Ultra Blue [confidant_v & StainedCrimson]

confidant_v

When Tam had knocked on the door Stillang had just tossed on a robe to start getting ready for the day. So when he opened it to answer the little boy, it was only loosely closed at the waist, revealing a teasing glimpse of the cobalt's chest and part of a shoulder. That is the sight that greets the mercury when he grabs the child before running off.

In response the lord merely raises an eyebrow then lets out an inaudible sigh before shaking his head as he turns, closing the door behind him. Pushing a hand through his hair, he goes to wash up and get dressed. Last night and this morning had been lovely distractions, the other cobalt being very talented and eager, but it was another day and he had a clan to lead.

As he leaves his room, he stops one of the workers. "Be sure to pass this along and it gets to everyone. Should our guest politely ask to see me, and if I'm not in a meeting, allow him to be brought to me. I have a few things to discuss with him." The servant bows then leaves as Stillang continues on his way.

Slowing as a thought crosses his mind, a grin slowly appears. So, he wants to be nosy hm? Let's see what he thinks of what happens to those who get nosy. Shifting course slightly, he passes near where Catriona and Tam are, and connects with the wonderful toy he put on the other male. He messes with the balls on it so that they begin to vibrate. Smiling to himself as he walks away, his ears are open to hear how the other responds to the new stimulation.

The vibration isn't constant though. Oh no, it comes and goes at random. There may be minutes between vibrations, or it could be an hour or two. The torment persists for the day, but stops after full dark.

Stillang looks forward to the reports on the mercury that day, as not only does the young male have to be schooled by Tam, but now he has to deal with additional torment.

I wonder how long he'll last before he comes either demanding or begging for it to stop. The cobalt leader covers his mouth to stifle his chuckle and hide his smile.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StainedCrimson

• confidant_v

"I only did what you asked! There's no reason to be mad! And honestly, you don't have to be nervous around Lord Stillang! He's really friendly and nice and I'm sure he'll answer your question if you just ask. I think he was about to tell me who that guy was, but you ran off with me."

Tam's words went on and on and on. Normally, Catriona would tell him to shut up and find someone else to bother, but his mind was rather distracted. As he ran away he managed to catch a glimpse of Stillang. All of those elegant, regal robes hid his body, which turned out to be a delightful sight for the young mercury. He'd never felt any sort of attraction to anyone, so much so that he had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that his feeling boiling inside of him was indeed attraction. No one's chest should look so easy to touch, so strong and firm. And the lovely marbling of his skin... Catriona was always proud of his own metallic silver skin and the fact that it could change colors in certain lighting, but Stillang... This was the first time Catriona thought that maybe, just possibly, someone else had even more beautiful skin than him.

"Catri! Are you listening?"

Catriona looked up from his place on the floor where he collapsed cross-legged. Tam was standing over him, and somehow Catriona felt that this was his new reality.

"I said call me Catriona."

"You've gotta listen to me, okay! I have to teach you to be good or Lord Stillang will be disappointed in you!"

"Who said that you--ahh..." Catriona's words trailed off as a heavy gasp left him. What... What was... "Ngh..." Catriona suddenly drew his knees to his chest and hugged them tightly, as if that would stop the strange feeling in his groin. His chest heaved as he tried to keep himself calm, but he'd never felt anything like this before. He tried to hold in his whimpers, but the strange looks the guards gave him didn't go unnoticed.

"Are you okay, Catri?"

Tam and Catriona shared the same level of confusion. Just as quickly as the feeling had appeared it had gone away. Out of the corner of his eye, Catriona saw Stillang and it was then that he realized the truth. The man could control this damn device from afar. As if it didn't already torture him enough! There was more to this contraption than Catriona knew and frankly he was frightened of what else was to come.

"I'm fine. Anyway, you were saying that--ahh!" Catriona covered his mouth as the vibration started again. He hated this. He hated that someone was making him feel this way. He hated that someone had managed to sexually conquer him, and what's worse was the man wasn't even around. No one should be allowed to hear Catriona make these noises. No one should know just how sensitive or insensitive he was. Only the person Catriona deemed privy to that information should be allowed to have it and yet Stillang forced it out of him.

"Do you need to see a doctor?" Tam asked, not realizing exactly what was causing Catriona's discomfort.

"No... No, I'm fine."

This went on all day. Tam attempting to get Catriona to speak politely or bow or other basic forms of politeness, and Catriona ignoring him or fidgeting as his body fell from his control. At some point the feeling overwhelmed him and the mercury had had enough.

"Take me to Stillang. Take me to him right--"

"Stop!" Tam pushed himself between Catriona and the servant that was getting harassed. "You need to ask nicely! And you have to say 'Lord Stillang,' okay? Say please and--"

"Tam, I swear if you don't get out of my way I'll--"

"Just say please and people will be nice to you!"

"Tam, you don't know what I'm dealing with here! Can you please just--"

"There! You said it! Now try saying it to this person!"

Dammit. Oh, how Catriona wanted to kick and scream and cry and whine. Oh, how he wanted to fill this hallway with mercury and poison everyone in it. The device was buzzing, buzzing and it was driving him mad. All he wanted was to see Stillang and get him to take this damn thing off. This uncomfortable, horrible, violating thing.

"Can you please... please take me to Still--Lord Stillang?" Catriona spoke through his teeth, but Tam gave a satisfied nod and looked up at the servant. Were it not for him the servant probably wouldn't have accepted that horrible attempt at politeness, but even she could see that the boy was already a good influence on their arrogant guest. She smiled at Catriona and motioned for him to follow her to Stillang's room.

"My lord?" She called through the door after knocking on the it. "Catriona has asked somewhat nicely to see you. If you'd like to see him I'll leave him waiting at the door. I shall take Tam with me as well. While he appears to be a positive influence on the young man I'm sure you wish to speak with Catriona in private."

"Somewhat? Really?"

She shrugged at Catriona before taking Tam's hand and guiding him away, praising him for the good work he was doing for everyone. Catriona, however, didn't like waiting. "Stillang! You heard her! I asked nicely! Open the door!"

When the guards changed shifts they would give reports to their lord before officially leaving their shifts. Each time he was given an update on how odd the other was behaving, it took enormous effort to show no emotion. He was pleased with hearing of Tam's efforts, however, and would allow a small smile when hearing the boy is still eager and enthusiastic about his task.

Stillang is a tad surprised at how long it takes before the mercury is once more outside his door.

He, of course, hears the exchange that happens right outside it and when the other decides to be impetuous punishes him by upping the vibration intensity. Calmly taking a sip of his drink, he waits a few moments before slowly making his way over to the door after setting the glass down. Opening the door Stillang looks down at the mercurial male with a raised eyebrow. "Hmm, I suppose it was too much to hope that some of the manners you learned would last long. Still, it seems Tam is proving to be a positive experience."

Standing and watching the other, not letting up on the vibrations just yet, he waits several long moments before stepping back and gestures the other to come in. "I'm going to presume you wish to have some sort of conversation. While I have no hopes of it being civilized or polite, I'll at least give you some privacy and honor by letting you express your concerns in the room." He glances out of the side of his eye at Catriona. "Though it would be more proper and healthy to your honor and reputation to try and see me in my office than my private chambers all the time. People might think that you're doing what you failed at last night."

And the reason why the other is in pleasurable hell at the moment. Had the other not attempted to play, or even seriously, seduce the cobalt leader then the contraption would never have been put on. However, Catriona had opened the door to those types of punishments with his actions and Stillang isn't one to ignore an advantage he can use.

After closing the door and sitting down, he faces his nighttime guest while taking another sip of his drink. As he sets it down he addresses the other. "Now then, what brings you to see me so late at night?" He allows the vibration to fade, but remain ever so slightly present.

No need to make this easy for young heir after all.

Not a moment had passed before a loud cry escaped Catriona followed by moans that he had no control over. He backed away from the door as if that would help before falling to the floor and bringing his knees to his chest once again. He was sure that the servant and Tam were still close enough to hear him, but he trusted the servant to keep Tam away for now. Not that he was concerned or anything....

A few whimpers left the young heir before another cry left him. He was mad at himself for not having more control over his own body. He shouldn't be making these noises and yet couldn't control them. Stillang was the one in control, and it frustrated Catriona to no end. Even worse was that when the man finally opened the door he simply looked down at Catriona. Everyone in this place looked down at him, even little Tam. The only thing Catriona could think to do to show some semblance of pride was to meet Stillang's eyes directly. It didn't help the fact that he embarrassed himself with his gasps and moans, and with his legs rubbing together. He eventually bit the back of his wrist before being invited inside.

