Gaining Favor (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Jack waited for answer from Luke, wanting to know if he was getting tired from being out here or wanted to continue to out of the estate. He had his own guess, but he wanted to hear what came from him. Hearing the answer finally, Jack nodded his head to that answer. "Let's enjoy ourselves then. We can look for more stuff around town, maybe even go down to where the market was..." Jack said to him, ready to leave with him.

Before they had left, Jack had heard that question come from him which did shock him a little. "I guess I saw something recently and wanted to give you a chance. More so then others Luke, you just had a spark that was needed to re-lit which is dull. The others seem to be already out, and you have attitude," Jack answered, ready to now leave with the male. Having left with him by his side, as he let Luke carry the bags.

"What I wish I could do is some flying but that can be done back at the estate. We have area, where he we can do that and not get seen.."

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing Jack explain to him why he had taken a chance on him just made Luke all the more confused. Seen something recently? What could he have possibly shown that would have warranted being given a second chance? Luke didn't think he had done or showed anything that would make Jack want to give him a chance. "Attitude?" He asked a bit curious though there was a small smile on his face. Though he wasn't entirely sure what the man had meant by that he had to admit he liked the way it sounded regardless. But having been told that he had just had a dull fire that needed to be re-lit versus the others whose fires had been out made a bit more sense, even if he still felt like there had to be more behind it.

In the end he had to accept that Jack had taken a risk with him and he was doing his best to make sure it did not go unrewarded. He'd continue to do his best to show Jack that he had been worth the risk and wouldn't fail either of them again, at least for as long as he could. Though he was sure that eventually someone new would come along that the brother's would take more of an interest in and he'd be replaced, it wasn't like he expected to live out the rest of his life with them not thinking either brother had that kind of interest in any of them.

"Flying?" Luke repeated it taking a moment to register what he had meant by that and that he did not mean that by plane. "That must be fun, freeing." He commented thinking that having such an ability would make one feel quite free and it made him think about it a bit himself.

"Yes the actual flying with my wings..." Jack commented before hearing that with a shrug of his shoulders. "It is pretty freeing for sure. I haven't done it awhile but they may change once we get back to the estate," Jack said to him as he walked with him more around the city. It wasn't long before Jack had stopped near others, who had their servants by their side. Watching one rough one up, Jack almost stepped but huffed out.

"That's what I don't like people of my status. They treat people differently," Jack said to him. Starting to walk away from the moment, with him holding the other hand which was starting to tighten in rough matter like he was trying to hold back himself. "You have no idea how much it sucks that being part angel can come with it issues..." Jack explained to him, with a laugh leaving his lips. "You wouldn't find me in any church though or my brother. I never like those..."

Starting to yawn, as they were heading back to the vehicle to get back home. "I am starting to get tired. I haven't had that much fun in a while. Since I am just going myself cause my brother is a bore to go with.." Jack said. "I may even take a nap. If I do, go check on my brother to make sure he is okay.."

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Really? It would seem when you have a way to be free like that, that you would want to take any chance you could to do so." Luca admitted a bit curious as to why Jack apparently hadn't done so in awhile. Quietly he followed the the older man around the city, taking in the sights and sounds all something that he had not experienced himself in quite some time. He really was hoping that Jack would decide to take him with him more often, especially if Aki did not want to go with his brother.

"I'm sure it does, and you're right. I could never have any idea how much it would suck." Luca admitted with a small nod. He knew that being part angel would come with it's own issues and difficulties, just as Aki being part demon would experience his own issues and difficulties. Some of them may be similar to each other, or quite different and he would not be able to understand or gain any understanding of just how many issues they dealt with or how difficult it may be. But he could at least try to make things a bit easier for them, in any way he possibly could. "Any particular reason why you don't like them?" He questioned quite curious about it.

"Of course." If Jack decided to nap he'd make sure he went and checked in on Aki to see how the other man was doing and take care of anything he needed. The drive back to the mansion was a bit quiet but Luca didn't really mind after everything that had happened that day. It had been quite eventful, more so than he was used to even with the events he did his best to help with and make sure they were taken care of. Reaching the mansion he helped take care of the clothes that were bought, including the order that Jack had picked up while they were out. Asking if there was anything he could get Jack or if he was feeling that nap after all.