I have a suggestion for the social part :P

SammuelColdheart

I've been playing for very long time Yaoi Role play... and most of the time I was spending in two main websites my time one of them is Chatango... where I was role playing before... but right now I am concentrate over the website here... that beside but I would really love... if the team of YO creates a chat group in chatango... where we can all meet and enjoy to each other... chatango have the opportunity for HTML code and this chat can be add to the forum and to the website part :p it would be really good to meet most of us... for real... and share some other conversation together, in real time when we are all online... beside that you can create another chat room in chatango where it will be concentrate over the role play... :D and where most of the role players can RP together and get to know each other better but of course this is just suggestion so everything depends from YO Team :) and their Administrator...

Chatango website: chatango.com (You create first account... and then when you create account you can create as many as you want group chats and so on :) )

Edit: Ah! I am so sorry I just notice there is another topic about that, but in my topic I am offering a place to create a chat room... I am really really sorry in advance that I repeat the topic, it's really wasn't my intention... :(

• Like 2

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SammuelColdheart

• Key

• Sloan

• mecayoyen

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the suggestion! I'm looking into this and I'll answer you after that.

UPDATE: I tested that chat on YO, but the problem is for some people it worked, for some it didn't load.

Here are the print screens of the tests:

On a fast connection

printscreen1.jpg

On a not so fast connection:

printscreen.jpg

I'm still looking for alternatives.

• Like 11

Really? That have never happened to me before I mean this chatbox is used for many places I will show you one of the biggest website for animation where you can check out that it's working, I believe you have to create account first at chatango to can you create a good chatroom :) okay here check out this website:

animeultima.tv they have daily over 3000 users which is using the chatboox to the right :) and I really doubt that all of them have fast connections :)

@SammuelColdheart

Obviously, I created an account before creating the group shoutbox. I even saw the shoutbox and could use it, but some users couldn't and told me. I asked for a print screen and there it is. So, definitely, some users couldn't see it.

I personally didn't have any problems in seeing both the one you showed me on that site and the one we tried on YO.

As I said, I'm still looking for alternatives, in the end to choose the most convenient one.

I have found few ways and options but I am not sure which one of all of them you would like:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

and this one is my last suggestion

Now all of this website which I gave you above, send you directly to the link for creating one or have the HTML code for it... now I don't want this to be consider as ad or something like that, just trying to help you, because I really love this forum and I enjoy a lot in it :) so if you want me to stop searching just let me know and I will stop :) I don't want to make a insult or something like that :)

@Key~~ I forgot to inform you about this.. I was able to use the shoutbox.. but the longer I am using it, it crashes.. and my browser won't respond anymore that I have to close the browser I am using. I really don't know if it is because I am using the shoutbox or maybe something else in my end. I can't really tell since I am not a computer savvy..

• Like 1

My concern is that.. since you mentioned roleplaying. Will the roleplayers abuse it? Of course we wouldn't want that. It'd be too small and only convenient for a few drop lines and short convos. What if someone misbehaves, then what?

• Like 1

:o Didn't knew there was so many people, having problem with chatango, I've never had such problems with it... except sometimes people don't get my messages... but that happen on 1 person per 1000 so it's rarely... and it's mostly because of the other person mistake... he have too low computer or a computer with low features...

- - - Updated - - -

I believe it's not this the problem... Chatango have unlimited amount of letters which you can type down and you can always change to full size and the administrator which created the chat can always ban someone for certain amount of time... or permanently... moderators can do this too, of course the admin choose who will be the moderators... so it's not big problem in chatango everything can be controlled... plus if there is no moderator online the online users which roleplay and someone disturb their roleplay they can always flag him, and if this person get 3 flags... he gets ban for 3 hours... that why I recommended chatango is very useful :)

• Like 1

I love the Idea! how about embedding a tinychat room too so people can also talk using voice! LOL i dont even know if Im making sense right now... but Im loving this suggestion

• Like 1

Hello everyone! Thanks for all your suggestions!

@Sammuel

We tried those shoutboxes as well, but they either have plenty of ads or they don't have auto-refresh, which means you have to refresh your browser on and on to see the new posts made.

@Sloan

The chat would have a special room for roleplaying, that in case more users want that. But in the main chat no roleplaying would be allowed.

For now we are trying a new one, you can see it at the bottom of the forum, above 'Who's Online' list.

• Like 4