Case File Number 0: Of Ghosts and Love (With ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~)

XxMissxPhantomhivexX

"Mai, why do I have to go to your job with you?"

Karou whined slightly as he was practically dragged down the street by his younger sister. The slightly taller girl looked back at her brother and scowled.

"Because the last time I left you home alone you almost burnt the house down!"

Karou blushed bright red at the reminder of failed attempt at cooking.

"It was one time! I didn't mean accidentally knock the kitchen towel into the flame. And beside, the fire was put out before the kitchen could totally burn." He said somewhat defensively. Mai just shook her head and continued to tug him down the street.

"And that's exactly why you're coming with me!"

The short boy groaned as Mai drug him into a building.

"Hi Naru!" She called, her brother finally stumbling to a stop beside her as she stopped dragging him. He yanked his hand out of her grip, shooting her a scowl.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XxMissxPhantomhivexX

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

Kazuya Shibuya, or Naru, was sitting in his office, his feet up on his desk, looking at a pile of papers that were sitting in his lap. It looked like a sort of file. Koujo Lin was there as well, standing by the window, and looking outside, but when Mai arrives his turns around, to see that she wasn't alone. Naru didn't care however, and only frowns at her. "You're late!" He says, sounding annoyed and a little stuck up, taking his feet off his desk. "Sorry, but I had to drag my brother here along with me! Last time I left him at home he almost burned the house down!!"

Naru looks at the short boy who was standing by Mai, an annoyed look on his face. "I didn't know you had a brother..." He frowns, an sighs. "Not that it matters. We got another case, so be ready to leave in about ten minutes. Come on Lin, let's go." He tosses the case file at Mai, before leaving the room, the tall man flanking Naru as they leave. He nods to Mai, and then they were gone. They had to get things ready for the case, like putting all the equipment into the van and such.

"Case..? Does...Does this mean I'm going with you?" His sister only smiles. Karou frantically shook his head as he backed away. "Mai no! You know how easily scared I am!" His sister just shrugs. "I can't leave you at home so you're coming with me if I have to hog tie you and toss you in the back of the van! Now, come and help me load the equipment."

Karou followed, muttering to himself as he helped Mai place all the equipment into the back of the van. He hated ghosts. Mostly because he was so easily scared. His sister knew this and still she was making him go! The small boy scowled, fighting the urge to cross his arms over his chest and huff.

Naru and Lin had about half the equipment already piled into the back of the van by the time Mai and his brother showed up, and when they do Naru starts telling them to put things away. "Come on, we don't have all day!" He says, setting some computer monitors on a shelf. "By the way, you've yet to tell me your brother's name...if I don't know his name, he can't come." He smirks, and continues to pack things away. Once they were done, he closes the van doors, and looks at Mai. "We're all set. Come on, time to go."

Karou got a hopeful look in his eyes but then it quickly faded when Mai spoke. "His name is Karou." Karou scowled at her and she smiled sweetly before yanking him inside the van, her brother letting out a yelp of protest as he was hauled in.

Lin gets into the drivers seat, and Naru sits in the passenger seat, while Mai and Karou were squeezed in the back. He looks up at the mirror, so he could see the two in the back, and smirks at the annoyed look upon Karou's face. For that small moment, he could have sworn the kid had been hoping Mai wouldn't tell Naru his name. That very thought made him chuckle. "So, Mai, did you read the file yet?" He asks, focusing on the road ahead of them. They were heading towards a old abandoned building, that everyone was calling haunted. Naru guessed that most likely it was like one of the others that they had once, with the shifting ground and everything, because this particular building was built on old soil.

Mai had been snickering quietly at her brother, who had is arms crossed over his chest and was glaring out the window with a small pout on his face. She turned to look over at Naru when he spoke then shook her head. "No, because as soon as you handed it to me you were giving orders to get the equipment loaded and I didn't have a chance." She said, opening said file now and looking down at its contents. Despite himself, Karou leaned over to read over his sister's shoulder.

"Do I hear complaining? Hm, I don't like the sound of that..." He smirks, before glancing back at them again, noticing that Mai's brother was reading the case file over her shoulder. This is what the case says:

Case No: 1342001

Client Name: Ms. Shibuya Nakitoma

Date and Time of Acceptance/Case Open: September 19th, 10:45 am

Place in Question: Shikagumi Hospice House

Detail about case: Creaking noises, sudden drops in temperature, inanimate objects moving slightly, glass breaking

Thesis: Probably just the ground shifting, as it's an old site. The hospice is old as well, dating back over eighty years, so it's falling apart. This is most likely not a haunting, but might as well look into it.

