(Private RP) The Peace Exchange <<syaoran-puu & Sosuke0549>>

Guest syaoran-puu

Guest Sosuke0549

Luc only shrugged when Rory offered to sleep in the car. He didn't necessarily mind staying with his family, he got along with the marjory of them, the only person he usually eneded up in arguements with was his older brother Bastian.

He blinked hearing Rory suddenly ask him a question breaking the silence.

?Is there anything I should avoid saying or doing at your parents?? [/Quote]

Luc glanced over at him before turning his attention back to the road. "I have three older siblings...I dont think Oliva or James will be a problem but Bastian...well...he's the disgrace of the family to be frank...theres no doubt in my mind that he'll try to flirt with you and ask you for your blood...ignore him...he has little to no manners. And as for my parents Julia and Ciel...They'll be happy to see you. Just be yourself."

Luc could tell that something was on Rory's mind, but felt like he shouldn't ask, just when silence began to fill the car again Rory suddenly complimented him, saying he looked nice. "Thank you...as do you."

Getting the feeling that Rory didnt like silence, he decided to play some classical music. It was just something to fill the air but he hoped Rory's nervousness would simmer down a little. He didnt need to read the boys thoughts to see the anxiety written all over his face.

It was a very long drive but as the day was ending Luc slowly pulled up to his parents estate. There stood a mansion surrounded by acres of land. It was very fancy, and nothing like Luc 'a house. For starters, it was modeled after a shabby chic design with roots in antique and vintage French design and furnishings. Once inside Rory would come to find that the interior would be comfortable with open spaces and highceilings, and the decor would have a timeless lived-in vintage-inspired appeal. Giving off a Soft and slightly femme vibe, it was similar to a traditional design. With marble floors and pillars, glass chandeliers, elegant and elaborate artwork, as well as lavish and hand crafted furniture. It screamed money, wealth, and power.

"We've arrived...let's go." Luc muttered, climbing out of the car and making his way to the front door. He didn't even have to knock...because just as he was climbing the steps his older brother opened the double doors, with a smile on his face.

"Well look who it is."

"James..."

"It is good to see you again little brother." The handsome vampire pulled Luc into a hug which Luc hardly returned, but regardless of his lack of affection he too was smiling. Once the hug was over with, Luc dusted himself off crossing his arms.

"Tsk.tsk...your so rude Luc~ And what do we have here?...A human? Ahh...this must be Rory~ My have your grown!" Luc rolled his eyes, stepping past his brother and going inside.

"Luc~ It is so good to see you" Luc looked up seeing his older sister in a all black dress. He sighed softly as she came over and kissed him on his cheek. "So handsome...you resemble our grandfather so much. "

"I guess..Wheres mother and father?"

"Where coming...My my...if it isnt my youngest son...Its been months since you last came home.."

" I apologize father...I've been busy."

"Luc~ I missed you so much~" His mother said softly as her and his father descended the stairs. His mother was drop dead gorgeous...She was wearing a white dress and with her hair braided...her voice was that of an angles and she immediately pulled Luc into a hug...however this time...he returned it. She creased his face with the palm of her hand examining him.

"You look paler..have you been eating probaly ? Aren't you bored living out in the woods all by yourself? I worry about you--" He chuckled pulling her hand away from his face.

"I'm fine mother...You always baby me.."

"Oh my...is that really Rory? You look so much like your mother.." Juila turned and froze for a moment when see saw Rory...her eyes wide in surprise, a few seconds passed before a sad smile over took, and tears...yes...actual tears began to fall down her beaituful face.

"Rory...you are really here? Forgive me for my tears." She said softly, slwoly approching him and taking his hands in hers, holding them gently. "My daughter is right, you resemble your mother very much...and there is not a day that goes by that I dont morn your mother and fathers early passing. She would be so proud of you and the man you have become...you have grown to be a very handsome young man~"

"Indeed...We are thrilled to have you here Rory...Luc has informed us that you share your parents ideals of peace between vampires and huamns...I am relieved that you dont hate our kind."

"Can we move this conversation else where...I'm tired of standing.." Oliva started to giggle ruffling up Luc's hair playfully, annoyed, Luc frowned smacking her hand away.

"Your so cute Luc~ Still as impatient as every."

"Stop patronizing me...I'm not a child anymore.."

"You say that buuttt~"

"Tch- Speaking of childern...where is Bastian.."

00ee95ce47b2e9e2fe621c648ea2ada8.jpg

Left: Ciel June Hellsin Right: James Ren Hellsin

Dislikes Unknown

Ability/Power: Ciel has the same abilities as Luc. Controlling air and wind.

James took after his mother and control's ice and water.

Backround: Ciel and Julia met at a very young age threw an arranged marriage. The two didnt like each other in the beginning but over time they fell in love with each other and started having children. There love has never faded since then and they have been married for decades.

James is there eldest son, hes charming and friendly and married to his younger sister Olivia. He currently lives with his parents and often shadows his father, since he is next in line to run the family business.

db0c8cb8452a71b2065542da958cbe21.jpg

Name: Olivia Emily Hellsin

Dislikes Unknown

Ability/Power: Shadows. She can turn her own shadow into a weapon and even turn other peoples shadows against them.

Backround: Married to her older brother James. She is rather quite and very caring. Sweet and rather spoiled since she is the only daughter in the family.

16eb8148322eeb8f64b99bb6045a6357--frozen-disney-elsa-frozen.jpg

Name: Julia Yuki Hellin

Dislikes Unknown

Abilities/Powers: Ice and water

Backround: Married to Ciel and was very close friends with Rory's parents. She loves all of her children dearly and is secretly trying to have one more child.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sosuke0549

• syaoran-puu

Guest syaoran-puu

Rory smiled nervously at Luc and nodded. He found it hard to believe that Luc’s family would have any interest in him... but who was he to argue?

He was grateful for the music, listening to the classical tunes as he looked out the window. He felt a little tired, but relaxed, he hadn’t realised they’d be driving for quite so long... when they arrived he yawned into his palm and looked over at the.... house? That wasn’t a house! It was a mansion. And Rory suddenly felt extremely out of place.

He didn’t belong here....

He didn’t belong in this world...

He’d been foolish to think he could do this!

Rory hesitated, hand gripping the seatbelt before he finally climbed out. No point making a fuss right now. He just hoped he wasn’t walking into some kind of trap!

Rory found that sense of overwhelming even more pressuring as he stepped inside a world of extravagance and opulence. It was extraordinary! He realised very quickly that he was not dressed right for this place. His outfit screaming commoner and misfit. Unlike Luc, who fit seamlessly in with his family.

He smiled shyly at James but followed Luc. Better the devil you know. Right?

They all seemed like a very happy family. It was rather nice to see Luc a little differently, he actually smiled!

“I do?” He asked in surprised to the mother, “I don’t really remember her...” Rory admits.

Clearing his throat he looked away and to the crying woman. “In all due respect... I’m not so sure. I don’t know what kind of man I’ve become yet.” He was still young and figuring himself out. He fiddled with his fingers a little. “I would like to think she’d be proud though....” he frowned suddenly. “Am I addressing you wrong? Lord Luc insists I address him as Lord or he will ignore me.... I’m sorry if I’m being impertinent...” he frowned, looking at the vampires in concern.

When he was addressed again, by a very handsome man in Rory’s opinion, he nodded. He hadn’t always been so magnanimous in his thoughts towards vampires, but given time he’d come to realise that his anger and pain wasn’t good to hold on. It might have been all the head shrinks doing too... not that they ever believed him.

Rory watched the sister tease Luc, covering his mouth to hide his smile and the laugh that threatened to spill. Luc really was cute when he relaxed a little. Too bad he’d never be like that around Rory. He’d made it clear he wanted very little to do with him.

Bastian chose that moment to surface. He’d been trying to avoid this, he hoped he wasn’t recognised. Despite his thoughts he smiled widely, flirtatiously even, as he walked down the stairs. “Oh look. A yummy morsel indeed. You’re wasted with my brother, Rory.” Bastian approached and winked at the human. “I can show you what being with a real vampire is really like.” He flashed his fangs.

Rory realises quickly that this was the vampire Luc had warned him of. “No thank you...” he instinctively stepped closer to Luc too.

“Not a fan of biting?” Bastian quirked an amused brow. Why did Luc always have to be so lucky with those that admired him? Pretty little thing just needed breaking in.

Rory didn’t speak, he just shook his head. He really wanted to leave now. Maybe it would have been best he’d stayed at the orphanage and never learnt the truth... the rabbit hole was scary!

