Winds of Change (yin_yang_lover x Arawn -- private)

Arawn_Bheur

Loinnir made a soft sound of surprise at the touches, blushing darkly. He couldn't think of any reply, mind blanking at the words and the touches. They had gone from awkwardness to this in the span of a day and he had no idea how to react. He was glad when Carter pulled back because it would let him regain control.

"Yeah...let's go in," he said, voice slightly shaky, but he slid out of the car and shut door. He inhaled deeply to settle his nerves and his body's reaction to the touch. He was going to have to work on this so his brother wouldn't keep getting to him.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arawn_Bheur

• yin_yang_lover

Carter chuckled lightly before he got out of the car himself and locked it up. He looked over at his brother and laughed lightly before he walked forwards towards the diner, once they got inside they asked for a table for two and followed the hostess to the booth. He took a seat and picked up the menu looking it over. Man... I can not believe I just said and did that to him... God he must think I'm gross... He sighed hiding his face behind the menu.

Loinnir sat down in the booth, pulling a menu close and thumbing through. He smiled slightly as he glanced at Carter, noticing the sigh. "What's up?" he asked with a soft smile, eyes now focused on the menu. He really had no idea what to get because he wasn't a fan of diner food. He supposed he could order oatmeal and some fruit. That stuff was pretty generic and it wasn't like it would be over loaded with grease.

Carter shook his head before he racked a hand through his hair, just then a pretty blonde headed woman walked over and smiled at the two men. "Hello I'm Krystal your sever for the afternoon... So what can I get you gentlemen?" She asked while pulling the notepad out to take their order's. The older of the two men looked up and gave her a soft smile. "Yes can I have a diet coke please..." he said in a flirty kind of way making her flush and giggle lightly. "Sure thing cutie~" She gave him a wink and turned her head towards the other man. "And what would you have sir?"

"Coke, please," Loinnir answered, tone just a little cool. He had bristled at the flirting of his brother with the waitress even though he knew that that was how his brother was. That still didn't make him all that happy to witness it. It felt weird to be bristling like that, but he couldn't help but feel weird ever since the night before and the continued teases from his brother didn't help things.

The waitress nodded her head and wrote their drink order's down as she gave Carter a wink before she walked off. The light haired male sighed and leaned back in his seat looking at the menu that was in front of him. "Hey... Don't worry about her... Your way more beautiful then that woman anyways..." he spoke softly and lightly keeping his voice low, he could tell that his brother was getting mad at him for flirting but he did however admit that the younger male was way more beautiful then some woman. He racked a hand through his hair and took a deep breath.

Before he gave the younger male a heart stopping smile.

Loinnir's eyes widened and his jaw almost dropped at the words out of his brother's mouth, completely taken by surprise by them and the smile. He quickly regained his composure, ruffling his hair to mask the embarrassment and the shock. "Shhh..." he whispered, but a smile flickered on his face even as he gestured for his brother to not say such things in public. He had enjoyed the words even with his shock, but he didn't want anyone to hear...or anything. It could cause trouble for them in the long run.

Carter couldn't help but to laugh at his brother's embarrassment, he thought it was cute when his brother got embarrassed. "Oh relax... Nobody heard me..." He laughed lightly before the waitress came back and placed their drinks on the table. "Okay~ So have you two gentlemen decide on what to order yet?" her voice held an annoying flirty tone that was mostly directed at Carter. He looked up from his menu and gave her a flirty smile. "Yes I will like to have sunny side up eggs with some toast and bacon.." he said handing her his menu winking at her.

Her face turned red again and she looked at the other. "And what would you have sir?"

Loinnir rolled his eyes at the continued flirting. Any other reaction would have been inappropriate given their nature of siblings.

"Oatmeal with a side of fruit," he said with a soft smile at the waitress. He watched her write down the information before giving Carter another smile and walking off to get their order placed. The smile dropped from his face almost instantly. It wasn't like the flirting was unexpected, his brother was notorious for it. It just sometimes grew irritating, particularly after the teasing his brother kept doing to him. Sometimes his brother just couldn't help but get on his nerves.

