What is your personality type?

Yuuki_Chan

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yuuki_Chan

• Esteron

• Black Rose

• yukino kyo

Let me try this.

Here we go.

ISTJ

Introvert(56%) Sensing(86%) Thinking(50%) Judging(33%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)

You have distinctive preference of Sensing over Intuition (86%)

You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)

You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Portrait of an ISTJ - Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

(Introverted Sensing with Extraverted Thinking)

The Duty Fulfiller

As an ISTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

True.

ISTJs are quiet and reserved individuals who are interested in security and peaceful living. They have a strongly-felt internal sense of duty, which lends them a serious air and the motivation to follow through on tasks. Organized and methodical in their approach, they can generally succeed at any task which they undertake.

True. When something is given to me, i'll do it right away. I have this kind of mindset that there'll be another responsibility to take care of however, I do not complain and I do not know why.

ISTJs are very loyal, faithful, and dependable. They place great importance on honesty and integrity. They are "good citizens" who can be depended on to do the right thing for their families and communities. While they generally take things very seriously, they also usually have an offbeat sense of humor and can be a lot of fun - especially at family or work-related gatherings.

Tralse (Combined True & False) True because I like honest people and I place great amount of trust in them and False because... I am not a fun person to be with. >.>

ISTJs tend to believe in laws and traditions, and expect the same from others. They're not comfortable with breaking laws or going against the rules. If they are able to see a good reason for stepping outside of the established mode of doing things, the ISTJ will support that effort. However, ISTJs more often tend to believe that things should be done according to procedures and plans. If an ISTJ has not developed their Intuitive side sufficiently, they may become overly obsessed with structure, and insist on doing everything "by the book".

True. I always follow what are the given rules however I still think there are things that needs further studies and therefore, I would step out from the established rules. I have a friend who told me what he thinks of me and this one was almost exactly what he said. He told me i'm also half-traditional, half-modern.

The ISTJ is extremely dependable on following through with things which he or she has promised. For this reason, they sometimes get more and more work piled on them. Because the ISTJ has such a strong sense of duty, they may have a difficult time saying "no" when they are given more work than they can reasonably handle. For this reason, the ISTJ often works long hours, and may be unwittingly taken advantage of.

True. I can't say no when they place something on me. Especially if the people asking favours are very dependable ones a well.

The ISTJ will work for long periods of time and put tremendous amounts of energy into doing any task which they see as important to fulfilling a goal. However, they will resist putting energy into things which don't make sense to them, or for which they can't see a practical application. They prefer to work alone, but work well in teams when the situation demands it. They like to be accountable for their actions, and enjoy being in positions of authority. The ISTJ has little use for theory or abstract thinking, unless the practical application is clear.

Prefer to work alone, true. Drops things that makes no sense to me when working, very true. And I like not being a leader during group participations. It is such a pain and I do not like ordering people around. I prefer doing most of the job.

ISTJs have tremendous respect for facts. They hold a tremendous store of facts within themselves, which they have gathered through their Sensing preference. They may have difficulty understanding a theory or idea which is different from their own perspective. However, if they are shown the importance or relevance of the idea to someone who they respect or care about, the idea becomes a fact, which the ISTJ will internalize and support. Once the ISTJ supports a cause or idea, he or she will stop at no lengths to ensure that they are doing their duty of giving support where support is needed.

True. I'd have my own strong reason on a particular subject, however, when it comes to my friends or family who also gives very good point of views, it tends to change. And true. I do not like theories, theories, theories!

The ISTJ is not naturally in tune with their own feelings and the feelings of others. They may have difficulty picking up on emotional needs immediately, as they are presented. Being perfectionists themselves, they have a tendency to take other people's efforts for granted, like they take their own efforts for granted. They need to remember to pat people on the back once in a while.

True. Someone told me he can see me as a workaholic woman in the future which is something I want, to be honest but I'll really look out for that one. I am aware I do not take advantage of people's strengths in their job as of this time but I'll have to look out for this in the future. Perfectionist... a bit of it, yes.