E6-C0596-A-4-DA7-4655-B0-F4-1-CD4-DACE8-ED0.jpg

Name: Lord Bastian Fai Hellsin

Appearance: 27

Social Status: Lord

Ability: Feelings and visions of the future. He can’t always funnel or control them. He spent a lot of his youth acting out to try and escape them.

Personality: Flirty and charming on the surface, but it is often an overcompensation because he hates his power and refuses to let anyone look too closely and deem him weak! He can have a temper, especially when denied something he wants! He can come across as a spoilt brat.

Likes: Fresh blood! Playing the piano or the cello. Listening to music. Sex. Partying. Travelling!

Dislikes: Being forced to diplomatic events. Acting like a Lord. Being forced to stay in one place for too long. His powers.

Past/Background: Bastian has been a ‘player’ for a long time, and as a bisexual he’s happy to take advantage of both sexes. There are potentially two illegitimate babies spawned by him through the centuries but Bastian has never shown any interest in them. He keeps a part of himself hidden from everyone, careful to only show them the overconfident side he wants them to see.

Other info: He hates his powers. Especially since he was teased by his older brother a child. He is a middle child of the group. He has met Rory before.... and he has a secret!

Guest Sosuke0549

Luc could see how uncomfortable Rory was...he looked so out of place around his parents and in his house. He had thought that erasing his memories of him and his family, and even bits and pieces of that night when his parents were killed...would have helped him in the long run...but...now he wasn't so sure...He understood why he was so tense around him and his family...it was only natural for him to develop a fear of vampires, after all, and he was attacked by one...and a his parents were brutally murdered by one right in front of his eyes...

Julia whipped her tears away, releasing Rory and giving him a very soft smile. "Your mother was an amazing woman and there is no doubt in my mind that she wouldn't be proud of you.~" Her words were sweet, genuine, and warm...she ment evey word she said.

?Am I addressing you wrong? Lord Luc insists I address him as Lord or he will ignore me.... I?m sorry if I?m being impertinent...? [/Quote]

Everyone's eyes quickly turned to Luc in surprise.

"He makes you call him Lord?"

"Well isnt that shocking..."

Luc frowned, looking a little irritated and...flustered?

"Luc? Is this true? I would of thought that the two of you would--"

"No..." He muttered, cutting off his mother. He heaved a heavy sigh, "What I mean is..things are different now...The past is in the past...so yes...I have Rory call me by my first title...In order to teach him proper manners and edict."

"I guess that makes sense...but you dont consider him to be your--"

"No...now can we talk about something else.."

The conversation quickly changed to a new topic and the atmosphere became less tense, however that only lasted briefly because once Bastian showed up...it grew very tense again.

?Oh look. A yummy morsel indeed. You?re wasted with my brother, Rory.?[/Quote]

"Interesting words coming from you big brother." He came down the stairs, already trying to flirt with Rory, winking at him...

?I can show you what being with a real vampire is really like.?[/Quote] He said in a rather cocky and arrogant tone, flashing his fangs at the human. Which immediately caused Rory to fall back closer to Luc. He glanced over at the human...and deep down he was a little happy that Rory trusted him...even if it was only a little bit.

"Bastian..I believe I made myself very clear that you needed to behave yourself...You are frightening our guest."

Luc quickly pulled Rory behind him, blocking Bastain from getting any closer to him or even looking at him.

"Please refrain from your childish behavior and games and showing Rory your fangs...He is afraid of vampires...and it took him a lot of time to build up the courage to come here...So you better not shatter it..." He glared at his older brother, looking quite defensive.

Guest syaoran-puu

Rory found wetness in his eyes. Forming at the idea of his mother truly being proud. He could only imagine them really, his parents. His memories of before were slightly.... twisted and warped. Those of a child who didn’t entirely remember. He’d always assumed it was just age that stopped him from really remembering. His mind protecting the child he’d been.

Rory couldn’t help but frown. “What are you talking about?” What did they seem to think they should be? ‘Your’ what? What was Luc hiding? The man had been very abrupt in stopping the conversation but an unease settled over him.

Only made worse by the brother!

Bastian grinned at Luc, “don’t be such a spoilsport, baby brother. Luccy is just concerned you’d grow to like me better, Rory.” He watched as Luc moved to protect the human. Nothing had really changed then. Curious.

He held his hands up in surrender at chest level. “My apologies Mother. It was too tempting not to tease my baby brother.” He tapped his head. “Trust me, it’s better for Rory that I did though, already Luccy is acting more than he once did.” He mostly lied, making it up on the spot but pretending it’s had been in one his stupid vision. He tried not to see visions, they always left him feeling disoriented and sick. “Must be a lot of courage though, he now lives with one vampire and visited a whole house of more.” Bastian stepped closer. “Maybe humans really do never learn!?” He couldn’t help but be drawn back to that night... the screams had been piercing in his mind.

Rory had moved behind Luc when prompted to do so, placing a hand on the man’s back without really thinking. As if seeking security and attempting to comfort the vampire too. He wasn’t sure why he felt safe with Luc.... the man mostly ignored him usually. He squeezed his eyes closed a moment before taking a deep breath and opening them again.

“Enough of that.” Bastian moved over to his mother and kissed her cheek. “You look as radiant as always mother.”

Guest Sosuke0549
?Don?t be such a spoilsport, baby brother. Luccy is just concerned you?d grow to like me better, Rory.?[/Quote]

Luc rolled his eyes. There was a time when Luc actully liked it when Bastian called him Luccy. But now that he was older...he only despised the nickname.

"Stop calling me that...and even if you and Rory did get to know each other he'd see theres nothing to like about a flirtatious spoiled brat like you who cant even take responsibility for his actions and the women he's knocked up. At least am not a disgrace to this family. "

SLAP

The room fell silent and Luc could feel the stinging pain of a hard slap come across his face. He frowned, turning to his mother who delivered the faithful blow.

She loved each one of her children "equally"...and was the type of mother who did her best to be around whenever her children needed her, and she hated it when her own flesh and blood fought...and since Bastian had started misbehaving at a very young age...Julia took it upon herself to give him a little extra attention...She was the only person who could sympathize with Bastian about his abilities and help comfort him, since her mother had the same powers. So Bastain and her shared a uquice relationship...Which is why she was so protective of him...Luc rarely ever saw his brother in disarray when they were younger...but Julia did...She was almost always there for his metal breakdowns and was always willing to help teach him how to control his thoughts and mind...Deep down...she probably loved Bastian a little bit more then the rest of them.

"Stop it...both of you..."

"You coddle them too much mother..." Luc didnt say a word.

?My apologies Mother. It was too tempting not to tease my baby brother."[/Quote]

She nodded turning to Rory, trying to smile.

"Sorry you had to see that Rory..."

Luc glared at Bastian as he continued to taught him...he was the only person in the family that new the truth...he was there when Luc erased Rory's memories and now he was dancing around the truth as if this was some type of game!

?Must be a lot of courage though, he now lives with one vampire and visited a whole house of more. Maybe humans really do never learn!??[/Quote]

The vampires all glanced at Rory, finding some truth to Bastians words.

"Well..this is awkward..."

"Indeed...Leave it up to Bastian and Luc to sour the mood."

"Shut up.."

He glanced back at Rory feeling the human touch him, hiding behind him like a scared little kitten. He couldn't blame him tho...he was surrounded by beasts in human form.

?Enough of that. You look as radiant as always mother.?[/Quote]

Bastian said sweetly kissing Julia's cheek. The female vampire smiled softly pinching Bastians cheek.

"Trying to butter me up sweet heart? Nice try...but behave yourself...I wont tell you again..." She words slightly chilling and her tone held a hint of anger. In this family you never wanted to see Julia mad...

"Rory you must be hungry. Shall we have dinner? Yuki and I would be happy to answer any questions you have about your parents..."

"Yes..and I wanted to discuss a new idea to bring about peace between Vampires and Human's. Perhaps your option could help in our research. "

Luc crossed his arms, glancing at Rory once again. If you want to leave...we can...Your hands are trembling and your heart rate has increased substantially since you walked threw the door...not to mention your paler....But if I asked if you if you were alright...You'd lie and say you were fine...so...what do you want to do..

He asked the male telepathy. Was he concerned about Rory?

Guest syaoran-puu

Even Bastian winced as their mother slapped Luc. Ouch! That must have hurt. He knew his brother hated being called Luccy, but that just made him want to do so all the more.

At least things seem to settle down. He smiled sweetly at everyone, moving when prompted to do so. He was hungry. Though he wondered how a human would feel eating among a room of vampires. He had to admit that Rory certainly had balls! But he’d seen Luc erase his thoughts.... what he’d give to drop that little secret to their parents!

