Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Sathenus Inventory
    Yato India Halloween - Ghost Totoro

Re: Sanctuary (Private)

Being told that at one time the farm had another centaur who was an older gentleman made Daniel curious about what had happened to him after he was sold. It made sense that the farm would keep Alfred, a younger centaur who would be around much longer and could still get the job done. The vague memories that Alfred had of a meadow were probably the only memories he had of being wild, and had been so long ago that he couldn't recall any other aspects. Maybe... as he stayed at the sanctuary and gained that freedom again he'd slowly start to remember. "Maybe living here you'll be able to remember more." Daniel commented not wanting to pry but hoping that Alfred could get some memory back as to what life was like when he had been a young colt before he was taken in by humans and looked over for potential.

Having glanced towards the group as well he heard Alfred say he wasn't sure he'd do well in one of the groups, indicating he'd he would just stay with him for now. This made him perk up again and his normal energetic self reappeared as he became quite happy about the idea of someone wanting to stay with him. "Really? No one ever wants to stick with me." He admitted a slight blush appearing. Alfred wasn't the first centaur he had shown around, but they all were quick in finding a group that suited them and leaving him behind once more. Which was... fine. But he was glad that someone finally wanted to stick with him instead of going for one of the groups. Not fitting in with any of the groups himself he was never accepted into any of them, it had not been for the lack of trying either. Being the smallest and not like the others just didn't play in his favor, and most felt that he was a burden for being smaller even if there didn't seem to be any threats here.

*~*~*~*

"Who knows how much longer he would have survived like that. Even if his wounds weren't dire that takes a toll on someone's body." Xander said as he thought back to that. To think anyone would use any living creature like that much less one that rivaled their own intelligence was beyond him. It was definitely cruel, and they had saved many more centaurs from cruel owners and horrid conditions since then. "He's still really trusting and friendly despite everything he has been through though." He added not understanding it. Positive that had someone treated him in such a manner he would not be able to trust anyone ever again and would be quite honestly terrified of them or aggressive. It wasn't like centaurs were completely defenseless, they just couldn't stand up to the power behind those determined to wipe them out or enslave them.

"I'm sure we'll know what Alfred plans to do by the time they come in tonight. He will have had plenty of time to decide if he wants to stick with Daniel or run off and find a group among the others." Xander commented taking the file when Alexander handed it to him. "I'll have some men on standby then" He added with a nod. His mind moved from the centaurs thought to Alexander and he gave his friend a small smile, "Alexander... we've been friends for a really long time and I know when something is getting to you. What's wrong?" He asked figuring it probably had something to do with the sanctuary and he wanted to back Xander up the best he could. Help him in any way possible, it was one of the reasons why he had agreed to come work at the sanctuary in the first place. Though he had to admit when Alexander had first told him his vision for a centaur sanctuary he had thought the man was absurd, thinking there was no way it would go well but it did. Though it wasn't always easy to obtain the centaurs to give them better lives it was a battle they had taken on and would continue for as long as they were able to do so.

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    virtualoo Inventory
    Sebastian Asami Rin - VIP Card for Blog VIP Card for Blog

“I suppose so…” Alfred said quietly, wondering if that would be true. “I think the meadows were near a mountain range…I feel like I recall seeing these big shapes…but…I don’t know” Alfred said quietly, wondering what life was like being free. Here might be his only chance of freedom…At least it felt freer than the farm did. There were open fields and a forest here, granted there were fences at the edges of the property. He could try and get used to things here…but what was his purpose if he was not working constantly? Alfred only knew a life of farm work so what would he even do here?

“Why not? Is it because of your size? Your pattern?” Alfred said, not sure why other centaurs would not like him. He had to guess that it was his size from the comment Daniel made earlier. Sure, he had only talked to Daniel but he felt like his friendly nature and smaller stature might be better suited for him. Alfred has this protective instinct he thought about again that he was not sure what it was. He just felt like he wanted to be with him and did want to get to know what he liked to think was his first real friend.
    *~*~*~*
    “I am surprised myself he is as trusting and friendly as he is” Alexander said but he was not complaining by any means. He was happy Daniel was the way he was despite all he had been through. He was a friendly face to greet new centaurs to the sanctuary. He was one of the few centaurs that was overly friendly to them, going out of their way to talk to them out of wanting and less of a mutual understanding.

