- Be My Medicine - (private, {。^◕‿◕^。}Ciel and Ayakashiu) [18+]

Ayakashiu

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ayakashiu

• {。^◕‿◕^。}Ciel

Having a drunk friend after a fun night out at the beach can really cause a disaster.

And by disaster, it meant that is ended in the hospital.

Levi never really asked for this. He never even wanted to go to a party, really. But his little ginger friend, Petra, had decided that he should go. He wasn't really one to think of someone as "little"... but given the fact that he still managed to be taller than her, despite his shriveling height of 5''3', he still had the right to consider her "short".

He didn't specifically have anything memorable to say about the party...and that was probably because his temple was throbbing horribly as his eyes glimpsed at the bright, sickening lights of the hospital. He wasn't quite sure when, or where it happened, but it definitely happened...

He could vaguely remember the sounds of the ambulance's sirens whistling through the air, the bright, red lights swirling as he was dragged out of the nearly demolished car. He remembered feeling numb... and he remembered vaguely seeing a body-bag. He wasn't sure if everyone in the car was in one or not at this point... he wasn't even sure if his friends were alive, given the doctors refused to give him the details of the accident.

He had been slipping in and out of consciousness for the past few hours ever since he was in the hospital... he remembered the doctors saying something about blood transfusions and a large loss of blood... was he feeling all light-headed because he didn't have a lot of blood in his body? Or was it because of the drugs that they put him under to stop the pain?

His body felt numb as he finally forced himself to keep his eyes open. The room he was in... was a pristine white color, with a light pastel line of tiles on the wall. There was the small, hovering television over his head, that for some reason, was turned on to some off slap-stick sitcom. He didn't see anyone in the room specifically... so he wasn't sure what to do, or who to ask about the incident, given that no one was there with him... though, he wished they'd turn off the lights... it was way too bright in here to even want to stay conscious...

Eren was working the night shift and he was drained. He was busy the whole night, running around the E.R. from one person to the other. But that was how it was for doctors, who were fresh out of college. "But i can do it!" he murmured to himself, since he was fixated on one goal only and that goal meant everything for him. He might not save everyone right now, as he is, but he will get better and then this won't happen anymore.

The work was tiring, but for Eren, the most draining part was when someone died; this was always a big blow for him and that was what kept him going, the thought he might save the next person who enters. He poured himself some coffee, since he couldn't get any sleep at night, but there was still half a day before him. The hospital was short on staff so he volunteered to stay. Mikasa bugged him about taking proper care of himself and resting, but he just ignored her. He took a moment to sit down and drink the coffee, before he headed back to work.

He had to make visits to all the patients, who were taken in yesterday and he tried to put on a nice smile, when he entered the first room, bringing forth the last remains of energy in his body.

Need..sleep..can't..stand.. That was all Eren could think about, when he was in front of the last patient's room. The guy was in a big car accident and he was beaten up badly. He pushed the door open, only a ghost of a former smile on his lips now. "Good morning! Sorry for disturbing you. How are you feeling?" He was looking at the patient's notes, going through test results and other details, realizing he was the one who took this one in last night. He remebered him; it was quite bad and he almost lost him a few times, but in the end, the guy pulled through and Eren felt a little energy return to his body, knowing he saved another life.

The lights were too bright, the TV was way too loud to his liking, and the door was opening...

Levi hardly gave the doctor a glance before turning his head away the slightest bit, as if trying to ignore his presence. Levi wasn't really too keen on interacting with others. Though, when he turned his head, he did notice the fact that there was an IV in one of his arms... though, as his eyes scanned down the rest of his body, he was relieved that there were no broken bones... though, what was was feeling now felt even worse that a broken bone...

Everything was too hot, his body felt like it was one fire... his stomach hurt...and there was a rather bad taste left in his mouth...

Glancing back slowly at the doctor, he noticed something... The doctor was fairly young, and had chocolatey hair, that looked rather soft to the touch... and his eyes were a rather beautiful turquoise color. Levi nearly looked as young as the young adult standing before him. Despite the fact that he was rather short, and that he had a young complexion, Levi was in his thirties.

Though... he saw medicine on the counter that he presumed that he had to take. Medicine in little tiny paper cups... Levi hadn't had to be given medicine like this ever since he was a little kid. Coughing rather harshly, Levi rested his head back into the rather uncomfortable pillow, not saying anything to the doctor, obviously a bit dreary.

The patient didn't respond to his question, although he did move and that made the young doctor frown. He moved to the side of the bed, worried that the black haired guy might be slipping into a coma or have no sensory perception. The patient looked really young and that only gave Eren more resolve to make him better again. This guy probably had his whole life in front of him and looking at his small, battered body, made Eren grit his teeth in frustration.

