Case File Number 0: Of Ghosts and Love (With ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~)

XxMissxPhantomhivexX

Naru ignores her comment, and smiles when Yin-yin's brother shows up, and Karou picks him up. They still had a while till start the investigation, and so Naru busied himself with second checking that everything was set up properly, the cables to the monaters were out of the way, the lap top was set up right, stuff like that. All the while he held Yin-yin in his arms, and one point sets her up on his shoulder, so she was perched there much like a pirate has a parrot on his shoulder.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XxMissxPhantomhivexX

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

Karou almost giggled at the sight of the kitten riding around on Naru's shoulder. He was sitting on the floor, playing with Yang-Yang. He had found a bit of string laying around and so the kitten was laying on his back, Karou giggling every time the kitten tried to bat at it the string Karou held in the air.

Eventually the time arrives, and Naru hands Yin'yin to Karou, and then moves to stand in front of the screens, Lin standing by his right, and Mai by his left. Mai looked nervous but excited at the same time, and Lin just looked...calm? Anyway, they all look at a screen. Slight temperature changes could be seen, but it wasn't anything drastic. However thirty minutes later something big happens. Window in the upstairs bedroom suddenly shatters, and in the attic a stack of boxes falls over. Naru checks the temperatures but they were normal.

Karou set both of the cats on a chair and walked over to looked at the monitors curiously, standing by his sister. When the window broke and the boxes fell over Karou jumped and grabbed onto his sisters sleeve, eyes wide. Mai bent over to check the temperature then looked at Naru when it was normal. "Naru?" She asked, looking back at the screen. "How do you explain this?"

This was just what he suspected would happen. "Remember when I said this house was old and built on shifting ground? Well look here." He points at a small scale at the lower corner of the lap top. It had lines on it, much like that of a heart monitor. Then he points at a spot where it had spiked, and the time beneath it. "The ground shifted at the time the boxes moved and the glass shattered. I suspect that the window broke because it's set lower then the rest of the house. The boxes moved due to the house shifting."

Mai straightened, muttering "Know-it-all." under her breath as she went to go sit down. Karou stifled a giggle as he watched his sister huff and go sit down. He glanced back at the monitors. There was a slight tugging on his pants and he looked down to see Yang-Yang. He smiled and scooped the kitten up, turning back to the screens while scratching behind the kittens ears.

Naru only smirks, before leaning back in the chair, his hands held behind his head, his legs crossed. Lin sat down finally, in the chair next to him, sitting straight up. Naru sighs, and closes his eyes partway. This was going to be a long, boring night. He was almost 100% certain that this house wasn't really haunted... But still, he'd been wrong before, there was no way he was going to take any chances on that again. "So, Karou. Tell me. Why has Mai hid you up til now?" He asks, his eyes still part way closed. "Is it because she's jelous you're smarter than her?"

Karou took a seat beside his sister, still petting Yang-Yang. "I really wouldn't call it 'hiding'. When our parents died I went to live will a distant relative in America. I tried to get Mai to go with me but she didn't want to leave the house. So I've been living in America for about ten years. I just recently came back." He answered.

So...he's been living in America...interesting. He glances over at Mai, and frowns. That didn't explain why she never even mentioned her brother at least once. He simply pushes the matter from his mind, and turns to look at the screens, nothing really to look at right then. Lin had his eyes closed, but was very much awake, and for a few moments nothing was said, the only sound was the gentle purring of the twin cats, Yin-yin and Yang-yang, the quiet whirring of the computers, and the ticking of a clock that was up on the wall. Outside the sky begins to get darker and darker, as the time seems to just slip by.

Nothing happens at first, but at around 11:45, Mai having dozed off, Naru was staring at the screens when something catches his eye, causing him to frown, his eyebrows pressing together. The monitor for the bedroom had suddenly shown a drastic drop in temperature, it looked to be around 40 degrees Fahrenheit, and seconds after that, the monitors for the front room, the attic, and the hallway were the same. He looks at the one in the kitchen, and could see that something was moving, and he leans forward, so he was looking directly at the screen.

Karou fought to keep his eyes open. Mai had already fallen asleep. Lin looked like he was asleep but he couldn't be sure. Karou looked at Naru and saw him staring intently at the monitors. The boy yawned and rubbed his eyes as he stood up, walking over to the other. "What is it Naru?" He asked softly.