Alexander sighed to himself, remembering the financial reports and paperwork he was looking at earlier. “You can read me like a book..” He said with a small smile as he sat down at the desk in his office. “Olympus…is in a bad state financially. The money I can bring in for the sanctuary is barely covering the costs to run it. You know I am not in this for the money but if the costs continue to go up, Olympus could be in a bad place…It…really is worrying me” Alexander looked up to Xander as he ran his hands through his hair. “Don’t tell the other employees about this…I do not want them to worry. I know somehow things will work out and I am not going to give up or stop saving centaurs…but it is a concerning thought” He looked over all the paperwork for costs and all the centaurs he was still trying to save.

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Sathenus Inventory

"With your stature and muscles I can see you living in the mountains or near them." Daniel admitted feeling like he'd do pretty well in a mountain setting. He was strong and would be able to move large rocks that may pose a problem to other species, and he seemed to be quite sure footed, something he noticed from walking along with Alfred in the forest now. His own steps were light and quick, he was adept at navigating through the dense trees and brush of the forests and was able to move around quite easily. His smaller stature helped with that, as well as being built for speed versus strength helping him flee through the trees without running into any of them.

His ears perked up when he was asked why, then asked about his size and pattern being factors as to why the other's didn't like him. "My size... my lack of strength, my pattern doesn't help... the antlers..." Daniel sighed as he listed off things that made him quite different than all the others. "It's okay though." He added shrugging it off not about to let it get to him. If he did he'd always be miserable and would probably cling to Alexander who seemed to be one of the few people -human or otherwise- who actually liked him and treated him kindly all the time. Xander did too, as did a few of the other workers but he really liked the owner of the sanctuary. It showed how big his heart was to do something like this for them, when no one else had or probably would.

Knowing that Alfred was happy to stick with him though certainly put a bounce in his steps as he continued to show him around, showing him the stream that went through the woods and indicating the large water hole that was in the open part of the area which was the only place they all seemed to gather. Weather it was to swim or for any other reason it was a nice place to be. He still hung out there alone though, away from the others. Daniel wasn't someone to push his presence on others, if they didn't want him around he wouldn't force them to be in his presence.

*~*~*~*

"He's a good one. Centaurs like him could make a different in how the rest of the world sees them." Xander admitted feeling like the little centaur was a good ambassador for the species. Even if he was not like the ones being hunted down and captured or killed he was still one of them. His friendly and trusting nature could make a real difference in how the world was to see them. If only there was a way they could see if other centaurs, wild centaurs were capable of such friendliness as well. From the ones they have seen and had been able to release they were not. But those ones had also been through a lot and their behavior was understandable. "Any news on conservation efforts for those still wild? I feel like their numbers continue to drop." Xander asked pulling himself from his thoughts of Daniel and how the other could really help this whole thing.

"I always have been able to read you." Xander mused with a small smile sitting in a chair on the other side of the desk and watching Alexander who was looking over some papers on the desk. Hearing the financial struggle the sanctuary was going through made him sigh and he could sympathize with him, this was something he had basically put all his money into and it was struggling to stay afloat. There were so many people against them that for a moment Xander wondered if it was a lost cause. But Alexander was quick to say he would not stop saving centaurs or give up, and that was the type of spirit they needed in their leader. "I'm glad to hear you say that, you're a determined person, Alexander. That determination will make all the difference, we'll pull through this and become successful. We could... maybe try to find sponsors? Surely there are other people out there who think that we are doing a good thing and could help." Xander suggested not knowing if that was actually an option but hoping it might be.