It took everything in him to stand. This feeling was more than unfamiliar and he didn't know how anyone could function with this type of thing happening to them. His legs wobbled as he balanced on them, and once he was in the room he simply fell to the floor again. The warmth and electricity running through him turned his legs to jelly. Even when the other lowered the vibration it still took a moment for Catriona to catch his breath and gather his thoughts. How could he focus with this damn thing still running?

"Take it off," he managed to get out between his gasps. "I understand, okay? I shouldn't have tried to fool you. I should have damn well known you wouldn't fall for it." Catriona shook his head as he thought about all of the men and women before Stillang who had indeed fallen for it. The one time it didn't work was the time when Catriona was stuck with this man for minimum six months. "Just take it off of me. I've had enough."

That wasn't the only thing Catriona had come in here for. He finally managed to calm down enough to stand, though he hardly looked the part of regal Mercury heir. He glared at Stillang through strands of hair that fell in front of his face, and it was all he could do to tolerate these simple, horrible clothes he'd been provided with. "That being said, you... No, rather no one should get to see me like that. You're the only who's made me feel this way. Do you understand? Do you understand what I'm saying? My body is sacred and I don't appreciate it getting played with like this. And on top of that you... You don't even care! That man last night... How dare you?! You don't even care that you're the only one who's done this to my body! You just find yourself someone else and leave me screaming and crying."

Catriona shook his head, slowly going mad at the low vibration that was now a constant as he tried to keep himself under control. "Just take it off of me. Just take it off and that'll be that."

Perhaps it was time to use a Tam tactic. Catriona cocked his head to the side, his white eyes staring hard at Stillang.

"Please?"

Stillang listens without saying anything until the other finishes, merely raising an eyebrow as the other hurls words at him. It takes a lot for him to hold in the laugh as long as he does. Still, he holds a hand to his mouth to stifle it a bit as he glances away. His shoulders shake minutely for a few moments before he takes a slow inhale.

Facing the other, he tilts his head. "Do you honestly think any of that matters here? Or that apologizing only to me, insincerely at that, will make up for what you've done? No." He shakes his head slowly while keeping eye contact. "That stays on. One day for each horse you killed. That means you have four more days to go."

Standing up, the cobalt slowly makes his way over to the other and stops just a step away. "As for how you feel about what I'm doing to you, why should that matter to me anymore than your attempts to manipulate meant to you? This is a door you opened with your actions, not I. If you weren't prepared for follow through then you shouldn't have tried it." Leaning down slightly to be more eye level, he continues. "As for what I do on my own time, I repeat, why should I care what it means to you?"

A pause is allowed for Catriona to respond before Stillang continues, uncaring if he cuts the other off or not. "Nothing. You are a charge I have been given. That is it. You are not of my clan, not someone I am courting, nor are you even a lover or someone warming my bed." He tilts his head in thought. "Even if I were open to such a thing, taking someone obviously so unwilling and uninterested? Try acting like a jealous lover when you mean to follow through on it."

Straightening with a snort, he goes back to his seat. "Not that after all this I would easily believe it to be genuine." Sitting down he once more makes eye contact with the mercury. "That is, in part, the consequence of your behavior and actions. None here will easily believe anything you say or do is genuine or true. You are reaping what you have sowed. While you might have gotten away with acting as you have at your home due to being the heir, this is a very real case of what happens when you act as such and have no standing to back you."

Tapping a finger, Stillang looks thoughtful. "Now then, to discourage further invasion of my bedroom without intention use it as it is meant, you get to enjoy another addition. This one will only last through tomorrow, unless you barge in again." As he finishes speaking small threads flow out from the bands cupping Catriona's ass. The thin strands flow along the curve of the globes then push into that hidden entrance. They're not large enough to cause much notice except for slight pressure.

Not until they stop and the end swell to form two balls, one above the other, right on the special bundle of nerves. This means that the male is now experiencing stimulation both inside and outside, and no way to get hard or get off.

"You may go now. Unless you have something else to say?" The words are calmly and innocently said, but it should be clear that the other's words should be chosen carefully as they could have very real consequences.

Every single word was like a knife jabbing into Catriona's chest. He'd never met a man so confident, so sure of himself and his decisions. Not even his father held a candle to Stillang when it came to pure intimidation. The biggest difference was that with Stillang there were no tricks or gimmicks. His certainty allowed no room for argument, and this alone left Catriona feeling very small. He'd never once in life felt like he was the scum of the earth, and yet Stillang had managed to make him feel like he was just an ant. Smaller than that even.

It didn't help at all that this new "addition" was far more invasive than Catriona realized. He felt the threads prod at him and gasped when he felt them enter him. "No. No, no, stop it. You don't get too--" He interrupted himself with a loud cry as the ends swell, filling him up fully. He squeezes his eyes shut as he falls to knees again, trying to get his moans and whines under control. "What is wrong with you?" he mumbled, his eyes watering at the strange stimulation. "What kind of sick punishments are these? If you say you're not going to take an unwilling participant then why have you...." Catriona clutched at his stomach as warmth grew within it. Is this what it felt like to....

"Make it stop, okay! What do I need to do? Just make this feeling stop! I hate it!" Or rather he didn't want to admit that this new feeling was quite interesting.... Exciting even. He didn't want to admit that just maybe a part of him was enjoying this new punishment. It hurt some and he felt even more violated than before, not to mention that he still refused to accept that Stillang would do this to him and then so readily take someone else. All of that, however, didn't mean that this feeling wasn't pleasant in it's own right. If anything it offered a sneak peek into what sex was really like. Then again, he wondered if the warmth that filled his lower half and traveled through his body varied from person to person.

Either way, he ultimately wanted it off. His hand clutched the fabric of his shirt and he kept his head down as his chest heaved up and down. These moans were hardly like the ones from before. They were eager, asking for more in their own way. Not that Catriona knew how he sounded as he tried to gather his words. All he knew was that the Cobalt leader heard his discomfort and was relishing in it. "I already admitted I was wrong, okay? Why would you take it this far? I... I can't last like this until tomorrow, just please take it off already."

Stillang lets the other rant and doesn't appear to be moved by the other's words or actions in the slightest. And, mostly, he isn't. "There is a difference of an unwilling sexual partner and giving fitting punishment to one who refuses to acknowledge their wrongs and faults in character. I am not taking you to my bed or even laying a hand on you." Which is true. Even the few times the cobalt has physically touched the other with something other than his hair, in no way could they have been taken as anything remotely sexual.

With a sigh he waves as if tired and dismissing the whole affair. "At this point all your protests are starting to sound far too much like the boy who cried wolf. Perhaps you're actually enjoying the attention and punishment and are too embarrassed to admit it. Even to yourself." He gives a slight shrug. "Not really a concern of mine either. Regardless you will be following through with your punishments. I doubt anything else will stick with you."

Standing up he goes to the door and talks to the guard that was waiting nearby for Catriona. "He's leaving now. If you would carry him back that would be best. He is not feeling well right now." Moving to the side he gestures to the fallen mercury and the guard enters to do as he is bid.

Soon the other is taken out of the lord's room and back to his own small one. The guard is silent, but not rough or rude with his charge, and leaves once he is set on the bed.

After both had left, Stillang sits back on his chair with a low laugh. Ah, that had been a wonderful find. It would seem that his charge is learning about his sexual side and appears to enjoy being tormented and humiliated despite all his squawking. The reactions leads him to wonder if the young male has even ever cum before.

"I'll be sure to give him a most memorable six months of firsts." He murmurs settling back while one hand lightly strokes his hardened flesh. He hadn't been completely unmoved by Catriona's words and sounds after all, oh no. However, he wasn't affected in a way that would get the mercury what he wanted. Instead seeing that proud spoiled brat brought to his knees, both fighting and enjoying the punishment put upon him by the cobalt, had gotten him aroused and interested in toying with him even more.

Taking himself more firmly in hand, the lord debates on how to play with his new toy while still working on his goals of teaching the other manners. A thought is formed and soon Stillang grunts as he releases as the images of how he's going to torment the proud youth some more fill his mind.

Letting out a soft pleased breath, he gets cleaned up then sends a message to Tam that he will be helping teach Catriona meal time manners next, and that the two of them will help serve and spend lunch with himself and a few others.

Oh, how Catriona wanted so badly to fight back against Stillang. It was hard for him to admit that he was helpless when it came to this man. Or rather, he didn't admit it all. He simply accepted the fact that losing battles against Stillang was becoming a habit and he needed to break it sooner rather than later. Yet, he'd never dealt with a foe quite like this one before. Even his enemies who found him sexually appealing never made it as far as a touch here or there, and that was only because Catriona allowed it. No, Stillang was completely different. He managed so much more than a small touch, and what was worse was that Catriona couldn't fully deny his enjoyment.

