought fists to a gun fight. Well, words to a gun fight. And he already used up his nine lives, there's no way luck is on his side now. I feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette with this guy.

"So if this is my last interaction with anyone, then I'm glad it's you and not my big mouthed partner you left me stranded." He knew he was talking too much but he wasn't goinh to tell the guy his name or his partner. Also is ID has a fake one so no one will actually know it was him until his partner finished up investing some girl. Which is probably in the next 30 seconds or so.

I can't believe how ignorant this guy is. He thinks he knows the pain that we know? "What you think you know any iteration of the word pain? Did you have to watch your mother whore herself out to men just so you all can have a meal? And to be abused by your alcoholic father?! Huh? Did you have to go to bed every night wondering when your next meal would be? If there even was a next time?" I could feel myself shaking, why am I telling him this? I never talk about my past. And this is a cop we are talking about.

I bring my gun closer to his head, my eyes filled with rage. Is this man crazy? Whats all this talk about not shooting him in the stomach so he can drink? The man slowly lowered my gun as he talked about his 'family'. Well the punk I was with wasn't my biological brother but still, the whole reason I'm in this mess is because of him.

"S-shut up!" I scream at him re positioning my gun, why haven't I shot him yet? I don't need to kill him just put a bullet in his leg... Wait no, he knows who I am, I have to kill him. "I'm not getting arrested. Not here, not ever!" I bring the gun back up to his head, trying to steady my shaking hands. I looked into his eyes, and It was then I realized that I couldn't kill this man, I just couldn't. This is it, I'm finished. He's going to take me to jail, where I'll be nothing more than a play toy for one of the serial murders. I slump down to the pavement, not even realizing that I'm crying. No, I don't want a life like that, I'd rather die than get arrested by some cop.

With my shaking hands I pick up my gun again, this time placing it on my right temple, my index finger on the trigger. "It's been fun Mr. Sunglasses." I say quietly, my hands still shaking. I wonder, what is there after death? Well it looks like I'll find out soon. I slowly pull the trigger.

CLICK

Huh? Why am I still here? I remove the gun from my temple and continue pulling the trigger only to find out that the gun was jammed. No. I'm going to get arrested. I feel helpless, like an ant in front of a kid with a magnifying glass, my life was over.

The cop felt some type of understanding when Shiki talked about his family. Just because Shunsuke camr from a rich family, doesn't mean he didn't have his hardships. He stayed calm when the other re positioned his gun, saying how he wasn't going to get arrested. "Like i said, I'm not going to arrest you." he spoke softly, trying not to anger the guy further. When he slumped down to the pavement the detective followed reaching his hand out to help him. Why am i helping him? Why do i care what happens to him so much? But he doesn't have an answer, and he thinks he never will for all he cares. Before the cop could say anything, Shiki put the gun to his temple. Shunsuke's eyes widen as fear coiled inside him. He wouldn't. ...he can't just...

Befire he could react, the other man pulled the trigger. The former cop froze, it was jammed. Anger and relief mixed within him as he grabbed the gun out if the other's grip amd threw away. He pulled Shiki into a bone crushing hug, holding onto him in fear that he might try again. Shunsuke's whole body shook as memories from his past started to crash on him all at once.

"Please...don't ever try to do that again. Do you distrust me that much that you would rather kill yourself?" His voice was wavering, full of concern, fear, and anger. Yes he has been shot before and shot someone before but this is different. This is more then trying to protect someone or themselves. This was about fear and giving up. And Shunsuke has seen that too many times. He was still shaking as he ever so slightly loosened his hold on the other, gathering up his composure before slowly standing up. "If you really don't want my help..then fine. I respect that." With that said he walked away from the other at a slow pace. Wobbling a little on each step. He was trying to calm down, to stop the panic attacks. It's been seven years since i last had one, now some random guy broke that streak. The detective needed alcohol, pronto.

He got to the entrance of the alley before leaning against the brick hall for support. It was a mild attack but it still hurt his chest and effected his coordination.

I felt the man toss my gun away and pull me into a hug. What is going on? My whole body was shaking and I could feel something wet trail down my cheek. Why am I crying in front of this man, and why do I like it when he hugs me? So many things were swirling around in my head, and before I knew it I was clinging to the man, crying like a child. I felt the man loosen his grip and go to get up. The only thing I could think of was how I didn't want him to leave. Wait...why..what is wrong with me? Well I did try to shoot myself so I could answer that question fairly easily. I don't know why but I just don't want the man to leave.

I noticed the man shaking, but why? Was he really telling the truth, or could it be something else... The man got up to leave, I was still holding onto his coat slightly, but my grip wasn't strong enough and he continued to walk away. "No..don't...go.." I whispered softly as I watched the man move farther away from me.