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    virtualoo Inventory

Alfred was not able to move through the forest with such ease, the farm now having such dense woods in its borders. Sometimes he had to drag trees in his cart to the main house for wood chopping, but he never had to navigate woods or a forest like this. Alfred kept hitting his flank against the trees, frustrated at the abnormal terrain he was not used to. He would need to get used to the woodsy area of this part of the sanctuary to navigate it with relative ease. It would probably be easier if he was even remotely used to it but he was not.
    “I suppose that would make you different…Any centaurs I saw looked more like me. From their pattern to their build, disregarding a variety of colors and coats” Alfred said with a small nod of his head. “But I think its unique, nothing like I have ever seen before. I mean…I guess I haven’t seen many so I guess I am not one to talk” Alfred said with a small laugh. “The humans seem okay enough…Are they good people?” he asked Daniel, figuring he would be honest with him if they were not kind people.

Alfred looked over the water, not remembering he saw an open body of water like this that was not a puddle from the rain. “How deep is it...?” Alfred asked, hesitantly walking toward the large watering hole. He took a hesitant step in, stepping along its edges with tiny splashes. Hmm…water feels nice enough…Alfred thought to himself as he got a feel for the water.
    *~*~*~*
    “You are right, the unofficial ambassador of Olympus and all centaurs everywhere. If more people saw centaurs like him, they might treat them less cruelly. They might work to conserve the wild population and treat centaurs with the respect and care they deserve” Alexander said with a small nod of his head. He wished all were as open as Daniel, but most centaurs had lived a life of servitude or forced into horrible conditions. Would wild ones be capable of being as friendly? “The conservation efforts are difficult and at least not on an upward trend. Poachers keep finding them and bringing them to be auctioned on market. I have been trying to start petitions for protected areas to start where they can’t touch centaurs but it didn’t go anywhere. I also am trying to get activist groups to protect and report and wild sightings to Olympus so the areas can be protected” Alexander spoke, wanting to protect more than just the centaurs at the sanctuary.

“I swear at times you can keep me sane Xander” Alexander spoke with a tiny smile, happy to have Xander her encouraging and helping him. It was nice to have a friend who was invested alongside him in helping him run this place. “Sponsors…? I’ll take what I can get. Maybe they can get their name or organization mounted on a special wall or engraved on the fences or something. I am willing to try anything…Sponsors or some kind of fundraising might be our best bet. I am not going to use any method that would exploit the centaurs” Alexander said determined, wondering what would be the most appealing to sponsors. More people donated money if there was some sort of benefit of any kind…but one thing for sure was that it would not involve exploiting the centaurs like rides or forced touching.

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Sathenus Inventory

"It's not anything most of the other's have seen before either. Which leads me to think that's one of the reasons they don't like me. No other centaur like me has ever come to the sanctuary... they're all... like you." Daniel said a frown appearing and hating that he seemed to be a one of a kind when it came to the sanctuary. He wanted others like him, centaurs that would like him and want to be around him. Granted, Alfred did say he would stick to just him but he was worried that even he would leave him eventually and join one of the other groups to be around others like himself. "They are really good people. They care about us, treat us with respect and help keep us healthy. I really like them!" Daniel said perking up instantly when they began to discuss those who worked here instead of the centaurs that didn't like him.

Daniel was able to see and sense Alfred's frustration with maneuvering through the trees, so he was happy to be able to bring him back into the open that surrounded the water hole. When he was asked how deep it was he thought about it for a moment, "I honestly don't know. It's depth to me would be different to the other's so I can't really say. I don't... hang out here. My presence doesn't really make the other's happy and they enjoy hanging out here." Daniel admitted with a shy look crossing his face. Though he would come to the water hole occasionally to cool off or splash around he always did it in a spot away from the others so that he bothered them as little as possible with his presence. None of the other centaurs really seemed to like him being around at all, being this different was probably the main reason for that.