Once he set on his bed he curled on his side and tossed his thin blanket over himself. A few whimpers escaped him as he rubbed his legs together, unknowingly trying to force some friction against his cock. It was rare that Catriona experienced anything new or interesting, and he would be wrong to say that whatever this contraption was doing to him wasn't both. He didn't have words for the feeling swirling in his stomach. Tingling. Warm. A sweet kind of pain. There was no description, at least not one he could think of... Not in this state.

He found that odd as well. It was difficult to think when these things were pressing inside of him. All he could do was focus on his breathing, making sure he inhaled and exhaled. His chest heaved up and down, and it felt impossible to keep his moans low so the guards outside his door wouldn't hear him. For as badly as he wanted this insane contraption off him he wasn't going to let this opportunity to explore go to waste. It was already happening so why not try and make some sense of it?

His mind was far behind his body, though. By now Catriona's hips were slowly rotating, trying to force the swollen ends of the threads to move against his sensitive area. His eyes watered as rolled onto his back, unsure exactly how to get these things to work for him. He hardly knew how to get more stimulation, though it seemed his instincts weren't letting him down. When was the last time his hands traveled so low, squeezing and rubbing to get some hint of friction. These damn threads were in the way of his pleasure. He was about to pull at them in an attempt to rip them apart when something stopped him.

Who the hell would knock on his door now of all times?

"Catriona?"

Before waiting for an answer little Tam walked in, his usual bright smile plastered on his face. "Come on, we have to go!"

"What?" Catriona had curled back as if he had been sleeping just in time. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Lord Stillang said we can join him at lunch and we get to serve him and his friends too!"

Catriona snorted. Like hell he was going to serve anyone let alone even attempt to walk around in this state. "Go by yourself."

"No, Catri! We have to go together! Come on, get yourself together."

"Tam--Tam, no! I'm not--good lord, Tam." The young boy pulled Catriona up and sat behind him as he brushed his hair. It was a split decision to do that. As soon as Tam saw that mess of hair he made an executive decision to help this boy as much as he could. Not that Catriona could appreciate it.

"I'm basically at the same level as Stillang, okay? I'm not going to fucking serve him anything."

"Hey! Watch your language! And why do you say that? You want to pretend you're a lord?"

"What? Pretend? Tam, do you even know who I am? I'm essentially a prince."

"No, you're not. You shouldn't lie to me."

"I'm not lying!"

"Then why do you always look so messed up?"

"......"

"Princes brush their hair."

"No, princes have other people brush their hair and that's why you're brushing mine right now."

"I'm brushing yours because we have to get ready and you're lazy!"

Catriona couldn't handle much more of Tam's childish honesty. Not that he saw it as honesty. He mostly viewed it as plain insults, and thus gave the young child a slap on his knee. "Stop saying things like that."

"I'm gonna tell Lord Stillang that you hit me," Tam said simply, still running the brush through Catriona's hair. Of course the child wasn't hurt. The slap barely stung, but Tam was wily and already knew how to manipulate his new best friend. It didn't take a genius to learn that Catriona was somewhat scared of Stillang and wouldn't want to get on his bad side (even more than he already was).

"You'll do no such thing."

"Better come serve lunch with me then."

"Ohhh, you're a dirty kid."

Tam shrugged and giggled as he tied Catriona's hair in a ponytail and leapt off the bed. "Come on! We got to go!"

Catriona whined as he slowly rolled off the bed. The last thing he wanted to do was go serve these Cobalts and eat with them when he was feeling this way. He still felt that warmth and every time he moved his legs those damn things inside of him rubbed against him, making it difficult for him to hold in his little whimpers and moans. More importantly...

"I can't..." Catriona fell to his knees as soon as he managed to stand. The unexpected effects from all of this stimulation were

weak knees and jelly legs. "Listen, I'll meet you there. I will, okay? I promise. I just... I just need a moment."

Tam just sighed, not realizing that Catriona was for once being genuine. It seemed Stillang's words were true and were indeed coming back to haunt the young heir. Not even his supposed best friend believed him when he truly couldn't find the strength to stand. "Alright. I'll let Lord Stillang know, but I don't think he's going to be happy."

It took everything for Catriona to pull himself back onto the bed, though he positioned himself so he was bending over the edge, his legs holding him up so they could try and work again. How did he even get himself to this situation?

"Trust me, I know."

The lord is already arriving and talking with the other cobalts as Tam and Catriona had their conversation. It wasn't as if those two would be the only ones serving and catering to them after all. That would be unrealistic and unfair to the young boy, though suitably abrasive to the mercury.

"So, I hear your newest task from our betters is causing some trouble." One cobalt comments with a grin. The others either give smiles and nods or frowns depending on if they have been personally inconvenienced by the actions of the mercury.

The clan leader rolls his shoulders in a shrug. "He is troublesome, yes. Mostly headstrong and stubborn due to lack of proper manners and discipline, but not untrainable." Thinking of his "training" methods, he gives a faint smile. It pleases him to envision the other wrapped in his element while suffering from, before now, unbeknownst pleasure tempered by discomfort and pain.

The smile is brief and soon they shift to other matters. The others giving reports on their own tasks that they had handled. When Tam arrives without Catriona, the lord raises an eyebrow. After the child passes along the message, Stillang lets out a soft hum while lightly stroking his chin.

"I see. Well then, how does this sound Tam? I'll let you decide what repentance he needs to make for being late, provided he does show at some point. If he misses entirely then I'll take over and decide it. If that is too much for you then say so. I'm sure I can have someone else give him tasks to do." He gives the young cobalt a small smile and lightly pats his head.

Catriona didn't know how much time had passed before he finally showed up to the lunch. As soon as he got there the other servers and Tam guided him to the chef, Altria, how immediately gave him his uniform and was hardly welcoming as she commanded him around. Naturally, he mostly ignored her instructions. He took his time putting on his uniform, simple slacks and and decorative vest over a white shirt, before finally making it back to her. By then the first course had already been served and Chef Altria, much to her own dismay, decided to allow Catriona to serve the palette cleanser.

"Here's some strawberry sorbet. It has a soft taste, just a hint of strawberry, and is meant to clean the palette for the next meal. Please inform them of that when you serve them."

"Shouldn't they already know?" Catriona's voice was as condescending as he could manage; even little Tam was taken aback by the pure venom within it.

Chef Altria, on the other hand, was not one to mess with. "You come from a royal family, correct? Are you telling me your servers never had the courtesy to explain what you are eating? I knew the Mercury clan was vile, but I had no idea they were so primitive too."

"You take that back, you--"

"Take the sorbet to them now. Lord Stillang is served first. If you disobey me I have strict orders to report you to him and allow him to deal with you. He reminded me that you're not my headache to deal with, and I'm sure he has some... Pleasant punishments for you in mind."

Catriona stared at the young woman, hoping his empty eyes conveyed all of the hate he could ever have in this life and the next. That hate was only intensified at the smirk she gave him before she walked off to handle her other servers. She had no intention of allowing Catriona to serve the more complex dishes, but surely the pain in the ass could handle a few cups of sorbet. Of course, she was quickly proven wrong. Her eyes grew to the size of saucers when she heard several crashes, the obvious sound of glass bowls shattering to little pieces. She immediately ran from the kitchen--which was separated only by a curtain to allow the delightful smells and excitement of a behind the scenes look to entertain the guests--to the dining area to see Catriona standing before countless glass shards and puddles of sorbet on the floor.

"Oops," he whispered before he looked up and noticed her. "It was an accident. I promise, it was an accident, okay? I've never done this before and--"

"Just get back in the kitchen," Altria mumbled while she thought about damage control. One of the other servers grabbed Catriona's arm and dragged him away, not listening to his protests or cries of innocence. "I apologize, my lords." Altria bowed before the group of diners, both hoping and knowing that none of this was truly on her. "I'll have a chat with the young mercury. I may decide to simply have him clean up afterwards so there are no more mistakes like this. Again, I apologize for my oversight."

With that, Altria stormed back to the kitchen where she immediately approached Catriona.

"Are you insane?" Her voice was quiet, though trembling with anger. She put herself so close to the young man that she could feel his breath on her nose. "Are you trying to sabotage me? It won't work. Lord Stillang won't blame me for your stupid actions."

"It. Was. An. Accident." Catriona paused between each word, further insulting the already upset chef. "What part of that don't you understand? It's not my fault that your goddamn leader decided to have someone like me, who's never done this before, try to help you out. If you have a bone to pick, take it up with him."

"Do not speak of him that way. And you know damn well that was no accident."

At this point Tam decided to intervene, hoping to keep the peace as best as he could. "It was! I promise it was! I saw him. He just couldn't balance the bowls well on the tray. He didn't try to--"

"Little Tam, you would be wise to not trust this child."

"Child?" Catriona repeated, his eyes narrowing.

"Yes. You are nothing but a petty child. How dare you come into my kitchen and attempt to ruin my meal for Lord Stillang and his friends."