Naru glances up at Karou, who had walked over to him and asked what it was, Lin's eyes had opened as well, and now he was leaning over Naru to look at the screen as well, his hand resting on Naru's shoulder, that same calm, taciturn look on his face. Naru glances over at Mai, and sighs, shaking his head, before looking at the screen again. "What is it? It means we've got a problem...I was never told that things were levitating..." He points at the screen he was staring so intently at, and sure enough, a glass vase filled with dry flowers was hovering about five feet in the air. "We might actually have a haunting after all...The house is old yes, and the ground is shifting, so that's why the place is falling apart...but it seems that's not the only problem..."

As he spoke, the remaining screens showed that the temperatures had dropped in all the rooms there were cameras in, and the air in the room they were in began to get chilly as well. "So what do you suggest?" Lin asks, watching as plates began to shuffle in the kitchen, one of them falling to the ground and shattering. "We wait a little longer, to see if it gets worse, and then we exorcise whatever is in there..." Lin nods, squeezing Naru's shoulder gently, before sitting down again, and Naru stares at the screens, the lights from the screens making his face glow slightly, and he had a intensely focused look in his eyes.

Karou felt a chill run down his spine as he watched the vase hover in the air. Great, so the place really was haunted. He shivered as the temperature in the room dropped and he rubbed his arms, mentally cursing himself that he didn't bring a jacket.

(I'm thinking about making him have asthma or something. xD)

Out of the corner of his eye, Naru could see Karou shivering, and takes off the black jacket he was wearing over a white long sleeved shirt, and tosses it over at the boy. He stares at the screen still, watching as more and more things begin to move, pictures and furniture, books, plates, chairs and tables, the pillows on the bed. "Alright, that's enough. Let's go Lin. WAKE UP MAI!!!" The sleeping girl jumps up, startled from her nap. She frowns at Naru, but gasps when she sees what was going on in the rooms. Lin nods, and stands up, and Naru does as well. "Mai, you stay in here. Karou, you can stay in here if you want as well. Here nothing will happen to you." He leaves the room without another word, Lin trailing after him.

(alright)

Karou jumped in surprise when a jacket was thrown at him. He gave the other male a look of surprise but slid on the jacket gratefully. He jumped again when Naru yelled at Mai for her to wake up. He watched as Naru left the room with Lin then Karou and Mai sat down in the seats they had just vacated. Karou watched the screen, hoping the two would be alright.

The two males make their way to the bedroom, where most of the occurrences was taking place. They step inside, and almost instantly something attacks Naru, and he was slammed against the wall of the room, his feet dangling a few feet in the air, his hands clutching at invisible arms and hands that seemed to be holding him by the neck. His face turns red as he could hardly breath, dots began to form in his vision. "Lin...do...some...thing!!!" He sputters, his eyes began to roll back, as he slowly began to start to fade out, but Lin had begun to mutter some incantation, his voice low, the words flowing fast from his tongue. He makes a slashing motion with his arm, and with a scream, the grip around Naru's neck vanishes, and he collapses to the ground, gasping, and clutching at his neck. Before he could do anything however, thing start to get worse. Sharp shards of glass fly at Naru, and Lin jumps in front of him, so that the glass lands in his arm, and blood seeps through the cloth of his suit's sleeve, making the already dark fabric even darker.

Karou and Mai both cover their mouths as they watched with growing horror. Before Karou could realize what he was doing, his body was up and running out of the room; his sisters shout echoing behind him. He honestly didn't have a clue how he would be any help but he couldn't just sit there, he had to do something! He raced down the hall to the bedroom.

(You know how Mai has some abilities? I was wondering if Karou could have any but I'm not sure what they could be. Hmmmm...)

Naru sits up, and then struggles to his feet, swaying as he stood there. Lin stands up as well, and begins to speak rapid fire, muttering incantations and spells of exorcism. The things that were floating in the room suddenly fall to the floor, and the temperature return to normal, but not all was well. The hall that Karou was running down suddenly sways, and the floor boards creak. Naru hurries out the room, and his eyes widen as he sees a crack crawling along the floor. He runs towards Karou, and yells out to him, but by the time he reaches him the floor breaks, sending them crashing to the basement below. Naru had swiveled his body so that he was beneath Karou, and the boy lands on top of him, making him grunt from the weight, he himself landing on a pile of rubble and wooden boards.

Lin could be seen above, his face a distant dot, as the basement was far below, they had fallen through two floors of house. Because where they had been on the second floor. "NARU!!!" Lin calls, it was obvious that Lin was super worried, this happened all too often, and he hated seeing Naru get hurt. "I...I'm fine..." He could feel wetness at the back of his head, and reaches up to touch his hair, and when he looks at his fingers, he could see they were red, red with blood. He groans softly, and closes his eyes.

