Crime of Passion (3ruri + BunBunTheCatSnake) [18+]

BunBunTheCatSnake

"That is awesome!" Griffin replied at the mention of Monet. "Isn't that an artist? Are you the artistic type? That's why you like that name?" He asked over and over. Griffin felt it was so easy to talk to Noel and his expressions were always so pure and cute. His shyness was apparent when he kept rubbing the back of his neck. Griffin wondered if Noel was nervous with him or he was just nervous towards people in general. "Do you know what's the meaning of that name? My name meant 'prince' in Welsh, apart from the common knowledge that 'Griffin' is from the mythical beast 'gryphon'. But in Irish, mind you, this is the reason why my da chose this name, it meant 'dangerous person'." Griffin scoffed at the mention of his father's obsession of everything Irish. "And you wonder why they worry with me being on the force. They should be thankful I dont end up being a criminal." 

Griffin felt bad that Noel couldn't keep a dog because of his mother's allergies. He can't imagine not having dogs, being raised around them. "We have a lot at my parents house, on top of other animals," Griffin replied. It was really a big farmhouse with acres of land, or it could also be considered a ranch since there were also some horses. "But since I have unspecific schedule, I have only one at my place. He's a Border Collie. I wanted to bring my cats over as well, but they're old and needed more attention. They're better back at my parents' than with me." He smiled fondly at the thought of his pets. "My dog's name is Fury. You'll love him." Griffin grinned. Then, another thought crossed his mind. "Why don't you come over sometime and we can take Fury to a dog park? A non-date date." He wiggled his eyebrows. Oh, you're a genius, Griff! 

Edited by 3ruri

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BunBunTheCatSnake

• 3ruri

"I do love art, yes." Noel admitted with a bit of a blush. He painted a bit in his free time as well, though he didn't really think it would go anywhere. "Though I really fell in love with the name as a child. It isn't some sentimental story though; I just heard the name one day, and fell in love with it." Noel explained with a soft shrug. Though he did love Monet's art, and even had one of his pictures as the background on his phone. Noel listened as Griffin explained the meaning of his name, a smile crossing his face when he said it meant dangerous person. Noel didn't truly see Griffin as a dangerous person, though seeing how he took down the robber he surly didn't want to be caught in a fist fight with him.  Though Noel couldn't help but think that the name fit Griffin. "I suppose you could be the leader of a drug cartel, but instead you're the one taking them down." Noel smiled at Griffin, before his eyes fell down on to the table. "But Monet means 'to be heard.' Nothing to special, though it does roll off of the tongue."

Noel's eyes lit up when Griffin talked about his dog. He wanted to meet Fury an embarrassing amount. When Griffin mentioned taking the dog to the park, Noel couldn't help but smile. "That sounds lovely!" Noel said as he tucked a piece of hair behind his ear. "Though you should know, I'm probably going to steal your dogs affection away from you. I don't play around in the art of getting animals to love me." Noel joked, before he looked at his phone. His heart skipped a beat, when he realized he was seven minutes late coming back. "Oh shit," He cussed as he got up, and quickly put his phone into his pocket and grabbed the bouquet gently. "I'm late," Noel said with a bit of a laugh. He looked down at Griffin and smiled. "I'll see you tonight! Text me the details."

It had been ages since Noel had gotten into a conversation with someone, other than a few close friends and family. It was actually... nice. Noel turned to leave, but stopped for just a second before he turned back to Griffin. "Thank you you for spending my lunch with me. It was actually nice." Noel looked down, before he looked back at Griffin. "Let's do this again sometime. You do get free coffee when I'm here."

Griffin could listen to Noel's voice all day and never gets bored. He loved how lovely Noel's smile was and that was when he realized that he was already so smitten with the younger omega.  "Who needs drug when they have you," Griffin mumbled to himself. He was captivated, not just with Noel's appearance, but his little actions when he talked, moved, even the sound of his voice. Griffin had never been so infatuated with anyone like he did toward Noel before. It was always fun and games, but with this omega, he was hoping to know more.

The alpha was a little upset when Noel said he had to return to work. "I can't wait to see you tonight!" He managed to call back before Noel disappeared into the cafe and returned to his work. Once Noel was inside, he air-pumped his fist, knowing that Noel had agreed to go out with him again even before they had their first date. Noel said it wasn't a date, but Griffin wanted it to be. He was going to make sweep Noel off his feet, literally and figuratively. Fury was a cool dog, so Griffin knew he had the upper hand. But first thing first, plan for their first evet not-date.

-------------------------------------------

"I'm leaving my place now. See you in twenty." Griffin texted Noel as he got into his SUV. Earlier, he had texted the omega the address to a very nice eatery that served Mexican food. He'd been there many time and they have a variety of food and not just the usual burrito or tacos. Hopefully Noel didn't mind a different kind of cuisine other than French.

Victor never stayed long when he came over, and this was no exception. He stayed for about an hour to check to see if Noel was alright, and then went home. For some reason though, Noel didn't tell his brother about his evening plans with Griffin. His brother would have panicked if Noel was going to be alone with an alpha, despite the fact that for whatever reason the omega trusted the man. His trust could have been attributed to the fact that Griffin had quite literally saved his life, but after speaking with him today Noel found that the means to hurt a fly, but only if they were doing a hostage takeover or something.

