Obligations Go Awry (3ruri x Akiravadel)

akiravadel

Coming from a large family Jack knew he did NOT want six like his own family. Yes to one, two he could be convinced into but after his family he was good. He didn't need half Irish alphas running around to give him a hard time to add tot he rest of his family. When they had the suppressants they gave Jack a little stomach ache the Doctor told them that might happen so for the first day he didn't really eat much. When the couple days passed he felt much better and back to normal, with his heat at bay. His family was set to arrive over the next couple of days his eldest sister was going to be there soon which he was glad she was coming over earlier than the rest. 

Jack finished his last bite and hummed softly thinking about it. Being trained to cook made him a bit of a food snob sometimes so he mulled over the tastes then smiled at Cade, "I tink that's a good choice. It's good and not too sweet, plus it'll make a nice mess when I feed it to ya." He winked at his future mate with a smile. "Funny ting is I'm not a big fan of chocolate. I like it with vanilla ice cream but that much chocolate is almost too tangy for me. The salted caramel is also really good. I like how they layered it, but the lemon cheese is my favorite."

"It's only because yer so cheesy," an alpha female came through the door with long brown hair and bright blue eyes like Jack. She looked like a more feminine yet stronger version of him. 

"Susan!" Jack jumped up to rush across the room hugging her close. She was a good 6 inches taller than him too. She pulled him into a bear hug rubbing her hand over his back. "I missed you!"

"I missed ya too Jackie," Susan smiled then pulled back glancing at Cade to look back to her brother. "Whose yer friend? Is this him?" Instead of greeting the alpha she let her brother lead which wasn't a gesture many alpha's would allow. It looked like Jack sister really cared about him. 

"Cade this is Susan my oldest sister. Susan this is the man, the myth, the legend, my mate to be and deals with allllll my crazies, Cade," Jack brought her over as he giggled softly at his little joke. 

Susan stood a little taller when she reached Cade and held her hand out, "thank you for takin' care of little Jackie here. I know he can be a handful." 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akiravadel

• 3ruri

Cade wasn't a big fan of chocolate cakes too, but he thought that was the safest choice for the guests, so he didn't mind. Besides, the most he would eat the cake during the wedding would be the time Jack fed him. So the cakes were not really a problem wince they both agreed to it. He would let Merrick know that that was one thing to cross out of his list. 

It seemed that Jack's family member had arrived earlier than Jack told him they would. Cade didn't mind at all. So far he hadn't met any of them. When he signed the contract to get Jack, it was done through a proxy. So meeting his sister for the first time was something that the alpha looked forward to. From Jack's reaction, he and his older sister was quite close. It wasn't so surprising since she was an alpha and hia mate was an omega. Normally alpha siblings were very protective of their omega siblings, unless they were brought up not to do that. 

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Susan. Cade Ambrose. I'm not sure which one of us is more crazy because your brother is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He's got his hand full of one very possessive alpha. Please call me Cade." The male alpha introduced himself. From the way Susan looked, Cade assumed that she was some years younger than him. That was a given since Cade was already in his thirties while his mate was only nineteen. His sister would be somewhere in her twenties. "Since that you're here, would you like to join us tasting the cakes? The preparation are mostly done, but I wanted Jackie to have some parts in it as well," he said, shooting a smile at his adorable mate.

"Sorry I came a day early, I wanted ta meet ya before our mum and dad got here," Susan grinned looking over at Jack then back to Cade. "Jeremy said he was going to show me to my quarters and around the mansion. That way I dun interrupt your wedding planning." She wanted to catch him off guard basically to see what he was doing with her little brother.

Ruffling Jack's hair she made him pout and reach up to fix it with a little whine, "Susan! Muh hair..." He grumbled running his fingers through his hair trying to fix it. 

"They mentioned you guys were picking things out but I just had the barge in," Susan smiled to Cade not sensing any anger from him which was good. She really had no control over where Jack went so she wanted to make sure he was in a good spot in case she needed to go alpha and protect him. "I'll head back but I'll meet'cha for some supper later. Tomorrow the real chaos begins and you'll need some help filterin'."