Karou heard a shout and saw Naru running toward him. the other grabbed him and he was confused as to why. He soon found out his answer when the floor seemed to disappear beneath them and they fell. Karou squeezed his eyes shut, body tensing in preparation for impact. He laid on something soft however, hearing a grunt. He blinked his eyes open, looking up. Naru's face came into view and it took Karou a moment to grasp the position they were in. Karou rolled off of the other male, peering down at him in concern. He saw him touch the back of his hand, the boy gasping when he saw the blood.

He put a shaky hand on Naru's face, eyes wide. "Naru, hey look at me! Don't close your eyes!" He said in a panicked voice. He didn't know if Naru had a concussion or not, but if he did he couldn't fall asleep. Karou looked up at Lin's face far above them. "Naru's head is bleeding! Hurry and get help!"

He opens his eyes again, his vision becoming more and more blurred by the moment. He could feel something on his face...a hand? And though the light was dim, he could see that Karou was talking...but all he could hear was a distant murmur, like the sound someone hears when they were underwater, the sound unclear and distorted. His eyes flutter, he felt so tired. "I...I can't...I can't stay...awake..." He murmurs, a pool of blood forming behind his head, the crimson liquid spreading slowly across the cement floor, staining the wood and debris beneath them.

Up above, Lin could see something was happening, and his worries were confirmed when Karou calls up to him, saying that Naru was bleeding. He nods, and disappears from their view, hurrying down the hall and towards where Mai was. He tells her of the situation, and they go to the stairs, but the whole bottom half of staircase had crumbled. They couldn't get down to them!

Karou became even more panicked when the blood began to pool. He hurriedly stripped off the jacket the tore a long strip from his shirt. He then carefully lifted Naru up and began wrapping the cloth around Naru's head gently, making sure to tie it tightly. He then folded up the jacket and rested Naru's head on it.

Karou looked around, seeing they were in a basement. He stood and began to explore, hoping maybe to find a door that would lead out. He moved quickly though, Naru was hurt and needed medical attention immediately.

Within moments, Naru was passed out, unknowing of the make shift bandaging that Karou had done for him. Upstairs, out on the steps, Mai and Lin were trying to thnk of something to do, and finally decide to lower mail from the side of the railing, and then Lin would find another way down. While he did, she would go to Karou and Naru. She finds the door that leads to the basement, and opens it, to reveal a dark set of stairs. She could hear shuffling, and calls out. "Naru? Karou? Can you hear me

Karou jumps about a foot into the air at the sudden voice. He runs over to the stairs, almost tripping in his haste. "Mai?! We're down here!" He called as he peered up the stairs to try and make out his sister's form. "Naru's hurt and we need to get him out of here right now! He hit his head and there was a lot of blood and now I can't get him to wake up!" Karou said, having to take deep breaths to calm himself down.

"Um, um alright, wait a sec!' Mai pulls a flash light from her pocket, and turns it on, so that she could see better down towards her brother. She hears footsteps, and looks over her shoulder to see that Lin had somehow found a way down the stairs. She doesn't ask him how he did it, but instead guides the way down the stepa towards where her brother was waiting, and then to Naru. Lin kneels down, and scoops the unconscious Naru up in his arms, then guides them back up the stairs.hbuilding starts to creak and tremble even more, the wood moaning from the strain of keeping up. "We need to get out of here, the building is about collapse." Lin says, and hurries up the stairs. "But what about the kittens!" Mai esclaims. "I got them. Now let's go!" "But...the equipment!""The equipment can be replaced! Our lives can't!" Sure enough, the kittne swere tucked away in a pocket, and they leave the building. Seconds after they exited, with Naru safe in Lin's arms, the whole buidling trembles one last time, before crashing to the ground.

Karou watched the building fall down, eyes wide. He was very glad Naru had told that women never to come back, who knows what would have happened them. He glanced at Naru in Lin's arms then looked up at the man. "Is Naru going to be ok?" He asked, concerned expression on his face.

Lin glances over at Karou, who had asked if Naru would be okay, and he nods silently. Mai stared with dishes as the building fell, her eyes wide with shock as dust rose from the rubble,he ground shaking slightly. He guides them back to the van, placing the unconscious Naru in the passenger seat, buckling him in, before getting into the driver seat himself. Once Mai andKaru were situated, he would drive off, and in silence he drove, deciding to take the two home before going to the hospital. Knowing Naru, it probably wasn't as has as it looked, Naru was a tough guy.