The second Victor left, Noel looked through his clothes for appropriate attire. His wardrobe mainly consisted soft colored sweaters that were much too large for him, and pinstriped pants that seemed to hug his lower frame. After a few minutes of deciding, he chose a dress shirt that he threw a large green sweater over and pulled the collar through so it sat at the neck of it, and a pair of brown and white pin striped pants. He didn't bother doing anything with his hair other than brushing through it. It was just a nice evening out with an acquaintance, so he didn't have to get too fancy.

His phone buzzed softly, which made Noel read it. He smiled a bit when he read the text, and immediately texted the man back. Drive safe! I'll head out now! :). As Noel texted Griffin back, he slipped on his pair of brown vans and blindly shoved his wallet into his pocket. The second he clicked send, he grabbed his keys and left his studio.

__

It only took him about fifteen minutes to get to the restaurant and find parking. He stood in front of the restaurant, the smell of the food making his mouth water. He didn't see Griffin just yet, so he leaned against the nearest wall as he waited for the alpha to arrive.

Griffin spotted a very cute omega in green sweater and knew it was Noel. He was from inside the restaurant, having used their bathroom when he arrived two minutes earlier. He walked up behind Noel and gently blew the hair on the blondie's neck. "You look good enough to eat," Griffin whispered just so only Noel could hear him. He looked forward to see the petite man to blush like he did the few times earlier today. Since Noel's skin was fair, the blush looked good on him. It made Griffin want to kiss the apples of his cheek. Don't scare him off, Griff. Take your time. He advised himself.

The alpha turned to the server at the waiter station and told her he had made a reservation for two. They were directed to a booth further inside of the restaurant, which Griffin had requested because it gave them a little bit more privacy. "What do you think of Mexican food" Griffin asked his 'not-date'. "I should have asked earlier, but you said you'd eat mostly anything, so I immediately thought of this place. Do you eat spicy food?" His omega father was a good food, and he always tried new recipes which led to Griffin enjoying a variety of food. His alpha father and older brother are more of steaks and potatoes man, but they'll eat anything tad cooks. 

The waitress came over to bring them the menu. "What can I get you for drinks?" she asked. 

"I'd like the lime mojito, but with no alcohol, please," Griffin said. Though he was off duty, he was still on call. There were a few incidents where he was called out to a scene. So, it was more safe to keep away from alcohol even though his tolerance level was quite high, being half-Irish and all. "Anything interests you?" He turned to Noel, wondering what kind of drinks he would prefer.

The question about whether or not Noel liked Mexican mood made Noel smile, "Mexican food is one of my favorites." Noel said honestly, as he sat down across from Griffin. "And spicy food? I live for it." Noel was the only person in his family who enjoyed spicy food; everyone couldn't even handle an ounce of spice, but for whatever reason Noel loved it. "How about you? Can you handle spice?" Noel asked as he rested his head on his hand, and just looked at the alpha. He really was handsome. Noel averted his eyes, trying to shove the thought deep into his mind. Griffin was just going to be a friend, nothing more, nothing less. Noel didn't date alphas, and he was going to keep it that way.

When the waitress came to the table, Noel looked up at her. He looked over at the cocktail menu as Griffin spoke, a little surprised that he opted for a non-alcoholic drink. Noel however, was not. "Can I get a Long Island Iced Tea please?" Noel asked with a soft smile, before he closed the menu. "Thank you," He told the waitress sweetly, before he looked over at Griffin. He had no idea what to talk about. This all seemed... date-ish, so his brain was reeling with first date-like questions. Was he just over thinking the whole thing?

"So how is your dog?" Noel asked as he opened the food menu, peering up at Griffin for just a second before his eyes fell. "You'll have to show me pictures or something soon. I'm always down for a good dog picture."

"Oh, I love spicy," Griffin grinned widely as he answered. "Mexican food, Indian food, Southeast Asian food...basically anything that has chili is my favorite. One time, my tad found a green mango salad recipe on the internet that uses birds-eye chili...da and Dillon had to dunk their faces in ice water bath. Tad felt so bad after that that he cooked bland food for the whole week without using any spices. Since then, birds-eye chilis are banned in our house. Sometimes I sneaked in Thai food takeout for tad when I went home for a visit. That's why I'm his favorite." Griffin ended the story feeling proud of himself. "Do you cook?" Griffin asked Noel another question. He knew a lot of omegas who cooked, but he also knew a number of them who didn't as well. Griffin knew how to cook, but nothing that would make him want to start a cooking channel on social media like how many people seemed to be doing a lot these days. 

"To be honest, a beer would go well with my meal, but I'm on call this week, so I shouldn't be drinking," he explained to Noel voluntarily. "Alcohol in moderation doesn't affect me, but I like to stay sober when I'm on the clock. Keeps me sharper. I don't want to make a bad judgement in a grave situation," he looked up at Noel and put his hand on the table, moving it closer to Noel's so that it could almost touch him. "I would hate it if a certain omega that caught my eyes got hurt because I'm not a hundred-percent focused on the task." The alpha thought he should just say it outright that he was interested in Noel, rather than beating around the bush. He wanted Noel to know his intentions right from the start.

