(Private RP) Another World <<syaoran-puu & Kotorichan>>

Guest syaoran-puu

Guest syaoran-puu

Vaughn kept his promise. Silent and watchful as he just tried to stay alert but out of it. He wasn’t a magic user, his shifting was a different sort of ability that was common among his species. He couldn’t control fire or ice or lightning. Had no defence against them either. He had no place in their world right now....

Brenton nodded, “yes. I think I can see it....” as he looked closer with his minds eye he commented, “it’s like a spiderweb. Each path leading to somewhere different, a different force or spell or form, but if you yank the threads together....” his hand exploded in flame, he grinned. “Well, you see it too.”

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries nodded slightly at the man's words. He didn't want to admit how jealous he was of Brenton. It had taken him months to get any control over his own powers when he was a child, and it was taking this horrible man mere moments to figure it out?

"There will be a teacher arriving to help you in a few days. He's the same man who taught me." Ceries looked away. "Until then I can give you some advice, but mostly you should probably focus on practicing your control."

Guest syaoran-puu

Vaughn was positive he saw jealousy flash over his Princes face. He wasn’t entirely sure what was going on... but he predicted this meant Brenton had a supply of magic that Ceries didn’t.

“Right.... so how do I do that? Just... sit and keep doing this? Or do you want me to practise aiming like the kitten did?” Brenton wondered, trying to experiment with the different strings in the web to simple see what would happen.

Vaughn was really starting to hate that nickname! He wasn’t a kitten! He was a mighty shifter with eight magnificent tails! He was powerful in his own right... yet this man treated him the same as you would a domestic creature! He grunted and glanced away, still keeping his word to remain silent.

“What’s the tutor guy called? Must be some really old dude? Right?” Brenton was only half focusing on Ceries. The fire in his hands far more appealing!

Guest Kotorichan

"the most important thing will be for you to be able to stop your fire from burning things. I think we have some straw training dummies so perhaps you can practice aiming at those and try to prevent the entire thing from catching on fire when you hit one." Ceries suggested.

He paused for a moment at the next question. "Ah... I can never remember how old Advyk is..." He frowned slightly and thought. "I was 14 when i attended his two hundreth birthday celebration so that would make him... 205?" He thought aloud. "Although he barely looks any older than I..."

"I suppose his exact age doesnt matter, his is still a wonderful teacher." Ceries said with a light shrug. "He is a Mersin prince, and has control over water. So he'll be able to help keep your fire under control."

Guest syaoran-puu

Brenton grunted but nodded, “okay. Straw men....” he looked to Vaughn, “go be a good kitty and fetch them?” Not really a question.

Vaughn growled at the other man but looked to Ceries for permission. He needed to shift and run later. He had too much pent up energy!

The age had Brenton stuttering, “how old? What the fuck!” He frowned. 205? And... “that makes you 19?!” He’d assumes Ceries was older, but it was clear what assuming did... it made an ass out of you and me!

“Right. Yeah. Water.” He cleared his throat, simply trying to absorb this new information.

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries nodded to Vaughn. "Please do." He hated letting Brenton speak to him like that, but if said anything he felt that the man would just do it even more.

"The Mersin people can live to be around one thousand years old, so even if he seems old to us he's actually quite young..." He explained.

His frowned as the man asked about his age. "Yes... I wasn't supposed to take the throne until I turned 20 but..." He trailed off for a moment. "Well, I'm sure you understand why that isn't possible now."

Guest syaoran-puu

Vaughn nodded and headed off to collect the items. He didn’t appreciate being used as an errand boy! But it was too late now...

“I see... and your people? How old do they tend to get?” Maybe it was a more ‘normal’ number? Brenton just nodded, dead daddy. At least the guy had a dad! He couldn’t claim the same. “Yeah... I get why.” He frowned. Brenton wasn’t one to get emotional, he couldn’t stand others emotions either!

Vaughn returned with three dummies, another guard behind him carrying three more. The pair went about setting them up.