Jack smiled up at his mate glad to see his sister there but also glad she was there to help, "thanks... and yeah thanks fer helping." He smiled to his sister but was also glad she was giving them a little more time to themselves. Well kind of by themselves, they were having to go through the last few things for the wedding. 

"I don't mind at all. I think Cade could use someone familiar around him while we're planning." Cade was slightly concerned that Jack might have been okay with everything because he was afraid to say his piece, but knowing Jack, his mate was quiet outspoken himself even without Susan around. But seeing how happy Jack was to see his sister, Cade didn't mind if they wanted to keep each other company for a while. After all, as soon as the they marry, Jack will be solely Cade's. Of course, the McLoughlins are welcomed to visit, but there would be so many things to do as newlyweds, it might take a longer time before they could entertain guests.

"If you're not to tired, maybe you would like to join us this late afternoon for a little rowing at the lake." Cade extended his invitation to his future sister-in-law. Since Cade and jack weren't having a stag party, Liam had suggested that they do some activities together. The lake behind the mansion was a good spot for rowing. It would be another way to take Jack sight-seeing around the mansion. "My best friend who is also my best man will be there as well, and my personal assistant. You'd be a pleasant addition to our little trip. Maybe Jack will rock the boat and we'll capsize together. That would be an unforgettable bonding time," Cade teased his future mate. The lake wasn't so deep and it has beautiful clear water. Cade had taken a swim once in a while during his youth.

"Oh if you're rowing, I'm not about that life," Susan chuckled and shook her head. She was active but not that active. "I don't even have an ounce of the amount of energy my brother had." Adjusting her purse on her shoulder she shrugged and smiled to them. Although getting to know them as part of her plan she wasn't a fan of outdoors. Maybe a weird alpha trait but she enjoyed staying inside. "I'll tag along."

Jack giggled looking up at his mate to be, "I might do that just for fun. It's nice and warm out so why not go for a little swim." Leaning his head on his mates shoulder he was getting more comfortable with how affectionate they were with each other. It was actually incredibly nice now just holding his hand and loving on one another. "Oh Liam told me he brought him a snack and he didn't see him eat it but Merrick took it from him. Were' wearing them down." 

Susan was glad to see her brother so happy, "actually Jack... can I talk ta Cade for a moment?" Jack looked up at her now worried she was going to do something. "Nothing bad just a little heart to heart alpha style." Now he was really concerned. "Please?"

Jack looked up at Cade worried, "um... is that okay?" He didn't want to just leave him there with his sister if it made him uncomfortable. 

Cade chuckled at Susan's respond on rowing. Even though she was an alpha, she was still a woman. Most woman wouldn't like getting their hands roughened from rowing. "Don't worry about the rowing. Mostly Liam and I will do the hard work. You and Jack and my PA would just have to sit back and enjoy the scenery," he said, assuring them that they had nothing to worry other than be careful not to knock the boat over. "Liam and Merrick could take a separate boat. We'll let them have their own date." Cade winked at Jack. They were having fun playing match maker to his best friend and assistant.

When Susan expressed that he wanted to speak to Cade privately, the male alpha wasn't worried at all. If Susan really cared about his younger brother, it was only natural for her to have concerns about him marrying a stranger. Cade kissed Jack softly on Jack's lips and smiled at him assuringly. "I'll be fine. Worse case scenario we'd just have a cat fight and pull each other's hairs." He tried to ease his mate's worries by joking. "Why don't you go find Merrick and ask him about Liam. I'll go look for you later." He told the younger male and urge him to get out the door. 

Once they were left alone, Cade smiled at the female alpha. "Your brother is really something, isn't he?" Cade started, wondering what Susan had been meaning to talk to him about. 

Jack was excited playing match maker after they found out what was really going on with those two. He hoped they wouldn't push too hard and make it seem more natural and just "bad luck" they were stuck together, but it would give them time to get to know one another. Jack held onto Cade's arm, maybe the heat symptoms were away but the neediness of being near him wasn't. Cade was a comfort blanket to him now  so the idea of leaving his side bothered him. Nodding his head he reluctantly let go to go find Merrick. If he had ears and a tail they would've drooped then.