He held out his mothers chair for her, deciding to sooth her with etiquette and politeness. Plus, Bastian knew his mother would like it.

“Oh.... sure.” Rory’s smile wobbled but he tried. When they’d all turned to look at him he’d actually been proud he hadn’t wet himself! It had been touch and go for a moment!

His hand squeezed the fabric of Luc’s shirt automatically as he squeaked. Oh! Luc..... he blushed. This wasn’t something Rory particularly enjoyed unexpectedly. It took some getting used to, telepathy. “It’s rude to leave.” He said quietly, releasing him before heading to follow the others. The reminder that they could all hear his heart and breathing, that he couldn’t hide his feelings was slightly frustrating.... and alarming!

In truth, he wasn’t sure he wanted to stay. But he didn’t want to be rude or disappoint anyone... and no one had actually hurt him. He had to be strong and just.... forget his fear. Maybe he’d learn about his parents a little?

“I’m not sure I have enough experience to offer assistance for your idea.” He offered Julia. “But I can certainly listen.”

Looking to the table he suddenly felt unsure about where he was meant to sit. Was he even meant to sit with them? What did they plan to feed him?

Guest Sosuke0549

Luc fell silent, frowning slightly when Rory squeaked due to him talking to the human telepathically. This caused his family to look at him for a moment wondering what was the matter with him... He sighed softly shaking his head. Could he be any more obvious!

?It?s rude to leave.?[/Quote]

He whispered, pulling away from him and following his family into the dining room. He scoffed, looking slightly annoyed as he reluctantly followed behind Rory. He really hasn't changed.. He thought to himself.

?I?m not sure I have enough experience to offer assistance for your idea. But I can certainly listen.?[/Quote]

"Wonderful~"

She smiled. Luc only rolled his eyes, taking a seat to the far right, away from his parents and siblings, crossing his arms and sulking while he watched his older brother Bastian holdout his mothers chair suddenly deciding to be the good child. But Luc knew he had an agenda...

And of course Julia was swayed...already thanking him. Glancing up...he still saw Rory standing awkwardly...looking confused on where to sit.

"Just sit. " The human really liked the over think things.

As they all took there seats James had left to get Rory food and the rest of them drinks. He put a champagne glass of what looked like to be colored water in front of all the vampires before setting down a plate of food in front of Rory....three plates to be exact. One was a bowl of beef curry, the other was pasta and the last plate had a stake on it a side of vegetables.

"I wasn't sure which meal you would prefer so I just choose three of which your mother or father often ate. I hope you at least like one of them..."

Luc picked up his glass of colored water and began sipping it, looking rather bored.

"Sulking little brother~"

"Shut up." James chuckled, before taking a seat next to Olivia, immediately holding her hand and scooting his chair closer to hers...

They were still acting like newly weds even though they had been married for over a decade.

"So Rory...What are your thoughts about a school where both vampires and humans attend?"

"Its still just an idea but the students would be of noble blood and hand selected to attend the academy...They would share our ideals and be able to control themselves while interacting with the huamns. The school would be separated into a day class and night class with Vampires attending class at night of course....Do you think such an idea is possible ? I think this would be a wonderful step to help Improve our relationship with humans. "

"However we would keep the existence of Vampires secret...too ensure we dont cause a panic..." Which was understandable...humans didnt even know Vampires existed.

Guest syaoran-puu

Bastian smiled at his mother and took a seat near her. Best not to prod the beast that was Luc more right now. It did indeed seem like Luc was sulking. He had everything he wanted and then gave it away.... only to long for it more. Stupid man. But Luc away from the human was the best... he needed to get them away from each other. Why had Rory come back?

Rory took a seat next to Luc, though he wasn’t sure if it was ‘allowed’ or not. Luc was an enigma. Full of so many rules. So many contradictions.

Rory blinked at the food only to laugh. “Oh? You’re too kind. I’m not a fussy eater. I really will eat anything.” Eat or starve. He’d learnt to eat! “Thank you... I’ll try my best to finish as much as I can.” He eyed Luc a moment then down at the food. Delicious. He pulled the steak and vegetables closer.

He ate a little and swallowed as he listened only to frown. “Your secret would get out. If you tried that.” Rory hoped it wasn’t too rude in his words, but wasn’t that obvious? “And.... what’s to stop the vampires from....” he looked to Luc then down at the plate. “...taking advantage of the humans? Using their powers to overwhelm them or make them do things?” He rubbed the back of his neck, remembering Luc’s demonstration. “It’s not that I’m against it exactly. Just... you have an advantage over us and children are stupid and ruled by hormones.” Easily scared and easily persuaded. “But they’re often more accepting too.” He smiled shyly as he looked up at her.

“How would you keep the secret? Wouldn’t people notice the different classes? The night and day I mean?” He frowned softly, thinking.

He chewed his lip. “Sorry.... I did warn you that I really don’t know much about all of this. I didn’t even know vampires existed myself until not long ago.” He looked away sheepishly, “every physiologist I was made to see told me I was making it up all. My mind simply trying to come up with a story to explain things. I don’t exactly fit in with the hunters either...”

Guest Sosuke0549

The family seemed rather intrested in what Rory had to say. Meanwhile Luc took a mental note of what Rory choosed to eat. Now he had an idea of what the human liked to eat, but when Rory mentioned the concern of Vampires making the human students do things against there will all the vampires in the room turned there attention to Luc. His eyes widened slightly hearing Rory say the same thing. Damn it... He thought, mentally kicking himself.

“It’s not that I’m against it exactly. Just... you have an advantage over us and children are stupid and ruled by hormones. But they’re often more accepting too.”[/Quote]

"Well... relationships between humans and vampires would not be allowed."

“How would you keep the secret? Wouldn’t people notice the different classes? The night and day I mean?” [/Quote]

"How so?...Theres nothing suspicious about having a private academy that has a day and night shift..."

Rory then apologized, reminding his family that he still lacked knowledge of there world and that he had seen many physiologists who told him that Vampires didnt exist.

"I see...I'm sorry to hear that."

"Rory...can you tell me why your concerned about vampires making you do something ?"

Luc sighed, glancing at Rory.

"Don't..."

He muttered as he slowly put his glass down and turned to his mother. "I was playing a joke on Rory and took it too far. I used Obedience on him..."

"YOU DID WHAT!"

"Oh dear...."

"I would run little brother~"

"Using Obedience on any human is forbidden especially in this family!"

" I know that..."

"Apparently not! Rory...I am terribly sorry for what my son did to you...and as for you Mr. In the livingroom...NOW!"

He bit his lip and slowly stood doing as he was told, not even looking at Rory as he and his parents left the table so they could scold him further privately, leaving the human with his siblings.

"Well...Luc has become rather ballzie...I wonder what Mother will do to him.."

"Probably nothing too serious...he is still young..."

Olivia turned to Rory, looking concerned for the human. "It must of been quite terrifying to be controlled and mutilated like that...But rest assured that only Purebloods have that ability to bend others to there will..."

"Indeed..."

Guest syaoran-puu

“I see....” he considered that, “the boys weren’t allowed in the girls dorms at the orphanage... didn’t mean it didn’t still happen.” Rory was trying to be careful with his words, but he didn’t think the idea was as easy as setting rules and expecting them to be followed.

He shrugged softly. “I guess there’s nothing suspicious about it then? I wouldn’t know. I know nothing of private academies, I’m afraid. You’ll know far more than me.”

Rory froze when Luc said ‘don’t’.... had he done something wrong? The human couldn’t help but wince as Luc left with very angry looking parents. “Eh.....” he chewed his lip. Damn it. Luc was likely going to hate him for getting him into trouble! He didn’t argue that it wasn’t a joke, just sat quietly. He just felt bad for opening his mouth. Would protesting help?

“My, my,” Bastian grinned, “looks like Saint Luccy is finally falling from grace.” He smirked and sipped at his drink.

He looked at the human, “what did he make you do?” Bastian winked, “for our own curiosity.”

Rory blushed, his hand automatically clenching the button line of his shirt as he shook his head.

“Sex?” Bastian guessed, eyeing him. “Wouldn’t have thought he had that in him.”

“No! He didn’t do anything like that!” He glared at Bastian before sighing. “It doesn’t matter. He was just.... trying to prove I was too trusting. He wasn’t trying to hurt me.....” his cheeks blazed bright red, his heart racing. “He just.... wanted to prove that I was foolish for offering to do this exchange program.” He looked down. “Maybe he was right. How will it really change things.... I heard the way some of the other vampires spoke. They wanted to drain me.”