"Get it through your thick skull! I didn't do it on purpose! I--"

Catriona was silenced when Altria's palm met with his cheek. He barely had time to register the stinging sensation before his instincts kicked in; he slapped her back without a moment's hesitation, smiling at the shocked look on her face. "Don't you ever lay a hand on me again," he whispered, ready to slap her again. Another option for punishment entered his field of view, though, and he quickly took advantage of it. As a server passed by with glasses of wine to make up for the lost sorbet, Catriona grabbed one and tossed the burgundy liquid in her face, causing her to let out a small shout. Afterwards he slammed the glass on the ground and backed away.

With that, Catriona left and as he passed the diners he pointed to both Stillang and Altria who had followed him. "I'd rather die than ever see the likes of you two--any of you--again." Those were his final words as he ran off; he didn't know where he was going, but he knew he didn't want to be around any of those people. How dare they try to humiliate him like that? How dare they treat him like some low-class no one? As he ran off he didn't care that he left Altria to apologize to the diners, nor did he realize that he left a crying Tam, who assumed that Catriona had been speaking about him as well.

Destruction seemed to be a natural thing to the young mercury.

Stillang meets the mercury's gaze without any indication of how the other's behavior and words impacted him. However, only a fool would assume the impassive facade would mean that the lord was anything but angry in the young male. Though perhaps there is some disappointment as well. He had not thought that the young heir was so petty, spoiled, and heartless as to make a young child cry.

Before the other could break eye contact first, to storm off, the cobalt leader turns and dismisses the other without acknowledging anything he has said or done. Turning to the head cook he gives a small smile. "No need to worry Altria. I'm sure the meal is still going to be delicious. It seems we will be down one, however, so if anyone on your staff would like to take the extra portion feel free to give it to whomever you see fit."

Continuing to do damage control, the lord then goes over to the crying child. Kneeling down he gently pets the boy's head. "It will be alright Tam. No need to waste your tears on someone who is undeserving of them. Come sit down and eat." He helps the young cobalt to wipe his face and get settled in his spot.

The others present of course mentally make note of everything, but have already been told to say nothing of what occurs during the meal until alone with Stillang after.

They finish the meal without any further mishaps and before leaving to meet with the others, sets time to talk with Tam later about what happened in the kitchen as well as to discuss the consequence for how Catriona acted. As the group meets in the leader's office, a general consensus is reached.

"Yes, the dropping of the bowls was an accident. However, his response to everything following after is no excuse." One comments as the others, Stillang included, nod in agreement.

"True. Though I don't think that the idea that no one would believe him, despite my warning him of the consequences of his behavior, really started to take root until this. That is still no excuse, but it may provide some insight as to just how little he is regarded." Stillang muses while lightly tapping his fingers on his chair arm.

Another exchanges looks with the others before slowly speaking. "I am not so sure milord. He appears to have a shocking deficit of anything other than his own satisfaction, and personal insight or awareness of negative consequences don't seem to exist." The others offer nods or murmurs of agreement.

The cobalt leader leans back in his chair, steepling his fingers. "Perhaps that is so. Only time will tell. Still, I cannot let this pass without consequence so he will be suitably punished." His comment is met with nods. "For now continue to observe and provided the offense isn't too severe or serious then continue with the direction of the punishment fits the crime. If uncertain then see me first." With that the others stand to bow and take their leave.

Before his meeting with Tam, he rings for a servant. "Have the mercury found and confined to his room if he is not already there. He is to be brought to me after I meet with Tam."

The servant bows and goes off to carry his orders. Stillang is left alone for a few minutes as he thinks about how things have changed since his visit to the mercury clan. Stifling a sigh he gives Tam permission to enter. He greets the child with another smile. "Hello Tam. Take a seat and tell me what happened in as much detail as you can, then I want you to tell me what you think the consequence should be."

Tam couldn't think of a more uncomfortable situation to be in. The fact of the matter was that he liked the young mercury. He wasn't oblivious to the fact that Catriona was obnoxious, arrogant, and definitely needed lessons on manners and general kindness, but at the same time Catriona had never offended him. At least not until now. Hearing him say that he didn't want to see anyone, anyone at all, made Tam feel like he had been included in that. But that couldn't have been right. They were friends... Right?

After the lunch Tam went immediately to Catriona's room. He had a feeling he'd be there, and sure enough the guards had informed him that the heir was behind the door. All Tam wanted to do was talk. When it came down to it, he felt that tonight's events could have been avoided if Catriona knew how to speak diplomatically and how to control his temper. There were plenty of other things Catriona needed to work on--his entitlement, his prideful nature, his sharp tongue--but tonight... Tonight would have been different if he just knew how to say sorry. And maybe Catriona wasn't so incapable of saying sorry... Tam felt like he he could get an apology out of him, but he had no chance. A summoning from Stillang was in order and the little boy always obeyed his leader.

This was the first time that Tam felt uncomfortable under Stillang's gaze. He shifted in his seat and kept his eyes to the ground, avoiding looking at his leader. Even so, he wouldn't deny the other details of what happened. "You saw it, right? He dropped the bowls on accident. It was just a mistake, but Chef Altria thought he was trying to sabotage her meal. She got mad and so did Catriona. I guess he just felt like he needed to defend himself, but... I mean..." Again, Tam shifted uncomfortably, and began picking at his nails. "She hit him first, you know..." he mumbled, slumping down into the chair until he remembered exactly who he was in front of. He sat back up as straight as possible, though kept his eyes on his now fascinating nails. "She slapped him and he lost his temper. He has a bad temper, Lord Stillang, really bad. So when she hit him umm... He hit her back and threw wine on her before leaving." Tam was quiet for a while after this. He knew better than to defend Catriona's actions, but he also felt like both parties could have behaved better. Adults always seemed more immature than Tam and his friends... Why couldn't they talk properly to one another?

"I don't know what the consequence should be," Tam finally said in a small voice. Little sniffles came from him and he wiped his eyes with his sleeve as the severity of what happened slowly dawned on him. "I mean, he should certainly apologize. I can help him. I mean I think I can. Do you think...." After all this time, Tam finally looked into Stillang's eyes, his own glassy and wet with tears. "Do you think he meant that he didn't want to see me anymore either? He couldn't have, right? He's my friend. Friends don't say those things about each other."

Tam spent some time getting his tears out before he finally calmed down enough to continue speaking. "I overheard one of the guards saying Catriona can't swim." Or rather he overheard one of the guards saying they should throw Catriona in a lake and watch him drown, but there was no need to get into details. "Maybe we can bring him to the lake. We can show him it's not so bad and that there's nothing to really be scared of. Maybe we can even teach him to swim. I know it doesn't sound like a punishment, but making him do something he doesn't like can count as punishment, right?" Poor Tam didn't realize that Catriona not only couldn't swim, but he physically incapable of doing so; it also seemed he had no real understanding that psychological punishments could be just as detrimental, if not moreso, than physical ones. And speaking of...

"Are... Are you going to hurt him, Lord Stillang?"

Once their conversation was over, the guard followed orders and brought an angry looking Catriona to the office. The young man walked in, his hair once again reflecting his mood as it was covering most of his face. The only thing that stopped him in his tracks was the sight of Tam's tear stained face.

"Hey," he called, getting the young boy's attention. Poor Tam got mixed up in all of this and while Catriona didn't want to admit it, it truly was his fault. "Did... Was it me who made you cry?"

Rather than a real answer all he got was a quick "I've got to go." Tam left, the doors were closed behind him, and Catriona was left alone with Stillang. His spine chilled; it was like being stuck in a cage with a wolf... A calm wolf, one who knew it had the upper hand and was simply waiting until it felt good and ready to pounce.

And Catriona was just a helpless rabbit, waiting to be devoured.

With any of the cobalts, or even others, the leader had long since learned to be patient and tolerant when meeting with individuals who were upset or otherwise irrational. Still, the elder cobalt gives a special kind of patience and gentleness to his youngest clan members. The duty to guide and help them grow is a duty he takes most seriously and has never seen a young child thrive under harsh and unrealistic standards. The mercury being a prime example in how a child can become most troublesome and dangerous.

When asked about the mercury's comment to not see anyone, he gently but firmly gives his stance on the matter. "I believe that is something the two of you would need to discuss between yourselves." He gives a slight nod at the assessment of the situation. "It may be true that it was an accident, however, it is important to remember that Catriona's choices brings about consequences. Cook may have been a bit hasty in how she responded, but neither has he given any indication that he would be receptive to anything else. Nor did she treat him much differently than any other his age if they acted out."

Which is true enough, though most would have been cuffed on the head or swatted at with a wooden spoon.

