Kony 2012

Kai.

KONY 2012 is a campaign and a film by Invisible Children which aims to make Joseph Kony famous, but not to celebrate him but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
to video.

I watched this video a few days ago and I don't know about the rest of you, but this video broke my heart. I knew about the abductions and I am ashamed of my ignorance for not knowing this man's name who was the cause of it all. After watching this video, it has also inspired me to help make a difference in the world for the better so i decided to also share this video on here because EVERYONE should watch this. Everyone who cares about the world we live in.

• Like 13

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• shirotsuki

• Kai.

• nicicia

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ll admit it’s not an easy topic to talk about. Before I started this thread I spent about an hour staring at the screen wondering what to write, but to be honest, I wasn’t looking for a discussion about this. I only posted this thread to get people to watch this video and hopefully they would share it with many other people to raise support.

Tears won't solve anything, but our feelings, mind, and creation will solve, we should share even if we're friendless... We should and give them, the kids their lives we also want to have.

-Now stop crying behind the laptop-

• Like 1

"humanity greatest desire is to belong and connect"

"We come here to save our life"

"We WORRY, the rebels when they arrest us again, then they will KILL us"

"We FEAR that if we sleep at our home, we can be ABDUCTED"

"you don't want to stay on earth? You would rather die than stay on earth?" "Yes. How are we going to stay in our future?"

"It's SAD"

"No child should live in fear of being abducted or killed"

"We've seen this kids! We've heard their cries! This war must end! We will not stop! We will not fear! We will fight war!"

"where you live shouldn't determine whether you live"

"fight for that! because that is what is going to change this world! and that is what defines us!"

"Deliver your voice"

KONY... "He is not fighting for any cause, but only to maintain his POWER. He is not supported by anyone. He has repeatedly used peace talk to re-arm and murder again and again."

"Crimes against humanity... including murder, sexual slavery, rapes, abductions"

"it's been over thirty thounsand of them"

"NOBODY knows who he his"

"He is INVISIBLE"

"Turning the sistem upside down... And it changes everything"

"MAKE HIM FAMOUS!"

"The unseen became visible"

"This change we are going to make is going to last forever."

"I can't stop"

"We're all doing this for the exact same reason and we're all coming from completely different places. This is what the world should be like"

"We are demanding justice"

"We care"

"People forget and you've got to remind them and it takes numbers to remind them"

"What we do or don't do, right now, will affect every generation to come"

"it's got to be 2012"

"We have to start somewhere"

"Nothing is more powerful than an idea,whose time is come! Whose time is now!"

"The better world we want is coming, it's just waiting for us to stop at nothing"

"We are shaping Human history"

"I love you, but i miss you..."

WE have to stop this! WE have to become a whole! no more different WEs.

NO more the WE poor...

NO more the WE rich...

NO more the WE safe...

NO more the WE in danger...

JUST WE!

Sadly, give it a thought, if Great Powers of World didn't have any use of this whole thing, would they keep him on the "checkmate" board? America was slapped by Osama, they chased him down and what they did? Basically the very same he did to them - killing around.

If America ,or whoever from the "Greats" can do this from a sudden slap without they having any use of it - they take care of it,in an ugly way.

So,tell me... actually who is more like a sinner, the one that keeps this sh*t of nature safe and not harmed by the justice ,or him,the one being "untouchable"?

"I love you, but i miss you..."

So sad.. His cries makes me wanna cry! TT.TT

Thank you for sharing this.. I will definitely show it to my friends.. ^^

Those children deserve a better future...

• Like 1

@Saga i see what you mean... these situations are always a little bit like that...

while helping sometimes they make it worse... not the people but the government!

they always do it the wrong way i guess...

that is sad.... i don't even know what is more sad... their situation or the way the troops deal with it... gosh!!

so frustrating!!

but the fact that i can't change anything is what's killing me!!

i feel so powerless... useless!

i hate that feeling!

i want to do something!

but i do not want to fight war with war!

hate only brings more hate...

Orgs like Save the children and International Amnesty and other projects have been working for years against this,thousand of children have died fighting for those kind of monsters and NO ONE neve moved a finger. I hate it because no one wonders how those monsters achieved that great power and who helped them. Most of the time, the same. The great powers don't care a sh**t as long as there's no money or petrol involved. Sadly, that's the world we have chosen to have...and the ones paying are always the same...the most defendless and we do always the same..we.. look to the other side, to feel less uncomfortable....

I remember reading about the U.S. Africa Command when they sent multiple missions to capture or kill Kony over the years, but they had failed each time, only to provoke a violent response and basically increased slaughter. The only problem with taking out a man who uses a child army is that his bodyguards are children, any effort to capture or kill him will result in many children’s death. Killing Kony won’t fix anything, just as killing Osama didn’t end terrorism.

child soldiers are a huge problem in Africa not just in Uganda. A lot of rebel organisations use children to fight in warfare, of course it isn't fair and its not right. It isn't just about Kony or Invisible Children, it is about the kids that are forced to fight in parts of Africa.

Tell me,if a kid gets to dart the gun towards you and your family. Talking rudely,threatening to kill you.... would you still see it as a forced kid to kill? Or as a treat for your life and the one of your family? No need to answer, I know it. Even a kid,it's a machine for killing. Every nation has its ugly side and I am enough of a human to admit it. But... I see everything as a hypocricy. These young people - true,I want to handshake every single of them... but if I set them in the situation of live or die,wonder how many would step backwards. Because I doubt if they got to meet with the real thing. With the kids that lost their hope and are simply bersek. And the thought that while I am typing this in my warm bed,drinking warm tea.....close to the heater,enjoying the snow from my window.....somewhere out there a girl is raped,or a boy is beheaded.... do I need to finish my sentence? Hah.

Dears,whatever whoever says,it's about money and power. Do not always trust what you see and hear because the truth is often hidden from our senses. Do you think America attacking some Arabic countries with kids there is different from America trying to "help'' these kids over there? - Free to believe to whatever you want. (:

I'll tell you that the world doesn't need a hero,it needs heroS.

It's a very difficult situation because no matter how you look at it, in order to capture Kony, children will die. Either because they are guarding Kony, or because they try to escape and are killed. And of course there is the danger of being caught in the crossfire.

Is there a solution where no child has to die? Yes, there is, but it's very unlikely to happen. It would be if Kony willingly gave himself up and dispanded his army. Usually, when one wants a criminal to hand himself over to police, it is done through negotiation and pressure, but how can one negotiate with a man who can't even be found? And even if he was found, he wouldn't give in if the cost was giving up his power and freedom.

It's tricky, and painful, just like every other war this planet has seen.

The people who go out there to be do-gooders just because they want others to see them doing the 'right thing' as though it was a walk in the park, are ignorant. Fighting war isn't about looking good, noble, and curageous. It's not about becoming popular, and it's not a trend or 'in fashion'.

War is painful, and not something to take lightly, because there are real lives at stake, and real lives lost. It could be yours.

I'm not saying you shouldn't help. By all means do. I'm just saying you should be smart about it. Make sure you get the facts before you go out there into the real world to fight. Choose your strategy wisely.

• Like 1