Guest Sosuke0549

Olivia and James looked at each other as Rory explained what happened...perhaps they were having a telepathic conversation.

"I suppose that makes sense...if you ended up with any other vampire family it could of gone ugly.."

"And sex? Really Bastian...ugh..He could have any person he wanted if that was the case...People throw themselves at you all the time.."

She scuffed, leaning back in her chair..."Who knows how long they'll scold him...Rory...if your done eating why dont we show you around. There is a photo alumb of you and your parents in the library...I'm sure of it."

"Do you wish to see them? You'll also be able to see us as children ~ Mind you I was the most adorable baby that ever walked this earth. " He joked. Olivia rolled her eyes, laughing. "Ha! In your dreams darling..~"

Guest syaoran-puu

Bastian shrugged, “but not Rory apparently. And we know how Luc feels there....” but he didn’t say more.

Rory felt like he was missing something important! But he didn’t pry. What did Bastian mean though? Luv hated him! Hated humans! Instead he stood up. “You have an album of me and my parents? But why?” None of this really made sense to him.

He found himself laughing as they teased each other. He was afraid to ask.... siblings... married? It wasn’t his concern though, he knew it happened all the time in the past.

“I’m sure everyone is cute to their mother.” Rory offered.

“Except Luc. Damn was he an ugly baby.” Bastian winked. “Thankfully, he grew into his feet eventually.” Lies but he was trying to lighten the mood a touch.

Guest Sosuke0549

"Why? Because your parents were here all the time...You really dont remeber anything do you?"

She chuckled.

"I know human children dont retain much in there early years, but I find it odd how much you dont remember."

"Hmmm...your right..."

They stared at Rory as if he was some kind of test subject.

James rose to his feet, offering his hand to his sister to help her up. She took it and stood.

"Would you like me to go get it Yuki~"

"No~ I dont mind Ren~ Be right back~" She giggled, flash stepping out of the room. To Rory, it would appear as if she suddenly disappeared...a few seconds passed ... before she suddenly reappeared with a book in her hand, kissing James on the cheek.

"That took you awhile...what happened?" He smiled. "Misplaced it...Here Rory...take a look~" She walked behind the others chair, setting aside his meal and placing the photo album in front of the boy.

Inside would be pictures of Luc's parent's...as well as pictures of James, Olivia, Bastian, and Luc as children ranging from age 3 to older. Near the very back of the pages is where Rory would find what he was looking for. Photos of his parents sitting with Ciel and Julia Hellsin...laughing? They looked quite happy...There were even a few pictures of Rory. Two of him as a baby, wrapped in his mother's arms, she was showing him off to the Julia and Ciel by the look of it...and in the later pages...Rory was a toddler, running around the Hellsin manner with...Luc? In almost evey picture of him...Luc was in the photo right by his side.

"Back then you and Luc were inseparable...It was hard to keep the two of you apart. " She chuckled. "The two of you were simply adorable..." In the photos Rory appeared to be five...while Luc appeared to be 10 or 12...he was much taller than Rory, and seemed to always be taking care of the human in the pictures.

"Why I remember the days you would cry when ever Luc wasnt around..."

"Oh yes..you had your moments where you were very annoying...But Luc had a way of calming you down. Thank god for that."

After twenty minutes of being yelled at, Luc finally returned to the dinning room with his parents. Julia looked to be in a better mood, smiling.

"Oh~ what's this. Your looking at one of our photo alumbs? How Delightful! "

Luc seemed to keep his distance, leaning against the wall. He was ready to leave

..but he knew Rory wasn't...and juggling by the way the huamn was looking at...he knew Rory would have many questions for him...Questions he couldn't bare to answer.

Guest syaoran-puu

Bastian rolled his eyes, “I wonder what could possibly have caused that.” He muttered under his breath. Humans were so fragile. So easy to manipulate.

“That was slow?” Rory smiled, chuckling in amusement at the pair. Reaching for the book he smiled at all the pictures. Eating them up and liking this small glimpse of their past. Baby vampires and... his parents.

Except? It wasn’t just his parents..... it was him too!? As he looked at photo after photo he muttered out loud; “how often was I here?”

“Enough.” Bastian shrugged. Leaning on the table near by and glancing at the photos. “Luccy was rather possessive of you back then if I recall. Wonder what changed?” Bastian smirked. Knowing all too well. At least to a degree.

Rory frowned at that. Possessive of him? Helped calm him down? In the photos they seemed so close and so happy! Like the best of chums. Yet Luc was cold, distant and harsh towards him now. “I don’t remember any of this.” Was that normal? To forget so much? “I don’t remember anything from before the attack really.” He’d never found that strange before... but now.... it made him wonder?!

He blinked as a tear dropped onto the page. Reaching up he wiped the tear away. He hadn’t know it was falling. Why was he crying? Except.... it felt like he had lost something, something he couldn’t remember but he knew was very precious to him.

He looked over when the others returned. Eyes seeking out Luc, who once more seemed cold and distant. What had changed?

Eventually Rory looked away, smiling to the siblings. “Thank you for showing me. I’ve never seen a photo of myself as a babe before.” He glanced back at a picture of his parents. Their faces just as he remembered.

Guest Sosuke0549

Julia frowned seeing that Rory was crying.

"Oh dear! I'm so sorry Rory...I didn't even think about how seeing these photos would make you feel. Are you alright ?" Rory simply nodded, whiping his tear away and even going as far to thank his siblings and parents for sharing the photo alumb with him.

Feeling like there wasnt really a reason to hang around, Luc silently excused him, leaving the dining room. He knew that Rory was safe with his parents and siblings...well...safe around James and Olivia at least.

He needed to get away and get some fresh air...it was starting to feel rather heavy in there. Perhaps this wasn't a good idea...taking you in....I fear that I made a mistake brining you back here...Your only going to get hurt...but damn it...this is your fault too...always getting into trouble...and it's always me bailing you out...damn it Rory..." He thought to himself...By now...it was nightfall and the moon was at his fullest.

Guest syaoran-puu

He appreciated the concern, but he knew that he wouldn’t change seeing the album. Rory simply shook his head. “Honestly.... it’s fine.” He continued to look at the picture a moment longer. “Would... would you mind if I took a photo on my phone of this?” He pointed to his parents. “I don’t actually have a photo of them...” maybe he could get one of a picture of him and Luc too? Investigate it later.

Rory couldn’t help but feel rather pathetic. He’d not done or said anything that really put himself in a good light to this family! He was surprised they still entertained him. Luc’s mum seemed so nice.... but he wasn’t sure he deserved it.

When he looked up again he realised that Luc and Bastian were both gone. Had he left him? Maybe he really was going to abandon him here after all? “I don’t know what happened between us.... but I think it might be time to.... give up on the program and leave him alone.” Rory hadn’t meant to say those words out loud.

Bastisn followed Luc, not leaving long after the others departure. “Leaving him to it again, Luccy?” Using his speed he moved to lean on the wall to the side of him. “Why did you even take him in?” He quirked a brow. “I was pretty sure you didn’t want anything to do with him... after that night.” He tilt his head. Watching.

He pushed off the wall. “How bad they shout at you?” He smirked.

Guest Sosuke0549

When Rory asked to take a picture, Julia smiled saying. "You can have it Rory...I will always remember your parents and there kindness. " James and Olivia couldnt help but notice that Luc and Bastian had left the room...they found it odd that Bastian was the one to follow after there younger brother...was he going to comfort him?

“I don’t know what happened between us.... but I think it might be time to.... give up on the program and leave him alone.”[/Quote] All the vampires turned to the human and most of them looked genuinely surprised by Rorys words.

"Oh...i...I see..."

" I guess that means the two of you dont get along anymore..."

"It figure's...Hes a pain to understand, not to mention stubborn..."

"Hm...what a shame...but do whatever you see fit..."

Luc sighed, frowning hearing Bastian's footsteps.

“Leaving him to it again, Luccy?”[/Quote]

Luc didnt even respond. Let alone look at his brother. He kept his eyes low and arms crossed. Hoping to shut out Bastian and eveyone else.

“Why did you even take him in?” [/Quote] He glanced up at his big brother, scuffing,"He would of gotten himself killed if I hadn't..." He muttered.
“I was pretty sure you didn’t want anything to do with him... after that night.” [/Quote]

"...shut up...idiot. "

“How bad they shout at you?”[/Quote]

Luc fell silent for a moment....in a way...Bastian and him were similar...and he already knew some of his darkest secrets...and to this very day...Bastian hadn't told his parents on him....but...was it wise to confide in him?"...Mother and Father...were pretty upset......Why'd you follow me out here anyway...is mischievous Bastian actually capable of carrying about someone other than himself?"

