Case File Number 0: Of Ghosts and Love (With ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~)

XxMissxPhantomhivexX

"That may be so, but you shouldn't hide that kind of information from people." Naru sighs, and looks over at the irritated boy. He smiles as Karou promised to not get in the way, before flopping onto his back, and Naru shakes his head in a amused way. Without another word, he gets back to his report, he was about halfway finished, it was taking him longer to do this time because his head hurt so badly.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XxMissxPhantomhivexX

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

Karou glanced up, noticing Naru looked uncomfortable. It must be his head. Hmmm... Karou stared thoughtfully at the ceiling, trying to figure out a way to help Naru out. He then got an idea and climbed to his feet, heading to the kitchen. He remembered dimly something his mother had tried when he had had a very bad headache. Mai had already left the kitchen and was now working so Karou took the liberty to rummage through the cupboards. He didn't find what he was looking for. Well, the store wasn't but a very short walk away so he walked over to the door, telling Mai he would be back soon.

Before she could protest he was out the door and walking down the street. He soon arrived at the store and used a bit of money he still had left from returning to America and bought what he needed. He made his way back SPR and ignored Mai's confused stare as he walked back into the kitchen. He hummed to himself as he got to work and soon he walked out to Naru with a cup of tea. He set it down. "Ginger tea. My mother used to give it to me when I had really bad headaches. I added a bit of honey to sweeten it." He said, gave Naru a small smile before he went to go sit back down on the floor to play with the kittens. Mai's confused look changed to something Karou couldn't identify. He mentally shrugged and sat back down, immediately being attacked by the kittens. He giggled, wiggling his fingers at them and watching them playfully swipe at his hand.

Naru sighs as he works, a faint pounding in his head. The brightness on the computer screen didn't help much either, and he often had to pause what he was doing to close his eyes and let the pain lessen. As he was doing this, he hears movement, and looks around as Karou left the room, wondering what the kid was up to, but shrugs, not that it was really his business. He gets back to his typing, his fingers slowly moving across the keyboard. Lin was watching Naru, having finished writing out his part of the report by hand, and frowning at the back of Naru's head. He knew that Naru was still not feeling all the way better, and was upset that Naru refused to take the day off.

By the time that Karou got back, the pain in Naru's head had gotten worse, and he had just stood up to get another pain pill when the boy walks back into the room, and he blinks in surprise as he was handed a cup of tea. Karou explains what it was, and he stares into the cup. He smiles slightly, before taking the medicine with a sip of the tea. It was really good. He sits down, and continues to drink the tea, glancing over at Karou. "Thank you...for this." He says finally, before finally finishing what he was typing.

Karou smiled, still looking down at the floor. "You're welcome Naru." a question rose to the front of his mind then and he glanced up at the other male. "Naru..Why are you called that? I heard that lady call you something else, so why go by Naru?" He asked curiously as Yin-Yin pounced on his hand.

Naru had just sent the document to the printer when Karou asks him a question. It was about why he was called Naru and not the name the lady called him. He smirks, and thinks a bit before asking. "I don't know really...You could call it a nickname I guess. People started calling me that and it kind of stuck." He smiles at Yin-yin, who had pounced on Karou's hand. "Later on we're going to have to take those two fuzzballs back to my aunt..."

"He's also a narcissist." Mai piped up. Karou laughed at the expectancy of that statement, glancing over at his sister who was smiling. Karou just shook his head and scratched Yang-Yang on the head. Honestly, he was going to miss the kittens but they belonged to that women so it wasn't he could keep them.

Naru totally ignores Mai's comment, instead he looks the other way, acting as if she wasn't even in the room with them. "Hey Lin, do you hear something?" He asks, and Lin shakes his head. "I thought not, guess it's just my imagination playing tricks on me again!" Lin shrugs, a teeny smile forming at the corner of his lips.

Mai huffs and glared at the other male, crossing her arms over her chest. Karou just shook his head. His sister was so easy to tease sometimes. Karou bit his lip them threw his two cents in, unable to pass up the chance. "You know Naru, I could have sworn I heard something but it could have been the wind or maybe it was just my imagination." He said, grinning over at the man.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well! Shows what I get for having a job like this one!" He suppresses a laugh, and continues to look out the window. Mai huffs again, and leaves the room, going back to sorting files. "You guys are mean!" She mutters as she walks away. Only when she was out of range does he begin to laugh, Lin chuckling quietly as well.

When Mai left the room Karou burst into giggles, flopping onto his back. The kittens approached his face and sniffed, wondering what was wrong with him. He chuckled, petting Yin-Tin on the head. "She's going to ignore us for a while now." He told the other two, giggling again.

Naru shrugs. "I'm not complaining. But knowing her, it won't take long before she can't stand not talking to us, and she'll stop ignoring us. I know your sister quite well." He smiles softly, before standing from his seat. He stretches his arms over his head, and yawns slightly. "Well, gotta get that document from the printer..." He announces, before leaving the room, and heading to the place where all the documents went when they were printed. It was on the first floor of the building, and in a room set to the side. As he walked down the stairs (the elevator was broken at that moment) Naru's head began to hurt again. He pauses, and winces as the pain intensifies. He almost falls down the steps from how painful it was.

Karou continued to play with the kittens on the floor, wondering why it was taking Naru so long. He mentally shrugged and watched as Mai came back into the room. pointedly ignoring them. Karou giggled quietly to himself, shaking hi head.