At Tam's suggestion for a punishment of learning to swim, the cobalt has to actively fight his response to laugh. Oh, this is too perfect. He thinks to himself while inwardly grinning. Outwardly he tilts his head in a thoughtful manner before giving a slow nod. "That sounds very wise of you Tam. Though you'll have to make sure that he doesn't go beyond waist deep and that he is kept a close eye on." Stillang doesn't want his new toy to accidentally drown after all.

At the young cobalt's final question, he meets the other's gaze with a serious look. "He must learn the consequences that follow his choices Tam. It will be a fair punishment, but he cannot be allowed to think that his disrespect to not just myself but everyone else that was present can be allowed to pass. Now go on, I'm sure you have planning to do for tomorrow's lesson."

Silently he watches the brief exchange between Tam and Catriona, and continues to silently wait until the mercury looks at him. After a long moment the lord finally speaks. "I have heard accounts from all who were involved in today's incident. You are fortunate that I did so instead of listening only to the kitchen staff." One finger taps lightly on his chair arm. "However, while that gives you some leniency that does not excuse you from how the situation was handled by you."

He motions the other to come closer. "Now then, since you continue to behave like a spoiled child I shall punish you like one. Take off your pants and lay across my lap." Stillang continues cutting off the protest he knows is about to come. "Either do as your told without comment or I'll do it for you." The strands of hair are already prepared to grab the other and the cobalt has no qualms about forcing the other's clothing off.

Thoughts for another time. He promises himself as images of tearing the young mercury's clothing off in order to punish then enjoy the lithe body arise.

One way or another Catriona is soon across Stillang's lap with one hand between his shoulder blades to keep him in place. "If you struggle to try and get away you'll only get more. The punishment will stop when you apologize and ask for my forgiveness sincerely." With that the first smack of the leader's hand against the mercury's ass is heard. Stillang's hand has been transitioned to a sort of in-between state so that there's some give, but a layer of metal and gem to add a harshness to it. Much like a wooden paddle except smaller and more precise with where it lands.

Stillang is methodical in his placements. He starts with the firm curve of the other male's ass then goes up to the start of the swell of flesh after the main portion is starting to turn a bit red, then goes back down to stop at the top of the thighs. Soon the flesh goes from a bright pink, to bright burning red, back to pink again. The smack are even and measured and only stop once the cobalt is satisfied that the other is truly repentant.

When he stops, his hand comes to a rest on the middle of the hot reddened cheeks. "Now then, tomorrow you shall apologize to the others either before or after you meet with Tam for his punishment for how you behaved. You may get dressed and go back to your room. Nowhere else is allowed unless it's either to apologize or Tam comes to collect you." With that the mercury is released. For now.

As Stillang spoke Catriona looked the part of frightened child who was in more trouble than he knew. He stood in front of the other, trembling slight, one arm clutching the elbow of the other. Because his eyes were pure white not many people could tell where exactly his gaze fell, a fact that comforted him immensely, but Catriona felt that somehow Stillang knew the young man was avoiding eye contact with him. Standing before him now made Catriona feel like he was in the presence of a god... An angry one. The punishment didn't exactly help lighten the image that had formed in the young mercury's head. Before he could even say a word, Stillang cut whatever argument he was going to make. The man often left no room for argument; this was something Catriona had finally learned.

Catriona's anxiety about other's touching his body and revealing it to them was tapped into with this punishment, but he knew he couldn't refuse. Rather than make himself more miserable he did as he was told. He was slow to do it, peeling off his pants one leg at a time to try and hold off whatever it was Stillang wanted to do to him. As much as wanted to scream at this man, call him a sicko and disgusting and whatever else came to mind, he bit his tongue. Best to not anger the leader any further. Eventually he was without anything covering his lower half and laying across Stillang's lap, his eyes squeezed shut as he anticipated his punishment.

"Ahhh!" Catriona barely controlled his cry. "D-don't," he muttered before another smack landed. He let out another yell, one hand gripping his hair and another clutching to Stillang's leg. How did this man manage to make this hurt so much? The yells, cries, and begging to stop layered on top of one another. Catriona hated everything about this. He hated the fact that Stillang was touching him and looking at him, and he hated that he was being treated like a child. Still, there was one to end this.

"Okay, okay! I... I'm...." Catriona hiccuped through his tears several times before he managed find the words he wanted to say. "Please," he said in a quiet, shaky voice. "I'm sorry. It wasn't my intent to ruin the lunch. I just got angry when the chef accused me of lying. I wanted it to go well, I really did." He sniffed heavily, and wiped his eyes though it didn't stop the flow of tears. "I understand what I did wrong, and the parts I don't understand I'll ask Tam about. He'll walk me through it. I know he will. I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry, and I hope you'll forgive me. Please forgive me and don't hit me anymore."

His saving grace came when the smacking finally stopped. Once he was off of Stillang's lap he dressed himself quickly and nodded at his words, though he mostly trying to make his escape. He didn't hesitate to run out once he was granted freedom, and of course he went to straight to his room, his new home away from home.

"You don't hate me, right?"

Tam marched right to Catriona's room the next morning, and stared at the mercury who was curled up in bed. He didn't react as Catriona blinked his empty eyes in confusion. He simply waited for an answer.

"Why would I hate you? You're my only friend here, Tam. You're the only one who believes me and listens to me." Children always seemed to like Catriona for one reason or another. After spending time in the cobalt kingdom with people calling him a child left and right, he wondered if he should have been more concerned about how children always flocked to him and enjoyed his company. He certainly didn't want to be associated with them on a regular basis. Regardless of all that, he let out a small smile at the hug Tam gave him.

"I knew you didn't hate me! You said you didn't want to see any one of us again, so I thought..."

"I'm sorry, Tam. I didn't mean you."

Tam let out a small gasp as he let go of his friend. "You said sorry!"

To that, Catriona snorted and curled deeper under his blanket. "Guess I did. I'm sure it'll come easier after last night," he muttered more to himself than Tam.

"Then come on! We gotta go see Chef Altria and then we're gonna go to the lake!"

"Do I really have to--wait what?"

"My cousin didn't have a swimsuit that could fit you, but I borrowed some shorts and a shirt from him. Here! It'll be fine! Okay, get dressed!"

"Wait, what's this about going to a lake? Tam, you listen--"

"Get dressed! Come oooooon!"

The two went back and forth before Catriona finally relented, only because it crossed his mind that Stillang might punish him again if he doesn't listen to Tam. Even so, he had no intention of going to any lake. With this mindset he followed Tam to the kitchen where Altria and her team were cleaning up after breakfast. While Catriona would have preferred to face her in something more elegant than a simple white shirt and blue shorts (that were admittedly too short and forced Catriona to keep pulling them down) he took what he could get.

"You're not allowed in here."

"Wait, Chef! Just hear him out, please. He has something he wants to tell you!" Tam nodded at Catriona before running off with a quick "Say what you need to say, Catri! I'll be right back!" Leaving Catriona in the middle of this kitchen with the glares of servers and of course Altria was probably not the best idea, but Altria simply crossed her arms over her chest, indicating she was waiting for the young mercury to speak.

"Why did you leave me...." Catriona whispered under his breath before clearing his throat. "So... I don't think you'll believe me, and that's fine. You have every right not to, but I'm sorry. I shouldn't have hit you and I shouldn't have threw wine on you. That was childish. I just got so mad when you accused me of lying that I lost my temper. I... I know better than to behave like that. I really do. And I hope you'll forgive me for my actions." With that last word, he bowed to her.

"Wow. I didn't expect you to be able to apologize sincerely." Altria smiled as she accepted the young man's apology, though not without scolding him like the child she believed him to be. Meanwhile, Tam had run off to of course find his leader. It took some time, but he eventually located him. With a wide grin Tam excitedly told Stillang that Catriona apologized to him, but more importantly...

"Will you come to the lake with us, Lord Stillang? Oh, please say yes! My mom says you're always working hard, so doesn't that mean you need a break! Please, please, please!"

Stillang looks up from his paperwork as Tam bursts in and immediately bombards him with the request. The cobalt blinks slowly while looking at the young boy as his brain attempts to process the rapidly fired words. When the other finally pauses to take a breath the cobalt leader chuckles softly while setting his pen down. "Well, with such a convincing argument how can I refuse?"

Inwardly the leader is pleased at the opportunity to see the young mercury being tormented without having to do it himself directly. However... "Now Tam, I'll forgive you this once but you mustn't leave your charge unattended when he's under your supervision. At least, not this early on." He says sternly, but not harshly. Standing up he waves the other to go. "Now go on, I'll meet you down at the lake." With a smile he gently shoos Tam out so he can go get ready himself.

Soon Stillang is on his way to the lake wearing a pair of black form fitting swim shorts. Not tight enough to reveal everything, but definitely enough to emphasize the sculpted form and hint at the hidden assets. A loose shirt and a towel complete the outfit. The hair, which had originally capture Catriona, is pulled back in a simple ponytail which allows the strands to freely sway and chime.

