Case File Number 0: Of Ghosts and Love (With ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~)

XxMissxPhantomhivexX

Lin dropped the siblings off at home and they slowly went inside the house. It was silent before Mai told Karou good night and retied to her room. Karou sighed and walked to his room. He grabbed his pajamas before making his way to the bathroom. He turned the water on then stripped as he waited for it to warm up. He then stepped inside and ducked his head under the stream, letting out a sigh; hoping that Naru was going to be ok.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XxMissxPhantomhivexX

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

Once Lin had dropped Mai and Karou off at their house, Lin drives to the hospital, parks in an empty spot, and turns off the engine. Getting out, he goes to the passenger side after locking the driver door, and he carefully picks Naru up out of the seat, and closes the door behind, as well as locking it. He then heads inside the building, the nurse who was admitting patients immediately knew who it was, and lets them pass by without any questions. They go to a room that was specifically set aside for Naru, and Lin sets him on the bed, before sitting on a chair that was set by the bed, though he stands up again when a doctor comes in.

"Another accident from work I'm guessing?" The doctor asks, and Lin nods. The doctor sighs, and does the usual, checks Naru's heart rate, his breathing, to see if all his vitals were okay. They were. He then unwraps the strip of cloth that Karou had placed around his head, and whistles at the site of the wound on the back of Naru's head. "What's wrong?" Lin asks, staring intently at the doctor. "Well, nothing too major, but it sure does look painful. He'll be alright. Though when he wakes up he's going to have a killer headache. I'll prescribe some pain medicine, and he should be good to go once he wakes up. Just make sure to keep the bandages around his head clean so it doesn't get infected." He goes on to write out a prescription, and hands it to Lin, who pockets it, and then the doctor wraps some clean bandages around Naru's head, before smiling at Lin, and then leaves the room. Lin sighs in relief.

He decides to call Mai, and tell her that Naru was alright, it was nothing serious. He dials her number, but it kept ringing. She probably was asleep. Hopefully someone would pick up...If they did, he would tell them that Naru was alright and not to worry.

Karou rubbed his hair with a towel until it was dry and fluffy. He tossed it in the hamper then padded to the kitchen clothed in nothing but boxers and pajama pants. Just as he stepped inside the room he heard the phone ring. He frowned, not knowing who would be calling. He then realized it was probably Lin with an update on Naru's condition and almost tripped over himself to get to the phone. "Hello?"

'Ah! An answer!' Lin thinks to himself. "Hello, this is Karou right? This is Lin. I'm calling to tell you two that Naru is okay, the wound looked worse than it actually was. He didn't get a concussion or anything, so that's good. I hope you two are doing alright as well." When he had finished telling Karou all that needed to be told, Lin bids him good night, then hangs up. He looks over at Naru, who was still asleep, and sighs. Why was it that no matter what the situation, Naru ended up getting hurt to some degree? Be it a scrape or bruise, or to the more worse scale a broken bone or being knocked out. He shakes his head, before sitting down on the chair, and closes his eyes. He would stay there with Naru until he woke up. Then they would go to Naru's house after picking up the prescription of pain medicine the doctor had ordered.

Karou sagged against the wall in relief. He's alright... He hung up the phone then went to his room after getting a drink of water, which was the reason he had gone to the kitchen in the first place. Karou entered his room and flopped down on his bed. It had been a long day. First he and Naru fell two stories and landed in a basement, then the house decided that it was going to collapse and they had to run to avoid getting crushed. Mix all that in with the worry Karou had felt for Naru and it equaled a very tired boy.

He sighed and closed his eyes, wiggling under his blankets.

Eventually Naru wakes up, and sure enough, like the doctor had said, his head was filled with an excruciating pain, and his eyes begin to water the moment his eyes open. Lin, who was sitting next to Naru's bed in a chair, looks at Naru when he stirred, and sighs softly. "Ow...ow...ow...." Naru moans, holding his head in his hands. He gazes at Lin, his eyes partly closed, and tears of pain leaking from them. "You're awake. Good. Time to go." Lin says simply, and stands from the chair. Naru slowly gets up from the bed, swaying slightly from the dizziness that formed from his movements, but he was steady soon enough.

They leave the hospital, and the first thing they do was go to the pharmacy, where Lin goes in to pick up the meds, and once he had them, Naru takes one, resting his head back on the seat of the van. "Aiyaiyai..." He groans, his eyes closed slightly. They move again, and were at Naru's house. He goes inside, and straight away to his room, where he changes into a pair of pajamas, before laying down on his bed. However, he was wide awake, and couldn't fall asleep. He sighs, and rolls onto his side, to stare out the window that gave a clear view of the full moon outside.