Susan smiled back to Cade once they were alone, "he really is. I noticed he'd kept posting when he came to you so I was happy." She took a deep breath then sighed. "I don't know how much Jack's told ya about the family but you need to know. I'm the only one who knows about his online life. I helped him get the computer and the bank account so he could sort out that money but he runs all of it. Our parents don't even know. That brings me to another point... I can't imagine Jack's told ya much about the family."

"My mate and I basically took care of Jack when we could. Our pa is... old fashioned and speaks his mind. Ma's old fashioned to but more caring. Myself and Malcom are the two alpha children the others are beta's and then there's Jack, the youngest. He handles it well but it was a terrible life for him sometimes. I think streaming became his therapy," Susan was trying to explain so he'd understand her littlest brother better. "When I heard someone was buying him without meetin' him that terrified me. He's so naive to the world. I was relieved when I say the videos and saw how he spoke about ya. He hasn't really wrote me either since he moved in with you. I got the I don't want to bother you messages but he's no bother." The rambling ran in the family it seemed. "Just please promise me you'll take good care of him. I know you have money and that's not what I mean."  

Cade was ready for the "if you hurt my brother, I will hurt you back" speech from Susan, but he was pleasantly surprised to hear that the other alpha genuinely cared for the well being of her brother. What was more surprising was that how different Jack's family was that he had initially imagined. Of course, Cade had never given a thought to the kind of parents would sell their own child to a stranger, but it suited his purpose of finding a mate, so Cade put the thought aside. Hearing the older McLoughlin's story, Cade felt determined to keep his mate happy. 

"It was true that I agreed to taking Jack as my mate was rather hasty and I used a proxy for it," Cade explained to Susan. He felt slightly guilty for treating it so distantly in the beginning even though it involved another person's life. "But I never regretted getting Jack out of it. When we first met, it wasn't his looks or the fact that he was an omega that made me grow fond of him. We spent some time together, we talked, and everything about him just felt right. He was so lively and full of wonderful things and I wish to keep him like that." He promised himself that he would because not only Jack was his soulmate, he knew Jack was someone worth it. 

"I'm not saying I would let Jack get away with everything. He has a big responsibility once I officially introduce him as Sean Ambrose, so I'm guessing Jack would have some sacrifices to make too. I hope when that time came, Jack will have your support. He will need it." Cade didn't mention any worries about the parents because to him they were not a problem. Once they signed the contract and handed Jack over to him, they no longer have a say about how Jack lived his life.

Cade offered his hand to Susan. He looked forward to be the brother in law of such a thoughtful alpha. "Thank you for coming, Susan. Now let's not make our Jackie worry and go find him." 

Susan wasn't happy about the whole sold unseen thing. It terrified her when she found out but the moment Jack wrote her saying he was fine she calmed down. He even sent her a picture of the two of them which calmed her down more, "I was surprised when he mentioned a wedding to actually take your last name. I had to meet you now." Not that she wasn't before but an alpha willing to marry an omega was a big thing. Especially a bought one. 

Shaking his hand she nodded her head, glad to hear he wasn't going to change him. Of course marrying Cade meant he'd be actually part of his life and not some baby maker to stay at home. Even some alpha's had a wife and would buy an omega if they couldn't have children. She knew how bad it could be, "thank you." She knew the rest of the week wouldn't be so easy but she was glad this man seemed to be on the up and up. Of course she'd still worry about her little brother and want to make sure he was taken care of but so far it seemed she didn't have to worry so much. 

Susan wasn't happy about the whole sold unseen thing. It terrified her when she found out but the moment Jack wrote her saying he was fine she calmed down. He even sent her a picture of the two of them which calmed her down more, "I was surprised when he mentioned a wedding to actually take your last name. I had to meet you now." Not that she wasn't before but an alpha willing to marry an omega was a big thing. Especially a bought one. 

