Case File Number 0: Of Ghosts and Love (With ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~)

XxMissxPhantomhivexX

Karou sat there for a while, staring at the phone but not seeing it. Slowly, a smile spread across his face and he flopped back onto the couch with a squeal, cheeks tinted in a blush. Mai came out of her room and frowned down at her brother. "What did Naru want?" She inquired. "Oh nothing~" Karou said as he got up to put the phone back then skipped off to his room, leaving his sister standing there with a confused expression on her face.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XxMissxPhantomhivexX

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

After hanging up, Karu goes to the kitchen, and makes something to eat...which consisted of a sandwich and an apple. He was not up to making anything at that moment, so decided to just make something that didn't take too much time. Sitting down on the kitchen chair, his elbow resting on the table, he smiles at the thought of how surprised and happy Karou had sounded when he had asked the boy to eat out with him. Taking a bite of the sandwich, he sighs, and hopes that by then, he would be feeling a bit better, and the headache would be gone...

(sorry about the late reply, just now saw that you had posted!)

Karou laid on his bed for a moment before he stands and heads for the shower. He could hear Mai move around in the kitchen as he stepped inside the room, flicking on the light. He laid the towel he had grabbed on the sink before shutting the door. He turned the water on then stripped while he waited for it to warm up. When it did he stepped inside, ducking his head under the stream, sighing as he did so.

Finishing his sandwich and apple, Naru sighs, staring up at the ceiling for a few moments before standing up and returning to his bed room. For some reason there was an odd feeling in the air, but maybe it was just his imagination. Taking off his clothing, he grabs a clean shirt and pair of pants, as well as underclothes, and goes to the bathroom that was next to his room, and steps under the warm water that poured from the shower head. He sighs, the feeling of the water against his skin helping to relax his sore body, and for about fifteen minutes he just stood under the water.

After a bit, he steps out and dries himself off, and gets dressed, going back into his room and blinks in surprise when he saw that Lin was there waiting for him. "I see you're feeling a little better." He hold up Naru's phone, and smiles. "Did you need something? Is that why you called them?" Naru rolls his eyes, and uses the towel in his hands to dry his hair. "And so what if I did? It's none of your business Lin." Lin smiles, and shrugs. "You're right, it isn't, but I was just wondering."

Naru tosses the towel aside. "Well, you're gonna have to keep on wondering, cause I'm not telling you what I was doing." Lin shrugs again. The tall Chinese man gets up from the seat he had been sitting in, and goes to the door, which Naru was holding open. "Just make sure you don't do anything you will regret..." Lin says, before leaving the room. Naru shuts it behind him, and sighs. "What does he mean...regret?" He stares at the phone that Lin had put in his hand before leaving. "That guy can be so confusing at times..."

Karou hums to himself as he washed his hair, eyes closed to protect them if any shampoo slides down his face. Once his hair was sufficiently soapy he ducked his head back under the water and rinsed it all out. He then washed his body before exiting the shower. He dried off before stepping out of the bathroom and heading back to his room, shivering in the cold air. He got dressed then flopped back onto his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

(you're gonna have to start doing a bit more, or we'll never get anywhere with this)

Naru lays down on his bed, and stairs up at the ceiling, his mind wandering to Karou, wondering what he was up to at that moment. "He's probably asleep by now..." Naru mutters to himself, and sighs, placing his hands behind his head, and bending one of his knees. This was so annoying... Why was it when he thought of Karou, he feels...weird? Karou was a guy...so why did he feel this way?

Feeling restless Karou rolled off of his bed, standing and exiting his room. The house was quiet, Mai was probably asleep. He stood there for a moment, bored. He didn't want to disturb Naru so calling him was out of the question, Mai was rather irritable when disturbed while sleeping and seeing as he didn't feel like getting his head ripped off he let her be. Hmmm, so what could he do?

He finally went back to his room and grabbed his sketchpad, flipping to a clean page. He let his mind wander as he just began drawing, not focusing on anything. His thoughts turned to Naru and their future date[/i] meeting. A smile spread across his face and he looked down. His cheeks tinted pink as he stared at a drawing of Naru smiling up at him from the page.

Karou gasped, flipping closed the book as his cheeks grew redder. Why did he draw Naru? Was it because he had been thinking about him. Karou took a deep breath, deciding that was why. He glanced at the sketchbook then looked away, flopping back down. He stared at the ceiling and before he knew he had fallen asleep.

When morning came Karou blinked open his eyes and yawned, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. He climbed out of bed and walked into the kitchen. Upon not seeing his sister he guessed she must still be in bed. He padded over to the phone and picked it up. He stared at it for a moment before biting his lip and dialing Naru's number, really hoping he wasn't going to be waking the man up, he would feel horrible.

Naru lay in bed, awake. He had woken up earlier than he would have liked, and was trying with all his might to fall back asleep, but could not. Later in the evening last night Lin had told him that whether he liked it or not, he was taking the day off. Even if he had to force Naru to stay home, by tying him up in rope. Naru frowns. Why did Lin always do things like that? It got annoying. But even so...the look on Lin's face told him that he wasn't lying or playing around.