*~*~*~*

"Probably. But even other innocent creatures are at the receiving end, while some centaurs are capable of defending themselves they still aren't a match for the forces against them. That's why we stepped in to begin with." Xander said giving Alexander a small encouraging smile. "There is no telling with the kind of siege the wild centaurs are under if any of them would be like Daniel, they're too scared and aggressive in an attempt to save themselves. It's really heartbreaking." Xander had gone on a few expeditions to find and observer centaurs in the wild and he saw their behavior towards people. They reacted with violence out of fear and as a last desperate struggle to protect themselves and their families. It was heartbreaking to see, especially how even their young were learning to fear them. Centaurs were quite possible the most intelligent creatures out there remotely like them and they were killing them off or capturing them and treating them like crap. All for what? It made no sense and he hated to see it, which was why he had joined Alexander in this whole adventure.

"That's going to be a constant struggle, Alexander. No matter what we'll be fighting against poachers even if we get them in protected land, they'll just be more cunning about their approach. I'm just worried they'll bring the fight here, where these centaurs have no means of defending themselves." Xander expressed his concern for the centaurs even in the sanctuary's property lines. It was only a matter of time before poachers went after them knowing there was a large amount here in the care of the sanctuary team. He just hoped that they'd be able to protect them well enough to not raise any alarm to the centaurs and allow them to continue to live their lives the best they could under such conditions.

"I like to think I do good things for you." Xander mused with a soft laugh. It seemed that Alexander like his suggestion of getting sponsors and he listened as he spoke telling him that he was willing to try anything but he was not going to exploit the centaurs to get sponsors. "I would definitely not expect you to exploit them, you aren't that kind of person." Xander stopped and considered a few things. "Now, this isn't so much a sponsor, but it could bring in donations to in a sense. You know how in many places there are those 'sponsor a child' or 'adopt a whatever animal'? What if we did the same for the centaurs? Give people a chance to help by giving a small monthly donation of sorts to 'adopt' a centaur in our care. The donation can go towards food, medical care and housing. It would greatly help relieve a lot of the financial stress and we wouldn't be exploiting the centaurs as these people would have no contact with them. Unless they wanted to come by the sanctuary to see them out on the grounds but it wouldn't be any physical interaction so the centaurs would never be stressed out." This may not go over well, but it was an option all the same and it could make quite the difference. The centaurs would continue to live how they did and be supported in the sanctuary by people who wanted to help but maybe didn't know how. As of right now that was the best thing he could think of, how they would get bigger sponsors who could give bigger financial aide... well that was something the could figure out later.

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    virtualoo Inventory

“I am glad they are humans who treat us kindly..” Alfred said, figuring if Daniel said the humans here were kind, they must be kind. And it seemed most centaurs here were of his build and not of Daniels size from what he said. He took a few steps into the water before turning to look back at Daniel. He didn’t get to hang out here much? He had the freedom to go anywhere in the sanctuary and he didn’t go in the watering hole?

“Well I am new here and I want to spend some time with you in the watering hole? So I guess just hang around my neck if it gets too deep?” Alfred asked, wanting to spend the time with him. He also wanted to see how deep the hole was but did not want to go alone. “Come on, I would not want my first time being alone” He said with a small smile, wondering if he would accept his offer.

*~*~*~*
    “It really is heartbreaking…That is why I wanted to create Olympus. I wanted to save the centaurs in servitude and keep the ones in the wild free. But even the ones in the wild have grown to fear humans to an extreme. Even the mountain centaurs are being more careful and they used to be the most isolated group of centaurs out there” Alexander sighed as he looked up at Xander with a smile. “I am just glad you ended up joining me in the end, even if I seemed like a crazy hippie crackpot at first” He said with a small chuckle. Having a friend as his right hand man makes things easier. He would dedicate his life, time and money into this place.