He smirked a little, but that smile was so fake that it hurt Luc to even attempt it. It was clear that the choices he made back in the past...were haunting him...that having Rory with him once more was...torturing him...

"...You know why I did it...right?...Why I erased his memories."

Guest syaoran-puu

“I can?” Rory looked at her in disbelief. “Thank you.” A face splitting smile in his face. He almost didn’t want to take it out and risk marking it, but with shaky hands he pulled the photo from its sleeve, rubbing a thumb over his mother’s face for a moment.

Rory always felt like he was close with his parents. But it was strange.... he couldn’t remember them really. Except that night.

He blinked and blushed. “Sorry! I didn’t mean to say that out loud.” He admits. Looking at them and rubbing the back of his neck. “Maybe I just don’t understand him....” he turned the page, looking at the picture of him Luc. “...I don’t remember this..... and it’s clear he doesn’t want me around him. He’s told me as much. I guess I’ve hurt him? He’s probably right that what I’m doing isn’t going to work anyway.” He wiped his hand on his trouser leg. “I think he only volunteered so that he didn’t upset you.” He looked to the guys mother and shrugged. “I didn’t mean to get him in trouble earlier..... sorry.”

Bastian nodded, “mum would have been upset about that. That’s for sure.” Still, something didn’t add up in his mind.

He rolled his eyes, “Ha ha.” He crosses his arms. “I do care. Mostly. Besides. I know more than most and I figured this can’t be easy for you. I can leave if you’re going to be rude.” He quirked a brow.

He shook his head. “If I did I can’t remember...” Bastian admits.

Guest Sosuke0549

When Rory suddenly apologized for his open thoughts the vampires couldn't help but smile at him. "Dont be...its fine..."

“Maybe I just don’t understand him...."[/Quote]

"Perhaps..."

Olivia shrugged and the parents and siblings listened to what Rory had to say and most of them didnt know how to respond.

Julia sighed hearing Rory apologize for getting Luc into trouble but shook her head, looking down at the photo alumb.

"You did nothing wrong Rory, its something I needed to know...He shouldn't have done that to you..." She adored Luc...he was her youngest son...she just hoped that he wasnt going threw a rebellious stage...Bastian was already a handful.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Luc glanced over at his brother, the two of them were never really close...even though they were rather similar. Perhaps that is why Rory tried so hard to get the two of them to play together all those years ago...he was so carefree and innocent back then...and he had such a caring and fragile heart.

Luc turned, getting lost in thoughts as he blankley stared up at the moon, bathing himself in the moonlight.

"I appreciate your concern brother...weather it's real or not...but your probably the least likely person I should be confiding it.....Your hard to read...but I'm sure you have some sort of ulterior motive...You've always been selfish. And I believe the only person you wouldn't dare betray is mother...Besides I doubt you could understand what I feel..."

He gave the man a sad smile as he began to head back inside, stopping for a moment to pat Bastian's shoulder.

"But for what its worth...I really did mean what I said in the beginning...Your concern I mean...If you'll excuse me..."

Luc headed back inside still looking as gloomy and irritated as ever, but more...relaxed oddly enough.

"Its getting late...Rory needs to sleep.." Luc muttered as he stepped into the dining room. His parents looked at one another before nodding in agreement.

"Will you be staying the night ?"

He nodded and Julia seemed to blossom with excitement.

"Oh how wonderful. All of my children back under one roof again! It's been years! Luc sighed shrugging his shoulders, but he was definently holding back a smile.

"Its not that big of a deal mother...I'll put Rory in the third guest bedroom. "

"Very well."

"Come on.."

Guest syaoran-puu

Rory looked up at lady a moment before nodding, a tender smile upon his features. “Okay. I still apologise for speaking out of turn.” The human wasn’t trying to be rude! They’d been so nice to him...

Before Luc returned he decided to brave something! Looking to Luc’s mother he asked; “can you tell me.... about how things were? About....” he turned and pointed to a picture of him and Luc. “This? It seems I was here much as a child....?” Why didn’t he remember? Nothing! Not even a flicker of any of it!

Bastian nodded at his brother, he hadn’t expected him to talk to him. Not really. Those times had long passed. Vanished into space.

Poof!

Like Rory’s memories of his childhood. Maybe he should tell his mother? Except.... one secret unravelling always led to others and he had secrets of his own to keep quiet!

Bastian paused a moment before returning to the dining room.

Rory heard Luc’s voice and looked up only to register what he was saying.... Rory did feel a little tired, the traveling mostly, but why did that mean Luc got to dictate his bedtime? Maybe Luc was just done? And didn’t want Rory to feel abandoned?

He sighed gently and stood. Nodding to the vampires softly. “Thank you for talking with me.” He looked at the picture. “And for this.” He held it close as he pushed the chair back under the table and walked over to Luc. He didn’t know how to take the man anymore.

They had a past together! It seemed. And yet.... Luc clearly didn’t want anything to do with him! Acted like they were complete strangers. Rory just a pathetic human that irritated Luc.

He followed Luc to this ‘third guest room’.... but eventually he had to speak. “Luc? I mean, Lord Luc? I’m sorry.” He frowned a little. He was sorry for so much. “For getting you in trouble with your mum... and...” he looked down at the photo of his parents. “And for forgetting you....” he frowned. “It looked like.... we might have been.... friends once?” He felt his heart pattering wildly in his chest.

Rory chewed on his lips little but fell silent as he looked back up at the vampire. It was better not to say too much.... right? Things had obviously changed for Luc over the years.... he looked to be ten in the photos while Rory had been five or six. Things had changed for Rory too! They weren’t the same kids anymore. Any friendship they’d had? That ship had passed.....

“Do....” he hesitated, not wanting to offend but needing to know. Maybe the fact it was him was proving too much? Luc had made it clear he didn’t want him in the first place. “...do you want me to give up on the program and leave you alone?” That meant leaving Asuna too. He’d be sad to leave her.... Luc too, if he was honest.... but maybe he was simply making things worse and not better?

Guest Sosuke0549

The vampires stared at Rory as he suddenly asked them if they could tell him how things were between him and Luc.

"Well...what do you wanna know?" Olivia asked, her eyes falling down to the pictures of him and Rory. She shrugged, "The two of you were close...well..Its more like you couldn't let go of him...You followed Luc around everywhere...And your parents would come over twice, sometimes three times a week."

"At the time we were trying to establish a peace treaty with the Hunter Organization...aswell as the possible idea of setting up an Academy for both humans and Vampires... "

"You were a very lively child, always wanting to run around and play...Yuki and I would sometimes entertain you...Bastian as well but for some reason...You were attached to Luc more."

"Come to think of it...you always threw a fit whenever your parent's had to leave...You always wanted to spend the night and stay with Luc....I'm not quite sure what changed..."

“Thank you for talking with me.And for this.” [/Quote]

"Of course dear, any time~ "

Luc said nothing as he guided Rory up the stairs and down the long marble tiled hall ways...but he knew Rory was bound to ask him questions, so when Rory suddenly spoke up, he continued to walk...

“Luc? I mean, Lord Luc? I’m sorry.”[/Quote]

"For?"

“For getting you in trouble with your mum... and...And for forgetting you....”[/Quote]

"It doesn't matter..." He muttered. His space slowing down as they finally reached the room. He opened the door for Rory.

“It looked like.... we might have been.... friends once?”[/Quote]

Luc wouldn't make eye-contact with Rory. He simply sighed, slipping his hands into his pockets, leaning against the door frame.

"That was a long time ago....Now go on...I'm sure your tired..."

All this time Luc wasnt looking at Rory and in all honesty he didnt want too...He felt like if he did then his entire lie...his entire world would come crashing down! He waited for Rory to head inside, but the human stopped, turning towards him, and his words were full of sadness and hesitation.

“Do.......do you want me to give up on the program and leave you alone?” [/Quote]

Luc bit his lip, sighing heavily. He finally turned and looked at Rory...and immediately he had regretted his decision. He saw so much hurt and desperation in tho pretty emerald eyes of his...

He had two options...confess....and tell Rory the truth....or...Hurt him again...in order to protect him...

It was a difficult decision to make...one that practically broke his heart all over again. He had lost Rory once...and now

..he was about to do it all over again..

"Yes...To be honest I'd prefer if you give up on both worlds...You dont belong with the hunters..and you don't belong here...You should live a normal human life without vampires or the Hunter organization.....Give up on your parents ideals...focus on your own dream...Purse something else...Otherwise...you'll end up just like your parents or worse....."

