The Great King of Avelon ((Yujiko x Akiravadel))

akiravadel

bending2.jpg

Name: Taki Akihito

Hair:Blond

Eyes: Deep purple

Position: Seke/uke

Bio: Being the oldest of three, Taki is next in line to the thrown. His father has been training him and teaching him to become a strict good king. Taki not wanting to upset his father tries to do everything he says but also tries to change things. His father ways are old fashioned and he doesn't forgive.

Working hard to be a better king then his father before him Taki strives to learn more about his people and to protect them.

Today was it. Men from all over the country were coming to compete to be knights at kingdom of Avelon. Taki stood by his window watching the men piling into the city to test out their strength and work to get into the few positions available to work side by side with the prince.

Little did they know the prince was looking for someone to be his right hand man as well. He wanted someone to also be his body guard and help him make decisions. Of course he had the council but he liked having others with experience in the outer lands to help him decide which decisions were best.

The blond was wearing his uniform with the chain-mail over it along with a heavy cape. Walking down to the common areas he walked amongst the men who were starting to learn of the princes good nature. Little did he know many of them respected him more than his father. Some bowed to him and he nodded back, "welcome to our kingdom. I hope you find all you need." He made sure they supplied enough food for them. There were nearly thirty men trying for the eight to ten slots available.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akiravadel

• Yujiko

random_cute_knight__by_degenuniques-d5k3c4g.jpg

Name:

Takehiko Torvald

Hair:

Silver

Eyes:

Magenta

Position:

Knight

New to the knightly scene, Takehiko was born into a long line of noble knights. His only goal is to bring that very same honor to his family. He was won many jousting tournaments, sword tournaments, and has even fought in a few wars.

He has been a knight for about two years now and he wants to settle down into a long standing job protecting his king's next heir. This in itsel would bring great honor to his family.

Takehiko trotted down the winding road on his white stallion. His crest engraved into a pendant on a necklace. He carried a sword given to him by a princess from Wales. Indeed it was... decorative- but it was said to possess elements so that when a knight would weld it he would have the power of God on his prevailing side.

Now reaching the castle of his King he began his way into the castle to gather there befor the prince- whom he had never seen or met before.

Taki smiled to all the men about. He helped one remove the heavy saddle from his horse and patted another on the shoulder. He heard another horse coming up into the kingdom and turned around a wind catching both of them blowing his blond hair around and ruffling his heavy cloak, "welcome. You look to be here for the competition."

The blond walked over to him and reached up to shake his hand, "please check in with the knights over on the side. Give them your crest and I shall see you at the feast tonight." He smiled up at the other man.

The older by age shook the hand of his superior. "Aye, your Majesty. Thank you. I shall see you as well sire..." His tone was elegant and strong. Hoping off his horse, Takehiko began for the entries table holding his crest and patents of nobility. he entered himself in all tournaments available, he liked to stay busy. But, with time on his hands, he had his squires put his horse in the stalls and feed it, preparing it for the jousting tournament.

Takhiko sighed with a light smile as he wondered the town, enjoying the feeling of being near invisible with his commoners clothing upon him. He wondered as to what he would wear to tonight's banquet.

Before long the tournaments was about to begin, now in his armor and on his horse he awaited his turn to ride to victory. With his time he glanced around the stadium, looking for any familiar faces. His announcer began to preach about his accomplishments and achievements- making him seem perfect. He was to joust soon.

The king sat in his chair surrounded by his eldest son ,Taki, the middle brother Cole and the younger sister Aiden. The king had lost his queen a couple years prior to an illness that he blamed on a witch who tried to become a local medical doctor. She had talked to the queen a couple days before she grew ill and died. Enraged his father called for her search and burned her in the town square. That day changed Taki, his father was someone he feared now.

The blond sat tall as he watched the men gather. There were many handsome men this year. The last tournament they held nearly five years ago, there were some older men and one tried to make a pass at Taki who beat the man nearly half to death.

