Forum Transfer Completed

Key

still can't find my posts.

i suppose i should just reupload them then, if that's ok. i only ever uploaded 2 drama cds so far anyway.

that aside the new site looks 10x better, good job. ^__^

• Like 1

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Yeah, I noticed posts are gone, including some of mine (YaoiOtaku translations). I'm currently trying to redo the import all over again, if it will allow, as this converter has some restrictions too.

If we won't be able to get them, I guess we just have to re-upload those things ( :

Thanks a lot for the support and understanding! {3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for your hard work.
That was extremely courageous of you to migrate such a huge and intricated database.

I deeply sympathyse with you about the butterfly effects and hope you don't  lose your mind correcting  them!
The site was becoming slower every day and as a regular uploader, I can only thank you for your decision.

I will have to change my scripts as well since the posts have now a more orthodox html structure. I hope to share new books very soon.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I could not edit my previous message. I don't know if it is by design or a bug.

Anywyay, as I said earlier, I generate my posts with scripts and I need to be able to post in source format.

If I'm not mistaken the site is relying on ckeditor. If so, do you think you could possibly enable the source edition area or source dialog plugins in the ckeditor?
Or maybe there is already another way of posting in source format and I missed it?

Sorry for being a pain.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support! Yeah, I had to be courageous about it since the old platform really had no future (it's not even supported on modern servers that nowadays come with PHP 7, not with PHP 6, as the old platform used).

Sure thing, I enabled the source code, it should appear as the first button in the editor 🙂

• Like 1

I can see it’s an issue others are having too. Most of my RP’s are back but strangely one of the more recently edited/added to one is missing... while older and inactive ones are there.

The one I’m missing and hoping to be returned (if possible) is with Sosuke and called Jewelled Petals. It would be a shame to lose so much hard work.

Thanks in advance.

The new site looks great though.

Just now, syaoran-puu said:

I can see it’s an issue others are having too. Most of my RP’s are back but strangely one of the more recently edited/added to one is missing... while older and inactive ones are there.

The one I’m missing and hoping to be returned (if possible) is with Sosuke and called Jewelled Petals. It would be a shame to lose so much hard work.

Thanks in advance.

The new site looks great though.

Hello, 
as already stated, recent threads were lost. Initially all threads from 2020 were gone; but after re-doing the whole process again, only selective ones were retrieved from 2020. Therefore, it really depends how 'recent' the thread was. If it is gone, it is lost and cannot be retrieved. It is not something that we can re-import manually. 

Thank you for the support. 
Regards,
Saga

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Saga said:

Hello, 
as already stated, recent threads were lost. Initially all threads from 2020 were gone; but after re-doing the whole process again, only selective ones were retrieved from 2020. Therefore, it really depends how 'recent' the thread was. If it is gone, it is lost and cannot be retrieved. It is not something that we can re-import manually. 

Thank you for the support. 
Regards,
Saga

I see. It was started in June 2020 with the last post about a week or two before the update. Without actually seeing the thread I couldn’t tell more details, I think it had 15+ pages .... and from the sound of it it’s completely gone.  A real shame. Really wish I had saved the text in a word document now. 😱

Thanks for your help.... Sya x

• Like 1

The new forum looks great! Hopefully whatever downloads that were lost are replaceable by current uploaders.

, when do you think the donation page will be back up?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Key said:

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support! Yeah, I had to be courageous about it since the old platform really had no future (it's not even supported on modern servers that nowadays come with PHP 7, not with PHP 6, as the old platform used).

Sure thing, I enabled the source code, it should appear as the first button in the editor 🙂

Thanks, perfect!

you're a star! Now it's my turn to sweat a bit HeHe

• Haha 1

Thank you, I'm glad you like it! I'm slowly trying to get back all the previous forum features, or at least most of them, so, in the next days it should be available again ;D

Thanks a lot! ;D

• Like 2

I have re-posted all my missing posts (from end of May to several days ago) in the BL novel downloads forum.

I know Amara is currently doing the same.

We might end up with duplicates if you guys can eventually manage to get the old ones back.

We would need some help cleaning a bit then. We'll see.

• Thanks 1