Rory was still too fragile for this world....and Luc refused to bring him head first into it...

So he would lie...and hurt the one person he truly cared about...in order to protect him for a cruel fate...He needed to let Rory go...so he'd have a chance at a normal and happy life...

"Anymore questions...or are you finally done."

Why do you torture me...Rory...Please just stop...dont look at me like that.....

He thought to himself feeling his heart break in two.

Guest syaoran-puu

Rory didn’t know what had changed either, but he realised part of him mourned a childhood he couldn’t remember and the happiness clearly on his face in those photos. He couldn’t remember being that happy at the orphanage or later.... was he even happy now? It was like part of him was missing. He’d thought it was his parents.... but what if it was more than that? More complicated?

He’d come to this house so often apparently. So why couldn’t he recall any of it? It was rather frustrating.

Those thoughts carried with him even as he spoke with Luc. Once more Luc reacted as he always did, why he had hoped for different he didn’t know. I’m just some pathetic human that probably bugged him when I was a toddler. He probably only entertained me because of our parents. Rory’s heart ached at his own thoughts, but it seemed once more confirmed by Luc’s words and actions.

His message very clear. Go. You don’t belong in my world anymore.

Rory looked at him for a moment longer then nodded. He was too tired to fight. “Okay..... I’ll pack up and leave then.” Even as he said it, sadness clenched him. He’d failed. But it felt like more than that. “But you don’t get to dictate my life. Your suggestion has been noted.... but I’ll just have to find someone else to.... try again with.” There was a stubborn set to his jaw as he entered the room and headed to the bed. He pulled the jumper over his head, trying to avoid the vampire at the door.

Am I really such a hinderance and annoyance to him? He’d tried everything to follow his stupid rules! To not get in the way at the house. He’d even helped with the chores. Maybe he’s right and there can be no peace between vampires and humans.... As always when such thoughts fluttered to mind, the bites upon his skin hurt and seemed to tighten.... all in his mind, of course. Maybe the Hunters we’re right? Vampires will never truly accept humans. Not all of them. Some might try, but there will always be conflict. One silly little human isn’t going to change that..!

Even if they really wanted to. He looked at the photo of his parents. They’d lost their lives to the very creatures they’d wished to befriend.....

...but would his failure spur on war between the halves again?

More blood.

More violence.

More death?

He didn’t want it on his conscience.... but he’d tried so hard, it was probably time he accepted that he’d failed.

Guest Sosuke0549

Luc couldn't help but hear Rory's negative thoughts...but...he didnt say anything nor was he surprised when the human agreed to leave him. What surprised him was the others desire to continue his program with someone else.

“But you don’t get to dictate my life. Your suggestion has been noted.... but I’ll just have to find someone else to.... try again with.” [/Quote]

"Y-your joking.." He said, looking baffled. Why did Rory have to be so god damn stubborn! He took a step toward the other only to watch Rory turn away and hide in his room, immediately crawling into bed and throwing the covers over himself. Luc just stood in the door way, running a hand over his face. He was frustrated...and the thought of Rory ending up with some other vampire made his skin crawl. What if something happened to him? How could he be so trusting?! So foolish!

Am I really such a hinderance and annoyance to him?[/Quote]

No...that wasnt it....Luc adored Rory...he still did.

Maybe he’s right and there can be no peace between vampires and humans.... Maybe the Hunters we’re right? Vampires will never truly accept humans. Not all of them. Some might try, but there will always be conflict. One silly little human isn’t going to change that..![/Quote]

Luc stared at Rory as he heard his thoughts. This is what he wanted...and yet...

Luc stood by Rory's door for what felt like hours but...were just mere seconds. He found himself swimming threw a sea of emotions that he could just barely handle.

Why...Why was Rory so bent on being apart of this world!! Why when he could have more?!! Luc bit his lip realizing what he had to do next was going to be the second hardest thing he has ever done in his life...make Rory...hate him..."Your an idiot. "

He stepped into the room, and closed the door behind him, locking it with his abilities. He then approached Rory's bed, his eyes glowing red with an irritated look on his face. His tone...chilling and yet...hypnotic. He yanked the sheets off Rory, glaring down at the human...Using Obedience on the human one more time. He knew Rory was scared of vampires...he just needed to remind the human of why.

"You think if you go somewhere else...other vampires will treat you differently?.... Take off your shirt... He ordered....And Rory's hands would involuntary begin to unbutton his shirt...however this time....Luc wasn't going to stop so soon.

He waited until Rory removed his shirt, his eyes rather dark and inhuman.

"Your pants...take them off...and...your not allowed to talk~" Immediately Rory would feel his lips shut, and the next thing his hands did was remove his pants, leaving him in his underwear. By now Luc could see the fear building up in Rory's eyes...as well as tears...his heart beat was racing but this wasnt enough...no...he needed to keep going.

"Get on the ground...and bow at my feet...." He ordered....and with little resistance, the boys body complied, climbing out of the bed only to get on his hands and knees and bow before Luc half naked.

With Rory's head down he roughly stepped on the humans head, pushing his face into the ground.

"Do you get it now? I can make you do anything I want....We purebloods have the power to bend any living creature to our will...Do you really think going to a different vampire will change things? That they wont abuse you, bite you, rape you...or even suck you dry?"

He scuffed, seeing Rory temble....

Not yet.

Luc removed his foot, and grabbed Rory by his hair, pinning his upper body to the bed, his fangs appearing from his gums as he suddenly licked Rory's neck.

"I could bite you right now...force you to have sex with me if I truly wanted...Your powerless against me...and against any vampire..." He whispered, slowly releasing Rory and freeing him from his Obedience. The boy now looked traumatized, stricken with fear and anxiety. Tears running down his face and body trembling like a leaf in the wind.

"My family won't always be there to protect you...You dont belong in this world Rory....so leave...become a normal human....And Quit while your ahead" He sighed turning away and leaving the room, slamming the door behind him. He paused for a moment...gripping his chest as tears began to fill his eyes...it had hurt so much to hurt Rory....

Damn it!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

He stormed off, heading straight to Bastain's bedroom, immediately barging in. He ignored his brothers words, threats, and protests, grabbed him by the collar and immediately sinking his fangs into his neck, tears now streamed down his face as drank his brothers blood hoping to quench his thirst and desires. He was desperate and clearly distraught. It wasn't uncommon for Vampires to feed on each other, even though doing so did nothing for them, it was a way to help cope with there desire to feed on someone else...

And at this very moment...he knew Bastian wouldn't push him away...plus...he was the only person who could handle him in this state, much less understand him...

After feeding from his brother he retracted his fangs, his lips stained with blood. He slowly released Bastian, unable to look him in the eyes, he slowly sat on the man's bed, not even bothering to whip his tears away.

"Brother...Am I....a horrible person..?"

Guest syaoran-puu

Rory had gasped when Luc had walked in! Gasped as the covers were yanked away. Trembled at the look on Luc’s face!

You’re an idiot, felt like the understatement of the year!

Throughout it all, one question pulsed in his head... WHY?!

Why was Luc so determined to hurt him? To drive him away?

Why was he doing this?

His shirt and then his trousers were removed. He got on the floor like a dog, he was yanked onto the bed like a doll. Each action driving a stake of disparity and despair into his heart. Too different. Too helpless.

Rory could do nothing. The helplessness was heart shattering! Once more Luc did what he wanted! Once more he was harsh and trying to prove to him he didn’t belong!

So much for a family rule against this.... Rory whimpered and cried out in his mind until the tears were so strong they left his mind and manifested in reality.

As he was released; left trembling and weeping on the bed like any abandoned victim of trauma; Rory felt his mind shatter. The fragile pieces he’d spent so long trying to put back together after his parents death splintering once more. Fractures that would never be healed right again.

The utter, abject loneliness consumed him. An unhappy tornado of pain and misery swallowed him. He didn’t even bother to move. Just lay where he’d been left for the longest time before curling in on himself. I don’t belong anywhere. No one wants me. No one will ever want me. The fear clawed at him, Rory’s breathing struggling and raw. So many had come to the orphanage and saw a broken child due to his scars. The workers and teachers thought him broken because of his memories. He’d never had any friends, the students finding him too broken and odd to be nice to. The hunters saw him as broken because he didn’t want to kill vampire. The vampires saw him as a broken, pathetic human.... broken, so very broken.

The world was harsh and cold. He didn’t belong here. He didn’t belong anywhere. Maybe..... maybe death would be his only escape from the hell that was his lonely existence?