“I know it will be a struggle, but that is why I gotta keep fighting. I am sure there will be a day where we will have to defend the sanctuary and its centaurs. I wonder if we should start considering that as a measure we will need to take. We should start thinking about that now so we can start preparing any measures necessary for defense. We can be prepare ahead of time and not be bombarded should poachers try to come to the sanctuary’ Alexander said as he would need to start research into that topic. He listened to Xander’s idea about the ‘adoption’ idea, thinking it was a good start. Companies did that all of the time, write a small blurb of their former lives with a picture. “That would be a great start, any extra funds are helpful right now. We are just managing right now but the extra funds will be a financial help. We can make needed improvements and upgrades if there are enough donations or just focusing on their care” Alexander smiled happily, getting up from his desk. ‘We will need to start writing up centaurs bios with their intake pictures and printing up the material we need for this” Alexander spoke eagerly. Corporate sponsorships could come later once they establish the monthly donations..

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Sathenus Inventory

Daniel was watching Alfred from the shore as he took a few more steps in the water before he was turning back to him. He could see the look on his face which made him blush slightly, Alfred clearly not understanding why he didn't come here or go in the watering hole when he technically had the freedom to go anywhere here he wanted. The other centaur was speaking a moment later, telling him that he was new here and wanted to spend time with him in the watering hole. Indicating that if the water got to high for him that he should just hang around his neck. It was an odd concept, that another centaur not only wanting to hang around him but was willing to assist him when the water became to high for him to reach the bottom. It was really nice of him, and it made it so that Daniel was already taking a few hesitant steps into the water.

Without thinking the first thing Daniel did when he got near Alfred was take the other's hand, as though he would need this sort of support to get himself further into the water. Their sized became even clearer marked when he noticed how high the water was to him already when it wasn't very high on the taller centaur. With the reassuring hand in his he didn't mind though and let Alfred lead the way further into it. As the water started to reach the bottom of his stomach he became a bit nervous, the knowledge that Alfred wasn't about to put him in any danger and let him drown the only thing that made it so he was able to continue stepping forward. Though he definitely became more hesitant in his steps and needed more coaxing, deep water wasn't something he was familiar with even when he had been in the wild. They had always crossed rivers and streams in the shallowest part to avoid any danger and they weren't ones to swim through lakes or deeper water.

*~*~*~*

"Indeed. The mountain centaurs were probably the most unaffected by this whole thing until recently, after people began to realize the strength and potential in them they've been under siege. The good thing about them is they've learned to traverse the dangerous mountainsides despite their size and are having an easier time evading capture." Xander said with a sigh feeling his heart twist uncomfortably at the thoughts. He couldn't understand why people could not just leave the wild ones alone, let them live how they were meant to without human persecution and interference. "It's only a matter of time before people try breeding them like cats and dogs... that will begin posing even more of a problem." He admitted feeling sick at the thought. So far, no such thing had happened, a birth here or there from captive centaurs but it was normally from a pregnancy pre capture. The intelligent creatures seeming to know that reproduction in captivity wasn't smart or safe and without being able to simply force it like humans did most of the time it had yet to become a practice. But Xander knew even that was going to change if something couldn't be done. Drawn from his thoughts when Alexander indicated he was glad he had joined him in the end he gave his old friend a small smile. "You did sound crazy at first, and I wasn't sure how things were going to go. But after traversing all over and seeing all the different species of centaur and the dangers they were in I was able to sympathize with you and I had to jump on board." Xander admitted.

When Alexander had first approached him with this idea to make a sanctuary for and start saving the centaurs Xander had not been immediately on board thinking his friend was crazy and wasting his time and money. What had changed that was when he had the opportunity to join conservation efforts as well as scientists in an attempt to know more about the wild populations and get a better feel of their drastically declining numbers. Seeing the family groups and the fear they had of them had driven it all home. It had been clear to him that families had been ripped apart and nomadic tribes constantly under siege from people. It had been heartbreaking and he had been quick to jump on board after, giving what help he could to Alexander and the sanctuary.