"Welcome one and all to the Knight of Avelon Tournament. I'm glad to see such a turn out this year and such strong men from noble families. All of you have great accomplishments and I hope to see more in the future. Please begin," the king sat and nodded to the announcer who began the tournament.

Taki watched the men joust, having done so himself many times. He wasn't allowed to enter for many reasons, his father didn't want him hurt and this was for people to join their knights.

Takehiko was now ready as it was his time. Lance in hand he awaited for the flag to be lifted as signal to begin. One point for breaking the lance at the waist or chest, Two for knocking the helmet off (Which was difficult), and Three for unhorsing- not only, but if you unhorsed a opponent you got his horse. Three lances and the match was over.

Takehiko jousted like no other. Most would raise there chins just before hitting the opponent with a lance, but Takehiko doesn't. He keeps his eyes on his target often giving him the upper hand.

The flag was lifted and the First Lance was now in motion. Takehiko was already aimed and ready then- BAM!- His lance shattered knocking off the opponent's helm. The opponent missed Takehiko almost entirely, his lance glancing to the side. Slowing down Takehiko took another lance, ready for the Second Lance of the match. Once again the flag was lifted and he off once more. Bam! Takehiko's lance broke against his opponent's chest. His opponent's lance hit him in the chest but did not shatter thus he did not receive a point. Takehiko was in the lead by three. Now, At the last lance of the match, Takehiko stood ready. The flag was lifted and he started for his opponent, hard. Flakes flew from his horses feet as its speed was unmatched. BAM! CRACK! The opponent was on the ground. Takehiko had won the match with Five lances to none. He had won this match and was to move up in the ranks.

This silver haired man caught his eye. He was indeed talented. More so than many there. It would be fun to see the men start to get narrowed down when competition became more fierce. Watching all the men compete made his hand sweat. He wanted to get in there. Honestly having the hardest competition first, Taki thought his father was just mean but it would certainly cut down on the ones who wouldn't be good knights.

As the day pressed on the last two were to go. That silver haired noble was good. This would be interesting over the next few days.

Takehiko grinned at his last opponent in the jousting tournament. Sir Matteo De Florenzo of Italy. He has been compared to this man many times but never has he met him until now. The flag was hanging, just waiting to be lifted. Takehiko was ready, with lance in hand. Then the flag lifted, and in a blink of an eye, Takehiko was darting towards his opponent. They both broke there lances against each others chests. Takehiko knew what he had to do that this point, he had to use power more so than anything else. The faster he got Sir Matteo De Florenzo off his horse the sooner he'd be today's Jousting champion.

The flag dangled once again, signaling the Second Lance of the Match. Takehiko was in position, a new lance once again in hand, he was well matched with Sir Matteo, but he still believe he was the better of the two. The flag was lifted- Takehiko was heading full speed for Sir Matteo then- BAM! the helm of his opponent was on the ground. Sir Matteo was shocked, never before was his helm knocked clean off his head, he knew he was in trouble with this match. Takehiko smirked, this was becoming easier by the Lance.

The Third flag was set, and ready to be lifted. Both contestants took their places at opposite ends of the stadium. The flag was lifted- the contestants were off!

Taki watched feeling his heart about to pound out of his chest. As the third flag lifted he stood in his seat and watched as the men collided. Large purple eyes saw every hit and watched as Sir Matteo fell from his horse. The mans foot remained stuck in the holster but the horse was stopped just a few feet down the jousting ring.

The king saw the excitement his boy showed and smiled. Standing he opened his arms, "we have out Jousting Champion. Please come forth."

A large grin came to Takehiko's cheeks as he yell out of sheer joy and accomplishment. "Yeah!!!" The winner of the match rode his horse over to his king and hoped off as he removed his helm. His hair was matted down from sweat as he smiled composing himself. He was prouder than he had ever been before in the winner's circle. He had won two horse and the tournament. Could his day get any better?

"Tonight you shall be our guest of honor seated beside my eldest," the king nodded to him. "Tomorrow we shall begin the next round of the tournament. Now we will begin the feast for our warriors. The top twenty who competed today shall be present tomorrow. Those below the top twenty may join us tonight and stay to watch the next competition."