He squeezed his eyes so tight, curled in so tight, wanting to just vanish! Rory knew he couldn’t really but it felt like Luc still had a grip on him, his powers still pulsing in his mind, claws that refused to release him. It was a horrible lingering presence and pressure in his mind he just couldn’t escape....

————

Bastian looked up, expression lazy at first until Luc stormed over and sunk his fangs into his neck. “Omphft.” Was his only grunted protest as just brother fed. He wasn’t sure what was going but allowed it.

When Luc finally released him he licked his own finger and rubbed the saliva over the bloody holes left behind. “We talking in general or is there something in specific you want me to critique?”

Bastisn abandoned the holes on his neck to look at his brother. Taking in his distraught appearance and haunted eyes. “Please tell me you didn’t drain the little human in mothers house? Because God saved you if you have.” Despite his words, he didn’t really care if Luc had. He sat beside him, grabbing his chin, pulling his face up so he had to look at him.... Bastian could see Luc’s haunted eyes. “Must be bad to have you like this.” He released him. “But no. You’re not generally a horrible person. But from what little Rory was telling our siblings during your lecture by mother, you’re definitely not the nicest either.” Bastian shrugged. “I’m not one to comment though.... so. Spill.” He ordered. “What’s going on? What’s put you in such a dramatic tizzy?”

———-

Rory couldn’t remember pulling his shirt on. Couldn’t remember climbing out of the window. Or wandering in the garden aimlessly, half naked. His body seemed to move on its own, the tears still streaming their silent path down his face. He was a hot mess right now.

Usually the outdoors helped to sooth him.... but right now? His chest just felt tighter. More desperate. More alone. More..... Just more.

Rory sat eventually. Sat in the middle of a grassy section, surrounded by sweet smelling flowers. His head tilted back as if Looking up at what would normally be considered a beautiful moon with defeated and empty eyes.

Luc might have been his friend a long time ago. But now? He was just a monster.

Guest Sosuke0549

Bastian seemed unfazed by his behavior. Nor did he seem too care that he bit him.

?We talking in general or is there something in specific you want me to critique??[/Quote]

"I'm...serious.." He muttered.

?Please tell me you didn?t drain the little human in mothers house? Because God saved you if you have.?[/Quote] Luc frowned in disgust, rubbing his eyes.

"No...I would never...Why do you think I'm here." He hissed, however his distraught demeanor seemed to fade away as Bastian suddenly sat beside him, lifting his chin and forcing him to meet his gaze.

?Must be bad to have you like this...."[/Quote]

He released his chin and Luc listened as the man said that he wasnt "generally a horrible person " But he disagreed with how he'd been treating Rory.

?I?m not one to comment though.... so. Spill...What?s going on? What?s put you in such a dramatic tizzy??[/Quote]

Luc stayed silent for a long moment. Ever since that day...he had locked himself in darkness and didnt want to let anyone in... He was scared of getting hurt again.

"I still...want to protect him....And back then...I did what I did...because I thought it was the right thing to do...and I tried so hard to forget about him...hoping he was leading a normal human life...one where hunters and vampires didnt exist and yet...Hes still here... He doesn't listen...he wants to be apart of this dark world even though he shouldn't....I got so angry....and I thought...If I could make him hate me...then it would remind him why he hated and feared vampires in the first place...but I.....I...." He hung his head in shame, as tears began cloud his vision.

He was in so much pain...

{ 16 years ago }

"Rory~ Where are youuuuuuu? You know I'm gonna find you..." A eight year old Luc chuckled as he searched the house for a five year old Rory. They were playing hide and seek, however you didnt want to be found because Luc was also the tickle monster.

He checked behind the door, the closet, and even underneath the bed...but nothing...until he heard small foot steps running down the hall and giggling. He smirked, following the noise, which lead him to the library where his older brother Bastain was reading on the couch...

"Hide and seek again." He muttered, looking unamused and a little irritated.

"You say that but I know you wanna play~ "

"Not in a million years..." He smirked, gesturing over to the window where the curtains were closed and Rory's feet stuck out from underneath them. He winked at his brother and slowly approached the curtain. "Hmmm~ Where could he be?" He suddenly pulled the curtain back, surprising the huamn and making him jump. "Gotcha!!!" He playfully grabbed Rory and began to tickle him, and the room immediately began to fill with laughter as Rory laughed and struggled to get away.

"Hahahah! Non-stop it stop it Hahaha! "

After tickling the boy for a few seconds he stopped his assault and pulled Rory into a tight hug. "Your getting better at hide and seek~" He glanced at the clock seeing that it was almost noom. "Lets get you something to eat..."

"Ok Kaname. "

Luc smiled, releasing him and letting Rory climb on his back... at this age the boy loved piggy back rides. However, Luc didn't mind carrying the human...he was extremely light and he loved being close to him.

At this point in time...the two were inseparable and whenever Rory and his parents came to visit, Luc was always there, ready play with Rory.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Rory! Sweetie...its time to go!" Mrs. Cross yelled as she and her husband stood by the door, saying there farewells to his parents.

Luc quickly brought Rory to his parents. By now it was very late, and Luc had once again spent the entire day with the human. The boy was fast asleep on his back and Mr. Cross couldnt help but laugh.

"You really are amazing Luc. It takes us forever to get Rory to fall asleep. "

Mrs. Croas continued, "You two really are close..Thank you for taking care or Rory. He's always so excited to come see you."

Mr. Cross gently pulled Rory off his back, and carried the huamn in arms, keeping him close to his chest. It was clear just how much Mr. and Mrs. Cross loved there son...He was there everything.

"We'll be back again Julia. As always I love seeing the two of you."

"I'm already looking forward to it...get home safely. "

Luc smiled as he waved goodbye to them, already eager for the weekend to come so he could see Rory again...but if he had known what was to come in the next few hours...then perhaps he could of saved Rory's parent's.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"This is a terrible idea. " Bastain reminded him again as the two of them walked threw the dead on night in seven inches of thick snow. "I know but...He forgot his teddybear...and I know Rory hates sleeping with out it..."

"I get it but they live so far away...and you know are parents wont be happy if they find out we snuck out. You could have at least waited until tomrrow."

"...Yeah...I guess your right but I..."

"Whatever...what's done is done..let's just hurry up and give him his stupid bear and get back before mom fi----"

Bastian entire demeanor suddenly changed as he began sniffing the air. "W-What the--"

Luc could smell it too. The two of them looked at each other in confusion and alarm.

"Blood...and...theres a lot of it..."

"Y-you don't think---Ah! HEY WAIT!!! LUC!!!....agghh!! "

Luc immediately bolted towards the Cross's home with inhuman speed...and as he got closer...the more overwhelming the smell of blood became.

No...no no no! Please be ok! Please be ok! PLEASE BE OK!!

Luc suddenly stopped in his tracked, gasping as he saw that the front door of the Cross's home...had been broken down...his eyes glowed a demonic red already feeling his throat start to burn...there was so much blood in the air...and at this age...he didnt know how to control his thirst....but despite all that...without even thinking he ran into the house, frantic.

And what his saw next...made him freeze up. The house was a mess....there had clearly been a fight between the Cross's and someone else but it looked like a stright up massacre and the two humans now laid lifeless on the living room floor in a pool of blood. Luc dropped Rory's teddy bear, and screamed in agony. "AGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! " Tears in his eyes, as he fell to his knees, shaking. There was so much blood! So much blood! It made him so fucking hungry...controlled by his thirst and hunger he reached for Rory's dead parents, needing a taste...just one little taste! But thankfully.. Bastian stopped him, grabbing his arm tightly, he too looked to be in pain...overwhelmed by the blood...but was some how fighting the urge.

"DON'T! We gotta get out of here, now!"

Luc stared up at him...his sanity returning only to realize that if Rory's parents were dead...where was he?

"R...Rory..."

He smacked Bastian's hand away and frantically searched for the huamn child. Kicking down doors, moving and searching each room with lightning speed...until he found Rory curled up and crying in his parents closet. He was covered in blood and...bite marks but...he was alive! The boy screamed when Luc found him, trembling in fear. Not only did he smell of fresh blood but also of urine. It seemed he had wet himself.

"Its me...Rory...I-its me..." He looked up at him confused and terrified...and it took the human a few seconds to realize that it was indeed Luc...he had never seen his glowing red eyes before, much less his fangs.

But something was off...rather than look relieved...Rory appeared to be even more scared.

"LUC!!!" Bastian shouted, hearing the sound of cars pulling up in the drive way. He had never seen or experienced this type of reaction before...For once in his life...Rory looked at him as if he was some kind of stranger...like...he was a monster. He turned away, shouting to his brother.

"I FOUND HIM! HE'S ALIVE!"