"That would probably be a good idea. Start reinforcing our perimeters, add more signs saying it's private property and no trespassing. It won't keep the determined out but it may sway some, if we can make it even a little more difficult for them to get to the centaurs. Unfortunately... this may also mean we'll need some of the staff to repeatedly check the perimeter throughout the day, and even at night. While the centaurs may be safer inside at night, it doesn't mean that poachers still won't try things." Xander said with a sigh. Especially when they had the more wild centaurs here just getting medical care until they are good enough to be released. Those centaurs were never brought inside as they were to aggressive and fiesty, they would be at the most risk for the poachers and it would be just as heartbreaking to lose them as it would be to lose one of the permanent residents.

"I'll get started on that then." Xander offered with a smile, he'd get started on making bios with the entry pictures of the centaurs to start the 'adoption' and get monthly donations coming in. The extra money would be vital to helping keep the sanctuary's head above water. But another thought occurred to him and he glanced towards Alexander, this coming now from an earlier comment he had made. "Alexander... we've had this sanctuary in full swing for a few years now... but do you think the possibility of the sanctuary having babies born his higher than it ever has been?" He was a little concerned that the centaurs who would continue to live the rest of their lives in the sanctuary would end up reproducing. There was no way for them to stop them from doing so especially if they felt comfortable enough to start a family, and it would be wrong of them to assume it would not happen even if it may be an uncommon occurrence.

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    virtualoo Inventory

Alfred held the others hands carefully, looking back to keep an eye on Daniel. He wanted to make sure he didn’t accidentally put him in danger or drown. He was not about to let harm intentionally come to his new friends way. The water felt comfortable as he went a bit deeper, the water up to Daniel’s stomach. It seemed to scare the other as he stopped for a moment. “It’s okay…I got you” Alfred said quietly, holding tightly onto his hands.

“Hold onto my neck if you need to” Alfred said, turning himself around so he was facing Daniel. “I won’t go deeper holding you” Daniel said as he stopped where the water reached his own stomach. “Doing okay?” Alfred asked, hoping he was not scaring his friend by taking him this deep in the water. He was the first centaur he really got to talk to in a long time, he didn’t want him to be afraid of him.

*~*~*~*
    “You are right in that soon people will want to breed their captive centaurs like dog show animals, using human forced methods for the sole sake of getting children for personal benefit” Alexander sighed. At the rate the world was going, forced centaur breeding would start becoming a thing. Bidding for children and wanting the best genetics in their future workers will force breeding further. “I am glad you joined me after tagging along on all those expeditions. Having help I was able to gather information faster and help more centaurs. You helped Olympus, an integral part I think, in helping me shape Olympus to where it is today” Alexander smiled, leaning over and giving Xander a small hug.

“You are certainly right about all those points. Signs Is a good start until we can think of heavier measures that would keep potential poachers out. And you are right about need staff to patrol the perimeters…It could also deter poachers if the borders are checked daily” Alexander tried to see the positives of needing workers to patrol. He could add that onto their daily task of the day, although he might add extra pay onto overnight patrol duties if there is a lack of workers at night.

Alexander looked up to Xander when he mentioned the possibility of children being born on the sanctuary. “You are right on that matter…With more centaurs being permanent residents it will be a future possibility” Alexander nodded in agreement. Centaur babies would definitely be vulnerable to poachers and he wanted to make sure they would be cared for as long time residents. “We should put that as a future project in the works. More places for baby centaurs to grow and be protected on the grounds. That along with expansion projects…I am sure the centaurs would like more space and we will need to accommodate more centaurs in the future. Don’t want them too clustered together” Alexander said as he added it on a board of ‘Things to do’.

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Sathenus Inventory

Daniel definitely wasn't all that comfortable as the water came up to his stomach, something that translated into hesitation to go any further. His eyes moving up to lock with Alfred when he was told that the other got him in such a quiet manner his hands being held tightly in an encouraging manner. It was definitely something he appreciated, and it made him a little more willing to go a little further not wanting Alfred to be stuck here when he knew the other wanted to see how deep the watering hole got.