Griffin took his phone out and swiped around to find his photo app. "My job-talk must bore you to death. Here's my doggo," he placed his phone on the table and slid it closer to the blondie. "He was begging to come with me earlier, but I told him I'd introduce the two of you the next time we go to the dog park. Don't be fooled by his macho bullshit in the pictures. He likes to look badass, but a gooey marshmallow on the inside." Griffin wondered if he had just described himself to Noel, but so far he had shown his goofy side to the omega, so there goes his badass card. "Fury's a red merle Border Collie. He's three years old. Pretty young and too energetic." Talking about dogs was like talking about his family. Griffin could go on forever.

Thankfully, the waitress returned with their drinks while Griffin showed more of Fury's pictures on his phone. "Are you ready to order, gentlemen?" She asked politely. 

Spoiler

all_border_collie_colors_patterns_combin

If Noel was being honest, he loved that he had such a close relationship with his family. He spoke so fondly of them, and it made his heart warm with understanding. Having a great relationship with ones family was a luxury few in the world experienced, and Noel was very aware of this. His mother moved the family an entire continent away to get away from her family, and both of his parents made sure not to make the same mistakes as they did. The thought about his grandparents made his stomach churn with the thought of them. They had put his family through hell, and it only got worst when Noel presented as an omega. 

The question about his cooking ability snapped Noel out of his thoughts, a sheepish smile crossing his lips. Noel blushed a bit before he rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm a horrid cook unfortunately." He never had much luck for cooking, and couldn't go to even understand how people made it look so easy. It was something he would never understand, and he was okay with that. Noel was just about to ask if Griffin cooked or not, but he had beat him to the punch by changing the subject. He figured he would find out eventually.

It made sense as to why Griffin wasn't drinking. He would do the same thing if he was in a similar position. Noel's eyes looked over at Griffin's hands as they slid across the table, before they snapped back up towards the alpha. He blushed at his next words, his hands sliding off of the table and into his lap as he looked down at his hands. "M-makes sense," Noel stuttered, his amber brown eyes peeking over his long thick eyelashes before looking back into his lap. 

The mention of Fury made Noel's flash back up, as he leaned a bit forward to the the dog. He was honestly one of the most gorgeous dogs he had ever seen. Noel smiled as Griffin talked about his dog, his hands moving onto the table once more as he listened to the man gushing about his dog. What Noel found interesting however, was how Griffin had described Fury. Owner like dog, Noel thought to himself as he let his cheek rest against his fist. "I can't wait to meet him," Noel said honestly. 

When the waitress showed up with the drinks, Noel thanked her before he immediately took a sip of the cocktail. This was one of his favorites. He looked at Griffin, before looking back at the waitress. "Can I get a chille relleno, please?" Noel asked politely, before he looked back at Griffin. 

"I don't think cooking is a must these days, since there are so many good places to eat. But you work in a cafe, at least you make good coffee," Griffin remarked after Noel told him about his lack of cooking skill. "But if you ever want to try cooking, my tad always love taking new students. He's a vet by trade, but since he loved feeding us wolves - that's what he calls us alphas - tad cook a lot and he enjoys it too." He learned how to cook from his omega father, so Griffin knew how he enjoyed being the kitchen, especially with his children. Probably that's why Griffin was chatty, because his tad talked non-stop when they're helping in the kitchen. Which explained why his older brother was the silent type, because Dillon mostly stuck by their alpha father. 

Griffin was a proud pup-daddy. He got a lot of attention when he took Fury to the park with him. "That can be soon," he told Noel. "When are you free next? Why don't you come by my place and we can walk Fury to the dog park." He suggested. Griffin genuinely look forward to spend more time with Noel even though their not-date was ongoing. "I have to tell you, Fury likes to jump on people. And he probably weighs more than half of you. He's also a lady killer, but I got him neutered a long time ago. He still holds a grudge against me for that." Griffin chuckled remembering that his dog could be a drama queen sometimes.

He set aside his drink when the waitress brought it to them. "Can I have the tamales and chile verde con carne, please?" He said after Noel had gave him his order. The waitress asked if they wanted dessert, but Griffin told her they will decide later. After the girl left, Griffin smiled at Noel. "I know, I eat a lot," he grinned, showing his teeth. "There's a reason why my tad calls us wolves. We eat a lot, loves meat and we're rambunctious. We're worse than the dogs my da breeds." Griffin set his keen eyes as he told Noel about him and the alphas in his family, wanting to see whether he would be put off by too many alphas. 

"Who are you closest to in your family?" Griffin asked next. "Technically, I'm closest to my twin, but I'm really my tad's boy. I think Dillon is more of da's twin than his son. They look really similar, and they have the same tastes, it's almost a little weird." Griffin cringed. "Anyone weird in your family?" He asked with mirth in his voice

Edited by 3ruri