Shaking his hand she nodded her head, glad to hear he wasn't going to change him. Of course marrying Cade meant he'd be actually part of his life and not some baby maker to stay at home. Even some alpha's had a wife and would buy an omega if they couldn't have children. She knew how bad it could be, "thank you." She knew the rest of the week wouldn't be so easy but she was glad this man seemed to be on the up and up. Of course she'd still worry about her little brother and want to make sure he was taken care of but so far it seemed she didn't have to worry so much. 

The next couple of days went by fairly quickly. They had a nice time on the lake. Liam made sure Merrick had drinks and snacks still and even wrapped his arm around his shoulders once when he was teasing him. They had a great time picking the last details and soon it was the day before the wedding and the rest of Jack's family was late. They were supposed to arrive yesterday but it was already the afternoon before the wedding and here they were getting ready for their evening and the last changes with them not being there. 

Jack was just excited for tomorrow and to go on their honeymoon and honestly get some alone time again. Sure he liked to hang out with people but this was much more social interaction than he wanted. Telling the group he needed to check something on the computer he went to hide in his and Cade's room to recharge his mental batteries. Flopping onto the bed he kicked his shoes off then groaned into the mattress. Thankfully he uploaded videos so he didn't have to do that on top of all that stuff. He just needed a break from hearing Susan on the phone arguing with his family about showing up late, last minute changes and just the chaos of a wedding. He missed his alone time with his alpha and the heat was here but the symptoms were reduced thanks to the medication. It was making Jack a bit emotional and clingy like his heat normally would but not the same at the same time. It was causing him to be a little pouty and tired. Maybe a nap would help... or get his alpha alone so he could just smell him and have some fun stress relief. 

The wedding preparation and entertaining the arrival of guests that came from far places took a lot of time and strength from the couple. Their alone time was limited and Cade couldn't just leave Merrick and Liam to everything. The day of the wedding grew nearer and there were slight hiccups here and there. His in-laws have yet to show up and he saw Susan on the phone with them a few times. His own parents had just arrived that morning and after being introduced to Jack, they were left to their own devices. Cade was glad that he had no problems dealing with his parents, but he wanted to be supportive of his mate if jack's parents were giving him a hard time. 

Talking about his mate, he couldn't find him. He saw his mate going here and there with Merrick helping with the last minutes things and all. But he hadn't seen him in about half an hour. "Have you seen Jack?" Cade pulled Merrick to the side, asking if the assistant knew where the Irish omega went. Merrick said they were together minutes ago but didn't notice where the younger male had been. "Can you handle things here? I think I know where he went." Dealing with so many people and so many things the day before the wedding was tiring the alpha, so he could only imagine how exhausting it was for Jack. After Merrick nodded his agreement, Cade left to find his mate.

As he predicted, he found his mate in their bedroom, on their bed. Cade entered the room and closed it behind him before climbing the bed to lie beside the younger male. "Tired?" he asked, stroking his mate's hair gently. They had about twenty-four left before they would be united as husbands, then the alpha could sweep him away from there. "Are you tolerating the suppressant well?" They both had taken the suppressants that the family doctor had prescribed, but since they would be married the next day, they will stop taking it after dinner that night so the effect would wear off. That way, Jack's heat would come naturally by the time they consummate their marriage. 

Jack heard the door and knew it had to be him even if he couldn't sense him yet. Sighing softly he turned to look at him poking his head out of the sheets, "yeah... I'm tired. It's okay it's just been a lot for several days. Well have just us again soon." Turning to face him he scooted forward wrapping his arm around his middle and burrowing his face against his chest. That's the stuff, his alphas scene to help calm him down. 

"Yeah... it makes me a little sick to my stomach and I feel weird... like I'm on it but not. I'm glad we're done taking it after today," Jack nuzzled against him glad for the moment of peace. Even at night it was like they just came in there to sleep and that was it. "Are you okay on them?" He worried maybe he wasn't the only one having troubles with them. Nasty little pill but it helped them keep acting normal for a couple more days. 