ISTJs are likely to be uncomfortable expressing affection and emotion to others. However, their strong sense of duty and the ability to see what needs to be done in any situation usually allows them to overcome their natural reservations, and they are usually quite supporting and caring individuals with the people that they love. Once the ISTJ realizes the emotional needs of those who are close to them, they put forth effort to meet those needs.

No other explanation. Just true.

The ISTJ is extremely faithful and loyal. Traditional and family-minded, they will put forth great amounts of effort at making their homes and families running smoothly. They are responsible parents, taking their parenting roles seriously. They are usually good and generous providers to their families. They care deeply about those close to them, although they usually are not comfortable with expressing their love. The ISTJ is likely to express their affection through actions, rather than through words.

Also, BIG TRUE.

ISTJs have an excellent ability to take any task and define it, organize it, plan it, and implement it through to completion. They are very hard workers, who do not allow obstacles to get in the way of performing their duties. They do not usually give themselves enough credit for their achievements, seeing their accomplishments simply as the natural fulfillment of their obligations.

I'm not a hard-worker since I can get really, really lazy, too, but when I start my work, that's the time I think I working hard... or something.

ISTJs usually have a great sense of space and function, and artistic appreciation. Their homes are likely to be tastefully furnished and immaculately maintained. They are acutely aware of their senses, and want to be in surroundings which fit their need for structure, order, and beauty.

Acutely aware of my senses. Very, very true.

Under stress, ISTJs may fall into "catastrophe mode", where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. They will berate themselves for things which they should have done differently, or duties which they failed to perform. They will lose their ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with their visions of doom.

I have this "what is it won't work?" mentality sometimes. I mean, I am confident something I'd do would work but I still am a normal person having this kind of pessimistic approach of some things.

In general, the ISTJ has a tremendous amount of potential. Capable, logical, reasonable, and effective individuals with a deeply driven desire to promote security and peaceful living, the ISTJ has what it takes to be highly effective at achieving their chosen goals - whatever they may be.

Thank you. XD

Hmm? Hmmm....

• 2 weeks later...

ISFJ Introvert(44%) Sensing(12%) Feeling(38%) Judging(22%)

Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Committed and steady in meeting their obligations. Thorough, painstaking, and accurate. Loyal, considerate, notice and remember specifics about people who are important to them, concerned with how others feel. Strive to create an orderly and harmonious environment at work and at home.

I'm the Mechanic a.k.a ISTP

Introvert(89%) Sensing(25%) Thinking(25%) Perceiving(22)%

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)

You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)

You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)

You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

i believe i've taken a handful amount of Personality Test, mainly, this MBTI Personality Test.

i'm in between being an INFP and INTP since my (F)eeling and (T)hinking are balanced.

so here i got INTP as suspected. lol

Introvert(89%)

iNtuitive(62%)

Thinking(50%)

Perceiving(11%)

My results:

I'm the Nurturer.

INFJ

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(25%) Feeling(31%) Judging(1%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)

You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)

You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (31%)

You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

• 1 month later...

ESTJ

Extravert(17%) Sensing(6%) Thinking(1%) Judging(1%)

•You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (17%)

•You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (6%)

•You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)

•You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

- - - Updated - - -

ESTJ

Extravert(17%) Sensing(6%) Thinking(1%) Judging(1%)

•You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (17%)

•You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (6%)

•You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)

•You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

INFJ

Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(38%) Judging(22%)

You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)

You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)

You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

And a lot of the points of the type description is too true... That's creepy... O.O'

INTJ

Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(38%) Judging(22%)

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)

You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)

ISTP

Introvert(33%) Sensing(38%) Thinking(1%) Perceiving(56)%

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)

You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)

You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)

You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (56%)

Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test™

ISTP

Introvert (89%)

Sensing (25%)

Thinking (25%)

Perceiving (11)%

You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

INTP

Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(25%) Thinking(12%) Perceiving(11)%

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)

You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)

You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)

wow that actually sortta sound right!!!