The detective stopped trying to walk, his mini panic attach finally over with. He looked over his shoulder to see Shiki. The other was pretty shaken up, and he wouldn't feel right to just leave him there. He walked back over slowly, his head still feeling a little dizzy. He grabbed the other's hand, pulling him to stand up. "Here, just...come with me." he whispered, "I'm not going to arrest, i'm just taking you to my penthouse." After saying that he fixed his shades and lead the other out if the alleyway. He knew that Rei is most likely looking for him so he decides to just walk back to the station to get his car. The whole walk there he was silent, sometimes glancing over at Shiki. The former cop knows that this is a bad idea, housing a criminal but he honestly doesn't care. He wasn't one to follow what others think he should do. After a half a hour or so they made it to the parking lot near the station. Finally, i thought my feet would fall off at this rate. He lead Shiki to his red challenger, going into his pocket to take out the keys. He unlocked the car and opened the passenger seat for Shiki before going into the driver's side. This was the weirdest first case ever. He put the key into the ignition , starting the car as he waited for the other to hop in and buckle up.

If chief finds out he's probably going to have my head on a silver platter. Not before i violently murder my so called partner that is. Shunsuke rubbed at his face, being mindful not to bump his shades off. He's only twenty and he already feels stressful and tired. Maybe even a little bitter. But that's for a different reason all together really. Hopefully the other doesn't think this is a trap.

I noticed the man walk back over to me, and he told me to come with him? To his penthouse? He definitely didn't need to rub salt in my wounds by telling me just how rich he was, I don't think he was purposely trying to do it so I decided to drop the subject. I nodded and rubbed my eyes slightly, especially since they were still moist from crying and I stood up with the help of the man and followed behind him.

I followed him for the longest time until we got to the parking structure. For the most part our journey was silent, I definitely had nothing to tell him so I let it go. I stared at the man while he pulled out his keys and unlocked a very expensive looking car. Damn rich people. He opened the door for me and I muttered a quiet 'thank you.' before sitting in the car. I'm not too sure what to do, considering the fact that I have never ridden in a car before, so I put on my seat belt and stare out the window. To tell the truth this whole thing seems kind of odd, why would a rich cop want to take a thug home with him? I could understand if maybe I was a hot woman, but considering the fact that I am one hundred percent male it still seems kind of weird. Either way it was me who wanted to go with him, so if he arrested me now I wouldn't have any right to complain.

As I sit in his car with all of these questions swirling around my head, one thing came to my mind. "Um...what's you name." I blurt out breaking the silence. If I was going to his house I couldn't exactly call him 'Mr. Sunglasses' or 'Mr. Shady'.

The cop put the car in drive and drove out of the parking lot, headinh towards his pent house. It was a little bit deeper into the city, almost the center. Shunsuke was in deep thought when the other suddenly asked him a question. He glanced over at the other and answered, "Shunsuke," His face slowly broke into a smirk. "But you can call me whatever you like Angel." He put his eyes back on the road, silently laughing to his self. He couldn't help it, it was right there. He just had to take the opportunity. One of the things he's never going to regret saying. After a few minutes he turned on the radio, changing stations until he got to the rock one. With a satisfied smile he left it there, listening to the heavy metal on full blast as he tapped to the beat of the drums on his steering wheel. Humming along. The ride to his house is going to take a minute so he might as well fill it in with screeching guitars and singers yelling out their feelings.

After about ten minutes they made it to his penthouse. The building was expensive looking and was at least a good fifty stories high. He drove into the parking lot and parked his car, turning off the ignition and hopping out of the vehicle. The detective closed the door and walked over to the passenger side, opening the door for his guest. "After you, Angel." He bowed as he opened the door wider. Yes he did know that the guy's name is Shiki. It's just that to him, Angel really sticks.

When the other got of the car he closed the door, hitting the killer to lock the car. He looked over at Shiki and gave him a lopsided smile. Maybe he does trust me. Maybe. Wait, i just took him to my penthouse. Please that let him misread my intentions. The cop shook his head and lead the other to the apartment complex. Well, it looked more like a hotel to say the least. He lead him through the front door, nodding at the manager behind the desk before heading towards the elevator.

When the doors opened he lead them inside, clicking button for the top floor that lead to the penthouse.

"Shunsuke.." I said back after hearing Mr. Shady's real name. He told me I could call him whatever I wanted, but Mr. Shady just reminded me of that punk that got me involved in all of this. Well it could be worse, he could be broke. I'm not really much of a gold digger, but if this guy thinks I'm clueless he's pretty much mistaken. To tell the truth if he tries to make a move on me I won't be to surprised. I've had guys attack me before, but on the streets I'm invincible, and if they aren't at least going to pay me then I don't see why I should sleep with them. But Shunsuke on the other hand is...different. First off he's a cop, I can't exactly beat him up and call it a day without being arrested. Secondly, I don't know what it is but he just seems....different from the others.

I was so caught up in thought the whole ride I didn't realize we arrived at our destination. I unbuckled my seat belt and I followed Shunsuke into this huge building. I don't think 'huge' alone was a good enough term to describe this building, more like 'extravagant'. These rich people I swear. Another thing I noticed was the fact that this guy keeps calling me 'Angel'. Frankly I don't care what kinky name he wants to call me, but could he at least think of a better one? I'm a street thug for crying out loud. I tried to shoot him, then myself for crying out loud.

I stayed silent as we got in the elevator, not really having anything to talk about. To him I am either A, a stray dog he picked up on the streets. Or B, some hooker he picked up from the streets. I have no clue what is going through this mans head, nor do I have any care to learn.