Soon it was morning and Karou blinked his eyes open. He sat up and yawned, rubbing his eyes. He stumbled to his feet and into the bathroom. A few minutes he came out, slightly more awake. He walked to the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of water. He figured that Mai wouldn't have to go to work today seeing as Naru was hurt.

The next morning found Naru, and an irritated Lin at Shibuya Psychic Research facilities, Naru in his chair behind a desk, writing a report on his laptop as to what had happened the night before, and Lin trying not to drag Naru back home, the whole way there Lin had tried to convince Naru to stay at home from work, but Naru wouldn't have that. "If I'm feeling fine, then I should work right? Calm down Lin." He had said, before going to his office, and getting to work.

Later that morning, he calls Mai's number, and she picks up, a spoon in her hand as she was in the middle of eating a bowl of cereal. "Hello Mai. This is Naru. Don't forget to come in to SPR today, all right?" Mai gasps, and drops her spoon, a slightly hilarious disappointed look on her face. "But why? I thought you weren't feeling good....man...." Naru simply laughs, and tells her to be there or she'd be in trouble, and then he hangs up.

Karou looked up at his sister with a curious expression as she slumped back into her seat after answering the phone. He examined her face for a moment before giggling. "You have to go to work today, don't you?"

Mai glared at him. "Oh shut up!"

An hour later found Mai once again dragging her brother down the street. If she had to go, so did he. She pushed him inside the SPR office, the boy glaring daggers at her.

When Mai came into the office, Naru was surprised to see that she had once again brought her brother with her. Mai scowls at him, and stomps towards him, getting in his face. You could almost see the annoyance and irritation rolling off of her, as she glared into Naru's eyes. "Why aren't you at home in bed resting? You do realize you fell two floors, almost cracked your head open, was unconscious for who knows how long, and are probably aching all over...and yet...YOU COME TO WORK?! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" She fumes, and if she was a kettle or a bull, smoke would probably be steaming from her nostrils, her face was red, her whole body trembling with anger.

Naru simply shrugs, a calm look on his face despite having Mai inches away from his face and yelling at him, her voice ringing in his ears. "If I can move properly, and function like normal, then of course I'm going to be a work. But would you mind keeping your voice down? My head hurts...And your annoying yelling is making it worse." "Why you!" Lin stands up, and places his hand on Mai's shoulder. "Huh?" Lin shakes his head, and Mai sighs exasperatedly. Why did this always have to happen?

Karou winced when Mai started yelling at Naru. He sighed, grabbed his sisters hand and hauled her into the kitchen. "Calm down, It's not like we could physically keep him in bed. Lin called me last night and told me the doctor said it wasn't as bad as it looked. But yelling and screaming at him isn't going to help. So stay in here until you've calmed down." He told her before walking out. "How are you feeling Naru?" Karou asked softly, trying not to bed loud.

Lin and Naru watch as Karou drags his sister out of the room, and they exchange looks, Naru shrugging slightly, and Lin sighing. When Karou returned, they saw that his sister didn't come with him. Naru wondered what she was doing, but since there really wasn't that much to do today, he would let her take a small break. For now anyways, as he had some old case files he wanted her to sort and categorize and put away. He looks at Karou when he asks how Naru was feeling, noticing how the boy kept his voice down. "I'm fine thanks. The only thing really hurting is my head, and thankfully I have medicine for that, or else it would be hurting a lot more. How about you? I'm sure you got a few cuts and bruises from that little fall we took."

Karou shook his head. "I wasn't really hurt seeing as I landed on you when we fell. I'm really sorry about that." The boy said. He heard a mew and looked down to see Yang-Yang. "Hey buddy." He murmured softly as he scooped the kitten up and began petting him.

"Hmm...alright. Well I'm glad you're not hurt. And don't apologize, I was the one who moved beneath you so you'd have a softer landing. No offense, but you probably would have ended up in a lot worse condition then I did you landed on the ground." He glances at the kitten that had popped up, his sister not too far behind, the female kitten jumping up into Naru's lap. "Yeah, I've yet to get these little ones back to Ms. Nakitoma." The kittens mew, and he smiles softly. "Mai better get her butt back in here, I need to tell her what she needs to do today...those files won't sort themselves. As for me, I need to write up a report..."

As if summoned Mai appeared from the kitchen, Naru's usual cup of tea in her hand. She handed it to him then stood there waiting for him to tell her what she needed to get done. Karou had taken a seat and was still petting the kitten. He giggled when Yang-Yang rolled onto his back and started rubbing the kitten belly.

Naru smiles a little when Mai hands him a cup of tea, and he takes a sip of it before telling her what she needed to do. Immediately she gets to it, and all was quiet, the only sounds really were of the sound of shuffling papers, the ticking of a clock, the purring of the two kittens , and the clicking and tapping of the keys on Naru's computer keyboard as he wrote up a report, as well as the scratching sound of a pen across paper, Lin was writing the report by hand, to be put in the hard files.