He was told to hold onto his neck if he needed, Alfred turning to face him so that he was now standing where the water was at stomach height to him. Instantly he reached up to wrap his arms around the other's neck causing him to press himself closer to Alfred but he didn't mind, nor care about how close they currently were. When he was asked if he was doing okay he nodded, "Yeah... I'm okay." He was definitely nervous but being like this definitely helped ease that. He looked down at the water before his eyes moved up to the centaur. He had to raise himself up on his hind legs a little to be able to wrap his arms around the other's neck fully. This was a situation he had not been in before, but he found he kind of liked being close to the other centaur like this. For a moment he was about to apologize for being so close and clingy, but Alfred had offered so he assumed the other didn't mind.

*~*~*~*

"It will unfortunately make strained relationships with the centaurs even worse." Xander sighed when Alexander mentioned how children from the forced breedings would be used for personal benefits. Most probably sold for a high price if good 'breeding' took place despite how stressful it was on the parents to be forced into it to begin with. Xander returned the small hug before relaxing back against the chair he was seated in. "It was for the best, and I'm really glad I could help you out. Those expeditions taught me a lot and I was able to gain a better understand of how things really were out there. It's going to do great things for us as we continue to build the sanctuary and maybe some day you'll be able to join me on an expedition or two." Xander mused really liking the idea of Alexander possibly being able to step away long enough to go on at least one expedition with him.

"If not deter them permanently at least partially." He sighed. There was no saying whether it would deter poachers completely, but it was at the very least a start and that was the most important thing right now. "We can discuss what these patrols would include during the next employee meeting. Make sure everyone is aware that it's not just the poachers themselves but signs of people having been in the area or the fence being messed with. Anything that could suggest someone who shouldn't be within the sanctuary property was trying to get onto it or testing the waters." He said feeling it was important that they cover such things.

Xander nodded in agreement, "We will have to be prepared in the event any births happen. But hopefully that is still a ways off." He mused not really sure they were ready for any such thing. He didn't particularly notice any centaurs becoming that close, but he wasn't really sure either. There was still a lot about them that they didn't understand and that they could learn. "Definitely, the baby's will be the most vulnerable and will definitely need more care and protection. But it could also be a great start in the conservation if the centaurs here begin to reproduce. There may be a chance that we could do some future attempts to release future generations and improve the wild population. Years down the road of course when there are hopefully more laws and groups out there protecting them."

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    virtualoo Inventory

Alfred held the others hips where his human half met his centaur half, wanting to make sure he had plenty of support. With them being in water, it made it quite easy to hold up the other in the water. Alfred moved carefully around the water, letting the others legs sway in the water. Alfred kept his eyes on Daniel the entire time, wanting to make sure he took him back to the shore the second he looked too uncomfortable.

“Hopefully I didn’t make you feel like I forced you in here. You seemed really nice and I didn’t want to go exploring this place alone” Alfred said with a smile as he kept going through the water. He decided he was having enough of the watering hole for now, starting to guide Daniel back to the shore of the watering hole. “That was fun!” Alfred smiled wide, finding the watering hole enjoyable. When was the last time he went swimming like that?! It was so much fun!
    *~*~*~*
    “We need to do what we can in regard to all those problems” Alexander said with a nod in referring to forced breeding and potential poachers. “And I would love to go on an expedition with you sometime once things are stable and secure enough here. I would rather it be a closer one, I am sure there will come a time when that will be possible. Expeditions are fun in their own way” Alexander said with a small chuckle, excited at the potential for more expeditions in the future. It had been some time since he had been able to go on one with Xander.

“That would be a good time to bring that up. It is an important thing to do regardless of worries of poachers and boarder safety” Alexander nodded, adding that to the to do list. “I am sure births are a distant worry for now, lower on the totem pole. Border defenses is the first along with border patrol. The monthly donations is second and expansions is third priority” Alexander adjusted a board he kept of issues in priority order next to his to do list. More focus would go to issues higher up on the list first.

“I would say that is a good place to take a break. Want to go grab lunch after all the centaurs get their meal?” Alexander smiled over at Xander. “I could use the break and I figured you probably haven’t eaten anything yet am I wrong?” He smirked at him.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles