ManGA/ MAngaKa that hooked you into yaoi?!

Chena93

Shungiku Nakamura! ^__^

If it weren't for Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi, then I wouldn't have to google for yaoi animie and manga to read and watch EVERYDAY!

• Like 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chena93

• Yakun

• ghordge

• R.I.O

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's a mangaka or a manga that got me hooked on yaoi, but my first yaoi manga was 6mm no Taboo and I had to say that after I git over my trauma from the first chapter, I was pretty much hooked :D

• Like 1

Shungiku Nakamura! ^__^

If it weren't for Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi, then I wouldn't have to google for yaoi anime to watch and manga to read EVERYDAY!

• Like 1

"Gravitation" by Maki Murakami is what hooked me. -.-; I know haven't been able to stop reading yaoi since I was 16. XD

• Like 2

Hinako Takanaga is definitly my favorite mangaka =)

But I have to admit that it's Shingaku Nakamura's manga Junjou Romantica that make me discovered Yaois :p

• Like 1

The Tyrant Falls In Love by Takanaga Hinako was the first yaoi manga I ever read. It was all over after that. Now I am totally hooked.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my obsession started gently, with Rin by Honami Yukine & Kannagi Satoru, so I wasn't particularly traumatized but delighted...

This gentle love, with lots of passionate moments lasts till this very day, and shows no signs of weakening whatsoever ^^

• Like 1

Mine was Yun Kouga. I have always admired her art style, and Loveless is really what got me into yaoi. I also really liked Earthian.

• Like 1

I dont really remember who got me started but the reason I like it so much now has got to be from reading mangas from Minase Masara, Fujisaki Kou, Yoneda Kou, Fuwa Shinri, Kanbe Akira and Miyamoto Kano. They all make the most beautiful and heart-wrenching stories that have hot sex scenes! :leaf4:

• Like 1

Bukiyou na silent was my first yaoi by Takanaga Hinako and I started searching for more bl stories.. but what really hooked me into yaoi was Junjou ( the anime). I've become a big fan of Sakuragi Yaya, Minase Masara and Takatsuki Noboru.

• Like 1

For me it was Nakamura Shungiku, with Junjou Romantica *__* Still one of my favorite manga, I re-read it many many times so far :D

• Like 1

:hamtaro-005 (12): KISARAGI HIROTAKA! :hamtaro-005 (12):

He is 1) MALE but draws the most detail oriented and beautiful characters and 2) has SMUTTY sex scenes while also 3) maintains a steady, interesting plot :)

• Like 1

:hamtaro-005 (12): KISARAGI HIROTAKA! :hamtaro-005 (12):

He is 1) MALE but draws the most detail oriented and beautiful characters and 2) has SMUTTY sex scenes while also 3) maintains a steady, interesting plot :)

yeah, sooo true... I love the art and the portrayal of the characters as well!

Wahhh! I fell in love with the mangaka so much that I kept on re-reading his works!

*Never thought Kisaragi-sensei is actually male... oh, well, thanks for that tidbit!

• Like 1

^Let me agree with you both, I do love his work and I was also surprised when I found out he was a guy. But that was a while ago.

Anyway he wasn't the mangaka who took me to the dark side... and for the life of me I can't really remember who it was. I do remember that the first boys love I noticed was in X1999 (actually in Tokyo Babylon first) but at the time I already knew that there was something between boys, and it was part of the reasons I watched it. What I can't remember is which was the very first time I had contact with the boyxboy romance, what I know is that it wasn't intentional and it got me a little confused at first.

• Like 1

yeah, sooo true... I love the art and the portrayal of the characters as well!

Wahhh! I fell in love with the mangaka so much that I kept on re-reading his works!

*Never thought Kisaragi-sensei is actually male... oh, well, thanks for that tidbit!

IKR!? I was stalking up his baka-updates page and my eyes went O_O

I reread Keep Out so many times I have the dialogue memorized, but it still gives me goosebumps whenever I read it (in the good way) ^^

• Like 1

IKR!? I was stalking up his baka-updates page and my eyes went O_O

I reread Keep Out so many times I have the dialogue memorized, but it still gives me goosebumps whenever I read it (in the good way) ^^

haha... when I found his manga... i felt like I came upon a box of goodies...

his just that good... and i like KEEP OUT, too...

and if I'm not mistaken, he has this manga about a foreign prince picked up by a

guy... though i'm not sure if 'pick up' is the right term...

anyways... his characters are just soo damn gorgeous...

my heart just goes... like...

Lubdub, lubdub, lubdub 30x a minute...

haha...

♥ Sakuraga Mei - I love all her work!

♥ Yoo Ha Jin - Totally captivated

♥ Inariya Fusanosuke - Hyakujitsu no Bara (Maiden rose)

♥ Yoneda Kou - she's amazing ; _ ; i love everything

♥ Madarame Hiro - her art is amazing !

♥ Kano Shiuko - Buru to Arukeba was just, "... :facepalm: ..."

But I seem to like a lot of her works, especially the whole construction workers series and $10.

amazing artist :Red_fox:

• Like 1