He quickly checked the patients pulse and forehead, for any sings that his body might be giving up, but everything seemed normal. Eren furowed his brows again, thinking what else might be off. Maybe he's still in shock..who wouldn't be? He wanted to get a response, to make sure the patient is alright, so he started asking him more questions. "So, Mr..." he checked the notes again, searching for a surname, but there was only one name written there. "..Levi?" He was a little confused, but the name wasn't so important right now. "Are you in any pain? Does anything feel strange or uncomfortable?" Everyone in the patient's position would feel uncomfortable. He needed to undergo an operation and lost a lot of blood, not to mention the blow to his head. He might have even lost his memory, which would be one of the explanations, why he wasn't responding.

Even though the patient was beaten up pretty badly, he still had a strong presence and Eren was starting to think he was being ignored on purpose. He sighted, knowing that when he finishes this, he can go home to his bed. His eyes darted to the telly, as he started to chat about unimportant things. "Oh do you like that show? It's kind of funny isn't it..not that I watch it, I don't really have time for that. But you have time now, so it must be nice to be able to watch your favourite shows." Eren thought that maybe he'll provoke the guy with this useless chit-chat, getting a response from him, so he can wrap it up for today.

Levi was simply ignoring the man. He didn't really have any issues with his sensory, well, besides the fact it felt like his eyes were burning out of his skull, due to the fact that the lights in this white, boring room were so bright. Levi's eyes looked rather muddled, a diluted color between cerulean and forest green. His lips felt rather dried, and were slightly chapped, still having a bit of blood crusted on the corner of his mouth.

The questions that the doctor was asking were becoming rather annoying rather quickly. Wasn't this man a doctor? Who wouldn't feel awkward or in pain at the moment? Who wouldn't go blind sitting in this bright, boring room? There was sweat forming on his forehead, obviously becoming a bit over-heated. His temple continued to throb, reminding him why he was here... Levi didn't even have any alcohol in his system when the accident happened. He hadn't had anything to drink last night, so it wasn't like he was the one responsible for the accident. He still felt weary... and bit annoyed. Why did this man keep talking? Couldn't he tell he had a headache? Groaning in a rather annoyed fashion, the patient finally noticed... his other arm was wrapped up in medical bandages, some blood had obviously been oozing through and dried a while ago... the bandages needed to be changed...

"Y'know kid...you're really annoying for a doctor..." He had a tenor tone, of which was filled with pain currently. Levi hated the simple idea of sounding weak... but he couldn't help it. "Can you just tell me what happened to the people I was with and stop telling me about this shitty TV show?"

A satisfied grin crossed the young doctor's face, when the patient finally responded. "You really shouldn't call your doctor a kid you know, I might decide to not give you any more pain meds," Eren tried to joke, avoiding the question he was asked. The truth was, the people who were with him in the car, didn't make it. One girl was in a coma, if Eren remembered correctly, fighting for her life, but others were dead on the spot. That wasn't the news anyone wanted to convey and given the state the patient was in, it was probably best if he didn't know yet.

Eren checked that defiat face in front of him, knowing this one will be hard to deal with, since he was a little intimidating, despite his size and the state he was in. "Let's make a deal, I'll tell you what you want to know, after you tell me what I want to know." He was determined to get his job done properly and a sulky child won't stand in his way, at leat that was how he saw the situation. He was only here to help, but the patient didn't want to cooperate, even if it was for his own good.

"Oh and if I like your answers, I might change the program on the TV to something more..bearable." He hated sitcoms and he had the sense the patient did too, so maybe that will get him to talk. He actually did feel like a kid around this guy and he didn't like the feeling at all. What is it about him, that makes me feel like this? Aaah, so frustrating! Whenever Eren was frustrated with something, he did everything in his power, to overcome that obstacle, and right now, the obstacle appeared in the form of a black-haired midget.

"Well, that's what you are to me, brat. I'm thirty-four years old, not twelve." said the man with a small huff, a tingling blush spotting his cheeks in a rosy hue. He looked away from the doctor again, avoiding eye-contact as much as he could... he didn't enjoy these types of situations. Why was the doctor trying to pry so much information from him? That bothered him a bit.

"Why do we have to play a goddamn game? I want to know whether or not my friends are dead, brat. I don't think I should have to play a game to learn whether or not I'll ever see them again." Levi was persistent on not answering any of these questions... this was so stupid. If anything, the doctor was being more antagonizing than he was being useful. Running his good hand through his hair, he leaned his head back more against the pillow. You'd think that a hospital would have comfier beds.. though that was a lie.