Carter picked up his drink and took a sip from it. His eyes scanned the bar area, his eyes narrowed slightly before he placed his drink down. "Something isn't quite right here..." he said lowly looking away from the bar and at his brother. They were actually close to their gig. "Hey... How about this... We do or first gig and get it out of the way and then we head home... I know Michelle will kill me but something is bugging me...." His voice was low. He placed his arms on the table with a very serious look on his face.

"Other than the chick who keeps making googly eyes at you?" Loinnir asked, arching an eyebrow as he sipped his drink. He then glanced around the diner without moving, the barest frown crossing over his face and he looked at Carter again. "What do you think is going on?" He wasn't too certain what his brother could be talking about.

Carter glared lightly at his brother. "Be nice Loinnir..." he said in a deadly calm voice but shook his head as he leaned back in his seat crossing his arms over his chest as a thoughtful look came cross his face. "Well... I re-checked the newspaper clipping that I found yesterday and read it... We are a few miles from where that man has been killed..." His voice was once again low so that nobody other then his brother can hear him but that was short lived when somebody turned around and put their knee on the booth cushion. "Hey did I hear you say something about a man being killed?" A deep voice asked which caused Carter to turn his head and look at the blonde headed male.

The light haired male let out a nervous laugh as he looked at the guy. "What? Who said anything about a man being killed?..." He was laughing but stopped when he heard the man speak up. "Well if your wondering it's true... A few miles from here a man was killed... And after a few more days later another man was killed in the same way..." The blue eyed man said lowly so that the two brothers could only hear him.

Loinnir's eyes narrowed coldly at the new-comer, not liking the man on instinct. Anyone who eavesdropped wasn't good business, especially when so close to a job. He reached out and pulled the man hard onto the bench beside him. He could at least make it look like they were eating together to keep from gathering attention from others.

"I want to know everything you know," he said, tone low and cold as he watched the blonde man. His hand held the man's wrist tightly to keep him from getting up. If anyone asked, he could pass it off as them both dating regardless of the man's feelings, but he was going to get everything he could from the man.

Carter rubbed his forehead feeling a headache coming on. "Loinnir... What did I say about pulling strangers down?" His own voice was cold and hard now. He leaned forwards and propped his arms on the table as well. "H-Hey! Take it easy there hotshot! I'll tell you what I know!" he hissed coldly as he broke his wrist free from the long haired males grasp, he straightened out his black leather jacket and rubbed his wrist slightly. "Well for starter's My name is Kevin Eircson.... And I'm a..." he looked around before he whispered the last word. "Hunter... You people who hunt down demon's and what not..." he said raking a hand through his hair.

The short light haired male spoke up. "Well I'm Carter and this is my little brother Loinnir... We're hunters as well..." he spoke softly so that the three men could hear each other. Kevin nodded his head before he looked around once again and leaned forwards. "Well... I heard that a demon is in the area and decided to check it out... The marks on the first guy are really deep and look like hell hound marks...." his voice was still above a whisper. He was trying to be as quiet as he could so that he didn't draw unwanted attention his way.

Loinnir shot Carter a glare at the words and the tone. It wasn't like he made a habit of pulling down strangers of any sort. His attention quickly turned back to Kevin, watching him coolly for any signs of lying. The man seemed truthful, but hunters were known for being good liars...sometimes he really disliked them.

"Did you get any samples?" he asked. His voice was also low and still cold, but nowhere as near as it had been before. Unlike Carter, he had no issue being polite or having a light tone around others. Even eavesdroppers. "Pictures? Reports? Any of that stuff?"

He needed to know because he needed to know how much work still needed to be done, and to see how good of a hunter this Kevin was.

Before he could reply the waitress walked back over placing the two brothers food down in front of them before she walked away. Kevin watched her walk away and then turn his head back around to look at him. "Yeah I got samples alright..." he said before he reached down in his jacket pocket and took out a small vial. He handed it to Loinnir. Carter watched silently, his eyes narrowing slightly. He was not liking or trusting this man one bit. Something was off about him. Like how did he hear Carter speak when he was whispering lowly to his brother. Something just didn't fit right with him.