Cade turned on his side and wrapped his arms tighter around his mate, providing comfort for the both of them. "A little headache here and there, but I'll be fine." He kissed his little mate and inhaled the scent of his hair. The traces of heat lingered, but subtle. Once the affect of the suppressant wore off, it would be much intense than the last week. "Let's have a little shut eye. We deserve a couple of hour's break," he told Jack and closed his eyes as they snuggled together on the bed.

They were a little more tired than they thought. It was almost dinnertime when Cade woke up, spooning his omega. No one came to get them so far, or maybe if they did, they were tactful enough not to disturb them and allowed them to have the rest they needed before the big day. Cade buried his nose at the back of his mate's nape and planted kisses against it. Just one more day and he can leave his permanent mark there. "Wake up, baby. We need to at least show our face at dinner," he said softly, nuzzling the soft skin with his nose. 

At dinner, Liam ribbed them about going missing in the afternoon. The mansion was filled with the stay-in guests and the big dining hall was filled with chatter and people who wished the couple all the best for their big day. Another half of the guests will be arriving the next day in time for the ceremony. Cade had yet to meet Jack's parents, but since they had not come to introduce themselves yet, and no news from Susan either, he kept that at the back of his mind. According to Merrick, all the preparations were in place and he looked forward to see his boss tie the know with his soulmate. "No pressure," he said, but Cade wasn't pressured at all. He had both feet in this and that was what he wanted ever since he met Jack.

Jack was out for the afternoon. Exhausted from his heat still on the edge of coming through then all the running around they were doing, he was exhausted. Curled up and warm with his mate his nesting needs were met for a bit making him feel comfortable and happy. Grumbling when he woke him up he didn't want to but it was good so they could go to bed at a decent time. Tomorrow was the big day for them.

That dinner Jack felt almost at peace. He was glad the stress was going to calm down after then and glad to get married to such a wonderful man. Reaching over to hold his hand he wasn't worried at all. Even with the rest of his family MIA he didn't mind. They weren't that close anyway. Honestly he didn't think they'd actually show up. That was fine with him, he had a new family. 

Then the day came. Jack got up early to start getting ready and finally heard by the late morning his family had arrived. The hair and makeup people came by to get them looking good for the ceremony. Jack was fit into his suit and ready for some prewedding pictures. He even recorded some things himself. Looking out the window he saw people setting up a few last things. Even saw the cake being brought in for later. 

Jack's parents came in downstairs with his brothers. They were dressed nice thankfully and keeping to themselves a bit. Even sitting down to the side to wait for the ceremony to start. If Jack was older, more rugged and grew a beard he'd look just like his father. Although his eyes he got form his mother. The brothers looked bored and ready to leave but their parents made them come since they were given such a large sum of money they might as well show up. 

Since their last kiss in bed that morning, Cade was separated from his soon-to-be-husband. It was a silly old tradition that the grooms shouldn't meet until the ceremony, but Liam and Merrick had insisted upon. While Merrick had ensconced Jack in their bedroom for the hair and make up, Cade got himself ready in Liam's room. He had on a charcoal grey suit with a matching waistcoat, a black shirt and an emerald green necktie that was supposed to be complemented Jack's own colors. Liam helped him pinned on his boutonniere that was an arrangement of small spring flowers tied together in a green ribbon that was taken from Jack's hand bouquet. 

"Have you delivered the item to Jack?" He asked his best man while straightening his necktie. The night before, he has asked told Susan that he was ging to give Jack 'something new' for the wedding. Susan was on boards and informed him that she has the perfect thing for Jack to borrow. All that was left was Something old and something blue, but even without the other two, it didn't matter. They were only doing it because they wanted to have something for Jack to remember about his wedding day. 

Liam nodded his affirmative. "Yeah, took it to Merrick. He's going to handle it."

The 'new' item Cade had bought for his future husband was a leather collar that omega was often told to wear, just like the one Jack had worn the first day he was brought into the Ambrose household. Although, this time it symbolized something else. The collar would be taken off after their wedding, signifying that Jack no longer had to worry about alphas attacking him. He would have his own alpha who would protect him, love him and cherish him. Along with the thick leather choker was a detachable pin that Jack could wear during other occasion in the future. The choker will be of no use after their mating, but the big, oval emerald gem surrounded in delicate gold crown was a gift from Cade to show his acceptance of Jack's roots of the Emerald Isle. He wanted Jack to be proud of his lineage, especially his unique accent. 

"I heard his parents are here. Are they giving him any troubles?" He asked again. It was close to the ceremony time. All guests were gathered in the garden where it would take place. Cade will wait at the altar for his omega to walk down the aisle toward him. He didn't want the family to start a scene then. If he had to deal with them, he preferred to do it now.

Jack asked Liam to bring a note to Cade. In the note there was a long very sweet note talking about how wonderful his life has changed and how much he looks forward to starting their life together. It was a sweet long love note going into details about meeting his family and how nice it was, also how wonderful his grandfather is. He felt bad he didn't know if there were gifts they could give each other but he was thankful to have Cade and looked forward to learning more about him and sharing their life together.

"This is from Jack," Liam gave him the note wanting to read it himself but he didn't. He was still getting over Jack being with his friend. "No, in fact they haven't given him any trouble. I think Susan's the only one in there with him. He seemed fine when I was in there. I don't really know how typical omega family homes go." He shrugged his shoulders not knowing the dynamic of selling a child. His little siblings weren't going to go through that. Maybe a trade situation but not a full sell off.

"They're just sitting and waiting with some of the other guests," Liam shrugged his shoulders. "I know he knows they're here." They just weren't really talking to anyone. He didn't realize they were a bit shocked at the amount of money they were surrounded by. 

Slipping on the collar and the other items, his something blue he said were his eyes and the something borrowed from Susan had his face beat red. She brought him a thong! Good lord... She said it was one of her sexy clothing sets she tried on and didn't like. He wore it and everything else. At the moment he was only missing the something old. Looking down at the engagement ring he guessed he could count that as something old. 

Taking the note from Liam, Cade unfolded it and scanned through carefully. Every sweet words Jack had written made him smile. He could feel the sincerity and love pouring from each letter, each phrase. He was so looking forward to be this omega's everything and get just as much from Jack. Time was ticking but it couldn't be sooner for their wedding. 

"I think we could get the wedding started. Merrick just texted me a while ago that everyone that mattered was in attendance. It's just half an hour to go anyway," Cade folded Jack's love letter and slipped it into the inside of his suit Jacket. He would wait at the altar for his omega and take his hand. His grandfather and parents were already waiting in the front row seats.

The pathway towards the wedding area was had been carefully trimmed. The hedges were lined with scalloped white and green fabrics and decorated with flowers. Merrick and his grandfather sure had outdone themselves for the wedding and Cade was happy that he could give Jack such a lavish wedding worthy for an omega as special as he was. "You have the rings with you?" Cade asked Liam as they headed to where the guests were already seated. 

After he had informed Jack about the wedding, Cade had taken him to get their wedding rings. He had them chosen and ordered, but when they get back to the jeweller to try whether the size would fit, he told Jack he could take a look at other designs if he wanted to, because the ring was going to be on his finger for as long as they shall live. Now Jack's ring was with Liam and Cade's with Susan. 

Liam smiled and slapped his back good naturedly. "Don't worry, buddy. It's all safe and sound." When they reached the ceremony area, everyone turned around to look at the alpha groom. Cade smiled and waved at some of them but kept his stride towards his destination up front. In fifteen minutes or less, Jack will walk down the aisle and they would be united as husband. Cade was excited and nervous at the same time. The faster Jack would come, the better he would feel. 

Jack took some calming breaths when he heard they were getting ready. He never had pictured himself in a wedding but here he was. The little omega knew he was worth more what his parents sold him for.  Honestly he was a little peeved at them still but he wasn't about to ruin the wedding. A bead of sweat ran down his cheek and he wondered if it was nerves or his heart trying to kick back in,  either way it was time. Susan led him over to a spot just around the corner to wait for the music to start. 