"Shouldn't you be able to change the channel on the television simply because it might annoy a patient or make them want to claw their eyes out with a grapefruit spoon?" groaned the patient in a rather annoyed manner as he turned his head to face the doctor. His temple was still throbbing... it felt like his head was on fire, or that it was going to explode if the lights weren't turned off and the channel wasn't changed.

Eren's eyes popped out a bit, when he heard how old the patient claimed to be, but he quickly checked the personal information section in his notes, making sure. "Damn," he muttered, not realizing he said that out loud. The patient looked really young, so Eren acted like he would with someone his age. But apparently, this guy was his elder, so he felt he might acted a little disrespectful.

He gritted his teeth, not really liking the part, when he had to apologize to someone, so he didn't. "Well we wouldn't need to play a game, if you Mr., wouldn't act like a kid and sulk, instead of telling me things I need to know as your doctor! Don't you think your priority right now, should be to take care of yourself?! And I would change the program, if the patient actually told me, he wanted it changed." Eren exhaled heavily, scolding himself for getting so worked up about this. He's just another patient..just do your job and go home!

He couldn't avoid the question, the patient was asking him, anymore and he felt like he was completely drained of energy, when he realized, he will have to be the one to break the news to him. The patient deserved to know; Eren knew he would want to know the same thing too, if the places were reversed. He sat down in the chair, next to the patient's bed with a sigh, before finally giving him the answer he wanted. "Your friends..one is in a coma, fighting for her life and others..others are dead. I'm really sorry.." He knew saying "I'm sorry", won't make things better, but he felt the need to say it anyway. he always felt sad, when he heard about people dying, especially young people. It was so unnecessary!

Levi seemed... rather annoyed by what was happening. Wasn't a doctor supposed to have patience with his patients? The raven-haired man looked away as the other scolded him, as if he wasn't listening. He didn't want to hear the man ranting about this right now... it was annoying. It made him want to just go back to sleep... "I'm not sulking, you're just pissing me off. I don't know what's more annoying, you, or the bright-ass lights in this room."

"Just...what do you want to know about me? There should be everything down on that paper about what happened, yes? And about who I am? Why do you have to question me?" Levi glanced off at the tiled walls... though.. when he did, he noticed something... He was wearing a breathing mask. He couldn't even breath by himself... how pathetic..

His muddle blue-green eyes looked rather... weak, actually. He didn't want to admit it, but he felt rather defeated. He even looked pathetic... how could he have pride when this young brat was currently superior to him? The idea of the brat being in better shape than he was made him wanted to rip his own hair out in frustration.

"That's what I figured..." Levi said after he heard his friends were dead. He could tell the moment the doctor refused to tell him the results that his friends were dead. "When you don't tell someone if their family or loved ones are dead after an accident, it's obvious that they're dead. If they were alive, you'd tell a patient right away." He kept his glance away from the doctor. Of course he was hurting... but they were dead. There was nothing that he could do about the situation to make anything better.

Eren waited for a reaction from the patient with his head hanging low; he wanted to give him some time to accept the news, but he couldn't leave him alone, since his job wasn't finished yet. The reactions to this kind of news were usually dramatic, like crying, screaming, some were angry, some were depressed, but what he got from Levi..he would never expect that. The young-looking man just accepted the news as a fact. He didn't even react a little, his voice was still composed, his face was still composed and that made Eren really angry.

"Don't you think your friends deserve a little more than "I figured"?! How can you be so calm, after so many lives were lost in that tragedy? And for what? For nothing! They just died unnecessarily!" Eren found himself on his feet, although he didn't know, when he stood up from the chair and he was breathing heavily, from the screaming. Oh fuck.. He got over-emotional again and that won't help him with his goal, so he tried to calm down. Not to mention yelling on the patient wasn't exactly what a doctor should do. But this guy just pushed all the right buttons in Eren.

"Well you're alive and that's what's important right now. You need to fight on and get better, live for your friends." Eren said with a more calm voice. "Can you just tell me how you're feeling now? So I can do my job and make you get better soon?" The young doctor already figured, that he messed up and the patient will probably be even less inclined to cooperate; but that didn't mean Eren will give up, he'll never give up! He'll even apologize, if that's what it will take.

Levi groaned as the other started to yell. Could this man get any more annoying? The doctor was right.. his friends did deserve more than what they got from him... but he really couldn't give it right now. He didn't know how to handle situations like that... "I'm sorry that I didn't act uncontrollably the way I'm supposed to." He said this rather blnakly, staring off to the sides still. He felt tears forming in his eyes, and he tried to blink them back... he didn't want to cry in front of this brat, "Can you please shut the fuck up? You're a doctor. You're supposed to wants what's best for patient... a patient crying and panicking while in critical condition isn't going to help you in this case."

Levi inhaled heavily before he said, "Petra's strong... though, she was the one who was driving the other night." Petra tended to get a bit out of hand when she was drunk... Levi had been asleep in the backseat when the accident happened. Despite his looks, Levi tended to get really sleepy if he stayed out too late. He didn't get drunk, heck, he didn't even do drugs like the rest of them did at the party... he was just the innocent one out of all of them who got hurt at the wrong time.

"I feel like shit." He said rather simply, "My heads hurt, even more now since you keep screaming." He continued to look away from the other as a tear finally managed to slip down his cheek. He's roll over and bury his face in the pillow, but he couldn't, given the face he was hooked up to an IV and to a breathing machine... The tiny man coughed softly into the machine. Levi realized something... he was visibly paler than he was before... he must have lost a lot of blood... There was a bit of panic in his eyes, though he didn't act upon it.

Eren was relieved that the patient was at least talking to him now. "I'm sorry too," he murmured quietly, knowing he needed to apologize for his outburst earlier, but then he added more loudly, "But I do want what's best for you! And I'm gonna make you better, you can trust me on that." The words were spoken with total conviction; Eren already kept this man alive once and he will make him better again.

The patient mentioned his friend and Eren found himself interested in listening. He usually only made polite conversation, not because he didn't want to talk to patients, but because that took time, precious time that could be used for saving people's lives. But Levi was different, he spiked his attention. Petra..so that's the girl's name.. Eren wondered if there was something more there, than just friendship, when he saw a tear slide down the patient's cheek. He ignored it, guessing the patient will be embarassed about it.

"You feel like shit, 'cause you went through major operation and you barely pulled through. It's actually surprising you're even awake. But since you are and you are able to talk too, we can shortly remove that mask. But for now, let's keep it on okay? Do you want me to help you with the meds?" Eren asked, pointing at the cups. "They are only painkillers and anticoagulants, you need to get after the operation." He hoped the patient won't resist, because without painkillers, he won't be able to rest and his body needed a lot of rest right now!

"Can I do something else, to make you comfortable? I'll turn off the lights when I leave, since you need to sleep. Do you want me to turn TV off too?" He usually didn't ask this kind of stuff, since that was the nurses job. "Oh and your bandages need to be changed. The nurse should come soon and she'll take care of that, okay?" This wasn't the doctor's job either, so Eren decided to leave it to the nurses. He needed to catch some sleep, before his next shift.

Levi watched the other have such a determined way of saying thins... it actually intrigued him that he had to much anticipation as a doctor. Nodding slowly to the younger man, he took one of his rather pale hands and wiped away the tear that ran down his face... he hated crying. Blinking back the other tears that were forming, the older man inhaled heavily and shivered the slightest bit... his back hurt.

"Meds..." Levi muttered the words under his breath, as if he was trying to form the word on his tongue. His friend, Olou, who had died in the crash, used to crush up pain medication and take it.... the older man was pretty sure that was what Olou was doing last night, actually... He remembered that his head was resting on Olou's lap and his legs were resting in Gunther's lap when he fell asleep in the backseat. Eld was in the front seat... "Meds...sir, can you help me with them?" He found himself saying this rather wearily. He felt rather pathetic, actually. He felt like his throat was going dry. The more he thought about it, the more he wanted to puke... his friends died because they didn't wake him up. Levi was probably the only sober one in the car... He could have driven everyone home, and they would all still be alive right now... How did his friends die? What type of injuries did they get that caused them each to die that way?

Levi basically ignored the man's last questions, quietly asking, "How... did they die? How specifically did they die? They did die fighting for their lives, yes? They didn't die because they couldn't be strong enough...?" Levi's strong vice nearly faltered... he felt like he was going to sob, but he held back the emotions... he didn't want to let the shitty brat see them...

"Meds...sir, can you help me with them?"

Eren was surprised that the patient actually asked him for help; he was expecting him to be stubborn and refuse it, but Eren was happy that wasn't the case here. "Yes, of course! And please, call me Eren." He smiled kindly at the patient, but he quickly turned serious again, when he noticed he was getting too casual. Call me Eren?? What's with that?! You're his doctor, not a friend!

Eren reached for a glass of water, next to the patient's bedside and for a cup with meds, but he put them down again, when he heard the question. He actually didn't know the answer, just the bits and pieces that he heard during the night shift. But he didn't want to tell Levi something that wasn't even true. "I..don't know actually," Eren answered uncomfortably, not wanting to hurt the patient's feelings any more. "But are you sure you want to know? I can ask around if you do but.." Eren's words trailed off. He wanted to say he doesn't think that's a good idea, but who is he to judge that? He would want to know the same things too; everyone would.

"Let's just get those meds in you, so you can rest for today," Eren changed the subject, slowly removing the oxygen mask from Levi's face and sliped a hand under his head, supporting it, while reaching for the first cup with the other hand, holding it in front of the patient's lips, waiting for him to open them. He noticed how soft Levi's black hair was, even though he still didn't have a shower from the incident and how pale his skin was in contrast.

"Eren..." Levi played with the name on his tongue for a few moments, as if he had never heard such a simple name like that before. It was true, he hadn't heard something so...simple before. Well, besides his own name. Nodding to the doctor slowly, he blinked and said, "Calling you "brat" seems easier to me..."

Waiting for the other's answer, he visibly scowled the slightest bit, nearly pouting. He was obviously irritated by the fact that Eren couldn't answer his question. What type of doctor can't answer such a simple question? He knew that one of his friends had died straight on impact with the other car... he could say that much, at least, because he could remember seeing a body-bag there.Nodding slowly to the other, the rather cold looking man glanced away and murmured, "Yeah, if you could ask others...that would be great." He did yet didn't want to know about how his friends died... because he still felt like he could have prevented their deaths if they had just woken him up.

When the other took the breathing mask off of his face, he noticed how difficult it felt to breath... it felt like someone had dropped a weight on his chest. There was slight panic in his eyes as the younger man tilted his head back, pressing the cup against his lips. A light rosy tint stained his cheeks as he closed his eyes, slowly opening his mouth. Despite the fact that he was an adult, he had a rather small mouth, almost like that of a child's. Behind his lips it was revealed that he had pearly whites... though one of his canines were chipped due to the accident. Due to the fact that he hadn't taken a shower, there were still clumps of blood in his hair, and a red stain on certain parts of his body.

Hearing his name come from Levi's lips, made Eren feel nice, but this feelings soon disappeared. With a scowl on his face, he said, "I would prefer if you wouldn't call me brat though." Calling him that was actually spot on, since Eren was theoretically still too young to be a doctor; he skipped years in college, since he tried really hard and had the talent. That was what other doctors called him behind his back, and probably all the nurses too, and it was meant as an insult.

Eren noticed the patient tense, when there was no oxygen mask to help him breathe. "It's alright, that's a normal feeling. I'll put it back on soon," he tried to comfort him. He tilted the cup, so the meds slided into the patient's mouth, replacing the cup with the glass of water. Eren was becoming really concious about Levi, being so close to him. When his lips parted slightly, to let the meds in, his eyes closed, Eren gulped hard, his mind wandering to strange areas, like kissing and stuff. But he pulled himself together, remembering he is a doctor!

Eren stood up awkwardly, re-positioning the oxygen mask back to it's former place. "Need anything else? I'll try to find out as much as I can about your friends and I'll let you know when I come check up on you in the evening, okay? And now I'm just going to turn the TV and the lights off, since it's better that you have peace and quiet. Yes, I think that is the best. And I'll call a nurse to take care of you and your bandages." Eren always blabbered, when he was nervous, although he didn't really have any reasong for nervousness right now. "So I'll leave now. But I'll come back. Later. To check on you." He felt like and idiot, so he shut up, turning around and heading to the door, turning off the TV and the lights, as he said he would.

When he felt the meds slip down his throat, he nearly chocked. When it was downed with water, he gulped them down, his cheeks flushed and rosy from nearly coughing up the hard forms of medicine. Relief struck him when he felt the oxygen mask placed back onto his face. His eyes were slightly open, though they looked heavily lidded the way they did, his pupils nearly hidden behind sinfully dark eyelashes.

"Um...E-Eren... can you um...change my bandages?" The older man was having a problem with the brunet's name... it was rather troublesome, given he almost forgot what his name was... "I don't want a nurse to change them...I don't want them to touch me... can you...please do it?" He seemed a bit hesitant in this question. He wasn't used to asking people questions or favors of any sorts; Levi was the type of man who stood his own ground and acted by his own.

Despite the fact that the other had turned off the lights and the television, the young man still had some hope inside of him that maybe his doctor would come back and change his bandages instead of some shitty nurse... he wasn't too keen on letting women touch him. Not because they were bad or anything, more so it was because they made him feel uncomfortable, and like he was always doing something wrong... he was actually intimidated by them, despite the fact that he didn't really show it. Though, with the lights and television off... he noticed how peaceful it was... except for the fact that he could hear his own heavy breathing... he really breathed this heavily? He could hear the slight wheezing noise that his chest made each time it rose and fell....

When Eren heard his name again, he stopped and sighted quietly; but not because he found the request bothersome, because he actually wished to stay here longer. He turned around with a small smile, resting on his lips, not showing how happy that request actually made him, but revealing a little of what he was feeling. "Yes, of course. Let me just get some bandages."

It didn't take him long to find a nurse, who gave him everything he needed, but she did look funny at him; changing bandages wasn't really a doctor's job and Eren knew that, so the faintest blush colored his cheeks at her questioning look. He was soon back to the patients room, pulling a chair next to the bed and sitting down, since he was feeling fatigued. "Ok, let's do this then." He gently lifted Levi's hand, unwrapping the bloodied bandage and flinging it to the nearest bin. He first cleaned his hand with an alcohol-covered tissue, avoiding the stitch wound, so that it wouldn't sting. When he was finished, he bandaged Levi up again a little awkwardly, not used to doing this and his hands were starting to tremble a little. I really need to get some rest.

While he was tending to his patient, he couldn't help but notice how perfect his skin looked; almost white, soft and warm, like a girl's. He also couldn't resist touching it, so he tried to make it look like he was touching him by chance, but he used every opportunity he was given. Eren knew this was wrong, against his code also, but he didn't want to think about this things now. This is harmless right? It's no big deal.. Also since the room was half dark now, only enough light for Eren to see to his little task, it gave the sense of intimacy and Eren liked it. It feels like it's only the two of us..

When he was almost done, he decided that he will be the one to tend to this patient; it was his own request after all, so the nurses shouldn't make a fuss. "So this is it for now, later I will check the bandages around your torso and if you want, we can wash you a little, so you'll be more comfortable." Eren blushed a little, when saying that, wanting to see Levi's body again, this time remembering all the details. He hoped that his blush was hidden by the darkness in the room though, not wanting Levi to guess, he was having inappropriate thoughts.

LEvi held relief on his face as the other came back. He didn't know why the other chose to stay back and help with his bandages...but it made him feel a bit better inside, like someone actually cared about him and wasn't going to just leave him behind again... he didn't feel rejected like he usually did.

When Eren left him to go find bandages.... or so he hoped, he let out a long sigh and nuzzled his head back in to the pillow, a few flecks of dried blood coming from his head, dusting over the slightly blood-stained pillow. What if he was just going to find another nurse to go and take care of his problems? What if Eren lied to him and he actually wasn't coming back? Levi had doubts in people... he didn't want to doubt a doctor, but it was hard to have trust in someone you just met... plus got off to a rocky start with.

And he felt happiness when Eren came into the room again, with the products that he needed to treat his wounds and make them all better. Breathing in heavily when the other came near him, there was a relaxed look in his muddled eyes. Levi didn't even concentrate on his wound... of which was pretty bad, until it was sewn. His eyes seemed a bit unfocused, gazing..seemingly at Eren, though a little bit past him... Levi just felt relief, and tiredness keeping in... he also didn't want to look at Eren... deeming it to seem weird to stare at a much younger doctor... even though his doctor happened to be so beautiful. His cheeks felt warm at the thought... was he blushing? Yes, he was blushing.

Levi could feel the other's hands against his flesh, and it felt...nice. He usually wasn't touched by other people, and usually didn't touch other people..mostly because he considered them filthy, given he hated the idea of getting dirty. The dim light served to make this feel... a bit intimate, like they were bonding. It was weird... he wasn't supposed to be having...well, this type of attitude with a doctor... he should have asked a nurse to care for him instead... did the doctor actually care for him?

Though, when Eren pulled away, he finally glanced at him, having a bit of...sadness in his eyes. He felt sad because he was going to be lonely..Letting out a small sigh, and looked at the doctor as if he was never going to see him again. And then the thoughts came to mind: What if he was going to die before he could see the doctor again? What if he lapsed into a coma? What if he needed surgery again? Quietly, he said,

"Bye, Eren."

The only thing the patient said, when Eren was finished, was "bye" and he didn't really know how to interpret that. Am I bothering him and he wants me to leave already, so he can rest? Or did he notice what I was thinking? Did I touch him too casually and he got uncomfortable? The simple bye, made Eren feel really confused and unsure. He didn't quite want to leave, but Levi probably wanted him too. He was here long enough.

"Okay, goodbye..Levi," Eren muttered, blushing a little when saying the patient's name, but he liked the sound of it. He exited the room deep in thought, heading to the rest room. He stayed over his shift, so there was no point going home. He'll only waste time, he could spend sleeping. He planned to take a shower, when he wakes up and eat at the hospital's cafeteria.

He was alone at the rest room, which he was happy about. He didn't have energy to make a polite conversation right now. He fell into the bed, only shrugging of his white coat, but leaving all the other clothes on. His eyes felt so heavy, like he couldn't keep them open even for a second, but when he closed them, he felt totally awake. All those thoughts were swirming around his head, about how many people died when he was in E.R., what he could do, to save more of them, but one subject occupied his mind the most; the new patient.

He just couldn't stop thinking of him, even if he tried. His thoughts always ended up with him. Levi.. Eren remembered how nice it felt, touching him and he felt his conscience wake up at that. He knew he should be professional with his patients, but there was something about Levi that was unresistible. But Eren was resolved, that he would act properly later, when he goes to check upon him again. But even as he decided that, he felt a little excitement in his stomach that he will see Levi again later.

It took him quite some time, before he could fall asleep, his body so tired that it just shut down when it couldn't take it anymore. But despite that, Eren didn't have a peaceful sleep; he was turning around, having a dream about his new patient, that was more a nightmare than a dream.

"Doctor..Doctor!" Someone was calling him and shaking him. Eren cursed silently, remembering he didn't set an alarm to wake him, but he still felt tired and lacking sleep, so he wondered if he even slept any or was he woken as soon as he fallen asleep. "Please don't tell me there's an emergency?" he said to the nurse who woke him, phrasing it as a question.

Levi was slightly disappointed when the doctor left... he felt sort of conflicted. He wasn't supposed to feel like that.. that was his doctor, a doctor who was supposed to follow the regulations... and it was strictly forbidden for doctors to have sexual interactions with their patients while in the hospital... Why would the doctor feel anything for him anyways? He was a thirty year old man who had a shitty aspect on life...

The patient could hardly sleep that night. Muddled eyes stared at the blank, desolate walls. The tiles were dull and lifeless... why stick a patient in a room where they could hardly stand living? It was horrible. He wished that he could turn, roll onto his side, like he usually slept. Though this IV didn't allow him to, constricting him to a single position on the bed, the air mask whistling loudly and obnoxiously through the otherwise silent room. He felt so groggy, like he could pass out at any second... really, he wish he could, but the high-pitched frequencies of the breathing mask made him more annoyed than he was before.

Trying to preoccupy himself, he tried to think of enjoyable thoughts... he didn't really have many, now that he thought about it. Though... there were things that he appreciated in life. He loved the winter, and the way that the untouched snow look on a bright morning, and appreciated the crisp air that came with it that reminded him how refreshing it was to breathe. He also appreciated his friends... despite the fact that they ar- used to be dumbasses, he still loved the jokes that they shared together, and the time that they spent, and the fact that they always had each-others' backs... He also appreciated things that were beautiful. And when he thought of this... Eren's eyes came to mind. They were the most beautiful shade of aquamarine he had ever laid eyes on... And he hated the fact that he was thinking of that stupid brat so early in the morning...

After a few more hours of trying to convince himself that it was wrong to think of his doctor as "handsome" or "caring" was a horrible thing... he ended up falling sleep. His mouth was partially opened and his head turned to the side the slightest bit. His eyes were delicately closed, not really putting effort into his rest... he looked calm, and peaceful, and lest stressed than he was earlier.

Eren's stomach felt heavy, since he just gulped down his lunch in the cafeteria and after that, drank a coffee that was still hot, so his tongue wasn't all that good either. But after the nurse woke him up and informed him, his shift is starting, he didn't have much time to eat in peace. He seriously needed a shower, since he could already smell himself, but it was a qick, cold shower, to wake him up and his hair was still a little wet. So after that, he had even less time to eat and he ended up stuffing himself like a pig.

But Eren stopped thinking about himself, as soon as he started working again. He was tempted to go check on Levi first, but he knew he shouldn't give in. He needed to visit some other patients first and he was true to his resolve, doing what a doctor should do. But he still couldn't stop thinking about the black haired patient, even when he was focusing on others. He did ordered the nurses, not to tend to him, since he will do it himself, but will they obey him? He didn't feel all that comfortable with anyone else touching him. Not that you are the one, who should be trusted with that..

It seemed like the rest of the day was dragging on really slowly and Eren was getting impatient. It was already evening, his shift comming to an end in an hour, but he still didn't manage to check on Levi. Fortunately, he didn't have any emergency today, but there was still plenty of work for him. But he finally managed to finish everything.

Walking to Levi's room, Eren was feeling kind of nervous. He still didn't know what the other meant, when he suddenly said goodbye and there was also the dream he had, when he was sleeping. The dream started off nice enough, with Levi appearing, but soon, he started to accuse Eren for letting his friends die. Eren didn't want to think about it too much, but he had to admit it shook him up. So now he was feeling like this, indecisive and a little afraid to confront a patient. Nice doctor you are becoming Eren..

He knocked on the door before entering, trying to put on a poker face, but it was probably still obvious, he was nervous. "Good evening." The greeting sounded so formal, but he couldn't really greet a patient casualy. "So how are you feeling? Got any sleep?"

Levi was groggy all morning... a nurse had checked in on him to try and feed him. Her name was something along the lines of Krista... and she was way too nice for her own good, honestly. He was fed pudding...even though it made his throat feel horrible.. the pudding was cold, and tasted like chemicals... he hated the flavor of it. It was supposed to be banana flavored... but it tasted nothing like that.

The short man also felt incredibly lonely throughout the day. There was nothing for him to do, and no one for him to talk to. It wasn't like his friends would come in and visit him... given all his friends were dead except for Erwin and Hange, who were unaware of the accident most likely. The fact that the nurse had turned on the lights made it incredibly worse... where was Eren to come and turn off the lights and change his bandages?

And throughout the day, Levi fell in and out of restless sleep... none of the nurses came and gave him his required medicine, given that they took the chance that Eren told them to leave everything just to him when it came to Levi... the nurses were just looking for another way to slack off. Due to the lack of pain-killers, he could feel every inch of every bruise and cut burning and stinging on his body... Where was Eren?

By the time that Eren had gotten there, Levi was staring blankly at the wall... it wasn't like there was anything better to do. It wasn't like the television was on, and the eerie sound of the heart monitor in the room nearly drove him insane. The high-pitched whistling noise just added to the list of things that he found annoying in this dreadful hospital bed... And the worst part of all of this was the fact that he hadn't been able to wash himself in nearly two days, and his felt like a slob... he just wanted to get washed off..

"I'm good...sir..." Levi seemed a bit out of it, his eyes trained on the grooves in the tiles. He looked a bit dehydrated and a bit tired looking. His lips were slightly parted, his breathing looked heavy... he looked rather dazed. He felt disgusting, self-conscious, filthy, sick, and lonely... given that no one came in here to spend time with him, or give him the decency to turn on the television or give him his medication, "Can I please clean my body today?" He'd probably end up peeling his own skin off if he didn't get cleaned... he was going to go insane. Out of all of the things that could possibly be wrong with this man... he actually had a obsessive compulsive disorder... he and everything around him always had to be clean... and knowing that he, himself wasn't clean... it was slowly driving him crazy.

"Sleep...I want to sleep too... but I also want to take my medicine..." Levi's voice was strangely airy, almost as if he were sick with something and he could hardly talk. That's how he felt, anyways...

Eren was bothered that the patient was calling him sir, but it was for the better and he had other, more pressing concernes right now. Levi looked even worse than the last time Eren was here, which worried him.

"Yes, let's get you your meds first and then we'll clean you up." Eren already ordered a nurse to bring in a bowl of warm water and towels, while he was on his way to the patient's room, so she should be here any minute. He checked the meds and noticed, Levi didn't take any yet. "Why didn't you take some pain medicine before? It will make it easier to rest, you know?" Eren thought the problem was the patient and that he refused to take them. I knew I should have come to check up on him, make sure he was all right! He was a little angry at himself, even though he had other work to tend to.

Just as he picked up a cup with the pills, a nurse entered and left behind the stuff, Eren needed. He thanked her, before putting the cup to the patient's lips, raising his head a little, so it would be easier for him to swallow it. Giving him a few gulps of water, Eren prepared himself to wash him, tunring off the lights as he did so. "I always find the lights too bright, don't you?" he casually remarked, knowing that a lot of patients complain about that and also it will be easier for him to do this, if there won't be so much light.

Eren started to unbutton the patient's shirt, focusing on the task, but he noticed his fingers were trembling ever so slightly. He's just another patient for you! Just focus on the job and get it done.. But it was impossible for Eren to focus only on the job he had right now. When he opened the shirt, he couldn't help but noticed the slender body he just revealed. Levi's skin was really white here too, almost translucent and it made him look even more beautiful, the specks of blood making it look even more white. There was a big bandage covering his torso, but there were still a lot of parts visible, for Eren to admire.

He wetted a towel, gently starting to wash his patient. He started at the neck, that looked really frail. "Um, please tell me if it hurts anywhere. I'll try to be gentle, but your body is beaten up pretty badly." He continued down Levi's front, up to the rim of the bandage. One of the nipples could be seen and it was the softest shade of pink. Eren got the sudden urge to touch it..or suck on it, and he couldn't help but gulp hard, when he passed over it with a towel.