Brenton took the opportunity to step closer to Ceries. “You know. That kitten of yours has a smoking hot body. I’m shock you’ve managed to resist him for so long.” Then again, 19? He was still just a kid, not that Brenton hadn’t been sleeping around since early teens.

Guest Kotorichan

"We can live to be around 100..." Ceries said. "What about your kind?" It would be nice if Brenton's life was significantly shorter, but somehow he doubted that.

His face flushed deeply at the comment about Vaughn. Brenton had to keep saying that kind of thing? And even in front of others? He bit his lip and looked away, he wanted to say something about how he wasn't like Brenton but he knew that would be too insulting.

"If there isn't anything else you need then I will excuse myself." Ceries huffed. "I need to change into something dry." He gestured towards his clothes that were still wet from his ice.

Guest syaoran-puu

“Not to far off us.” So being here was unlikely to extend his life then? Too bad. Living to be a thousand might have appealed.

Thankfully, Vaughn and the other guard didn’t hear Brenton. Once done he dismissed the other man and returned to the practising pair. Watching the exchange, were they standing closer?

“Already? I thought you wanted to stay and control me?” Brenton smirked, eyeing the mans wet body through the damp clothing. “It’s suits you. You should be dripping wet around me.” He grinned, “maybe I can heat you up and dry you off?” He purred, almost seductive in tone.

Brenton, in truth, just enjoyed teasing the other man.

Guest Kotorichan

"I see..." Ceries tried not to sound disappointed as he heard that Brenton's lifespan would be similar to his own.

His face grew even redder as he felt the man's eyes on his body. His wings fluffed up slightly. "No thank you." He said simply, turning away from the man. Even if Brenton could control his fire well enough to dry Ceries off without injuring him, he could see the man 'accidently' burning some of his clothing off in the process.

"Vaughn, I need your assistance with some things." He started to leave but paused for a moment to glance back at Brenton. "If you finish before lunch then please call for me... I have some things I need to discuss with you." He didn't want to clarify that he meant in private, just incase that gave the man the wrong idea.

Guest syaoran-puu

Brenton shrugged, he didn’t care what the other felt right now. It was a number, what happened before the end was more important!

Seeing Ceries wings fluff up made him laugh, for now the man still reacted, eventually he wouldn’t... which was okay too, it just meant other things to indulge in.

Vaughn nodded softly, still not speaking but he knew that he would go with the Prince. He didn’t want to open his mouth and make things worse.

Brenton’s curiosity was peaked. “Sure...” he turned his back, pretty much dismissing the man as went over to the dummies. He could take his frustrations out on them... he did that a few times then realised he couldn’t do that! He needed to focus on the web.... stupid web....

Vaughn waited for Ceries before walking with him back to the palace. He wanted to say something, a thank you perhaps, but in the end he remained silent.

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries stayed silent as he walked back to his bedroom to get changed. He nodded for Vaughn to enter with him, waiting until the door was closed to speak. "I'm sorry..." He finally said softly, lowering his gaze to the ground. He felt terrible for the way he was treating his friend, even if it was to protect him it didn't make it hurt any less.

He glanced up at Vaughn, wanting to throw himself at the man again, but he didn't feel like he deserved any kind of comfort after the way he had spoken to him. He took a shaky breath and turned away to get out some dry clothing.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vaughn shook his head. “You have no need to apologise to me, your highness. I overstepped.” He said softly, watching him a moment and then looking away so he could change. Things seemed so strained between them right now, he didn’t know what to make of it all. Not really. He wasn’t trying to make things harder on the Prince, but it seemed he was...

“If you do not require anything else, your highness, I’m sure you’d prefer to be left alone.” Or maybe he was running away from his feelings? Who knew. He knew he didn’t want to think too much about all this... about the fact that Brenton was.... winning.

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries froze, his eyes widening. "No, don't leave yet." He put the clothing back over and walked over to Vaughn, staring up at him with a panicked expression. "Why are you calling me that?" He couldn't keep his voice from trembling. Had things already gotten to that point? Vaughn couldn't even talk to him in private? It had been one day and he already felt like he was losing his only friend.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vaughn frowned down at the Prince, unsure what to say...