In the aisle were Jack's parents whispering to themselves and looking to Cade a bit surprised. Such a handsome young man bought their son? They assumed he was much older than how he looked, they knew he was older just not how much. After a while the wife argued with him until Jack's father stood and headed to the back, "your mother insisted..."

Jack took a shaky breath startled his father actually came back there,  "pa?" His father sighed and offered his arm.  That's when the music started and it was time to go. 

Walking with his father Jack looked up and for the moment could see no one else. There was his mate waiting for him at the end. Smiling he couldn't believe how handsome he was and just how sweet.  So dashing. The room was beautiful but of course all he saw was Cade.  Stepping to the front his father cleared his throat as the priest said his lines,  "do you father of this omega, give away to this man?"

"I do," Jack's father guided his son up to stand with Cade before hurrying back to his seat. He seemed to really not like the spot light and had never spoken to Cade before. The mother handled most of it. 

Through the ceremony it went by so quickly. They tied the ribbon,  did the collar ceremony and then reading their vows. Jack memorized his to say the speech them finally they got to the kiss.  It was almost a relief when they finally happened. Finally back together they could head out to get ready to eat with everyone. 

"Its finally happened," Jack smiled up at his mate. They were finally wed. He couldn't wait to get started.

Then the party began,  food,  dancing, singing, music and even a couple drink people. It was a wedding it was to be expected. Jack had some champagne for the first time. Then their couples dance, cake eating which Jack grinned like a devil before smooshing cake into Cade's mouth and over his face. It wasn't long before they could leave to begin their honeymoon.

When the wedding march was played, Cade's head looked up and he saw the most beautiful omega in his entire life. There, walking toward him was his soon to be husband, mate and omega. He didn't even take any notice of the older man who walked him down the aisle since his eyes were only on Jack. He smiled when they reached him and the alpha offered his hand for the omega to take. He vaguely listened to McLoughlin senior giving his son away, and it didn't matter since Jack was already his the moment they they took his money. 

The ceremony started with the priest reading all the common things. Then it was time for them to exchange their I do's. Cade had a very big smile when he said the words and he swore he could see some tears on Jack's face when the little omega returned the sentiment. The priest then called for the rings and Liam stepped forward to hand Cade Jack's. The ring fitted perfectly round his mate's hand and after Jack took the ring from Susan, it went straight onto Cade's ring finger next. The priest said something else, but the alpha only heard the "I pronounced you husbands and you may kiss your omega" part. 

The kiss was something else. Cade pulled Jack to him and crushed their lips together. It was a possessive kiss, intended to let everyone in attendance know that Jack was officially his. A lot of the people in the crowd, especially the younger ones cheered. When Cade broke the kissed, he brushed the soft, slightly bruised lips of his husband's with his thumb. "I love you." And he meant it with all his heart. 

The rest of the party went so fast. Cade never thought he would have fun on his own wedding. Jack certainly was mischievous with the wedding cake, but Cade got him back with a smear of frosting on his nose then licked it right off. Finally after the party ceased and people excused themselves, Cade was so ready to take Jack away from everyone else and just lock the two of them together for the whole week. They said proper goodbyes to everyone, especially to his grandfather, Liam, Merrick and Susan then Cade hastily pulled Jack towards their room. He wanted to change out of their clothes before heading to the airport for their honeymoon.

Of course Jack cried during the ceremony but he did his best to keep it together. When Cade whispered he loved him that's when the tears really came.  Of course they were getting married and to be mates but not all mates loved each other. Jack had a great time with everyone,  his family left fairly early but he didn't notice at first.  Susan stayed and wished them the best when they left. Saying goodbye to Cade's grandfather was honestly the hardest for him.  

Quickly changing his bags were already ready to go,  they just had to slip on something comfortable to wear for the plane trip. Jack grabbed his backpack and looked around,  "that's everything... I'm gonna miss your grandfather. We should visit him or have him over often.  He's such a sweet guy and I hate seeing him so lonely." Knowing about his lost mate pulled at Jack's heart strings.