ENTP

Extravert(44%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(1%) Perceiving(11)%

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)

You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)

Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ISTJ

Introvert(67%) Sensing(62%) Thinking(50%) Judging(67%)

•You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)

•You have distinctive preference of Sensing over Intuition (62%)

•You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)

•You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

• 3 weeks later...

not surprised

Your Type

ISFJ

Introvert(89%) Sensing(25%) Feeling(12%) Judging(44%)

You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)

You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

ENTP

Extravert(89%) iNtuitive(44%) Thinking(25%) Perceiving(44%)

You have strong preference of Extraversion over Introversion (89%)

You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (44%)

You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (44%)

"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are both funny and incisively accurate.

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their debating skills. ENTPs tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. This sometimes confuses, even angers, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. ENTPs can be prone to "sharp practice" – especially cutting corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient – or, their juggling acts may simply be so over-ambitious they collapse.

Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys" -- physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. Once these have been "solved" or become too familiar, however, they’ll be replaced with new ones.

ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they can become petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they regard as challenges, and tackle with determination.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. In general, however, they are genial, even charming, when not being harassed by life.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and suddenly with their loved ones. Some appear deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also quick to spot a kindred spirit, and good at acquiring friends of similar temperament and interests.

ENTPs may sometimes give the impression of being largely oblivious to the rest of humanity except as an audience: good, bad, or potential. In general this is unfair – but it can be difficult to get an ENTP’s attention when they’re not immediately aware of you, especially for an Introvert.

The best approach in communicating with an ENTP is to be straightforward. No games – they’ll win. No "pulling rank" – they’ll just want to put you in your place. No apologies – you’ll undermine yourself. Try "I need/want to talk to you."

(ENTP stands for Extravert, iNtuitive, Thinking, Perceiving and represents individual's preferences in four dimensions characterising personality type, according to Jung's and Briggs Myers' theories of personality type.)

Your Type Preferences

Extravert(89%) iNtuitive(44%) Thinking(25%) Perceiving(44%)

ENFJ

Extravert(1%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(38%) Judging(11%)

You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)

You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)

You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

Your Type Preferences

Extravert(1%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(38%) Judging(11%)

Because you appear to have marginal or no (1%) preference of Extraversion over Introversion, characteristics of more than one personality type may apply to you:

ENFJ and INFJ.

Functional Analysis Of The ENFJ

Based on Jung’s framework of mental functions - by Joe Butt

Extraverted Feeling

Extraverted Feeling rules the ENFJ's psyche. In the sway of this rational function, these folks are predisposed to closure in matters pertaining to people, and especially on behalf of their beloved. As extraverts, their contacts are wide ranging. Face-to-face relationships are intense, personable and warm, though they may be so infrequently achieved that intimate friendships are rare.

Introverted iNtuition

Like their INFJ cousins, ENFJs are blessed through introverted intuition with clarity of perception in the inner, unconscious world. Dominant Feeling prefers to find the silver lining in even the most beggarly perceptions of those in their expanding circle of friends and, of course, in themselves. In less balanced individuals, such mitigation of the unseemly eventually undermines the ENFJ's integrity and frequently their good name. In healthier individuals, deft use of this awareness of the inner needs and desires of others enables this astute type to win friends, influence people, and avoid compromising entanglements.

The dynamic nature of their intuition moves ENFJs from one project to another with the assurance that the next one will be perfect, or much more nearly so than the last. ENFJs are continually looking for newer and better solutions to benefit their extensive family, staff, or organization.

Extraverted Sensing

Sensing is extraverted. ENFJs can manage details, particularly those necessary to implement the prevailing vision. These data have, however, a magical flexible quality. Something to be bought can be had for a song; the same something is invaluable when it's time to sell. (We are not certain, but we suspect that such is the influence of the primary function.) This wavering of sensory perception is made possible by the weaker and less mature status with which the tertiary is endowed.

Introverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking is least apparent and most enigmatic in this type. In fact, it often appears only when summoned by Feeling. At times only in jest, but in earnest if need be, Thinking entertains as logical only those conclusions which support Feeling's values. Other scenarios can be shown invalid or at best significantly inferior. Such "Thinking in the service of Feeling" has the appearance of logic, but somehow it never quite adds up.