The king turned and walked away as the crowd started to disperse.

Taki looked down at the knight, "good job today. Perhaps I'll get to have a go at you too someday soon." He was aching to battle him as well.

Takeshi smiled and nodded to the king," Thank you, your Majesty!" The king had just walked away when the eldest spoke to him," Good job today. Perhaps I'll get to have a go at you too someday soon." The cute almost child like words made him smile. "Thank you, sire. It would be my utmost pleasure your Majesty." The knight bowed and began back to his horse. He left the stadium and continued to his tent.

Later that night, just and hour before the banquet... "Yuu... I have no clue what to wear..." The knight sighed plopping onto his bedding. " Sir Takehiko... How about... This one!" the squire held up a fancy Tunic that the knight had never worn before. He had be saving it for occasions like this one. "Perfect~!"

09000374%20Tunic%20blue%20brocade%20C40%20.JPG

Takehiko had just arrived at the banquet when the doors opened, he entered the banquet feeling a little bit lost...

The prince was in similar ropes with gold lining and a deep green fabric. His boots were a shiny black leather and he had the signet ring on of his country. The blond was sitting next to his father joking with the knights nearby. The laughed as they chatted and one ruffled Taki's hair. Taki laughed and shoved at the knight.

He was such a laid back child his father was worried. You could see it whenever Taki interacted with anyone.

Taki continued eating his food and smiled to his servant as he came over refilling his goblet. He thanked his servant and sipped the wine. When he saw Takehiko enter he raised his glass, "our jousting champion everyone!" The room applauded and cheered.

Takehiko wasn't use to such praise, he smiled and bowed as a small sheen of pink flooded his features. He began towards the feasting table and took his seat. A servant brought him a plate and poured him some wine in his goblet. he drank from it elegantly and slowly. He wanted to appeal to his gifted feast but he didn't want to become stupor. He took part in feast my first grabbing some beef and fruit. He eat slowly and politely unlike the other already smashed knights. He felt very petite and clean- it made him uncomfortable...

Sitting next to the prince made him nervous, after all he could smell the wine on his breath was strong in aroma. Turning his head to the eldest prince beside him, he politely advised," Your Majesty, you shouldn't so much so fast- you wouldn't want to become stupor so quickly , now would you?..." The knight was only doing what felt was right. He had to protect his future king and keep his best interests in mind. After all the boy wasn't hard on the eyes, in fact he was quick pretty, and Takehiko knew that any of the knights, if drunk enough, would force themselves onto him if give the chance. And while Takehiko was here, none would get that chance as long as he had some say in it.

Taki laughed with one of the knights then turned to Takehiko a little surprised by what he said, "do not worry. I drank... drunk... drunk more than this before." He smiled at the other man and took a bite of food. Even in his rather tipsy state he was still eating as politely as ever. The blond leaned his pink cheek against his hand and rested his elbow on the table.

"What made you want to become a knight?" Taki asked with a rather bedroom looking face. His eyes were misty and his face flushed a bit from the amount of wine he had.

"It runs in the family... And I like the nobility and social status..." The knight then looked at his neighboring prince. He grew more and more worried about the younger and his drinking. "Why do you ask, Sire?"

The knight looked at his kingdom's prince with interest, finding it funny that he would ask such things at such a random time and place. The bored expression showed by the prince also worried him. He always felt bad for royalty- their childhood always seemed rather dull and monotonous. Then Takehiko got a rather fun idea. "Your Majesty, you seem quite bored, would you care to dance with me as to rid you of your disinterest in the banquet?" The knight asked so proper and elegantly.

"Curiosity," Taki said as he sat back up. For being a Prince soon to become king he had lived a rather sheltered life. Not allowed anywhere without someone watching him, and it drove him crazy.

The blond perked up as the other mentioned his idea. He then laughed and looked at him raising a brow, "sure. Sounds like a splendid idea." He pushed his seat back and stood nearly falling over but caught his hands against the table then turned to the other, "you'll need to lead me..."