Jack headed to the airport with Cade ready to go on their long flight.  That was when it finally started to sink in,  "oh... where are we going?" He had ideas but he didn't think Cade ever told him where they were going for the honeymoon. Sure he picked a couple places that he said he'd like to go but Cade seemed to like his surprises. Not that Jack was worried, he was honestly looking forward to being mates with him. That bite... he scratched at his neck. Yeah his heat was coming back,  he could feel it. 

Dressed in a more casual clothes, with slacks and cashmere sweater, Cade had a small suitcase with him. The rest had been taken into the car that awaited them downstairs. "Don't worry, I think grandfather would love to make some trips to our home too." He kissed Jack's forehead and led him out of the room. He knew his grandfather was very fond of his new husband, and it would be a good reason for them to go visit each other whenever they could. "And it seemed like Liam and Merrick was getting on a little better. You didn't purposely toss your bouquet to Merrick did you?" Cade grinned, wondering if his mate was sly enough to do something like that. Merrick looked a little dazed after he caught the bouquet, but Liam looked more determined after that. "It would be a tough one for them after this." He said, knowing that Liam's family was hoping for him to settle down with an omega.

Bertie was waiting by the car that would take them to the airport. They were flying on a private jet to Italy, where they would spend two weeks on a honeymoon. "How are you feeling?" Cade asked Jack as they were driven away. They had taken the last dose of the suppressant the night before, so it was wearing off, but other than Jack's sweet scent, he seemed like the usual to Cade. 

"Oh i may have aimed it a little," Jack giggled softly but then cocked his head a little wondering if he should tell him but decided not to.  "I don't think it'll be as tough as you think." With silently knowing Merrick secret,  he looked forward to hearing when Liam discovered it. 

Looking at his husband Jack smiled softly,  "I can feel it wearing off. Like my skin getting warm or tingly. Then the need to be close to you is getting worse." Jack scooted closer tucking his face against his shoulder. "I really want you to bite me and take me but it's not bad yet.  It felt like it'll be bad soon... like maybe a few hours.  Maybe tomorrow morning. I'm tired too so I'm sure that isn't helping." Jack smiled softly holding his hand.  "My husband." He really liked forward to their alone time but also he didn't know how they'd last on the plane.  He was tired and would want some sleep but he dismemberment know how long he'd last before it wore off and his full heat kicked in. 

Cade smiled at his mate playing cupid. He had such a gentle soul that wanted to see people around them happy. Cade certainly would love to see his best friend and assistant end up together, so they hoped they could sort things out. Jack's words somehow convinced him that whatever came their way, Liam and Merrick would be able to handle it and find their happily ever after just like he and his mate just did.

"We would arrive a little after midnight. I think we'd be to tired for anything else." Cade peeked at his watched to estimate their arrival time. They were flying on a private jet, so the travel time was cut down a little compared to other commercial airlines. "I've made sure they prepared some food for us in case your heat came early. You will need the energy," Cade told his husband. He also wondered about another issue. He knew Jack was a responsible omega, just like he was a responsible alpha, but a good partner should discuss about everything. "I know it may be unlikely, but I prepare birth control pills just in case. Are you already on it or would you like to take one now?" Both he and Jack talked baout having children, but he knew it would be to soon to start now, so for this first mating, he would like to focus on their bond rather than starting a family. 

Jack blushed a little when he brought that up but nodded his head,  "yeah I have some too. I asked your doctor about it just in case. Even though I know I'm probably going to beg for it during I really want more time to us for a little while longer. Then we can have a couple kids." Smiling softly at his mate he was glad he was so good to him. 

"I'll take it now," going into his bag he took the pill,  grabbing a water bottle to drink it down then sighed softly.  "Have you ever experienced an omega heat before? The first day in really out of it. I don't remember eating or showering. It's just so focus on baby batter. It's crazy how much your mind shuts off. The Doctor said since we'll be connected I should be more coherent than my other ones.  That'll be good so I'll actually be able to function.  By day three we should be back to normal." Looking over at Cade hours eyes were getting that hungry dazed look to them.  "How are you feeling?"