Getting there before the others, he sets his items off to the side and decides to go ahead and get in to swim a few laps before it gets noisy. Stepping in the water, the cobalt is soon slipping through the water and lets himself enjoy dim depths. By the time Tam and Catriona arrive, the cobalt is breaking out of the water to walk to the shore.

As the water splits and slides down the leader's body, he pushes some strands back causing the wet muscles to flex and shimmer in the light. Seeing Tam, and the mercury, he gives the small cobalt a small smile. "Ready to swim then?" He asks while keeping Catriona in his periphery.

"Oh, okay! Sorry!" Tam ran out of the office once reminded that he couldn't leave Catriona on his own. Thankfully, his arrival back to the kitchen was met with Altria and the servers finishing off the last of the dishes and one server attempting to explain to Catriona the proper way to balance items on a tray. He smiled widely at the scene, but didn't have time to dwell on it too much. "Come on, Catri!" he called as he made his over to his friend. "We've got to meet Lord Stillang at the lake! He said he'd come with us!"

"What? Wait no, first of all I don't want to go to the lake and secondly why is he coming?"

"Come on!" It seemed Tam had a habit of not answering Catriona's questions when he was particularly excited. He simply grabbed Catriona's hand and pulled him away, though not before Altria stopped them. She quickly gathered up several snacks and arranged them in a basket before handing it to the mercury heir. After all, what was a morning on the lake without some food? With that, she sent them away, laughing as she watched Catriona struggle against Tam pulling at him.

"Hello! Hi, Lord Stillang!" Tam waved as he ran down to the lake, refusing to let go of Catriona until they made it to the cobalt leader. Of course, he didn't notice the way that Catriona was staring at said leader. Seeing him come out of the water, dripping wet with those tight shorts on... The young mercury heir sucked in a breath, for a moment forgetting exactly where he was. he swallowed hard as he set the basket down. Keeping his eyes off of Stillang was far more difficult than he imagined, though he wouldn't have to attempt to avoid him for long.

"I'm ready!" Tam said excitedly. "Catri, do you want to come in?"

Catriona let out a harsh laugh. "No. Thanks, but you can go on. I'll sit here."

"Don't be that way, Catri." All Tam did was tug him towards the water a bit. They didn't make it far, barely two steps forward, before Catri yanked his hand away and scurried backwards. "No, no, Tam don't play with me like that. I don't like the water, okay? I can't swim."

"I can teach you!"

"No, you don't understand. I cannot swim. I am incapable of swimming. Ever. It is not possible for me to swim."

"Well, don't think like that! Come on!"

Again, Tam pulled on Catri, this time holding onto him harder. He pulled as hard as he could and they made it closer to the lake before Catriona let out a high "NO!" His fear of water was unmatched. Even his fear of Stillang couldn't meet his fear of water. It wasn't unheard of for Mercury members to step into water. Some had no fear of it, but Catriona's sheltered life kept him from understanding it. He had a tremendous horror of it, rather than a simple respect for it. His anxiety was unreasonable even to certain mercuries.

"I can't, Tam! I can't. Please, I can't." He backed away, shaking his head as he begged Tam to have mercy. As he moved farther and farther from the lake he wound up bumping right into Stillang. He quickly turned around, letting out a startled yelp. His eyes had a mind of their own as they looked the man up and down, then his body wouldn't listen to him either as he wrapped his arms around the other man.

"Please, Stillang, don't make me go in the water. Please, tell Tam that I can't do it. Please." Catriona pressed his face into Stillang's chest with one pressed to it and the other wrapped around him. Somehow, even after Catriona's punishment last night, he felt safe being closer to the other man. There was no way for him to guarantee that Stillang wouldn't just toss him in, but he also knew that as a leader he was reasonable. Surely, he could feel Catriona trembling and sense his fear. Water was nothing for him to play with and it seemed Tam didn't quite understand that, but Stillang might.

"Catri?" Catriona squeezed Stillang tighter when he heard the young boy call his name.

"Don't make me, please. Don't make me go in there."

Stillang notices the mercury ogling him and inwardly smirks, pleased with the attention. When Tam begins trying to get Catriona into the water the lord pays some attention but is interested in see what the cook had packed for them to enjoy at the lake. Hopefully there's something for him to drink as his little swim has made him a bit thirsty.

In his distraction the cobalt is taken a bit by surprise when suddenly finding himself with an armful of young male mercury. After getting over the initial shock that the mercury would reach to him for safety, the lord feels pleased and approves of the progress in his charge.

He wraps one arm around the smaller male's waist and lightly pats the other's head. "Come now, no need to quite so terrified of a little water." Stillang lightly comments, not belittling but lightening the situation slightly.

"Tam, go ahead and get in the water while I work on calming Catriona down."

He puts a finger to his lips with a small smile while manipulating his hair to move and cause the sound that had captured the mercury early on. When Tam moves to do as told, Stillang moves his arm around Catriona's head to under his ass to lift him, his hand cupping the flesh that had been recently abused by its owner. This time however, the hand has slightly more give to it and cradles instead of punishing.

The other arm tightens slightly to help support the now lifted mercury. While all of this goes on, Stillang keeps his hair swaying as he looks to see if the mercury is taken in yet by the sound. Once certain that the young male is more focused on his hair, the cobalt begins walking to the water and stops only once the the water begins to tease the mercury's toes. Which, on the cobalt, means that the water is around knee height.

Stopping, both with walking and moving his hair intentionally though the strands naturally shift as they settle back into place. "Now then, let's have a nice little walk hm?" He asks, slightly teasing and slightly serious as he gives the flesh under his hand a squeeze before letting the other slide down to stand in the water.

"There now, that isn't so bad now is it?" He asks lightly while keeping his arms firmly around the smaller male to keep him from doing something idiotic and end up drowning himself.

Catriona never once imagined that Stillang's words could calm his pounding heart. Until now he felt like he'd only ever angered the cobalt leader. It certainly came as a surprise when Stillang spoke teasing yet comforting words, as if a familiarity had grown between them that allowed that type of kindness. Perhaps it had and Catriona had never realized it. Perhaps Stillang did actually care something for the young mercury and his punishments truly were to teach him how to be a better person. Well, there was no time to dwell on that, not when Catriona's ears were filled with that sweet singing he heard at the beginning of his self-improvement journey.

Catriona looked upward to catch a glimpse of Stillang's hair. A small smile formed on his face; he loved that sound more than anything. It was so pretty. So calming. So enrapturing. Before he could stop himself his hands reached up and ran through the soft, silky strands, as if he could touch the sound itself. He played around the idea, how these strands of hair were in a literal sense the physicality of that wonderful sound. The thought was lovely. All of it was lovely. It was so beautiful that Catriona didn't even realize how distracted he was.

A soft mewl left him when he felt something gently yet firmly cup his bottom. Normally, he'd have quite the problem with this, but in the moment it made him happy. His eyelids drooped some as he got the sudden feeling that he was floating. The dreamy smile on his face was proof of the fantasy he was currently living. Now that he was closer to Stillang's hair he lightly rubbed his nose against the strands, a giggle leaving him when he felt the tickle. His hands never stopped touching the other's hair, though they sometimes lost their place and found themselves running along Stillang's cheeks. Of course this was fine. It was all fine. Everything was simply wonderful.

Until it wasn't.

The sound faded away, and while Catriona still felt the safety of Stillang's arms around he also felt the most unwelcome sensation.

"W-wait...." When the hell did get so deep in the water?

Catriona immediately clung to Stillang as if he were his last chance for survival. He may have even climbed on him if he dared to move his legs. He buried his face against the other's skin, trembling as they stood together in the water. Several moments passed.

More moments.

More moments.

And nothing happened.

Catriona eventually peeked out, looking down at the water around his feet. Even he had to admit that he wasn't dead. He hadn't drowned in all this time. The ripples from Tam swimming around in circles trying to catch fish didn't swallow him up. He was alive. Even so....

"I... I'm scared," he whispered, still clinging to Stillang though at least he was now looking around at everything. He tried lifting a foot only for it to go back down quicker than he intended. "I feel... Heavy." It wasn't as if he felt like there were several iron weights around his ankles, but he did notice that he had a harder time lifting his feet that were fully submerged. He knew it would only get worse if he went in deeper, and he was already in plenty deep for his liking. Anymore and he worried he would indeed feel as if he were weighed down by iron causing to be unable to move.

"Doesn't it feel good, Catri?" Tam called to him as he swam by.

It didn't feel good... But it didn't feel bad. Maybe because Stillang had a strong hold of the smaller male, making sure nothing happened to him. Catriona took a deep breath as he rested his head against Stillang's arm. "I guess..." he said to Stilang since Tam had already swam away. "It doesn't feel so terrible. But if I went in any deeper I don't think I could move much." How to explain this feeling? He only felt safe because he was here with Stillang. Had it not been for the older man's arms around him Catriona would be in hysterics. So does he tell him that?