End Data:

Date Closed:

Case Conclusion:

The End Data, date closed, and case conclusion were left blank. Once he was sure Mai had read it all, he glances back again. "So, Mai. Tell me what you think."

Mai quickly read over the information before glancing up at her boss. "Shibuya...Hey Naru, isn't that your last name?" The girl asked curiously as she closed the file. Karou sat back in his seat, thinking about the information he had just read. He really, really hoped it wasn't a real haunting and was like the Thesis had stated and was problems with the building and its structure.

- - - Updated - - -

(That's Naru's lats name. xD Did you mean to do that?)

Naru sighs, she just had to be dumb didn't she? "Yes, that's my last name. Now, if you don't mind, tell me what you think of the case not of the last name written on the file." They were about halfway there, and still had time before it was dark, and setting things up wouldn't take that long. "What about you Karou? What do you think?" He asks, looking back at them. Even though Karou wasn't really working for him, he might as well do something useful now and then while he was there right?

(Yes, I did. I'm making this person his great-aunt or something like that)

"There's no point in asking him, he stays away from everything paranormal because it scares him so easily." Karou whipped his head around to stare at his sister and opened his mouth to retort back but she interrupted him. "anyway, if you think it's because of the house being old, how do you explain the sudden drop in the temperature?" She inquired.

- - - Updated - - -

(alright ^^ This should be interesting xD)

"Easy. Old houses have lots of drafts, and they don't move at the same time, but more like in copious amounts, rushing around and making rooms that were warm seconds earlier cold. That and it's at night, so it tends to be even colder. And I don't care if he doesn't usually, I'm interested in what your brother has to say." She was about to retort, but he waves his hand. "Uh-uh-uh! Don't interrupt. Now, Karou. Your thoughts?" Despite the shy and little kiddish look, Naru could sense this kid was intelligent.

Karou looked a little uneasy about being addressed and he shifted slightly in his seat. He never really liked to be put on the spot, which was why Mai always did all the talking. "W-Well, It's possible it isn't a haunting. Like you said, the house is old and would be drafty. The things moving could be based on the fact that the house might be settling, as well as glass breaking. Also, if there are rumors going around that it's haunted then one staying there would expect things to happen. They would take natural happenings and think it's paranormal. Its psychological." Karou said quietly, shifting nervously again.

Naru smiles as he listens to the boy talk. He had been right thinking Karou was intelligent. Now if only Mai was that smart... He laughs to himself, before turning to face them. "Maybe I should replace you with your brother Mai! I didn't know you could be related to someone so intelligent!" He laughs again, before facing the front again. "We're there." Lin says in a gruff voice, and parks in front of a dilapidated old building. "Alright, let's get the equipment out, and set everything up, and then we can take a look around while there is still some day light. Mai, you help Lin carry things in. I need to talk to Ms. Nakitoma. Karou, you can either help you sister and Lin, or come with me. It's up to you." Whether or not Karou joined him, he didn't care, but left to find his client. He hadn't said, but Nakitoma was actually his great aunt.

She was waiting under a tree set by the side of the building, sitting on a old wooden park bench. "Ah, Kazuya! You came!" She stands up, a small smile on her lips. "But of course. Why wouldn't I?" He smiles a little, he had always favored his aunt above any of his other relatives. If Karou came with, the woman would ask who he was, smiling at him.

Karou and his sister climbed out of the car, Mai going to help Lin. Karou glanced at them then at Naru's retreating back. He bit his lip. His curiosity had always been his downfall so he turned and trotted after Naru. He saw him standing under a tree with a women, presumptively the client. Karou hesitantly approached, giving the women a shy smile.

"Hmm...a shy one. How sweet. I'm Nakitoma Shibuya." She smiles at him, and then Naru clears his throat. "Ah, sorry sweet heart. Anyways, I'm glad you could make it. I was worried you wouldn't be able to." Naru smiles again, and shakes his head, waving his hand as if to dismiss her thanks. "It's nothing. After all, you're family." He motions for Nakitoma to sit down, and she does, but Naru continues to stand. "Has anything changed since we last talked?" He asks, and she shakes her head. "No, everything has been the same. I was hoping to get this place fixed up so it could be used again and-" "I don't think that'll work" Naru cuts in. "Why not?" She asks, looking confused. "To put it plainly, this place is old. And dangerous. It's not safe, and I don't want you to come here anymore. Okay?" He sounded harsh, but he was doing this for her protection.