Sighing, he sits up, running his fingers through his hair. He decides to read a book, and gets up, going over to the bookshelf that was on the side of his room, his fingers tracing along the spines of each book, wondering which one he should read. He had read all the books in his house at least three times, if not more. He picks one finally, and goes over to the seat by his desk, and was just about to open the book when his phone rang. "Who could be calling at this hour in the morning?" Naru murmurs, and picks up the phone. "Hello? Kazuya Shibuya speaking."

Karou momentarily panicked when Naru answered, mind going blank on what he was about to say. He mentally slapped himself and he blushed when he realized he had been quiet for a few seconds. "H-Hey Naru, It's Karou. I was just calling to see how you are doing. I didn't wake you up, did I?" He asked in a worried voice.

"Oh...hi Karou. I'm doing alright. Better than yesterday, but still no where near one hundred percent. And no, you didn't wake me up..." He smiles, standing up from the seat, and walking over to his window, pushing aside the curtain slightly to look outside. "I couldn't sleep, so I've been up for a while now. Is seeing how I was feeling all you needed?" Letting go of the curtains, they fall back in place. "I'm not saying that you calling me is really that big a deal, I'm just surprised that you called me is all. It's usually Mai, and that's her complaining and trying to weasel her way out of work. And on that note, there is no need to go to SPR, Lin's pretty much forcing me to stay at home...well, not go to work anyways."

Karou smiled as he sat on the couch. "That's Mai for you. She always tried to get out of doing chores when we were kids." He said with a small laugh as he stared up at the ceiling. "Anyway, I'm glad you're feeling better. And it's good you're staying home, you need to rest. Your body can only take so much strain. Is your head still hurting any? I could bring over some ginger tea if you would like."

Naru smiles and laughs softly. "Even so, it's still annoying..." He sits down again, and looks up at the ceiling. "My head is feeling a bit better, it still hurts. But you don't need to do anything, I'll be fine...though..." He pauses, and scratches the side of his face. Would this sound weird? He hoped not. "If you want, you can just come over...you know, to keep me company? Lin's out doing something despite being so early...and well...I wanted to see you again...." He stops talking, and blushes, yeah...that sounded weird...

Karou felt a blush paint his cheeks and he was momentarily at a lose for words. Naru...wanted to see him again? The thought made a weird feeling flutter in his chest but he ignored it as he realized he had yet to answer. He tripped over his words trying to get them out and finally had to pause and take a deep breath before he tried again. "Sure, I would love to come over!" He blushed as he heard how enthusiastic he sounded. "I-I mean, only if y-you're sure I won't be a bother." He said in a calmer voice.

"Heh, great! I'll see you in a bit then. And don't worry, it won't be a bother at all. I'll see you in a bit?" When they had it all figured out, and Naru told Karou where his house was and how to get there, Naru says good bye, and then hangs up, a smile forming on his lips. At least he'd have some company to keep him from losing his mind out of boredom. He flops back on his bed, and stares up at the ceiling, waiting for Karou to arrive.

After Naru hang up Karou, unable to contain his excitement, jumped up and did a little dance, giggling like a school girl. He blushed at his actions and set the phone down and headed to his room. He quickly got dressed and slipped his shoes on. He packed a bag with the ingredients for the ginger tea, just in case Naru's head started hurting. He exited the house then locked the door behind him, for once grateful that Mai had a habit of sleeping late.

He glanced down at the piece of paper on which Naru's address was written on and headed off. He only managed to get lost two times, which wasn't that bad considering he had no sense of direction. He smiled in victory when he managed to finally find the house and went up to the front door, knocking.

Naru was still laying on his back when he hears a knock at the door, and smiles. That had to be Karou. He gets up from the bed, and makes his way to the front door, and sure enough when he opens it, Karou was standing there. Naru smiles, and stands to the side, allowing Karou to step inside, and closes the door behind them. "Hey, I'm glad you could make it." Naru says softly, his eyes twinkling happily. He leads Karou to the living room, and gestures for him to take a seat, while he went to his bed room to get his medicine bottle, and takes one before returning to where Karou was. "Sorry if my house is a bit boring, I don't really have much here except for books and a few other things."

Karou smiled at Naru when he opened his door and stepped inside. He followed Naru into the living room, looking around curiously. It was very neat and just..Naru. He smiled when Naru came back, taking a seat. "It fine. It's a nice change from my house. As much as I try to keep it clean, Mai blocks me at every turn." He said with a small giggle. He held up the small plastic bag in his hands. "I know you said your head wasn't really hurting much but I brought you ginger tea anyway." He said, cheeks darkening slightly.

"Hm, I see. Well she should stop doing that, it's rude." He then looks at the bag that Karou had brought, and smiles at what Karou said it was, taking in the sight of Karou blushing slightly. "Thanks. Maybe in a bit we can fix it?" He says, sitting down on a chair that was set across from where Karou was sitting. He leans his head back, and looks up at the ceiling, but then glances at Karou. Naru wondered just what Karou thought when he looked at him...was it nice? Because for some reason, whenever their eyes met, Karou would blush and look away. "So...you going to school still?" He asks, trying to make a conversation.