No. No, he couldn't say such a thing.

"Don't let me go. Please, god, please just don't let me go."

Well, perhaps he just did.

Stillang hums faintly to himself at how entranced the mercury is with his hair, and is surprised when the other even goes so far as to touch the cobalt's face. Not that he minds, in fact, having the other want to touch him and enjoy doing so plays into his plans perfectly. Once in the water and the two briefly interact, the lord watches Tam with one eye, amused at the child's actions but also wanting to make sure he doesn't venture too deep.

When Catriona clings to the cobalt, the lord lightly pets the mercury's hair and continues to just stand there until the realization settles in that just being in water doesn't mean that he will drown.

He gifts the younger male with a small smile when he speaks and continues to cling as well as beg. "That is why I didn't take you deeper. Though I think you have to admit that water has some pleasant aspects to it." He lightly teases while his smile turns into a smirk as he lets it subtly be known that he had seen the other looking at him when Stillang had gotten out of the lake.

"Come on, you can walk a few laps and that will suffice. I'll let Tam know that water isn't a good mix for Mercuries after a point." Pulling back, he turns them while keeping one arm around the Catriona's waist, then nudges him along. "Tam, make sure to not go in too deep." The lord calls out to the young cobalt.

After he has Catriona walk along the lake's shore several times guides them back to shore. Moving his hand from the mercury's waist to his lower back, they go to the basket. "Come Tam, time to eat." He calls out over his shoulder, checking to make sure the boy is on his way.

Once they reach the basket he takes out the blanket and spreads in for them to sit on. "Now then, let us see what Altria has prepared for us." He muses while reaching in to begin pulling out the food.

After they eat and enjoy the area a bit longer, the leader stands up and tilts his head. "This has been enjoyable. However, duty calls. I shall see you both at dinner." With that he heads back to the main building after pulling on his shirt. The lord's day is then filled with training sessions and paperwork.

At dinner Stillang is once more looking the part of a clan leader. However, shortly after Catriona and Tam join the table, so to does the cobalt that the mercury had seen with at the leader's room and they settle down next to the lord. Placing one hand on the lord's chest, he leans in to whisper into Stillang's ear causing a faint smile to appear along with a glance to the pretty cobalt.

Dare Catriona admit that this afternoon by the lake was pleasant? Dare he say he felt as if he had created a bond between himself and Stillang and strengthened the one already formed between him and Tam? Was it a stretch to say that he felt as if Stillang might like him now? Or that he might even like Stillang? He even chuckled at the leader's joke about eventually telling Tam how Mercuries hate water.

"Please tell him sooner rather than later. He doesn't quite seem to understand that me not wanting to swim isn't from lack of confidence." He smiled at Stillang as they slowly walked together, Catriona getting used to the way the water felt around him. Perhaps if Tam asked and if Stillang were available he'd do this again. Perhaps. For now, however, he was simply enjoying their time together. They all laughed as they ate their meal, and Catriona was admittedly saddened to see Stillang go. He followed Tam's lead and bowed as the other man left, thanking him for their time together. Tam and Catriona spent the rest of the day together, mostly skipping lessons to play around in the gardens or find more clothes for the young mercury.

Catriona didn't want to tell Tam just how excited he was to see Stillang at dinner, but he had a feeling the young child knew. They got ready together, Tam once again brushing Catriona's hair and tying it back in a high ponytail. All the while Catriona found himself particularly chatty about how wonderful it was to spend time with Lord Stillang and how kind he was and helpful and oh, did he mention handsome? Plus that hair is such a treat. On and on Catriona went much to Tam's amusement. It was only when they sat down for dinner did that pleasant atmosphere completely disappear.

Just who the hell was this man?

Catriona tilted his head slightly, his eyes narrowing as he took a seat right across from this pretty man. Tam sat beside him and could sense the tension coming from his friend. "Umm... Catri?"

And just what the hell was that smile from Stillang? Did this beautiful man who wasn't even that beautiful really say something funny? Or just stupid?

"Catri?"

Catriona blinked as he looked down at his friend. Seeing him reminded him of how much work he had put in just to get to the point where him and Stillang could spend time with each other and not glare at one another. He couldn't ruin the trust that Stillang might have had in him. Catriona had shown he was capable of kindness and politeness and apologizing and saying please or thank you. He couldn't let all of that perish. He wouldn't allow this man to make him angry for no reason whatsoever. No, he could be decent and polite even to someone who rubbed him the wrong way.

"Excuse me," he said to the pretty cobalt, the smile wide on his face. "Can I just say that you are very beautiful? One of the most stunning cobalts I've ever seen." He let that sink in for a moment, nodding his head as his kind words settled in. "I certainly hope I'm that beautiful when I'm your age."

There was nothing stopping Catriona from a good ol' fashioned Mercurial back-handed compliment. If Catriona felt that he couldn't outright insult the man, then he could at least sugarcoat it.

Catriona tossed his ponytail over his shoulder as the first course was served. "I mean I really hope I can learn some of the beauty tricks you've learned when I get older. You've clearly been gathering up quite a few of them in your years, haven't you?" He laughed pleasantly as if this were truly just a fun conversation. "I'm sure being so close to Lord Stillang requires that you look your best, correct? May I ask what it is you do, sir? Whatever it is I'm sure it involves escorting Lord Stillang around the grounds, no?" He cleared his throat after his emphasis on this pretty man's profession.

All at once the sweet look on Catriona's face disappeared to be replaced with a hard stare. He spoke through his teeth as he tightly clutched the fork in his hand. "I'd work harder to keep myself looking young if I were you. Wouldn't want Lord Stillang to trade you in for a younger model, now would you?"

Stillang, of course, noticed the sudden tension almost immediately and hid his amusement. What's this? The little mercury is jealous and feeling possessive already? Lifting his glass, the cobalt hides his grin by taking a drink while letting the little show of claws take its course. He's nowhere near fool enough to willingly insert himself in it, but more than that it would mean ending his show.

The cobalt that was the focus of the mercury's ire, slowly raises an eyebrow oh so slightly as the other gives the backhanded compliment. "Why, thank you for the lovely compliment. Taking care and pride in one's appearance takes time and dedication, something which seems to be missing in those your age." The jab referring to how Catriona had been less than well groomed until today indicating that the other is either too lazy or ugly to put in any effort regularly into looking attractive.

At the other's dig into his profession, the cobalt gives a low throaty laugh and glances at said lord before replying. "Keeping our lord company is not my main profession, though it certainly isn't a hardship by any means." Giving a satisfied and knowing smirk before adding, "However I contribute to the clan as the head designer here. I helped to design Lord Stillang's favorite garden and his wardrobe. Ah, forgive me for going on about myself though. What is it you do or bring with you?"

The eyebrow lifts slightly again, and while the expression of the cobalt appears to be open and curious, the eyes reveal that a smug knowing look as to how the mercury has only brought issues and complications with him.

While waiting for a reply the cobalt lightly strokes Stillang's arm and, keeping eye contact with Catriona, rests his cheek on the other cobalt's shoulder. Others at the table somewhat start to notice the exchange between the two, but keep their noses out of it. Or at least, they listen without inserting themselves. Some hoping that a fight doesn't break out, others hoping the rivalry gets more heated, and some hoping this means for their own chance to get closer to the head of the cobalts.

Catriona's eye twitched at the mention of his appearance. Thankfully Tam had been able to help him out today and he looked presentable, but if there was one thing Catriona took pride in, it was the way he looked. As much as he wanted to scream at this man he took a deep breath and smiled widely. "I'd like to think the younger generation spends even more time on their appearance than those who came before them. Or perhaps we should try to meet each other in the middle. Honestly, I feel both of our generations truly care about how they look, but we're focused on different things. I, for one, tend to my hair and clothes, and you probably tend to your crow's feet and wrinkles. Two sides of the same coin." Catriona chuckled lightly as he lifted in glass in a cheers before taking a sip.

"Oh my! So you have the honor of helping Lord Stillang with his wardrobe. I see, I see. Well, may I say that you do an excellent job. I can't help but notice just how stunning our Cobalt leader looks in his clothes." Catriona bowed his head to Stillang before focusing back on his prey. "Truly, his clothes represent his power and strength well while at same time exemplifying his elegance. Truly magnificent job. Funny, how your personal style is so... What's the word? Well, we'll just say it's different. I often hear that fashion designers are quite good at dressing others, but rather poor at dressing themselves. I suppose the proof sits before me." Catriona shrugged, the plastic smile frozen on his face. The more he spoke with this man the more he hated him and wanted to shower him in his quicksilver. Catriona was doing a good job of keeping calm, but as the conversation continued he could feel his blood boil and his heartbeat steadily rising.