Karou stood there awkwardly, having already figured out that this women was related to Naru in some way. He turned his gaze up towards the house. Naru was right, it was very old. Karou grew concerned for the women and understood Naru's harshness; he just wanted to protect her.

(Do you have a picture of the house? If not that's ok. ^^)

She sighs, and nods. "Alright, fine. Well, good luck in finding out what's wrong." She hugs Naru quickly, before leaving. She waves at Karou as she passes, and was soon gone. Naru shakes his head, watching as his aunt left. "Well, might as well go check on the others, see if they're done getting things inside. Then if they are we can set things up, and get ready for tonight." He heads to the house, motioning for Karou to follow.

old+house+photo.jpg

Karou waved back before he turned to Naru. He nodded and trotted after Naru, towards the house. He entered, looking around. It certainly had a slightly creepy air to it...He mentally shook his head. You heard it could possibly be haunted, though highly unlikely. You expect it to be creepy and so that's what you're telling yourself it is. So stop it! He mentally scolded himself as he hurried after Naru.

Naru quickly finds the others, and saw that they had indeed brought everything inside. They were in a cleared out room, the only things inside beside the equipment being a table, a few chairs, and a trashcan that was empty. "Alright, let's get this all set up." He walks over to one of the many computer monitors, and turns it on, doing this to every single one so that six tiny blue screens were glowing. A lap top was set in front, that collected data from each of the monitors, as well as some of the other equipment.

"Okay, we need to set up the cameras to each of these in different rooms. Karou, come with me." He takes three of the cameras, and motions for Karou to take the other three. First they go to what looked to be the living room, and Karou sets the camera near the door, flipping the on switch. Next came a bedroom, then the kitchen, a study, one in the attic and the last in the main hallway. He also sets mics up for each one, and puts extras near where he was sure the drafts were coming from. "Alright, time to go back." Right as he says this, a creaking sound could be heard, it was long and low, like wood creaking.

Karou grabbed the camera's and followed after the other male. He followed Naru's instructions and placed the camera's where he was told. They soon finished with all the camera's and Naru announced it was time to go back they both heard a creaking sound. Karou frowned and poked his head out the door. Was Mai or Lin out there?

The sound stops, and then Naru blinks when he feels something brushing against his leg. 'Mew!!' A fluffy black and white kitten was rubbing against his ankles. Most likely this was what they had heard. He chuckles softly, and leans down, picking up the tiny cat and looking at it at arms length, the kitten looking back at Naru with big blue eyes. 'Mew?' Naru laughs again, and then holds the kitten against his chest, before starting once again to head back to the main room where Mai and Lin were. Lin and Mai look up at the same time, Lin not saying anything as he sees the tiny fur ball in Naru's arms, but Mai pipes up, asking why he had a cat. "It was in the house, so I brought it down here, just in case."

Karou smiled at the tiny kitten and followed Naru back to where the base had been set up. "Do you think the cat belongs to that women?" The boy asked Naru, brushing his bangs out of his face and he gazed up at the other male with a curious expression.

Naru nods at Karou's question. "Yeah, this is Yin-yin. It's a stray cat she found and just started taking care of it. It's brother should be around somewhere. His name is Yang-yang." A small black collar was around it's neck, with a tag that looked like the Yin and Yang symbol on it. The name Yin-yin was etched in silver on the tag. 'Mew!' The kitten begins to purr as Naru scratches her chin softly with the tip of his finger. Mai stares at Naru, she never remembered in all the time she had seen him, him being so gentle. "Are you feeling okay Naru?" She asks, raising her eyebrows. "Yes. Why wouldn't I be?" "Because you're being too nice that's why..."

Karou, having not known Naru for long enough yet, gave his sister a confused look. He was distracted however by a mew and the feeling of something rubbing against his leg. He looked down, seeing a kitten identical to the one in Naru's arms. Karou smiled and bent down, picking the kitten. "You must Yang-Yang." Karou cooed, rubbing his nose against the kittens before holding him against his chest and scratching beyond the kittens ears. Soon the little thing was purring, Karou smiling down at it softly.