My pride is hurt.

I hate watching Brenton change you.

You’ve never behaved like this before.

I don’t know where I stand with you.

I don’t understand what’s happening.

I just want my friend back.

I’m not good enough.

Vaughn said none of that! He just looked down a moment, quiet and thoughtful. “Because you are a Prince.... and I am not worthy of your time or friendship.” He looked at Ceries, “I am making things harder on you... and that was never my intention.”

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries stared up at him for a moment, his eyes filling with tears. He felt like his heart was breaking. Somehow hearing Vaughn say those words hurt more than anything that Brenton had done to him.

"I..." He choked back a sob. "I'm sorry..." He finally managed. His shoulders slumped forward and he lowered his gaze to the floor again. Hadn't he said that he needed Vaughn by his side..? Why would he think that had changed overnight?

The only thing he could think was that Vaughn really did hate him now. He had been too harsh and let Brenton get away with too much, and now he had lost his only friend.

"If... If that is how you feel I won't force you to stay.." his voice shook with each word. "Please inform Mr.Black that I no longer need to speak with him... And that I will be unable to join him for lunch."

He turned away, trying to hold back the flood of tears until Vaughn was gone.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vaughn frowned. “Don’t apologise....” he whispered. Hating the way Ceries seemed so upset. It was clear he’d made things worse... again... had misunderstood or acted wrong.... again.

His feelings for Ceries didn’t waver. He loved this man, but he didn’t think he could ever truly have him? Could he? Especially with Brenton on the scene.

He went to reach for him... he should reach for him... “Ceries....” he dropped his hand and nodded, maybe this was for the best. “Of course, your highness.” He grit his teeth and headed to the door.

Vaughn put his hand on the door and looked back at the Prince. “I know you were only trying to protect me from him Ceries.... I guess my pride is just stung....” he admits, opening the door and stepping through.

Maybe it was time for a chance. Maybe he’d grown too comfortable...

Guest Kotorichan

"Vaughn..." Ceries turned towards the man again, tears starting to roll down his cheeks. He reached out towards him, but stopped himself as he stepped through the door. He hiccuped softly and let his arm drop back to his side. He wanted to run after him and beg him not to go, but he couldn't be seen making a scene in the hallway...

Guest syaoran-puu

Vaughn felt the worse kind of person as he walked down the corridor and headed towards Brenton and the training ground. He hesitated a moment to watch the other practising. He actually seemed like he was really trying... the dummies looked a little crispy in places though. At least he was taking it serious.

Play nice, he reminded himself as he stepped towards him. “Prince Ceries has requested I pass on a message.”

Brenton didn’t look over, he was sweaty and exhausted but kept attacking the dummies, “what?”

“He says he is no longer in need of talking to you... and he’ll be unable to meet you at lunch.” Vaughn watched a moment. Uncertain.

“He said what?” Brendon turned and looked over at him. “Not going to happen.” He grunted. “Why did he suddenly...” Brendon looked at Vaughn then, really looked. He looked dejected and upset. “Ah! It was about you then. You’re both on poor terms... today perhaps... him biting your head off?” He smirked a little and shrugged. “My, my. What a perfect time to strike.” He went to walk away.

That annoyed Vaughn! He grabbed the guys arm and pulled him back. “Why are you hurting him? He doesn’t need you abusing him right now!”

Brenton grinned, “so you know about our arrangement then? Good.” He eyed him, “I can tell you’re jealous. That I popped his cherry.”

And you made him bleed... Vaughn thought sadly.

Brenton pulled back. “If you’re not man enough to be honest, I don’t care what you do but stay out of my way. I’ll take what I want.” He walked away.

Deciding to look for the Prince Brenton started by knocking on the bedroom door, he’d gone to get changed... maybe if he’d fought with his kitty he’d still be there?

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries had barely managed to change into dry clothes before collapsing into bed, heavy sobs wracking his body. He hadn't bothered to put on a robe and so was only in his undershirt and pants.

