.::Scared of Japanese? - Intro to the Language::.

Saga

16215-620x-10234-620x-remembering-the-kanji.jpg

Have you heard that Japanese is one of the most difficult languages?

Taking a step back? I bet you do. When I first started learning Japanese,it was like 5, or already 6 years ago, believe me if there was someone to tell me this I would have it a lot of easier there,with learning and stuff.

What I am talking about?

Japanese is not hard. Oh,come on,don't make faces at me. (:

People do the mistake to try learn it as a memorizing thing. As a person who speaks a lot of languages,I came to understand one important rule - Never ever try to memorize. Yup,do the recalling process.

Recall what you've read,wrote or heard

Many people see Japanese as a language you should keep memorizing a bunch of kanji.

That's not it. Even a pure Japanese forget kanji. Haven't you experienced a moment when you forget a word even in your native language? And then,what you do? - Trying to recall,exactly.

The basic in Japanese is first to learn hiragana(one of the alphabets).Don't jump into a pool of kanji. It won't help you at all. Just the opposite,it'd scare you.

It causes a stress to your mind, language stress barrier.

If your native language uses Latin letters, you are doomed if you go and try learn the kanji first.

Important Tips

There are basically two alphabets in Japanese - Hiragana and Katakana. The third though is not an alphabet,it's a Chinese kanji system. Out there,you will meet no more than 100 and a bit over Japanese kanji. Everything is Chinese characters. They though get to have both in Japanese - a Japanese reading and a Chinese reading.

The tips I can give you,you should keep it in mind:

•Use the recalling method when you study,do not try to dump your brain in a bunch of memorizing exercises.

•Try to read things that can give you explanation to why the certain kanji has this meaning. It helps you a lot. The kanji history keeps the key to knowing better the language.

•Have patience. You won't start speaking the language in the first month. As in,properly.

•Have will. This is the most important thing. Set a week goal to your kanji list and go after it.

Saga©

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tsunade-hime

• mixlol

• boysbeforeflowers34.

• Saga

Thank u Saga :o

your talk somehow give me the will to countinue my studies with japanese!

well, I'm not sure if it's the best thing to do.. but I'm trying to constrait on the talking

and after I'll try to learn the Kanji!!

I hope I can make it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

i really would like to learn japanese, it's a beautiful language, but im not very good at learning languages, im still learning english xD but i think japanese pronunciation is much easier for spanish people than english pronunciation xD because their sounds are pretty similar to ours

thanks for this topic, it's really interesting and useful ^^

• 2 months later...

Saga sensei, arigatou gozaimasu^^ I need this section, I take Japanese Education for my college but my bunkei or bunpou is so bad >