Introverted Thinking is frequently the focus of the spiritual quest of ENFJs. David's lengthiest psalm, 119, pays it homage. "Law," "precept," "commandment," "statute:" these essences of inner thinking are the mysteries of Deity for which this great Feeler's soul searched.

Let's see.

INTJ

Introvert(67%)

iNtuitive(38%)

Thinking(62%)

Judging(22%)

[*=2]
    You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)

[*=2]
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)

[*=2]
    You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)

[*=2]

With Introverted Intuition dominating their personality, INTJs focus their energy on observing the world, and generating ideas and possibilities. Their mind constantly gathers information and makes associations about it. They are tremendously insightful and usually are very quick to understand new ideas. However, their primary interest is not understanding a concept, but rather applying that concept in a useful way.

INTJs are natural leaders, although they usually choose to remain in the background until they see a real need to take over the lead. When they are in leadership roles, they are quite effective, because they are able to objectively see the reality of a situation, and are adaptable enough to change things which aren't working well. They are the supreme strategists - always scanning available ideas and concepts and weighing them against their current strategy, to plan for every conceivable contingency.

Other people may have a difficult time understanding an INTJ. They may see them as aloof and reserved. Indeed, the INTJ is not overly demonstrative of their affections, and is likely to not give as much praise or positive support as others may need or desire. That doesn't mean that he or she doesn't truly have affection or regard for others, they simply do not typically feel the need to express it. Others may falsely perceive the INTJ as being rigid and set in their ways. Nothing could be further from the truth, because the INTJ is committed to always finding the objective best strategy to implement their ideas. The INTJ is usually quite open to hearing an alternative way of doing something.

(That's..amazing.)

I got

ISTJ

Introvert (33%) Sensing (1%) Thinking (38%) Judging (22%)

Moderate preference of introversion over extraversion (33%)

Marginal or no preference of sensing over intuition (1%)

Moderate preference of thinking over feeling (38%)

Slight preference of judging over perceiving (22%)

INTJ

Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(38%) Judging(17%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)

You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)

You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (17%)

• 2 weeks later...

INTJ

Introvert 100%

INtuitive 38%

Thinking 26%

Judging 44%

Yeah, thats about right, thnx for the link :D

Mine

-------

ISTP

Introvert(67%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(12%) Perceiving(100%)

You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)

You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)

You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)

You have strong preference of Perceiving over Judging (100%)

The Mechanic

As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.

ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work. They're good at logical analysis, and like to use it on practical concerns. They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application. They like to take things apart and see the way they work.

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly.

ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".

ISTPs like and need to spend time alone, because this is when they can sort things out in their minds most clearly. They absorb large quantities of impersonal facts from the external world, and sort through those facts, making judgments, when they are alone.

ISTPs are action-oriented people. They like to be up and about, doing things. They are not people to sit behind a desk all day and do long-range planning. Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what is immediately before them. They usually have strong technical skills, and can be effective technical leaders. They focus on details and practical things. They have an excellent sense of expediency and grasp of the details which enables them to make quick, effective decisions.

ISTPs avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact. They are not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others. They do not pay attention to their own feelings, and even distrust them and try to ignore them, because they have difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments. This may be a problem area for many ISTPs.

An ISTP who is over-stressed may exhibit rash emotional outbursts of anger, or on the other extreme may be overwhelmed by emotions and feelings which they feel compelled to share with people (often inappropriately). An ISTP who is down on themself will foray into the world of value judgments - a place which is not natural for the ISTP - and judge themself by their inability to perform some task. They will then approach the task in a grim emotional state, expecting the worst.

ISTPs are excellent in a crisis situations. They're usually good athletes, and have very good hand-eye coordination. They are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends. They usually don't have much trouble with school, because they are introverts who can think logically. They are usually patient individuals, although they may be prone to occasional emotional outbursts due to their inattention to their own feelings.

ISTPs have a lot of natural ability which makes them good at many different kinds of things. However, they are happiest when they are centered in action-oriented tasks which require detailed logical analysis and technical skill. They take pride in their ability to take the next correct step.

ISTPs are optimistic, full of good cheer, loyal to their equals, uncomplicated in their desires, generous, trusting and receptive people who want no part in confining commitments.