"I have come here to educate myself." Catriona flexed and unflexed his fingers under the table, anything to help him keep his typically rampaging temper under control. "I've already learned so much from Lord Stillang, Tam, and even the chef and servers. I'm sure that you understand the pursuit of knowledge. Or perhaps you just carry air in that oh so pretty head of yours." Catriona laughed, though his anger continued to rise, particularly when this darling man began cuddling up to Stillang. It didn't take much for Catriona to pop. His temper was always something he needed to work on, but unfortunately it got the better of him once again. His tensed his fingers, trying to think of a way to get this man away Stillang. It never even crossed his mind that he shouldn't be feeling this way; as usual Catriona acted before thinking.

"Tam, do you mind passing me the--oh no!" His request was accompanied by extending his arm to point at something, resulting in his glass of wine getting knocked over hard enough to fall right into the rival's lap. "I am so, so sorry! Truly, I am. I'm a bit clumsy, ask Chef Altria. Here, please allow me to help." Catriona stood with his hand full of napkins as he made his way to the other man. Once there he didn't acknowledge how much he was getting pushed away and began dabbing at his rival's clothes until...

"Ah! Oh no, oh no! I'm so sorry! My nerves kicked in and I just... Oh dear." As his hands were rubbing at the clothes he let his quicksilver run against the fabric. The red mixed with the thick silver and the more he rubbed, the bigger the stains became. Eventually Catriona gave up or rather was pushed away. "Well, look at the bright side. That robe was ugly anyway so now you have an excuse to throw it away."

The pretty cobalt just tsks as the mercury tries to insult his own clothing. "I see you have quite the eye there." He gives a slightly exaggerated sigh while motioning to his outfit. "This was something brought back from your own clan I believe, and since it was a gift I very well couldn't turn it down. I will, admittedly have to adjust it to make it more fashionable, but I wanted to show my appreciation for the thoughtfulness behind it. Some can be so self-absorbed nowadays that it truly most unfortunate at how many they can hurt with their thoughtlessness." His eyes flicker between the mercury and Tam.

When Catriona gives his reason for being at the clan, the cobalt gives a soft laugh that is slightly muffled behind one hand. "Oh? Well I am so glad to hear that there is enough awareness to acknowledge you need help dear. I do hope that the continued pursuits for you aren't as costly as the beginning of your journey. Perhaps you'll even gain some respect and companionship should wisdom decide to grace you." The cobalt purrs with eyes like ice as the dig at how the mercury had cost the clan heavily in money for the horses killed, and the alienation that the other is experiencing due to his behavior.

Looking down at his now ruined robe, the cobalt gives a sigh while standing and sheds the outer robe handing it off to servants. "It is good that I was prepared for a potentially exciting dinner." He states while now in a slightly more form fitting outfit. It is still worthy of the present company, but tastefully hints at the type of body underneath. More than a few give appreciative glances toward the cobalt.

Sitting back down he gives a satisfied smirk to the mercury. "Don't fret your silly little head over the matter dear. It can't be expected that you'd have the experience" he glances meaningfully at Stillang "or skills to conduct yourself well. Perhaps you might even catch the eye of someone willing to take the time and effort to teach you so you won't embarrass yourself or scare away potential suitors."

At this point Stillang wonders if he should intervene, but isn't quite willing to risk it yet.

Mercy, this man was annoying. Catriona didn't want to admit that the poise this person carried, his elegance, his grace, his quick wit... Everything was so much better than what Catriona offered. Sure, in reality it came with age and experience, but what was truly annoying was that this man provided the same beauty that Catriona did and so much more. The young heir was tired of being treated like a child. He was tired of others attempting to put him in his place when they didn't even try to learn one thing about him. Nevermind that Catriona started this whole debacle....

"You're right, sir. I don't have the experience as someone like you. You handle me quite well. I'm sure you're used to handling people my age considering you probably have an ample amount of great-grandchildren. The fact of the matter is that I am learning and maybe I will find a potential suitor. I can take embarrassments, and I'll take the lessons that come with them." In a strange way, Catriona didn't feel like he was lying. After his spanking from Stillang the other day, he felt like he had learned a lesson. Perhaps he couldn't necessarily put whatever it was he learned into words, but he had indeed taken the embarrassment with the lesson. Apologies never came easy for him yet he made three in the last twenty-four hours. There was plenty of time to screw it all up, but also plenty of time to improve on what he'd already learned.

"Well, I'm glad that ugly garb is out of sight now. Though, what underneath isn't much better. I suppose my clan saw that this is your preferred style and dug up that robe from the depths. Here, why don't you take this?" Catriona removed his own robe and draped it over his rival's shoulders, revealing his own lithe body underneath. He and Tam hadn't exactly been able to find clothes that were his level of extravagant, but a simple, red, formfitting one piece suit would suffice. After all, red was his favorite color and this suit showed him off in all the right places. If he couldn't beat this man in a battle of words and grace, then he could beat him another way.

"This is cute though," he said, pinching his new "friend's" stomach and arms. "I suppose our bodies let us down if we don't take care of them in our older years. Well, I've certainly learned something from you." He giggled before he caught the eyes of the man sitting next to Stillang. Oh, well it seemed he had indeed made a fan. Of course, it wasn't rare that his body tended to catch attention and even better that he could use it to his advantage. "May I?" he said simply, pointing to the chair the man was sitting in. Perhaps this guy just wanted to see how this whole thing would play out, but he moved and Catriona took the seat on the other side of Stillang.

"Thank you again for your help today, Lord Stillang," Catriona said, running his fingers down the other's arm. "You really helped me relax and I understand that I don't need to be so fearful. It's not like water has power over me, and I shouldn't give it any. The reality is that I can fight. I can fight however I need to." He briefly caught eyes with his rival before looking back at Stillang. "I hope you'd be willing to join me at the lake again. I know I've caused some trouble for you, but I'm really beginning to understand and learn. I'm... Moldable. That's far more interesting and fun than something that's... You know." Once again he caught eyes with his rival, a small smirk forming on his face. "Something that's all done learning and growing and repeats the same thing over and over again."

The cobalt returns the pinching with short harsh pokes to the ribs and pinches a cheek. "And we simply must get you to eat more. No one wants to be intimate with a skeleton dear, though perhaps time will help with some of the baby fat in your face hmm?" Smiling sweetly the mercury's robe is allowed to slide off his shoulders and pile on the chair.

When Catriona sits on the other side of Stillang, he has to fight to not both laugh and wince. It may be time to ease his way out and let the two settle their dominance display without him present. "It was no trouble at all. Though the credit is due to Tam for choosing the activity for today." Pretending to not catch the undertones, or at least not overtly, he gives a small nod. "Willingness and being able to learn is something those of all ages should pursue. Still, it is good to know that you are starting to learn from your mistakes."

Eyeing the mercury out of the corner of one eye the lord stands. "As reward for doing well today, come to my office in an hour. I have a prior obligations right now, but should be free then and will end one of your punishments early." Without anything further he gives a parting nod to the others present then turns and leaves.

Once out of the sight the cobalt ducks into a corner and covers his mouth to stifle his laughter. That had been one of the most entertaining meals he has had in some time. Though not eager to be the one caught in the middle again, it might be worth putting the two together at some point again just to have a free show. Getting himself under control he then makes his way to finish up the correspondence letters he needs to write and a few other tasks before Catriona is due.

Stillang's office[/hr]

When the mercury is escorted into his office, the servant is waved away and they ow before closing the door. Leaning back in his chair, the lord stares at the other for a long moment before finally speaking. "Now then, let's see about giving you a bit of a reward hm? Undress and sit on the desk. Make sure I can see your... punishments clearly."

While looking calm and impassive on the outside, inwardly the lord is grinning at making the mouthy and temperamental male display himself for the lord's viewing pleasure. Not that the other knows that is what he is doing exactly. For all the other knows Stillang needs to see or touch the work he's done to manipulate it just enough to tweak what he's put in place.

After Catriona is perched and has his legs spread, the cobalt lord stands and moves to stand in front of the younger male. One hand grips a leg behind the knee to spread him out even further. "For doing well today I'll remove one part of your punishment today. This" He trails his finger along the cage around the other's cock. "is what will be removed." As his finger moves along it the metal flows and follows the finger wrapping up the hand to form a simple bracelet on the lord's wrist.

"These will stay until your time for the punishment has been either completed or you show significant progress, but don't expect them to make it easy for you." He says with a hint of a grin as the back of his hand trails down to the soft sack below the now free member to portion of the item that presses on Catriona's special bundle of nerves that hasn't received relief over the last two days. With his hand lightly touching the spot, it begins to pulse and vibrate in small bursts.