What if the Seme is Shorter than the Uke??

DC20

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anessen

• Taelor

• YellowMelon

• RABiT

i actually prefer when the seme is shorter because it deviates from the norm a bit? i also love it when the seme has stereotypically feminine features or a 'cutesy' personality but is very dominating in bed. it's refreshing in a way. i just like to see things portrayed differently!! so many artists fall into that "one must be taller, one must be manly" trope but i think my favorite manga are the one that just present good characters instead of worrying about that stuff :-)

well...as an Uke myself..i prefer a taller Seme...coz it makes him look like as the dominant-type...and it makes me more secure and safe if he is taller than I... (just a thought)

• 5 weeks later...

Nope nope nope ! That won't do they will have to switch xD

It is a turn off. Seme and Uke have a specific definition and heigh is one.

Uke must be shorter or girlier than the seme is yaoi rule

For me it fits when the height difference is not so noticeable or easily ignorable. I think it works as long as the shorter seme acts more dominant and the taller one more uke-like.

It's a concept that I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more of. :)

Tall seme x short uke can get pretty repetitive, so I see height reversal as interesting territory. (Also dominate ukes~)

• 3 weeks later...

When I first started reading bl mangas, I thought it was strange to see the height difference. Now, I think it really depends on the couple. I think a shorter seme gives a couple an unique edge since it's not something that's done ubiquitously. I'm starting to like a deceptive seme who is shorter and more frail looking than the uke but actually a total beast inside. I mean "Kawaii Akuma" by Madarame Hiro, anyone?? I, for one, wouldn't have minded if the 'devil-seme' stayed shorter and cutesy as long as he was devouring his 'clueless-uke' to his hearts content. lol

i don't really mind the idea. i think seme and uke is more based on the character's personality rather than their height. but sometimes to say the least, it gets weird! specially when it's sort of a shota and you have this brat acting as the seme! that's just SO weird. all i can think about is if the uke can actually feel anything at all. and then there are times that it wouldn't just end at that. i once saw this kuroshitsuji doujin where Ciel was the seme. it was ok but c'mon you can't expect me to believe that Ciel can make Sebastian bleed!

but yeah if you're talking about a decent normal yaoi manga, then it would be Ok.

For me is that I don't really care as long there's great bits in it and usually when the seme is smaller than the uke, the seme would have like a large dick and yeah use your imagination....

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a nice change of pace- more realistic too. Your height doesn't dictate your personality/how you act in relationships y'know?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Umm, tall semes just play along to society's standarts - dominant partner is taller/muscular/careless, submissive partner is cuter/smaller/incompetent... I like it when it's a bit mixed, when the fact that somebody is seme/uke in relationship, wants to protect/be protected doesn't say anything about the way they like to dress, their hobbies etc. When it's all about the power dynamics between the two individuals.

Then again, I'm the philosopher. Maybe some people just like the obvious difference, obvious power play. To me, it's plain and dull.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love it when the seme's shorter! You get so used to tall seme's with big ass hands that seeing a shorter seme brings this new feeling. I guess since it sometimes also reverses the stereotype.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think it matters if the seme is shorter. If the seme is like reaally much shorter it can maybe look little funny, but if it otherwise fits the story and their personalities, then it's all cool. I like surprises and it is always a plus if it isn't certain by the first glimpse which one is uke and which is the seme.

Otona Keikenchi is one of my favorites for the reason that the Seme is shorter than the uke. Of course even though he's shorter he still has that seme aura. Haha. Then there's also Levi and Eren. I never see Levi as an uke, unless it's with Erwin. There's a new manga I'm reading where the uke us taller than the Seme and I like it so far as well. Buy then I also like things that aren't stereotypical.