Several Problems

Arawn_Bheur

There have been several issues I have been having with this site:

1. Whenever I click "New Posts", it does not in fact show the newest posts. It only shows one or two posts when I know there have been more according to the Activity Stream and the "New Forum Posts" section on the right-hand side of the list of the subforums.

2. A lot of times when I post it will double-post even if I hit the button just once.

3. If I refresh a page, a lot of times it times out or says something wrong on a certain line of script. The lines of script that are affected change.

4. The forum keeps crashing. It has crashed several times when I've refreshed or tried to access other pages. This has also happened to a friend of mine on here so it's not just my computer.

I just thought I'd let y'all know what has been going on on my end.

~ Arawn

• Like 1

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• Arawn_Bheur

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

1. I can't recreate the problem on my end. The posts display normal in the New Posts section. The New Posts, What's New and New Forum Posts have different cache time periods, so, in some of them the posts might be shown up with a slight delay. I'll search more on this subject to see if it's a problem from the forum platform. Anyway, it's better to check What's New first, because there the new posts are displayed firstly.

2. and 3. Are linked together. The server, as a normal computer, has a RAM. When there is a lot of activity (many users online, posting, creating threads, sending PMs, refreshing pages, watching movies, playing in the arcade), that RAM reaches its limit and you get that error (Error on line....) and if you post exactly in a moment when the RAM is about to crash, the post will double. I know we need to increase the RAM limit, but for now we don't have sufficient funds for that.

4. What exactly do you mean by 'crashing'? Can you make a print screen next time so I can see exactly what the problem is?

Thank you for letting us know your concerns!

It's not on a delay, at least a couple of minute delay. Sometimes it shows new posts after 30 minutes or so, but that's about it. It's just a bit of a pain when I look for new posts.

Yeah, I'll make a print screen the next time it happens. :)

Thank you for answering!

I know New Posts are shown with delay, but you can click on What's New from the navbar to see the new posts and threads in real time, since there the refresh cache rate is 1 minute.