"Then grab him and go!!! I cant stand this smell any longer!!"

Dispite Rory's protest and screaming, Luc grabbed him, quickly picking him up in his arms and jumping out the window.

By now...Rory was frantically crying and shaking. Screaming for his parents and to be let go.

He didnt even realize who Luc was...all he saw was his blood stained clothes, eyes and fangs...he couldn't tell that he was Kaname...and judging by his reaction...and how gruesome his parents murder was...it only made sense that a vampire had done all this.

A group of hunters had shown up, and took Rory away from him. Which was no doubt the best thing for the human. The Hunters then questioned him and his brother and called there parents so they could come retrieve them...as well as deliver the horrible news that Mr. And Mrs. Cross were dead.

{ One year later }

Luc sighed softly as stepped inside Saint Grace Orphanage. A place Rory had been living at for a couple of months now. With his parents gone...and no other next of Kin on record, it was decided that Rory should be placed with Nuns at a special orphanage. One that existed for children who lost there parents due to vampires or were killed in the line of duty being Hunters.

Despite everything that happened...Luc had convinced Lady Teresa to let him visit Rory. Ever since that faithful day...Rory stopped talking...and was having a difficult time adapting to his new life and the Nuns that took care of him. The first time he visited..Rory seemed hesitant of him...keeping his distance...but by the fourth visit...he was comfortable with him....and by the eighth he was getting Rory to speak! Which was tremendous progress given that fact that he hadn't said a single word to his caretakers in months....

"Kaname!" Rory turned smiling brightly as he approached Luc, hugging him tightly. By now...Luc looked to be ten years old. While Rory was six. Vampires grew up and matured much faster than humans.

"Hey Rory~ Its so good to see you. Have you been behaving?" He smaller male nodded, before pulling at his hand, eager to play.

"W-will you...p...play with me.."

"Of course~"

Luc would try his best to visit once or twice a week if possible...So much had happened to Rory...and little by little he was helping him heal...or at least that's what he thought...

He had come to visit Rory again and everything was going smoothly. He was reading Rory a book, but today he couldnt help but notice how much Rory was staring at him...it was more than usual.

"And so...the ugly duckling cried and cried...feeling so alone and worried that he might never find his mo--"

He stopped reading to Rory as the human suddenly got closer to him, touching his face... Luc wasnt quite sure what Rory was doing...but he really had missed his touch..so rather than stop him...he simply allowed Rory to do as his wished...but his fingers moved over to his lips....and then....he touched his fangs, which caused Rory to suddenly pull away and scream. He covered his mouth, cowering in fear....

Perhaps he had gotten a unpleasant flash back from the day he lost his parents or form the vampire that bit him.

Even though Luc would never do anything to hurt Rory...he was too young to understand that. Seeing that he had scared him Luc imminently pulled away, removing himself from the couch. Lady Teresa was quick to barge into the room, looking worried and frantic after hearing Rory shout but Luc was quick to reassure her.

"Every thing is fine...It seems I have scared him...I'll be taking my leave now..." He glanced back at Rory offering him a tender and yet sad smile. "I'm sorry if I frightened you Rory...I'll go okay?...bye bye..." He smiled again, waving goodbye to the human....

That was the last time he willingly visited Rory. After that he told Lady Teresa that he would no longer come to visit the human and to only contact him if it was an emergency...

Weeks passed with no sign of Luc...until one day...he got a call from the orphanage. Apparently Rory had revered back to his old ways...no longer speaking...and now...he was refusing to eat...His nightmares had returned and he was distancing himself from the other children. Lady Teresa was desperate and urged him to come see Rory. With a heavy sigh he agreed to come and check on Rory...and to his surprise the boy had lost eight pounds!

"How could you let it get this bad?"

He muttered to the women in irritation. Rory was now seven..and he practically tackled him when he stepped into the room, hugging him tightly.

"I'm sorry I left you alone for so long Rory...please...don't cry..."

He sighed softly, kneeling down so that he was eye-level with him, and he quickly pulled the boy into a hug. He looked up at Lady Teresa. "Could you give us a minute." She nodded, before leaving the room and closing the door behind her. "Rory...hey...look at me...Why haven't you been eating? Lady Teresa told me that you wont even talk anymore...." Rory said nothing....he just continued to cry, grabbing on to his shirt tightly. Luc couldn't help but give the human a sad smile, creasing his cheek and whipping his tears away.

"I can't fix the problem if you wont tell me what's wrong......please...talk to me..." Rory only stared at him, his crying was slowing down but it was obvious that the boy was distraught. Luc really didnt have time to spend with the human but....he didnt want to leave him in this state.

"Okay...that's fair....you can tell me when your ready...." He sighed and slowly rose to his feet, noticing that Rory hadn't let go of him...not even once since he stepped into the room. He looked down at the huamn and began to walk around the room....and of course Rory didnt let go...following him everywhere.

I see....he did all that just to get my attention and now...hes afraid I'll leave him again...

He knelt down to Rory so he could be at eye level with him again and offered him a kind smile. "Rory...You cant keep doing this....You had me and Lady Teresa extremely worried about you...If you want to see me...you could of asked Lady Teresa to call me..." He tired to look Rory in the eyes but the human just kept his head down, tightening his hold on him.

"Rory...I have to go...I don't normally visit you durning this time because I'm really busy...I will try to come see you over the weekend ok...so please...eat for me until then..." He patted his head and stood, taking a step toward the door but he felt a small tug. He sighed again, why was Rory so stubborn. When he looked back down at the human...Rory was crying again. "Hic...hi..hicc- N-no...d-dont go k-Kaname..hic...P-please...d-do go...t-take me with you! I wanna be with you! "

Rory felt safe with him....and when ever he fell asleep next to Luc all of those nightmares of the day his parents died and of him being attacked all seemed to vanish. He could smile...he could laugh....he could heal....but only if Kaname was there. "I-im sorry! Hic- I'm sorry I got scared...that's why you havent some to see me....you hate me now! I'm sorry I'm sorry hic! S-sorry! S-sorry hic...hic!"

"Hey...hey...stop...that's not true Rory....I could never hate you....In fact....I love you very much..." He hugged the human tightly, as he gently ran his fingers threw his hair. He heard the boys thoughts....secretly diving deep into this mind and realizing just how much Rory was suffering.

"You cant go with me Rory....this is the safest place for you..."

"But I wanna be with you! You promised! Your promised me that we'd always be together! So why! Why cant I live with you! I wanna live with you!!!"

If only it were that simple.

"Shhh....I know....please calm down....I'm going to fix everything Rory..I promise you'll be happy..." He bit his lip as his eyes began to glow and cupped the back of Rory's head...

"I'll make you forget..me....." And just like that, he erased all of Rory's memories about him and his family.

"K-K....an....a..me?"

Rory fainted, and Luc quickly caught him, gently setting him down on the couch.

"Rory....I'm sorry....but it is better this way....I truly do...love you..." He laid a small kiss on the child's forehead and quickly left the room.

He informed Lady Teresa about what he had done...and to not contact him ever again. He knew how stubborn Rory could be...and he knew the boy would continue to harm himself if it ment he got to see him. "Lady Teresa...The rest I leave to you...please take care of him..."

"Oh course Lord Luc."

He gave her a sad smile.

"Take care...."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"What took you so long." Bastian complained as Luc climbed in the back seat. They always had a butler drive them to the orphanage in secret and Bastain was the only one aware of the fact that he visited Rory. He actully sat in the car and waited for his brother to finish checking on the human evey single time because Luc didnt like going alone. However this time he noticed that his younger brother was acting different..." Luc?...What's wro--"

Luc laid down in the back seat and rested his head on his brothers lap, sobbing. He hadn't seen Luc like this since that faithful day. "Damn it...your such a cry baby. What's wrong!"

Luc just continued to cry as the driver took them back home and he didn't stop crying until they reached there house and he had calmed down.

He then told Bastian what happened and why he did what he did...and for the first time in awhile....he hugged him tightly.

"...I'm sorry...." He whispered to him, and Luc could tell that he asshole of a brother was being sincere.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Luc had calmed down now but his eyes were full of sorrow as he explained himself to Bastain and how he used Obedience on Rory again in order for the human to hate him...well...the goal was for Rory to hate vampires but inside...it resulted in the huamn just hating him. "Y-you know...in the beginning it was hard to forget about him...but as the years went by...It got easier...and then...all of a sudden he pops back up into my life...and I see that all my efforts were for nothing....because he still decided to be apart of this world...our world....I feel like such a failure brother...I can't even protect him...and now... I dont know what to do..."