Naru struggles to regain himself, and some how manages to make it to the bottom of the steps. But once there, he collapses, falling in a heap at the bottom step, and passing out cold, a flush on his cheeks, and his breathing was slightly ragged. He looked in pain, as a slight grimace was upon his lips.

Up in the office, Lin frowns. It shouldn't take that long for someone to get something from the printers, even if they DID have to take the steps. He gazes towards the door, and sighs, before looking at Karou. "Karou. You should go and see what Naru is up to. The elevator isn't working, so you have to take the stairs..." He hoped nothing had happened.

Karou nodded and hopped up, happy to be of use. He walked out of the main room and headed for the stairs. When he arrived he gasped, rushing over to Naru. He knelt down and saw that the man was unconscious. He leaped up and raced back to the room, almost falling a few times. He burst into the office, babbling that Naru was unconscious at the foot of the stairs.

When Karou came back, Lin looks up when the boy continued to babble on about how Naru was unconscious at the bottom of the stairs. Without saying a word, Lin jumps up from his seat, and rushes out of the room, and then down the stairs. Sure enough, Naru was there, collapsed on the floor. Lin kneels next to the boy, and turns him on his back, noticing the flush upon Naru's cheeks, and Lin frowns. Placing a hand upon Naru's forehead, he could feel the heat rising from Naru's skin before his hand even touched Naru's forehead. "He's such a fool!" Lin mutters, before picking the boy up, and sighing slightly. He carries Naru back to the office, where Mai and Karou were waiting. "You two are dismissed. Naru needs to go home and get rest."

Mai had a worried look on her face as she and Karou nodded and gathered their things. They walked home slowly, both silent. All Karou could think about was Naru and hoping that he was okay. They reached home and Mai went to her room, leaving Karou alone. He sighed and flopped down on the couch, sighing as he stared up at the ceiling.

Lin got Naru home safely, and put him in his bed, sighing as he stared at Naru's sleeping face. He really was a fool. Lin places a cool rag upon Naru's forehead, to cool him down slightly from the fever. When he was sure the boy was situated, he would go to another room, one that had been set aside for him, recently Lin had moved into Naru's house, so they could talk about cases and things like that. And so that Lin could take care of Naru when things like this happened. Once again the Chinese man sighs, sitting back on the chair he was lounging in, and stares up at the ceiling, before dozing off to sleep.

After about two hours, Naru wakes up, struggling to sit up in his bed, and noticing that his clothes had been changed, and he was now wearing his pajamas. He frowns, taking the cloth off of his forehead and placing it on the side table by the bed. Why was he at home and not at work? He struggles to remember what he had been doing, but it hurt to think too hard, and he gives up for now. Instead, he gets up from the bed, shaking slightly as his legs felt like jelly. Once he was steady on his feet, he leaves his room, after changing back into regular clothes. 'What is going on?' He thinks to himself, before flipping open his cellphone and dialing Mai and Karou's home number.

Karou heard the phone ring dimly from his place, dozing on the couch. But by the time he had wakened enough to actually sit up Mai was coming out of her bedroom to answer. She picked up the phone, a small frown on her face. "Hello?"

"Hi, this is Kazuya. Is there some reason why I'm not at work right now?" He asks softly, wondering if somehow what he actually did remember was just a dream. He felt so confused, not sure what was going on at all. "Oh, can I talk to Karou? I need to ask him something..."

Mai blinked. "You're not at work right now because Karou found you collapsed at the floor of the stairs, running a high fever. So Lin took you home. And alright, let me go get him." She then took the phone to her brother, who gave her a confused look before taking it. "Hello?" He asked as Mai went back into her bedroom.

Naru frowns, listening to what Mai tells him, that couldn't be true...could it? He sighs, and waits for Mai to put Karou on the phone. Once she had, Naru smiles despite himself, after hearing Karou's voice through the phone. "Is what Mai said true? Did you really find me at the floor of the stairs collapsed? If so, that's twice now you've helped me. I feel I owe you something..." He laughs softly, and sits down on the edge of his bed. He frowns at the thought of Lin taking him back home, but he lets it go. He knew how protective of him that Lin was...

Karou blinked when he heard Naru's voice. "Yeah I did. Are you alright? You should be in bed." He scolded gently. His cheeks tinted pink and he was grateful the man couldn't see him blushing. "O-Oh no, you don't owe me anything Naru. I'm just happy that you're alright." He said.

"No, I feel like I should do at least a little something...I know, I'll take you out to eat! How does that sound?" He says, smiling. He didn't even really think about how that sounded, but after a few moments, he face palms himself, now realizing how that had sounded as if he was asking Karou out on a date. "If you don't want to, that's fine. As for what I'm doing out of bed, I'm hungry, so am about to get something to eat. I just called to check a few things..."

Karou felt butterflies erupt in his stomach. Was...Was Naru asking him out on a date? Don't be ridiculous! He probably doesn't even like guys, let alone you. A voice scolded him mentally and he refrained from sighing. "I would love too." He said with a smile. "But what about you? Will you be ok?" He asked with worry.

"Heh, I'll be fine. Alright, so...how does Friday evening at around 6:30 sound? It gives us about a few days to get things scheduled, you know? And don't worry about where we're going, that's going to be a surprise." He smiles, and could literally hear the nervousness in Karou's voice. "Well, I better get going. I need to get something to eat, or I might pass out again. Good-bye, see you later." He hangs up, and then heads to the kitchen, making himself a sandwich, a small smile upon his lips.