Loinnir took the bottle to keep from slamming the man to the ground. He had never known a hunter to give something up so quick without knowing the other hunter. He turned the vial in his hand, eyes following the movement. He glanced up at Carter briefly, a knowing glance, before he looked at Kevin.

"So, have you gotten further on the case other than thinking it might be a hell hound?" he asked with a slightly charming smile at Kevin. It was almost flirtatious, and he could use it to his advantage if Kevin bit.

However he didn't and he took the vial back pocketing it before he coughed and shook his head. "No not yet..." He then looked down at his watch and got up from the table a hard look on his face. "Well I must be off... It was nice meeting you both..." And with that said he walked out of the diner leaving the two men behind. Carter pushed his food off to the side and took out a small note pad and small pen from his pants pocket. He placed the items on the table and before he took off his pens cap. Once the cap was removed he started to sketch something out on the small note pad.

"That man gave us more information then any other hunter ever did..." he said, his voice was low as he continued on drawing. "Loinnir... I've seen that color liquid before and it was not hell hound blood..."

Loinnir watched Kevin go, eyes narrowing slightly before he looked at Carter as he drew on the sketch pad. "You're being vague," he said softly, nibbling a piece of fruit as he watched his brother. He could keep appearances of just being travelers even in the worst of times, and that meant eating even when his mind was raising with a bunch of possibilities. "Clarify, please, Carter."

Carter stopped in his sketch and pulled his plate back in front of him and dug into his food. He covered the drawing up with his plate because he saw the waitress come over and refilled their half empty glasses. She then walked away making the man to stop eating and place his plate off to the side again. He slid the note pad in front of his brother showing him the half well drawn hell hound. "Well your not thinking in the right direction honey..." He said with a smirk. He pointed at the picture and gave him a serious look.

"Hell hounds blood is much darker and more... Well gooey.... The liquid in that vial was more lighter in color and less gooey...." He stated leaning back in his seat a thoughtful look crossing over his face. "No I think we're dealing with a Tetramorph..." he closed his eyes. He could be wrong for all he knows but the claw like markings on the victims back does point in that direction.

Loinnir rolled his eyes at the 'honey' comment and he stuck out his tongue playfully. He looked at the drawing his brother had drawn and listened to the description of hell hound blood. He had figured the vial had been filled with something else. He had been covered enough with the stuff so he was fairly certain what it looked like.

A frown crossed Loinnir's face at the mention of a tetramorph. "Like the Sphinx? Minus being made of stone?" he asked, sipping his drink. He hadn't known of tetramorphs still roaming. All he knew was those associated with mythology. Then again, demons were also supposedly mythological and he knew for a fact that they were real.

The older of the two males nodded his head. "Exactly... Minus it being made from stone but... I could be wrong about that... It could be something else entirely..." He sighed before he picked up his own drink taking a sip from it. "But I am right about the blood... And when that man was talking I noticed something odd about him..." He closed his eyes after he placed his glass back on the table. "You noticed how sure he was of it being hell hound blood... He probably knew that it was not and lied about it thinking we we're stupid enough to not notice..." His voice was low and quiet like he was thinking.

Loinnir nodded slightly. "Anyone who's encountered hell hounds knows that that vial wasn't full of hell hound blood," he said as he took a bite of oatmeal before sipping his drink. No sense in wasting good food even over a conversation like this...he was starved from having waited so long to eat.

"Or...he knew we would catch onto the lie and wanted us to," he added after a minute of thinking, offering a counter thought. "And he expects us to do something about the lie."

Carter nodded his head again as he pulled over his plate once again and finished off his food. His was a quick eater to begin with. He pushed the empty plate to the side and sighed leaning his head back closing his eyes. "Have you noticed the recent number of demons popping up? Something is up..." He said after a few moments of silents. He then leaned forwards and grabbed his note pad back and started to write something on a new page. The older male was always a deep thinker, he thought about every little detail you tell him. Which made him a top notch hunter.

He was writing down what the blood looked like and hell hound. He scratched the back of his head, something was missing but what? He didn't know and that was making him pissed off.