yaoi and boyfriends

Nyuchanxx

ok so guys i majorly need help!!!!! i was talking to my boyfriend earlier and we were discussing cosplay so i showed him a few of mine...one of them being Rulca from Crimson spell!! and he is asking me what the name of the manga is so he can read it....we have been going out 2 weeks and he has no clue i like yaoi and lets face it i dont want to tell him i like it yet cause ya know.....i cant sidestep the questions any more and dont know what to do...any suggestions??

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nyuchanxx

• Ayakashiu

• Doctor Kay

• shio

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
yer that is a good point i might try something along those lines..after all i so pose he will find out eventually

i dont want to tell him i like it yet cause ya know.....i cant sidestep the questions any more and dont know what to do...any suggestions??...

If you do not want to tell him don't! Say that you have no idea what it was, you just found the pictures randomly on the net and it did not say where it was from. If he keeps pushing you to tell him what it is, ask him very nicely to stop as it is making you uncomfortable. If this does not work, I would start wondering to myself, how much does this guy respect me, that he is pushing so hard to find out about something, so simple as a cartoon/cosplay picture, and I've told them it makes me uncomfortable in a nice friendly manner. What happens when he starts pushing for other things, which you do not feel comfortable doing, which are worse then just a picture..... You have only been going out two weeks....

I totally agree with

If he is so pushy about a cosplay picture even if he sees you are uncomfortale what will happen when each time you don't want to do something? He will push you until everything it's done the way he wants?

and
ok well i so pose i was asking for that! but seriously i wouldnt be pushed into "doing" anything i didnt want to cause i really am not that type of person, i just wasnt sure if i should tell him just yet in case he reacted badly to it but i guess your advice was still helpful, you do have to make assumptions i guess so thank you anyway but being "pressed" into talking about what manga genres is one thing whereas being "pressed" into those things is quite another!!!!

i think you should just tell him..if yaoi is something you really like and if your boyfriend really likes you, then he probably won't mind :) i told my boyfriend a while ago and now he doesn't mind me reading it..although he was suprised at first that i like reading this kind of stuff xD so you go girl, just tell him!maybe he will enjoy reading it too ;)

Yes, but he's already pressing you with it and you are dating for only 2 weeks. That would raise a question mark for me. What will he be like in 1-2 years if he's already doing it?

thanks

that was actually really helpful...i decided i would tell him...it is only yaoi after all, he should care what i choose to read!! but anyway i told him and he was fine, he actually wanted to know why i liked it so much so i leant him Loveless deciding that would be better for him to read first haha....well even if he doesnt like it he accepted the fact that i do so its fine...and it actually feels a lot better not to have to keep it a secret!!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you everyone....so if you didnt already figure it out I did tell him in the end and it was totally cool...I really shouldn't b this worried about things In the future but thanks you ever one for you advice, it all helped me somehow!! But anyway I totally got him into Yaoi!! He admitted the Crimson Spell was the best fantasy manga he had ever seen/ read...RESULT!!!!

Ohh and he made an account here!!!

In my oppinion if your boyfriend really likes you he shouldn't care what you read or watch. He should accept it. ^^ Plus in a relationship its bad to keep secreats.

lol well done

now we gain another member ;D

welcome

being part in our big family xDDD

haha yes!! the best community out there!!!
yer thats what i figured....i definitely made the right choice!!

rabbit4 good for you!just be careful that he won't spend more time here on YO, than with you ;) yaoi is addictive you know :p
welcome~you're one of the coolest boyfriends! :D

haha yes that is a good point!!! ohh dear!!! he was reading through my rp's i was like...no!! damn it ur not meant to do that lol!! opps it never occurred to me that the extent of my obsessiveness is all revealed on this site haha...ohh well!!

hehe i guess you won't have any secrets then :p i don't let my boyfriend see any of my posts!i don't think he would be happy with everything i write xD

ohh my goodness i know!!! some of the rp's i do...seriously!!!! and guess what he had to choose the one with the most graphic sex in it...ohh goodness...but ohh well i shall survive, i think haha

of course he choose that one..boys have sixth sense for finding that :cuteonion26: but on the other hand..that isn't so bad..maybe it will spice things up between you two onion12 what was his reaction when he read what you wrote?

haha well it went through a few phases haha..at the start when it wasnt graphic he just said it was amazing and my writing was really god...shocked me in itself!!! ((i dint expect people to think my writing is any good!!)) then he got to the graphic stuff and sort of went...oh my goodness you can write erotica well.....