At around fifteen minutes after twelve, Mai stands up, and hurries from the room, going to the kitchen to get them all something to eat, as well as make another cup of tea for Naru. She had been working with them for quite some time now, so she knew the routine quite well by now. Naru moves away from the computer and towards where his jacket was hanging, pulling out a medicine bottle and taking out two white pills, and taking a sip of water to swallow them. He sighs, and sits down again, leaning his head back in the chair, and looking out the window, before glancing over at Karou. "You know...you don't have to stick around if you don't want to Karou..." He says softly, a smile on his lips.

Karou glanced up from where he had been playing with the kittens on the floor. He looked at Naru before he shrugged. "If I stay at home I'll just be bored. I really don't mind being here but if Mai would just ask instead of dragging me here.." He said with a pointed look at his sister who only grinned at him as she entered the room with their lunch. "It's not my fault you're weaker than me." Karou sniffed, turning away from her. Mai laughed, shaking her head at her brother. Her laughter stopped however when Karou coughed a few times. Karou looked up to she Mai watching him warily and he waved a hand. "Don't you start, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I can go get-"

"I'm fine.' Karou cut her off, crossing his arms over his chest;.

"Alright, whatever you say..." He murmurs, watching as Mai walks back into the room, and narrows his eyes at her words. "You don't have much room to talk Mai, think back on all the times you almost got yourself killed and I had to help you. So think about your own weakness before getting onto others about theirs." He was about to say more when he hears Karou cough, and he looks at the boy, wondering what was going on, because Mai was watching him carefully, only to have Karou say he was fine, but Mai asked if he was certain, she could go get something for him. 'Go get what?' Naru thinks as he watches Karou cross his arms over his chest.

Mai says nothing else, but hands everyone their lunches, as well as going to get the cup of tea for Naru. They eat in silence, Naru glancing over at Karou every once in a while, wondering just what was going on.

Karou ate his lunch silently, annoyed slightly that Mai kept watching him as though waiting for something. It wasn't long before she joined him on the floor. "How long has it been since you've had one?" She asked. The boy groaned quietly to himself, wishing she wasn't making a big deal out of it. "I said I'm fine." But Mai was persistent and finally Karou sighed. "I had one about a week before I came back." He winced when Mai slapped his arm. "Karou! Why didn't you tell me?!" She asked angrily. He just shrugged. "Because I didn't want you to over-react like you always do." He stated. His sister only crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him, causing him to sigh.

Naru's eyes narrow as he watches the siblings converse, and wondered just what was going on to make Mai act like this. "Is there something wrong?" Naru asks, Lin watching them all from his seat silently, observing the scene quietly. Naru looks from Mai to Karou, wanting an explanation as to what was going on. Was there something about Karou that he had yet to know? Did he have some sort of sickness? Asthma maybe?

Mai looked over at Naru before she sighed and shook her head and stood, retreating to the kitchen. Karou sighed and flopped onto his back. The kittens took that as an invitation and began tumbling all over him, causing him to smile.

Naru frowns, and stands up, slamming his hand on the desk, making the things that were set on it rattle, as well as startling the two kittens, making them hide beneath the bookcase that was set against the wall. "You know Mai...I don't like being ignored!" He calls after her as she goes to the kitchen, carrying the empty plates and such in her arms. Lin watches Naru carefully, and sighs. "Karou! Answer. My. Question. Is there something wrong?! I can't allow you to come with us when we go out on jobs, if you've got something that will just get in the way and slow us down!" He stares intently at the boy, his eye brows pressed together, an irritated look in his eye.

Karou jumped in surprise when he heard something slam down. He sat up as the kitten ran for cover. He looked over at Naru in surprise, having never really seen the normally calm man irritated before. He raised his hands into the air, eyes wide. "It's nothing, I swear!" He protested weakly. He turned his head when Mai poked her head the doorway, her own expression irritated. "He has asthma." She stated before disappearing back into the kitchen, leaving Karou to scowl after her.

When Mai pops back in, well, looks in the room, she confirms his suspicions. So he had asthma. He closes his eyes, and sits back down, sighing as he did. "Was it so hard to just tell me something like that? You can't hide such important information from people!" He opens one of his eyes to gaze at Karou, it was obvious he was still irritated. "Asthma...such a bother..." He sighs to himself, and then closes his eye again. He wasn't sure if he should let Karou stay, but making him leave might be the better choice. "If you promise not to get in the way, then I'll let you stay. If you can't promise that, then I'm going to have to say that you need to go...I hate being the bad guy here, but I can't have people who slow us down or get in the way..."

"That's why I don't like telling people. They make a big deal out of nothing!" Karou mumbled with a sigh. "I promise I will be careful and not let it effect your work." The boy said, flopping back down against the floor with another sigh.