Standing knight nodded while worrying about his prince's balance. "Aye, sire." Taking the Prince's hand Takehiko lead him to the floor filled with people. Hand in hand, Takhiko began to lead to a rather slow paced instrumental. Swaying too and frow- it was evident that Takehiko was raised to be a palace knight. Knowing how to dance, proper talk, proper eating etiquette- this made him almost the perfect man. His weakness wasn't easy to find because it was so obvious. He was nervous around drunk people, having bad experiences in war and all. He never drank more wine than he need to hydrate himself. The knight twirled the Prince with style and elegance. When it came to appearance, there was none greater than Takehiko himself.

"Are you enjoying yourself more so now, Sire?"

Taki took in the sight of this knight. He was what he was looking for. The slow movement and dancing created an atmosphere that he didn't understand. He felt entranced by this man. He was what he wanted to be... what he wanted to fight. The blond held onto the other as they swayed, "yes... your a rather interesting man. I look forward to seeing you in the next competitions."

"And, I, Sire, Look forward to winning." That perfect knightly smile carved into his cheeks as he dipped the prince with the last note of the song. Pulling the Prince back up and bowing the knight stood back up. "Thank you for honoring me with this dance, Sire. Shall we return to our seats or continue?" The knight held he had out, taking it would signal that the prince wanted to continue dancing and a simple dismissing nod would signal that the prince had dance enough with this knight. The Knight, Takehiko, awaited his Prince's orders.

"You are far too charming," Taki looked over at the other. He could feel many watching them but trying not to make the prince feel too awkward.

He shifted on one foot to the other and reached out placing his hand in Takehiko's, "if you tell me why you want to become a knight of Avelon." He liked to know about those wanting to live in his kingdom and defend it. In the past they had some try to sneak in to harm him. He made it his job to learn everything he could about each knight. Although this one was far too distracting.

"I? Nonsense, Sire." Chuckle Takehiko. "Why?-" He asked twirling the Prince into his arms, "It would bring great honor to my family to serve under the future king or our kingdom. After all, I have fought for my kingdom in many wars, it would only be logical that I'd rather protect my country from inside instead of out. Not only, but, I'm sure the chances of dying are slimmer..." The knight chuckled at the last sentence as he twirled the Prince back out and pulled him in close to continue the dance.

Taki was shocked as he watched the other man. He had heard people say it before but it never sounded as genuine as it did right then. The prince stopped his dancing and pushed his hand against the others chest, "your perfect. I would like to ask you to become my personal knight." The crowd turned quiet and the king stood. "Son?"

Taki looked up at the other man, "this offer should you choose to accept strips you of your previous title and you are given a new one. My guard. My knight."

The king looked a bit shocked and his hands bawled into fists but he couldn't deny his son. This was tradition.

Takehiko froze at the words that had left his dance partner's mouth. Glancing up and around he noticed the staring eyes, this made him blush from the attention. "Sire, You've a few drinks... But, if you truly are sure you want to know the answer to that question, then my answer is 'no'. I wish to earn my place as your knight the same as any other. It would not be far to the others, for we all have fought equally for this chance and place in the tournament. My apologies, your Majesty." Saying yes would have made the moment, but, Takehiko had to go and be Mr. Perfect knight again. His point was a good one. "And, Sire. I would understand if denying you removed me from this tournament- for the only way I would accept this offer was if you threatened to take the knightlyhood of my family away..."

Taki blinked as he listened to him. No one had ever denied him before. He blinked as they other spoke and smiled then let out a loud laugh, "that's why. Your..." He fell forward against the other feeling dizzy. He groaned softly and held onto the taller man.

After a moment he regained his balance, "th-then to make up for your no... take me to my chambers please..." He felt the tired of the wine sinking in. The blond waved to the others, "please go back to the party... I'll retire to my room. Goodnight everyone." He hung onto Takehiko hoping he would take him to his room.