He hugged one of his pillows tightly, shaking slightly as he cried. Ice began to form in his hair and wings. He had never felt so alone before, no matter what he had always known that he could turn to Vaughn for support, but now that was gone.

He raised his head at the sound of a knock on the door. "Vaughn..?" He called out weakly, feeling a shred of hope that his friend had returned to comfort him.

Guest syaoran-puu

Brenton heard Vaughn’s name... so Ceries was inside. He stepped in and closed the door behind him. “Not your kitten.” He quirked a brow, looking at the mess of the man in the bed. “So it’s mutual.” He huffed and rolled his eyes. “Get a grip of yourself.”

Vaughn hadn’t moved immediately... stuck to the spot with shock at what had happened. But he couldn’t stay and let Brenton hurt or harass the Prince more! He jogged back to the palace. Arriving at the Prince’s room and spotting Brenton enter. No! He growled, barging in without knocking.... except, he froze when inside. “Ceries....”

Brenton quirked a brow at Vaughn but rolled his eyes and sat down on the bed. “Pull yourself together.” He repeated you the Prince, “You’re meant to be King soon. You can’t be this emotionally weak. It’s pathetic.”

“Don’t call him pathetic.” Vaughn frowned and moved closer, “he’s not pathetic...”

Brenton looked over at Vaughn, bored. “I get it. You want to fuck him. You regret letting me near him. Whatever. But right now, you’re both being idiots. And you can’t afford to behave like children.”

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries grew pale at the sound of Brenton's voice. He couldn't even have a moment of rest? Had Brenton gotten frustrated with training and decided to come take his anger out on the prince's body?

He began to tremble even worse, curling up into a protective ball. "Please... Not right now..." He begged, wrapping his wings around himself protectively. "I promise I'll still go to you tonight... Please..." He didn't bother trying to get up to run, there was no point in trying to escape.

He only looked up when he faintly heard Vaughn's voice. He stared up at his friend for a moment, his expression hopeless.

He flinched as Brenton sat next to him on the bed, expecting to be hurt in some way. He sniffed softly at the man's words and hid his face against his pillow again. "I-I already know that..." He mumbled. "Why does it even matter to you..?"

Guest syaoran-puu

Brenton huffed, “As if I’d be interested right now.” This pathetic creature was not what he wanted right now. “But yes, tonight.”

He laughed, “because right now you’re my meal ticket.” He quirked a brow. “And this really is pathetic. If you’re going to act like this you might as well just let Voltus take over.”

Vaughn glowered at the man. This ridiculous man! “You have no r-“

Holding his hand up, Brenton interrupted, “-perhaps. Except Ceries knows I’m right.” He looked at the Prince then to Vaughn then back, “so, what did you originally want to talk to me about? You might as well just tell me now.”

Vaughn tensed a little.

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries bit his lip at the mention of Voltus. It was true... If he was incapable of ruling then he was no better than they were. He finally sat up straight, wiping his eyes and forcing himself to take a deep breath. He just had to keep pushing his feelings down. It didn't matter how much he was hurting, he had to hold himself together.

His resolve wavered as Brenton used his nickname. He had only ever been called that by the people he cared for most, and now it was being used my this monster.

He glanced at Vaughn when Brenton pushed him. He didn't know if Vaughn would even still be willing to help him with that sort of thing anymore... He quickly lowered his gaze and shook his head. "I'm sorry, it doesn't matter..." He finally said.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vaughn winced at Ceries, it doesn’t matter... he’s lost hope... his heart squeezed desperately at the, the pain hurting him deep inside. There really was no hope anymore. He needed to accept that.

Brenton snorted and crossed his arms, “it does matter.” He quirked a brow at the other. Challenging and waiting.

Vaughn looked to Ceries, “if the Prince says it doesn’t matter.... then.... it no longer matters.” Should he excuse himself? Probably? Right? It was clear he had no place here anymore. Ceries didn’t want to even be near him...

Brenton rolled his eyes, “so it’s about your kitten.” He looked at the Prince. “Let me guess. I’m an evil monster and you want a tender touch, thought he might be it?” He smirked. “Am I right?”